Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 11, 2019 8:17 PM

Oct 2015
That was a unique way to showcase an isekai anime.

It would've been perfect if it didn't lack visuals and acting. The actors really lacked delivery and looks, they should've used BTS or any of those K-pop boy bands because they looked like anime characters.

It is what it is.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 11, 2019 8:41 PM

Oct 2014
WOOOO that was *great*. I might stick around for another episode although this thing better not be longer than 12 or 13 episodes. And since I can't see it getting higher than a 6 it could qualify for the anime watching challenge in novice level, watch a shoe with a score of 6 or lower. I find shows I like at 6.75+ or maybe 6.5 but as soon as the score drops below 6 they get kind of stinky.

Why does mal say this series episodes are 1 minutes, that was a full 25 for ep. 1.
Jan 11, 2019 9:35 PM

Dec 2008
I don't even know what to feel
Jan 11, 2019 10:36 PM

Oct 2012
Definitely not my thing but I suppose it's not a terrible idea. I mean, at least it didn't feature youtubers.
Jan 12, 2019 12:53 AM

May 2015
It's just a rock!

If only we had teachers this nice...

"You must defeat the demon of destruction. If not, you humans are all doomed!"
*grabs rock*
GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE! LOL!

"I'm smart even in my dreams." How the hell do you know that? Lol.

That's a pretty creative puzzle...

I don't mind the CGI, but the facial expressions are too stiff. It's either just stiff CGI, or they're using motion capture for the body movements here...

So an anime about 4 students and a teacher entering a world where a sphinx challenges them to solve puzzles or they get eaten and lose what is precious to them. I don't care what anyone says. This anime looks like fun. Give me more!
TarotistJan 12, 2019 1:00 AM
Jan 12, 2019 1:03 AM

Jan 2016
shit be looking like VRCHAT roleplay
Jan 16, 2019 11:37 AM
Apr 2016
Ginger-Twat said:
2ego said:
What the heck is this? Honestly, it didn't even look like an anime, it looked like a VRChat video game, nothing like anime...

Boi, it's an animation that came form Japan... That is anime. Doesn't matter if it looks good or not, cg is still animation. Hence why even clay-motion is on this site.

There were like 5 minutes of *animation* which didn't even look like animation, and I doubt that it was animated, probably bitches opened vrchat and filmed it lol. It's not an anime if 80% of the footage is literally not even animated.
Jan 16, 2019 5:17 PM

Mar 2013
Its so bad, its funny. I cringed so bad at the beginning with the live-action.
The part I busted out laughing was when Glasses and the others were freaking out about their hands going through their bodies.
I can't tell if they are animating the 3D characters so poorly on purpose or not, lol
Jan 16, 2019 11:15 PM
May 2015
Sorry but I couldn't finish it. The cringe is too much. I'm fine with virtual san looking but the acting in this anime is really bad.
Jan 17, 2019 3:00 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Eugh. I wasn't fond of Nazotokine, so I wasn't prepared for something else like it. I was going by the MAL synopsis, but as I watch and actually LISTEN to the PV, they do make it pretty clear that it's a puzzle anime. One of the genre tags definitely should have been "Game" from the start.

Anyway, by the way they got the whole self aware animation thing going, I can't say I have the highest expectations of the show. I think they expect their actors to kinda take the show to the highest point their work can go. It's actually kinda a shame, because while there ARE some anime that have done the whole anime and screen acting mixed media idea, it's still rare to see it. It could be some really interesting stuff, but they kinda just took it in the cheapest way possible in order to save them costs instead of making something fun and good. They were kinda just like, "Let's get this arm shit out of the way right now, because we know people are going to talk crap about it". Notice how after that conversation about the arms ended, no one cared anymore. It was to point out their flaws and try to make it seem like, "We know. We know it's bad too, but it's funny, isn't it? So laugh at it with us!" Sadly, I cannot. I can't laugh with you for actually ATTEMPTING to make a so-bad-it's-good anime-- like, you've settled for making something that seems low budget thinking, "Lol It doesn't matter. If we're self-aware then they'll forgive us". No. You need to actually try.

It's like if I draw a crappy picture for my mom for her birthday or something-- not because I can't do better or because it was meant to be a joke, but just because I couldn't be bothered. But I go up to my mom anyway and play it off as if it WAS meant to be a joke drawing-- that the flaws of the drawing are meant to be the joke. She might laugh a little (IF she drew enough to understand the flaws of the drawing in the first place), but in the end she'd be asking, "This was for me though, right? But what am I supposed to do with this? The joke's over, so should I just throw this away?" For the anime, this would be when it's either put up on display to further the joke or dropped like a hot potato since the "joke" is over. Because it's not actually a joke. Pointing out your ridiculous flaws is not actually a joke. It can be funny, but it's not a joke. And so from there it just kinda becomes... pathetic unless you actually try to improve.

Debiru_kyato said:
Aside from the terrible CG, Is there other anime that have live action?
Yeah, sure. Depends on what you'd consider live-action though.
There's Gokiburi-tachi no Tasogare, Isu (https://myanimelist.net/anime/29293/Isu?q=chair), some parts of Kuuchuu Buranko, Ad Lib Anime Kenkyuujo, an episode of Hataraku Onii-san! (Season 2), or Nami just to name some.

(And this is kinda me just musing to myself now.) However, MAL doesn't count the non-animated parts if they can get away with it. Even for this anime it was, of course, a nearly 25 minute anime, but MAL didn't count any of the non-animated parts as part of the episode and has it listed as ten minutes per episode. Personally, I think this is misleading considering that you can't separate the non-animated segment and the animated segment and still understand the show. It's a mixed media project. So it's possible that next episode will have way more than 10 minutes of animation yet still be at 25 minutes. At that point, I'd just set the duration at 24/25 minutes and least write in the "More Info" section that a large part of the show is filled with non-animated segments. Or for Gokiburi-tachi no Tasogare, they said it's a "hybrid film", so go with "hybrid show" and put the full duration perhaps?

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 17, 2019 5:47 PM
Aug 2017
Is anyone going to mention that animation glitches was part of the script & the fact that the "2D world" is in 3d animation?

Its so bad its good Ill probably watch every episode.
Jan 28, 2019 9:23 AM

Feb 2014
I was expecting something terrible, but this is actually somewhat of a "so bad is good" show.
MAL says episodes are 10 minutes, but this is full length, oh well, I commited to watching this already.
The live-action parts were certainly more fun.
"Demon of Destruction" huh?, better than "Demon Lord" like most generic Isekai anime I guess.
Feb 13, 2019 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
I only watched this chapter because I heard the voice of Suwabe Junichi on the PV.
Jul 6, 2019 6:05 AM

Jul 2015
I have so many questions like who thought this would be a good idea? why was that guy picking up a rock? why they touching a mysterious flying rock? Why is the cgi much worse than berserk 2016?

Jul 30, 2020 6:59 AM

Mar 2016
Seeing all these degenerate comments in this and other episode forum threads of this series, which included some stating they were “enlightened” or something, it basically confirmed my decision to insta-drop after the first episode back then was the right one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The ultimate isekai?

Cevoy - Dec 17, 2018

34 by ST63LTH »»
Dec 15, 2021 9:18 PM

» This should be 24 min. per ep. and not 10 min.

GuidSMR - Feb 14, 2019

8 by ST63LTH »»
Dec 15, 2021 9:17 PM

Poll: » Dimension High School Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

15 by blank »»
Dec 16, 2020 10:27 AM

Poll: » Dimension High School Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

19 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2019 8:18 AM

Poll: » Dimension High School Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

9 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2019 8:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.