Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2018 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
This episode gave me some cozy feeling overall. My plus point for this show was the soundtrack which was really soothing and fits well(and plays all the time too). I really liked Rin's character alot and her whole 'pro-like' actions amuses me (the best camping tutor I'd say) but didn't really like Nadeshiko (hopefully other cast will be interesting).
On the whole, this just another enjoyable show for me (as a SoL genre) so will be sticking with this show to the end for sure! [also nice to see this show airs on my right day too ^_^]

removed-userJan 4, 2018 2:07 PM
Jan 4, 2018 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
The whole episode left me feeling really relaxed, happy and upbeat. Since there's quite a handful of SoL shows this season, I'm happy that Yurucamp has gotten off to a very good start. =)

From the lovely background art, cutesy character designs and the Jackson 5 style OP song, there's a lot to look forward to this show in future episodes, including the other main characters too.

The show even gave the little pine cones a tiny voice as well, which was really adorable. =3
Jan 4, 2018 2:12 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Oh, that episode was so heartwarming and adorable <3 Made me feel cosy and relaxed. Can't wait for next week. Definitely a feel-good show.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jan 4, 2018 2:13 PM

Sep 2015
Nice first episode, so far I like the characters.
This will probably be one of those comfy shows that you can easily watch after coming home from work/school.

I don't know if its just me but the beginning of the op strongly reminds me of "ABC" from Jackson 5.
Jan 4, 2018 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
Tbh I didn't have high expectations for this anime, but that episode turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Normally I'm not a fan of such relaxed SoL series, but somehow I enjoyed the watch. Rin is really nice character and while Nadeshiko isn't as good she's at least likeable and not irritating. We haven't seen much of a three other girls yet, but from that few moments of screentime they had they seemed also pretty nice. Overall I'm glad I added this show to my seasonal watchlist, it seems to be a perfect thing to watch after a stressful day ^^

Oh, and for some reason I found that pinecone saying "hello" extremely cute, I watched that scene at least a few times xD
Jan 4, 2018 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good start, seems like nice enough slice of life. I enjoyed Yama no Susume, I'm gonna enjoy this too.

Seems like heartwarming show so far, and both characters are pretty likeable.
Jan 4, 2018 3:23 PM
Jan 2015
I love the music and digging the vibe of this show thoroughly. Was smiling the whole episode.
Jan 4, 2018 3:44 PM
Nov 2017
The Eagle Scout of yesteryear in me was screaming happily with this show.

I went into this blind, and was pleasantly surprised. So laid back, so chill, great music, nice art, very helpful and informative, shows safety precautions, very environment healthy.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. Also, that pinecone blew my heart up, very kawaii.
Jan 4, 2018 4:12 PM
Aug 2010
That was relaxing, was just checking everything now that the season just started and this hooked me up inmediately. This probably won't become the anime of the season but as long as the refreshing feeling continues it will be worth the time.
Jan 4, 2018 4:16 PM

Apr 2016
Memorable soundtrack, gorgeous art, likable characters. I love it :)
Jan 4, 2018 4:20 PM

Feb 2015
Really great first episode. The soundtrack and nice background art really made it feel immersive. We're just getting introduced to the characters - I like the 2 we know so far. Sounds like there will be more nice comfy camping trips in this anime so I'll definitely keep watching! I have high hopes for this anime...
Jan 4, 2018 4:41 PM

Apr 2012
The pine cone was the cutest.
Jan 4, 2018 4:51 PM

Jul 2010
Already found my AOTS.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Jan 4, 2018 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
EcchiKingMamster said:
dominik said:
relaxing mood and nice visuals. just the right thing you need on a rainy and cold day in january.

anyway... the beginning of the OP sounds like ABC from jackson 5. not? really awsome!!

LOL i came here to comment the same thing

damnit was gonna do the same as well it's either that or I Want You Back, guess i wasn't crazy after all lol

this show is right up my alley CGDCT with a comfy af atmosphere art is nice with it being silver link was hoping the background scenery would be on pair with non non biyuri it's close but could be better.

OP and ED are nice soft listens fits well with this personally was expecting to hear some Ray or Fhana
Jan 4, 2018 5:15 PM

Mar 2015
The main reason I started watching this was because of Kirara Fantasia's announcement to include this anime into the crossover game. Can't believe I ended up enjoying it.

I mean seriously, Touyama Nao playing a kuudere character and even Takahashi Rie is in this. Can't wait to see their chibi form in Kirara Fantasia.

Twitter announcement for anyone interested: https://twitter.com/kirarafantasia/status/948932614110498821

Mirror: https://streamable.com/3l4ao

So far, it's really a heartwarming and nice slice of life episode for my wholesome anime of the season. Especially since Blend-S ended... though they will soon come to Kirara Fantasia too.

Jan 4, 2018 5:23 PM

May 2015
Wow, that was a great first episode. Really enjoyable and relaxing, and the two girls are great so far, especially Nadeshiko. She's adorable!

I can see myself enjoying this one every week!

Jan 4, 2018 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
Was really not expecting this. I expected a lot more Yuri action around the campfire. This was actually pretty informative. Plus the opening was freaking amazing! I absolutely loved the art, animation, and background music as well, especially the music!

Characters were really enjoyable as well. I'll def be keeping on this anime.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 4, 2018 6:01 PM

Oct 2012
Damn you all I thought this could be one of the shows I could skip but the consensus, here, is almost unanimously positive.
Jan 4, 2018 6:03 PM

May 2014
lmfao the mc already broke fire safety (always have a bucket of water on hand with a fire 1 and 2 don't leave your fucking fire unattended) and leave no trace (placing your fire directly on the ground damages the soil iirc) rules

hope she has fun sleeping with the bugs too, seeing as she left her tent flap and sleeping bag unrolled/open the entire episode.

fun anime tho

Jan 4, 2018 6:48 PM

May 2014
I can already tell this is the start of something wonderful! The opening scene set the tone perfectly and the rest of the episode played wonderfully into said tone. Really love the characters so far, the art style, and the general atmosphere of the anime. Can't wait for the rest!
Jan 4, 2018 6:53 PM

Dec 2016
This is probably going to be the "watch before you sleep" show for me this season mainly due to the calm and comforting atmosphere as well as it being pretty gorgeous to watch and soothing to listen to
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 4, 2018 6:58 PM

Sep 2016
damn this anime legit made me feel warm and cozy im vibing with it
Facta Non Verba
Jan 4, 2018 6:59 PM

May 2017
Pretty mediocre in all aspects tbh, not disappointed or anything already had low expectations for it. Gonna drop this and focus on other anime coming out don't wanna waste precious watching time on a 6
Jan 4, 2018 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
Very relaxing anime. This is going to be perfect to calm me down during stressful school days. Can't for more!
Jan 4, 2018 7:24 PM
Oct 2017
i can finally watch something off-beat for a change. i don't even know how to set up a tent but this girl made it look so easy😍
Jan 4, 2018 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
Synopsis
Rin likes to go camping by herself along the lakes that provide a scenic view of Mt. Fuji. Nadeshiko loves to take cycling trips by herself to places where she can see Mt. Fuji. After they meet, Rin and Nadeshiko take camping trips, eat cup ramen together, and enjoy the scenery.

Ok. Can someone edit that synopsis please. I don't know who put it in there. But something is a near miss with this. ^

Anyway, yeah good anime CGDCT compared to the one from Madhouse. I like this more but the animation/art/character design not to my liking. Could have been better.
Jan 4, 2018 8:04 PM

Jun 2016
I wasn't expecting much, but I loved this. Very cozy and very cute. It makes me want to go camping too.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jan 4, 2018 8:26 PM

Aug 2015
I enjoyed this since I go camping a lot and I liked comparing the different techniques, equipment, site regulations, and other stuff I can relate to. Only thing I'd call bs on is her getting cell reception, especially in the mountains. Idk if reception and towers work different in Japan, but just in the woods alone I cant get shit when I camp.

Nov 2010
Very nice start. i like it so far.

EcchiKingMamster said:

dat Jackson 5 intro

Ooooh, ok, now i get it. i was wondering where did i hear that kinda of songs before. interesting.
Jan 4, 2018 8:39 PM

Jul 2017
Log Horizon's Akatsuki goes camping, continuing simply because of this
Jan 4, 2018 8:46 PM
Jul 2017
Cute show and really chilled plus the Jackson 5 sounding intro XD
Jan 4, 2018 9:53 PM

Mar 2009
Damn. This was fantastic. Relaxing and serene atmosphere. And the music adds to that.

Also, nee-san <3
Jan 4, 2018 9:58 PM

Jul 2014
Very relaxing and charming. First episode and I already love Rin.
Jan 4, 2018 10:01 PM

Oct 2010
great voice cast. a bit slow but still enjoyable. Fantastic soundtrack and ending theme

There's the ending theme's official music video: ふゆびより https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EX3tQWswj0
Just so beautiful
Jan 4, 2018 11:25 PM

Apr 2009
It's like this show was made for me! Soft atmosphere, relaxed pace, and funny in a way that makes the whole experience worthwhile. More than anything, though, this just brings on waves of nostalgia for me--bringing me back to my days in Boy Scouts.

From the numerous tools Rin uses to the instruction on starting a fire, everything is so accurate that it makes me want to break out my gear and just spend the weekend in the woods! I could nit-pick that her fire's too close to the tent and that it's better to camp in the woods to fight off the cold, but it's too good to deserve that.
Jan 4, 2018 11:45 PM
Aug 2017
Wrath said:
lmfao the mc already broke fire safety (always have a bucket of water on hand with a fire 1 and 2 don't leave your fucking fire unattended) and leave no trace (placing your fire directly on the ground damages the soil iirc) rules

hope she has fun sleeping with the bugs too, seeing as she left her tent flap and sleeping bag unrolled/open the entire episode.

fun anime tho

Did you just apply Western camping knowledge to a Japanese show? From what I have seen, there are places that allow placing fire directly on the ground.
Jan 4, 2018 11:58 PM

May 2014
Himawari9 said:
Wrath said:

fun anime tho

Did you just apply Western camping knowledge to a Japanese show? From what I have seen, there are places that allow placing fire directly on the ground.

It's not like it's a 100% rule here either, it's just bad for the environment dude. She looked like she was on sand, so idfk how that applies there but it's not smart to do it either way imo. better safe than sorry.
WrathJan 5, 2018 12:13 AM

Jan 4, 2018 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
This winder 2018 season already has a lots of SoL show, one is the Tabi, another is Ramen and this one is Camp! lolz (mount fuji was mentioned also on the Tabi show)
Such a relaxing show as well! Camping is definitely fun as well!
4/5.

Jan 5, 2018 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
Nice first episode and looks like this will be good SoL anime. The scenery/art could be better though.
Jan 5, 2018 12:58 AM

Sep 2013
This was a nice and relaxing episode. Really love the Pink hair chick! She's pretty damn adorable and funny. I also like the OP and ED a lot as well.

First I want ramen thanks to Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles and now I want to go camping thanks to this series. Though I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this series a lot more. This was relaxing with nice scenery, adorable girls and good light hearted humor.

I'm looking forward to watching the next episode because this hits almost all the points I want in a slice of life anime. This episode was perfect for getting comfortable and winding down after a long day.
TehSnawnJan 5, 2018 2:50 AM

Jan 5, 2018 2:41 AM

Oct 2017
Yas! It was exactly what I expected: lots of introspective, scenery-focused scenes but with fun dialogue to cut it. I loved the designs as well and I was hoping this was going to be ~educational~ too and it is! I hate camping because i'm afraid of e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g especially bugs and, you know, lighting myself on fire accidentally, but I always loved the idea of going camping, sleeping under the stars etc. So this is very nice and I hope to live my expectations through these girls.

TehSnawn said:
First I want ramen thanks to Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles and now I want to go camping thanks to this series.

YES. I'd just watched Ms. Koizumi before I watched Yuru and I was like "great, more noodle craving". I wish this first episode was called Camp Noodles.
miftiJan 5, 2018 2:44 AM
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 5, 2018 3:49 AM

Mar 2013
Relaxing first Episode and quite nice visuals... And quite Educational too about the campfire-making.

I like this kind of SoL Anime, so I'm looking forward to It and I hope It won't disappoint.
Jan 5, 2018 3:53 AM

Apr 2017
Twice... wholesomeness... filled with some upbringing daily delightful..yet relieving iyashikei tone..

It felt a little

-- *A E S T H E T I C* --

4.25/5
-HippySnob-Jan 5, 2018 4:00 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jan 5, 2018 3:56 AM

Sep 2016
aaghhh the soundtrack is so damn chill, that whistling and ending song is so damn good
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 5, 2018 4:06 AM
Dec 2015
This series just reminds me of Sakura Quest. The characters are playful, and that ending song was absolutely beautiful. This really is a great start to what will be a very relaxing and enjoyably series.
Jan 5, 2018 4:09 AM
Sep 2017
Simply gorgeous! Gives me Non Non Biyori feels
Jan 5, 2018 4:25 AM

Feb 2014
Looks like this is going to be just the kind of relaxing and atmospheric camping/trekking anime I was looking for. Yama no Susume was good, but it felt too much like a CGDCT comedy.
And I already like the deadpan Kuudere protagonist and the goofy pink haired girl.
Jan 5, 2018 4:58 AM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
The only way this anime could be more chill is if it were hot boxing the tent.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Jan 5, 2018 5:19 AM
Apr 2016
Man this makes me wish I could go camping soon, although it'd be much nicer if it wasn't so damned hot outside :(

It was really interesting watching Rin put up her campsite, and how detailed it was with the pitching the tent and sleeping mat.

The fire was cool too, I never knew that pinecones burnt so well, but then again, there are none in the forests around where I live, we just burn dry leaves as kindling, and our fires are no way near as neat.

Also it's surprising how close to a sealed road that campsite is, with a proper restroom. The most I'd see is a drop dunny lmao.

This looks to be pretty fun, especially what activities this outdoor club gets up to whilst camping.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yuru Camp the most popular anime in this season! xD

Lolikon_Extrem - Mar 11, 2018

14 by Zedlin »»
May 18, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

288 by FranqitoH »»
Apr 12, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

133 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

116 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

107 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 10, 3:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.