Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Barakamon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
Who would think that distancing him from noisy countryside to city would feel so awkward in the end.
Great contrast.

My guess: One big Stone Wall letter in the middle and lot of people names around of which this wall is consisting.
Sep 20, 2014 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
Wow what an episode. Next episode, we're in for a treat! :P
Sep 20, 2014 6:09 PM

Sep 2013
Man, when you mess up on your masterpiece so much that you try to ship yourself in a box to another place (or in this case the island)

That was a nice touch with Naru and them calling to Sensei and telling him to come home soon, my heart cant take it!

With all the names and him naming it stone wall, I belive it's based on the stone wall thing they were building last episode, and the names will be around the wall which is keeping that wall up.

Mich666 said:
My guess: One big Stone Wall letter in the middle and lot of people names around of which this wall is consisting.

Pretty much what he said!

Sep 20, 2014 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
That phone call scene was really touching. Especially when you hear Naru asking for Handa to come back home.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 20, 2014 6:31 PM

Jun 2011
So, no opening this week? That's too bad, I really love the opening. Guess I'll have to watch it a few times on youtube to get over this shock. But this really was another amazing episode. It was hilarious and the phone scene was heartwarming. Man, I really want to see what he wrote. It has to be amazing. I really can't stand having to wait a whole week for the next episode. Which is also the last episode. I can't believe my favorite anime this season is coming to an end.
Sep 20, 2014 6:36 PM

Dec 2011
I expected to see Naru to be sad after learning that Handa isn't in the house anymore... but they still made me fell sad when they called him.

Handa's mom "tsunbaka". Hahaha.

Miwa losing to silver was hilarious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was a perfect setup for the finale.
Edit: Oh, someone said it already, but it's still true!
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Sep 20, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2013
I'm psychologically preparing myself for the last episode. My body isn't ready for the feels. :(
Sep 20, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
had no clue that was Sensei's mom lol hella MLF

the phone call gave me some good feels, and dat ending mad deja vu :P
Sep 20, 2014 7:14 PM
Mar 2013
Handa's Mom : "I won't let him go to that island again."
Handa's Dad: "If you think so, it'll be better for you to persuade him not to go."
Mom: "Are you saying I should hurt him? You're too cruel!"

How can I say about that? Oh well, that's life. I love her.
Sep 20, 2014 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
Sensei sure is impulsive lol.But seriously throwing that drink on his star calligraphy before hearing what the Director had to say XD.

Everyone calling Sensei was nice,made me start crying.

"Please come home real soon." ;____;

Poor Miwa-chan only got silver.

Definitely crying next episode.
Sep 20, 2014 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
OG-3 said:
Now i really want to see what kind of calligraphy did Handa write.

He...

I'm sure everyone's guessed this already, I think he should have named his work "Home" but I'm a sentimental kind of cat :)

He threw tea on his "Star" because he knew (deep inside) that it wasn't "his style" which he wished so strongly for. It may have been great, but he longed for his work to "be part of him". It probably still looks great, even with stains :-)
5CatsSep 20, 2014 7:57 PM
Sep 20, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2008
Handa's mom.

nuff said
Sep 20, 2014 7:51 PM
Jul 2014
Handa's antics were hilarious to watch. Can't wait to see his 'stone wall' masterpiece.
Was expected a more serious,melancholic episode, but this is much better. Can't believe this is ending next week. This definitely deserves more seasons.
Sep 20, 2014 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
Seems we're all in agreement that Handa's mother is really pretty.
Sep 20, 2014 8:16 PM
Mar 2013
Felt weird without naru around. Glad he could get out of the slump.
Sep 20, 2014 8:32 PM

Feb 2008
Just hearing Naru's voice was enough to make the waterworks start a little. Just love that bugger. Already dreading the ending of this series, and no more Naru!

Sensei apologizing so sincere was a great heartfelt scene too. Just showed his tremendous growth. Great conclusion to the ordeal with the director.

Sensei's dad driving the car was hilarious, and he sure knows his son and himself, calling themselves both awkward which hits the nail right on his head. And I'll agree with all the others, sensei's mom is one hell of a milf. Thought she was the help with how young she looked, and that she could had possible feelings for sensei. Well wasn't completely wrong, just not romantic, but maternal.
Sep 20, 2014 9:46 PM

Oct 2013
Aaahh..
I feel so relieved
I'm so glad I watched this only after Aldnoah.Zero

Glad to know that this wasn't the last Eps
I was affraid that they are not going to show us his masterpiece
And left us to wonder
"Burn the heretics"
Sep 20, 2014 9:53 PM

Jun 2014
I loved the part where Handa was hiding in the box and said "ship me back to the island", also I can't believe he ruined the "Star" calligraphy that looked so awesome!

The phone call had me crying like crazy! Especially the conversation with Naru

Naru - Sensei
Handa - Is this Naru?
Naru - Yep! It's boring without you here, Sensei. There's still gobs of stuff I wanna do with ya. An' so...
... Please come home real soon!
Handa - *smiling*
All the kids - We're waiting for ya!

I hope the calligraphy exhibition goes well, cuz I want Handa to return to the island where the people there don't care whether he is a world class calligraphy artist or just a goofy guy that treats the kids on the island like they are family.

The ending was cool when Miwa got second place and acted just like Handa.

Only one episode left and I need to make sure that I have a box of kleenex handy and keeping my fingers crossed that they announce a second season!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 20, 2014 9:58 PM
Mar 2013
mugiwara84 said:
Sensei apologizing so sincere was a great heartfelt scene too. Just showed his tremendous growth. Great conclusion to the ordeal with the director.

Exactly. He apologized at that time not because he wanted to get the director's forgiveness to secure his position but he honestly confessed his feelings about what he had done before.
Sep 20, 2014 9:59 PM
Jun 2009
It was a really nice way of handling this situation because rather than the island crying over Handa, it was Handa that was just missing the island so much.

I thought there were going to be crying and the feelings of being betrayed by the kids but I was surprised how maturely they handled Handa leaving the island.

Naru was sad yes but she did not beg him to come home but told him that she misses him and everyone just went back to their daily lives and trust Handa to come back.
Sep 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Dec 2011
Too sad this anime is nearly over.....it was one of the most surprising anime this season for me and i'm gonna miss every characters in it.
Anyway great episode this week and can't wait to see Handa new work and next episode the final and him return back to Naru & friends....
Is this an anime original ending or did it happens in the manga?
Sep 20, 2014 10:20 PM
May 2013
Kunagi7 said:

That end scene was really funny:

Haha. Sensei sickness has infected Miwa. huu.. I wish this series not gonna end so soon. Plus the manga is not translated anymore
Sep 20, 2014 10:58 PM

Jun 2012
kazumazero said:
Kunagi7 said:

That end scene was really funny:

Haha. Sensei sickness has infected Miwa. huu.. I wish this series not gonna end so soon. Plus the manga is not translated anymore

The manga was licensed by Yen Press.
Sep 20, 2014 10:59 PM

Jan 2011
Loved how Miwa channeled Sensei at the very end. We also saw whose temperament he inherited from his parents. I hope most of the next episode takes place on the island.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 20, 2014 11:40 PM
Mar 2013
I just checked it just out of curiosity and surprised that it was Takamori Yoshino, who acted as Handa's mom now. Do you remember Nadia La Arwall or Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water?
htsujiSep 20, 2014 11:54 PM
Sep 20, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2008
Handa's behaviour this episode passed the line of stupid-funny and went deep into stupid-annoying zone. Pouring a drink on the old man and painting can't be called funny in any way. It wasn't dramatic either. It was just a pointless plot device to make him paint something new. It really leaves a bad taste.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 21, 2014 12:06 AM

Jul 2009
This is honestly going in the most beautiful direction.
Sensei... you are a masterpiece.

This episode pretty much secured this show as one of my favorite shows in the past few years. Truly a treat, honestly.
Sep 21, 2014 12:12 AM

Feb 2012
Oddyeus said:
Seems we're all in agreement that Handa's mother is really pretty.
I dunno, I could also go gay for Handa's father. Sensei's got some good genes in him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2014 12:41 AM

Feb 2014
Handa acting like a moron and throwing his drink on his painting AND the director made me want to punch him in the face. But the rest of the episode was great as always. The apology scene (before Handa went full retard) was especially done well.
Handa's mom was pretty hilarious, I lol'ed when she called him tsun-baka. And she's pretty hot too.
Also, Miwa seems to have caught Sensei's bug of not settling for a second place.
And I'm glad there's another episode, for a while I thought this was going to be the last one.
Sep 21, 2014 12:50 AM

Jul 2013
Whoa despite the lack of the village people, imo this ended up one of the most amazing episodes so far.

Very hilarious throughout and the last part with Naru and everyone calling Handa was really heartwarming. Tear-rendering without being sappy. I'm really excited to see Handa's calligraphy now.

LOL @Handa discussing his problems with Akki XD

And wow Handa's mom is a MILF!
Sep 21, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
Sensei inside the box - "Just ship me back!"
Sensei's mum is hilarious LOL. She's pretty.
Handa tying up his friends and his mum interpreting it as bondage LOL.
Hmm.. Stone Wall huh. Looking forward to seeing it next week :D

Just one more episode? Nooooo. :(
Sep 21, 2014 1:23 AM

Jan 2014
A breath of fresh air for this week :) Beautiful ^^
Sep 21, 2014 2:38 AM

Oct 2013
I want to see his latest work!!!
Sep 21, 2014 3:28 AM

May 2013
Lmao, Sensei's mother is like Tama when she gets angry XD

I'm glad that Naru didn't get sad, what a strong girl. Last one episode, its been a good ride.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 21, 2014 3:35 AM
Mar 2013
As for the part when Handa impulsively threw the cup of drink, I agree with someone saying that it was too stupid and strange to happen. But anyway, I'm sure the directer knew it was not just a test but the actual calligraphy for the contest and it must be really difficult for Handa to make a new replacement up. To me, he seemed to punish Handa by pretending that he innocently believed it was just a test material and looked forwarded to seeing the actual work for the contest.
Sep 21, 2014 3:42 AM
Mar 2013
By the way, according to the short preview after the episode 10 on the official site (http://www.barakamon.jp/mijikamon/m10.html), Naru seemed to be really depressed whe she knew Handa had gone back to Tokyo.
htsujiSep 21, 2014 3:45 AM
Sep 21, 2014 4:11 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode, Glad Naru got to speak with Sensei on the phone. Can't wait to see his 'Stone Wall' Calligraphy next week!
Sep 21, 2014 6:08 AM

Jan 2010
1. Natural Hot Mom!
2. Touching phone scene
3. Tama's fujoshi mode

Awesome episode! I hope there'll be a season 2 announcement next week.
Sep 21, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2010
After reading all the comments it's awesome to see a general agreement about Handa's mom being HOT :3 Best mom of the season <3
Sep 21, 2014 7:27 AM

Mar 2013
great episode as always.

cant wait to next episode to see is work
and also if he will back to the island again.

hilarious scenes with is mom and dad :)
Sep 21, 2014 7:44 AM

May 2013
Kawafuji trying to resist laughing made me laugh. LOL! That was Handa's mother? Wow. What a beauty. She thought Handa was doing bondage. Haha! Talking to his friends who were back at the island was heartwarming. I can already tell that Handa will come back to the island. He's not the same without Naru and the others. Haha! Too bad Miwa got silver, better luck next time.
Sep 21, 2014 8:07 AM

Jun 2013
awesome episode!! totally loved it.
everyone should have a friend like kawafuji XD
Miwa is Handa's disciple after all XD
Handa's parents...haha...they're awesome too XD
Can't wait to see Handa's new calligraphy.
I love this anime because it has heartwarming feels and stomach blasting comedy :')

I can't believe it's going to end soon *sobbing*
ShusmitaSep 21, 2014 10:00 AM
Sep 21, 2014 8:27 AM

Mar 2014
I had a grin on my face the entire episode. The moments when Handa apologized and when everyone was on the phone were really touching.

Handa's parents are great too
Sep 21, 2014 9:25 AM

Oct 2013
Barakamon is one of the best shows running this season. It was awesome how Sensei didn't change into a new person over night, but retains some of his petulant impulsiveness. I like the director. Gets a mug of tea in the face and still retains his composure.

My favorite part of this episode was the kids talking to Sensei on the phone, especially Naru telling him that things were boring without him there and asking him to come home. Really touching in a simple way.

I guess Sensei's personality has rubbed off on Miwa!!
Sep 21, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
Wow the island really is the highlight of everything, it kinda felt empty without everyone.
Sep 21, 2014 11:32 AM

Oct 2009
This is already in my personal top 5 anime list.
Sep 21, 2014 1:01 PM
Mar 2012
Handa-san really has problems with confidence, doesn't he? I wonder why, it's really a bit sad. It made him destroy a really beautiful piece.

So Handa has his good looks from his mom...

And he got lonely in Tokyo. Again, I wodner what sad childhood he must have had. No friends?
And now his only friends are a couple of kids on a remote island. Well, he's only 21, isn't he? That's pretty young still, not too old not to be friends with high school kids. The telephone call was sweet though. I actually cried a little.

I really wanted to see what he wrote!
Sep 21, 2014 2:54 PM

Sep 2013
Ferax said:
a few feels here, a few feels there

was a great ep hope we dont get too many feels in the last ep i dont want to cry
hehe i've already teared up :P i love this show.
Sep 21, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
what a beautiful episode. lots of lulz, lots of progress. 5/5
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

336 by snowykevin »»
May 24, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

153 by Term4738 »»
Apr 25, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

158 by Euonymus »»
Mar 20, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2014

399 by Devonnius »»
Feb 20, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

147 by Softhenic03 »»
Jan 24, 10:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.