Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 22, 2019 5:36 AM

Jun 2017
NickRedMachine said:
Because you need to be charismatic, you need a decent voice, you need to have editing skills, you need to WANT to do it, etc. It's not as simple as just watching a bunch of anime and then making a YouTube channel that instantly gets you a ton of subscribers.
This, also you need confidence which at least I lack
Nillwas said:
It exist two typ of anime youtubers in my view.

One, that just do it for money, love drama, talk shit about another youtubers, asking for donations and love to make drama.

The second one is the one that do videos beacuse he or she loves anime.

Sadly in my view the first typ is the one that rules the youtube.
And I think it will be a bit hard to over come that community that loves to watch anime youtubers that act like idiots.

But I wish we had more anime youtubers that make videos on just pure love and didn't ask for anything in return.
And didn't care what someone else thought about them.

But I woud love to see that too, it sound's like a damn good idé.
Can you name some of second type of AniTubers?

@Nillwas thanks, I watched some of her videos now. It's fun but not that much. Though I don't care about her "news" or "reaction to trailers" at all
mhkrSep 22, 2019 6:17 AM
Sep 22, 2019 5:37 AM

Jul 2017
because i have something better to deal with
Sep 22, 2019 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
mhkr said:
NickRedMachine said:
Because you need to be charismatic, you need a decent voice, you need to have editing skills, you need to WANT to do it, etc. It's not as simple as just watching a bunch of anime and then making a YouTube channel that instantly gets you a ton of subscribers.
Nillwas said:

One, that just do it for money, love drama, talk shit about another youtubers, asking for donations and love to make drama.

And I think it will be a bit hard to over come that community that loves to watch anime youtubers that act like idiots.

But I wish we had more anime youtubers that make videos on just pure love and didn't ask for anything in return.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOKkP8DOgWU4ykHwDDavqcw

Sep 22, 2019 5:49 AM

Aug 2018
Nillwas said:

This. Also because i would quickly devolve the channel into the main attraction being me instead of my arguments (because i love shitposting and cracking jokes).
The only way to make decent anime videos would be to NEVER create a persona or some mindset that wasnt purely objective. Essentially being completely emotionless.
Sadly seeing every single popular anituber out there, not a single soul watches that kind of content.
Also i hate anime, anime fans, anime animators, anime commites, almost every anime studio out there.

And finally i am actually a potential working member of society with professional skills who serve an actual purpose for the world we live in instead of being a waste of oxigen and a walking ad. Why waste several hours making a video that 200 people will see when i could be working, streaming, going out, exercising, etc.
CordobezEverdeenSep 22, 2019 5:53 AM
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 22, 2019 6:13 AM

Oct 2014
I actually am an anime Youtuber. I was already doing Youtube long before I got into anime so naturally my hobbies crossed paths and now most of my videos are anime related.
Sep 22, 2019 6:18 AM

Jul 2019
I watch anime for me, not for others. :p
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 22, 2019 7:07 AM

Dec 2015
mhkr said:
NickRedMachine said:
Nillwas said:

@Nillwas thanks, I watched some of her videos now. It's fun but not that much. Though I don't care about her "news" or "reaction to trailers" at all

I normal dosen't watch anime youtubers, I really are not a fan of those.
Why I'm following her and watch some of her videos is about the manga videos she does.
As I'm collector some of her videos is nice to watch.

Sep 22, 2019 7:28 AM

Aug 2014
To much work and will most likely get slammed with copyright.
Sep 22, 2019 7:56 AM

Oct 2015
Because I hate my voice and my confidence is shit :v
I actually have an almost finished video but im procastinating on it because it's focused on Mob Psycho II's score on MAL and people calling kt overrated but i keep telling myself it's not relevant anymore
Sep 22, 2019 8:08 AM
Apr 2019
I don't like showing my face and opening up to a world that is so opinionated
Sep 22, 2019 8:14 AM
Dec 2013
Because most anime fans are shut-ins and/or not socially compatible with YouTube xD
Sep 22, 2019 8:16 AM

May 2016
Because I've got problems in real life and people are gonna freak out if they see my face duhh
Sep 22, 2019 9:21 AM

Feb 2018
Because I'd rather finish Fate and the Monogatari series than edit one shitty video with 100 views max.

Sep 22, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2017
Youtube cut off that revenue stream as far as I know (after certain controversies over alt-rights and advertisers not wanting their ads associated with anything unwoke or not PC). It's a LOT harder unless you have video editing skills, and make pop videos and have a Patreon and slave like a real job for the whim of the peasants. haha.

Also why would I want people identifying me on the street as a weeb? I have other interests.

Fame isn't fun from what I've been able to tell.

Overall, maybe I would do it if I was passionate about video? I would probably do it in the style of narrating animation much like Gigcuck does. I'd have to take a class for that, though. Who knows if that would ever happen.
Sep 22, 2019 12:01 PM

Jun 2015
Shitaste said:
Youtube was never really the best platform to ensure you a secure future, even worse if you're gonna start your career right now. People would rather get a real job than just hoping that their channel gets a huge boost/shoutout one day by some big anituber.
Also, considering the fact that a good chunk of users here don't really watch any anitubers all that much, dare I say, dislike them, they wouldn't want to become one.
I personally do watch some of them, but I still can't see myself making a 20 minute video reviewing a mediocre show that no one would care for. If I wanna "review" a show so badly, I would be better off writing my thoughts of it here.
well that.

I dont make videos anyway.... and I dont watch new anime all that much
Sep 22, 2019 12:13 PM
Sep 2019
You need a good voice, a microphone, a set-up, a camera, a good personality, keep up with pressure and peoples bullshit, keep your opinions to yourself.

I'd rather be less known so people can't talk shit about my opinions, etc.
Sep 22, 2019 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
Because barely maintaining an AMV channel is good enough for me.

Sep 22, 2019 12:25 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
1. because the entire world doesn't need to know my opinion...

2. I'm not going to lie or say what i think the outrage mob wants to hear
Sep 22, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2013
Too much effort. Besides, my current jobs pays well. I don't need another one.
Sep 22, 2019 12:43 PM
Jun 2019
Because Unless you are the Anime man, Gurikk or Lost pause you aren't really going to go anywhere. It took those guys years to cultivate their internet fame, But you could boost your fame by following what is popular. Yes it sucks to pander but that's pretty much the only way to build your base up before you can talk about other things.
Sep 22, 2019 1:50 PM
Dec 2017
Because I have a real job which I really like and it pays me pretty well? That should be a good enough answer.

But to be honest, many people here have read more manga or watched more anime than many established youtubers. But being a youtube personality requires more than that. You need to have a good personality, a good sense of humour, good interaction with your audience etc. If you have the personality of a soggy biscuit, no matter how much you know about anime, your channel would be uninteresting.
D0Z3R2kSep 22, 2019 1:53 PM
Sep 22, 2019 1:57 PM
Jun 2019
D0Z3R2k said:
Because I have a real job which I really like and it pays me pretty well? That should be a good enough answer.

But to be honest, many people here have read more manga or watched more anime than many established youtubers. But being a youtube personality requires more than that. You need to have a good personality, a good sense of humour, good interaction with your audience etc. If you have the personality of a soggy biscuit, no matter how much you know about anime, your channel would be uninteresting.
Yeah you have to be willing to handle criticism, being an Anituber a really successful one takes confidence and charisma
Sep 22, 2019 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
A few reasons. One it would make me a hypocrite since I'm avidly against most anime Youtubers, I have no interest in them I am also personally opposed to reviews in general. More often than not it creates really toxic pockets in the community who can justify toxicity and misinformation by having a central "authoritative" figurehead.
Second is more of the technical side, editing videos already seems like a nightmare. Also, as I assume most people do, I hate hearing my own voice I would never want to work on anything that requires me to actively check my own voice.
Sep 22, 2019 2:04 PM

Jun 2015
I'd love to.

there's only 1 thing: People don't think im funny.

I tried being a yter. People disliked me so I quit

if i get 5 profile comments Ill give it a second shot!
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 22, 2019 2:12 PM
Dec 2017
Kamihimehunter said:
D0Z3R2k said:

Yeah you have to be willing to handle criticism, being an Anituber a really successful one takes confidence and charisma

Yes, most people who watch anime religiously are usually socially awkward kids. I don't think they'd able to handle the pressure. Also as many have pointed out. Video editing is shit job. I worked as a freelance video editor during my undergrad years and it was a bitch job. And I usually did 8-10 minute shortfilm edits. Being an anituber is a helish job mate.
Sep 22, 2019 2:27 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
1. I don't really care about anime youtubers-- or youtubers in general.

2. To get monetized/earn money, you do have to be pretty consistent. I don't have time to be as consistent as I'd need to be for THAT type of content.;; Anime youtubers not only have to watch the things, they then need to think of what they want to say about the thing, record that, edit that, etc. So actually having to watch these shows does create an extra step unless you're doing like a live react.

3. I'd have to brush up on editing skills, script-writing, etc. I don't even really have a decent video editor. Why'd they mess with Windows Movie Maker? It was basic and got the job done. OTL

4. I'd rather use my time making my own completely new content than to go on and on about someone else's content/create content directly based off of someone else's in a way that's probably not even contributing anything. However, this is where I use all the anime I've watched. I've seen things I've liked/didn't like. I've seen things that worked/didn't work. As I make my own unique content, I'll be able to keep those in mind and make something hopefully nice. You learn from other people's mistakes and victories.

5. I'm a full time student and I work. Even with the above goal, I don't have time to do even that right now.;;

I'll be able to create a little web series eventually though. I'm still settling into my schedule and kinda stupidly planned stuff that all ends in Novemnber. Hopefully I'll get the ball rolling after November. For now I'm just over-planning, ha hah.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 22, 2019 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
I have the personality of a sausage biscuit and don't take criticism well.
Sep 22, 2019 3:56 PM

Oct 2017
Because I have no software and am too occupied with time.

But unironically enough, I would actually make one just to state a few controversial thoughts and share my views on certain shows, anime or not.
I would probably get tired of it eventually, though.
Sep 22, 2019 3:59 PM

Jul 2019
Savasvania said:

Well at least you're honest, that's a great start to be an original anime youtuber lol.
Sep 22, 2019 5:27 PM

Mar 2015
I wouldn't know what to do.

Also can't afford the proper equpiment.
woah there
Sep 22, 2019 6:27 PM

Nov 2018
Because as looks it's not a simple task to make YouTube videos. It's a time consuming work as it needs many skills to make perfect videos that I don't I have.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Sep 22, 2019 6:36 PM

May 2016
Meh, I've never understood sentiments like this: "it seems like a waste to watch 2000+ shows or whatever and never do anything with your knowledge." People seem to think that because you possess knowledge, you're obligated to use it to educate others. That might apply to actual important fields to some degree, but at the end of the day, people are free to choose how they use their knowledge, and this is just...anime, nothing important, ultimately. Additionally, also consider that most people watch anime simply to enjoy it, not to lecture others about it. I feel I'd probably come to hate anime if I sunk a ton of time into not only watching things I wanted to watch, but also endlessly researching for YouTube videos, coming up with scripts about anime to keep my audience interested, kept up to date with all discussions during a season so I could discuss them on my channel, and responding to my audience regularly to then put their feedback into my videos. There's "turning a hobby into a career" and then there's "turning a hobby into an unnecessary workathon and earning next to no money for it and somehow still convincing yourself you enjoy it."
Sep 22, 2019 7:25 PM

Feb 2019
Because I got a shit taste and sucks at reviewing.
Sep 22, 2019 9:38 PM

Mar 2018
I would if not for the fact that most of the stuff I watch are like really outdated and don't get mentioned much. Like I'm watching AKB0048 now, who wants to hear about that? I actually do have all the equipment for YouTube from the past, spent a fuck ton of money on a microphone, learned to edit etc but im never actually bothered to do it. I also can't be bothered to review seasonals, just don't think its worth doing.
Sep 22, 2019 10:52 PM

Jul 2013
I have thoughts of going for it but I don't know if I should, people go hard on critics if you talk bad about some anime or just to defend their ideas and I from some past experiences managing a couple of projects I felt really bad when people started talking bad things to me.

Also is time consuming and I feel like I don't have the enough knowledge to post a content that I would be happy with, and also my way of talking is bad so that would require a lot of practice.

Making the videos get views is another problem, I have no idea how to make people care enough to watch them, maybe I can get a few hundread people watch it by sharing with a couple of friends and on social media but that's just not enough public.
I . A M . D E A D !  C O N T I N U E ?

INSERT COIN

Sep 22, 2019 11:01 PM
Jan 2012
My ability to convey my thoughts and opinions is something I've gradually learned how to do so my older videos would just be garbage and pretty mean spirited. Also I don't want to look at anime and think "that's part of my job, gotta watch it" instead of taking it at my own pace. If a popular show interests me I'll watch it but usually not immediately, but if I was a Youtuber I'd be forced to watch it to make videos as early as possible to get those clicks, and that's literally hampering my ability to enjoy anime.

Having something you like as your job isn't always the best idea for people like me.
Sep 22, 2019 11:10 PM

Nov 2011
Because I rather be gaming channel.

Sep 22, 2019 11:38 PM
Jun 2014
Sounds like a pain in the ass. No thanks.
Sep 23, 2019 12:07 AM

Nov 2014
Because I have a good well paid job already

Sep 23, 2019 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
Tbh, I actually want to be an anituber. However:
I don't watch that many shows as much as many anitubers I know
I'm camera shy and I have a shitty voice when recorded
Youtube's algorithm
And most importantly...

Sep 23, 2019 5:11 AM
Jul 2018
I have a job and I am too old for this. Would have done it, doe, if i were a teen.
Sep 23, 2019 5:36 AM

Jan 2014
I have a slight interest about it but......honestly, it looks like a hobby that needs a lot of investment and hard work to it
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 23, 2019 6:49 AM

Aug 2018
I have a garbage voice and I don’t feel like learning how to edit and whatnot, so I’ll just waste my time here instead!
Sep 23, 2019 7:07 AM

Nov 2016
You don't really need to watch that much to get started, the real problem is that I think it would require more skills that it might appears at first. In my case for instence I don't think I'm good enough to convey my thoughts into words especially for a 10 or more minutes video. Add to that that you also need some charisma, a decent to good voice and the patience to deal with the algorithm and it ends up being too much hustle. Oh and I never really wanted to either.
Sep 23, 2019 7:33 AM

Feb 2015
I think it's interesting, that so many say that they don't have what it takes. But just look at someone like Forneverworld: he has some crazy views and all he does it talk to a camera with little to no research on his topics and no video editing involved (also his mic is pretty bad too). Even Digibro often doesn't edit his videos (for example his infamous SAO video is just 1-hour long game footage).

Sep 23, 2019 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
ccause i dont even watch that match animu. i am barelya setp above casual.
Sep 23, 2019 10:13 AM

Jan 2018
Got nothing to say after I find myself mostly agreeing to what a youtuber said. His taste is more for plot quality which is acceptable as someone grows older so I would find myself forcing to watch anime just to keep up with younger people that would be the main fan base.

It's like you know minecraft fan base is big but can you force yourself to play/create minecraft content?
Sep 23, 2019 10:24 AM

Sep 2008
1. my topic of interests are: old anime, tits and gore.
everyone only cares about shows that are currently airing.
the second 2 are heavily censored by youtube.
2. I'm sure someone out there already has a channel about 80s and 90s ova.
3. I mostly just watch anime and have no behind the scenes knowledge.
4. judging by how all the people I know have stopped watching anime years ago, I don't think I can sell a single show to anyone.
5. even if I succeed I have to deal with c&d letters and whatnot
6. I would get jack shit for money, wasting hours on nothing.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Sep 23, 2019 10:40 AM
Jul 2018

Mostly because I am a big hairy beast of an adult male and I don't resonate with the many youths that identify as frying pans. While anime is my favorite hobby, I am in it as a consumer. You know the kids (and I am talking to you ages 18-24 college students) just want to fight over who is cooler for liking/hating cartoons, and I would rather just sit at home and drink beer enjoying the bulk of anime devil may care style. If I thought there was a single chance I could spread my love for the Anime and Manga formats, maybe annex some more "normies" into the fold, I'd give it a go. However, it would just end up with people I wouldn't shake hands with in real life trying to flex on me in the comments section. The anime fan base is sweaty, toxic, and shameful, and no one in their right mind would put out bait to try and lure them in.

Also, way to many Anitubers at their core are reaction channels, and reaction channels are theft. There are a some exceptions where the tubers actually work in the industry or exist as a rather talented critic, but for the most part its people boosting themselves on the efforts and ideas of someone else. Company spends many thousands of dollars making a product, AnAnimeDouche makes a few thousand dollars praising or shit talking the same products. Seems off. I am working on establishing myself in entertainment, but as an anituber, that is not my destiny, or maybe it is, probably not, but maybe.

Okay... no.

Hmmm

New Anime Channel coming soon.

or maybe it wont.

or will it?
Sep 23, 2019 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Savasvania said:

I just want to say, I love sausage biscuits. Do it you dreamy breakfast staple of fast food dynasties everywhere. Don't take the criticism, turn it into the spice of your ground pork excellence and sit proudly on top of of that golden buttery baked good dreams are made of. I believe in you!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 3 hours ago

16 by Entity72 »»
5 minutes ago

» Animation quality consistency.

Yuu_Kanzaki - 1 hour ago

8 by Merve2Love »»
16 minutes ago

» How to deal with anime backlog??

Xenofight - May 22

30 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you marry your favorite character if your government allowed this?

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

12 by Merve2Love »»
18 minutes ago

» How much anime do you watch till its considered alot?

adosimp - 3 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.