Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 26, 2021 11:43 AM

Apr 2018
Honestly Kumoko vs Araba was nuts, I didnt mind the CGI too much but that fight was a legit badass.
Mar 26, 2021 11:54 AM

Mar 2021
Xystus said:
Felt Kumo's outburst at the end there a bit overreacting though, like, really overreacting to the point of crying? Really?

Unfortunately the anime skipped/barely touched on why she has this fixation and trauma with Araba, it does feel forced if you only view it from the anime perspective.
Mar 26, 2021 11:55 AM

May 2020
WOW didn't expect the fight to be this good and also intense and emotional..

Mar 26, 2021 11:59 AM

May 2015
And the prologue finally comes to an end, time to get on with the real story.

ShiroShosuke said:
Xystus said:
Felt Kumo's outburst at the end there a bit overreacting though, like, really overreacting to the point of crying? Really?

Unfortunately the anime skipped/barely touched on why she has this fixation and trauma with Araba, it does feel forced if you only view it from the anime perspective.

It hasn't really skipped it, it just hasnt been addressed yet. She doesn't even know why until

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 26, 2021 6:59 PM
Mar 26, 2021 12:18 PM

Dec 2015
That was an awesome episode. I like how she said why an earth dragon can have fire-based skills. The battle was really intense and her sloth skill was 100% her trap card, alongside the rot skill. I liked the little speech she gave Araba before it died. Still confused with the ending where Ariel talked about fighting an earth dragon before. Also, our girl finally made it out of the cave.
Mar 26, 2021 1:32 PM

Oct 2017
This whole episode was simply awesome!

At the end there i almost expected Kumoko to heal Araba and then they either continue fighting, or become friends...
Mar 26, 2021 2:35 PM

Mar 2010
PURRFECTION I loved it, I was crying.. CRYING in tears of joy and regret kek But damn time to level up to the point of death!!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 26, 2021 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
Gotta admit, I was not expecting much from this anime due to the way people described it and how it started off. Many said it was a Slime clone but this stands on it's own two feet and the twists, amount of skills, mystery, and action have all been pretty good and fun to watch. This is not a clone of anything and is worth watching imo.
Mar 26, 2021 3:43 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode as always, a lot of action and emotion.
The first half of the series ended and now we must wait till April 9th for the next episode. :(
Mar 26, 2021 4:05 PM

Apr 2015
Rip Araba, you put up a good fight!

Now Kumoko is finally out of the labyrinth. Can't wait to see what the second cour has in store for us. Looking forward to more Ariel and what will become of Fei who is evolving in that egg.
Mar 26, 2021 4:31 PM

Oct 2007
not much to say except amazing fight between Araba and Kumo!

this would have been a nice season ender if the anime only had 12 episodes.
well, but we have more than 12.. so keep up the good work. :)
Mar 26, 2021 5:26 PM

Sep 2013
Good fight, that magic spam though.
Kumo's pride is through the roof, even with a victory she is not pleased because her ego and hypocritical obsession with araba even though she is the same mass genocidal monster.
Mar 26, 2021 6:22 PM
Sep 2008
Loved white lady in the background, always looming around the demon lord
Mar 26, 2021 6:25 PM
Sep 2008
KanameYuuki said:
That ending reminds me of this confusing yet funny image

I assume the white girl must be Kumoko but it makes me wonder, is Kumoko controlling the demon lord girl like a puppet? or is she just another reborn.

I think it's another reborn that Kumoko is helping and allowing to use her stuff like memories and threads (like in the general war room scene) so she isn't the one drawing the world's ire directly. However she killed shun's bro so lol.
Mar 26, 2021 6:28 PM
Sep 2008
I was really expecting Araba to be another reborn the way it spent points and such + the way it handled defeat. Or maybe that's a PC from someone given how much of a game this is. I wish they had been able to communicate with each other.
Mar 26, 2021 6:43 PM
Oct 2019
I never really liked this fight, for all its epicenes I never liked the oh but wait, another super overpowered cheat skill. Cheapens the whole encounter, winning on a technicality.

Araba is the real winner to me, going down with your head held high, with no regrets.
Mar 26, 2021 6:44 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,that one hard fought,epic fight against Araba.Looked like he respected her at the end too.
And the english lyrics for the ed song are absolutely hilarious.Didn't really like it at the end of the first few eps,but damn,has it grown on me.
Mar 26, 2021 7:04 PM

Oct 2008
The fight was intense but didn't expect it to take up the whole episode, I'm more interested in the story.
Mar 26, 2021 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
decent fight for once i was actually interested in it seeing how equal they were didn't help it looked like a nightmare to watch due to the cgi and what type of fight it was with all that movement...but then it kinda just ended normally i would call it a asspull and i still would lol but i just gave up caring on reading her 100s of skills she gets so i'm like sure why not have that skill why wouldn't she

but that uh outbrust came out of left field just thinking why does she care so much about a monster when she hasn't once this whole show during her mass monster murdering spree (sure i get oh they clashed and she fought a great rival and hates that it just gave up and is questioning her own struggle for survival) point is it just randomly popped up

despite overall not really loving this first cour and the visuals really didn't help i think it has a chance in going in far more interesting ways with what they have set up so far so refraining from talking to poorly on it till we see the 2nd cour

this is a alright show
Mar 26, 2021 7:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
CGI was stepped up a notch for the Araba fight, really good stuff, great end for the first half the season, looking forward to the rest! Also starting to doubt that the Demon Lord is Kumoko, but maybe she’s connected to her somehow because of the “mystery lady’s” reflection in the window in that one scene.
Mar 26, 2021 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
Marinate1016 said:
LooselyCarrot said:
I’m surprised anybody likes the human parts dam

Best part of the show.
Agreed, the human parts are actually really interesting and I'm surprised a lot of people don't agree. The way it jumps from Kumoko to the human drama makes it all the more appealing because we don't know when we'll get more plot points and development so when we do it's a joy. That, and the human characters so far have nice build ups and they could definitely have satisfying character arcs with the way things are going.
Mar 26, 2021 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe that Kumoko actually managed to defeat Araba, this was definitely the toughest battle! I do wonder why they didn't show up her leveling up and all her skills going up, but anyways it was an amazing episode and it all happened within one episode.

I do wonder about that ending...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 26, 2021 9:03 PM
Apr 2020
Kumoko outsmarted Araba. And she's out of the labyrinth! Excited to see her sunny new spider life. But I'm kinda confused, is she the cyrrent Demon Lord or is she the White Girl or the both of them just fought Earth Dragons before? lol

Mar 26, 2021 9:58 PM
Mar 2015
Kumoko defeats Araba and reaches the surface
Mar 26, 2021 10:50 PM
Mar 2021
Am I the only one that thinks that Kumoko might be the demon lord?
Mar 26, 2021 10:57 PM
Aug 2017
Oh boy, that was an awesome fight! Kumoko really gave Araba a run for her money! Enjoyed every second of it, next episode shes finally out of the labyrinth yayy
Mar 26, 2021 11:51 PM
Jan 2021
Diskord said:
Am I the only one that thinks that Kumoko might be the demon lord?

Remember, the answer to any question or guess like this about the show is always "Yes, but also No" (it doesn't matter how accurate the guess, that answer is the correct one.)
Mar 27, 2021 12:09 AM

Apr 2014
I dont know that this episode could have ever lived up to my expectations but it was just so... visually messy. And the sound effects were really amateurish. Just not a great job IMO. And boy that speech sure wouldve meant a lot more if they'd actually *showed* how Araba traumatised Kumoko instead of GOD DAMN SKIPPING MOST OF IT. Aoi Yuuki once again hard carrying the whole show
Mar 27, 2021 2:19 AM

Aug 2010
katsu044 said:
decent fight for once i was actually interested in it seeing how equal they were didn't help it looked like a nightmare to watch due to the cgi and what type of fight it was with all that movement...but then it kinda just ended normally i would call it a asspull and i still would lol but i just gave up caring on reading her 100s of skills she gets so i'm like sure why not have that skill why wouldn't she

but that uh outbrust came out of left field just thinking why does she care so much about a monster when she hasn't once this whole show during her mass monster murdering spree (sure i get oh they clashed and she fought a great rival and hates that it just gave up and is questioning her own struggle for survival) point is it just randomly popped up

despite overall not really loving this first cour and the visuals really didn't help i think it has a chance in going in far more interesting ways with what they have set up so far so refraining from talking to poorly on it till we see the 2nd cour

this is a alright show

You don't need to read or look for that skill, she specifically mentioned getting it for this specific fight on the last episode, right before Araba shows up at the end. And they make a point of showing his red stamina throughout the fight time and time again, Red Stamina goes down on it's own, Sloth just make it go faster.
Mar 27, 2021 2:52 AM
Jan 2021
Yo me he quedado pensando que al final no se lo ha comido y se ha vuelto una lucecita como si fuera otro reencarnado o así...
Mar 27, 2021 4:53 AM
Sep 2020
I love this episode so much that i changed my score for this series to 10 out of 10! Especially that now it's obvious that komuko is the demon lord girl at the end
Mar 27, 2021 4:54 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode! Araba vs Kumoko was fucking hardcore. I can understand why Kumoko would be upset with Araba, she scratched and clawed her way up from the very bottom. She went through a lot just to survive, so life is a pretty important thing for her, she already died once and she don't wanna die again. Yet, Araba can just die satisfied with no regrets, respect to Araba though, he a real g. Finally our little spooder has reached the outside world. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I fucking love the Demon Lord's design, it's so good.

There's going to be a 1 week break before the next episode, fuck. I really want the next episode n o w, but I guess 2 weeks should be enough time for me to get to the part in the light novel where the anime is at right now, already finished the first volume, so 2 weeks should be enough since I'm a slow reader. Really looking forward to the next episode.

Mar 27, 2021 5:05 AM

Jun 2016
i know it !! since watched eps 1 this series will getting good and good !!
i still remembered when this series just have score 6,5
Mar 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Feb 2020
The best fight of the season. Great episode.
Mar 27, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2009
ldanes said:
Excellent battle, sloth did it, although I would like to know about %n and those things because I do not understand those things very well.
Well (inserts spoiler tag)

(Spoiler - Minor, can be interpreted from the anime)
Mar 27, 2021 9:37 AM
Feb 2018
swordmaster2551 said:
I was really expecting Araba to be another reborn the way it spent points and such + the way it handled defeat. Or maybe that's a PC from someone given how much of a game this is. I wish they had been able to communicate with each other.

Could actually still be the case, as the teacher said before, some of the reborn people have already died. So, if Kumoko accidentally killed one of the other reincarnated ones, would she notice it? There could only be indications like handling a fight, but without being able to speak with them (we still don't know if she is even able to talk to other species, probably not), she can't distinguish a reborn from a normal person...
Mar 27, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2020
This ep made quiet emotional, I didn't quiet expect to enjoy an isekai like this
Mar 27, 2021 10:32 AM

Aug 2020
This ep made quiet emotional, I didn't quiet expect to enjoy an isekai like this cant wait for the other second half
Mar 27, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2020
A great ep, made me quiet emotional but i will look forward to this shoe because it surprised me
Mar 27, 2021 10:46 AM
Sep 2008
enJ0Yable said:
swordmaster2551 said:

Could actually still be the case, as the teacher said before, some of the reborn people have already died. So, if Kumoko accidentally killed one of the other reincarnated ones, would she notice it? There could only be indications like handling a fight, but without being able to speak with them (we still don't know if she is even able to talk to other species, probably not), she can't distinguish a reborn from a normal person...

Yeah very true, but if they were another reborn, I would have expected a realization on one of their parts and an attempt to communicate like spelling out shit with their magic or such, like using the spikes or flame to spell out some kanji. It's just something I would try if I encountered a monster like me :/
Mar 27, 2021 12:14 PM

Aug 2020
wow , surprisingly i could actually follow the story for once . it was pretty intense i must say , even though it was obvious she was going to win . i kinda wanna google what skills kumo has got , but i fear they might spoil things that she might gain in the future , i really like her demon lord design tho , scary but cute.

still dont know what the fuck is going on the human's world , other than something -something brother of hero somethings.........
Mar 27, 2021 1:08 PM

Sep 2011
That was a decent fight and the music was great along with another 10/10 performance from Aoi but everything is let down again by the dogshit CGI.
Mar 27, 2021 1:32 PM

Jan 2011
AiHikari said:
katsu044 said:

this is a alright show

You don't need to read or look for that skill, she specifically mentioned getting it for this specific fight on the last episode, right before Araba shows up at the end. And they make a point of showing his red stamina throughout the fight time and time again, Red Stamina goes down on it's own, Sloth just make it go faster.
i don't remember that at all nor much of anything from last week since i feel asleep lol
Mar 27, 2021 3:01 PM
Dec 2010
TweedleDane said:
wow , surprisingly i could actually follow the story for once . it was pretty intense i must say , even though it was obvious she was going to win . i kinda wanna google what skills kumo has got , but i fear they might spoil things that she might gain in the future , i really like her demon lord design tho , scary but cute.

still dont know what the fuck is going on the human's world , other than something -something brother of hero somethings.........

You can check the end of Episode 11 completely painlessly. At the end before the jump, Kumoko's full stats for the moment before the battle are shown
Mar 27, 2021 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
TweedleDane said:
thanks , but I kinda want at least a small definition on what each skill is capable of and what their limits are .....

You won't get any of it out of the human part, it's just generic harem protagonist being generic harem protagonist. If Kumuko didn't explain skills in her rants, it isn't explained at all.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Mar 27, 2021 5:35 PM
Jun 2020
beast_regards said:

You won't get any of it out of the human part... If Kumuko didn't explain skills in her rants, it isn't explained at all.

Episode 11: The shield guy explained the nature of the rot attribute while talking about the rot attack that killed the hero
Episodes 9-10: Two different scenes established the way the hero title works and is transmitted. During the Ronandt point of view you also get a glimpse of how appraisal affects the target (this is subtle, you need to pay attention to get it and it will be probably explained again next episode, judging by the PV)
Episode 7: Shun explains the Emperor skill during his fight with Hugo. Elf Sensei demonstrates her Ruler privilege after Kumoko had failed to activate hers (of course this one is just shown, not literally "explained")
Episode 3: The academy teacher explains how the Magic Perception and Magic Operation skills are necessary to use magic; Kumoko was unable to use magic at that point because she didn't know this (later on episode 8 Kumoko explains how she used Wisdom to bypass those skills).
Mar 27, 2021 11:29 PM

Aug 2010
TweedleDane said:
Fairis said:

You can check the end of Episode 11 completely painlessly. At the end before the jump, Kumoko's full stats for the moment before the battle are shown
thanks , but I kinda want at least a small definition on what each skill is capable of and what their limits are .....

You'd need to be careful but it's possible. I can copy all the skills names and whatnot you can look it up individually, you can still stumble on spoilers buut it's way less likely, gonna wrap it up in Spoilers so it doesn't get too big.

Mar 28, 2021 12:05 AM

May 2012
By far the best fight so far
Mar 28, 2021 4:15 AM

Oct 2008
Kumoko was pissed-off because her greatest arch nemesis finally yielded and accepted defeat! cuz normally you would have pleaded in exchange for your survival...that's why Kumoko was pissed-off. Earth dragon still might be the greatest foe she ever fought with!
5/5.

Mar 28, 2021 4:27 AM
Oct 2019
Kumoko Vs Araba
What a Great Fight...
You did good Araba.

Damn they trying to fool us to think that the Demon Lord Girl was Kumoko... Hmmm or is it?

Wait what was that in the ending scene? The orange liquid thing
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

372 by smX89 »»
Sep 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

371 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 15, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2021

278 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 14, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

244 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 12, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

332 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 10, 1:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.