Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 28, 2018 10:52 AM

Jan 2017
swirlydragon said:
@silent_knight98

Why are you recommending me these movies tho?
I've already watched them except Padmavat. Furthermore, it was DrGeroCreation who asked for a recommendation not me.
I've already lost interest in Bollywood/Hollywood movies and I prefer to watch only anime.
Furthermore, I believe you didn't really reply to my post to recommend me some awesome movies, did you?
A pitiful attempt at sarcasm, don't you think?
Anyway, the movies that I recommended above are based entirely on my own opinion (just like how you are entitled to your own opinion). I can post whatever I want on MAL.
If you believe I posted something offensive then you are free to report my post to a mod or rather if you feel like you disagree with some of my statements then you are free to make your own thread about it.
But please, don't bump on these old threads because I don't want to see such useless notifications on my profile (especially if you are trying to bait me using the above post).
Oh btw, I should at least appreciate you for your well-written and thought provoking post.

U took my reply in the wrong way buddy. I really meant what i said in my post. I was just searching through MAL and then i just saw this thread.I was really amazed that someone was talking about indian stuff on MAL.So even i knew that this thread was old i couldnt stop myself posting in it.
And i mentioned u with that other user coz i thought maybe u have watched these movies and can tell ur opinion about them.
Thats all there to it,nothing more.
So even after this, if u think that i have offended u in any way than i m sorry. I never tried to troll u.
Jan 28, 2018 10:55 AM

Jan 2017
silent_knight98 said:
U took my reply in the wrong way buddy. I really meant what i said in my post. I was just searching through MAL and then i just saw this thread.I was really amazed that someone was talking about indian stuff on MAL.So even i knew that this thread was old i couldnt stop myself posting in it.
And i mentioned u with that other user coz i thought maybe u have watched these movies and can tell ur opinion about them.
So even after this, if u think that i have offended u in any way than i m sorry. I never tried to troll u.

You never offended me.
Anyway, whatever you say!
I believe ya lol
Nice to meet you! :)
swirlydragonJan 28, 2018 11:07 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jan 28, 2018 11:06 AM

Jan 2017
swirlydragon said:
silent_knight98 said:

You never offended me.
Anyway, whatever you say!
I believe ya lol
Nice to meet you! :)
Thanks man!!! and sorry again.
The fact is i never thought u would take my reply in that way.I wanted to know ur opinion about those and then i saw ur reply and i was like, CRAP!!!...What in the hell i did wrong to get such negative reply....:-D
Jan 28, 2018 11:09 AM

Jan 2017
silent_knight98 said:
Thanks man!!! and sorry again.
The fact is i never thought u would take my reply in that way.I wanted to know ur opinion about those and then i saw ur reply and i was like, CRAP!!!...What in the hell i did wrong to get such negative reply....:-D

Lol
I actually thought you were trolling me I guess, I am too paranoid
My mistake.
As for my opinion, those movies were kinda decent (tho it's been a long time since I watched them)

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 20, 2018 2:47 AM

Dec 2017
I watched Lagaan recently. The songs were good. The plot was a bit silly though, and the movie was way too long.
Feb 21, 2018 2:59 AM

Jan 2016
I saw a bit of one where a dude ripped off a lamp post with his own hands and chased a guy, then he fucking jumped like 50 ft in the air and crushed the guy he was chasing... Yep, I think I'll stay away.
Nov 28, 2018 2:50 AM
Nov 2018
Hello, people, you should watch Bollywood movies more frequently as it shows the emotions and emphasizes the role of the character. I was searching for new movies releasing this month and I found out Rajinikant's Robo 2.0 is going to release. So I searched for information and some of the facts I found out were mindblowing. Now I am really excited to watch the movie, thanks to movie-rater for giving such useful information. I got the info on this link - https://movie-rater.com/robo-2-0-box-office-collection-review.html
Nov 28, 2018 2:56 AM

Jun 2016
I enjoy watching clips of the most absurd and over the top scenes from Bollywood movies.
Nov 29, 2018 3:28 AM
Nov 2018
Have tried watching a few. But most of the references are usually over my head.
Nov 29, 2018 5:14 AM

Apr 2017
I want to like them but I can't because my mom said that T-series is evil

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Nov 29, 2018 6:19 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
They're fun, colorful, and have great music but I'm not big on drama as a whole. Wish they were more mainstream.
Nov 29, 2018 7:01 AM

Jul 2017
I loved Every Child is Special, 3 Idiots, and Ghajini, they're so dramatic and I liked the songs as well.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Nov 30, 2018 6:29 AM

Aug 2007
I only watched 2 movies and only because they are in Netflix. I am not the person interested in this kind of movies.
Nov 30, 2018 11:20 AM

Jul 2017
yes ive watched a couple
they are kinda underrated tbh I do think bollywood deserves more recognition from the western movie fandom
i like the way they utilize musicals in most of the movies Ive watched
my favorite is Taare Zameen Par
Nov 30, 2018 12:17 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
I do! I quite like them, especially the music. Something they do take a bit long though...... but that's the same for standard Hollywood films.

I saw baahubali, the first movie at a film festival in Amsterdam. I'm pretty said they didn't put the second movie in the line-up the year after, or in any of the last two editions :(

Besides the occasional festival movie I mostly watch them in cinema (along with like, Polish movies, and .. other non-English movies). Thankfully they all appear in the original version. We Dutch do not like dubs. Unless you can't pay attention and read at the same time.. but that's just crazy :')

What I hate though, is that with non-English movies, the subs are often messy. I don't know who arranges the subs, wether it's the cinema, the distributor or whatever else. But often parts are left untranslated at random, or the subtitles containnospacesatallwhichissuperannoying.

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Nov 30, 2018 12:59 PM

Mar 2013
I have watched some. Koi mil gaya is probably my favorite.
Dec 6, 2018 9:02 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
No I like GOOD movies. Already hard to find good live action movies made outside of the US/Britain let alone trying to look in Bollywood.
Dec 13, 2018 2:12 AM
Aug 2018
The only bollywood movie ive watched is Three Idiots. Its pretty alright.
Dec 14, 2018 1:57 AM

Jul 2016
I’ve seen a movie called “Three Idiots”. It was good stuff.
Dec 15, 2018 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
DrSexy said:
Oh yea I have seen some Bollywood movies like "Dhoom 3" which was cheesy as fuck,
"Ghajini" which was ok and "3 Idiots" which is my fav indian movie

do you know ghajni is just the indian ver. Of momento
Dec 17, 2018 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
The ones i've eatched are awful
May 3, 2019 5:46 AM
May 2019
Wow. Usually you out-do yourself just with the blogs but this is another level!
https://www.fancycaptions.com/2019/04/student-of-year-2-full-movie-leaked.html
May 3, 2019 6:15 AM

Jan 2017
Ive seen a few bollywood movies. They were decent but I don't follow the scene so I only watch films brought to my attention through recommendation
May 3, 2019 7:03 AM

Jan 2018
Never watched Bollywood films, but i am thinking about watching.
Jun 11, 2019 9:37 PM

Jul 2016
No. I have watched some scenes here and there which were over exaggerated and became memes, but no, I don't watch Bollywood movies.
Oct 2, 2019 10:13 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who likes both anime and Bollywood!!
Granted, I don't watch Bollywood as much as I used to and I only really watch older movies since Bollywood was always at its greatest when it comes to romance... but still!
I pretty much grew up on Bollywood—Shahrukh Khan and Kajol were pretty much my OTP back then. It kinda got crushed after I learned that they were already married to others, but I still love seeing them on the screen as the main couple... great chemistry and great acting.

Pretty awesome to see people mentioning Kal Ho Naa Ho and 3 Idiots a lot here! I love both of those movies :D

One Bollywood movie I find to be underrated is Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om in 2007. I still love how that movie looks, Deepika is really pretty, and the score was generally really nice.
Oct 2, 2019 10:29 PM

Feb 2019
i've watched "FAN" which I thought was pretty good. The story of a young fanatic whose life revolves around his only idol was pretty interesting
Shahrukh did exceptionally well portraying two characters that weren’t himself~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 2, 2019 11:07 PM

Oct 2018
The only Bollywood movie I've watched in full is "The Three Idiots" in one of my Highschool classes. It was really good, only criticisms I have more the Bollywood stuff, in general, is how they have to make everything a musical lol, and they might drag on a bit.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Oct 3, 2019 12:59 AM

Feb 2019
Bollywood is shitfest. It doesn't have guts to produce good anymore. Only good thing about bollywood is aamir khan.
Oct 3, 2019 1:36 AM

Jul 2019
10 years ago when I was still watching TV regularly, yes. Dunno why but some mainstream channels showed Bollywood movies every now and then. Flashy, theatrical, wasn't that bad to be honest. Voluntarily hwoever, I do not seek them out.
Oct 5, 2019 8:08 AM

Oct 2011
Watched plenty of Bollywood movied when I was a kid. Actually my parents were wathcing them so I had nothing else to do but watch it with them. I guess it's because Bollywood movies are so OVEReverything that you can just turn off your brain and relax so that's why my parents were watching them.
And yeah, f* you for reminding because I couldn't stop myself and listening to Jimmy Jimmy Aaja right now.
Oct 5, 2019 10:55 AM

Oct 2014
well bollywood movies are better than most series here. so it's worth watching imo.
I love the absurdity of them.
Dangal was a great movie.
Aug 21, 2020 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
I used to watch Bollywood movies all the time when I was a kid. I think everyone in Russia did as they were insanely popular back in the day.
Unfortunately I only remember Disco Dancer and Seeta Aur Geeta.
Aug 30, 2020 10:11 PM

Apr 2020
#Boycott Bollywood
Oct 14, 2020 6:32 PM
Dec 2017
my mom does but not me personally

Oct 27, 2020 10:54 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Tristar_Shinobi said:
#Boycott Bollywood

lol why, what happened?
Oct 27, 2020 10:57 PM

Sep 2017
Watched some
Remember one that was about a man whose wife had died and the whole movie was about his college life
It had Shahrokh Khan in it
خ
Oct 27, 2020 11:00 PM

Apr 2020
Fario-P said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:
#Boycott Bollywood

lol why, what happened?

Nothing special the movies are getting bland day by day and are copies of other regional movies . Majority of the actors are drug addicts and are promoting drugging lifestyle through the movies . It's also full of propaganda
Oct 27, 2020 11:03 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Fario-P said:

lol why, what happened?

Nothing special the movies are getting bland day by day and are copies of other regional movies . Majority of the actors are drug addicts and are promoting drugging lifestyle through the movies . It's also full of propaganda

damn that's really sad, I didn't know about all that since I mainly watch Bollywood movies from the 90s and 2000s, maybe a few 2010s stuff here and there.

Fatephile said:
Watched some
Remember one that was about a man whose wife had died and the whole movie was about his college life
It had Shahrokh Khan in it

Took me a minute to realize you were talking about Kuch Kuch Hota Hai lol
Oct 27, 2020 11:09 PM

Sep 2017
Fario-P said:

Took me a minute to realize you were talking about Kuch Kuch Hota Hai lol

Yeah yeah that was it
خ
Oct 28, 2020 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
A channel here used to show Bollywood movies and I've seen a couple of them. They were pretty fun, but not something I feel like seeking out.
Oct 28, 2020 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
Not really and I think that Bollywood movies lack action or thrills. We want action and everyone knows that action sells better (why do you think Call of Duty sold so well?).

If Bollywood makes antiheroic or vigilante movies, I'm interested, like Golgo 13 style.
Kurt_IrvingOct 28, 2020 11:03 AM
Jan 25, 2021 8:41 AM
Feb 2018
I love Bollywood movies. My first movie was Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and I really liked the songs, the dresses, the view of the culture in general. I don't like to compare it with anime, they are two different things. And, like in everything, they are good movies and bad ones. ^^
Jan 30, 2021 10:07 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Hello hello I'm back here again, rewatched Veer-Zaara after a long while... brb I think I need a moment......... :')

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

Kurt_Irving said:
Not really and I think that Bollywood movies lack action or thrills. We want action and everyone knows that action sells better (why do you think Call of Duty sold so well?).

If Bollywood makes antiheroic or vigilante movies, I'm interested, like Golgo 13 style.

Bro go watch something like Karan Arjun or Baazigar if you want action and/or antiheroes (though for the latter I remember that most of the action was towards the end, but that ending..... well, go watch it yourself lol). Dunno if you can stomach it but there's some Bollywood movies that immediately come to mind from your post. Yes, I'm aware that my possible SRK favoritism is probably showing.

Also there's Singham which has legendary fight scenes such as this:

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

aoimareciel said:
I love Bollywood movies. My first movie was Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and I really liked the songs, the dresses, the view of the culture in general. I don't like to compare it with anime, they are two different things. And, like in everything, they are good movies and bad ones. ^^

Wow, it's not everyday that I hear someone talking about Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. Love this movie... holy shit is this movie seriously 20 years old already???? K3G still gets to me like Veer-Zaara does even after all these years haha :'DDD
Fario-PJan 30, 2021 10:17 PM
Jan 30, 2021 10:41 PM

Sep 2017
I once watched one which had Shahrukh Khan, it was about love in college or something
Edit: Oh wait lmao I posted the same thing 4 months ago
خ
Jan 31, 2021 5:38 AM

Apr 2020
No, but i have watched some with my parents when i was a little kid
Feb 1, 2021 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
I have never touched a bollywood movie. I don't understand Indian, and I don't watch movies
Feb 1, 2021 5:45 PM

Aug 2020
Bajrangi Bhaijaan actually made me cry like a little bitch

bahubali was my intro to bollywood movies
Feb 1, 2021 6:57 PM
Dec 2017
My parents like it and watched alot of it but me i'm personally completely indifferent to it like anything that is outside of anime to me.

Aug 1, 2021 8:29 AM

Dec 2018
I'm not sure if we're talking about all Indian movies in general, or just like the modern Bollywood ones. Because there are a lot of highly regarded films from India, especially during the 50s to 70s (are they considered Bollywood movies?). And I'm not saying that I, or you, would like these, but just know it's one of those highly respected thing. So here's a short list: The World of Apu, Pather Panchali, The Big City, Aparajito, The Hero, Ee.Ma.Yau. Aaand I just realized 6/7 of the films on this list are Satyajit Ray's.

So for my answer, if we're talking about modern Bollywood, well some of them are alright I'd fuck with it. If we're talking about the highly esteemed, I actually haven't watched like above 2 movies, so idk.
. . .
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3530 by SkiesOfBlue »»
4 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7898 by dazedcowcow62 »»
4 hours ago

» YOUTUBE IS PUTTING ADS IN THE ACTUAL VIDEOS YOU WILL WATCH

vasipi4946 - Jun 15

10 by Lost_Viking »»
9 hours ago

» Niconico

GinIonSui - Today

2 by GinIonSui »»
10 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 3 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

114 by scarydragon »»
Today, 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.