Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2020 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
shane_nichols said:
AdrianRubinsky said:
The power of friendship is so nice... not

Please give me back the original Alicization before all this Underworld ass-pull started.

You have an LOGH pic. Why you watching this trash?

I watch many types of anime. From good drama series to CGDCT. Maybe I had hope the second season would be fine? The beginning of Alicization was ok. Now is just a huge mess.

Aug 15, 2020 11:59 AM
Mar 2020
skipped my heartbeats like 10 times in row and also broke it nearly enough .
that was awesome awesomest raised to the power 100 wth .
Asuna got the action she deserved and i waited to see, the mothers rosario was wonderfully played out thnx yuuki.
Eugeo became the best waifu.. ahem.. the best friend one could ever hope, damn i was just so eager to see him and his entry was kinda cool .
PoH is the best enemy one could get , he is just best IDK. feel free to criticize.
i have Returned Asuna...... end damn i was gonna hit my Laptop so hard succh damn cliffhangers.
overall 10/10 , noticed some minute changes in The OP. jaundice ..ahem god mode Kirito.
Biribiri10Aug 15, 2020 12:03 PM
Aug 15, 2020 12:05 PM

Jun 2016
Best episode of the entire series yet, from Asuna's amazing animation with Mother's Rosario to Kirito finally awakening with a badass entrance
Aug 15, 2020 12:14 PM

Dec 2012
Aleph199X said:
Finally, the episode I've been waiting for all along. Only thing to complain about, the changes to the nightmares Kirito had were a bit weird. I have no idea why they chose to have him fighting Xaxa instead of Copper who was in the LN for example.

Coper never showed up in the anime. Since anime adaptation skipped the First Day side-story. So it will feel weird for anime-onlies to see LN character that never existed in the anime in the first place.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Aug 15, 2020 12:17 PM

Jun 2017
Ishkoten said:
Aleph199X said:
Finally, the episode I've been waiting for all along. Only thing to complain about, the changes to the nightmares Kirito had were a bit weird. I have no idea why they chose to have him fighting Xaxa instead of Copper who was in the LN for example.

Coper never showed up in the anime. Since anime adaptation skipped the First Day side-story. So it will feel weird for anime-onlies to see LN character that never existed in the anime in the first place.

That's true but they could have shown it anyway. Either way I'm less critical than others on this scene's adaptation. It was still amazing and got the point across that Kirito has suffered a lot over the years. It's not like PoH's backstory which I think the anime just outright butchered.
Signature.
Aug 15, 2020 12:25 PM

Apr 2016
I already knew everything because I read the novel but I've to admit it, I'm moved. This episode is probably one of my favorite episodes, it had a great emotional impact on me. I was waiting this momento to come from when Alicization arc's anime adaptation began. I loved it, I'm going to rewatch this episode a lot of times from now on.
Aug 15, 2020 12:25 PM
Sep 2016
Alvaritoterreos said:
Damn, that animation in Yuuki's special attack was really beautifull and amazing. Everything else was good too, the fact that Kirito came back to life after feeling a lot of pain is kinda a good reason too.

Idk about y'all, but to me it seems that Kirito liked more Eugeo than Asuna and others. Kirito literally jumped out of the floor as soon as Eugeo appeared xd

Bros before hoes.
Aug 15, 2020 12:27 PM

Sep 2017
Dukino said:
Damuzen said:
So, as expected, everybody was saved by the power of friendship and harem.

Aaaand Kirito is back.

At least the animation was pretty good.

Completely missed what was happening if you think that

There's nothing to miss here, we're talking about Sword Art Online.
Aug 15, 2020 12:39 PM

May 2018
Wlep Kirito is back in action.....shit.
Aug 15, 2020 12:44 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Jesus is back thanks to the healing power of shounen friendship. Hurrah!
They really managed to extend the scene as much as possible.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 15, 2020 12:46 PM

Dec 2013
holy shit a-1 made the reject scene even better with Kirito LITERALLY ignoring the girls words OMEGALUL

now we can finally say that kirito is officially gay in anime too

wow, asuna finally using the stacia account to its true power BUT SURPRISE, shes just too noob to actually do something with it kek

time for jesus-kun to show how you play UW

now i just need to see the blue rose epilogue scene and I will be complete
pls a-1, do it justice

Aug 15, 2020 12:51 PM

Jun 2017
Ryouri said:

now i just need to see the blue rose epilogue scene and I will be complete
pls a-1, do it justice

Considering the teases so far, I'm 100% sure they will show it.
Signature.
Aug 15, 2020 12:51 PM
Jul 2020
Kirito's eyes were changed to gold in the opening.

And the next title is "Awakening"
Aug 15, 2020 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
Oh god damn yes!! It was the kind of awakening I was hoping for and the awakening I got. I never really got into the Yukki story but I knew she passed down her sword skill to Asuna, not to mention her last eps with everyone memorying her. Them feels. But that aside, the 4th link. His second sword. Lets face it, given the time he spent with Eugeo. I admit, I was hoping administrator might of been the missing piece but her story was with the other Ais and it being Eugeo blew my mind.

I wasnt even sure about the missing arm, but as he walked upto the hand print and it connected. Well fuck me. This is Sword Art Online!!!!

Also fuck you Australians , you don't get to see it. Banned in Aus motherfuckers!!!

(P.S all Australians are pokemon, this post in no way criticises there censorship or banning of Sword Art Online, nor do I consider them as human. Any comment oe report an Australian might make can be dismissed because they are not real people in my perception and just Pokemon.) Gotta catch em all.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 15, 2020 12:58 PM

Apr 2016
Alvaritoterreos said:
Damn, that animation in Yuuki's special attack was really beautifull and amazing. Everything else was good too, the fact that Kirito came back to life after feeling a lot of pain is kinda a good reason too.

Idk about y'all, but to me it seems that Kirito liked more Eugeo than Asuna and others. Kirito literally jumped out of the floor as soon as Eugeo appeared xd

Not sure about Asuna but for the others it's an absolute yes xD
Aug 15, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2020
Soo I liked the fight with PoH, but still, the best is Bercouli against the Emperor.

Aug 15, 2020 1:05 PM
May 2017
Fans : "When will you let Kirito wake up and have him kill Poh?"
Reki : "I was thinking in this ep, but nah, i'm gonna milk it instead with these scenes that you already watched b4"

This SAO season is turning out to be the stupidest and the most frustrating ever
Aug 15, 2020 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
Why are some people saying Sachi was Kirito's first love? I never saw it as such, so I had to Google and looks like I was right: https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:59406 His first and only love is Asuna. <3

Anyway. Some changes in the opening. Kirito's eyes are gold/yellow and at the end there's Alice with robotic eyes in the real world? :O

The appearance of Yuuki was great, helping Asuna who couldn't fight anymore. Asuna's fight against PoH was great. So PoH LOVES Kirito? Is he a yandere/yangire, LOL? What was the point of making his older half-brother look like Kirito? I thought that's why he HATES Kirito. Anyway, his cleaver is way too overpowered, more powerful than Stacia Asuna's sword. :O

So I thought it was a bit too much and unnecessary for Asuna to get angel wings, but she did look pretty. After her friends cheered her on, Asuna used the Mother's Rossario skill and almost killed PoH, but WTf, still not enough, the guy is a monster. The fight was cool though. So PoH again uses his evil aura (much stronger now) to make the Chinese/Korean players attack the Japanese.

Kirito's memories were so hard to watch, the poor boy was going through so much, there's so much pain and suffering and regret. And he had to relieve all those bad memories again. He's carrying way too much on his shoulders, no wonder he couldn't "wake up" on his own, since he thought he should be the one to die. "I can't stand anymore. I can't fight anymore." And then Eugeo appears for him, like Yuuki did for Asuna when she couldn't stand up anymore too. And then with the power of his 4 most important people, he finally wakes up. <3

And what an awakening! He froze the whole damn army (or rather the "bad" red players). <3 And then he protected Asuna, Ronye and Sortiliena in a really cool way too. "I'm back, Asuna." Uh, the goosebumps. Can't wait for the next episode to see Kirito kick some PoH ass and maybe the "bad" red players too. WELCOME BACK, KIRITO!! <3
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Aug 15, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
I mean in a way it kinda makes sense Kirito would want Eugeo's appearance more than any of his harem members, he watched Eugeo die, makes sense for him to ask permission if he's really allowed to move forward from someone he let die.
That aside guess Kirito was broken in more ways than one if even his girlfriend couldn't talk sense to him.
Anyways I was expecting the 1st half being how Kirito finally strays away from AFK and the last half with Kirito finally starts flexing, but instead got some Asuna angel wings shit that took me out of the ep.
Aug 15, 2020 1:18 PM
Dec 2015
Again, Asuna shines for 30 seconds at most and then is forced back into trash just because "main guy must beat bad guy".
Aug 15, 2020 1:19 PM

Oct 2008
Asuna fight was definitely the highlight of the episode. Though, one question. What is the evil guy's motivation again? Was it to get Alice? Was it because he's racist against Japanese? Was it because he's got a hard on for Kirito?
Aug 15, 2020 1:30 PM

Oct 2018
If only the Mother's Rosario 11-combo hit skills showed flawlessly, the episode would've been perfect.

smh
Aug 15, 2020 1:43 PM
Nov 2019
Best episode of the season
It's freaking awesome to see the beater beating PoH with his right hand
I was waiting for thisss...
Can't wait to see the next ep - The Awakening
Aug 15, 2020 1:48 PM

Dec 2014
so finally he is awoken
Aug 15, 2020 1:50 PM

Sep 2018
NO GOD NO! MY PRECIOUS KIRITO DON'T RIP YOUR HEART OUT ;-;
Also i am fangirl screaming, i didn't realise how much i missed seeing Kirito in action.
“Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.”
~Hunter S. Thompson

Aug 15, 2020 1:53 PM

Jan 2020
Finally! After some refills but it's awake.

This episode was OK, only in the fight with Asuna vs PoH are good quality scenes, there are like 5 minutes of 'memories'.

I liked to see Sachi and Yuuki again

And I can't understand, why only 2 people are not blowed with ice? How Kirito know there were good? , Why there aren't other good people in the army's if they were fighting each other?

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Aug 15, 2020 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
Ryouri said:
now we can finally say that kirito is officially gay in anime too

ikr this is what was going through my head lmao
Aug 15, 2020 2:33 PM

Mar 2016
Even though she got an amazing fight scene against PoH with Yuuki helping her out, Asuna is clearly being shafted big time just so God-mode Kirito can take the spotlight again.
She loves Kirito, has been saved by him multiple times and claims she'll go through hell and give her life to save him. Then why oh why was she completely unable to stand against PoH properly until the others finally gave her some encouragement......and then she goes useless again when PoH gets back up with his cheat weapon :'(
Poor Asuna really has been given the willpower of a spoon in this, and the Stacia account has been worthless after 2 fissures and some bridges =_=
Aug 15, 2020 2:55 PM

Mar 2017
He's back, praise the Lord our Kirito is back and that was an awesome entrance scene! It broke my heart to see him so distressed and in pain but he's back and he's gonna kickass! I've missed him so much 😭

That battle between Asuna and PoH was so cool too! That was a noice change of art style!
Aug 15, 2020 3:21 PM
Dec 2018
skyUFO said:
So Kirito was pretty messed up from not being able to protect all those people who died, and Eugio back then was the last hit that really broke him, and that's why he simply had to have Eugio to help him recover too.
I hope they'll get a chance to explain this a little more in detail later on, like they did in the light novels.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Kirito didn't get his arm back there, he just imagined himself a pseudo-whatnot arm for a little bit there.

It was kirito's incarnation. He knows how underworld works that's why he can reconstruct organs and do a lot of things without using spells
Aug 15, 2020 3:24 PM
Dec 2018
Aleph199X said:

Other than that, amazing stuff.

They actually showed that he ignored all the good stuff he had done and only focused on his mistakes. Like saving asuna and sinon. He had his ears shut during that time. He listens again when eugeo comes.
Aug 15, 2020 3:38 PM

Apr 2017
I think the anime is past where I read up to in the LN (either that or I just don't remember what happens) but I want Kirito to one-shot PoH and then for the anime to move on like he never existed. I don't even want to give him the satisfaction of having the good fight he clearly craves.
Aug 15, 2020 3:45 PM
May 2020
xkazutox said:
YUUKI appeared too. Chara from the past coming back one by one.

Wow this really feel like it gonna be the last season for anime adaptation.

It's not the last one, do you really think A1 will suddenly stop adapting one of the biggest franchises in japan? lmao
sao will be adapted until the end (just like they already said)
Aug 15, 2020 3:49 PM
May 2020
HectorBlaze said:
Alvaritoterreos said:

Asuna is the most precious think in kirito's life and eugeo is important too for him, they are literally two differente types of love
one is the love for your lover and the love of your life, the other one is your best friend, like a brother for you
Of course he was more shocked to see Eugeo...I mean.. he's dead..Asuna not...
but it's stupid to compare eugeo and asuna, they're the two people most dear to kirito
The others, well, yeah, they're just friends
Aug 15, 2020 4:23 PM

Apr 2016
Fuminon said:
HectorBlaze said:

Asuna is the most precious think in kirito's life and eugeo is important too for him, they are literally two differente types of love
one is the love for your lover and the love of your life, the other one is your best friend, like a brother for you
Of course he was more shocked to see Eugeo...I mean.. he's dead..Asuna not...
but it's stupid to compare eugeo and asuna, they're the two people most dear to kirito
The others, well, yeah, they're just friends

Well, I agree with you, I’ve nothing else to say.
My comment was a joke, by the way xD
Aug 15, 2020 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
2% action, 20% staring contest, 20% flashback, and 300% particle effects 🌟
Aug 15, 2020 4:33 PM

Sep 2014
Well, first somewhat decent episode for me, I think if the series had taken more into account the psychological aspects before, it could be something so much better than currently is.

And nice to see Sachi again.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Aug 15, 2020 5:12 PM

Mar 2014
I literally had to pause the video and grab a tissue when Eugeo showed up. This is truly the worst timeline when he's one of the fallen.

I wasn't sure how they'd transition him from vegetable to conscious again, but that was pretty damn cool. Using Eugeo's Blue Rose Sword Enhance Armament to freeze the entire field. Way to stay cool, Kirito.

That was some pretty grisly symbolism they did in his mind though, him literally digging at his own heart and destroying himself over his severe survivor's guilt. At least he's finally awake now. And all that incarnation he did, was pretty damn badass. I like how he did an incarnation hand shield to protect Asuna from far away, with the same hand that had been missing until now.

I hope the harem shenanigans stays out of the rest of this arc. It would really ruin all the trauma and recovery of this scene for Liz to just run up and slap him like "what took you so long?!"

After that 2nd half I practically forgot about Asuna's badass scene in the first half. Yuuki giving her the strength and growing angel wings to overpower that psychopath. The animation was incredible. Also, I'm not sure but during the early struggle there, I think it looked like Asuna used some of her Stacia powers to trip PoH up at one point?
Aug 15, 2020 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
Asuna's attack was pretty cool, more Yuuki is always good, but once again I'm not really sure where the wings or power came from. Is this just the power of friendship, or incernation or what?
Same with the bad guy. It would be nice if we could get an explanation as to how he and Vecta have these dark powers on completely different accounts. Such a shame that Asuna's attack didn't amount to anything in the end cause apparently this guy is immortal for some reason, yet he just fell down a chasm with the dark knight account and couldn't survive that one.

Kirito accepting the people he lost and stopping blaming himself is nice, although I would think Suguha and Asuna would be much more important to him than Eugeo and should be more than enough, but oh well.
His weird remote hand shield was cool, but makes basically no sense.

Hopefully the last few episodes will have no more NTR and rape scenes and we can just have some battles with everyone getting new powers out of nowhere.
Aug 15, 2020 5:37 PM
Dec 2019
Each episode worse than the last

SAO Alicization – War of Underworld before virus, a great anime
SAO Alicization – War of Underworld after virus, garbage over garbage

I'm not gonna talk about character with slashing sword doing piercing attacks (thats really stupid) or aboiut phisic in battle but...

Asuna with angel wings, really?? what a lack of imagination, that crap of "the power of friendship" is killing me bc thats the lowest recurse that someone could use for his/her creation in fantasy relate. That recouorse mean lack of imagination and talent. Kirito EMO...he was a fighter, a warrior and now, he is afraid of his past? he is the frkn hero and he is asking forgivenes for help or the sake ppl he helped?? And the worst of the worst, the lasst minutes he was in mode GOD, WHY!!!! he just come back from a "COMMA", thiss episode has not sense at all. When you think SAO can´t be worse, the author comes and surprises you
Aug 15, 2020 6:08 PM

Jan 2020
- Asuna: I can't stand up anymore.
*Wild Yuuki appears out of nowhere*
- Asuna: I can stand up, run, fly, attack and dance if I want.
Aug 15, 2020 6:18 PM

Jul 2016
MunaXs said:

I'm not gonna talk about character with slashing sword doing piercing attacks (thats really stupid) or aboiut phisic in battle but...

Asuna with angel wings, really?? what a lack of imagination, that crap of "the power of friendship" is killing me bc thats the lowest recurse that someone could use for his/her creation in fantasy relate. That recouorse mean lack of imagination and talent. Kirito EMO...he was a fighter, a warrior and now, he is afraid of his past? he is the frkn hero and he is asking forgivenes for help or the sake ppl he helped?? And the worst of the worst, the lasst minutes he was in mode GOD, WHY!!!! he just come back from a "COMMA", thiss episode has not sense at all. When you think SAO can´t be worse, the author comes and surprises you
your logic doesnt make sense. This simulation give the people the power of imagination so the action is justified. The good guys and bad is OP. So its not that BS, because they set up it on ep 8. Of Alicization. And the PTSD is his inner thoughts of how guilty he has by not saving his friends on SAO days. And now he losing Eugeo. They gave Kirito characterization its weird for you because, they give it now but the anime skips it on the first SAO. God mode is meme, lmao. Where do you get it? I think you watched different series because of how much you interpret the scene is.

Aug 15, 2020 6:26 PM

Dec 2016
Asuna: Kirito, come back ...
Kirito: No....

Eugeo: Kiri-
Kirito: Yes.
Aug 15, 2020 6:26 PM

Oct 2014
Holy fuck... This is one of the best episodes. It really hit. Kirito tearing himself apart, Yuuki appearing, Asuna's wings, Mother's Rosario, Enhance Armament. Literally amazing episode, they handled the flashback good toon with only 11eps I couldn't stand to see 2 full flashback episodes.

Kirito guarding the girls too, pure hype!

And yet, PoH isn't the final boss!?! This momentum is going to keep rolling, crazy stuff to come!
Aug 15, 2020 6:33 PM
Jan 2017
Great and emocional ep, damn that artstyle is gorgeous !!!
I dont read the V18 and see some LN readers angry because alot of monologues and facts cut down in anime soo i cannot say about it but i really loved the ep !!
Aug 15, 2020 7:13 PM

Apr 2019
Kirito is in da house! That's what i'm talkin' about! A hero like Kirito deserved an epic come back just like that. Last season in was Asuna who had her epic entrance, an of course Sinon at the finale. We need to see Kirito´s awsome skills now it's been quite some time
Aug 15, 2020 7:39 PM
Dec 2019
chriskor022 said:
MunaXs said:

your logic doesnt make sense. This simulation give the people the power of imagination so the action is justified. The good guys and bad is OP. So its not that BS, because they set up it on ep 8. Of Alicization. And the PTSD is his inner thoughts of how guilty he has by not saving his friends on SAO days. And now he losing Eugeo. They gave Kirito characterization its weird for you because, they give it now but the anime skips it on the first SAO. God mode is meme, lmao. Where do you get it? I think you watched different series because of how much you interpret the scene is.
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind
Aug 15, 2020 7:39 PM

Jun 2014
Halfway through the season and finally Kirito is back. PoH and everyone else on the opposing side don't stand a chance now that Jesus-kun has returned.
thebrentinator24Aug 15, 2020 7:49 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 15, 2020 7:43 PM
Aug 2017
MunaXs said:
chriskor022 said:

Funny, I thought it fit a little more if he said that rather than you.
Aug 15, 2020 7:51 PM
Dec 2019
CYCLOPSCORE said:
MunaXs said:

Funny, I thought it fit a little more if he said that rather than you.
In the Middle Ages the inquisition believed that their actions were right. There are blind zealots everywhere. The power of friendship is cheap garbage by BTW
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.