Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 7, 2018 4:23 PM

Jan 2018
I feel sorry for Hayama.
But Souma, you got this rite?

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
May 7, 2018 4:27 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode.

I loved the fanservice of the twins XD

Also, I like the rivalry between Soma and Hayama.
May 7, 2018 5:54 PM

May 2015
joe_g7 said:
"I was forced into an alliance with Azami, and instead of just trying to accomplish my goals. I'm also gonna be a douchebag to everyone, cause why the fuck not?" --- You know what? Fuck this logic, and fuck Hayama too.

More comedy and chibi undermining the drama. More explaining about ingredients, their "history" and all that bullshit. More rambling during cooking. More overreacting bullshit. I just can't anymore...I'm forever done with this anime. Dropped.

A lot of the things you're complaining about have been in the show since episode 1. lol. Don't see how it's all of a sudden a problem.

May 7, 2018 6:14 PM

Dec 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
A lot of the things you're complaining about have been in the show since episode 1. lol. Don't see how it's all of a sudden a problem.
I binged the first two seasons, so it wasn't as noticeable. At that time I was just starting out anime too. Now that I'm watching it week-by-week after all this time, it's different. Although at this point, I doubt even binging the show would make it any better. Oh and also, people's preferences and tastes change over time. I know, mind-blowing, right?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 7, 2018 6:17 PM

May 2015
joe_g7 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:
I binged the first two seasons, so it wasn't as noticeable. At that time I was just starting out anime too. Now that I'm watching it week-by-week after all this time, it's different. Although at this point, I doubt even binging the show would make it any better. Oh and also, people's preferences and tastes change over time. I know, mind-blowing, right?

From an 8 to a 1 though?

May 7, 2018 6:19 PM

Dec 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
From an 8 to a 1 though?
Nope. Actually, it went from an 8 to a 5 (previous season), to a 1 (current season). I just couldn't find anything redeeming. And believe me, I tried.
May 7, 2018 7:11 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Such an intense episode. It seems Hayama is a prisoner more than anything. But the steaks are as high as they've ever been. Usually the person who shows their dish second wins, so now I'm really nervous for Soma.

Congratulations Nassan for having the finest wife of all time.
May 7, 2018 9:31 PM
Mar 2018
The episode was mostly good. The revelations of Hayama's backstory as to why he betrayed his friends and joined the Central!!! Although i wished the cooking battle should have started a bit earlier. It started in the second half of the episode. And at the end of the episode Yukihira came with a counter to Hayama's dish.!! Well still certain surprises are left !!! The DETAILS!!!! But a lot of foodgasms till the end
May 7, 2018 9:42 PM

Jan 2015
Aaww, that Soue person sure have a point there when he talk about which is the most adorable in the world. Can't argue, not even a bit about that one. :3
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 7, 2018 9:58 PM

Apr 2013
Uh oh, it rarely ends well for the guy who gets his dish tasted first. Here's hoping you can buck the trend Yukihira.
May 7, 2018 11:48 PM

Jul 2012
Souma served first 😱 But there’s still that gravy...

It’s hard to see anyone but possibly Kurokiba winning against the Elite 10. Little Aldini brother is facing off against fucking Eishi!! I wonder what’ll happen. They can’t send all those characters home, can they? At least not for too long.
May 8, 2018 12:53 AM

Dec 2013
I love how Souma didn’t react to Doujima in the slightest.

Twins fanservice was quite nice.

Souma is serving first...
May 8, 2018 1:06 AM

Sep 2011
joe_g7 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:
From an 8 to a 1 though?
Nope. Actually, it went from an 8 to a 5 (previous season), to a 1 (current season). I just couldn't find anything redeeming. And believe me, I tried.

You're joking right? Like, even if you didn't like the story/characters surely at least the art/animation are above the level of a 1/10
May 8, 2018 1:15 AM

Dec 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
You're joking right? Like, even if you didn't like the story/characters surely at least the art/animation are above the level of a 1/10
The art/animation in this season is the worst in the series so far. And as I said, I couldn't find anything redeeming with this season. That includes everything.
May 8, 2018 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
joe_g7 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
The art/animation in this season is the worst in the series so far. And as I said, I couldn't find anything redeeming with this season. That includes everything.

The art/animation has gone downhill since season 1 sure. But there's no way anyone with functioning eyeballs can honestly say it's at 1/10 levels of bad.
May 8, 2018 1:39 AM

Dec 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
The art/animation has gone downhill since season 1 sure. But there's no way anyone with functioning eyeballs can honestly say it's at 1/10 levels of bad.
I know I'm stating the obvious here, but, it's not like my score is going to define how others see this anime. It's just how I felt about the package as a whole. That's it. I liked nothing.
May 8, 2018 1:52 AM

Sep 2011
joe_g7 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I know I'm stating the obvious here, but, it's not like my score is going to define how others see this anime. It's just how I felt about the package as a whole. That's it. I liked nothing.

I really don't feel like "liking it" is a relevant factor. I don't like Attack on Titan or Bleach but I can at least respect that they aren't anywhere near bad enough to reach 1/10 territory.
May 8, 2018 1:58 AM

Dec 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I really don't feel like "liking it" is a relevant factor. I don't like Attack on Titan or Bleach but I can at least respect that they aren't anywhere near bad enough to reach 1/10 territory.
Doesn't matter if you think it's relevant or not. You're you; I'm me. This is how I rate.
May 8, 2018 2:46 AM

Sep 2011
joe_g7 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Doesn't matter if you think it's relevant or not. You're you; I'm me. This is how I rate.

Whatever then dude. You're allowed to be wrong I guess. This is the internet after all.
May 8, 2018 2:51 AM

Dec 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Whatever then dude. You're allowed to be wrong I guess. This is the internet after all.
Riiiiight, whatever you say...
May 8, 2018 3:00 AM

Sep 2011
joe_g7 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Riiiiight, whatever you say...

Whatever bro. If you really believe the show isn't at least competently drawn then I really don't know what to tell you.
May 8, 2018 4:08 AM

Jul 2015
Welp, Hayama's story went down about how I expected it. Also daaaaaammmn they freaking ripped. And those judges... they cute... all three of them. Also that fan-service.

As the Blonde Dude said, I didn't think all of them would make it through this round since they are facing up against the 10, in fact, I'm expecting all the supporting characters to be cut. But guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 8, 2018 2:48 PM

Nov 2017
Raizel said:
That was a decent episode I wonder if they finish the exam in the next episode.

Yup. It's kinda sad how I relieved I felt when I realised this was a decent episode, not amazing, but decent, I could finally go up from a 3 to a 4 on the scale above lol

I really hope the standard improves for this season although I can only predict that happening slowly over time rather than an overnight difference in story and animation standard.

fingers crossed.
May 8, 2018 5:31 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good episode! :3 it was about time it shows an amazing shokugeki challenge like this one. It's been a while!
Can't wait to see the results next week >.> I hope Souma can win this match, but I somehow have my doubts... Hayama is amazing with his god hands, so ^^;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 8, 2018 7:04 PM

Sep 2009
Still disappointed on how they adapted this scene, ;_; I was really looking forward to it. T_T
May 9, 2018 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
I couldn't care less what Hayama's reasons are for joining Central. He could be fighting to find a cure for cancer or to end world hunger I still fucking hate the guy. He just annoys me ever since. Alice's sidekick who yells a lot is more tolerable tbh. Also if these rebels beat the elite 10 they shouldn't just automatically pass the exam, they should replace them.
May 9, 2018 6:59 AM

Oct 2008
A highly intense episode!
both Hayama & Yukihira have equally high pride!
i really don't know who will win...maybe a draw!?
on a side note (a bit unrelated) Fo'xTails has disbanded...such an awesome band if I may say.
5/5.

May 9, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2007
nice episode, but at this point of the series, its obvious everyone will pass the exam win.

Twin girls in a bikini bear suit. Call the FBI and ONU, Lolis are in danger!
May 9, 2018 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
If there are people who don't lose in this challange Ill be severely disappointed. I can see Yukihira losing but not being expelled due to some kind of twist. But Izami was going up against the 1st seat..COME ON NOW!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 9, 2018 1:26 PM

Sep 2015
lol you gotta love those Shokugeki-no-Souma quotes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://ibb.co/gjHidy
OzoxMay 9, 2018 1:39 PM
May 10, 2018 12:55 PM

Dec 2014
IN Anime every dish seems wonderful but the actual taste is sometimes questionable
May 10, 2018 9:52 PM

May 2017
I'm looking forward to seeing the animation after everyone finishes their exams. It's one of my favorite moments from the series. I hope they get to that point next episode, but they'll probably drag out Soma vs. Hayama for another episode.
"No matter how silly it is, you can talk about tomorrow because you have a tomorrow."
- Subaru Natsuki

upload pic
May 11, 2018 2:04 AM
May 2018
Man, I like Shokugeki, really, but I just gotta note that I feel it's falling in quality. This episode is just like the epitome of mediocre.

Soma and Hayama get a really interesting challenge... bear meat. I mean hey, cool, weird ingredient right? But then when the fuckin loli judges eat his bear burger, they're just like... YUM. IT'S TASTY. IT'S LITERALLY SWEET SALTY AND BITTER OOH YEAH.

LIKE HERE'S ME WANTING TO EAT THE DAMN BURGER, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IT TASTES LIKE. I COULD EAT MY FUCKIN TOENAIL, THAT'S SWEET SALTY AND BITTER TOO.

Can they spend like at least more time researching how the fuck these things would taste, or have some insight, because other times, i can feel like i'm eating the food vicariously. This was just some lazy ass or uncreative shit right here, not satisfied.

May 11, 2018 2:58 AM
Oct 2015
Got two new loli girls this episode with an interesting introduction, and the show wastes no time to give them the foodgasm.
I got goosebumps at the end when Akira was walking up to the judge's table to serve his dish, each step he took the more nervous I got, also Souma's quick comment also made it a bit more intense.
Heckle was here...
May 12, 2018 12:43 AM

Mar 2009
Great episode. Berta and Cilla are really cute.
May 16, 2018 10:10 AM

Jan 2014
twin loli, damn that's double kill
May 19, 2018 7:43 AM

Jan 2015
It felt so fast! Damn, I hope Soma wins this time!
May 19, 2018 4:28 PM

May 2015
Nice twins. Love fanservice too. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 9, 2018 8:56 PM

May 2012
Damn cliffhanger! Boy that was intense, really epic episode if you ask me and it was really building up to that moment that we now only get to see next episode!

Still really wonderful, looking forwards to see what's next.
Nov 22, 2018 6:48 AM

May 2013
Lmaoooo, Alice's dad is like a combination of Kariya from Bleach + Hughes from FMA hahaha

Did I see a Hajime no Ippo ref? huehuehue ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I hope Souma-kun wins :3
Nov 23, 2018 5:35 AM

Aug 2013
lol at the twin's reactions to Souma's food.

Good episode as always.

Nov 27, 2018 3:03 PM

Jun 2015

These girls are lovely. The spoon scene is unforgettable.

Jun 6, 2019 4:32 AM

Feb 2013
Can he really defeat Hayama?
Jul 12, 2019 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
Probably the best episode in this 2nd part of the 3rd season. I like how Yukihira threw an insult straight at Hayama's face, now destroy him next episode!
Jan 11, 2020 7:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Foodgasm scenes never cease to be hilarious xD Souma's bear meat seems to be really great but I'm afraid by Akira's one... I hope Souma will win.
Apr 3, 2020 11:18 PM

Aug 2017
Look how Azami and the bad guys ruined the character development of Hayama just for the sake of facing Souma.

The only relevant thing was that they showed Alice's dad, Nassan, here. Everything else is just forced conflict and filler.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 14, 2020 3:59 PM

Mar 2010
Man I love how Yukihira loses, really makes the anime more enjoyable. But damn I kinda want him to win vs that beta who took the easy road out.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 8, 2021 1:18 AM

Dec 2012
For Jun?
lol at Gin.
Recorded data 10-11-2012?
Soma searches for Akira.
Megumi and Takumi are facing Rindo?
Erina.
Nikumi oppai.
Ryo has the Buster Sword?
Cilla and Berta.
Nakiri Soe? Alice father.
Fried chicken.
Umami or stink.
Dat lick.
Kumashock! Dat ass!
Dat orgasm.
Dat approval.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 13, 2021 8:16 AM

Jul 2017
The bear showdown feels less interesting and intense than I hoped it to be, particularly because the female judges didn't really add anything to the commentary and the animation continues to be frustratingly mediocre to the point of nerfing any sort of interest this matchup tries to produce. That love and charm of that first season is nowhere to be seen here.
Oct 23, 2021 6:51 PM

Sep 2015
The crunch on the fried bear has the sounds make me hungry now
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2018

105 by Kalathios »»
Sep 13, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2018

179 by duragon49 »»
Aug 8, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 11 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

21 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

28 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.