Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2016 4:02 PM
Feb 2016
Yeah, Gintama and Hunter x Hunter (2011) are already on so many lists, that it's difficult to tell what people like, if they have them on their list. I suppose it's not surprising, considering how popular and critically acclaimed they are...

Anyways, the most boring shows, in my opinion are:
a) Shows in the top 1000 of MAL
b) Shows from the action genre
c) Shows from the comedy genre
d) Shows which have a vowel in their name
e) Shows with a female character
f) Shows with a male character
g) Shows with the colour white in them
h) Shows with a director

Ugh, so boring. See them on every single list.
Jul 27, 2016 4:04 PM

Jan 2015
merryfistmas said:
ezlord said:
All slice of life. Except a few comedies

Serial experiments lain, stein gates, boy bebop. Black cat, oh god the list just goes on its making me sleep, my dropped list should do the trick, after all it's longer than some peoples dick
I measured your dropped list, and can confirm it is longer than my dick.

Whew I bet your feeling the relief flood in right now

ur opinion = shit
Jul 27, 2016 4:05 PM

Jun 2016
Taz_ said:
merryfistmas said:
Now I ask you, noble citizens of MAL[...]

Sorry, I recently just immigrated to MAL, so I don't have my citizenship yet.

you should be assimilated first into this community ,learn the language that used here and find a job then you'll have your citizenship.
Jul 27, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2015
Almost every anime has a boring part in it. But I can say that slice of life genre can always be boring. (Still like it a lot)
Jul 27, 2016 4:12 PM

Jan 2015
Redundant anime (Pokemon is an example of this but Team Rocket is saving this anime from being dropped by me)
Overhyped anime
Anime with no discernible plot
Predictable anime
Anime that started out great then turned shitty (I'm looking at you SAO)
Anime with characters that are pain in the buttered ass
Jul 27, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 2015
All my favorite shows...Next!

-Mastergold
Jul 27, 2016 4:21 PM

Apr 2015
The "Naruto, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, Ghibli movies" people. Though those people don't usually have MAL accounts.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 27, 2016 4:25 PM

May 2015
those people who's favorite anime are Kill la Kill, Ping Pong The Animation, FLCL, Kaiba, Psycho-Pass, 1997 Berserk, Tekkon Kinkreet, Hunter x Hunter(2011) and Haibane Renmei. You know they are just elitist anime.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jul 27, 2016 4:28 PM

Aug 2008
1. I find shows that bet a lot on the shock value of gore or violence, like Elfen Lied, Tokyo Ghoul, Hellsing and Parasyte. The last three are not specifically bad but I feel most people like them mostly because they look 'cool'.

2. Same stuff with all those "cool" shounen shows. I'll always find Fairy Tail, Naruto, One Piece and stuff like those boring. There are some of these kind of shows I like but I feel a bit pissed when people will only watch stuff like this and dislike anime without "cool fighting scenes"

3. The one I like to call "LOOK AT THAT DEAD PUPPY IT JUST APPEARED - to make your eyes bawl". I usually enjoy melodrama, but not stuff like anohana, Shigatsu, or ...the worst of them all, Plastic Memories (ah okay. Sora no Method and CHarlotte were way worse). They don't bother building a decent momentum, creating coherent relationships, but out of nowhere there will be a puppy death scene and it'll create the background sound and the characters will cry and it'll make you cry. Do you know how sitcoms make you laugh with the laughing noise in the background pretending something is funny? They make you think something is sad by adding some crying here and there. And some people always claim these shows to be masterpieces and I roll my eyes.

I am a bitter person.
絶対大丈夫だよ

Jul 27, 2016 4:32 PM

Jan 2015
CatSoul said:
The "Naruto, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, Ghibli movies" people. Though those people don't usually have MAL accounts.

Uh oh..... *goes into hiding*

this annoying 30 character limit has got to go
Jul 27, 2016 4:36 PM

Dec 2012
I guess the most boring to me would be a list filled with village bicycle series that pretty much everyone has seen, and are all in the same genre/demographic.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jul 27, 2016 4:37 PM

Mar 2014
ashfrliebert said:
those people who's favorite anime are Kill la Kill, Ping Pong The Animation, FLCL, Kaiba, Psycho-Pass, 1997 Berserk, Tekkon Kinkreet, Hunter x Hunter(2011) and Haibane Renmei. You know they are just elitist anime.
I was wondering how long it would take to get this response.
Jul 27, 2016 4:37 PM

May 2014
Slice of life and things relating of the sorts, where things are far more laid-back and in most cases slow paced. Now I obviously find exceptions in it, I've judged quite a few anime by their cover or first few minutes by being slice of life. Don't get me wrong; I find nothing wrong with the genre. Sit down with a hot cup of tea and relax, but it just isn't my cup of tea. Really scenic shots and casual conversations bore me to no end, and any slice of life that is acclaimed to be amazing I can't see it as being, as to me they're just there to help relax and share a heartwarming or heartwrenching story, not there to blow your expectations. Else it'd go against it's genre.
Jul 27, 2016 4:40 PM

Oct 2015
Mkim said:
Ragix said:
Hey man, Mushishi can be happy too.
I mentioned Mushishis cause it was the first thing that came to mind after I saw the word boring .^.

awww naw why ya gotta be doin this man

okay so Mushishi is boring a lot of time but when you are in the mood to watch it, it can be a fucking experience

also best anime ost ever imo

As for what constitutes boring taste, I don't think any specific examples make one's taste boring. Someone's taste is boring when they have those favourites clearly to just try and fit with some clique or society at large.
Jul 27, 2016 4:44 PM

May 2016
I get what Digibro is going for when he makes that list, but I really can't think of a consistent list of anime that I feel would really stand out as someone having really boring or predictable taste. Me looking at a list of five favorites doesn't really tell me anything about the person in question. I have no idea if they seriously like the anime, if they don't properly understand them and put them there anyway, or whatever other reason.

I think what's more important is how that person kind of acts on forums and how that correlates with their taste in favorites. It's really hard to describe with any reliable accuracy, but as a general rule of thumb, I find that a lot of people who dislike the sort of pretentious set of anime shows in an obnoxious and repetitive manner end up having very predictable anime as their favorites.

This is especially true when they use the same old witticisms and rarely ever engage in an actual discussion on the merits or shortfalls of the anime they so profanely repeat that they dislike. I personally find it funny when they end up liking a similar anime but "like" it for the most asinine reasons.

On the other end of the spectrum, I find that people who resort to passive aggressiveness and sarcastic one liners as a means of expressing their intelligence also tend to have predictable anime in their favorites.
YudinaJul 27, 2016 4:47 PM
Jul 27, 2016 4:44 PM
Jan 2013
Lobinde said:
Mkim said:
I mentioned Mushishis cause it was the first thing that came to mind after I saw the word boring .^.

okay so Mushishi is boring a lot of time but when you are in the mood to watch it, it can be a fucking experience

only read the manga
How do what to do now then
gone bai bai
Jul 27, 2016 4:48 PM

Oct 2015
Mkim said:
Lobinde said:

only read the manga

Here's the ost

Yudina said:
I get what Digibro is going for when he makes that list, but I really can't think of a consistent list of anime that I feel would really stand out as someone having really boring or predictable taste. Me looking at a list of five favorites doesn't really tell me anything about the person in question. I have no idea if they seriously like the anime, if they don't properly understand them and put them there anyway, or whatever other reason.

I think what's more important is how that person kind of acts on forums and how that correlates with their taste in favorites. It's really hard to describe with any reliable accuracy, but as a general rule of thumb, I find that a lot of people who dislike the sort of pretentious set of anime shows in an obnoxious and repetitive manner end up having very predictable anime as their favorites.

This is especially true when they use the same old witticisms and rarely ever engage in an actual discussion on the merits or shortfalls of the anime they so profanely repeat that they dislike. I personally find it funny when they end up liking a similar anime but "like" it for the most asinine reasons.

On the other end of the spectrum, I find that people who resort to passive aggressiveness and sarcastic one liners as a means of expressing their intelligence also tend to have predictable anime in their favorites.

I find that if anything someone's attitude can be better discerned from how they treat the stuff that they dislike.
Jul 27, 2016 4:50 PM

Jun 2015
Boring taste is the mainstream shit that doesn't even deserve the recognition it has.

SAO, Clannad, Fairytail, Angel Beats, Naruto, anything mainstream those shits

They're all safe choices to put in a favorites list.

My most boring taste would have to be HxH 2011. Damn my boring taste is heavenly.
CosmosJul 27, 2016 4:53 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 4:52 PM

May 2016
Lobinde said:
I find that if anything someone's attitude can be better discerned from how they treat the stuff that they dislike.
Yea, I mentioned this somewhere else, but one thing that you sort of realize growing up is you don't have to like everything that other people do, but if something's really acclaimed, there has to be a set of reasons (legitimate or not) that people like it. There are rarely few times, even to things I completely dislike, where I can't come up with a good solid few reasons why people like it.

People who generally have the most predictable and boring opinions (and taste) are the type of people who really aren't able to form those kind of justifications, or at the very least aren't able to see why people like something. It's especially annoying when they think they do.
Jul 27, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2014
Boring taste is a taste that i can predict.

If i can predict most of the ratings on the list with the most generic explanations out there then the taste is so boring that it makes me facepalm.

Also a taste with no variety is boring.

Anyway most tend to be tryhard edgy critics, so if they happen to be legit then i call them a user with boring taste.
Jul 27, 2016 5:02 PM
Jan 2013
Lobinde said:
Mkim said:
only read the manga

Here's the ost
>4 hours

sorry no can do​​​​​​​​​​​
gone bai bai
Jul 27, 2016 5:03 PM

Oct 2015
Murozaki said:

3. Believe in the concept "Objectively Good Opinions".

I wouldn't say this makes someone's preferences "boring" so to speak but it's annoying nonetheless.

The whole "objective opinion" thing is something I've been speaking out on for a while now. (as you can see in my sig lol)
Jul 27, 2016 5:05 PM

Jul 2016
Either stuff like Naruto, Once Piece, Fairy Tail, and Bleach, or all the stuff elitists cream over like Evangelion.

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 27, 2016 5:09 PM

Mar 2016
People who only look for 'good' shows without trying to find the niche that might resonate with them a little better tend to be superficial and boring.
syncrogazerJul 27, 2016 5:15 PM
Jul 27, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
Slice of Life and "flavor of the month" puts me to sleep.
Jul 27, 2016 5:13 PM

Jan 2015
Dude, I must be the most boring person on the planet. I like most of the anime on here that people say are boring tastes lol (ie: Fairy Tail, One Piece, Naruto) and Slice of Life lol okay not really since I"m not one of those people who talks about my favorite anime all the time so I'm not boring after all. I think lol

*goes back into hiding*
ArillionJul 27, 2016 5:34 PM
Jul 27, 2016 5:13 PM

Nov 2012
Think it's very boring when people claim that Steins;Gate is literally the best show ever and "the deepest shit ever" nd stuff.

Also people who can't fucking stop about SAO, FMAB and Tokyo Ghoul. Yikes.
Jul 27, 2016 5:17 PM

Dec 2013
Monogatari series
Madoka
FMA Brotherhood
Steins;Gate
Hunter x Hunter
Evangelion
Gurren Lagann
Kill la Kill
Fate/anything
Texhnolyze
Mushishi
Cowboy Bebop
Jul 27, 2016 5:18 PM

Jan 2015
The most boring favourite lists are the empty ones.
Jul 27, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2015
Also boring are fillers! I mean I understand the need to not catch up too fast to the manga but come on. An anime with more fillers than not tends to get boring.
Jul 27, 2016 5:39 PM

Jun 2015
I really don't think having just one or two of these series mentioned in their favorites really qualifies for boring taste, rather it would be a whole list filled with them.
Jul 27, 2016 5:39 PM

Jan 2011
Boring taste? OH this video..it was pretty good. He just wanted people to give reasons for why they liked the shows they put in a top 9 list. He feels some people put certain shows on their list just to look cool which is kind of a sad truth. I noticed it with video games. Anyone who doesn't play games but when around gamers will act like Madden,. 2K, FIFA(In Europe) and COD are the best things since slice bread.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 27, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
Lain, and Azumanga Daioh...

Lain just doesn't have a soundtrack and that acoustic makes me drowsy...

And Azumanga sometimes is hilarious, though, it's more boring than its funny
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Jul 27, 2016 6:21 PM

Jan 2008
People who avoid putting popular shows on their favorites lists are just hipsters. Anyone is free to put whatever show they want on their favorites, whether someone else thinking they're good or not doesn't matter. If you're being influenced by someone else to put something else on your favorites just to feel 'superior', that's less being your favorite and more so theirs, at which point, you can't really call it your list anymore.
Jul 27, 2016 6:30 PM

Dec 2015
In my opinion it's a ridiculous hipster mentality to try to show how unique and interesting you are by refusing to like anything that's popular. The idea of forcing oneself to find and like obscure titles outside the mainstream that hardly anyone has seen, just to show what a special snowflake they are, has never appealed to me. Such dishonesty to oneself is what I find truly boring. Other people liking something shouldn’t prevent you from liking it also.

I get it that people who've dedicated a lot of time to something want to differentiate themselves from the "casuals". Like PC gamers who want to differentiate themselves of the more casual console users, who in turn want to differentiate themselves from the mobile gamers. Or the how C++ programmers want to show how HC they are by pointing out how JS (or another high-level language) is not a real programming language whenever possible. Or how avid movie watchers bash on blockbusters hits for being mindless action garbage. However, such elitism only makes people look bad in my eyes.

Naturally, I also find the opposite to be boring too: if someone were to only add titles to their favourites just to fit in with as many people as possible, that'd be equally moronic and dishonest to oneself.

I pay no heed to others' opinion when adding titles to my favourites. If anything, I'd be surprised and saddened, if a show I've found good enough to consider a favourite wouldn't be even remotely popular. I didn't favourite the titles I did because they're popular, but because I found them genuinely good. And they're poplar because they are good -- not the other way around. And as a consequence, the titles I’ve ended up favouriting just so happen to be poplar picks for other people’s favourite lists. Or that's how I see it anyway, a show that doesn't do something right doesn't end up popular just by pure chance.

Of course, if I one day stumble across an undiscovered gem that's nowhere near popularity, I'll still favourite it without question; but I’d be surprised if such a masterpiece wouldn’t have already found its audience with other people as well prior ty me discovering it.

And I’m naturally not saying someone shouldn’t be allowed to dislike a popular show despite (not because of) its popularity, either. However, it feels like some portion of this same boring hipster crowd feel compelled to find something poplar to bash on (like, SAO is a poplar one to hate), just to show that they’re not a blind sheep like everyone else and then go onto exaggerate their point to stir up the pod.

But then again, maybe other people treat their anime lists as more of a statement about themselves, rather than an honest list of what they enjoyed watching. My point with all this being, people who complain about the mainstream seem to be just as affected and biased by it as the people they’re complaining about are. Who knows, maybe I’m wrong.
Jul 27, 2016 6:32 PM

Mar 2016
My favorites are favorites regardless of rating. For instance, I love all things FSN including the 2006 anime, which is fairly controversial I suppose.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Jul 27, 2016 6:42 PM

Apr 2016
You'd think Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball, and Pokemon would qualify, but they don't seem to.

Ghost in the Shell arguably does.

Maybe Soul Eater.
Got oppai?
Jul 27, 2016 6:45 PM

Jul 2016
What should I do if I like Code Geass, Death Note, Steins;Gate, Clannad and Naruto?
Jul 27, 2016 6:47 PM
Nov 2015
the anime community is way to brutal. let me guess, liking asano inio automatically makes you a elitist.
Jul 27, 2016 6:53 PM

Jun 2011
I think there is a reason why people tell me over and over my favorites list is interesting despite having Evangelion on it... I honestly dont care. They actually are my favorites. They represent significant periods in anime for me. However, I have thought about switching it up to include Gravitation or Inuyasha because of how they impactected me as a young fan but also wish to include some newer anime sometimes. Like Sweetness and Lightening...

But yeah. I dont know anyone who hates Full Metal Alchemist.

My favorites:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
TV · 1995
Fullmetal Alchemist
TV · 2003
Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Duel Monsters
TV · 2000
Moldiver
OVA · 1993
School Days
TV · 2007
Energetic-NovaJul 27, 2016 6:56 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 27, 2016 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
I'd say the kind of people that just stick with old anime classics like Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Akira and that. It's not that the shows are bad or that I don't like old anime, I actually like it a lot (at least the few ones I've seen), but it's just the kind of culture they have created that bores me a lot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 6:55 PM

Jun 2015
Shuhan said:
Kona_Kana said:

That's 80% of my favorites right there.

That makes you 80% hipster. COngrats fam.

How does that make someone a hipster? They're all very critically acclaimed shows.
KurtmoJul 27, 2016 6:59 PM
Jul 27, 2016 7:06 PM

Jun 2011
MohitVermillion said:
I'd say the kind of people that just stick with old anime classics like Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Akira and that. It's not that the shows are bad or that I don't like old anime, I actually like it a lot (at least the few ones I've seen), but it's just the kind of culture they have created that bores me a lot.
Expand on that idea please. Personally... would love a real anime series adaptation of Akira not missing anything from the manga. But also feel the movie is mostly only relevant to anime historians and people who care about WTF or psychological anime. Just sad that the landmark in animation had so much cut from the source because it was a movie
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 27, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2015
Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain
pIng pong the Animation
Texhnolyze
pIng pong the Animation
Samurai champloo
Texhnolyze
Jul 27, 2016 7:39 PM

Oct 2015
Three types of people:

- Firstly, people with all mainstream shounen as favorites.
- People with all 'elitist stuff' as favorites
- And lastly, ecchi/hentai people (Sorry Mamster, no offence dude)

People with diverse taste are a little more interesting, as you can't always know what they'll like or dislike. But then again, people can do whatever they want. It's not like everyone makes their favorites list only to impress others.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jul 27, 2016 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
ashfrliebert said:
Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain
pIng pong the Animation
Texhnolyze
pIng pong the Animation
Samurai champloo
Texhnolyze

Since when is Samurai Champloo an elitist show?
Jul 27, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2015
Is Samurai Champloo an anime? If the answer is yes, than always.
Jul 27, 2016 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
People with Tatami Galaxy, Texhnolyze,Serial Experiment Lain as favorite.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 27, 2016 7:50 PM

Oct 2013
Hmm most boring taste in anime
Well I guess I could say my own favourites list so to say. When almost every show on the list is from around the same year.
But that's just me trying to look at it from a objective point of view
Jul 27, 2016 7:51 PM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
ashfrliebert said:
Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain
pIng pong the Animation
Texhnolyze
pIng pong the Animation
Samurai champloo
Texhnolyze

Since when is Samurai Champloo an elitist show?

Because cowboy bebop is everyone's first retro elitist show but a true hipster thinks samurai champloo is better.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

111 by Viriathus »»
10 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - 2 hours ago

6 by EmilCioran »»
23 minutes ago

» Favorite English Dub VA and Their Best Performance

Jackof-allspades - 9 hours ago

15 by TheBlockernator »»
49 minutes ago

» An anime analogue of your favorite Western animation

RobertBobert - Apr 9

26 by Ezeeql »»
50 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

48 by lycoping »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.