Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2020 2:14 PM

Dec 2019
Mappa’s doing an amazing job with this adaptation for animation, this really does hope to be one of the best shonen series.

I don't have too many complaints about this series but the second half of the episode really was just missing something
DreamxerOct 30, 2020 2:48 PM

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Oct 30, 2020 2:21 PM

Oct 2011
The animation in this show never ceases to amaze me.
Also, Maki and Panda-senpai are finally here! And the bad guys were introduced as well. Great episode as always. Looking forward to the next one!
Oct 30, 2020 2:25 PM

Aug 2018
This show would really benefit from explaining its power system instead of making up shit is it goes along
_______I like rocks__
Oct 30, 2020 2:52 PM
Dec 2019
Supercuecaaa said:
Panda

Panda best girl/boi confirmed
Oct 30, 2020 2:53 PM

Apr 2016
This one was pretty boring, honestly.
Oct 30, 2020 2:56 PM
Jan 2020
Atlos said:
This show would really benefit from explaining its power system instead of making up shit is it goes along

Well, do you really expect everything to be given on a silver platter? I know as a manga reader that explaining techniques and battle system later in the story makes a greater impact than if it happens rn.
Oct 30, 2020 3:00 PM

Aug 2018
jerryjoonie said:
Atlos said:

Well, do you really expect everything to be given on a silver platter? I know as a manga reader that explaining techniques and battle system later in the story makes a greater impact than if it happens rn.
Yeah but it would be nice if they did that earlier rather than later
_______I like rocks__
Oct 30, 2020 3:04 PM
Jan 2020
Also

Now everyone knows why the choice to send first years into cursed womb's nest was strange, because heck YEAH it was intentional and planned by higher ups
Oct 30, 2020 3:10 PM

Mar 2020
The fight between Megumi and Sukuna was really well animated.

We get to see the SeNPaI's now introducing Maki Zenin, Inumaki Toge and Panda...very nice. Seems like the first year team that has been brought down to two will now try to get stronger in order because of Yuuji...R.I.P Yuuji.

Great episode :)
Oct 30, 2020 3:13 PM

Aug 2019
Atlos said:
Yeah but it would be nice if they did that earlier rather than later

According to the number of chapters adapted, the Next 2 episodes explain the power system
Oct 30, 2020 3:16 PM

Feb 2015
Hm, I dunno - this might be the first episode I didn't really like.
The animation and visuals were great (as always) and the second years seem cool too, but I always hate protagonist fake out deaths - it's so cliche and even before the new evil dude tried to make it a big twist, it was so obvious that Itadori wouldn't just die like that.
Ehh, anyway, let's see where this is going. It's still a great show overall :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 30, 2020 3:21 PM
Mar 2020
I dunno. Am I the only one who finds the blend of dark action with slapstick pretty freaking jarring? robs the serious scenes of all profoundnes and complety misses the mood in wich jokes could be funny.
Oct 30, 2020 3:25 PM

May 2010
This adaptation's been ok so far but this ep in particular was so boring I almost fell asleep
Oct 30, 2020 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
Satoru is targeted. I'm honestly already pumped for when he's finally going ham.

Was a really cool episode as usual. Liked the introduction of the second years the most lol.
He's going ham next episode normally. And believe me, he's gonna go HAM HAM
Oct 30, 2020 3:29 PM

Jul 2017
oh so the panda dude was actually.....a panda lol. Also seems like there was an explanation for sending the first years to deal with the issue.

That fight against Sukuna though, went through all those buildings and shit yet only looks like he got a scratch, peak shounen right there lmao
Oct 30, 2020 3:37 PM

Jun 2020
The animation is really amazing on Fushiguro vs Sukuna, and PANDA IS FINALLY HERE, as well as the real best girl and Inukami.

Ok they just introduce the main villain of this show and that's gonna be amazing not only that at the preview we saw Gojou-sensei fighting and that's gonna be lit I hope MAPPA is gonna make a really amazing animation.
Oct 30, 2020 4:09 PM
Jan 2020
I actually like implications made in this episode, namely:

1) Fushiguro is extremely talented and potentially OP, because Sukuna recognized the threat right before Megumi could fully unleash the technique.

2) Satoru Gojou is an essential pillar of sorcerer's world, so essential that only w/o him could curses win the war against humans. And they say to "render him incapable of fighting", not even killing, since the latter option is believed to be impossible.

As I said earlier, the power level, battle skills don't need be spelled out. They're IMPLIED or to be explained later (ex. Demon Dogs and other shikigamis - for past episodes, it's clearly shown that they're summoned from shadows and that the destroyed ones can't come back, and every watcher/reader subconsciously gets that but you don't really get the explanation until now).
Oct 30, 2020 4:12 PM

Mar 2020
Sukuna found a way to screw Itadori.
Will Gojou leave things like that? apparently Itadori's death was expected by the superiors.
And is Panda a panda.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Oct 30, 2020 4:13 PM
Jan 2020
Short_Circut said:
oh so the panda dude was actually.....a panda lol. Also seems like there was an explanation for sending the first years to deal with the issue.

That fight against Sukuna though, went through all those buildings and shit yet only looks like he got a scratch, peak shounen right there lmao

It was earlier in thread, but in manga Megumi was thrown only though one building with Nue softening the blow. Anime is surely trying to make it look more action-y))
Oct 30, 2020 4:15 PM
May 2020
Another amazing episode. Fushiguro vs Sukuna was so cool. Thought it was gonna pull a talentless nana move but thank got Yuuji might be alive. Super hype panda and the other 2nd years got introduced. Can't wait for next ep!
Oct 30, 2020 4:16 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
WOW DONT GO SLEEPING ON THIS SERIES, STRAIGHT FIRE 🔥

Oct 30, 2020 4:18 PM
Aug 2019
Roch2001 said:
Well, not 100% sure what the dude did to suppress Sukuna other than potentially, if I understand the conversation was give up some of his life. Which wouldn't surprise me giving how wild some of this Jujutsu stuff is going down. Plenty interesting politics as well it seems. I almost missed the after credits scence cause the ending freaks me out. Theres something not quite right about that dude moving about semi dancing. I guess its similar to people having an irrational fear of clowns. I digress.

Next week please!

Itadori got control back like usual, it's just that it was a little more difficult this time (I'm assuming the more he relies on Sukuna's power, the harder it is to gain control). The only reason he didn't go back immediately was because once Sukuna took out the heart, swapping back would mean death for Itadori. That's why he's currently "dead."
I_am_sad_manOct 30, 2020 4:23 PM
Oct 30, 2020 4:19 PM

Nov 2016
omar_el_azzouzi said:
FMmatron said:
Satoru is targeted. I'm honestly already pumped for when he's finally going ham.

Was a really cool episode as usual. Liked the introduction of the second years the most lol.
He's going ham next episode normally. And believe me, he's gonna go HAM HAM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2020 4:22 PM
Aug 2019
Pretty good episode. It's slowly getting better progressively. The anime adaption is so much better than the manga counterparts here. The pacing was way too fast in the manga and it felt like something was missing, but the anime kinda slowed pacing down and made the Itadori swapping back scene more impactful.

I_am_sad_manOct 30, 2020 8:25 PM
Oct 30, 2020 4:24 PM

Jun 2019
Good episode. I wasn’t expecting the switch-up where the MC “dies”.
coming up. Should be fun.

spoiler tag added
CareBearOct 31, 2020 10:09 PM
Oct 30, 2020 4:28 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Sukuna goes on a mini rampage and allows himself to do self inflicting damage to Itadori's body by ripping his heart out. Fushiguro tried to stop Sukuna, but he didn't stand a chance after Sukuna consumed another one of his fingers. Itadori finally came back, but died because he still had a gaping hole in his chest. We finally see some new characters including a panda.
Oct 30, 2020 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
OP Panda kitaaaa... I have been waiting. :) Was it really just me who was like there is no way they can kill of the main character in episode 5... No surprise there really. But an interesting episode nonetheless. And that guy that can only talk in onigiri fillings made me crack up every time. xD
Oct 30, 2020 4:52 PM
Jan 2020
*Big Brain time*

Many seem snobby about the fact that Itadori doesn't actually "die", as if people knew that of-fucking-course MC won't die so soon because they've already seen that shit many times in anime and manga. But imho, they miss the point of such "deaths" (in this particular case, at least).

First, Itadori's view on sacrificing himself and his thoughts before doing that. He's happy about Fushiguro's ideals, proud of him even. And this sacrifice is not the one Itadori'd thought about, not the one after already absorbing 20 fingers of Sukuna. It's sudden and he had to make a quick, sad decision. Showcases his caring and almost suicidal character a lot.

Second, the impact on his companions and teacher. Megumi and Nobara liked Yuuji and are actually saddened about his death. They fire up before training for tournaments because that's sth they will be doing for Yuuji and his last words ("Live long"). Gojou deems Yuuji as "a precious student" too and even thinks it'd worth it to kill higher-ups.

Third, the consequences. LMAO do you really think it'd be easy for Itadori to be revived?? Logically speaking, no, lol. Sukuna mentioned the concept of "pacts" in the beginning, and we may guess what could be forced on Yuuji to be brought back to life.

So yeah. I personally really loved this idea while reading the manga, and it didn't irk me that Yuuji could live again because I noticed the points of his "death".
Oct 30, 2020 4:54 PM

Feb 2011
PhantomTom said:
Cool, the "popular thing = bad" guys have already started going after this show. Epic.

Anyway, the anime has some pretty great production values. The story isn't anything mindblowing, but it's a Jump series. I'm not expecting it to reinvent the wheel. Great so far.

Yeah, the show is a pretty honest shounen.

Mod edit: Removed baiting.
KuuroNov 3, 2020 3:09 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 30, 2020 4:56 PM

Oct 2020
Ha! Called it right away he's not gonna actually die. They're just pulling an AOT on us! Also, loved the Smash Bros. reference. This anime still doesn't disappoint and I see that manga readers say it's gonna get better and better. The scene with the demons discussing with each other was particularly intriguing, nice to see them have some sort of organization as well and not just attacking the world sporadically. Should make the plot more interesting from now on.

And Panda is Panda from Tekken confirmed, just missing the hat though...
Oct 30, 2020 4:56 PM

Jul 2016
Atlos said:

What?

It makes sense to me so far and there are still some questions left to be answered so that it stays fresh later on.
Oct 30, 2020 5:08 PM
Dec 2018
Why this eps only 5 minutes long...
Oct 30, 2020 5:15 PM

Aug 2019
Man I'm really worried about the soundtrack. I saw the previous episodes again and it is worrying how lame is the soundtrack because in 2 episodes something big will happen, but with this soundtrack that moment is going to be ruine.

I would not like to see
ruined either

spoiler tag added
CareBearOct 31, 2020 10:20 PM
Oct 30, 2020 5:28 PM

Feb 2015
jerryjoonie said:
*Big Brain time*

Many seem snobby about the fact that Itadori doesn't actually "die", as if people knew that of-fucking-course MC won't die so soon because they've already seen that shit many times in anime and manga. But imho, they miss the point of such "deaths" (in this particular case, at least).

First, Itadori's view on sacrificing himself and his thoughts before doing that. He's happy about Fushiguro's ideals, proud of him even. And this sacrifice is not the one Itadori'd thought about, not the one after already absorbing 20 fingers of Sukuna. It's sudden and he had to make a quick, sad decision. Showcases his caring and almost suicidal character a lot.

Second, the impact on his companions and teacher. Megumi and Nobara liked Yuuji and are actually saddened about his death. They fire up before training for tournaments because that's sth they will be doing for Yuuji and his last words ("Live long"). Gojou deems Yuuji as "a precious student" too and even thinks it'd worth it to kill higher-ups.

Third, the consequences. LMAO do you really think it'd be easy for Itadori to be revived?? Logically speaking, no, lol. Sukuna mentioned the concept of "pacts" in the beginning, and we may guess what could be forced on Yuuji to be brought back to life.

So yeah. I personally really loved this idea while reading the manga, and it didn't irk me that Yuuji could live again because I noticed the points of his "death".

And that's great and all, but it just gets boring after seeing it again and again. The problem isn't Yuuji "dying", it's the fact that this plot device has been used so many times that it's just not interesting anymore :x
And even if they really wanted to use it, it happened way too soon, cause it's hard to buy that our four main charcters already established such a strong bond when Nobara joined 2 episodes ago and we didn't see them actually become friends or anything of the sorts.
StormxNightmareOct 30, 2020 5:35 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 30, 2020 5:33 PM

Jun 2020
Really hope we get a backstory on the talking Panda. When Sukuna ripped Itadori heart out, and threw it on the ground I was just in a gaze like damn... Decent episode, excited for next week.
Oct 30, 2020 5:39 PM

Aug 2018
Daru, get out of this panda suit please, I can recognize your voice anywhere.
I like these introductions, surprisingly we have already a wider cast while other shonens would wait a little bit to do some kind of tournament arc with a lot of characters which I think is what gonna happen next. (I think they were talking about something similar to that with this festival)
Oct 30, 2020 6:07 PM

May 2015
Joei-12 said:
Man I'm really worried about the soundtrack. I saw the previous episodes again and it is worrying how lame is the soundtrack because in 2 episodes something big will happen, but with this soundtrack that moment is going to be ruine.

I would not like to see Mahito and Sukuna's moment ruined either

There's literally nothing wrong with the OST. You're just overreacting.

Oct 30, 2020 6:41 PM

Jan 2020
this isn't episode specific but wow do i love the ed!! itadori and kugisaki are so cute when they dance ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2020 7:07 PM

Jun 2015
ttcchen said:
why didn't they add Yuji's response to Sukuna's command at the end? that would have been more epic

Haha, an edgy response on top of that
Oct 30, 2020 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
episode animation aside was alright wasn't expecting him "dying" so soon only thing is we gotta wait a week to see how he comes back and at what cost

thing i was bugged the most about was Megumi getting thrown around like a DBZ fight while still being alive lol if it wasn't for someone posting a panel showing him getting protected and only thrown once i'd say he had some insane plot armor since he should still be a human
Oct 30, 2020 7:20 PM
Dec 2015
As an anime only viewer, I'm genuinely pleased there's a panda character
Oct 30, 2020 7:37 PM
Apr 2014
I just realized Megumi actually wanted to use "that" already.

Thinking back it was fortunate he stop to talk to Yuuji and Yuuji took control of his body again.

Oct 30, 2020 7:38 PM

May 2020
I don't know what to say anymore but I love this.
Oct 30, 2020 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what an episode! The demon really went full yolo, but as obvious, there was no way that he would kill Yuuji's body like forever.

That moment between Megumi and Nobara was so nice, damn! Can't wait to see the next episode!

So Satoru is the S tier in this world? Is he the only one tho? If he gets incapacitated it will be a MHA v2 xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 30, 2020 7:51 PM

Apr 2018
That was one badass fight scene between Megumi and Sakuna. I frickin knew it that Yuuji was truly dead. We get to see new characters this ep and I cat wait for next week.
Oct 30, 2020 8:01 PM
Feb 2018
The fight was amazing as usual
Two major fights incoming next week
Oct 30, 2020 8:35 PM

Aug 2015

For me he will always be Gilgamesh first, Daru and Rob Lucci second.

----------------------

The fight scene was good in terms of animation, but I kinda didn´t expect it to be so flashy (?). I thought the powers were going to be more grounded I guess. In any case, Itadori went through a full city block yet he didn´t got a single scratch. Shonen being shonen. Besides that, I guess the main trio will have each their own power up and Yuuji will basically do a Persona 4.

Expecting to see Gojou/Kakashi do something, and well, the comedy will always pop the illusion bubble for me. I like the show so far but the comedy is definitively a big miss for me.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks that Kugisaki is really pretty? Idk, her design resonates a lot with me I guess.
Oct 30, 2020 8:46 PM
Jun 2015
Joei-12 said:
so after 5 episodes it's official, the soundtrack is pretty lame
Mappas ost honestly do suck. That might hurt AOT
Oct 30, 2020 8:54 PM
Mar 2015
As cool as the fight was, how tf did Fushiguro survive that?! I thought they were supposed to be sorcerers, not tanks, lmao. So far we've seen no spells that could strengthen the body enough for this.
Oct 30, 2020 8:59 PM

Aug 2018
Vindicater said:
Atlos said:

What?

It makes sense to me so far and there are still some questions left to be answered so that it stays fresh later on.
Everything makes sense but in fight they are using all these cursed techniques but its just saying x character can do this in middle of a fight where it really benefit from explaining these power systems beforehand and some general ground rules

shane_nichols said:
Joei-12 said:
so after 5 episodes it's official, the soundtrack is pretty lame
Mappas ost honestly do suck. That might hurt AOT
Mappa have made some good osts before but this obviously isn't one of them
_______I like rocks__
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 👑 Jujutsu Kaisen Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Sep 22

93 by Andra9966 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 15, 2021

248 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

283 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 2:25 AM

» Can Mahoraga get intoxicated?

someguy - Sep 14

43 by Quadruple_Oi »»
Sep 22, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

343 by Gator »»
Sep 22, 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.