Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2014 9:18 AM

Jan 2014
ihusmal1234 said:

DeadIJuicyPriest said:

At least someone is positive around here..
Its hard to be optimistic...Ofc i wont drop it and i will watch this to the end but its just because i like the VN and the good animation...

But again,there was no way they could make a good adaptation of all routes with a 1 cour anime,so its not the issue of adapting it bad,its just nonsense to adapt 5 route in 13 episodes
Oct 26, 2014 9:18 AM

Feb 2009
>disappointed VN readers in the thread
Figured as much.

Just about to finish Michiru route (got a bit absorbed into playing Ataraxia) so seeing it all compressed in just 2 episodes is a bit sad. Though with them shuffling and skipping the order of the common route, it was more likely than unlikely to happen. Readers of the source material should have been prepared for anything and kept expectations low. Fortunately I did and I sort of enjoyed the episode. It still made its point across about Michiru's case. The skipped parts won't return no matter how bad one wishes to see them so it's better to move on. You won't miss a thing unless you're aware that there was something missing.
But who am I kidding, everyone will just rip this show apart because of this episode. Doesn't really concern me I guess so who cares.
Oct 26, 2014 9:27 AM

Aug 2012
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

Who knows, so far we had only VN reader reactions, let's see how anime only watcher react to this episode.

Yeah, who knows, they might enjoy it. But it's now impossible to do a proper adaptation, that's the reason for my "RIP".
Oct 26, 2014 9:29 AM

Dec 2007
blooddrunk said:
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

Who knows, so far we had only VN reader reactions, let's see how anime only watcher react to this episode.

Yeah, who knows, they might enjoy it. But it's now impossible to do a proper adaptation, that's the reason for my "RIP".

Meikyuu and Rakuen can still be better adapted.
Oct 26, 2014 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
blooddrunk said:

Meikyuu and Rakuen can still be better adapted.
If they decide to do sequels it will be much easier and better i guess...Because i heard that they are really short
Oct 26, 2014 9:33 AM

Aug 2008
It'd be hard to screw up Rakuen, its not like there's any expectations for it anyway.
Oct 26, 2014 9:34 AM

Dec 2007
hyperknees91 said:
It'd be hard to screw up Rakuen, its not like there's any expectations for it anyway.

I expect something over the top and entertaining, so you kinda spoke only as yourself.
Oct 26, 2014 9:40 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, this thread is the same 5-6 people whining. I hate that I'm part of this fandom sometimes.
Oct 26, 2014 9:41 AM

Dec 2007
MFK said:
Wow, this thread is the same 5-6 people whining. I hate that I'm part of this fandom sometimes.

Butthurt people are too butthurt. They should just enjoy the show for what it is.
Oct 26, 2014 9:43 AM

Mar 2013
if you are going to piss and whinge in here every week.

fuck off back to the the game and stop posting your bitching in here.

3 pages of pure garbage.
DeformiterOct 26, 2014 9:49 AM
Oct 26, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
MFK said:

Butthurt people are too butthurt. They should just enjoy the show for what it is.

A failed drama?
But yeah im enjoying teh comedy parts :D
Oct 26, 2014 9:45 AM

Jan 2014
facade63 said:
LN folk if you are going to piss and whinge in here every week.

fuck off back to the the light novel and stop posting your bitching in here.

3 pages of pure garbage.
Its not light novel,get your shit straight before raging

sanlei said:
A failed drama?
Same here,they did well with the comedy parts,total fail on drama...And saying this does not counts as being butthurt,just sayin....
Oct 26, 2014 9:48 AM

Mar 2013
LonelyWizard said:
facade63 said:
LN folk if you are going to piss and whinge in here every week.

fuck off back to the the light novel and stop posting your bitching in here.

3 pages of pure garbage.
Its not light novel,get your shit straight before raging

sanlei said:
A failed drama?
Same here,they did well with the comedy parts,total fail on drama...And saying this does not counts as being butthurt,just sayin....

Game* my point still stands
Oct 26, 2014 9:48 AM

Aug 2008
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
hyperknees91 said:

I expect something over the top and entertaining, so you kinda spoke only as yourself.

Well its just there's nothing really to it is the main thing. It's not something that needs to be crafted with much care I guess you could say. The only way they could screw it up is by not giving it any budget.

Even if you did Rakuen in 6 episodes it wouldn't even be a big deal. There's nothing to really miss out on.
Oct 26, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2007
hyperknees91 said:
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

Well its just there's nothing really to it is the main thing. It's not something that needs to be crafted with much care I guess you could say. The only way they could screw it up is by not giving it any budget.

Even if you did Rakuen in 6 episodes it wouldn't even be a big deal. There's nothing to really miss out on.

I'd rather not disregard the whole VN, I'll watch the adaptation myself. People still regard it highly on VNDB, so I guess it's just select few people opinions that say it sucks.
Oct 26, 2014 10:18 AM

Aug 2008
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
hyperknees91 said:

I'd rather not disregard the whole VN, I'll watch the adaptation myself. People still regard it highly on VNDB, so I guess it's just select few people opinions that say it sucks.

I'm not saying it sucks per say, but it isn't something that needs a lot of care to be adapted is all. Basically you read it and watch it because people like the grisaia girls.
Oct 26, 2014 10:23 AM
Oct 2007
"You should not post your negative opinions of an anime in the anime opinions thread!"

Sure bro.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Oct 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2007
GrimaH said:
"You should not post your negative opinions of an anime in the anime opinions thread!"

Sure bro.

Of course you can, but what he was annoyed of all the VN reader comparisons to the anime, how the anime is not like the VN, etc, I also don't like this part of the thread.
Oct 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2009
People, you're to pessimistic because of one ep. I bet they just won't to mix the heroine routes with main one. And I doubt Michiru will be just 2 eps. They cut fake dates to avoid romance and time mismatches but I think they'll adapt most of other things.
Oct 26, 2014 10:26 AM

Feb 2012
GrimaH said:

Sure bro.

Negative opinions are valid, needed. Whiny opinions that are spouting nonsense are not.

Be grateful your favourite series got an adaptation you ignorant plebs.
Oct 26, 2014 10:27 AM
Jul 2012
Seems they are going Michiru route or Harem route so either way I'm happy.
Oct 26, 2014 10:33 AM
Oct 2007
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
GrimaH said:

Sure bro.

Of course you can, but what he was annoyed of all the VN reader comparisons to the anime, how the anime is not like the VN, etc, I also don't like this part of the thread.

The anime is an adaptation of the VN, of course it's going to be compared. What were you guys expecting it to be compared to, Pokemon?

MFK said:
GrimaH said:

Sure bro.

Negative opinions are valid, needed. Whiny opinions that are spouting nonsense are not.

Be grateful your favourite series got an adaptation you ignorant plebs.

I'd think bitching about people's opinions on the anime would constitute "whiny opinions that are spouting nonsense".
And really, stop trying to shut people up. These threads were made for people to post their thoughts on the anime on a per episode basis, and this particular episode disappointed a hell of a lot of people. Just because a few dumbasses can't take that doesn't mean the wave of negativity must necessarily be shut down.

tl;dr it's ontopic, you guys can stop bitching now.
Oct 26, 2014 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
For some reason the visuals looked REALLY high quality this episode.
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 26, 2014 10:38 AM

Dec 2007
GrimaH said:

The anime is an adaptation of the VN, of course it's going to be compared. What were you guys expecting it to be compared to, Pokemon?

But this a stand alone anime. Too many people circlejerk on how the VN is great, the anime is shit and nothing like the VN, etc.
Less comparisons and more stand alone discussion on the anime is of course more welcome.
DeadIEndOct 26, 2014 10:41 AM
Oct 26, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2012
A good thing I didn't play the VN because I like this show as it is.
Oct 26, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
All I wanted was an anime adaptation that will bring Grisaia out to anime viewers who didn't play the VN. So I will judge the adaptation based on how non-VN players receive it.

However, a 2 episode per route format can't really be called anything but a butchering. Knowing at least part of what they're doing for next episode, my hope is that Michiru gets 3 episodes, Sachi gets 3 and Amane gets 4, finishing off the cour.

Yumiko and Makina could be a standalone cour due to taking place mostly outside the school.

But more likely, they're rushing through every route in 2 episodes, and then they'll proceed to adapt the shitty spin-offs that nobody cares about.
Oct 26, 2014 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
Well, this was quite enjoyable!

Michiru having two personalities with different eye colours too! It was pretty interesting to see the green-eyed Michiru questioning many things and even kissed Yuuji.

The comedy was quite good too! The random kiss and Michiru not understanding the word of osculating!

The cat getting run over by a car... Michiru and Yuuji wanting to save it. T.T It was quite the scene :/ This was sad... it also seemed to flow quite well.

O.o The first few pages. Me myself as just an anime viewer, I actually prefer something as watching the anime first then going into the VN in this case. Since I get to enjoy both of them!

Definitely looking forward to the next episode! The feels though :/

Jan 2012
I'm watching this as a stand alone anime as I said last week so reading all these comparisons to the source material is pretty amusing in a weird way. It's weird, but while this episode did have a sense of being kinda random going on I still enjoyed it. The talk of death and whatnot really came across as interesting, and the funny parts were cute. The cat's death was even pretty sad. Mind you I'm not tough to please but when all the comments on the first page are about butchering the source material I kinda feel a disconnect...not that there's much wrong with that I guess I'm not trying to complain. I dunno if I should bother looking in any of the threads for this one after this though, I'll just try and enjoy it as it goes and try not to be too confused. :D
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A Michuru-centric episode, and it wasn't bad at all. Nice seeing different sides of her when talking to Yuuji.

That first question of her was a bit strange, but very reflective nonetheless. But I didn't quite like the way she talked about it. Too much of a negative tone was present..
Dat kiss though! I bet Yuuji was excited as sh!t in his mind; just suppressed his emotions as hard as he could. XD

Michiru's sleepwalking scene was hilarious! Yuuji took the chance and got a bit close to Yumiko. Nice nickname he gave her there; "Yuumin."

Yuuji's reenacting of the "osculate" scene from earlier was hilarious; especially how confident Michiru was about remembering what happened but running off once he was about to do it for real. XD

Meowmel's death was indeed sad.. Poor Michiru.. T_T

Decent episode. Those subtle fanservice scenes had some nice qualities though!

Oct 26, 2014 10:45 AM

Dec 2007
Hahaha, see blooddrunk, the anime peeps love it.
Oct 26, 2014 10:46 AM

Aug 2014
Wonder how many viewers who figured out Michiru yet? :P

Jan 2012
Nobody is expecting a whole VN adaption lol. It doesnt matter if its compared to the source or other animes. Other animes are just doing a better job at least in the pacing department of drama, but yeah they have 4 unneeded cours like Little Busters or 24 wasting episodes of common route like clannad. Thats the only main problem with this episode. Even White Album 1 had 24 episodes. It just tries badly to sell ya some drama it cant develop instead of showin' funny bits of nonsensical common route.

Still enjoyin', but i wont praise the anime for including teh routes "just" to include them. :)

Aug 2008
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
GrimaH said:

But this a stand alone anime. Too many people circlejerk on how the VN is great, the anime is shit and nothing like the VN, etc.
Less comparisons and more stand alone discussion on the anime is of course more welcome.

Well because its trying to follow the visual novel but just abridging it to a pretty hefty degree. The scenes were not really written to work without proper build up and characterization.

Like I said, maybe they should have just done something completely original to the visual novel (this has yet to be seen) rather than give a super abridgement. Otherwise its going to just end up as bad and forgettable as every visual novel adaption that just tries to abridge the story.
Oct 26, 2014 10:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
they cut out the kiss >.<

and damn those last few minutes was like the textbook definition of rushed, they went like from the kiss scene to nyanmel's death in 4 mins or something >.>
Oct 26, 2014 10:49 AM
Oct 2007
DeadIJuicyPriest said:
GrimaH said:

Well that's fine, as long as people don't come along and say "You're shitheads for being negative, STOP POSTING YOUR OPINIONS".

Aug 2014
HaXXspetten said:
they cut out the kiss >.<

and damn those last few minutes was like the textbook definition of rushed, they went like from the kiss scene to nyanmel's death in 4 mins or something >.>

Don´t be sad the only skipped like her whole route..... And picted 3 things from it.

Dec 2007
hyperknees91 said:
DeadIJuicyPriest said:

Well because its trying to follow the visual novel but just abridging it to a pretty hefty degree. The scenes were not really written to work without proper build up and characterization.

Like I said, maybe they should have just done something completely original to the visual novel (this has yet to be seen) rather than give a super abridgement. Otherwise its going to just end up as bad and forgettable as every visual novel adaption that just tries to abridge the story.

Bad? Forgettable? I completely disagree.
Oct 26, 2014 10:53 AM

Oct 2011
hope completely lost. I feel like Michiru right now.
Oct 26, 2014 10:55 AM

Dec 2007
Heh, so much contrast in this thread.
Oct 26, 2014 10:56 AM
Aug 2012
Oct 26, 2014 10:58 AM
Mar 2013
tfw people will never be able to view an anime without bitching about how well its adapted

of course its going to be rushed it's 1 cour ffs, what were you expecting? it's better to try and enjoy it as much as possible instead of pointing out every single flaw
Oct 26, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2014
JD2411 said:
tfw people will never be able to view an anime without bitching about how well its adapted

of course its going to be rushed it's 1 cour ffs, what were you expecting? it's better to try and enjoy it as much as possible instead of pointing out every single flaw

Shut-up Clannad only becuse your best show got 48 episodes :P
Oct 26, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2011
I just wanna dig a hole and bury myself in it and fill it with my tears and drowning myself
Oct 26, 2014 11:01 AM

Dec 2007
Iasuru said:
I just wanna dig a hole and bury myself in it and fill it with my tears and drowning myself

Hoho, so emo...
Guys, you exaggerate too much...
Oct 26, 2014 11:01 AM
Aug 2012
JD2411 said:
it's better to try and enjoy it as much as possible instead of pointing out every single flaw

And that's exactly what I do. Anime is a anime, and VN is VN - whoever wants the whole story should play VN.
Oct 26, 2014 11:02 AM
Dec 2013
It saddens me that Michiru (and probably the other heroines) will has her route covered in 2 episodes, but well, what can you expect by squeezing 50 hours of reading materials into 13-episode anime?

I am happy enough to see Michiru and Yuuji kissing :")
Oct 26, 2014 11:03 AM
Aug 2012
Iasuru said:

Oct 26, 2014 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
I wonder how many people will drop after watching this episode.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Oct 26, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
wtf is this..
they just jump into Michiru route..
what a pace..
rush as hell
big disappointment..

at least, nyamel's death is done well..
Oct 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2007
gamer2710 said:
I wonder how many people will drop after watching this episode.

Most people are anime only watchers, so I guess not much... they enjoy it.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

266 by HansDevX »»
May 11, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.