Jul 2013
More Toku-like series
More Onee/Shota series
More Mafia series
More crime series
More non- harem isekais

Jun 1, 2019 9:31 AM

Jun 2012
Something atmospheric that immerses you into the story. Something with such brilliantly done sound that even the tiniest details aren't overlooked and it becomes a matter of every little bit of detail adds up to a huge amount. The story, themes and exploration of characters doesn't necessarily matter. I just want something presented extremely well.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 1, 2019 10:37 AM

Feb 2017
More high quality original 25+ episode mecha shows please. Seems like there is big lack of them in last who knows how many years.
Also I would like a historical anime set in ancient Greece, Rome or some other ancient civilization around Mediterranean.
Jun 1, 2019 10:39 AM

Jan 2019
Sir_Alonne said:
Good Harem. There are barely any nowadays

Gotoubun no hayanome was pretty decent and the manga is good

Jun 1, 2019 11:08 AM
Apr 2018
Better battle shounens. The story must take place in a dangerous environments and the mc shouldn't have any desires such as "i will become xxxxx." İnstead there should be survival stories.The physical strength of the mc should not matter much (since they have super power abilities and the mc should obviously not act like a teen even if he is.

Well story doesn't have to be about surviving. There may be other alternatives.
Jun 1, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2018
-Good horror
-Anime that touch WW2 topics
-Anime about bonsai
Jun 1, 2019 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
I want to see more thriller and psychological anime.
Jun 1, 2019 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
-More COMPLETE adaptations, I'm sick of crappy "now go read the manga/novels" non-endings and cliff-hangers
-Finish all the 400+ incomplete storylines I've seen
-More mystery series, especially well-written long ones like Monster
-Someone of equal skill to the late Satoshi Kon in the industry to give us more psychological thrillers
-More Cyberpunk
-More Steampunk
-More Space operas
-More space-based science fiction without mecha like Starship Operators or Cowboy Bebop
-More real-robot mecha series
-More western-styled action series like Black Lagoon and Jormungand
-More action harem series like Sekirei, Highschool DXD, or Strike the Blood
-More crime dramas
-More Police mystery/dramas
-More War anime, can be either modern or historic.
KruszerJun 1, 2019 11:50 AM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jun 1, 2019 12:03 PM

Apr 2018
Cyberpunk, cyberpunk...... and cyberpunk

Sprinkle some Psychological and Thriller on top for a wild ride
Jun 1, 2019 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
Lila said:
Anime like the first episode of Goblin Slayer.~☆
Yes, actually. Dark or controversial themes in general is something i want a lot more of, more chances to get it right and tell a good story with great characterization.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jun 1, 2019 1:39 PM
Jun 2019
Lunilah said:
Lila said:
Anime like the first episode of Goblin Slayer.~☆
Yes, actually. Dark or controversial themes in general is something i want a lot more of, more chances to get it right and tell a good story with great characterization.

GOBLIN SLAYER !
(gonna copy paste a lil)
Couldn't have said it better myself tear-jerkers and great and dare I say better violence and brutality!

Id like less ecchi and yawn-ships and not going overkill on harem like "Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody" did in the end... anyway

I really just want more like Goblin Slayer
or more Goblin Slayer !

LocalSingleJun 1, 2019 1:57 PM
Jun 1, 2019 2:30 PM

Aug 2016
Lincompoop said:
...more mature-themed anime with lots of violence and brutality...

I have a bit different understanding of mature anime.
Anyway, I think anime needs more seinen stuff.
Jun 1, 2019 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
I want more:

1) Mature, and serious anime like Monster, but to also have the heart of anime like Monster; meaning they don't take themselves so seriously they end up being an edge-fest like Tokyo Ghoul, or gloomy as North Korea like Texhnolyze.

2) Full-blown ecchi like Highschool DxD, but with much more femdom; I'm talking dominatrix's, mixed with romance, because romance + femdom = the best, along with tall long haired girls

3) Pure insane anime like Jojo that raise the middle finger at logic, but still grounded enough to be comprehensible.

EDIT: 4) I forgot to add psychological anime. No, not just anime like Higurashi where characters go insane, but anime like Welcome to the NHK that really delve into different aspects of the human psyche.
Jun 1, 2019 3:05 PM

Sep 2015
More of the 80's and early 90's style ultra-violent and ultra-masculine shows with decent budget and production quality, not like Shouten no Ken.
Jun 1, 2019 3:38 PM

Aug 2018
Stuff like monster, Texhnolyze, and Lain. I just love weird shit, thriller, and serious mature themes.
Oh yeah and more time travel stuff. Time travel is by far my favorite theme.
KraykenJun 1, 2019 3:41 PM
warning this idiot is a professional retard
Jun 1, 2019 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
I'd like to see another anime like Magi, where characters travel across a magical sort of world similar to that depicted in Magi. I think that aspect of Magi was a huge contributing factor for the great enjoyment I derived from watching the series.
It's too bad that there is an incredibly low likelihood of there being a season 3.
Jun 1, 2019 3:52 PM

May 2019
More anime about assassins like hakata tonkotsu ramens or about crime and the mafia like banana fish, black lagoon and gungrave. I've fallen in love with that sort of thing. My favourite thing to see in shows is when they start out really light and innocent and turn really dark really fast but in a way that seems plausible. I'm in love with anime with an MC who's not entirely moral.
Jun 1, 2019 4:00 PM

Dec 2017
0% moe 0% ecchi 0% harem 50% mecha 50 % psychological

Jun 1, 2019 4:16 PM

Jul 2014
Rojitoki said:
Better battle shounens. The story must take place in a dangerous environments and the mc shouldn't have any desires such as "i will become xxxxx." İnstead there should be survival stories.The physical strength of the mc should not matter much (since they have super power abilities and the mc should obviously not act like a teen even if he is.

Well story doesn't have to be about surviving. There may be other alternatives.

I agree homeboy. Better Battle shounen definitely, Like you say with more unique MC or at least not the cardboard cut out nice guy straight arrow type. Also better world building would be nice as well.

I also would love to see more cyberpunk type settings in anime as well.
Jun 1, 2019 4:23 PM

Jul 2016
I want anime that are like Metal Fighter Miku.

Jun 1, 2019 4:33 PM

Mar 2019
More character interactions with the right amount of rivalry and sexual tension of the type of Sakuta–Mai, Eita–Masuzu or Kyousuke–Kirino in the character commentary (the actual series was way worse than the character commentary for whatever reason).

It's a more interesting subtype of the "tundere" I guess where he's not so much "Ohh, I'm so uncomfortable with my feelings and lash out in defence." but open about them but still snarky to the object of his feelings.

Rumor has it that it was going to be the original route of the Bashir–Garak relationship which is very much visible in the first episode executive meddling cut the sexual tension out.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 1, 2019 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
More Jojos, I need part 6 and 7......
Jun 1, 2019 4:43 PM

Nov 2013
more college/university aged characters outside of the SoL setting as the main characters.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 1, 2019 5:10 PM
Mar 2016
More historical romance anime
More adventure anime
More law-related anime
More tournament anime (not sports)
Jun 1, 2019 5:32 PM

Nov 2018
gimme more stuff like mob psycho. A bit of psychological, a bit of good action, great but not too much comedy, great character development, and a good pinch of serious moments when necessary but not making it forced in anyway so that it isn't anything to cringe at
Jun 1, 2019 5:41 PM
May 2019
More anime like " phantom requiem for the phantom"
Jun 1, 2019 5:42 PM

May 2018
Really well made music shows like Sakamichi no Apollon and Beck for example. We are getting Carole and Tuesday this season and so far its exactly what I want but its made me realize how much I wish we had more of this.
Jun 1, 2019 5:49 PM

Apr 2018
More anime with an asshole character like Kazuma. I'm kinda over all the "Ctrl+V Ctrl+P" protagonists with no personality or backbone.

Also want an interesting mystery or thriller; we don't get many of those often.
Jun 1, 2019 6:01 PM
Jan 2019
More Tear Jerkers
More Romance & RomCom
More Thrillers
More Pshycological

Bit of Mecha , Slice of Life.
Jun 1, 2019 6:37 PM

Apr 2019
- More Yuri that isn't just a bunch of non-consensual advances.

- More Iyashikei

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Jun 1, 2019 6:41 PM

Mar 2016
please anime god, give more vanilla hentai and yuri hentai with girls only.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Jun 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
More crazy unique stuff like Space Dandy and Panty & Stocking. I watched the first ep of Sarazanmai with friends and that definitely fits but I'd like more of this kind of anime.
Jun 1, 2019 7:02 PM

Sep 2014
more cyberpunk and late 19th century industrial steampunk settings

More dark or "mature" shows.

Shows wich dare to have a not self insert MC who also isnt 100% the good guy.

Maybe some nice sci fi again. Without some mutual understanding bs. Just give me Gunbuster style human vs mosnter aliens.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 1, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2014
I'd like some more mature romance anime. NOT ENOUGH
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜
Jun 1, 2019 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
Whenever I crave some steampunk there is almost nothing...

Would love some more steampunk setting anime that has an actually good story and characters. Kabaneri disappointed me.
Jun 1, 2019 7:58 PM

Jun 2011
Horror, something akin to Ghost Hunt or more traditional scary shit. Junji Ito's work honestly is not for me, and the only horror anime that I was actually horrified by is Ghost Hunt.

Action, just want some really good action anime, not Shingeki no Kyoujin or Mahouka or BnHA type of action but something like Mahou Sensei Negima, some classic hand to hand..

Murder mystery, will always be one of my favorite fiction genres, the situation the victims die in, the real motive behind the killing, the process to reveal the culprit, it's all very interesting

Good romance/yuri I guess, though we did get Bunny Girl Senpai and Yagate Kimi ni Naru recently, but I need moar. Shoujo romance seems to be dying though so it's pretty dang sad for me. Would've loved to get High School Debut anime, one of my very first shoujo romance manga and one of my favorite! Recent shoujo romance that got adapted are not really to my taste at all.

edit: oh hell yea I agree with posters above mine on more completed anime series.. I'd love to watch 2 cours anime like Toradora or Gosick that actually conclude the story and know when to end it. These days I see a lot of anime series like the anime with Kawaki wo Ameku opening theme that has like 150 chapters, like, dude, that's a damn long series for a romance drama.

edit: also, more fantasy series, not isekais even though I love those, but actual fantasy world without a protagonist that has knowledge of current world, kind of like historical drama but in a fantasy world instead.
ToG25thBaamJun 1, 2019 8:04 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 1, 2019 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
I would like more anime like:
+ shows that take place between the Victorian era and World War 2 in a western country (or something similar to that)
+ reverse isekais
+ crossovers (Isekai Quartet ain't enough)
+ a tsundere and a tsundere love story
+ shows that deal with disability and/or social issues

And most importantly
+ a show males, females and lolis are equally prominent and popular to one another. As well as the story being actually good
Jun 1, 2019 8:43 PM

Mar 2017
thriller

wakakkakakakakakakanda forevercharlimit
Jun 1, 2019 10:30 PM

Feb 2019
Lincompoop said:
I love tear-jerkers and I haven't had a good cry in a long time.
I would also like to see more mature-themed anime with lots of violence and brutality like Blood-C, AOT, Crybaby etc.
Never cried, well i did cry once, that was when itachi told sasuke "i will always love you" but i've watched alot of series and i havent cried, i cant get what that scene had in me.
Jun 1, 2019 11:51 PM

Dec 2015
i really want more anime where every episode has its own story instead of the whole season being one continuous story. for instance asobi asobase, k-on, aggressive retsuko, etc. they obvs have 1 set theme but every episode is its own thing. luv anime like that, its so much easier to get into ^p^
Jun 2, 2019 12:01 AM

Apr 2013
More thriller, drama, mystery anime. More shoujo would be cool too. Tbh I’ll take anything that is not a 5-min short, fantasy mobile game adaptation or isekai anime. (I dont hate the isekai idea per se, but these days we have waaayy too many anime that take place in an rpg like world, its seriously getting so overdone)
Jun 2, 2019 12:02 AM

Jun 2017
the only anime i want more of is good anime :p

in all seriousness though, lately i've been wanting more unique fantasy settings and premises, as well as engaging character studies. Sadly seasonal anime rarely fit the bill :/

if y'all got any recommendations for these types of shows i've got open ears.
Jun 2, 2019 12:11 AM

Jun 2015
I would like to see more iyashikei personally.
:)
Jun 2, 2019 12:12 AM

Jan 2016
It doesn’t matter what the subject matter isーas long as the story & characters can be emotionally compelling. It would be nice to see another series like Katanagatari that focuses on the geo-political bearings of different regions of Japanーduring the Edo eraーall while creating quirky, colorful characters that have interesting abilities. Also tend to like characters that have human flaws (circulating around trauma, desires, or failures) like those in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Space Runaway Ideon, & Urusei Yatsura.

ExtraーI also like series with loli, genki girls put in dark or unusual situations (i.e. Higurashi no naku Koro Ni or Shigofumi)ーalso, I miss aesthetics that have a doll-like, Victorian appeal to them. Since the era of Rozen Maiden, those types of designs have been severely lacking in Japanese animation. Things of that nature have only been carried in legacy, like the (still massive) Touhou doujin community.
EggheadLunaJun 2, 2019 12:33 AM
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Jun 2, 2019 12:41 AM
Nov 2016
Need more anime that uses tons of gore, preferably crime aswell.

Jun 2, 2019 1:38 AM

Jun 2016
Black Lagoon/Cowboy Bebop, basically crime drama/action done right.

Actually moving tearjerkers like Your Lie In April and A Silent Voice.
Jun 2, 2019 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
I might get flamed for this, but I want more isekai!
Jun 2, 2019 1:50 AM

Aug 2017
More shows, very similar to my favorite list or 90% clones.
Jun 2, 2019 2:37 AM

Jan 2019
shows likes to discuss politics or managing a nation/country.

example. log horizon series
cl_skinnyguyJun 2, 2019 2:15 PM
Jun 2, 2019 2:45 AM

Nov 2017
Shoujo Ai/Yuri like Bloom Into You
OP anime like OPM and Overlord
Just good comedy

plz @ me
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AI is now capable to create animation

DrkSeid69 - 1 hour ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Is Fall 2024 Shoujo/Josei season?! 😲

Dauphine - 3 hours ago

3 by Dauphine »»
38 minutes ago

» Anime genres that rose in popularity and gained relevance as time went on ?

tchitchouan - 59 minutes ago

3 by Spunkert »»
45 minutes ago

» Anime genres that declined in popularity or lost relevance and with time ?

tchitchouan - 1 hour ago

5 by tchitchouan »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is sound design in Anime

ST63LTH - Yesterday

14 by deg »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.