Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 15, 2015 7:16 PM

Mar 2015
I still think the pacing is too slow (considering there are 11 episodes) but I can't fucking wait for the next episode. Also this anime gives me a Zankyou no Terror vibe, which is nice.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Oct 15, 2015 7:25 PM

Aug 2007
That car scene gave me serious Utena vibes...and that's a good thing in my book.
Oct 15, 2015 7:35 PM

Jun 2015
Ale1212 said:
At this moment I thought "Hell, no! She's about to give him head!"

Thanks god I was wrong. Nice episode overall.

I liked the china girl for some reason.

You're not the only one.
Read Toriko!
Oct 15, 2015 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
Fucking creepy.

I mean that in a good way. It gives off the same vibes as Zankyou no Terror with the "terror" and ambiance city vibes. Also, it gives off the thrill that Higashi no Eden did.

I love the music. The scene where Magata unleashed herself and all the lights were flicking. It was scary!

SUZUKI TATSUHISA'S CHARACTER OMG I COULDN'T FOCUS. IT SOUNDS SO WRONG. WHY IS HE VOICING SUCH AN UGLY OLD GUY?
Oct 15, 2015 7:58 PM

Jun 2012
I thought the shift was his penis.
Oct 15, 2015 8:11 PM

Apr 2014
Interesting. Already like this way more than Sakurako.
Oct 15, 2015 8:13 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
I wanted to reply to a lot of what the previous posters said, but instead of quoting them, I'll just say what I'm thinking.

1. "Oji-san" doesn't necessarily mean her blood relative uncle. The term is used by younger people to refer to all middle-aged men regardless of relation. That said, it still could be her blood relative uncle, especially if that Oji-san is the same as the narrator at the beginning of episode 1.

2. Personally, I didn't feel the pacing was slow at all. Maybe that's just me, but I sort of enjoy slower-paced anime in general. A slower pace means more detail. Scenes that may be important would be cut for time in a faster-paced anime. In a mystery-thriller, that could make or break the story, and slowing the pace also helps to heighten the suspense. I think a slower pace is both called for and used effectively here.

3. The similarities between Shiki and Moe: I haven't read the original work (though I want to after seeing these 2 episodes), but I have a bit of a suspicion that Moe's character is a lot darker than we might think. As someone said, she is very out of place against the rest of the cast. That makes me think we are being led to a false conclusion regarding her character. So far, she's mostly been cast as a lovelorn ojou-sama... but I have to think the reason for the comparison between the two is an indication that Moe will also follow in Shiki's path. Or maybe she already has? Suwano (the butler) has divulged that Moe's parents are already dead, but do we know how?

4. Despite my ominous feeling about Moe, I almost am expecting the real Magata Shiki to come bursting out of the locked room after everyone has their attention on the "doll on the P1". Well, not really, but obviously something unexpected will happen. (Wait... Is it possible for something unexpected to obviously happen?)

Sorry for the wall of text. I really enjoy series like this one, so I get a little excited when I think about and discuss them. ^_^
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 15, 2015 8:15 PM
Oct 2010
Shuhan said:
I thought the shift was his penis.

Well, they were trying to be 'symbolic', but as you know, anime and subtlety...

kyoudai said:

2. Personally, I didn't feel the pacing was slow at all. Maybe that's just me, but I sort of enjoy slower-paced anime in general. A slower pace means more detail.

The posters above are not complaining about slow pace. They are complaining about the slow pace of this 11 episode adaptation, and the reasonable question of what parts of the novel it can cover this way.
Oct 15, 2015 8:26 PM
Jan 2014
block100 said:
That was a weird car ride, I thought she was gonna murder the dude.

Not really a good idea if you haven't fastened your seat belt...
Anyway, my anime of this season so far, love me some mystery! And that OP!
Oct 15, 2015 8:27 PM

Jul 2012
block100 said:
That was a weird car ride, I thought she was gonna murder the dude.
Extremely creepy and awkward. She looked like she wanted him to rape her on the spot.
Oct 15, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2009
Are you fucking serious? For all that this show tries to sell itself as an intellectual mystery, the characters sure do some dumb shit. Why didn't the guards just stop the cart? She wasn't actually racing off into the sunset.

Every time the show takes one step forward it finds away to take two backwards.
Oct 15, 2015 8:29 PM

Nov 2014
episode is on point , gonna give props to A1 they have done far behind my expectations , this is probably the 3 best anime of the season just after opm and sakurako , that ending alone damn!
Stop the meaningless talk
Oct 15, 2015 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
Amarrez said:
Are you fucking serious? For all that this show tries to sell itself as an intellectual mystery, the characters sure do some dumb shit. Why didn't the guards just stop the cart? She wasn't actually racing off into the sunset.

LOL THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. I was like "Why are y'all just standing there?"

I hope this series turns out to be good but so far, both of the main females are making me want to kill myself.
Oct 15, 2015 8:43 PM

Jun 2015
mayukachan said:
Amarrez said:

I hope this series turns out to be good but so far, both of the main females are making me want to kill myself.

I don't mind Magata, but man does Moe leave a lot to be desired.
Oct 15, 2015 8:47 PM

Jul 2012
Equitum said:
She sure is horny for the uncle tho.
Oct 15, 2015 8:50 PM

Jun 2015
mayukachan said:
Equitum said:

I kind of feel like she's just manipulating him - I don't know if she's actually attracted to him. However, we don't know enough about it yet to really say.

Regardless, it's creepy and also interesting.
Oct 15, 2015 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
Equitum said:
mayukachan said:

I kind of feel like she's just manipulating him - I don't know if she's actually attracted to him. However, we don't know enough about it yet to really say.
Either that, or she's just mentally ill. But yeah, it's too early to say.
Oct 15, 2015 9:07 PM

Jul 2015
This is actually overwhelming, suspense buildup is out of control. Keeps me hooked even though its borderline don't know what's happening because it's so profound for me. I'm not going to pretend it's not interesting though.
Oct 15, 2015 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
Man, Moe is so adorable. She's pretty moe herself. xD Dr. Magata coming out from the elevator like a ghost was pretty creepy. Geez, she really isn't a normal person at all.
Oct 15, 2015 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
I dunno why but I really like the framing/angles A-1 is using, as well as the time spent on minute character queues like staying panned on moe giving that dissatisfied glance-back while Saikawa was talking to Yamane.

But wow, was not expecting that gripping feeling suspense at the end. That along with the paralleling of Moe and Shiki make me feel very good about the direction this is going in.

And I don't care about slow pacing, especially when it isn't necessarily slow, it's just the nature of the plot is gradual in the beginning. I'm never going to complain about proper characterization and buildup, and I'll never complain about 'slow' pacing in any kind of adaptation. I'll worry about it later once it actually becomes a problem.
Oct 15, 2015 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
lindsayzzz said:
Man, Moe is so adorable. She's pretty moe herself. xD
Half of her dialogue is "Sensei, why won't you fuck me?"
Oct 15, 2015 9:38 PM

Jul 2015
Wow... That ending freaked me out...

Moe makes me cringe when she talks, maybe she'll develop, who knows?
Oct 15, 2015 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
Welllllllll Magata is a sociopath.

Manipulating her weak willed uncle to drive her around and let her do stuff in the middle of the night. Also makes seem pretty clear that she was fucking her middle aged uncle at some point while she was only 13. And the uncle is also the narrator, double weird.

Yea, let me narrate this story about my sociopathic murdering niece who I was fucking behind my wife's back when she was only 13.
Oct 15, 2015 10:04 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Moe, she seems to have everyone but her teacher wrapped around her fingers XD The ending scene is creepy and makes me want to watch more!
Oct 15, 2015 10:10 PM

Apr 2011
mayukachan said:
lindsayzzz said:
Man, Moe is so adorable. She's pretty moe herself. xD
Half of her dialogue is "Sensei, why won't you fuck me?"

That dialogue goes deep :)
Oct 15, 2015 10:30 PM

Mar 2009
Okay. This episode was really intriguing. Felt like a completely different series compared to the first episode. What the fuck happened?

In any case, I'm on board now.
Oct 15, 2015 11:41 PM

Oct 2008
tingy said:
At the pace they're going at, I wouldn't be surprised if this case takes half the season to finish, and maybe finish it off with the last case? The anime (which led me to the drama) got me very interested in the S&M series, but I guess I would have to learn Japanese to read the whole thing.

I thought the same before the anime begun, but seeing this pace now I think they intend only to do the first novel. As they're taking 3 episodes just to set down the case I don't think they could fit in another story. Afaik they're also putting in content from the Shiki series of books in this episode.

For people who talk about how no one tried to stop the cart. Just wait for the next episode.
komasanOct 16, 2015 7:16 AM
Oct 16, 2015 12:11 AM

Apr 2012
Boring as fuck
Horrible pacing with Moe's cringey and obnoxious display of sexual frustration. Meanwhile sensei has an obsession for a sociopath and has some weird worldviews himself

Oct 16, 2015 12:20 AM

Oct 2011
Whow when Magata appeared 0_________0
Oct 16, 2015 12:27 AM

Mar 2011
Amarrez said:
both of the main females are making me want to kill myself.

More like one main Female character, the second one just rolled out on a cart in pieces. I actually like short hair one though.
Oct 16, 2015 1:03 AM

May 2012
hmm, not sure how i feel about this show quite yet
Oct 16, 2015 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
It's definitely interesting so far and I don't mind the pacing at the moment even though it might feel pretty rushed later on. Shiki is really creepy and the way she was dressed as the corpse bride added to it, everyone standing there was stupid though, I mean grabbing her might've been easier. I'll cut them some slack in the end because of how freaking creepy the whole thing was.

Seeing Magata seduce her uncle though was really awkward and kind of disgusting. Moe again is getting on my nerves.
Oct 16, 2015 3:53 AM
Sep 2014
If Moe was right and that was Dr. Magata on the cart, then it's likely she was murdered (if she's dead, that is) and some malicious code was planted in the system to make the system behave the way it did at a pre-determined time. Since the lab is isolated from outside networks, it means it must have been an inside job...which immediately casts suspicion on the director, who just happens to be out when all this stuff is happening.
Oct 16, 2015 4:40 AM

Jul 2013
Interesting episode.
Oct 16, 2015 6:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Much better than the first episode.

That was one disturbing car ride.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 16, 2015 6:38 AM

Nov 2013
i'm in love!
Oct 16, 2015 6:58 AM

Feb 2008
Creepy pseudo-doll-Magata was creepy. I wonder whether she caused the system malfunction by herself?
Oct 16, 2015 7:30 AM
Jan 2014
mayukachan said:
Amarrez said:

The episode was bearable until this

There were like six people in the room, why didn't they just jump her?????

So far Magata has been alright, but it's almost like they intentionally wrote Moe to be as cringe-inducing as possible.
Oct 16, 2015 7:32 AM

Feb 2015
I think we're looking at a masterpiece in the making. It's been a long time since I've been so thoroughly impressed with an anime.
Oct 16, 2015 7:50 AM

Nov 2013
she's probably dead.
Oct 16, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
alicieux said:
mayukachan said:

The episode was bearable until this

There were like six people in the room, why didn't they just jump her?????

So far Magata has been alright, but it's almost like they intentionally wrote Moe to be as cringe-inducing as possible.

I felt the same exact way... Can't lie. I guess you can pretend that they were all just really surprised and scared... We'll see what happens next episode, cause it's not like the fact they didn't immediately tackle the cart is that weird lol. They will most likely go up and see if it's her or a doll next episode, part of me thinks it was just to keep the tension until next week. Kinda lame, but yea..
Oct 16, 2015 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
The obvious question that is hard to fathom: why did no-one in the room move at all to try and stop the "doll" when it was suspected to be Magata herself?!?!? It wasn't exactly moving at breakneck speeds...

Otherwise, another very interesting episode. I can see the subject matter getting very mature and disturbing very fast, which I anticipate but also hope they deal with in the right way. This will most likely be my AOTS.
_AisuOct 16, 2015 8:29 AM
Oct 16, 2015 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
Painfully slow and not so exciting as I expected. The deepening of the relationship between the two protagonists can also be helpful, but I also found a near-fatal boredom. The color design is a bit depressing, even the quality of the drawings seem so good, I do not know what to think. Let's see if the situation shortly resume interest.

P.S. When the anime will be finished, a re-vision is advisable.
Oct 16, 2015 8:53 AM
Aug 2012
Frrrosty said:

Not to mention, all the male characters, I would say are equally mysterious. Saikama's pretentious personality may only be a facade, but what's more important now is the fact that he's an incredibly placid character, and is less in control of the conversations, where he is toyed by Moe. Just like Shiki's uncle, Saikawa's merely a receiver to her wishes. This is another implication of a doppelgänger motif.

I have a totally opposite perception of Moe vs Saikama. Sure he is placid but I got the feeling that he is the one in control of the situation every time he's with her, which is opposite of how things were with Shiki and her uncle. Sure Moe keeps nagging him, and he goes along with most of her antics but when it comes to real talk, all he has to say is 1 line and Moe is left with nothing else but to agree or pout like a child. This goes to show the difference between the two women, Shiki leads with little effort and Moe keeps trying but fails.

KarshiOct 16, 2015 9:10 AM
Oct 16, 2015 9:19 AM

Aug 2015
Karshi said:
Frrrosty said:

Not to mention, all the male characters, I would say are equally mysterious. Saikama's pretentious personality may only be a facade, but what's more important now is the fact that he's an incredibly placid character, and is less in control of the conversations, where he is toyed by Moe. Just like Shiki's uncle, Saikawa's merely a receiver to her wishes. This is another implication of a doppelgänger motif.

I have a totally opposite perception of Moe vs Saikama. Sure he is placid but I got the feeling that he is the one in control of the situation every time he's with her, which is opposite of how things were with Shiki and her uncle. Sure Moe keeps nagging him, and he goes along with most of her antics but when it comes to real talk, all he has to say is 1 line and Moe is left with nothing else but to agree or pout like a child. This goes to show the difference between the two women, Shiki leads with little effort and Moe keeps trying but fails.

Of course, it's all to do with interpretation. We just haven't seen enough to actually confirm Saikawa's position in this, I'm just basing my interpretation on how this episode presented the dialogues between him and Moe, and Shiki and her uncle. The episode kept cutting to and from their conversations, each mirroring each other with all the profile shots. As I suggested, we could just be scratching the surface with Saikawa's personality, and if he truly is more in control, then that would redeem the pseudo-intellectual tripe that he kept spouting throughout these two episodes.
Oct 16, 2015 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
dude sure smokes alot and Moe is fucking annoying hell even her name is stupid the lab looks amazing
Oct 16, 2015 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
I wonder how this will go on, Magata is really interesting.
The car scene was uncomfortable as fuck lol.
Oct 16, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2013
Woooo so creepy, can't wait until next week!
Oct 16, 2015 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
I despise people who consistently lie over trivial things, I can't stand Moe. I would of kicked her out if I was that dude as soon as I realized she wasted my time with her headache. Good episode though.
Jaywalker.
Oct 16, 2015 11:35 AM
Jan 2014
Man you gotta love those stock cicada sound effects.

Let me get this straight there's a character, that has gone through elementary school that doesn't know what a fairy tale is. Yeah I call bullshit on that

Stop the cart someone, well it's not like there was someone who was trained to keep the place secure, oh wait there was.

That inner beauty monologue, you really try to make otakus feel better didn't you. Come on that monologue was bloody stupid, so you're saying all those people inspired by nature to create things, are not as beautiful as on the inside as people who never goes out side, right. Man that psycopath living in isolation has a lot of inner beauty. Seriosly the episode went pretty good until he sprouted his pretentious lectures.

Let us just go to an island, where we can't contact the outside world and there's a person on the island, who we have heard has killed her parents, she's also a super genius btw. Oh look something went wrong after 15 years, what a coincidence. Let the murders begin, I say Moe should get killed first, she will not be missed. Except if she's the murderer, if that was true M. Night Shaymalan can eat his heart out.
Also people working on the island has to contact the boat beforehand and the helicopter is gone. So no escape routes. Nope doesn't smell like a death trap at all guys.

Moe your character is shit, you're also a liar.
Still better than last episode, but that really isn't that hard.

Shock_YinOct 16, 2015 11:53 AM

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

278 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

175 by 0arche »»
Jan 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

228 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 25, 2023 10:55 PM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

172 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.