Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 20, 2014 4:45 PM

Dec 2008
This was a very cute episode I really like it.

Believe me the next episode it's going to be a really good one, your feels are going really higher and too much cute things are going to happen.
Apr 20, 2014 5:42 PM

Sep 2008
Greenward said:
Based Shougo.

accurate, shougo is truly top-tier bro. I love this character way too much already. Those points he made were so real, i myself was doubting everything for a second but at the same time i felt hurt that he was being so straightforward like that. It's definitely hurtful to hear someone dismissing your struggles when you know they're real. I'm glad that now, there isn't any doubt about it.

The only thing that still doesn't sit well with me is that since the beginning I've been real curious about what she's really writing in that diary. Of course she might say something out loud but who knows what else she writes in there. I also think the cause for the amnesia could come from trauma and it probably arose from a really bad friendship experience. Can't imagine what though.

Boanstely said:
The reason why she didn't remember Shougo might be that she doesn't think of him as a friend yet... but I couldn't help but think that it might be also... that she thinks of him as something more as a friend - she might have fallen for him after what he did that Friday...

i was totally feeling these vibes too. idk if that situation in the classroom was enough to get her to fall for him but i felt some connection going on the minute he started questioning her amnesia and stuff. i just don't know, i am not ready for this type of drama, sobs.
Apr 20, 2014 5:54 PM

Oct 2013
i wonder if she would remember a boyfriend
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 20, 2014 6:26 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Fujimiya made so many different tamagoyaki, each time being super precise about the amount of sugar she puts in! Amazing. I would never do that for cooking. And I especially don't have a balance in my house. But anyways, I love how she wanted to make the perfect tamagoyaki that suits Hase's tastes ^^

As for Shougo...he's extremely blunt that it hurts sometimes, and although he can be a little for tactful, I don't dislike that about him. He has an realistic point of view, therefore not believing in Fujimiya's memory problem right away. Yet at the same time, he cane give good advice. He reminds me a lot of Shuu from Nisekoi, except that their personalities are totally different.
Apr 20, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
At first I thought that the 18 was the number of fried eggs she made (which is still correct), but then I remembered that it was the grams of sugar put into the seventh one.
On a side note, 18 grams is a lot of sugar for just one serving, and Hase ate so many of those too. O:
Apr 20, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2014
Loving this series more and more.

And Shougo took the words out of my mouth. Haha.
dracoprincessApr 20, 2014 8:05 PM
Apr 20, 2014 8:18 PM

Apr 2012
pretty sure fujimiya and hase are canon
I'm surprised this series has no romance tag. Maybe it's more focused on maintaining a friendship and an implied romance might be as far as they get by the end of the season? Kind of hard for someone to fall in love when they lose their memories every week. More so for Fujimiya.

Apr 20, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
This will probably get a high score from me. Familiar setting and characters, but unique story. I WANT TO KNOW EVERY SINGLE RECIPE SHE USED. I want to try them all! I also love how Hase shrieked when Shougo asked if they were dating.

I hate the recaptcha thing ugh...
Apr 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Apr 2011
I'm liking Shogo as a 3rd member, but I hope they don't add anymore people until she figures out how to keep her memories.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Apr 20, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2013
Excellent, Shogo got more screentime.
Very frank, but he's a pretty awesome guy.
Haha Hase's reaction when Shogo asked whether they were dating xD
More tears, heartwarming scenes :)
Love it.
Apr 20, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
That last line and the preview make me expect drama D:
Shogo = ultimate bro.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Apr 20, 2014 9:21 PM

May 2013
Good job Shogo!

I hope it don't become repetitive.
Apr 20, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
This series is just so charming, this is probably my favorite episode yet since it was a bit more on the dramatic side, I really love this kind of laid back delivery the series has and hope future drama isnt too overblown in the future, im a bit worried about next episode since its called friend's fighting but we'll see when it gets here, at the moment id say this is the pleasant surprise of the season

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2014 10:44 PM

May 2012
11:02 she's probably betrayed by her true friends...

Poor girl, but cute episode.
7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 20, 2014 10:45 PM

Oct 2013
I like shougo...
Apr 20, 2014 10:50 PM

Nov 2013
This was a cute episode. Fujimiya is so adorable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2013
Episode keeps on getting better and better.

Shogo was the spotlight in this episode, getting straight to the point, and protecting her from those two girls trash talking Kaori on her back. I kind of laugh when she made a lot of eggs in the beginning, but hey she is still progressing. Some more drama later on in the next episode.

Apr 20, 2014 11:36 PM

Aug 2012
Shougo best bro!
Apr 20, 2014 11:51 PM

Dec 2013
Kiryuu-sad's words were really harsh in early, but in the end he shows that he's a good guy after all
Apr 21, 2014 12:22 AM
Mar 2014
Shogo for the win ! Glad he sticked up for her such a good friend.

Love the ED song.
Apr 21, 2014 2:08 AM

Jul 2013
Not that I don't enjoy watching it, but I find this anime to be very underwhelming given its premise.

Hase-kun keeps walking the path of a "true friendzone master" by the episode. In all honesty I think he's a bit too naive for his own good. Maybe he should learn the hard way?

Shougo's approach was more mature to the point that if I was asked for a realistic prediction, it would be: Shougo scores with Fujimiya while Hase endures from the sidelines.

Still, I highly doubt this anime has the guts to dwell in such a territory plus the OP+ED suggest otherwise. Personally, I'm not expecting any serious drama in the romantic department although it fits.
Apr 21, 2014 2:38 AM

Sep 2008
Shougo is a pretty cool guy.

You'd think Fujimiya or her family would know what is causing her memory loss. Yet Fujimiya was acting as though she didn't know.
Apr 21, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2013
I knew it. Shougo is one of those characters who seemed off at first, but in the next, they're really show their good side. Kaori is looking cute as always.
Good episode. Looking forward for next week.
Apr 21, 2014 5:01 AM

Jun 2012
Shogo has a functional brain it seems
Apr 21, 2014 5:35 AM
Oct 2013
Nice episode ^^
Apr 21, 2014 5:37 AM

Feb 2012
I thought Shougo would end up being a douche, but good thing things turn out otherwise. He's a good fellow after all. Worried about next weeks "friends fighting" episode though.

Seems like Fujimiya is partly remembering bits and pieces of last week's memory! Great progress!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 21, 2014 5:56 AM

Apr 2014
Shogo is one cool bro
Apr 21, 2014 6:36 AM

Apr 2014
"Don't talk for a while" is the highlight of my day
Apr 21, 2014 7:01 AM

Sep 2011
Hetakoi said:

Shougo scores with Fujimiya while Hase endures from the sidelines.
that would be so unbelievably forced and terrible i would honestly drop this shows score by 2 points minimum

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 21, 2014 7:08 AM

Dec 2013
Oh great and wise Shogo, your somewhat insightful words have caused discord in Kaori.
What an episode!

I found it quite interesting that despite being invited, Shogo looked like an outcast.
Looks like the other two's relationship is developing quite nicely, though.

Looks like that misunderstanding with the diary woke Kaori up.
Thanks Shogo for being a man!
At least Kaori has some backbone now.
Hope she can make more friends from now on.

I am now sitting and doting idly while I wait for the next episode!
Apr 21, 2014 8:08 AM

May 2010
Those tamagoyakis xD I really love the opening lines of the OP. So they are changing Kiryuu's personality, or so I read here. I hate when anime changes source material when I am this emotionally attached to the series. That ruins things on so many levels.

Anyways, sorry for my rant. I just love this anime too much, so don't want important things to be left out :/

Yay for Fujimiya, she finally remembered something for real!

Every episode of this anime seems like a grand finale.

EDIT - Now that I have read the manga's chapter 3, I must say that I am greatly annoyed to see the possible romance between Shogo and Fujimiya completely destroyed. They might have been able to make it work for Hase, augh--- I am so pissed off! Now I am gonna express my anger by shipping Shogo x Fujimiya!

(Don't mind me, I am just random)
TragicRomanceApr 21, 2014 8:24 AM
Apr 21, 2014 8:09 AM

Jan 2014
Yes, I think this is going to be my favorite anime of the season, and I wouldn't mind say maybe one of my favorite animes in a whole..
3 episodes one at the same high level of the other.

I like how the atmospheres keep remaining faithful as time passes, I can feel the drama of it, but presented to us in a delightful and ligh-hearted shape, I can't believe Brains Base gave us such a product.
The art is amazing, the animation is very good, and that soundtrack, my god I LOVE it.

Finally we got more of that man called Shogo, he's great, his scripts are brilliant and he may be a rude guy, but what does he say is always true, he's so wise and right.
I like him because he says things right at the point, without doing circles of words, but in the end he isn't so mean to what he says.
I see him quite an objective person.

Hase-kun is also great, he's so different to Shogo, but I see him as the nice and caring part of him, they make a very good duo.
I like how he's lovely to anyone, and hhe's trying his best to make Fujimiya at ease.

Fujimiya is lovely to the extreme.

But the thing I don't understand is, why she has this improvement to his problem right now?
That came out of nowhere without an explicable reason.
Maybe that number 18 awakened something, but why never before?

Otherwise, another great episode.

5/5
Apr 21, 2014 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
Shogo is one cool bro

+1
Nice move he did!
Apr 21, 2014 9:37 AM

Feb 2013
Finally a character I like
Apr 21, 2014 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
I want to cry with every episode ;_;
Apr 21, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
Somehow it feels really slow. Manga was better.
Apr 21, 2014 12:29 PM

Sep 2010
Shougo has now become my favorite character in this anime even though he is a cold one but he is an awesome friend ^-^ such wise words from him makes him my favorite
Apr 21, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2008
I really like this series, tho each time I'm watching it, I'm worried, there will be some huge drama ahead.

As for the episode - Yay for Shogo!
-
Apr 21, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
Hantsuki03 said:
Friends = lose memory

Therefore Hase should just skip the friend zone and date Fujimiya, maybe she won't lose her memories of him

Thats my theory as well...anyways, it is still essential for her to remember memories of her friends
Apr 21, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
Kitoge said:
Hantsuki03 said:
Friends = lose memory

Therefore Hase should just skip the friend zone and date Fujimiya, maybe she won't lose her memories of him

Thats my theory as well...anyways, it is still essential for her to remember memories of her friends

Yea...besides,Kaori would probably forget a love interest too thought,even more so than a friend. Even thought it was it wasn't mentioned,I'm sure she never even thought about a romantic relationship,not that we can blame her.We also know she forgets people she's close to that aren't family. A boyfriend would probably be the first one she'd forget.

I'd find it really funny if that were true though but I really,really doubt it.
Apr 21, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2012
Solid show. So consistent in terms of quality.
Apr 21, 2014 4:40 PM

Nov 2013
I knew math was going to have something to do with this! XD I bet it's going to be a key in helping her remember stuff. Did she make 18 tamagoyaki?

This is my weekly dose of cute. It's a little slow, but I don't mind.
Apr 21, 2014 5:54 PM

Oct 2009
Aeroing said:
I knew math was going to have something to do with this! XD I bet it's going to be a key in helping her remember stuff. Did she make 18 tamagoyaki?

This is my weekly dose of cute. It's a little slow, but I don't mind.

18 for the 18 grams of sugar used in Hase's favorite one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
I just wonder why her memories reset every monday and not every day. I mean...something must have happened in a monday, lol.
Anyway I love Shogo!
Im loving this anime...feel like throwing up rainbows every episode~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 21, 2014 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
I feel so bad for Fujimiya~ I just want to give her a hug X3

And Kiryuu seems to be a pretty good guy :D
Apr 21, 2014 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
Hase's so sweet. Do guys like him still exist in this world? Ah...the world is filled with rainbows every time Fujimiya smiles.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 21, 2014 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
Hahahaha! Hase-kun panicking was lol

and THIS
eyrahsamaApr 21, 2014 9:39 PM
Apr 21, 2014 9:36 PM

Mar 2013
Hetakoi said:
Shougo's approach was more mature to the point that if I was asked for a realistic prediction, it would be: Shougo scores with Fujimiya while Hase endures from the sidelines.

Still, I highly doubt this anime has the guts to dwell in such a territory plus the OP+ED suggest otherwise. Personally, I'm not expecting any serious drama in the romantic department although it fits.

I don't think that Isshuukan Friends is a romantic drama at all; it should not intend to be one, and it should never be classified as one. Its drama bases more off of Fujimiya's incapability or limitation at intimate social interaction and her subsequent development based on that premise, rather than any romantic indecision or love triangle. I doubt that Shougo has any interest for Fujimiya.

[I thought that your way-of-thinking was extremely far-fetched and out-of-nowhere until I saw your forum avatar. Lol'd. It all makes sense now.]
----

Another great episode! I love the balance between innocent purity, heart-warming comedy, and subtle but poignant drama.
Apr 21, 2014 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
Shougo~ I'm starting to like him. <3
Apr 21, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2012
Damnit, this episode definitely brought to mind all those other stories where the girls falls for the blunt guy and the kind guy gets friendzoned for being such a good friend. Just like in real life.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

205 by Husen_Duhoki »»
May 21, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.