Forum Settings
Forums

Getting turned off by an anime because of one episode/event.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 8, 2017 11:31 PM

Nov 2009
petalshreds said:
On top of my head the only one I remembered dropping after one scene is Rokka no Yuusha. The show turned into a detective mystery genre. I rofl'd and left it alone until today.

Actually, it was a detective mystery from the start. It just pretended it wasn't while hiding a bloody knife behind its back. :D

LegendBonjet said:
Sword Art Online - I stopped watching after the 1st Season, after Episode 14 of SAO Season 1... It's all downhill from here.

Thank God I didn't waste my time on SAO Season 2.

In my opinion, season 2 takes back what was lost in part 2 of season 1. Of course, not everybody agrees.
Feb 8, 2017 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
Sword Art Online = Kirito and Suguha
Feb 9, 2017 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Psycho-Pass episode 11. Fuck that bitch Akane, she he done the most stupid thing a fool wouldn't do in wide world. She doesn't have 3 clear points in her dumb head. The outcome of the whole situation between her, Makishima and her friend totally turned me off. I watched 4-5 more episodes but it was just a masohistic behavior of mine and in the end I dropped it. The whole show is plain however, I didn't enjoy it since the start nor it made care for its characters and what is happening within it.
Feb 9, 2017 9:43 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I honestly can't remember what show it was but I know this has happened to me before.
Feb 9, 2017 9:46 AM
Oct 2016
Ghost Hound. I really enjoyed the direction it was going in but then (maybe episode 6 or 7???) the three main guys had an out of body experience and they looked like these baby alien things and idk. It really made me not want to watch anymore because it looked so stupid. Which is unfortunate because I hear the series is amaaaazing after that.
Feb 9, 2017 9:59 AM

Oct 2016
This occurs frequently with me the most recent being Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! The event was a decision of the heroine to follow the antagonist instead of staying with the protagonist. This made me upset and dropped the anime even though she was going to be together with the protagonist in the end I got upset with the anime.
Feb 9, 2017 10:44 AM
Jan 2017
I bounced right off of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I absolutely could not stand the way the first 15 episodes were an abridged, break-neck speed version of the previous anime adaptation that had basically no substance to it. Never even made it to the "new" stuff.

RP59 said:
I dropped No Game No Life very early on in part because of the MC forcing a girl to fall in love with him against her will. The concept just gave me the creeps. I know it's probably a good show and it's intended to be humorous, but I just couldn't get past that for some reason.

Same. It doesn't help that he's also portrayed as super smart and smug, basically framing his actions as being something we should be rooting for.
Feb 9, 2017 10:48 AM

Aug 2016
Nanbaka & Trickster both had very great beginning episodes but soon got very boring and not fun to watch anymore.
Feb 9, 2017 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
When the MC is dead, like Akame ga kill, lol.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Feb 9, 2017 10:54 AM
Jan 2017
Stepch said:

You got turned off by a show in the last five minutes of the final episode?
Feb 9, 2017 11:14 AM

Nov 2016
LifeFiber said:
Stepch said:

The male MC died before last episode (eps 23), that's right its near to end, I keep watch the final episode with skipping.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Feb 9, 2017 11:21 AM
Jan 2017
Stepch said:
LifeFiber said:

The male MC died before last episode (eps 23), that's right its near to end, I keep watch the final episode with skipping.

Ah, it's been a while, I thought he died at the very end.
Feb 9, 2017 11:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Literally the last minute of Kyoukai no Kanata was some of the worst ass pulling I've ever seen in my life
Feb 9, 2017 11:43 AM

Sep 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Literally the last minute of Kyoukai no Kanata was some of the worst ass pulling I've ever seen in my life

God it was so far in the end that we can't even write it as dropped.
Feb 9, 2017 11:46 AM

Apr 2014
Karin - it was going really good till that 3rd party romantic came in the picture and he was just really annoying
Feb 9, 2017 11:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Inferno_Cop said:
HaXXspetten said:

Well I don't drop anime anyway so I guess it's a good thing that the suffering was short at least
Feb 9, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
it happens...lol if u dont feel like watching it...maybe come back to it later or just drop it....
Feb 9, 2017 1:59 PM

Dec 2016
LifeFiber said:

Same. It doesn't help that he's also portrayed as super smart and smug, basically framing his actions as being something we should be rooting for.

Yeah, he didn't sit right with me from the very beginning. A lot of people love that character though, so I guess I just didn't give him enough time.
Feb 9, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2014
If you've ever watched Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara you would know that the plot twist came out of fucking nowhere.

I still rated it a 9 though. Although that's when I was giving things ratings as high as IGN in shitty AAA games.

Click here to join our club Discord. Member or not, feel free to join. We are active everyday.
Feb 9, 2017 2:32 PM

Jul 2015
the only scene that ruined a show for me is this
Feb 9, 2017 2:35 PM
Apr 2016
LifeFiber said:
I bounced right off of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I absolutely could not stand the way the first 15 episodes were an abridged, break-neck speed version of the previous anime adaptation that had basically no substance to it. Never even made it to the "new" stuff.

I agree with FMAB having a terrible beginning first couple of episodes. One of the reasons, why I think the original was better. FMAB had pretty bad pacing until it got to the new stuff. Even then, FMAB did one of the things that I HATE.

MC wins by punching big bad (soul eater has forever scarred me).
Feb 9, 2017 2:38 PM

Oct 2016
I get that the Welcome to the NHK MC is supposed to be an idiot, but when he got scammed into the pyramid scheme, and then his ''normal/smart'' friends doing the same thing, I genuinely wanted to shove my head through a wall.
Worst part is that he runs away when he realizes the dumb shit he got into and then tells the girl who tried tricking him that he's aware of the bullshit she's trying to sell him and still, through some magic, buys like 5 bags of ''untapped wealth''.

Throughout the show he had A LOT of moments that made me genuinely wonder if he's actually a genuine retard or not but that was the last straw.
Writers should be denied the right to make their characters this damn stupid.
Feb 9, 2017 3:26 PM

Sep 2009
I put Durarara!!x2 Shou and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann on indefinite hold after their respective "derpy animation" episodes. I do plan to try to continue the latter at some point though.
Feb 9, 2017 3:47 PM

May 2016
Recent one is Gurren Lagann's 4th episode. Compared to the other episodes, the art and animation was very subpar/ugly (turns out that a completely different studio was in charge of that). Didn't watch it for almost a month but I'm glad that I got over it and started continuing coz it's epic. Pierce that on-hold wall with your determination!

Rewrite episode 7 had those horrifyingly ugly cgi mongrels and I haven't continued past that point but I might just continue it soon because I liked the story so far.

School Days almost put me off anime entirely kek.

Feb 9, 2017 4:17 PM
Dec 2013
I thought Little Busters was pretty average, and then came a moment (in a weird episode of the show) where the main character Riki Naoe had no choice but to wear a girl's school uniform after taking a shower, being humiliated for no reason. It wasn't funny, it was just sad and cringeworthy. Made me drop my rating for the anime and made me drop the anime along with it. Didn't even bother finishing the episode.
wildhoodFeb 9, 2017 4:21 PM
Feb 9, 2017 5:15 PM

May 2010
flannan said:
petalshreds said:
On top of my head the only one I remembered dropping after one scene is Rokka no Yuusha. The show turned into a detective mystery genre. I rofl'd and left it alone until today.

Actually, it was a detective mystery from the start. It just pretended it wasn't while hiding a bloody knife behind its back. :D

I seriously didn't know xDD I thought I was watching a fantasy series but oh well xD
Feb 9, 2017 5:19 PM

Oct 2016
Paul said:
Ah remember when Shinsekai Yori started airing and then that one episode where they did that and this and everyone herpa derped.

the yaoi scene. but it was saved by the yuri scene
Feb 9, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2014
That unnecessary meaningless NTR scene from Inran Shoujo Sukumi :/ Huge turn off for me
Feb 9, 2017 5:21 PM

Oct 2016
TheBigGuy said:
Episode 2 of Bloodivores.

And the episode of Attack of Titan, when

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom:

Not a single episode/event, but the first time loop in Higurashi.

I hope you didn't drop Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom though because that's the best ending I have ever witnessed.
Feb 9, 2017 5:22 PM

Oct 2016
In Demi-chan when they did the nom nom subtitles. I cringged and it made me not want to watch the show at all. It wasn't funny . 1/10
Feb 9, 2017 5:24 PM

Apr 2016
Death note. Started good, really good, went downhill to one point where I just couldn't stand the "comedy". A series that takes itself that serious shouldn't rely on such cheap ways to entertain the viewers...
Feb 9, 2017 5:36 PM

Nov 2013
SeasonADay said:
TheBigGuy said:
Episode 2 of Bloodivores.

And the episode of Attack of Titan, when

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom:

Not a single episode/event, but the first time loop in Higurashi.

I hope you didn't drop Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom though because that's the best ending I have ever witnessed.

I have dropped Phantom a few years ago.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 9, 2017 5:38 PM

Feb 2017
eureka 7s sequal ruined the original for me...i used to rewatch eureka 7 now and agin but now when i try to re watch it just seems dumb because i know the outcome of their relationship
Feb 9, 2017 5:43 PM

Oct 2016
TheBigGuy said:
SeasonADay said:

TheBigGuy said:
SeasonADay said:

I recommend you give it a chance. I know it feels like ntr when that happens. It does get better.
Feb 9, 2017 7:20 PM

Nov 2013
SeasonADay said:
TheBigGuy said:

TheBigGuy said:

I recommend you give it a chance. I know it feels like ntr when that happens. It does get better.

I'm not sure, what you mean with NTR in this case, but I stopped watching because he made the wrong decision in my opinion. So as far as I'm concerned, it only gets worse.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 9, 2017 7:24 PM

Oct 2014
InsaneLeader13 said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Episode 24.

Now I obviously don't hate the entire show for this episode, but it's like all the potential crap in the series' prior 23 episodes was gathered together and dumped into a single episode. It's a blemish on an otherwise near-perfect series.

episode 24 is probably one of the best episode in the series
the way they could portray with so little time the relation of kaworu and shinji along with the introspection that added a lot to shinji character was awesome
and the dillema at the end is great despite the lack of animation in the finale it still manages to portray the right tone
Feb 9, 2017 7:26 PM

Oct 2014
the shirou against archer fight in ubw is probably the biggest case of this for me
after an entire show of people hammering on about how shirou ideals were stupid that was his amazing response to criticism
i never was so baffled by a decision of how to handle a character as this one
Feb 9, 2017 7:30 PM

Oct 2014
Inferno_Cop said:
HaXXspetten said:

that is probably my only motivation to watch the sequel i never cared much for the anime so seeing how they would try to retcoon that to make sense would surely be amusing
Feb 9, 2017 7:34 PM

Feb 2017
gabrielrroiz said:
the shirou against archer fight in ubw is probably the biggest case of this for me
after an entire show of people hammering on about how shirou ideals were stupid that was his amazing response to criticism
i never was so baffled by a decision of how to handle a character as this one

yeah the vn handled it much better i hear
Feb 9, 2017 10:45 PM

Nov 2009
RP59 said:
LifeFiber said:

Yeah, he didn't sit right with me from the very beginning. A lot of people love that character though, so I guess I just didn't give him enough time.

Isn't he supposed to be a "antihero" protagonist, who does good things accidentally due to his ambitions and passions?
Well, I dropped that show after 1-2 episodes too. Just because there was too much deception for me to handle. I don't like lies and deception in general.

Modest_Kuudere said:
If you've ever watched Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara you would know that the plot twist came out of fucking nowhere.

I still rated it a 9 though. Although that's when I was giving things ratings as high as IGN in shitty AAA games.

petalshreds said:
flannan said:

I seriously didn't know xDD I thought I was watching a fantasy series but oh well xD

It's easy to not notice if you're only looking at the anime itself.
In the book, the prologue presented the problem first.
In the anime, that prologue was moved to trailer, so people who don't bother with trailers could easily miss it.
I don't remember what the show's description and tags on MAL looked like when it was airing, but even now, it's easy to miss unless you know.
Feb 9, 2017 10:52 PM

Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Inferno_Cop said:

Well I don't drop anime anyway so I guess it's a good thing that the suffering was short at least

have you watched the movie? because it stil taking to another whole lvl... lOl

gabrielrroiz said:
Inferno_Cop said:

that is probably my only motivation to watch the sequel i never cared much for the anime so seeing how they would try to retcoon that to make sense would surely be amusing

the movie still make 0 fucking sense... XD

but usagi drop manga ending still make me rage to this day... and it was after i know the ending... that revailing is worst asspull i've ever see...
KumaFeb 9, 2017 11:18 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 9, 2017 11:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kuma said:
HaXXspetten said:

I didn't watch Kako-hen because afaik that was just a recap film. Mirai-hen was pretty good though (hell of a lot better than the TV-series at least)
Feb 9, 2017 11:34 PM

Oct 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Kuma said:

I didn't watch Kako-hen because afaik that was just a recap film. Mirai-hen was pretty good though (hell of a lot better than the TV-series at least)

so does mirai-hen fix the issues or something? and what it about
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Feb 9, 2017 11:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Scarlett_ryuken said:
HaXXspetten said:

so does mirai-hen fix the issues or something? and what it about
You can kind of say that Mirai-hen was to Kyoukai no Kanata what Rebellions was to Madoka in a way. I.E: a sequel movie which might not have been planned originally, but its existence quite drastically changes the resolution to the overall story. Except in this case a continuation was actually a necessity due to how bad the original ending was. Plot-wise the movie isn't that different from the TV-series but it's executed a bit differently. Just felt better directed in general
Feb 9, 2017 11:48 PM

Dec 2016
flannan said:

Isn't he supposed to be a "antihero" protagonist, who does good things accidentally due to his ambitions and passions?
Well, I dropped that show after 1-2 episodes too. Just because there was too much deception for me to handle. I don't like lies and deception in general.

Yeah, you're probably right. Usually I like antiheroes, but he just came across dickish to me.
Feb 10, 2017 12:51 AM

Oct 2013
This is probably a pretty common one, but that one episode (episode 8 I think) of Samurai Flamenco. The episodes before that were fantastic, with this humble and grounded feel to it all. The main character's escapades at trying to be a superhero were so interesting, even though supervillian's like you see in comics did not exist in that world.

And then the fucking gorilla with a guillotine comes in and chops a police officers head off and then the show turns into fucking power rangers. greaaaaat....
Feb 10, 2017 2:43 PM

Apr 2016
I've had plenty of anime where I've been turned off by just a flag.

So I've stopped watching before the bullshit even happens.
Man, I have to stop falling in love with fictitious high school girls'...moms!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - Today

23 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you self-insert? ( 1 2 )

ateks - Sep 7, 2022

75 by FanofAction »»
27 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

32 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» Who is your first and second favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character and why?

Inner_Dragon - Yesterday

14 by Bruh69XD »»
1 hour ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - 3 hours ago

8 by FanofAction »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.