Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 31, 2015 5:58 PM

Jun 2012
Confusing episode, by the way how were the problems at school of those 3 friends of her cleared at the end of the episode? Was it only implied that Yamada fixed them?
May 31, 2015 6:13 PM

Jun 2012
DarklordVor said:

But they skipped a lot of scenes? Is this one of the way to make anime watcher read the manga? Because I'm planning it now lol, to think that Noa's arc was actually longer in the manga o.O

Yeah, anime is just "bait" for people to pick the mangas, espeacilly 11-13 episodes ones... Damn, got hooked too even though I prefer anime.
May 31, 2015 6:16 PM

Aug 2014
DarklordVor said:
Kay_Lite said:
......Wow, they actually finished Noa's arc in a single episode... Pretty sure Noa's arc is pretty long in the manga?
Everything went so fast, lots of skipped scenes, I cannot even catch up with most of the things happening in this episode.. Now I'm worried for the next arc.. :/

Yeah I know that it was rushed (maybe they want to make one episode, one witch rule)

But they skipped a lot of scenes? Is this one of the way to make anime watcher read the manga? Because I'm planning it now lol, to think that Noa's arc was actually longer in the manga o.O

Yes, it took quite a lot of chapters in the manga. The episode itself is pretty confusing, but anime-watchers should probably read the manga after watching this episode, at least.

Well, most of the scenes they skipped are some of the character interactions and such (Plus, some funny moments too). They pretty much animated the important bits, some people can actually understand the episode even for anime-only watchers. Well, not me though. :/
May 31, 2015 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
Despite cramming Noa's arc into a single episode I still really enjoyed this episode. Anime-only watchers should definitely read the manga for more clarification and understanding though. Noa's voice actor was great though. Loved the 2nd half of the episode, especially when Noa and Yamada had the heart-to-heart serious conversation.
Noa x Yamada? / 5

I kid, I'm still a Shiraishi x Yamada nub. :D
May 31, 2015 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, as always I liked the Yamada attitude in this episode, I like his strong and gentle personality, the feelings of Noa were also touching, even though a rapid development I'm enjoying this adaptation ..
May 31, 2015 7:18 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty tense episode, at least to say by the end. It felt a bit odd as an anime-only watcher, but it was adequate.
May 31, 2015 7:21 PM
Jun 2010
Baggage, run far away.
May 31, 2015 7:58 PM

Dec 2013
Nice episode. Now i understand all the "Noa best girl", but i don't know who is the best witch for me
Even i, that don't read the manga, noticed that her arc was so much rushed, and they skipped many things about her and her story
This episode just made me want to read the manga a lot more
I think i'm gonna wait till the anime end, i don't know... I want to read it now ;-;
JohenMay 31, 2015 8:02 PM
May 31, 2015 8:04 PM

Mar 2013
I knew it! Noa's seyiu is the same as Komachi's from Oregairu. So cute :)
May 31, 2015 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
They added extra minutes to the episode and it still felt rushed as hell. How they managed to do that is beyond me.

They should've just made this 2 cour to begin with. Then instead of getting a rushed flavor of the week every week, we could've gotten: witch, character development, witch, side story, side story, witch, side story character development...and could've still introduced all of the witches.

That aside, Noa is pretty darn cute. Still don't think she's best girl, but she has her moments. Urara and Sarushima are still the 2 best.
May 31, 2015 8:15 PM

Jul 2014
So I looked up what happened in the manga, and so Noa was bullied by some classmates, which led to her being locked in the storage room. She found the notebook and found out about her power. The three popular kids were blamed for locking her up. She kisses them to blackmail them, but finds out they were set up and they become friends.
May 31, 2015 8:19 PM

Feb 2008
Mormegil said:
Yeah, you don't even have to be a manga reader to tell this episode was rushed. Noa's story was confusing, but like therandomestguy said above, it looks like it had something to do with bullying. Although, I would have liked to have found out more about Noa's three friends. It didn't really explain why they were being bullied and framed.

And yet another cute girl is added to Yamada's harem.

Oh yeah, it's definitely rushed. When Noa pleads for Yamada's help in the manga, it had a lot more impact because all the backstory/ scenes that led up to that. The anime bypassed all of that--it's kind of a shame. Hell, even spreading Noa's arc into 2 episodes would have been a significant improvement.

It makes me worry about the upcoming episodes.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
May 31, 2015 9:01 PM

Oct 2011
Komachi's VA <3

Damn Noa got bullied and locked up T__T

The other 3 were framed : 0

Glad everything is cleared up

Shiraishi is back and a green hair person too?

Next witch possibly next week too??
May 31, 2015 9:14 PM

May 2015
She's Noa?? No, she's Miku LOL
May 31, 2015 9:23 PM

Dec 2013
ArcXIII said:
It makes me worry about the upcoming episodes.

They have a little under 40 chapters to do in the next 4 episodes so it should be interesting with how they handle it.
May 31, 2015 9:40 PM
Sep 2014
27 min!!!!!!!
May 31, 2015 11:03 PM

May 2013
Falls in love in the end. Now that's something common nowadays. Well, I really liked this episode. Might be because of that hilarious attitude of Noa in the last scene. Also, that cute expression while being close to Yamada.
Jun 1, 2015 1:28 AM

Apr 2011
I was confused in this episode, but thanks for those enlightenment I saw in this forum.

So she was bullied, and has no friends until she met those three, huh.

Jun 1, 2015 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
Wtf did I miss an episode or something? It's like they just crammed a bunch of shit together this episode with no flow. What even happened?

At least we know who worst girl is, I hope she doesnt become a regular
Jun 1, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2013
lucidbrandon said:
Wtf did I miss an episode or something? It's like they just crammed a bunch of shit together this episode with no flow. What even happened?

They crammed in 10 chapters into one episode.
Jun 1, 2015 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
Noa is a bitch i hate her
Jun 1, 2015 4:43 AM

Feb 2012
Dayum, they really rushed Noa's arc. They really didn't get to develop her character or her 3 friends. :(( She's even one of my favorite girls ever since she opens up to Yamada.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 1, 2015 5:10 AM

Jan 2013
Not even a manga-reader yet but will forever be bitter that this isn't a 24-episode series. I like it a lot as it is but it could be so much more with more episodes and hence more time to develop things instead of making rushed confusing episodes like this one. Previous ones I liked and could deal with fine but this one just left me puzzled.

That aside, can't say I like this girl much. Not bad but not very intriguing. Probably my least favourite episode so far.
Jun 1, 2015 5:33 AM

Nov 2012
That end :DDD

Jun 1, 2015 6:23 AM

Jun 2012
helloisabelle said:
So I looked up what happened in the manga, and so Noa was bullied by some classmates, which led to her being locked in the storage room. She found the notebook and found out about her power. The three popular kids were blamed for locking her up. She kisses them to blackmail them, but finds out they were set up and they become friends.

Ah now it makes more sense, thank you.
Jun 1, 2015 6:39 AM

Dec 2010
...so much FEELS this episode, well another girl joins the Harem... I like the part that Yamada took control of the situation really bad-ass
Jun 1, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
Confusing episode which felt really rushed. It wasn't enjoyable as the other episodes because of this. Well, Noa is still a nice character.
Jun 1, 2015 11:05 AM

Jan 2015
Voltning said:
Noa has fallen for yamada... Shirashi you better up your game xD It's funny how noa rejected yamada completely until the very last chunk of the episode.

hehehe....Noa looks adorable, plus with her voice... :P

DarklordVor said:
Whoa it's amazing, longer episode.... very appreciated

I just fall in love with Noa... lol

1. Noa
2. Shiraishi
3. Odagiri

for me Shiraishi and Itou is the best even Itou not one of the witches.

p/s : OST Yamada fight quite awesome!
Jun 1, 2015 12:39 PM

Dec 2013
helloisabelle said:

^Essentially this. Though there's a bit more to this story.
However, only if we get a second season will you ever truly understand Noa's sad plight. She was made a target so some other girl wouldn't be bullied, and didn't do anything about it whilst the bullying intensified.... but I digress (go read the manga, yo.... or wait for a second season).

I can't believe how they crammed 10 chapters into this one single episode... an extra few minutes still doesn't cut it. It's just not enough to show how hard it is for them to do their stuff. The way Linden is doing things, we're transitioning from one scene to the next at breakneck speed and skipping enough stuff at times for anime-only viewers to become confused. That's not how you tell a story, man... seriously...

The way they shortened things, it made Noa's problem seem like less of a problem, and the stuff she was planning to do seem less cunning and diabolical than it was in the manga. The fact that we have characters like Miyamura and Nene giving the expositions after a transition scene makes it all the more rushed. Just the fact that each of the witches problems are solved within one episode makes it seem like their problems really aren't that big of a problem at all.... or could be just THAT easily solved, which they weren't in the manga.... Seriously, would it kill anyone to make Noa's arc a bit more detailed? I mean, do we really need 4 episodes to look for the 7th witch and all the rest of it???? Even including the flashbacks, I give it 2 episodes tops, specially seeing how they're rushing the hell out of this....

Next episode is a Shinichi-centric episode. If his part lasts more than 10 minutes, I'mma flip my table....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 1, 2015 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
helloisabelle said:

ok, better, but who set up the popular kids, and why does she think they need to be "saved?"...are the parts in the anime where it looks like the 3 popular kids are being ridiculed a result of the school finding out that they locked her in? (seriously, i find this highly unlikely) or is it a result of the delinquent behavior that was mentioned at the beginning of the episode...on that note, was the stuff at the beginning them being controlled and/or framed by the same person who set them up with the locked room thing...seriously, the erratic chronology and lack of explanation for almost everything in this episode is baffling, rushed or not

EDIT: also, this has been bugging me for this entire thread...NOAH'S FUCKING ARK?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IceTaKuJun 1, 2015 1:44 PM
Jun 1, 2015 2:59 PM

May 2013
RedEagle925 said:
Smudy said:
Ahhhh, it's so good to be anime-only, i guess. xD
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 1, 2015 7:32 PM

May 2014
Nice ep. I really got trolled here. I thought her power were to control people, but I guess this one were more unecpected.

Anyways, can anyone read Japanese. then plz tell me with a *spoiler alert*. :) What does it say under nr. 3. May be a spoiler, so I put a spoiler mark there. ^^

[SPOILER]

Jun 1, 2015 7:35 PM

May 2014
Mormegil said:
Yeah, you don't even have to be a manga reader to tell this episode was rushed. Noa's story was confusing, but like therandomestguy said above, it looks like it had something to do with bullying. Although, I would have liked to have found out more about Noa's three friends. It didn't really explain why they were being bullied and framed.

And yet another cute girl is added to Yamada's harem.

LOL, but I didn't see Yamada become like that. But maybe it were because he is like that all the time. So unless that is true, then I am confused and didn't understand her power. But I understand it this way that Yamanda-kun already bullied people, so it didn't affect him.

Though, I didn't understand why Noa were so attracted to him in the end. LOL, it feels like she have kissed the charm-witch (doesn't remember name) :P.
Jun 1, 2015 7:39 PM

May 2014
tsubasalover said:
No OP? This time we know the witch immediately. They are very hard to solve.

They start to act when the main guy mentioned about the witches. So they are really friends. Being alone for a long time dreaming about the painful pasts of three of them? He tried to help 4 of them and festival time. That's why she began to stick to him.

Is that preview for next witch? Doesn't seem like it for me.

Well, it's a possibility that the dude with green hair also possess the same power as Yamada. LOL, that would be funny.
Jun 1, 2015 7:40 PM

May 2014
Smudy said:
This episode was definitely longer than usual, i noticed that.

Great stuff, Noa's ability is awful, that must be crushing to dream about the terrible moments of the pasts of the people you kissed. I feel bad for her.

Yamada being a badass, holy shit!

Best episode, that was brilliant.

LOL, didn't even notice. 27 min with a OP + ED. Well, that's a record. ^^
Jun 1, 2015 8:51 PM

Jan 2011
Deep trauma because she wet herself. Okay then.
Jun 1, 2015 9:04 PM

Nov 2011
Guess reading the manga is now mandatory, 2 witches left.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 1, 2015 10:15 PM

Jul 2011
helloisabelle said:

That's sure as heck not what I got from this episode. =__=

Didn't notice that it was 27 mins total. o.o
Jun 2, 2015 12:54 AM

Mar 2015
Just got caught up with the manga,... I can't believe they actually cut a LOT of scenes from previous episodes. Even changing the scenario like the confession scene of Noa in manga and anime is different. They don't even explain how Noa kissed those 3 at the first place or explaining more on how Noa fall in love with Yamada. To think they'd crammed 10 chapters+ into one episode.... it's so rushed.

Jun 2, 2015 4:10 AM

Jan 2013
So now they extended the length of this episode. I wonder if they will do the same with the others.
Now they're feeling the problems of rushing. Oh well, was still a bit enjoyable.
Jun 2, 2015 7:21 AM
Dec 2012
Glad to know that I am not the only one who could not get a fuck from the episode, it was rushed like hell.
Now what is exactly Noa's power?? Who the hell are the three first-year students? what is their relation with Noa? Who locked on her in that room and why!
Jun 2, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
This pace is really making me sad. Against all my expectations am I actually enjoying this show quite a lot, but I can't help but think that this show could've been so much better if they had just fleshed out/developed the characters a bit more. I mean all the witches have some major issues (at least I assume), but the anime does a pretty poor job exploring that. At times it feels like their problems are just brushed aside and that they don't matter that much. O well at least they succeed in making people wanting to check out the manga......
Jun 2, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
This was really rushed._.
Jun 2, 2015 11:08 AM

Feb 2015
So far I’ve been fairly enjoying this series; even at its fast pace…. But I can’t say the same now. Honestly, I was expecting Noa’s introduction arc to be handled better (I was expecting 2 episodes at least). It went way too fast, to the point of confusing, especially if you don’t read the manga.

With only 4 more episodes left, I can’t see this going well. That’s the problem with trying to adapt so much material in a merely 12 episodes series.

I won’t deny that even at this pace, it’s still somewhat enjoyable to see some of the character interactions.

Jun 2, 2015 12:58 PM

Mar 2015
IMTLD said:
Glad to know that I am not the only one who could not get a fuck from the episode, it was rushed like hell.
Now what is exactly Noa's power?? Who the hell are the three first-year students? what is their relation with Noa? Who locked on her in that room and why!

One answer to all your questions..... read the manga.

The manga is far better than the anime at this point. Each witch have like 10 chapters or more, but the anime only adapt it into only 1 episode. So it is very rushed and have a lot of scenes that were cut.

Jun 2, 2015 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
IceTaKu said:
i had to have missed something fundamental this episode...maybe i just looked away from the screen at the wrong time, idunno...she kissed yamada, then he had a dream about her past traumas, then she says the other 3 were framed...but way before that she said something along the lines of "do you think they did those things because they wanted to?"...so which one is it...were they framed or did she put them up to it...and what was the purpose of whatever the 3 of them supposedly did in the first place

You haven't missed anything. This last 2 episodes and especially this one had plenty of holes in them. I guess this is from the fast p[acing and skipping of things the manga readers have said.

mr_sam21 said:
The last 2 episodes pace was just awful. Till these episodes the story was good even thou it was rushed but these 2 episode are so bad , if I didn't read the manga I wouldn't have understand anything. The scenes move from one to another and don't make any sense and they're giving us a scene that is split in half .. for example the scene with the Student Council didn't make any sense unless u have read the manga

Yeah it seems they overdid it. Until episode 6 at least thinks made sense no matter how rushed it was. But now things don't even come together because it seems they skipped necessary explanations.
Jun 2, 2015 3:18 PM

Mar 2012
Oh god, this episode was rushed to oblivion. If I didn't read the manga, I definitely would've had no idea what was going on. Everything was so choppy with all the details skipped (and they even extended this episode to 27 minutes long!).

I was concerned when they did Otsuka in one episode. That one ended up alright since it honestly wasn't that dense of an arc. Sarushima was a bit more alarming since the rushed nature of the anime reduced some of the urgency feeling. It also basically skipped the closer details of using the power which was substantial since this process helped clarify the actions of the characters [like for what Shiraishi did last episode]. This episode was just way too condensed though to truly make any sense without further digging to fill the holes like checking this forum or reading the manga.

On the flip side, the seiyuus were great yet again.
Jun 2, 2015 5:15 PM

Mar 2014
Yamada's harem is growing strong.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 2, 2015 9:08 PM

Oct 2013
Yamada & Lancer...The blue haired guys are the bros this season. *Salutes*
Jun 5, 2015 5:39 PM
Jul 2011
The Supernatural Studies Club Will Find Out Last Two Witches And Find The Second Notebook Of The Seven Mysteries so I Think Yamada And Seven Witches (TV) Will End In Episode 12. Besides, The Supernatural Studies Club Will Find Out Power Of New First Set Warlocks, Yamada And Seven Witches Will End In Episode 24.
SeerHuJun 5, 2015 5:42 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Female Character?

Fieryx - Jun 30, 2015

16 by Inter_anime »»
Jul 17, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Apr 26, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.