Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 20, 2015 2:26 PM

Jun 2013
Narmy said:
Against. There are no pros to the death penalty. It's inhumane, more expensive than life in prison, and most importantly it's permanent; there can be no exoneration for the innocent people who have been executed.
Feb 20, 2015 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
I'm all for the death penalty. If your a really bad guy who kills people for fun what's the point in sticking you in a prison for the rest of your life when we can kill you and be done with it?
Feb 20, 2015 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
Cut off their hands with a chisel then hang them, like that serial killer when they were exploring 'Stralia
End Zionazism
Feb 20, 2015 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
SakurasouBusters said:
Narmy said:
Against. There are no pros to the death penalty. It's inhumane, more expensive than life in prison, and most importantly it's permanent; there can be no exoneration for the innocent people who have been executed.

I'd say if someone is sentenced to death just shoot them in the head right afterwards and it won't cost a thing.
Feb 20, 2015 2:29 PM
Sep 2014
We should at least make them fight it out gladiator style
Feb 20, 2015 2:30 PM

Aug 2013
We should perform experiments on them instead. For science.
Feb 20, 2015 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
kyle said:
We should at least make them fight it out gladiator style
I'd honestly vote for this to be a thing again.
Feb 20, 2015 2:31 PM

Nov 2011
Moog- said:
You scumbag don't you know how awful Unit 731 was?
Feb 20, 2015 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
Waifu_Strangler said:
Moog- said:

I do.
Feb 20, 2015 2:37 PM

Nov 2011
Moog- said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

I do.
Well then dance the tango with her majesty as if the devil himself was on your tail!
Feb 23, 2015 12:49 AM
Apr 2014
What about the cases of death row inmates executed only to find out later that he was innocent?

Dragon Balls only works in animes you know.
Feb 23, 2015 12:53 AM

Dec 2013
No one deserves death, because death is impartial.
Feb 23, 2015 12:57 AM

Aug 2014
Involtus said:
Rich_Homie said:
An eye for an eye my friend.

will make the whole world blind.

- Hitler

"Gandhi was wrong"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uXBXi0q7VM

I suck at bb coding
Feb 23, 2015 1:03 AM

Mar 2014
archerzee said:
Involtus said:

- Hitler

"Gandhi was wrong"

I suck at bb coding

top kek
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Feb 23, 2015 1:57 AM

Jul 2014
gyro785 said:
Is it allowed in your country ( or state)?

No.

gyro785 said:
What are your thoughts on it?

Against. Death penalty is a primitive barbarity.
Feb 23, 2015 2:24 AM

Oct 2012
archerzee said:
Involtus said:

- Hitler

"Gandhi was wrong"

I suck at bb coding

nah
because then everyone without eyes is flailing around, trying to get revenge, but they can't see who is who... so they'll all be happy with that last eye, and that last eye is going to have a hard time escaping the swarm

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Feb 23, 2015 2:31 AM

Jul 2012
Speaking from the point of view of the US...

The process is so expensive and inefficient it's not worth it.
Feb 23, 2015 2:46 AM

Feb 2015
nah we dont have death penalty but i think its better to have it
Feb 23, 2015 2:50 AM

Jan 2015
It's better to have it since violence and crime in most countries are increasing. It should serve as a lesson or warning lol. Or rather put them in solitary confinement, wearing strait jackets while listening to Justin Bieber songs 24/7
Feb 23, 2015 3:08 AM

Apr 2012
idk some people just deserve to die
especially the most heinous serial killers

if only there was a cheaper way of execution :| heard lethal injection was quite expensive. Pretty sure death by electric chair and firing squad is quite cheap but US has to play the humane card

Feb 23, 2015 3:18 AM
Dec 2014
We kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong.
-somewhere from the internet.

i'm against the death penalty, besides if you're a serial killer u don't deserve such a quick death.
Feb 23, 2015 3:30 AM

Aug 2009
I am for the death penalty and it is legal in my state. I see it as the ultimate punishment our society can dish out the worst offenders and it is something that should be the punishment for 1st degree murder and treason.
Feb 23, 2015 3:47 AM

Dec 2013
ezikialrage said:
I am for the death penalty and it is legal in my state. I see it as the ultimate punishment our society can dish out the worst offenders and it is something that should be the punishment for 1st degree murder and treason.

Fuck it, I am usually against arguing with people on the internet much less on an anime forum.

You say this big word ''Ultimate punishment'' but you as a humane and civil being could you administer the last shot? No one and I mean no one should be taking lives, it's not only the ultimate punishment but the ultimate prison.
Feb 23, 2015 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
I'm all for it. But it should only be for those who committed very very heinous crime/s. For example, a politician in my God-forsaken country was responsible for the massacre of 58 people, 34 of them are journalists. Now the dude is behind bars but I think that's nowhere near enough to pay for this atrocities. Either kill that MOFO to set examples or work his ass off for the rest of his life as a slave or something.
Feb 23, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2012
Lost_Future said:
ezikialrage said:
Why grant an easy death to a traitor / violent murderer?

if you have to kill someone: making their death harder and more drawn out has no actual benefits... it just causes extra suffering, wastes tax money keeping them alive, and gives them a chance to corrupt others or cause more harm
that, and, a lot of these people will never see what they did wrong/ didn't do anything wrong/ did the wrong thing because of situations they weren't in control of
sure, perhaps it's still better for everyone in the long run if one removes certain people from society
but prisons or torture are kind of pointless in those cases ... unless someone's of the opinion that it's okay to put others through as much suffering as you want -- but killing them is somehow still wrong

Feb 23, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2012
against, death would be like a treat rather than a punishment.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

Then why am I dead?
Feb 23, 2015 4:40 AM

Jan 2015
IlluminatLi said:

How about torture, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, and Miley Cyrus songs in a solitary confinement 24/7 (year depends on weight of crime)
Feb 23, 2015 4:42 AM

Oct 2012
-Oreki-Houtarou- said:
IlluminatLi said:

How about torture, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, and Miley Cyrus songs in a solitary confinement 24/7 (year depends on weight of crime)

something in the back of my mind tells me that classic torture would work better.
Then why are we laughing?

Then why am I dead?
Feb 23, 2015 4:45 AM
Dec 2014
There is no death penalty in my country and I think it is not necessary. Death penalty would make us the same as murderers, despite having just 4-5 murders per year...
yukiomishima123Feb 23, 2015 4:49 AM
j
Feb 23, 2015 4:48 AM
Dec 2014
Lost_Future said:
ERiiK said:
There is no death penalty in my country and I think it is not necessary. Death penalty would make us the same as murderers, despite having just 4-5 mureders per year...

Where do you live? Lichtenstein? Luxembourg? Monaco?
...S-slovenia
j
Feb 23, 2015 4:49 AM
Feb 2014
I'm with it

Like if a fucker murders someone I love I wouldn't want him to be alive

Eye for an eye
Feb 23, 2015 4:56 AM

Oct 2012
Lost_Future said:
Involtus said:

if you have to kill someone: making their death harder and more drawn out has no actual benefits... it just causes extra suffering, wastes tax money keeping them alive, and gives them a chance to corrupt others or cause more harm
that, and, a lot of these people will never see what they did wrong/ didn't do anything wrong/ did the wrong thing because of situations they weren't in control of
sure, perhaps it's still better for everyone in the long run if one removes certain people from society
but prisons or torture are kind of pointless in those cases ... unless someone's of the opinion that it's okay to put others through as much suffering as you want -- but killing them is somehow still wrong

A possible "Torture sentence", will lower the crime rate all over the world.
Because for some, jail is better than home. So if they get caught, they win 3 free meals, a roof, hot water, friends, probably a gym and many other benefits like having nothing to worry about.
A death sentence is an easy way out for people who don't give two shits about their life, and for a possible profit or with a good reason will commit a serious crime. They know the execution is humane.

So, while torture is not the cheapest option. It will surely be effective.
Because no one want to suffer physical pain / mental pressure for god knows how long.

the threat of torture is more effective than the threat of prison... i agree
it's a good deterrent for crime, even if it does nothing to rehabilitate the criminally minded

but i'm not sure it's better than the threat of death... unless the torture is really crippling
and you can't apply that to many crimes, at least not without causing an uproar both amongst the people and amongst foreign countries

do you think it would be largely cheaper as deterrent to make people believe that many violent criminals are being tortured every year than to actually torture many violent criminals every year?
(ignoring the impact on foreign trade)

Feb 23, 2015 4:59 AM

Feb 2015
The problem with the death penalty is that every now and then you wind up with someone being put to death but later on proven innocent.

I think it should exist for certain extreme cases where there is no doubt at all about the person's innocence, but you'd need to draw the line somewhere without it being vague.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Feb 23, 2015 5:09 AM

Apr 2012
The death penalty is retarded.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 23, 2015 5:16 AM

Oct 2012
Lost_Future said:

I'm sure it's better than the threat of death. I dealt with people, that the Israeli and USA agencies were looking for.
Trust me, most of them preferred to die. Some resisted and did everything to get shot, some even asked for it. Yet we knew better than to do anything to them.

Well... You can create a scale, from 1 to "IT WAS me! I Did IT! I killeD JEsusS! Awwwah, PleaSE, KilLL Me AlreADY!!!".
And just fabricate the amount of people that really get the worst sentence. So the society will still fear the justice system.
And secretly tell the other countries governments how many really received the heaviest torture sentence, so it won't impact the trade too much.

The folks can protest and bitch about it. It's what they always do, and no one gives a fuck.

okay
did they have ideologies they were fighting for? i think if you fight for an islamic state or freedom of your people, you're more okay with dying for the cause than if your crime was either spontaneous or solely for yourself
i mean, if they were selfish, could they have escaped the threat of torture by just giving up information?

Feb 23, 2015 6:15 AM
Apr 2014
icirate said:
The problem with the death penalty is that every now and then you wind up with someone being put to death but later on proven innocent.

I think it should exist for certain extreme cases where there is no doubt at all about the person's innocence, but you'd need to draw the line somewhere without it being vague.

I`m surprised that this fact doesn`t seem to get considered in this discussion. Once you kill someone, there is no going back.
Feb 23, 2015 6:29 AM

Nov 2014
Nope, but exile to harsh environments stripped of essentials would be okay for me.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Feb 23, 2015 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
Sounds really fun!
Feb 23, 2015 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
Didn't realize how torture happy people are. Punishment isn't the only road to rehabilitation.
Feb 23, 2015 11:03 AM

May 2009
I'm for it.
Feb 23, 2015 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
There are pros and cons. I'm personally for it as long as there's absolute proof.
Feb 23, 2015 2:32 PM
Dec 2014
Cream said:
Sounds really fun!
I don't think so.
j
Feb 23, 2015 2:35 PM

Jul 2011
Why would someone not support it? If you pay taxes, youre playing to keep rapists and murderers alive in prison
Feb 23, 2015 2:36 PM

May 2014
Veletronic said:
Against.

Why give those scum a quick death? they don't deserve it. I don't mean to torture them either (by any physical means), just keep them in complete isolation. The madness will consume them.
Click my sig
Feb 23, 2015 2:38 PM

Jun 2013
marriage said:
Why would someone not support it? If you pay taxes, youre playing to keep rapists and murderers alive in prison

Yes, rapists and murderers are scum, but what good would it do to kill them?
Feb 23, 2015 2:39 PM

Apr 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
marriage said:

Yes, rapists and murderers are scum, but what good would it do to kill them?
And it's funny how nobody is thinking of prison here as rehabilitation.

They all think of revenge, hah, then they call me a sociopath.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 23, 2015 2:46 PM
Mar 2013
Against. I like to think society has moved on from such barbaric and primitive practices. From an objective view point, you won't have the problem of killing someone and later discovering they're innocent.

I really can't comprehend how anyone could agree with it
Feb 23, 2015 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
In all honesty, I'm just a simple human being, so I have no right to say what is or not moral.
Feb 23, 2015 4:57 PM
Jan 2014
Lost_Future said:
Immahnoob said:
And it's funny how nobody is thinking of prison here as rehabilitation.

They all think of revenge, hah, then they call me a sociopath.

Who called you a sociopath?

He's been claiming to be a sociopath since he joined this website.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

40 by ryan77999 »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

3 by Nette »»
31 minutes ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

64 by Daconator »»
2 hours ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

44 by Cielord »»
3 hours ago

» Why don't you have a cat/dog?

tsukareru - Yesterday

19 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.