Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 4, 2020 10:53 PM

Jul 2012
Holy fucking shit, that was exactly the kind of chapter I was hoping for after the last one. It was missing an insight overviewing of the parties involved in the conflict and their so called sense of justice in order to "save the world" from its doom.

This is one great chapter, I may add some more words about what makes it so good later, I now really like the direction Isayama is going with this, last chapter was making me feel a bit skeptical at first.

4.5/5
Mar 4, 2020 10:56 PM
Apr 2019
also,,, Hange admits that they made a mistake,,, they failed to understand Eren.
That's why Eren is going Enraged mode.

This is the fucking truth.... they forgot how much burden Eren has to bear.....

Still, genocide can't be a good solution. I think many people will die but not every.
Mar 4, 2020 10:58 PM

Feb 2019
Ok ngl, last few chapters been kinda mid. I kinda see where Isayama sensei is going. He’s establishing those character building and relationship moments, I get it. But, it’s just been pretty boring, frankly. We haven’t got much in the way of action since Annie’s revival.

I’m hoping this landing is stuck perfectly so that this will undoubtedly be an all time great. Would hate for it to go like Promised Neverland manga rn which is a far cry from its early form.

I did really enjoy the camp fire scene. Lots of good stuff there. Yelena poking the right buttons with everyone. Kind of playing that same role that Ymir played. “What will becomes of the island once Eren’s gone” another really relevant question.

There’s this cycle of hate that’s been going around forever between the Marleyans and Paradisians and coming together, sharing a meal and talking about their feelings is one way of bridging that gap. Jean’s punch on Reiner was also something that was needed. Once that gets animated with some voice acting I know it’ll be even better.

I just hope we get some more development and reveals next chapter.
Mar 4, 2020 11:11 PM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
deg said:
@keragamming
@zerotitan

ok and im just gonna correct you about this

For an average TV series (though again this is by no means definitive) each team will start with two months or more to complete each episode, but after a few episodes schedule creep sets in, and start date will slip later and later. Some episodes will get seven weeks. Then six. There are times when whole episodes are produced in as little as four or five weeks. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2018-03-16/.129066

Ok, though I was sure I remember season 1 was struggling and they even finish episodes minutes before it would air on tv and I was sure I saw week or even two, but I will take your facts as the truth.

But that still doesn't stop the final few episodes from having problem, as the chapters to be animated from Nov-jan 2021 will be near the end of March for the winter season. which means they will have two + month to work on the final 2 episodes.

And again I need to stress that their is a high chance it will be split cour, thus meaning part 2 of season 4 will take the winter break and perhaps start back in April or summer. So whichever way you look at it, it is pretty doable.

ye its more likely to be a split cour again
Mar 5, 2020 12:54 AM

Oct 2017
One of the weakest chapters so far, worse than the previous chapter.
Mar 5, 2020 2:13 AM

Aug 2018
What i gained from all of these comments so far is that..

If you support Eren's ideals & want all the other characters to support him in his quest to destroy Marley then you will most likely be disappointed in this chapter.

If you don't support Eren's ideals & think masscaring everyone outside of the walls not just the military but millions of innocent people as well, is wrong then you will most likely enjoy the chapter.

Personally, I'm neutral. I understand both sides. I get why Eren wants Marley dead, & i get why thinking killing millions of innocents is wrong no matter the reasoning. & i enjoyed this chapter.

This is pretty much what i expected the response will be.. I advise you, don't let your personal beliefs affect the way you see AoT & try to understand both sides then you will surely enjoy it.
Mar 5, 2020 3:05 AM

Mar 2014
This chapter tied up what I considered a rushed development in the previous chapter- Marleyans and Eldians cooperating for the sake of preventing the genocide. Discussing their resentment and justified hatred after all the hardships they have went through is realistic, and it cannot be forgiven, like Jean said to Reiner. Even so, they will move towards their shared goal.

Missing my boy Eren I hope he appears in the next chap though I doubt it :(
Mar 5, 2020 3:49 AM

May 2018
It feels a bit rushed... i hope it will all come together before it ends.
Rider9530Mar 5, 2020 5:19 AM
Mar 5, 2020 4:17 AM
Apr 2010
Calling it now, that 1st panel is a glimpse into the future after they kill Eren, Jean married Mikasa (hopefully I'm wrong)
Mar 5, 2020 4:38 AM

Dec 2013
simplastic said:
Calling it now, that 1st panel is a glimpse into the future after they kill Eren, Jean married Mikasa (hopefully I'm wrong)

Seems more like an obvious death flag to me

Can't wait to see the peace alliance fall apart
Mar 5, 2020 4:47 AM

Jan 2014
You know it i know it as well that MARLEY must be Abolished minimum, Whole reason why they had invaded paradis island because they ARE NO LONGER main POWER on continent, because other country developed better technology they wanted to get EVERY TITAN power for themselves why people had forgotten about this? whole world must not be destroyed BUT MARLEY is a MUST, even if they will stop eren they will loose war, i really hope that author will come with some good story that will satisfy many fans, because we don't see how paradis island can be saved without PLOTHOLES so far :)
Mar 5, 2020 4:47 AM
Feb 2019
Is this future Eren and Mikasa?

Mar 5, 2020 5:15 AM

Oct 2013
@MeansToAnEnd

lol its literally Jean dreaming.
Mar 5, 2020 6:20 AM

Jan 2015
Isayama should have had all of them teaming up in one chapter for better flow.

Them getting Annie and Reiner at the end of chapter 126 and everything in 127 together in one chapter would have fixed a lot of the issues people had with 126. Things wouldn’t have felt as rushed and out of place in my opinion. I’m thinking the anime will have all of that in one episode probably.
Mar 5, 2020 6:24 AM
Feb 2020
keragamming said:
@MeansToAnEnd

Could also be the future. Could even be Erens baby.

The last sentence ("we should brush it aside") could be a hint to the fact, that to reach this point, they had to kill Eren.

Though I hope not, but it feels that way
Mar 5, 2020 7:09 AM

Jan 2019
THIS CHAPTER
okay, I almost sobbed when Hanji was talking about the survey corps :(
It was funny when Hanji tried to get them to eat in the middle of Annie and Mikasa arguing jsjs
I'm really hoping that Jean's "dream" in the beginning isn't gonna insulate him dying.. now now we can't have that
Mar 5, 2020 7:09 AM

Jan 2019
THIS CHAPTER
okay, I almost sobbed when Hanji was talking about the survey corps :(
It was funny when Hanji tried to get them to eat in the middle of Annie and Mikasa arguing jsjs
I'm really hoping that Jean's "dream" in the beginning isn't gonna insulate him dying.. now now we can't have that
Mar 5, 2020 7:21 AM
Feb 2020
Is aot really going the way of code Geass?
I can only hope the ending is as mind blowing as chapters 121 and 122.
Mar 5, 2020 7:22 AM
Feb 2020
Jungle_King said:
keragamming said:
@MeansToAnEnd

The last sentence ("we should brush it aside") could be a hint to the fact, that to reach this point, they had to kill Eren.

Yeah but the final panel which isayama released has Eren alive in it.
Mar 5, 2020 7:36 AM
Feb 2020
halfC said:
Jungle_King said:

Yeah but the final panel which isayama released has.. (SPOILER)

Maybe you should put this sentence into a spoiler, since not everyone has checked the final panel.

Mar 5, 2020 7:47 AM

Oct 2017
I've always really liked Jean so him defending Eren made me feel really good. I still don't like how they have united together, tbh. And Hange, ew, she's just not cut out to be the Survey Corps Commander. Jean sounded FAR more logical than Hange. Jean should've been the commander instead. And I still don't like them (the Marleyans and the Survey Corps) sitting on the same table... Also, about time they show us Eren's view. I've been seriously waiting for this and it should happen in the next chapter. And definitely don't show that Yeager faction (which they will, duh), just seeing Floch pisses me off.

Also, I hope the author doesn't kill Jean. Jean is one of my favorite characters in the series. And he seriously deserves Mikasa (ErenxMikasa is dead anyway).
KatsutoSakiMar 5, 2020 7:53 AM
Mar 5, 2020 7:57 AM
Feb 2020
Jungle_King said:
halfC said:

Yeah but the final panel which isayama released has.. (SPOILER)

Maybe you should put this sentence into a spoiler, since not everyone has checked the final panel.

Yeah sorry my bad. Should've put it in the spoiler box.
Mar 5, 2020 8:11 AM

Sep 2018
Well this was a better chapter than the last ones, ill probably put this series on hold and finish it once it ended. It feels like its getting a little rushed, maybe i will feel differently about it if i read it in one go.

My opinion on some of the weaker parts of this series probably wont change, but maybe the story wich is Isayamas strongest writing aspect is so nutti that SnK ends on a high note for me.
-Mullerio-Mar 5, 2020 8:20 AM
Mar 5, 2020 8:26 AM

Jul 2012
"Haha genocide bad :-DDd they were trying to kill all of us since forever but we are better than them :-DDd"

"Whats gonna happen if we stop Eren?"
"HaHaha we can think of that later :-DDd We can survive like few more years :-DDD"

"We will fight against a common enemy so the other nations will become friendly with us :-DDDDDD"

"We will talk to Eren :-DDDDD" (God even joking about this talk no jutsu shit happening makes me want to puke)

What the hell? I can understand marleyans wanting to team up with them since its free extra power to fight against Eren *somehow*. But what the hell is wrong with Hange and the others? Is Jean the only one that makes sense?
ShadzzoMar 5, 2020 8:29 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2012
"not a single one of muh dead comrades would agree with Eren!!"

"guess I'll just surrender and kill everyone I know so the people outside the walls can live happily"

The more i think of this, the worse it gets.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2020 9:19 AM

Sep 2018
Shadzzo said:
What the hell? I can understand marleyans wanting to team up with them since its free extra power to fight against Eren *somehow*. But what the hell is wrong with Hange and the others? Is Jean the only one that makes sense?

nothings wrong with them. you think somethings wrong with them because you're so fixated on the lens of the people on paradis, and you have to rationalize it by blocking and making fun of other dimensions of thinking to jerk off your sense of being "rationally tough"

you're only imagining yourself as a person inside the island, not as someone who lives peacefully in the woods or something, completely ignorant of all of this.

Mar 5, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
It is great chapter as usual it shows a lot about their feelings, action will certainly begin from now on.
Mar 5, 2020 9:52 AM

Jul 2012
jesteri said:
Shadzzo said:

nothings wrong with them. you think somethings wrong with them because you're so fixated on the lens of the people on paradis, and you have to rationalize it by blocking and making fun of other dimensions of thinking to jerk off your sense of being "rationally tough"

you're only imagining yourself as a person inside the island, not as someone who lives peacefully in the woods or something, completely ignorant of all of this.

This is a dumb reply honestly. If you read what i wrote again, i said i can understand Marleyans wanting the team up. Because people they care for are about the be slaughtered. Like Annie's comment on his dad. So im not "only imagining myself as a person inside the island"

And then when i think as someone from Paradis (Like Hange, Mikasa, Armin etc. Explaining it clearly for you so you can understand), their actions make absolutely no realistic sense. Hatred of thousands of years wont disappear just by fighting against a common enemy. And will get even worse after what they saw Eldians are capable of with the Titans.And just like Jean asked, how are they realisticly gonna survive if Eren fails?

It looks "so heroic" because "genocide is bad" and selfless since "Instead of killing billions, the smaller portion should die". But its also extremely selfish to doom the people of Paradis with death because of 4-5 people's conscience.

So yeah for me, its something to make fun of how the choices of people from Paradis makes no sense. (While Marleyans' make sense) Everyone thinks they're the one who'd run into the fire, until they feel the heat. People who basically say "they wouldnt prefer their loved ones over other people" are just delusional. It's in human nature to protect the one that is closer to you.
Mar 5, 2020 11:31 AM
May 2017
Shadzzo said:
jesteri said:

This is a dumb reply honestly. If you read what i wrote again, i said i can understand Marleyans wanting the team up. Because people they care for are about the be slaughtered. Like Annie's comment on his dad. So im not "only imagining myself as a person inside the island"

And then when i think as someone from Paradis (Like Hange, Mikasa, Armin etc. Explaining it clearly for you so you can understand), their actions make absolutely no realistic sense. Hatred of thousands of years wont disappear just by fighting against a common enemy. And will get even worse after what they saw Eldians are capable of with the Titans.And just like Jean asked, how are they realisticly gonna survive if Eren fails?

It looks "so heroic" because "genocide is bad" and selfless since "Instead of killing billions, the smaller portion should die". But its also extremely selfish to doom the people of Paradis with death because of 4-5 people's conscience.

So yeah for me, its something to make fun of how the choices of people from Paradis makes no sense. (While Marleyans' make sense) Everyone thinks they're the one who'd run into the fire, until they feel the heat. People who basically say "they wouldnt prefer their loved ones over other people" are just delusional. It's in human nature to protect the one that is closer to you.

and yet they've gone out to do it, despite everything. It's the right thing to do.
Mar 5, 2020 11:35 AM

Sep 2018
Shadzzo said:

in 1983, we almost avoided a complete nuclear apocalypse because of a computer bug that said the US launched nukes on the Soviets. The Soviets could have retaliated but 1 person decided to gamble until the last minute. It made "no sense" for him to do this because 29/30 checks said it was the real deal. If the mass population were to vote on it, I'm sure we'd all be fucked by now. The weight of this 1 persons decision vs the millions of people who'd probably jump to "an eye for an eye, it's us or them" saved everyone's asses, so likewise "4-5 peoples conscious" isn't as trivial. https://youtu.be/L9RrTzcDcw0

This goes beyond being heroic. if all the characters just agreed with jean, they'd just be living the rest of their lives with the thought of the alternate possibility of "what if we chased further? what if we at least tried to gamble rather than giving up so early?" lingering behind their minds. they're not "preferring their loved ones over other people", they're gambling it all on an idealistic scenario that saves both. likewise it goes in the other direction, people who say that they can live with mass genocide in the back of their minds literally have to delude themselves into thinking "it was the only way, nothing personal, too risky and too scared to strive for the best case" to prevent themselves from going crazy like reiner. likewise it's human nature to be blindly optimistic against all odds and strive for the best case scenario. it makes sense for me that the no-genocide route characters exist because they're the people who can't live with the weight of the decision of not at least trying
jesteriMar 5, 2020 12:55 PM
Mar 5, 2020 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
With the long time that passes between chapters and all the betrayals I lost empathy for the characters. This chapter was a good summary of all that happened without annoying flashbacks. It did stirr my emotions a bit, but overall I hope Eren just kills at least 1 or 2 countries

Mar 5, 2020 12:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A major improvement on the mess of the last chapter. It was very interesting to see the cathartic process going on around that fire. Major kudos to Isayama who I must confess I'd been giving a bit of stick too.

Jean and Reiner are such good characters. They have a complexity and nuance that most of the others really cannot measure to.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 5, 2020 1:14 PM
Feb 2013
This chapter restored my faith in this manga after the disappointment of chapter 126. All is forgiven Isayama
Mar 5, 2020 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Desireless said:
This chapter restored my faith in this manga after the disappointment of chapter 126. All is forgiven Isayama

I believe this chapter was created intended in that way to clear all the misunderstanding fans had grown from reading the previous chapter :')
Mar 5, 2020 2:01 PM
Feb 2013
jesteri said:
Shadzzo said:

All these raging, genocide-loving eren fanboys and girls thinking to themselves that they would be a paradise citizen in AoT world, when most likely Eren would be coming to stomp them to death right now 😂
Mar 5, 2020 2:17 PM
Mar 2018
Finally a good chapter, chapter 126 rushed too much that this one feels like it’s the best chapter so far, even just a building up story. Seriously, this is how you make chapter where people who literally trying to kill each other shared a meal. The insight and tension are so good
Mar 5, 2020 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
jesteri said:
Shadzzo said:

in 1983, we almost avoided a complete nuclear apocalypse because of a computer bug that said the US launched nukes on the Soviets. The Soviets could have retaliated but 1 person decided to gamble until the last minute. It made "no sense" for him to do this because 29/30 checks said it was the real deal. If the mass population were to vote on it, I'm sure we'd all be fucked by now. The weight of this 1 persons decision vs the millions of people who'd probably jump to "an eye for an eye, it's us or them" saved everyone's asses, so likewise "4-5 peoples conscious" isn't as trivial. https://youtu.be/L9RrTzcDcw0

This goes beyond being heroic. if all the characters just agreed with jean, they'd just be living the rest of their lives with the thought of the alternate possibility of "what if we chased further? what if we at least tried to gamble rather than giving up so early?" lingering behind their minds. they're not "preferring their loved ones over other people", they're gambling it all on an idealistic scenario that saves both. likewise it goes in the other direction, people who say that they can live with mass genocide in the back of their minds literally have to delude themselves into thinking "it was the only way, nothing personal, too risky and too scared to strive for the best case" to prevent themselves from going crazy like reiner. likewise it's human nature to be blindly optimistic against all odds and strive for the best case scenario. it makes sense for me that the no-genocide route characters exist because they're the people who can't live with the weight of the decision of not at least trying

Thanks for that video, very interesting.
Mar 5, 2020 4:24 PM
Mar 2015
We are on the eve of destruction
Mar 5, 2020 5:21 PM

Sep 2018
Desireless said:
jesteri said:

All these raging, genocide-loving eren fanboys and girls thinking to themselves that they would be a paradise citizen in AoT world, when most likely Eren would be coming to stomp them to death right now 😂

the only thing that runs through mikasas mind is eren lol.
armin didn't even physically fight back against bullies, his definition of winning was about standing your own ground
levi just wants to kill zeke and hange feels guilty that she put eren through this and already contemplated she can't live peacefully without at least trying
in short, their decisions to stop eren is not out of character

the criticism of "why would you ever risk the lives of your loved ones for a tiny slither of a miracle?" is valid, however "it makes no sense that any paradis eldians would risk trying to save the world" is just not, because it's a part of their character not to be all like eren.

there are many events in actual history where "talk no juutsu" has actually worked, and many where they didn't.

regardless, i'm no saint either lol, but i think its stupid to be prideful over decisions like these, unless you actually do come out on top in all cases

keragamming said:

Thanks for that video, very interesting.

np, really gad i wasn't in charge lol... because if someone told me that there's a 99.7% chance this is real, i think i'd probably not gamble on the 0.03% its not and we'd all be dead lol
jesteriMar 5, 2020 6:58 PM
Mar 5, 2020 5:45 PM
Jan 2018
This chapter was fantastic. Miles better then the previous. The scars that both sides have inflicted on each-other will NEVER be healed and this conflict will not simply end by stopping Eren. There isn't any clear cut way to stopping this conflict. Some believe that stopping Eren will be a huge step in the right direction. Meanwhile others believe that killing everyone else, while inhumane and cruel, is the most logical way to put an end to it. This is one of the many brilliant aspects of this story. It asks the reader/viewer very difficult questions and let's them decide which answer to come to. But for now, let's see what conclusion Isayama comes to.
Mar 5, 2020 11:26 PM
May 2016
jesteri said:
Shadzzo said:

One of the best responses in these threads, good to see this place isn't completely full of trigger-happy brainlets. The people who keep on going on and on and on about how "wtf why don't ALL the eldians support Eren he's doing nothing wrong >:(((" don't understand the characters at all. It's actually ridiculous how much people go "wtf do you mean genocide/mass-killing is wrong? That's so cartoony!!!" and don't realise just how retarded they sound saying that.
ModernoirMar 5, 2020 11:35 PM
Mar 6, 2020 2:50 AM

Dec 2014
Great, this was a good chapter, although a really slow one. Apparently Isayama took too seriously when people complained the last chapter was too rushed. But well, it's WAY better like that than a rushed one.

I was starting to get the feeling the manga was gonna get shitty after the last shounen chapter but this made up for it, like for example how it took away the incoherences from the last chapter, that despite of the characters being united now, they still hold grudges of their (former) enemies and I loved that, made things feel realistic (in Isayama style), that Jean and Reiner scene tho, just neat. They just can't be arguing about who is right or wrong, they gotta be united for the greater good, even thou they feel hatred, but they have to be mature, controlled.

Not to mention, the bonus Yelena explaining about the characters dark past.

My only fear is that the manga ends too soon (less than 5 chapters), I'm sure that would just ruin the show, and I doubt Isayama could cover everything within little time. Well, we still have until december right?
FragMentizedMar 6, 2020 3:03 AM
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Mar 6, 2020 4:54 AM

Dec 2016
My general thoughts about this chapter: Who would guess that dialogue can be a bloodless solution ?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But overall I think there are two potential endings:

1) The power of the titans will be destroyed (a more likely scenario looking at how more effective weapons are created than they are), as Hange says, they will get a few years of "pushing it back" which will give them time to form a truce especially that without titans Marley are screwed in the fight against other countries, only threat of The Paradise island was keeping truce between other counters, which began to fall apart anyway. Eldians, becoming ordinary people and after some time become more "mixed with the crowd".
And in general there will be hope for a better tomorrow, it will not happen overnight but after years/generations.

2) Titans will still be a threat but all titans will be on the island side or their allies. Thanks to this, the Island will have a trump card in peace negotiations (on the principle "you will not attack, we will not attack"), maybe they will also negotiate a ban on the persecution of Eldian on the continent, at first the threat will be taken seriously by ordinary people but in time they stop to care because it is the more convenient (because the beaches on the island are wonderful ;)

In general, I think that Isayama will not give a good ending to ala Naruto but he will definitely show that after this moment will only be better. As it is in the real world, racism, sexism, homophobia and general distrust/hatred still exist but with each new generation it is better than it was
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 6, 2020 5:13 AM

Oct 2017
Good chapter. I’m glad this alliance isn’t gonna go smoothly due to people not trusting each other.

I like how yelena called people out. I also liked Jean beating the shit out of Reiner and choosing to not forgive him.
Mar 6, 2020 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
This was a great and very needed chapter after the last one. Fixed most of the issues I had with them so fast and easily teaming up. Loved the bigger focus on my boy Jean aswell.

Though I still feel Annies return had much less of an impact than I thought she would have or deserve for that matter. Still feel there are several other conversations that are needed between some of the characters, but I guess that could drag out it for a bit to long. Though I suppose we will see some of these later down the line or in flashbacks.

And Marco's last words "We haven't even talked" encompasses so much about this story. Everyone basically wants the same things: to live free, but they keep demonizing each other through fear and propaganda. The Warriors want the Eldians of the continent to be free. The Paradise Eldians just want to live free. And the rest of the world wants to live free from Titans and the perceived, now real, danger and threat from Paradise.

Next chapter: the battle for the harbor, 5 Titan-Shifters and atleast one Ackermann Vs Floch and the Yeagerists. I don't see this ending well for the Yeagerists somehow.
Mar 6, 2020 1:38 PM

Jul 2014
The first thing came to my mind to see them gathering around campfire is "When Reiner and Annie tell Jean the truth about Marco's death?", and well it happened lol and gotta be honest those punches feel so satisfying, even tho Reiner is broken man now he still deserves all punishments for what he did before.
As i thought, Jean is also one of people who being twisted with this "alliance", because i am personally sick with their act who always playing as the victim all the time while they were the one who started all of this in first place, so i understand why he is in doubt. Also gotta love how Yelena voiced all out the shit things each factions did lol, still i hate Merleyan so much more than any shit things paradisian ever did, which is why in the end i still hope Eren achieved his goal because that would be way more interesting more than plotting him as "main antagonist" and good people save the day. I also feel this all could probably turn out different if Erwin still alive, or perhaps knowing him he probably support Eren decision who knows..
I just hope this series isn't getting fucked up in the end because it worries me so many times already.
Mar 6, 2020 3:42 PM

Nov 2018
Code Geass route vibes are getting real

Mar 7, 2020 6:45 AM

Dec 2009
Amazing chapter, like almost everyone said, I just love how suffocating and full of despair the situation is :3

We didn't get the part where Jean answer to Annie if he still hates her... that's kinda curious to skip that part... maybe for another flashback later on ?

Jean was the MVP here, Yelenna was really cool too, even if I still don't really get her motivations, from what I understood, she was a Marleyan but changed her past to get noticed easily by Zeke, then wanted to end the war with the help of Zeke and they thought about the plan of the "slow genocidal plan"...

or did she really planned Eren to activate the rumbling ? :/ She does seems to know everything that happened so far, even some details she shouldn't know actually (the part with Reiner going insane just before they destroyed the wall)... This is really strange to me, I hope we'll see more of her, she's still really mysterious.

And Hange still trying to get everyone together after the "head smash" and trying to get Jean eating his second serving like nothing happened, that's some nihilistic comedy shit that's right up my alley :p.

Each chapter I'm just like... what the hell is gonna happen next ? Really looking forward to next chapters and the ending, but after this chapter I'm more confident than the last.
Mar 8, 2020 3:38 AM
Aug 2017
Shadzzo said:
"not a single one of muh dead comrades would agree with Eren!!"

"guess I'll just surrender and kill everyone I know so the people outside the walls can live happily"

The more i think of this, the worse it gets.
Oh no. They don't agree with the mass genocide of millions or possibly billions of people, most of which are completely innocent and have nothing to do with the fight that's happening at the moment. What fucking morons. Can't believe the author would write characters as unrealistic as them.

On a serious note, it is depressing, to say the least, the amount of people that are justifying genocide and calling anyone who would try to find other solutions stupid. I sympathize wholeheartedly with Eren and understand where he is coming from. He honestly feels this is his only choice and I find it hard to disagree as I have no alternative solutions to offer myself. I agree with Jean that killing Eren will only fuck them over at this point. But I also agree with Hange that they can't just sit back and watch him kill millions of people, many of whom had no hand in the situation ending up where it has. Hange even admits fault in this chapter. They were running out of time and Eren decided to make the tough call while they were flailing around doing nothing. But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't try to stop him and find a way to help everyone now. That solution jut might not exist, but that is no reason to not try.

This story is fantastic because there are so many sides to the same situation. No one is ever going to completely agree with you on how a situation should be handled. No one experiences a situation the same way. Some people make dumb choices. Some people wait too long to make the right choices. At the end of the day, you can only make the decisions to the best of your ability and live with the consequences.
Mar 8, 2020 6:25 AM

Mar 2016
Okay, now I understand why people ship Marco and Jean. It only took me four years! lol.

Everyone loved Marco, so I had been quite horrified to learn the truth about his death. I like how the characters reflect the audience's horror.

Gabi got kicked! That was satisfying!! I wish Jean hadn't apologised.

I always wanted Annie and Eren to be best friends. But, it looks like that won't be happening.

Floch has been detestable from the day of his introduction! I can't stand him!

I miss Eren. I want to know what he's actually doing, but that would remove the story's tension.

I love how Isayama builds hope in the middle of despair, and gently crushes it into tiny pieces. I wish I could write stories like him! His editor must also be fantastic at their job.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Attack on Titan Author upset about Pro Genocide criticism

deg - Apr 6, 2022

29 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jun 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - May 5, 2016

114 by CutieAnshin »»
Jun 1, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1871 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 6, 2016

110 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Mar 5, 2016

103 by CutieAnshin »»
May 24, 8:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.