Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2016 6:50 AM

Sep 2016
Slowly but surely I think things are going to start coming together. It is getting better in terms of connecting things and I am curious to see what will happen. Seem the characters will all eventually has some connection with eachother.
Nov 6, 2016 7:27 AM
Aug 2014
The only thing I see in the comments: People without patience. Obviously mistery animes is not your thing, just drop it and stop bitching.

Also the animation is great, I haven't seen this fluidity in characters movement in a while. I fail to see what's wrong with it.

Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
I have only noticed now, but the ending song of this anime is awesome xD

I have it in a loop, so good. Can't wait for the full single.
Nov 6, 2016 8:06 AM

Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
Nobody wants to talk about this episode? :D (46 responses against a hundred for "Yuri on Ice")
You gave up?

For this series, the pace is poorly managed, everything goes too fast and I didn't grasp the implications of different events. Yet I am fond of Monogatari and Durarara, what's wrong?

if only the oppai is smaller ;)

it will be more good :) against yuri :)
Nov 6, 2016 9:05 AM

May 2015
Decent episode. I'm slowly getting into it, but it still goes a little too fast for my taste.

Nov 6, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2014
TuyNOM said:
Nobody wants to talk about this episode? :D (46 responses against a hundred for "Yuri on Ice")
You gave up?

For this series, the pace is poorly managed, everything goes too fast and I didn't grasp the implications of different events. Yet I am fond of Monogatari and Durarara, what's wrong?

Monogatari and Durarara are directed well, this is not.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Nov 6, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2011
flannan said:

QWERTYFish25 said:
Also anime has this insufferable habit as if late of throwing in western concepts. If you can't ease symbolism or some logic from a foreign concept into your work you're better off not including it at all. Otherwise it just comes off as pretentious.

Uhm, which concepts were misused this episode in your opinion? Baudot code worked fine, and we've yet to see if Frankenstein is relevant foreshadowing or a dead end.
Well, apart from the fact that I hate anti-intellectualism that gave birth to that story.

I guess it's me "seeing" where this is going. Characters making vague references every three minutes and expecting the audience to understand while simultaneously explaining the most basic of actions. I feel as if the author just expects this shit to be good or cool. It feels more like the creator is trying to be self-aware of his own work than anything else. I don't know if that explains it properly.
Nov 6, 2016 11:20 AM

Feb 2014
It looks like the clues are starting to connect up now, slowly but surely.

Because of that, all of the cast will play more important roles into this mystery, including Ryo-Tas and her football-sized rack, whose only main role so far is her flaunting off her chest while singing, dancing or both.

One thing that's really good about this show is the consistency of the art and animation, which for A-1 Pictures, is a very good job considering Ace Attorney was VERY inconsistent is that area. =/

Good episode overall.
Nov 6, 2016 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
Okay, I think there are atleast 3 faction here.
1st, the one who know about the mass murder : shun, sarai, touko, ririka, miyu
2nd, the one who have special power : kiryuu, ryouka
3rd, stupid bystander : yuuta, aria

1st group know and/or the preparator of both the mass murder and the professor murder case.
2nd group are presenting devil and god (kiryuu obviously the devil but not necessary evil, and ryouka is god that have unholy demonic boobs / manyuu)
3rd group is used/doll/pawn

The okama bartender is suspicious, but since the title only "nine" I think he has similar role to FB.

Nov 6, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2016
These five chapters I've seen have liked and aesthetics I find interesting, but I don't understand why the existence of Ryoka. It is an aesthetically ugly character and she has a stupid personality. The only logical explanation is that she is the villain.
Nov 6, 2016 8:48 PM
May 2015
I loved it 10/10. But I wanted more of Ryotas boobs <3
Nov 6, 2016 8:55 PM

Jun 2015
The weird angles throughout the episode was hurting my neck. Things are getting interesting now.
Nov 6, 2016 9:33 PM

Jun 2013
Was a pretty decent episode, but is mrs big tits every going to become useful, this anime is so much better when she's not in it.
Nov 7, 2016 2:10 AM
Jan 2013
Okay........
7 minutes wishy-washy bullcrap and suddenly the protagonist is tired.
"i'm just gona lie down around here in the middle of the room while the host are waiting at the door..."
seriously man? did the director even supervise the script? and storyboard?

and what the hell is wrong with mangaka girl? sitting around at crime scene of mass murder, and drawing the carcasses of the unusual event? How come? in my presumption the lake should be in a lock-down for public access. swarmed by police and shit... and there she is... having a conversation with a shota.

I've got no problem with the detective scene blackmailing civilian. Just... how did he even know he's the one who pull out professor's mollar. well, hope the next episode provide an explaination.
Nov 7, 2016 2:38 AM
May 2010
opiktea said:
Okay........
7 minutes wishy-washy bullcrap and suddenly the protagonist is tired.
"i'm just gona lie down around here in the middle of the room while the host are waiting at the door..."
seriously man? did the director even supervise the script? and storyboard?

and what the hell is wrong with mangaka girl? sitting around at crime scene of mass murder, and drawing the carcasses of the unusual event? How come? in my presumption the lake should be in a lock-down for public access. swarmed by police and shit... and there she is... having a conversation with a shota.

Yuta might have been tired from all that running last episode. That, and the current situation surrounding him probably was very stressful. Some days, you just feel like plopping down on your butt and lying down on your back, right where you are, and not giving a hoot about what others might think. That might be a stretch, but I'll roll with it.

Also, I thought the situation with mangaka girl (aka Ririka Nishizono) was pretty obvious, seeing as how her name was reported in the news along with the Inokashira Park Incident. Well, supposedly; we don't know how trustworthy the creepy kid is.
Nov 7, 2016 3:39 AM
Jan 2013
l0l1n470r said:
Yuta might have been tired from all that running last episode. That, and the current situation surrounding him probably was very stressful. Some days, you just feel like plopping down on your butt and lying down on your back, right where you are, and not giving a hoot about what others might think. That might be a stretch, but I'll roll with it.

Very well. i agree.... it's possible.
l0l1n470r said:
Also, I thought the situation with mangaka girl (aka Ririka Nishizono) was pretty obvious, seeing as how her name was reported in the news along with the Inokashira Park Incident. Well, supposedly; we don't know how trustworthy the creepy kid is.

No, no, no.....
what i mean is... how the hell did she got there?
i know some report said that japanese police are inept and incapable in a gaijin standard....
but come on man? this is kinda infuriating...
Nov 7, 2016 3:20 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm it seems that the professors son finally confronts the mc
and seeing this its no surprise that he will break down and try and
plead his innocence

Hmm its no surprise that Sarai would also try and investigate his fathers death

Hmm so the police didn't tell Sarai much then did he even though he's the relative
seems that they are trying to hide something as well

I wonder who that voice really is
Hmm so Sarai and the mc are investigating the case together now then eh

Wow Sarai is actually pretty intellgent
but he seems to have had a complicated relationship with his father

Hmm its interesting that they rotated the angles when the mc entered
the study

hmm so the key did open something then eh
So Zoko seems to know more that they let on
and is forcing the mc to continue the game

These puzzles of the professor though are pretty interesting
Hmm and the author is also connected with this unsurprisingly

So the professor knew about the bodies as well then eh
still even though Morisaki seems to be the bad guy it remains to be seen whose
side he's actually on

Lol i always wondered what that drink tastes like
Lol as expected of a spy Morisaki can get with just about anyone
and it looks like he already suspects the mc

the interactions at the bar was funny though

well it seems that all the characters now suspect Morisaki
nothing like having a devil observe and protect you eh Aria
Ryoka though is as funny as ever

Hmm its nice that they were able to decipher the dots on the ceiling
so its a list of names then eh
and that the names are those victims in the park
the mystery deepens

hmm it does seem strange that Ririka drew the crime scene in her manga
either she's the culprit or she can see the future
The case is getting more interesting by the episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
I've been wondering, In Occultic;Nine's ED towards the final part of the song, it goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 then 9. It's skipping the 8 .-. any reason why this would occur?
Nov 8, 2016 5:35 AM

Jun 2013
the pacing is still fast
Nov 8, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
This series has always needed a double vision to be understood for word for word; so also the last words uttered by the girl, are decipherable. The many alternations of situational contexts, while making it extremely heterogeneous narration, do not affect its appeal. Do not wait to discover the mysteries surrounding the relationship between the cartoonist and his "servant." I wonder if Gamotan will have a much more important role in the future, or it will remain a mere means to advance the plot. Beautiful soundtrack, applause, must be done originality demonstrated by the director for the way it has managed to put the fanservice during the narration, eh eh eh!

Nice the end-card.
Nov 8, 2016 7:42 PM

Dec 2009
Data_ said:
I've been wondering, In Occultic;Nine's ED towards the final part of the song, it goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 then 9. It's skipping the 8 .-. any reason why this would occur?
Just to make you ask that question.

Ryou-tits still pointless impossible character.
GenesisAriaNov 8, 2016 7:46 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 9, 2016 6:32 AM
Feb 2016
Ahh~~ The reason why I kept on watching this every week is back after a slump last week. When it comes to the male character in this show the detective and Sarai definitely catches my eye. I felt that only the detective and the doujin author knows the connection between the case and the world they're in. Somehow I felt that the world they're living in might not be a real one from the way the doujin author speaks.

I would love to take observation lesson from Sarai based on how he accurately deduces Gamon's reaction and the way he analyzes the crime scene of his father. When he said there must be 3 things in order for a coincidence to be a necessity does that mean they have found the 3 things from the doujin?

Next week my darling Aria appears and it appears her black magic is going to be in works (◕◡◕)
Nov 9, 2016 9:12 AM

May 2016
Ririka is so creepy :/
Nov 9, 2016 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
Well, I don't really agree with people that dislike this anime but whatever, I think that the characters are being involved in a very good way, and we can watch how each one interact with the other and how the others become more involved in the plot, really like it.

Still think A-1 Pictures is doing a great work with the character design and the animation. Except for the bobby girl, wtf with that girl,
Nov 9, 2016 11:54 PM

Nov 2009
missimperfect said:
I would love to take observation lesson from Sarai based on how he accurately deduces Gamon's reaction and the way he analyzes the crime scene of his father. When he said there must be 3 things in order for a coincidence to be a necessity does that mean they have found the 3 things from the doujin?

1) Tooth pulled out a victim. Pretty weird thing to do.
2) "CODE" as a dying message. That's a rather useless message, if you ask me, but it seems to have worked.
3) The car number is the same as the number in the coded message.

These three together are suspicious enough that it's worth investigating.
Nov 10, 2016 2:01 AM
Feb 2016
flannan said:

2) "CODE" as a dying message. That's a rather useless message, if you ask me, but it seems to have worked.

I actually guess the same as your number 2 and 3 but I missed out number1 because I forgot about it. So if I were to list it like yours my #3 would be the bird cage that has the lock that the fortune-telling girl mention at the end. Thanks for listing those out for me :)
Nov 10, 2016 6:30 PM

May 2014
Pretty neat episode, I like how things are turning out so far. I like how all of the characters are likable whether they seem suspicious or not...
5/5
Nov 11, 2016 10:50 AM
Nov 2016
Until episode 5 the story became quite interesting, but still annoying to seeing main chara...
Nov 11, 2016 12:05 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Dots and finally beginning to connect and the characters are finally starting to gather.

I really do believe this show has a lot more to it than it lets on.

I'm starting to think Ryo-tas is the person speaking to the MC through that key chain. there's definitely something up with her.

Lots of headway made this episode though, good stuff.
Nov 11, 2016 8:05 PM

Jun 2013
Fate_Nozomi said:

Also, anime-ception

Gamotan is in denial. The poor boy. TT__TT

I'm calling it. Godzilla tits did it all. She smacked everyone of those victims with her massive tits, knocked them out enough to drown them.
臭い-
Nov 11, 2016 8:14 PM
May 2010
opiktea said:
l0l1n470r said:

Very well. i agree.... it's possible.
l0l1n470r said:

No, no, no.....
what i mean is... how the hell did she got there?
i know some report said that japanese police are inept and incapable in a gaijin standard....
but come on man? this is kinda infuriating...

Ghosts in general can't be seen by human eyes; you might ask, then, why would the other characters see them; and I would answer: are you sure they are all still alive? ;) I don't know the actual answer either, but I sure hope they tell us soon.

Data_ said:

No, she didn't skip 8. Also, ED always hypes me up for the next episode; I love it.
Nov 13, 2016 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
I keep thinking the big-chested girls' gun holster is a back brace/support.
---------My Profile------------
Nov 13, 2016 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
Still chaotic, still connecting the dots, still adding more dots.

So who's on the radio? That "dot" hasn't connected yet.
Nov 17, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2010
The only reason the MC isn't getting on my nerves the most out of everyone in the cast is Ryo-tas's presence.
Nov 30, 2016 7:10 PM
Mar 2012
missimperfect said:
flannan said:

I actually guess the same as your number 2 and 3 but I missed out number1 because I forgot about it. So if I were to list it like yours my #3 would be the bird cage that has the lock that the fortune-telling girl mention at the end. Thanks for listing those out for me :)

So kotoribako i suppose refers to Miyu's missing friend wanting to get a pet bird. That white hair boy in manga probably same as the creepy boy who met that friend, so she's either kidnapped or dead.

This ep confirms things we already know about list of 256/code, key & adds more questions. Key seems to become irrelevant after so much expectation, since the drawer was broken in. New info includes the unique 3-digit + same 7 digit suffix after each name. Dead prof is likely the key to why 256 dead.
Nishizono "this must be the new world". Her name was in the news. So she, & many we already suspect, are part of the 256 dead. Their now in some parallel/alternate world. Gamotan says she's prime suspect, & also works with creepy boy.
Some cryptic dialogs: suggests Nishizono is a magician, jealous of her popular elder sister Miyu (?), even tho she looks older.

Ghost & Aria quite funny & seems they might join the fun Gamotan group.
Dec 11, 2016 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
What are they trying to say with this?
Dec 17, 2016 7:12 AM

Apr 2015
Not much difference to the previous episodes to a non-clue-following viewer like me, still fairly entertaining and extremely challenging
Jan 7, 2017 1:59 AM

Mar 2015
Feeling more lilke an occult detective story in this episode
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 7, 2017 10:34 AM

May 2012
Quite impressive development I must say! Really looking forward to see what happens next.
Jan 30, 2017 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
Seems that a lot of important data is in the doujin
Feb 25, 2017 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
This anime is so captivating.. I just want to know what's happening.
Yeah guys analyze that BL doujin like your lives depend on it.. it'll solve the whole mystery. xD
Jun 3, 2017 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
This show is surprisingly addicting, damn.
:3
Dec 17, 2017 1:46 PM
Apr 2014
The more I watch the more I can't understand why people are shit talking this so much. I mean I'm a sucker for these kind of setups with several main characters but even without that so far it has been more interesting than I expected given the score it had after it finished airing.

Well, but I also didn't think the first episode was as bad as people have been saying that thread.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to actually be some occult phenomenon in the end. That would be kinda boring.
Oct 6, 2020 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
The characters are grouping up now and the show takes a more detective-like kinda vibe to it with the characters trying to find the culprit to solve the questions they have regarding the various cases that surround them.

Zonko is a pretty intriguing character, and definitely a mysterious one. So mysterious if the fact that if you were to Google it, barely any relevant result shows up. The show's low popularity is a huge contributor to that.
Jul 30, 2021 8:00 PM
Dec 2017
slow pacing is a trademark for a sciadv as being rushed isn't that good.

Sep 6, 2022 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
I have been having a feeling since the last episode that Ryotas is actually Zonko or is connected to her in some way. She seems suspicious to me tbh. Got to wait and see.
I am sleepy
May 20, 2:36 PM

Dec 2022
Glasses is talking some shit. Three coincidences "makes" a fact? Why such an arbitrary number specifically? Did the "fact" not exist until someone identified, irrespective of its prior happening, exactly three separate coincidences to validate it? He states this ontological assertion so authoritatively, but it seems like he made it up on the spot.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

172 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

450 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

217 by Archean-Return »»
May 21, 8:46 AM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.