Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 5:53 AM

Feb 2018
In my case, my dad doesn't like pets. I used to pet a nearby stray cat but it passed away this summer maybe due to some undiagnosed sickness or i am not really sure why. I was only suddenly told one morning that it passed away. It was just 1 year old. If it wasn't for my dad, i would have adopted it. The cat used to follow me around and even entered my home a couple times

just adding a bit more.....i guess i am just venting a bit and really sad the cat passed away. It's been on my mind for weeks
tsukareruMay 31, 6:15 AM
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

May 31, 6:04 AM

Aug 2018
I used to have 4 cats, well technically they're not mine. They're relatives'. Annoying bastards. 2 blacks, 2 oranges. It's funny to observe 4 different cat personalities.

The oldest is fat, the second is a girl, the third loves to hump everything, and the last is a dumbass no brain cells left kind of cat.

They all moved out, and sure I miss them...

Oh, and there are stray cats everywhere here in my neighbourhood.
May 31, 6:58 AM

Dec 2015
I rent a 6m^2 room in a flat so it is a big no, aswell as landlord doesn't allow pets.

In my home town, I only had cats, they could only live in garden with no entry to the house as my mother is having many health issues aswell as tons of allergies including fur. Obviously I am not cruel to not give them a proper heat place for winter so I had bought a doghouse filled with hay and other heating materials, not gonna lie cats liked this place. For most of my current life I've had 2 cats, one female and her son. The son died in winter around 10-9 years ago, her mother whom was the oldest and she was around 16-17 years as I picked her as a stray cat from the streets and she was already at least 1 year old. She died last year around spring-summer as she ran away cause I expect she didn't want to be found dead by us as I had to bury her son before.

I do miss my cats, now as I am no longer that often in my home town I ain't trying to find another one, especially that the cats from adoption there's alot of money, aswell as they go for a patrol to check if you're house is ok etc. etc. Too much of bs stuff so from time to time my garden is visited by stray cats that's enough for me.

[I had one more cat before, one turtle and fishes. Cat got lost, I gave turtle to a trusted family and the fishes... I bought wrong species and half of them ate themselves as I had bought some predators due to not knowing anything about fishes.]
May 31, 7:13 AM

Feb 2020
Disruptive and dangerous life meant constantly moving around between our different homes.
We did have a cat and loads of other pets though, but was just difficult packing them all up all the time.
When I did get my own house though, I got my very first kitten, and I named her Minx.

And She's 2 years old now, yet somehow she's still so tiny.
May 31, 7:18 AM

Dec 2021
Oldest one was from such an early point in my life that I don't remember much about them (199x to 2004), one orange and one black cat that lived with me for such a long part of my life that them passing in 2021 really hurt, a grey rat bastard of a cat that's always screaming for food who's still kicking (But on the plus side, he's very fun to play with. Loves playing with plastic shopping bags, and will instantly go wide-eyed and playful when a piece of string is dragged in front of him), and as of the past two years, this little thing who's impossibly shy, but she's so sweet.

Dogs though... I just never liked them. It's mostly down to me living in the projects for a good portion of my life (People kinda just let their dogs maul kids there, and a particularly unsympathetic owner let their dog jump on and spook me, knowing I was terrified when I was still in my single digit years. It never bit me, but it sure fucking ruined my comfort around dogs), since childhood trauma is kinda hard to work past. I'm better around dogs now, but still can't bring myself to pet any of them, and just being around them makes me uncomfortable. Because of this childhood trauma, I'll probably never have/want a pet dog, and will just stick with cats.
Daviljoe193May 31, 8:13 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
May 31, 7:30 AM

Feb 2024
I'm too squeamish for that. I don't pet anyone who licks ass/balls and then my hands. Well, unless it's my ass/balls.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 31, 9:15 AM

Jul 2013
Cats and dogs take too much effort to take care of. Which is why I don't own any.
May 31, 9:26 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to Rhae
I used to have 4 cats, well technically they're not mine. They're relatives'. Annoying bastards. 2 blacks, 2 oranges. It's funny to observe 4 different cat personalities.

The oldest is fat, the second is a girl, the third loves to hump everything, and the last is a dumbass no brain cells left kind of cat.

They all moved out, and sure I miss them...

Oh, and there are stray cats everywhere here in my neighbourhood.
@Rhae so do you plan to get cats in the future after that experience ?

May 31, 9:30 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
Cats and dogs take too much effort to take care of. Which is why I don't own any.
@DesuMaiden that's understandable, pets are not accessories. You need to take really good care of them

May 31, 9:42 PM

Apr 2015
Me and my dad tried to have a Hound Dog, was ok for the first 2-3 days, but she just wouldn't calm down, and the final straw that made us take her back was that on the 4th day, she outright refused to go to do her business outside, instead, she shit on the floor two times in rapid succession when we brought her back in, mind you, we took her outside alteast 4 times each that day.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 31, 10:16 PM

Mar 2008
Sorry to hear.

I can't stand the thought of losing more pets so I couldnt bear getting attached to more. Just too many deaths over the years. I can't take anymore. I can barely even stand looking at this topic.
May 31, 11:54 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Zettaiken
I rent a 6m^2 room in a flat so it is a big no, aswell as landlord doesn't allow pets.

In my home town, I only had cats, they could only live in garden with no entry to the house as my mother is having many health issues aswell as tons of allergies including fur. Obviously I am not cruel to not give them a proper heat place for winter so I had bought a doghouse filled with hay and other heating materials, not gonna lie cats liked this place. For most of my current life I've had 2 cats, one female and her son. The son died in winter around 10-9 years ago, her mother whom was the oldest and she was around 16-17 years as I picked her as a stray cat from the streets and she was already at least 1 year old. She died last year around spring-summer as she ran away cause I expect she didn't want to be found dead by us as I had to bury her son before.

I do miss my cats, now as I am no longer that often in my home town I ain't trying to find another one, especially that the cats from adoption there's alot of money, aswell as they go for a patrol to check if you're house is ok etc. etc. Too much of bs stuff so from time to time my garden is visited by stray cats that's enough for me.

[I had one more cat before, one turtle and fishes. Cat got lost, I gave turtle to a trusted family and the fishes... I bought wrong species and half of them ate themselves as I had bought some predators due to not knowing anything about fishes.]
[quote=Zettaiken message=71150151]In my hometown, I only had cats, they could only live in the garden with no entry to the house as my mother had many health issues as well as tons of allergies including fur. I am not cruel to not give them a proper heat place for winter so I had bought a doghouse filled with hay and other heating materials, not going to lie cats liked this place. For most of my current life, I've had 2 cats, one female and her son. The son died in winter around 10-9 years ago, her mother who was the oldest and was around 16-17 years old I picked her as a stray cat from the streets and she was already at least 1 year old.
Jun 1, 1:08 AM

Dec 2023
tsukareru said:
just adding a bit more.....i guess i am just venting a bit and really sad the cat passed away. It's been on my mind for weeks

Sorry to hear about that. Losing a fur-pal is one of the toughest things to get through...

My buddy is a Shiba Inu mix and he's my little companion.

I used to think cats were cute but I've suffered a bit of feline-inducing trauma in the past. No fault of the cat, more like the gross negligence of people. A couple in my old neighborhood started collecting strays and never got them fixed. Before we knew it there were 30+ roaming around and kept breeding. The couple didn't know what do to and abandoned feeding them. This made them scatter and get into all kinds of mischief. Above all they were starving. I was constantly cleaning my yard from being used as a litter box and they urinated/sprayed up the whole street. On EVERYTHING. My neighbors were desperately trying to combat the smell around their property. One Summer, they unleashed the hellish gates of flea infestation. Other pets were caught in the crossfire and hardly got to enjoy their yard in fear of the mighty flea (flea-geddon, as my elder neighbor described). Bird feeders were left empty and it wasn't fun to come across a half-eaten kitten that met with local wildlife. They were chased from under vehicles and cursed at for getting into altercations with other pets. One of my neighbors had a crate of vinyl records that were sprayed on when a cat crept into the garage. This is where I learned of the baking soda + vinegar potion every wizard keeps in his arsenal.

It got bad enough that someone started poisoning them and those of us that didn't like witnessing this tried trapping and getting them fixed (easier said than done). Needless to say, I'm not regretful over the move. When anyone asks me about getting a cat, I say no thanks! No hard feelings and I do think they're precious but I don't think I'll ever get over the suffering, haha. Plus, one turned on a gas stove of a work colleague once. Decision to never get one was finalized.
Jun 1, 1:33 AM

Mar 2023
I find them both to be very annoying. And they will defecate in any places and bring dead prey into my home.
Jun 1, 3:44 AM

Oct 2012
The life of a cat is scary as fuck. Between feline leukemia virus (an infectious disease that gives them cancer) and feline immunodeficiency virus (like cat AIDS), every interaction with a stray is a life or death encounter. Thankfully, these aren't contagious to humans, but you know what is? Rabies and toxiplasma gondii. With the first, the saliva of a cat can make you allergic to water and air, giving you throat spasms until you foam at the mouth. With the latter, it could turn you into a risk taker and reduce self control, so that you could spread this parasite to other people. That's good enough reason for me to stay the hell away from cats.

Aside from that pets shed hair and reduce the life of all your electronic appliances, keeping one also puts you on the hook for training, neutering, giving them the necessary shots, food, etc. It's expensive, a first world kink in my opinion, just so people can take Instagram photos and have a perpetual baby to talk down to.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 1, 4:49 AM
best user ever

May 2022
I don't have any cats or dogs here in Canada, idk why I don't. My family does have like 4 dogs back in the Philippines though.
Jun 1, 6:35 AM

Jul 2023
Because I don't want to be sad when they die. Also I only like cats and I'm allergic to them. And lastly my father hate pets.
Jun 1, 7:16 AM

Jan 2009
ye my father does not like pets too so we stop adopting cats
Jun 1, 8:18 AM

Sep 2016
Why don't you have a cat/dog?

Because I don't like to invest my time and money in non-human freeloaders, but to each their own.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 1, 2:42 PM

Jan 2020
I don't have a cat or a dog because my mom is allergic to cats and our space is not big enough for a dog.

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Jun 1, 3:17 PM

Jan 2009
Zarutaku said:
Because I don't like to invest my time and money in non-human freeloaders, but to each their own.
Kinda this for me as well, except that if there is enough social motivation, support and encouragement, I could imagine trying it out
Jun 2, 2:30 AM

Jul 2010
I don't think apartment is a proper environment for cat or dog. If I had a house I'd have them both without doubt.
Jun 2, 9:12 AM

Jan 2022
I live with a cat but it wasn't my choice.
I think pets are dangerous they can give you schizophrenia with toxoplasma or something.
Jun 2, 9:17 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to tsukareru
@DesuMaiden that's understandable, pets are not accessories. You need to take really good care of them
@tsukareru I have a pet turtle, however. She is easy to take care of.
Jun 2, 9:35 AM

Aug 2012
Cat: My mom hates them.
Dog: My mom and I (due to a past trauma) hate them.
Jun 2, 3:31 PM

Sep 2014
listen... i'm working on it T_T

or hopefully one day the cat distribution system will finally deem me worthy. when will it be my turn!!!
Jun 3, 3:34 AM

Jul 2021
I don't think they'd appreciate being in a small apartment.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 3, 10:16 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
@tsukareru I have a pet turtle, however. She is easy to take care of.
@DesuMaiden Oh turtles are really cute. I had a friend who had a pet turtle too, but i only saw it a couple times.

Jun 18, 8:27 AM

Mar 2021
Because I don't think I can take care of a cat or a dog when I can't even say I can adequately take care of myself.

Also, because I am afraid that I will not be able to train them properly and that they will cause trouble for someone else. Also, someone in my family is allergic to cats, so it would be difficult to keep them and spend time in the same space.

Jun 18, 11:14 AM

Mar 2009
Well I love cats and I like dogs that are not mine. and reason why I don´t have a cat well I hate having hair every where and as some one who works building and repairing PC´s dear god allot of people PC or laptops are so dang disgusting with liters of fur and dust and some times even maggots. Ya all need to clean your PC out once a week man no wonder they overheat.

But yeah I hate having fur in my tech I hate finding fur in my food and I hate how full of fur my cloths become and it all just feel like extra cleaning that would drive me up a wall.

If im gonna have a pet it will be a lizard or snake but I prefer not to have one at all just simpler that.
Jun 18, 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
A better question is this...why should I have one lol?
Jun 18, 4:06 PM

Sep 2017
Couldn't have any pet for a long time since my family moved around a lot due to my father's job, but now that we're settled I'm a proud owner of two cats and they're my babies. I'd do inhumane things to anyone who hurts them
Jul 9, 3:20 AM

Apr 2020
I don't think they will like being in a small apartment, but if I had a bigger house, sure.
Jul 9, 3:24 AM

Jan 2008
I have a bad habit or brutally murdering them on accident. tehee
Jul 9, 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
I think taking care of a cat or dog might require more effort than it is worth.

More topics from this board

» I believe in solipsism. Is that crazy?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

33 by CollectiveDismal »»
10 minutes ago

» Why do people abandon their friends for relationships? ( 1 2 )

Amityblight - Sep 20

57 by lalabella »»
43 minutes ago

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 22

31 by lalabella »»
51 minutes ago

» How often do you go to the gym or workout in general?

ZakuF_ - Yesterday

16 by Icymatika »»
54 minutes ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - May 25

18 by Zarutaku »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.