Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 11, 2021 10:33 PM
Aug 2020
Collins89 said:
sweetmatsuu said:

——

Hm, interesting. I have a 4.0 in one of the best OHS schools in the United States. Yet, you have the act to tell me I have a ‘pea sized brain’ based on simply one of my fictional opinions I stated publicly. Though I do appreciate the memes; just because I have a different opinion doesn’t mean you need to go clowning on me.

I can backup my opinion on why I like all of the quintuplets if you’d like.

Nah I'm good dude, I can see how Harem ending would be cool. And I'd be fine with that.

Also I thought between the way I wrote my words and the memes and stuff, that you'd see it was just a light-hearted statement made in jest.
I do forget tone and intent is hard to show in text format....so my apologies for any offense I caused you.

——
Hey no worries man, it must’ve just been a misunderstanding and I’m glad you weren’t trying to do anything harsh on purpose. We are both fans of the anime and that’s that; so my apologies to you as well if I came off too stuck-up. :)
真通
Feb 11, 2021 10:41 PM

May 2011
asapabri said:

You need 30 to pass a class...150/500 is the most lowest you can possibly get and still pass

Even so that just means they passed the "final exam" though right? What happened to the entire year they've been flunking? Like I said, if you compute their average grade for the "entire school year" then that's a fail. You know unless in Japan you can flunk the entire year and just "pass the final exam" and still be able to move up a grade which is well... a very bad system if you ask me.
Feb 11, 2021 11:21 PM
Feb 2021
ICHIKA BEST GIRLL🥰
Feb 12, 2021 12:42 AM

Mar 2014
Glad all the girls have passed the exams, but I didn't think that Ichika would be the best.
Anyway, we had more Yotsuba in this episode and I'm happy with it. I'm waiting for more Nino in the next episode, though.
Feb 12, 2021 12:57 AM
Jun 2014
TheColonel76 said:

Funny you say this, although Ichika isn’t quite my best girl (it’s still Miku as of now lol) she’s a very close 2nd, but I’ve heard about this thing with Ichika and I’ve always said I’ll find a way to defend her lol.

The TL;DR version is that the author admittedly didn't prepare for the event to happen, he only thought it out along the way and the contradictions, nonsenses just show tragically. With fast pacing in the anime, it's even worse.

Feb 12, 2021 1:23 AM

Apr 2014
Congratulations to all the girls. Finally, they all passed the final exams.
All of the best things in this episode is Miku. She is sooooo cute. Just watching Miku blushing all over the entire episdoe is enough.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 12, 2021 1:35 AM
Jul 2020
Yotsuba and Miku are definitely S tier waifus
Feb 12, 2021 1:47 AM

Apr 2020
ImmortalZero said:
asapabri said:

You need 30 to pass a class...150/500 is the most lowest you can possibly get and still pass

Even so that just means they passed the "final exam" though right? What happened to the entire year they've been flunking? Like I said, if you compute their average grade for the "entire school year" then that's a fail. You know unless in Japan you can flunk the entire year and just "pass the final exam" and still be able to move up a grade which is well... a very bad system if you ask me.
Obviously this just for sake of the anime...if you want to pass a class/exam in Japan you need 50% and in some places even 60%...and also, regarding the exams beforehand, they were midterm exams (in trimester format ofc)...here atleast I don't know if they are just a test for yourself in rl too or was just changed to that in the anime just like the necessary passing grade

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Feb 12, 2021 2:02 AM

Jun 2019
Loved the episode. Their mother was beautiful just like them. Again, everyone did their best in the exams, and everyone passed. Looks like Ichika scored the highest. Also, Miku and Ichika are competing for Uesugi, seems that way. But, great episode.
Feb 12, 2021 2:19 AM

Sep 2019
Everyone got some screen time in this episode. Miku was really cute, it's sad how she told Ichika that she's going to confess when she gets the highest score but Ichika ended up being the first.

Nino passed the exam, as expected from the best girl.
z00nexFeb 12, 2021 2:23 AM
Feb 12, 2021 3:44 AM

May 2018
Congratulations to all the girls, passing their exams. Looking at the end, it looks like its Nino turn to shine. I wonder why she did not turn up and only passing her exam results.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Feb 12, 2021 4:53 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting. I might be misremembering, but I swear this reveal of the exact circumstances behind the girls' failure and transfer to Uesugi's school didn't come until right near the end of the manga. If I am remembering right, it's a very interesting and probably quite wise decision to move that here and give Yotsuba both more focus and more significance as a character, when up to this point in the anime she's almost been a non-entity compared to the other Quints. EDIT: Nope, that backstory did come here rather than later, so I must be conflating it with something else entirely.

That aside, while the pacing certainly suffers for it, mixing the 5 pre-exam chapters together was an astute decision, as pacing all 5 like the manga would've gone to the other extreme and slowed things down to an absolute crawl. The school's grading system is definitely much too lenient to let them earn passing grades below 50, but that keeps the plot going I suppose. As does Ichika getting the highest exam score, just to stall Miku's confession and keep the plot going.

And now we approach the point where one of Negi's most egregious writing flaws begins to emerge, in terms of how he handles Ichika's character for the rest of the season. I can see her being less popular than Nino for anime-onlies once the dust settles.
AtavisticFeb 12, 2021 5:18 AM
Feb 12, 2021 4:59 AM

Oct 2013
Something something good episode

But deep down it's all just filler, preparing us for NEXT EPISODE LET'S GO BOYS
Feb 12, 2021 5:33 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
SogiitaGunha said:
TheColonel76 said:

Funny you say this, although Ichika isn’t quite my best girl (it’s still Miku as of now lol) she’s a very close 2nd, but I’ve heard about this thing with Ichika and I’ve always said I’ll find a way to defend her lol.

The TL;DR version is that the author admittedly didn't prepare for the event to happen, he only thought it out along the way and the contradictions, nonsenses just show tragically. With fast pacing in the anime, it's even worse.

Understandable, but I’m still gonna try lol.
Feb 12, 2021 6:55 AM
Jan 2020
Good job to all the girls. I am glad to see that they pulled through and passed the exams. Yotsuba was hard working and seeing their efforts was motivating. Same goes to Futaro, he has done very well teaching the girls.
Feb 12, 2021 7:10 AM
Apr 2019
Next episode will be interest as it will be
. Regardless, all of them are best girls for me.
Feb 12, 2021 7:59 AM

Mar 2019
Wow what a smug look of ichika (240).... ^o^
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Feb 12, 2021 8:11 AM

May 2018
Ichika is just too good! :O she even has to work as well, wow
Feb 12, 2021 8:16 AM
Dec 2019
They all are best girls. And with this episode the waifu wars commence
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Feb 12, 2021 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode as usual only thing I really dislike about the Manga being done and reading some spoilers.

Feb 12, 2021 10:06 AM

Sep 2018
Holy shit, this adaptation is going much faster than I was expecting. I can't wait for next episode! Chapters 59 & 60 are almost upon us, Kyaaaaaaa!!! *excited fangirl noises*

#NinoGang
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Feb 12, 2021 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
sweetmatsuu said:
Collins89 said:

Nah I'm good dude, I can see how Harem ending would be cool. And I'd be fine with that.

Also I thought between the way I wrote my words and the memes and stuff, that you'd see it was just a light-hearted statement made in jest.
I do forget tone and intent is hard to show in text format....so my apologies for any offense I caused you.

——
Hey no worries man, it must’ve just been a misunderstanding and I’m glad you weren’t trying to do anything harsh on purpose. We are both fans of the anime and that’s that; so my apologies to you as well if I came off too stuck-up. :)

hahaha! No worries man, I completely saw where what I wrote could be confused with me acting like a dick.
Yeah the 4.0 flex was hitting below the belt!
Nah jk, we all good. Anime fans shouldn't fight.

Yeah I had some douchebaguette a couple days ago come at me for something I wrote so we had to verbally throw hands. So I know how some people are just looking to troll.
Feb 12, 2021 11:13 AM
Aug 2016
TheColonel76 said:
SogiitaGunha said:

Understandable, but I’m still gonna try lol.

KanameYuuki said:
Great episode as usual only thing I really dislike about the Manga being done and reading some spoilers.

ClickBaitBusterFeb 12, 2021 11:23 AM
Feb 12, 2021 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
ClickBaitBuster said:

Feb 12, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
Another episode of glorious Miku expressions.

Although Ichika is also putting up a damn good fight, even beating Miku in her own game. Good for her.

It was nice to see that Yotsuba finally succeeded in studies and found something that she excels in.
Feb 12, 2021 1:47 PM
Aug 2016
KanameYuuki said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

You're welcome my dude, always happy to help a fellow Ichika fan :)
Feb 12, 2021 2:18 PM
Jan 2021
People are hating on Yotsuba even though she supports fuutarou from the beginning. I'm Definitely team Yotsuba or Miku, those two always tried their best no matter what. Even if they fail they'll continue to try again and again until they succeed.

Both were also at a disadvantage from the beginning with Yotsuba being lowest in terms of intelligence(there's even a huge margin between her and the rest of the quints), Miku's listless personality because of others more overpowered personality and her cooking was really awful as well. The three also had their problem, but they didn't try to overcome theirs if not for the support of the quints and fuutarou. Also the three has an advantage from the beginning, with Ichika being probably the most talented in almost everything(she is one of the nicest quints though. (if not the same) almost at the same level as Yotsuba. Probably why she was one of the best contender but only for now), Nino's amazing cooking skill, And Itsuki's very likeable/good communication ability.

It's also nice that Fuutarou recognizes each quints effort to overcome their disadvantage.
Hot_Green_TeaFeb 12, 2021 2:35 PM
Feb 12, 2021 2:22 PM
Jan 2021
Miku failed again in this episode because she was too focused on making the best chocolate to Fuutarou and gave Ichika time to catch up and beat her because of it, but she still succeed in one of her objectives which is nice. It's also nice seeing Ichika's effort from episode 5 paid off.
Feb 12, 2021 3:35 PM

May 2016
Damn, this was by long shot the best episode so far, enjoyed every second of it.

Also really happy for all of them that they passed and can finally move on.
Feb 12, 2021 6:48 PM

Jun 2020
Best episode so far, the girls managed to all pass the exam which is fairly good development considering the first episode where they were scatter all over the place like Pokémon creatures.

Also, their mother died on August 14. Rest in peace.
Feb 12, 2021 7:59 PM
Sep 2019
Characters in these anime are in love, but because of fate, family loyalties, timing, or other reasons, their relationship seems doomed to fail.
Feb 12, 2021 8:41 PM

Aug 2018
All the manga readers be waiting for the motorcycle scene.
It's coming
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Feb 12, 2021 8:49 PM

Aug 2020
It's OK just wait again another week.

Feb 12, 2021 9:09 PM

Oct 2016
I think they did a pretty good job condensing the last exam arc in a single episode, it might feel fast as fuck but it was still a fantastic episode. We Re: Zero now bois, who needs an OP and an ED.

Let's fucking go, next episode finna make me nut lmao. My most favorite moment in the manga will come next episode. Give me episode 7 now please.
Feb 12, 2021 10:12 PM

Aug 2019
wholesome ass episode, as we nearer to valentines day, this episode felt very appropriate for the occasion with the amount of chocolate Uesugi was fed, but also the ever nearing exam date. Finally given a proper look at the quintuplets mother and, yeh understandable. You can definitely pick out some similarities from their mother ngl, but the whole family's been animated which is a nice plus.

Nino and Miku's interactions with each other, have quickly become a personal favourite, although they can be rowdy with one another and are almost complete opposites in terms of hobbies and interests, when they find something they can both work on, it turns out well and extremely cute.
Ichika coming in hot this episode, they are really fuelling the flames for her ship these past few episodes. Not that i'm complaining, she is definitely best girl in her own way, and i quite liked her screen time this episode, her being big sister to the other girls, then her getting big feels when with Uesugi.
Yotsuba getting the motivation she needs was great, poor girl trying her best to keep up with the rest of the girls but she feels like she's dead weight. Uesugi's reassurance and idea of each girl teaching the other on subjects that they're dominant at was a good idea.

Underneath all that heart-warming joy, was the inevitable prep and arrival of finals, which ngl gave me more first hand PTSD then i want to admit. Luckily all the girls made it through, with Ichicka topping them all and giving Miku a run for her money. The after party is definitely due, but ah yes, Nino the almost lone wolf of the pack going her own way, but surely she would of thought that a specific someone would go to retrieve her?
Feb 12, 2021 10:15 PM

Jul 2016
Why do I have the feeling that Ichika will backstab some of her sisters in order to win Fuutarou over? Honestly hope she isn't the "all's fair in love and war" kind of girl.

Well, of course they would pass the exams. Still curious how those scores qualify as passing ones tho. Like "how permissive their school actually is?"
And yeah, of course Ichika would get the highest score so that Miku's confession won't happen in the meantime. Guess this settles the war between sisters as official.
Feb 12, 2021 10:52 PM

Apr 2020
And after all the fanservice, sweet moments, and an inspirational scene, ALL THE GIRLS HAD PASSED THE TEST. And in a surprise moment, Ichika beats Miku in the quintuplets, proving that Ichika is serious about their fight for Futaro. Nino though is absent, and so our boi is going to look for her (again).

"You're number one", damn Miku thought that she's going to be THE ONE in Futaro's eyes. But he said that to her because she's always number one out of the five. Not gonna lie they got us in the first half.
Feb 13, 2021 1:55 AM

Oct 2008
oh nice! the five girls all passed!
i wonder how Ichika & Miku will tell about how they feel to Uesugi...
4/5.

Feb 13, 2021 11:01 AM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, they all passed! I knew the waifus could do it!~ It kinda blows that Miku didn't get the highest score. We would've gotten a confession scene, I would've liked to see how that would've turned out!
Feb 13, 2021 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
I'm willing to bet that Ichika would be into a bit of assplay, Nino too.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Feb 13, 2021 4:02 PM

Mar 2017
It's a fact that teaching something is actually one of the most effective ways of learning and it looks like it worked for the Nakano sisters!

Judging by Ichika's grade I guess she's seriously challenging Miku for Futaro... things are gonna get tenser and tenser as the girls realize their feelings for him!
Feb 13, 2021 7:09 PM

Jan 2008
No OP or ED this episode, huh. Things are getting serious.
Feb 13, 2021 7:44 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe it finally happened, they passed! And in the best way ever, with them teaching also each other.
Miku is indeed stepping beyond for Futarou, especially when compared to other girls, but Ichika isn't giving up 240! checkmate xD

Now that the studying problem is gone, i guess it's time for the final arc, even tho i have my favorites it still feels sad that only one of them will get them, idk how this family will survive xD I see this going 2 ways, they live together and they all are "married" to him, thus the harem late ending or one of them will stop seeing her other sisters so that they won't feel bad for Fuutarou not choosing them xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 13, 2021 11:38 PM

Apr 2013
I hate how they're pretty much rushing through the material, man. Taking all the impact out of the scenes. Season 1 may have seemed thrown together but it at least did a lot of the heavy scenes justice in a way.

Sad part is I've been looking forward to seeing 59 animated for a minute, but if the second season so far is any indicator I have a bad feeling about it.
Feb 14, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2020
Robstersgaming said:
This episode felt very rushed and badly paced compared to the rest of the series anyone else feeling this way?

Yes yes yes, I pointed it out before, but it seems almost nobody feels this way
Feb 14, 2021 10:32 AM

Mar 2010
So the anime ends now right? lolz i guess now all that left is drama in the anus.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 14, 2021 12:00 PM

May 2020
Funny how this episode came out very close to valentine day
overall good episode
Feb 14, 2021 10:21 PM
Oct 2020
I cant believe I’m already caught up. Pain.... guess I’ll read the manga

Feb 15, 2021 4:56 AM
Oct 2019
I loved the Menacing lol, another Jojo Reference

Damn Nakano Mom 😍

Unfortunately Miku didn't get the highest score... But still Best Girl Miku
davidyodo24Feb 15, 2021 5:31 AM
Feb 15, 2021 8:48 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was soo cute!!!

Ichika fantasizing herself with Fuutaro!!
Nino teaching Miku how to make chocolates!!
And Yotsuba.....damn she was the cutest one in this episode!!!

Ichika getting the highest marks was unexpected!!

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

200 by patkarunungan »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

189 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

189 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 5:48 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Feb 18, 2021

171 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 5:13 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Feb 4, 2021

101 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 22, 4:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.