Forum Settings
Forums

Unpopular/Forgotten Manga you would want Animated?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 26, 2016 6:09 AM

Dec 2015
Oresama Teacher
Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden
Yankee girl
Tomoko-chan wa Onnonako
Taiyou no le
Shirley Madison

I really want to see them being animated
Sep 26, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2009
Nunnally03 said:
Oresama Teacher
Yankee girl
Tomoko-chan wa Onnonako
Taiyou no le
Shirley Madison

The others I don't know about but I don't consider Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! unpopular. Sure I don't know it's sales but with how great it is I'd expect it to be popular.

It's fast-paced original 4-koma comedy/romance style is great. The characters are hilarious. And Tomo is just so fucking cute! I feel it deserves an anime one day for sure.
Sep 26, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2015
waalex11 said:
Nunnally03 said:
Oresama Teacher
Yankee girl
Tomoko-chan wa Onnonako
Taiyou no le
Shirley Madison

The others I don't know about but I don't consider Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! unpopular. Sure I don't know it's sales but with how great it is I'd expect it to be popular.

It's fast-paced original 4-koma comedy/romance style is great. The characters are hilarious. And Tomo is just so fucking cute! I feel it deserves an anime one day for sure.

I really love it too. I thought at first it will be one of those shoujo manga in which the female lead is a masochist who will bear everything for the male lead. But after reading it, I was really surprised at how good it is.

Unfortunately it's not really that popular (-_-)
Even the website where it's being published is not well known. But I really hope it will become popular and get an anime adaptation.
Sep 26, 2016 6:57 PM

Dec 2009
Nunnally03 said:
waalex11 said:

I really love it too. I thought at first it will be one of those shoujo manga in which the female lead is a masochist who will bear everything for the male lead. But after reading it, I was really surprised at how good it is.

Unfortunately it's not really that popular (-_-)
Even the website where it's being published is not well known. But I really hope it will become popular and get an anime adaptation.
You thought it'd be that? Haha. I could of tell that she was a tsundere from the cover.
I'm confident it'll become an anime one day. It's worthy IMO.
Oct 8, 2016 11:43 PM

Jan 2015
I've been saying it on forum after forum, I would be a very happy anime fan if Dragon Knights actually got an anime adaption.
Oct 9, 2016 4:55 AM

Aug 2014
I liked Kaitaishinsho 0 a lot, would love to see an anime of it.
Ruka desu.
Nov 13, 2016 3:18 PM

Dec 2009
Anyone else have unpopular/forgotten manga you want animated?
Nov 13, 2016 5:10 PM

Mar 2009
Banana Fish, I'm almost surprised it never was animated, it was really popular in Japan. Even though it was a shojo, it had a huge male fan base (they were there for the mafia warfare, probably). These days though, it would be difficult to do, because it's set in the 80s, and unlike Parasyte where modernizing some of the equipment (like giving Shinichi a computer instead an encyclopedia set in his room) didn't affect the overall story, the 80s thing is too integrated with Banana Fish to take it out.

Basara though, given that shojo fantasy has actually been pretty popular again lately, should definitely get a full adaptation. It got a 12 ep OVA, but I think it only goes about 3 or 4 volumes in (and if you take out the side stories, which would make good future OVA fodder, it's still at least 24 vol series).
Please Save My Earth, similarly, could use a full adaptation, as the OVA only went 7.5 out of 21 vols in. And much like Parasyte, I think you could modernize it without hurting it (I guess instead of looking for each other in an obscure scifi mag, they'd be looking online or something)
From Far Away (Kanata Kara) is another fantasy shojo that should get a modern adaptation. Since it takes place in another world (and the lead gets magic transported there, bonus points as that's been a popular trope lately too), no need to worry about modernizing. Basara is incredibly story dense, which could make a proper adaptation a bit more difficult, but From Far Away could probably do about 26 eps and be ok.

Real-c'mon, all the other sports manga get adaptations! And this is easily my favorite of all the sports manga. And maybe it would encourage Takehiko Inoue to speed it up a bit and do more than one volume a year (the man did a weekly SJ series)

Genkaku Picasso-I would like any number of Usamaru Furuya things to be adapted (most would probably be movies), but a 13 ep series would be perfect for this one.
Nov 13, 2016 7:28 PM
Nov 13, 2016 8:47 PM

Dec 2009
_Ako_ said:
It already has been forgotten... Why bother?
A human's pure hope and wishful thinking. Simple as that.
Dec 20, 2016 4:31 PM

Dec 2009
Anyone else have unpopular/forgotten manga you want animated?
Dec 20, 2016 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
I want to add :
Kuzumi-kun, Kuuki Yometemasu ka? - this one is super funny, I hope it will be animated one day.
If Webtoons are included then I want to see Kakao 79% be animated too.
Dec 21, 2016 2:31 AM
Jan 2015
Dorohedoro - My favorite universe in any manga by far, I already feel myself inside the universe just by reading the manga so I imagine how it would be as a good anime adaptation, although at the same time I get really worried about censure if this get an adaptation.
Dec 21, 2016 2:58 AM

Dec 2016
I'd love to see Yuureitou animated one day. Overall an extremely well-written, compelling murder mystery with a cast full of enjoyable, interesting LGBT characters and an unique love story.
Dec 25, 2016 10:52 PM

Nov 2013
Takamura-sama said:
onani master kurosawa..
The only 10/10 I ever gave to a manga

yes. this.

also otoyomegatari.

vagabond...

joou no hana. female mc is good
DenzRuiDec 25, 2016 11:09 PM
Dec 25, 2016 11:26 PM

Apr 2013
'unpopular/forgotten', i don't know why people fixate so much on how everything is perceived collectively instead of just looking at something intrinsically, you ought to have shame, go sit in the corner and reflect
Dec 29, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2011
Umineko no Naku Koro ni. It never got a second season, but honestly, I'd want the whole thing rebooted. They skipped over essential details in the first season that take away from the story presented in the visual novel. It's such a great series. I'm still hoping it gets properly adapted someday... ): Ideally I'd loove to see Madhouse pick it up bc of their attention to detail, but it would probably still be Studio Deen.

Easily said:
I'd love to see Yuureitou animated one day. Overall an extremely well-written, compelling murder mystery with a cast full of enjoyable, interesting LGBT characters and an unique love story.

I'm reading this right now! An anime adaptation would be really enjoyable for this series.
Dec 30, 2016 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
GBR said:
Dorohedoro - My favorite universe in any manga by far, I already feel myself inside the universe just by reading the manga so I imagine how it would be as a good anime adaptation, although at the same time I get really worried about censure if this get an adaptation.

I agree. I'll certainly read it a second time after it finishes publishing.
Dec 30, 2016 6:54 AM

Feb 2016
Good Ending - gawd awesome romance why >◆< why you do dis!!!!
And i want a remaster of Kimi no Iru Machi the anime is straight up crap while the manga was very freaking good

Dec 31, 2016 5:55 PM

Oct 2012
Vinland saga. not sure if unpopular but...well..i want anime so bad!
Humans are things that don't know the true value of something precious until they lose it.
And if somehow they get their precious thing back, they'll forget its value again.
- Mido Ban
Jan 22, 2017 9:11 PM

Dec 2009
Anyone want to make this thread alive again?
Feb 3, 2017 7:52 AM

Sep 2014
Change 123
It would be awesome to see all the fights adapted by some good studio. Also, the anime story overall is pretty nice, with lots of interesting characters, with unique aspects along with

Also, it would be nice to see some nice panty shot from this
Feb 26, 2017 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Bluish
Yes, nobody knows this, but it's a heartwarming little thing about children with supernatural powers, who are trying to cope with life and the death of their parents.
The art is also so beautiful and I'd love to see a movie about it. X3

And no, it's not horror. Must be a false tag. ^^"
Mar 2, 2017 11:46 AM

Feb 2017
I want Nejimaki Kagyu animated by Studio Trigger, with Hiroyuki Imaishi as taking the lead.

It would be so good. It'd be one of those anime that's really popular during the time it's airing and then a "whatever happened to that" topic, but it'd still be such a delight to see the fight scenes in Nejimaki Kagyuu animated by him.
Mar 9, 2017 1:31 PM

Dec 2009
Anyone else has a forgotten manga they'd like animated?
Mar 9, 2017 2:00 PM

Oct 2014
Homunculus, Onanie Master Kurosawa, Drifting Classroom and Kirihito Sanka
Mar 16, 2017 9:10 PM

Oct 2014
Claudine...! would be a neat one to see animated. It's about a trans man's struggles to find love in an environment that essentially has no respect for him. The manga is sad of course (because Riyoko Ikeda), but it's just so weirdly captivating. I think if a good writer toned down some of the melodrama and fleshed out the story more, it would be pretty solid; as it is, it's pretty short. Though it was written in the 70s, it might be more relevant to the present with all its discussion about transgenderism and transgender rights. Really, it's the perfect time to adapt something like this.
ichiban_alexMar 16, 2017 9:15 PM
Mar 17, 2017 3:06 AM

Mar 2017
guulaash said:
DEFENCE DEVIL.... ive always wanted to see how that mightve turned out animated

I woud love to see that one animated. It would be so good.

Also Hayate x Blade and Donyatsu would be great if they were animated.
Mar 23, 2018 11:57 AM

Aug 2016
some of the manga mentioned here are really popular, meh, people are not trying enough

Biomeat Nectar and/or Metro Survive by Bones of Madhouse would be my first bet. I´d like to see a "Parasyte" treatment.

Currently reading a good manga called "Cestus". WIT would be my studio option with Araki, but Id like an ost and an opening by Susumu Hirasawa.

Stavaganza by WIT would also be amazing, but in that case Sawano instead of Susumu would work better.

there´s another good manga I read recently called "Kokumin Quiz" but cant think of a studio or director, or whatever
:v
Mar 24, 2018 2:28 PM
Apr 2017
Bremen and G Senjou Heaven's Door
Mar 26, 2018 2:03 AM

Aug 2015
quite a few actually but if i have to choose only 2 or 3 than they would be

Psyren

wild life

Addicted to curry

Mar 26, 2018 12:32 PM

Apr 2016
strobe edge would be cute in animation

one flower that continues to struggle for
blossom is more beautiful than a gem

Apr 28, 2019 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
Why not revive this, maybe.
May 3, 2019 9:30 PM

Apr 2007
Worst
Crows
Liar Game
Judge
Goth
I am a hero
Mai-chan no Nichijou
Oyasumi Punpun
QP

there would be nice

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Sep 2018
I would like to see Parfait tic! It's not that popular, but it has a drama named "Love buffet" made in Taiwan and recently, one in Japan.

I think this shoujo needs more readers and more popularity. At least, I hope I can see this in english sometime but the manga ended in 2007 so... my hopes aren't too high.
May 11, 2019 4:13 AM

Aug 2018
I want the manga called "Liar Game" to be made into an anime! The manga is really a masterpiece and it's so much interesting too! If death note is popular because the MC is a genius and all then this manga should be popular too because the mc in this manga is a genius too!
May 18, 2019 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Takahashi Yoichi's Pride
Baggataway (although it's still in time)
Sword Gale Gaiden
Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms (there's a live action film, it would be a nice animated film)
Adachi Mitsuro's Blue Sky
And I would resume the rest of Dai no Daibouken, whose anime was cancelled while the manga went on.
May 18, 2019 4:58 PM

Apr 2013
I'd really like to see Sesuji wo Pin! to: Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso animated. If I somehow got to be choosy, I'd like a two cour adaptation and a budget more focused on upping the animation quality over pulling in big VA's. I don't care about the VA's if the dancing looks great.
May 18, 2019 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
Onanie master Kurosawa must be animated! Seriously, I kind of understand why it hasn’t got an anime adaptation(it’s kind of in the name) BUT IT REALLY FREAKING DESERVES ONE!!!
Jul 18, 2019 6:48 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
No one's probably gonna take this seriously cuz people in here don't seem to care about kids' manga too much, but...

I would love for Fairy Idol Kanon to be animated!

It's one of my late-childhood favorites and I think it has the potential to be a good anime for people of all ages.
It's a story about three girls who want to be idols, and a fairy princess helps them on that path. Like many idol stories, they have a rival, but there's also a decent amount of story devoted to the fairy princess's kingdom and world.

I like the main characters and their character designs-- they're cute, very easy to draw and memorable. There are some nice morals and the direction the story took was surprising for a manga like this in my opinion. The potential this manga has for further character and world development might make this worthy of an adaptation.
The biggest issue that I can see people having a problem with are the visuals, which sometimes gets really inconsistent, but I looked past that and still enjoyed this series nonetheless.

I really think Fairy Idol Kanon has potential to get an anime adaptation because:

1. From what I've seen from The Anime Man's video on the top 100 anime decided by Japanese otakus, Japan really seems to love idol shows.
    Considering Fairy Idol Kanon is mainly an idol story, that'd easily grab people's attention and would be a good decision from a business perspective.
  2. There are plenty of magical transformations that the three main girls go through, which often gives them different outfits. This would easily catch the interest of magical girl enthusiasts who like magical girl idol shows, like Creamy Mami and Lilpri.
  3. Again, the visuals! Based on the covers of each of the four volumes, you can assume it would be a very cute story. Might catch the eye of moe/"cute girls doing cute things" enthusiasts.
  4. Since it would be a kids show and it has cutesy designs, there is obvious potential for merchandise. I can definitely imagine something like singing dolls of the main characters, or plastic models of the fairy princess's wand.

I'm not going to be super picky about production since I'd just love for this manga to get any kind of attention at this point... but if I had to pick a director, I'd love Junichi Sato to direct this.
I love his work on Ojamajo Doremi and Sailor Moon, and I did enjoy both versions of his original concept, Prétear. It's clear that he likes thoroughly developing characters, and considering how he's done a lot of work on children's shows, I think he'd be a perfect fit for an adaptation of Fairy Idol Kanon.

I don't really have any songwriters or idol groups in mind, but for background music composer? Hmmmmm...
Can't really say Yuki Kajiura (though I love her Madoka Magica OST!!!) lol, but I can imagine maybe Takayuki Negishi. I do like his BGM work for Tokyo Mew Mew and Cardcaptor Sakura. I also loved Uta Kata's soundtrack, so maybe the composer for that show (Megumi Oohashi) would be nice too.
Whoever did the BGM for Bottle Fairy could also work, I love Bottle Fairy's soundtrack and it kinda gives a similar vibe to how I want this adaptation to be.

I don't have any particular studio in mind though. Maybe Toei Animation, but they do tend to get messy on some shows though. They do seem like a good fit considering their work on children's shows for girls, though.

But yeah, Fairy Idol Kanon is the first one I thought of when it came to this thread!!!!
Fario-PJul 18, 2019 6:58 AM
Jul 20, 2019 8:02 PM

Feb 2016
Cat Street
Coelacanth
Fukushuu Kyoushitsu
Kakukaku Shikajika
Last Game
My Girl
Shimanami Tasogare
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Jul 23, 2019 12:26 AM

Oct 2015
I’m truly waiting for the day Yotsuba&! gets anime. I don’t mind how it is produced. Yotsuba is the most darling character to me and although they are concerned with how the humor will translate, I am not concerned at all. I believe it can be done. Even if it is an adaptation of the manga or I would even adore a written-for-movie one-shot addition to the franchise. I’ll take anything Yotsuba!
Jul 23, 2019 1:51 AM

Jul 2016
Worst, or "The Worst Time To Be Alive" in its English release or "Survival Of The Fittest" as it is named in its official Italian release, it's one of my favorite manga ever.

The story of a good-hearted, goofy but extremely strong (both physically and mentally) country bumpkin named Hana thrown into the worst criminal-filled school of Japan, where he wants to survive and become the "Strongest Student Alive", a title which permits him to reign the school as a peaceful leader, and stop all of the gangs pullulating it from killing each other. Worst is the sequel to another manga called "Crows", which got a ruinous OVA that got everyone from producing an adaptation for the sequel.

I think Worst would be great as an anime now, with more and more testosterone-filled anime about family and friendship like Jojo, Baki and Dr. Stone getting so popular.
Maybe produced by David Pro or Madhouse, but I think that the most suited studio would be TMS.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jul 26, 2019 9:11 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Hello, hello, I'm back here again. I have just remembered another manga that might be interesting to see animated.
Now this manga isn't one of my favorites and I hardly believe anyone who's read this will remember this short manga at all, but I think it'd certainly be interesting to see it getting animated: Lovely Decoration!!.

It's a short, one-volume story about a girl who loves eating the cakes that her father's bakery makes. Her father wants her to do more than just munch on their food though, so he leaves and forces her and a boy who works as an apprentice to keep the bakery running.

Despite the short length and how long ago Lovely Decoration came out, I can still see some potential for this as an OVA/ONA or something at least, because cooking manga has gained success and anime adaptations in the past, notably series like Food Wars and Yumiero Patissiere (in fact, Yumeiro Patissiere is actually very similar to Lovely Decoration).
But then again, popular series like Kitchen Princess have never gotten animated, so who knows?
Jul 27, 2019 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
* Guru Guru Pon-Chan
* Imadoki!
* Kitchen Princess
* Alice 19th
* Papillon: Hana to Chou
Jul 29, 2019 8:13 AM
Dec 2017
I would love it if Apocalypse no Toride got an anime. It's a very interesting take on the zombie genre with characters you can come to like, backstories, and a surprise ending. I didn't really have a favorite character because I liked almost every main character about the same amount.

You can think of it as a combination of Highschool of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, and Prison School. The only similarities Apocalypse no Toride has with Prison School is that it takes place in a prison and the comedy though.
Apr 3, 2020 5:14 PM

Dec 2009
Let's bring this thread back to life...!

I have a few that kinda stand out in mind that'd be nice to experience animated, but for now for the sake of revealing at least one;
Shoujo Fujuubun.

The psychological mystery in learning about the little girl and the traumatic period she's unknowingly going through while the protagonist is trapped with her by accident is fascinating.
The story was written by Nisio Isin, the creator of The Monogatari Series, along with the art of Sankarea's Hattori Mitsuru.
I can't think of which studio would fit best but it'd be cool to see this animated.
Apr 8, 2020 9:17 PM

Oct 2016
waalex11 said:
NG Life is a manga that, to me is a true masterpiece, which I'd love for it to get an anime adaption.

+1 on that

I would want STROBE EDGE to be animated as well. I need more shoujo. I know there's some but not everything that gets animated is to my liking so...
Apr 8, 2020 9:21 PM

Jul 2019
There already is an anime for it but it was too short. Danchigai. The most wholesome manga that got an anime adaption, however, it was only one or three minutes per episode
Apr 10, 2020 5:01 AM
Apr 2020
Kattobi Itto and Buttobi Itto, two great football/soccer mangas (sequels). They didn't only contain sports but also wacky humor that would give you stomache.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why so much ntr in manhwa?

TheRacist11 - May 12

6 by FruitPunchBaka »»
58 minutes ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

165 by AnikaGSD »»
4 hours ago

» The Worst manga you've ever read ( 1 2 )

Kumoiro_Shizuki - May 21

74 by DesuMaiden »»
6 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

15 by DesuMaiden »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Is "grittiness" in manga bad?

Tenderizer79 - May 11

4 by JaniSIr »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.