Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2021 11:04 AM

Aug 2020
bear2828 said:
This episode felt really short....

Yeah the 24 minutes went by in a flash.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 14, 2021 11:05 AM

Feb 2021
I like that they continue using the Demon Language as further world building. It is a nice touch that many Isekai don't have where some of the characters ACTUALLY speak a foreign language.

But yes, they skipped A LOT. For example, not meeting with the client before taking on their first mission. It is understandable though, but damn...

This is a good reason why people should read the light novels lol.

WindenMar 14, 2021 11:09 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2021 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
Next ep is final ep right? Hmm.so whats gonna happen? Feels weird to finish it right now.
Mar 14, 2021 11:15 AM

Dec 2010
Like the way of thinking of Ruijerd, remove the bad apple before it become an issue later, the forgiveness versus troublemakers and villains is something i hate in some isekai, where the mc leave alive the asshole and he back later stabbing and killing people precious to mc. For once i'm happy to see this trend broken even if is not the mc but a secondary character.

Anyway good episode, and filled with some Total Recall references. <3
Mar 14, 2021 11:20 AM

Mar 2015
Naren-kun said:
Eris is as Violent as always and Ruijerd was silent in most of the episode.
I just dont like the idea of Rudy being a Chuuby middle aged otaku. Cuz the personality is completely different except the pervertedness.
lol, his personality is pretty much on point.

BetaMaleUltra said:
Ah yes the good old do not kill rule. Didn’t know rudeus held to morals that much, but I feel like that’s gonna bite him back later on.
it's not so much about morals but rather Rudeus is scared of violence. he was pretty shaken when Ghislane chopped off the heads of kidnappers.

bassyey said:
I like how this show just plays the OP along with the main scenes. It saves time and we get more scenes.
well, they try to compress a bunch of stuff into an episode span as it is. probably it's just their time budget is really tight to waste it on proper OP :D

Lamss said:
On a different note, Ruijerd is a straight up savage. Homie decapitated that bug-man with 0 second thoughts.
if he didn't the whole 'supard warrior' about him would feel shallow. imo, that scene should've had a bit more blood
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 14, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
vipergod said:
Next ep is final ep right? Hmm.so whats gonna happen? Feels weird to finish it right now.

Nothing much, since there are still cour 2 in Summer, and Volume 3 (episode 9~11) are mostly for worldbuilding.

Cour 2 is when the drama starts as they make their way through the long way home (repeat, drama, not actions, there will be actions, but don't expect Rudy to beat the World Strongest or anything).
Mar 14, 2021 11:25 AM

Sep 2019
Eris has become a Rudeus simp, I love how she attacks them just because they damaged his gift. It was a really good episode, I liked the new city.
Mar 14, 2021 11:35 AM

Jul 2020
I don't know man, that woman with 3 oppais looked fine lol.
Mar 14, 2021 11:36 AM

Sep 2016
I have to agree with everyone, this episode really felt very fast...and we're already at the second last ep before the pause, before the 2nd cour...
I hope they will announce more cours during the pause and not at the last ep of the summer part 2..
I know they want to do it.

Horse dude is fishy, and every time I see him I can't help but thinking about those horse head masks lol

In any case they choose a very particular stop point for this season, interesting...
bruh
Mar 14, 2021 11:38 AM

Sep 2014
they need to stop with these 5 minute episodes.

Really liking the show so far, Ruijerd seems to have issues and Eris is still violent which I suspect will be a problem in the future especially now that she is actually getting stronger.

Doesnt feel like anything was cut for me so I will just go ahead and declare the cut stuff as not important, especially as it would have likely destroyed the pacing and made the show even slower. Right now it might all go in the wrong direction for the writing (Eris already firmly joined Rudeus harem, everything is going a bit too smooth right now) but I believe the author will manage.

Hopefully this gets more seasons in the future.
Comander-07Mar 14, 2021 11:41 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 14, 2021 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
Yeap, that's the bad guy. I liked the new theme they used as the op. Like there's no time (and it's truth, they don't have) we immediately start with Rudeus Eris and Rujerd becoming adventurous to continue with its journey. The basics of the story still there, but I would like to see more of the part when they found the missing little cat or how they spread out the name of their group. And yes, Rudeus always will be Rudeus.
Last episode will be interesting, can see some drama incoming, can't wait!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 14, 2021 11:51 AM

Feb 2021
Comander-07 said:

Really liking the show so far, Ruijerd seems to have issues and Eris is still violent which I suspect will be a problem in the future especially now that she is actually getting stronger.

Doesnt feel like anything was cut for me so I will just go ahead and declare the cut stuff as not important, especially as it would have likely destroyed the pacing and made the show even slower. Right now it might all go in the wrong direction for the writing (Eris already firmly joined Rudeus harem, everything is going a bit too smooth right now) but I believe the author will manage.

A lot of stuff was cut lol...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2021 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
Winden said:
Comander-07 said:

all of that must have been unimportant bloat to fill the LN lol
Mar 14, 2021 11:55 AM

Apr 2020
Rudy, Eris, and Rujierd has arrived on Raskeria where they will earn some money as they continue their long and treacherous journey. We finally saw one of the clips used in the PV where Eris just slash a whole pack of monster wolves, that is very nice to see. And before they can even enter the city, we have Rujierd colored his hair blue in order to prevent fear and panic as they settle inside.

So this is Mushoku Tensei's version of an Adventurer's Guild, after seeing several renditions of it, I think it's just decent in this anime. Their guildmates DO NOT take them seriously as they're mocked for being named "Dead End", yikes. And their first quest as a team...is to find a lost kitten. What happened in the cave was actually intense. Rudy being pushed again to the moral dilemma of not killing anyone, and reminding to Rujierd that this is not the way to defend themselves and to clear the notoriety of the Superd race. Also R.I.P. Roman, that is yikes.

Eris punching the heck out of Kurt as the button to a gift dress from Rudy got undone, yes folks it is the sign of love. And hey they met some potential friends there with a party that has a weird name I'll put it that. I don't know how they will stop the anime by next episode, since next week will be the last. I can see some people not satisfied by the "ending", because compared to Re:Zero 2's cut, this will be a bit more worse since it will pause at the very middle of an arc. Let's hope that they can do this right.

Lastly, we got a new OP song there, Yuiko Oohara sounds great in these songs.
Mar 14, 2021 11:57 AM

Feb 2021
Comander-07 said:
Winden said:

I wouldn't say it is unimportant. The explanation on how the adventurer guilds work was interesting worldbuilding and what happened between their journey from Roxy's town to Rikarisu was character development.
Mar 14, 2021 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
ooh this was pretty interesting, new city and stuff with the adventure guild is cool and cant wait to see how this develops, some nice drama here with the super guy too...
Mar 14, 2021 12:12 PM

Jul 2020
I like Rudeus badass hairstyle he had for a brief moment

When Eris stood up for Rudeus against Ruijerd felt really admiring, soo good!
Even though she has her intense violent moments, It was because she cares so much about the gift(cloak) and that was in a way, really adorable.

Also, the elf was quite interesting. Are we bound to see more of these unique characters in the upcoming episodes, hope so ^^
PoXonnMar 14, 2021 12:26 PM
Mar 14, 2021 12:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
HikarusukeV3 said:
I don't know man, that woman with 3 oppais looked fine lol.

LOL, yeah I hadn't seen that since the original Total Recall.

Eris has come full circle and is now so completely in team Rudeus that it almost beggars belief. She trusts implicitly in him. She could still work on her temper issues though. And I do hope Horseface gets punched in the face hard before this is over.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 14, 2021 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting episode.

Feels more and more like your standard Isekai with an adventurer guild and stuff. That Guild girl with the 3 oppai though. Rudy's face said it all and honestly, I would be the same.

Eris' behaviour was a bit questionable this episode if you ask me, she can be really cute and adorable, but damn. She needs some anger management. Especially when she kicked that demon in the Inn.

Ruijerd sure doesn't hesitate to kill if he views someone as evil. Damn, stirred up quite the conflict with Rudy (and PTSD with that decapitated head)

Only 1 episode left... Honestly, second half can't come soon enough. Curious to see where this will end. I am expecting a massive cliffhanger.
Mar 14, 2021 12:23 PM

Jun 2019
Tensions seem to be rising in the group with Ruijerd looking more of a ruthless loose cannon and Rudeus wanting nobody to get killed. Things can get real messy really quickly if things continue in this direction.

I really liked how different the city looked. It actually looked like it belonged in a fantasy world and wasn’t just “medieval europe”.
Mar 14, 2021 12:24 PM

Jan 2015
Eris is growing a lot on me. Truly a great character. She had an awesome development, unlike the rest of the charas
Mar 14, 2021 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
I feel bad for the poor demon that Eris attacked, looking forward to see how much death end's reputation will improve with their plan
Pretty nice episode, this show gets really good when they leave all that pedo shit aside and focus on the world-building and characters
Mar 14, 2021 12:41 PM

May 2017
I don't like that God character. It really doesn't fit in very well and seems cartoonish. The rest of the show is fairly realistic and I'm able to take it seriously. But those parts I just can't. As of right now, they seem unnecessary and should have been cut instead of history and worldbuilding. I'm also starting to miss Rudeus being a pervert as it seems to have toned down a lot.
Mar 14, 2021 12:43 PM

Mar 2017
This episode started out so fun and lighthearted but it got real intense at the end! It's assumed that Rudeus and Ruijerd are on the same page after making that deal with each other but they most definitely are not; Ruijerd is projecting his self-hatred on other people who hurt children after what he did to his son which is so sad because it wasn't his fault.
Kitty-KateMar 14, 2021 12:48 PM
Mar 14, 2021 12:46 PM

Jan 2021
Stealth46 said:
I don't like that God character. It really doesn't fit in very well and seems cartoonish. The rest of the show is fairly realistic and I'm able to take it seriously. But those parts I just can't. As of right now, they seem unnecessary and should have been cut instead of history and worldbuilding. I'm also starting to miss Rudeus being a pervert as it seems to have toned down a lot.

Hitogami literally can't be cut out. As weird as he looks, he is supposed to be like that.
Mar 14, 2021 1:08 PM

Apr 2020
Man, I can see why people are scared of Ruijard now.
I am looking forward to the final episode, I wonder what it gonna be.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 14, 2021 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
Is it just me or the animation sucked this episode?
Story-wise it was entertaining enough to surprise me how fast it ended.
Mar 14, 2021 1:10 PM

Feb 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

Ruijerd's body was out of proportion during that one scene.
Mar 14, 2021 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
Winden said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

camera movement - when they looked at the mountains from the cliff. character movement animation. It looked cheap.
Mar 14, 2021 1:14 PM

Nov 2014
Hmm I didn't like this episode. Idk why, it was just boring for me. We had the usual cliches but without that special flavour that makes Mushoku great.
Mar 14, 2021 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
Winden said:
Comander-07 said:

I wouldn't say it is unimportant. The explanation on how the adventurer guilds work was interesting worldbuilding and what happened between their journey from Roxy's town to Rikarisu was character development.
I dont miss any of it and that was the point of my original comment. You have seen isekai before, you likely know how this guild works. Nothing really major, its a great anime so far.
Mar 14, 2021 1:21 PM

Feb 2021
Comander-07 said:
Winden said:

I dont miss any of it and that was the point of my original comment. You have seen isekai before, you likely know how this guild works. Nothing really major, its a great anime so far.

Rudy comments why there is a lack of books in the MT world when there is a certain technology that the guild uses the adventure cards. It is just these tidbits that are neat for worldbuilding.

Mar 14, 2021 1:21 PM
Jan 2019
I found it weird that we had a new op with 2eps left in this season. This series can easily become one of my favourites. The world building is insane and when you voice a whole other language, just shows the passion. They didn't need to make a whole new language yet they did. I wonder if the studio will make a whole different sounding language when we approach new languages in later parts.
Mar 14, 2021 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Panzer92 said:
Hmm I didn't like this episode. Idk why, it was just boring for me. We had the usual cliches but without that special flavour that makes Mushoku great.

This episode and the previous adapts volume 3 of the novel, it's the weakest volumes and will be adapted to 3 episode compared to the previous 4 episode per volume.
There's not much stuff happening at this volume and it's understandable if people thought it as boring.
Mar 14, 2021 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
katie_potaty said:
This episode started out so fun and lighthearted but it got real intense at the end! It's assumed that Rudeus and Ruijerd are on the same page after making that deal with each other but they most definitely are not; Ruijerd is projecting his self-hatred on other people who hurt children after what he did to his son which is so sad because it wasn't his fault.

That's an interesting take, I never thought it that way and I always assume Rujierd did that because he's living with a black and white moral values.
Mar 14, 2021 1:40 PM

Aug 2019
damn Rujierd gave no fucks when he decapitated that dude
Mar 14, 2021 2:05 PM

Dec 2014
Felt short. Need more Mt.
Mar 14, 2021 2:19 PM
Nov 2020
That "disguise" was pissing me off, no way that would work. If it were so easy to die your hair blue people would be more cautious and other Superds would surely do the same. They said that security was tighter than normal, but then they get by just because his hair is a different color? He still looks the same. That disguise wouldn't work, not even by a millimetre
Mar 14, 2021 2:20 PM

Feb 2021
EpIcChEeSeMaN said:
That "disguise" was pissing me off, no way that would work. If it were so easy to die your hair blue people would be more cautious and other Superds would surely do the same. They said that security was tighter than normal, but then they get by just because his hair is a different color? He still looks the same. That disguise wouldn't work, not even by a millimetre

What about shaving your head and wearing a headband?
Mar 14, 2021 2:22 PM
Nov 2020
Winden said:
EpIcChEeSeMaN said:

What about shaving your head and wearing a headband?
Yeah, that would also work i guess haha
And it would be a much more convincing disguise too
Mar 14, 2021 2:32 PM

Apr 2020
So I'm not going to ask for spoilers, but since next week's episode is the end of season 1 will it end the season cleanly or on some sort of cliffhanger or a random ending? I'm curious since season 2 is supposed to air in July.
Mar 14, 2021 2:45 PM
Nov 2019
In the LN Rudy made a helmet that covered Rujierd's third eye and told the guards that it was stuck on his head and they needed to find someone to remove it.

Lots of little bit's omitted like in the guild they explained that once registered their adventurers cards are recognised worldwide and their rankings are linked to the cards, plus the registration process and how it marked the cards with their actual species age etc...

Also that the ruin in the middle was the "Demon castle" and the lights were some mineral in the rock walls surrounding the city that stored the light during the day and emitted it at night (like a solar lamp).

So Rudy's presumably going to get the C-Rank guys to get them jobs (making them do their F-Rank ones) so they can earn cash quicker and presumably level-up themselves.

Good episode though even if some of the artwork was a bit iffy in places, one more to go this cour..

Mar 14, 2021 2:54 PM

Dec 2015
Kudos to the studio and VA for creating gibberish and make them sound legit. That's some serious dedication.
Mar 14, 2021 3:02 PM
Dec 2016
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Winden said:

camera movement - when they looked at the mountains from the cliff. character movement animation. It looked cheap.

Yeah, it still looked good overall, but there were cuts that were noticeable if you have an eye for it. It was at least better than what happened in episode 4. I'm assuming they didn't dedicate as much time to this one as it wasn't action heavy or anything. I do hope we end with a bang in terms of production values in the next's episode.
Mar 14, 2021 3:06 PM
Dec 2018
This is turning out to be a great show.

The clash of ideals was quite tense, they need to keep that guy under control.

Eris has quickly become best girl for me. She was a spoiled brat but has adjusted to her circumstances really well, without complaining, and her admiration of Rudy isn't even hidden now. She's fiery, but once you get her respect she looks like somewho is incredibly loyal and supportive. The show has done a great job developing her character in such a short time without it looking fake.
Mar 14, 2021 3:11 PM

Sep 2014
Winden said:
Comander-07 said:

Rudy comments why there is a lack of books in the MT world when there is a certain technology that the guild uses the adventure cards. It is just these tidbits that are neat for worldbuilding.

so nothing important, I think it was the right call to cut it. Pacing is already pretty slow
Mar 14, 2021 3:13 PM

Feb 2021
Comander-07 said:
Winden said:

so nothing important, I think it was the right call to cut it. Pacing is already pretty slow

Nothing TOO important. I would say it would be better to read the light novels to compliment the series. It is understandable why they have to cut content. I like to think the anime is used to market the LN, so if you want to know more of the worldbuilding, it is better to read the LN.
Mar 14, 2021 3:23 PM

Nov 2014
I like how in a single episode, this already executed the "adventurer guild" trope better than most series i have seen of the kind so far.

By the way, is there only one episode left? i wonder how will they wrap up things next episode...
error5000Mar 15, 2021 6:17 PM
Mar 14, 2021 3:24 PM

Sep 2014
Winden said:
Comander-07 said:

Nothing TOO important. I would say it would be better to read the light novels to compliment the series. It is understandable why they have to cut content. I like to think the anime is used to market the LN, so if you want to know more of the worldbuilding, it is better to read the LN.
The anime is way better than all the shows which actually just advertise for the LN
Mar 14, 2021 3:25 PM

Sep 2020
It was cute to see how Eris has warmed up to Rudy both beating the crap out of the adventures who broke the coat Rudy bought her and when Ruijerd had a different thought process as Rudy, Eris went and tried to knock some sense into him even if her normal brutal punches and kicks looked as if a toddler was playing with her dad.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

298 by Kkkkkkazu »»
Jun 2, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by PEEWEEjames »»
May 24, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.