Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Apr 11, 2019 5:46 AM
Mar 2012
Nice the comedy's still funny, and King & Fubuki already keep my interest. Wait King, (bad)luck is still a power.
Lol Sonic's back.
Shading & art is nice, tho weird Genos metal gota get used to...
Animation just ok, no Bones style slow mo. Kind of too fast, too blurry with closeups, and messy action directing/clarity. It's like competing on poor action directing with Fairy Gone.
DanMachi & TabooTattoo had some smooth fights, so Jcstaff could reach that level, or just hire some S1 freelance animators back.
Apr 11, 2019 5:46 AM

Sep 2017
what a bunch of elitist weebs.....trying to find all the imperfections desperately , I mean why not just enjoy the show for what it is and it is goddamn good
Apr 11, 2019 6:55 AM
May 2016
Well with all the hate before episode came out,i expected the tokyo ghoul:re2 type of trash.Yet it suprised me on the good note.
It's not season 1,but i still consider this quite good,it was weird at times,editing and voice acting at times felt not right.Also tone through out the episode was weird and not like season 1,but i still really enjoyed it.
I just hope it will get better and not worst as the season goes,and i'll be all fine with that kind of quality this season.
Apr 11, 2019 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
i don't like the animation but like what can we do right :/ but more importantly SHIT GAROU FINALLY YEEEES
Apr 11, 2019 7:32 AM
Sep 2018
Nice episode i will keep watching it.
Apr 11, 2019 7:33 AM

May 2018
Orion007 said:
what a bunch of elitist weebs.....trying to find all the imperfections desperately , I mean why not just enjoy the show for what it is and it is goddamn good

Let's take mortal combat for an example, get rid of all the gore violence, put a lot less effort in making the fighting moves. Would you want to play it ? Don't think so

Now take One Punch Man, get rid of all the good action scenes and replace them with "meh" action scene would you want to watch it ? Don't think so

It's sure is still too early to say that OMP season 2 will be bad on the long run but please, stop making fools of yourself by defending the poor animation/execution of this episode. People are totally right to be disappointed so far ! But well I know that either way hardcore fan of One Punch man wouldn't be able to accept one freaking once of criticism.
A Signature Is Supposed To Be Here.
Apr 11, 2019 7:39 AM
Apr 2019
Parthostic said:
BravoBlast333 said:

Care to explain why?

I think it's pretty evident why so I'm going to bullet point this.
-Animation is a clear downgrade. Perhaps the largest reason I enjoyed the first season was that it provided some incredible animation for a one cour series.
-Script. Just look at the conversation between Genos and Dr. Kuseno lmfao.
-Episode was not funny, again another standout reason I enjoyed the first season.

Of course this is just the first episode, but hey, not a very enticing or promising one at that.

- Sure, the animation is a big step down from S1.
- It was fine, only purpose of that convo was to remind us of Genos's goal and the fact that he is continually improving. It served its purpose. Also there were some dodgy subs out there so depends which version you saw.
- You didn't find any of the King stuff funny? Fair enough, but I thought it was in the same vein as season one's.

Ep1 set up King (who turns into one of the best characters in the series, trust me) and had Garou at the end, who will feature prominently in the next ep. As a manga reader I can tell you there are some great moments to come and there is more of an actual plot this season. My only fear is that the animation doesn't drop in quality any more.
Apr 11, 2019 7:41 AM

Sep 2017
Hitoriki said:
Orion007 said:

Let's take mortal combat for an example, get rid of all the gore violence, put a lot less effort in making the fighting moves. Would you want to play it ? Don't think so

Now take One Punch Man, get rid of all the good action scenes and replace them with "meh" action scene would you want to watch it ? Don't think so

It's sure is still too early to say that OMP season 2 will be bad on the long run but please, stop making fools of yourself by defending the poor animation/execution of this episode. People are totally right to be disappointed so far ! But well I know that either way hardcore fan of One Punch man wouldn't be able to accept one freaking once of criticism.

just like I said an elitist weeb
you people never cease to dissapoint me,learn to like something for what it is and if you can't then atleast don't judge the people who've had the worst plate
Apr 11, 2019 7:42 AM
Apr 2019
Hitoriki said:
Orion007 said:

Please don't assume that animation quality is the only reason people follow OPM, it was one of the best things about season 1 but not the only deciding factor.

If that was the only thing you liked about it and the satire/humour/characters were lost on you, then I suggest you abandon ship here and I'll see you when S3 comes out.
Apr 11, 2019 8:02 AM

May 2018
BravoBlast333 said:
If that was the only thing you liked about it and the satire/humour/characters were lost on you, then I suggest you abandon ship here and I'll see you when S3 comes out.

Yeah, One Punch Man is funny, and furthermore people can like it for whatever reason they want to like it. I did only point out that criticizing people for not liking the animation was stupid and that there is a lot of problem with the new animation style/ execution of the show. Look some people have the right to be disappointed and some other people can like the show past the animation without problems, didn't say anything against that. However action is a big factor in One Punch Man ( the purpose of the show being a guy that can beat anything with one punch ) so it is normal to be disappointed when an important aspect of the show is lacking in quality. You can't deny that. And the execution of the action in this first episode was horrible. That's all.
Apr 11, 2019 8:22 AM

May 2018
Orion007 said:

you people never cease to dissapoint me,learn to like something for what it is and if you can't then atleast don't judge the people who've had the worst plate

Huh... Listen I don't really want to argue cause I know that you will only repeat the same thing over and over... But yeah criticism is good, it helps creating variations, and it help to point out the things that we don't want to see again. If you get rid of your critic sense, and accept basically anything that comes as it is, you will never gain anything new in life. Or at least on the long term. Creating series like One Punch Man season one demanded a lot of effort. It took a lot of time and an amazing team to put on this amazing series, and overall in the animation world it was something exceptional because the director had a lot of contact and put a lot of effort into making it as amazing as it is now.
It was obvious that the second season would be less amazing, and seriously I did "enjoy" this first episode for at least the comedy section which can pretty much be given to the voice actors and the scenario of the manga. But the animation lacked a lot more than what I was expecting it to be. It feels and is rushed. The execution and application of the animation is awful. It is not a question of "style" is this case but more of a directing problem, the world in itself doesn't feel the same as the first season, it doesn't feel alive and the lack of attention and effort put in certain scenes just get you out of it... I'm not making pointless criticism here, I want to be able to enjoy One Punch Man season 2 and I sure hope it will happen with the next episodes but I'm scared that it will probably go south from here on. knowing that the team started production not a long time ago.
Apr 11, 2019 9:02 AM
Apr 2019
Will the joke ever get too old? Find out in the next episode!

Didn't really liked this episode tbh. The reasons why I liked the first season were the godlike animation and action scenes and the hilarious jokes it had. Huge downgrade on both animation and action. The comedy is somewhat the same, although I didn't really laugh at any jokes this episode had.
Apr 11, 2019 9:39 AM

Aug 2018
Feels off and i don't like it. Watch ANY Genos fight from the previous season side by side with this one if you need an explanation.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 11, 2019 10:19 AM
Dec 2016
It is just as bad, but the humour and sharp writing still is there. Just the presentation and quality is all fucked.
Apr 11, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2014
Orion007 said:
Hitoriki said:

All you're saying here is "I don't care about the quality of what I'm watching, so I'm going to project that onto other people."

People watch things for different reasons. You are not wrong for liking it despite its flaws, and he is not wrong for disliking it for the reasons he listed.

However, you are wrong for calling him an elitist because he actually cares enough to think about what he's watching. People aren't elitists because they criticize things. Elitists are people who go out of their way to act snobby and make other feel bad about what they like. He did not do that. He offered fair criticism.

You also did not refute a single point he made, just stuck to name-calling. Grow up.
Apr 11, 2019 10:38 AM

Sep 2017
The charm of season one is gone. It's still entertaining, but it feels like any other Shounen right now.
Apr 11, 2019 10:42 AM
Sep 2018
オ兄チャン 名前ヲ決メテ!
Apr 11, 2019 12:13 PM
Oct 2016
Is it only me that heard the french dub actor of Saitama (Orelsan) briefly speak at the beginning of the ending ?

EDIT: Just looked it up, apparantly it's only for Europe
Re-EDIT: Not the beginning of the ending only
Pigeon351Apr 11, 2019 12:18 PM
Apr 11, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2011
Krunchyman said:
The charm of season one is gone. It's still entertaining, but it feels like any other Shounen right now.

I agree here. We still need to watch the entire show, obviously, but yes, there's this little thing that seems to be gone now
Apr 11, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode. I think the use of darker colors/tone and more blood makes S2 a bit much darker than S1.

Even the effects and OST, it's not as happy go lucky like S1.

Animation is 50/50. I do agree that the camera moves faster than the characters. If this was Madhouse, the characters would actually go beyond the camera angles.

Anyways, it's still the beginning episode. I can't wait to see more Fubuki and Saitama action!!!!
Apr 11, 2019 3:52 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm, so far I found ep1 to be okay, nothing amazing, S1 is definitely better, but this was still serviceable (except for the CG mech parts).
I just hope they manage to keep up for the rest of the season, though after how Index III was handled I'm not keeping my hopes up.
Apr 11, 2019 10:19 PM

Sep 2017
Hitoriki said:
Orion007 said:

Huh... Listen I don't really want to argue cause I know that you will only repeat the same thing over and over... But yeah criticism is good, it helps creating variations, and it help to point out the things that we don't want to see again. If you get rid of your critic sense, and accept basically anything that comes as it is, you will never gain anything new in life. Or at least on the long term. Creating series like One Punch Man season one demanded a lot of effort. It took a lot of time and an amazing team to put on this amazing series, and overall in the animation world it was something exceptional because the director had a lot of contact and put a lot of effort into making it as amazing as it is now.
It was obvious that the second season would be less amazing, and seriously I did "enjoy" this first episode for at least the comedy section which can pretty much be given to the voice actors and the scenario of the manga. But the animation lacked a lot more than what I was expecting it to be. It feels and is rushed. The execution and application of the animation is awful. It is not a question of "style" is this case but more of a directing problem, the world in itself doesn't feel the same as the first season, it doesn't feel alive and the lack of attention and effort put in certain scenes just get you out of it... I'm not making pointless criticism here, I want to be able to enjoy One Punch Man season 2 and I sure hope it will happen with the next episodes but I'm scared that it will probably go south from here on. knowing that the team started production not a long time ago.

I'm sorry man i was pretty hyped yesterday and I didn't mean to call you an elitist or a weeb....i mean i was pretty rough and unrealistic, people have their own opinions.

oh and I'm sorry I didn't read your whole paragraph......i'm fine now
Apr 11, 2019 10:24 PM

Sep 2017
DiscoMilf said:
Orion007 said:

All you're saying here is "I don't care about the quality of what I'm watching, so I'm going to project that onto other people."

People watch things for different reasons. You are not wrong for liking it despite its flaws, and he is not wrong for disliking it for the reasons he listed.

However, you are wrong for calling him an elitist because he actually cares enough to think about what he's watching. People aren't elitists because they criticize things. Elitists are people who go out of their way to act snobby and make other feel bad about what they like. He did not do that. He offered fair criticism.

You also did not refute a single point he made, just stuck to name-calling. Grow up.

yeah I apologized to him for being unreasonable I didn't really mean to call him that but I was pretty bumbed with everyones reactions and how they were blaming the studio that was given the worst plate....however it was imature of me,I know that people are allowed to have their own opinions so I guess I own you an apology as well...i'm sorry for ruining the atmosphere I guess
Apr 11, 2019 10:35 PM
Nov 2017
Season 1 was definitely better. But if we don't compare it with season 1, it's a good one by itself. At least enjoy the story!
Apr 11, 2019 11:02 PM

Jul 2016
King and Fubuki are here!

Good start. I'm looking forward to finally seeing the Garou Arc adapted.
Apr 11, 2019 11:16 PM
Apr 2019
I'm so disappointed over here, what have they done to you genos..?
To much shade and pallette un conditionally there,I am the big fan of one punch man.
Unfortunately I really disappoint if I watch from episode 1
Apr 11, 2019 11:31 PM

May 2012
the first episode doesn't seem that bad except for the weird painting-like gradation :/ let's wait till some epic fight occurs. wahahahahaha
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Apr 12, 2019 1:30 AM

Aug 2015
I wonder when did MAL or the internet anime community in general is invested with armchair animation expert,

cinematography
palette
shade
tones
sakuga

Using that words doesn't make you smarter or actually have an understanding of said word...

Piss off you normies
Apr 12, 2019 1:51 AM

May 2018
Orion007 said:
I'm sorry man i was pretty hyped yesterday and I didn't mean to call you an elitist or a weeb....i mean i was pretty rough and unrealistic, people have their own opinions.

oh and I'm sorry I didn't read your whole paragraph......i'm fine now

Yeah, no problem. My first post wasn't really well written/thought either.
Apr 12, 2019 2:50 AM

Oct 2010
Can't help but think about My Hero Academia when I watched this. After the first season of OPM there were 3 seasons of MHA, so there's an MHA hangover. OPM is already too late, no more that unique feeling.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Apr 12, 2019 2:54 AM

Jan 2019
Nurguburu said:
One Punch Man is back baby.

and thats all i need ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Apr 12, 2019 3:16 AM

Jan 2019
All OPM S2 haters be like...

Apr 12, 2019 5:36 AM

Jan 2015
I'm still sad that we're not going to see animation like the first season but also happy that it's back.
Apr 12, 2019 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
And Saitama losing streak to King amazing gaming abilities as begun >:)

Wow they really hammered in that bit with King crying his eye balls out and pissing himself lol, still was pretty impactfull so no compains tho i am not sure yet if this type of more slow paced humor will be that great in opose to quick jokes and punchlines.
Pretty nice way to start out this season nevertheless and the opening... is just okay i guess.
Apr 12, 2019 8:26 AM

Mar 2010
I mean i'm Just happy S2 is here, im not that critic about animation And stuff, I care more about pacing and not cutting important stuff, but Holy shit How does Japan anime industry even Works? Good animes like OPM and betserk gets bad Studios and some other wtf animes more Seasons and better ones
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2019 1:28 PM
May 2017
Alright, finally watched the episode, and I am really excited for this season!

First, the comedy is still in top form. Saitama and Genos still have great comedic chemistry, and King had some of the funniest moments in this episode.
Also, Germany likes dating sims? Who knew? ;)

I'm also enjoying this dichotomy between King and Saitama.

King is known as the "strongest hero in the world" because of prior battles, and from word of mouth. He's touted as a powerful force of unstoppable fury, so much so that even his HEARTBEAT makes villains crap their pants in his vicinity. It helps that he looks like he got rung through a couple of Yazuka brawls, and his disposition is that of a man who looks about ready to kick your teeth in.
Even I'll admit, if I saw a guy like that, I doubt I'd want to fight him.

But the show took the OPPOSITE route and made him an anti-social otaku who was just in the right place at the right time. And all because SAITAMA was the one punching out the monsters he was supposedly fighting!
He's no hero, and he KNOWS it. It's been a farce. What's worse, he can't go back and say he's not the "strongest hero" because it would be a slap to the public, they'd think he was just being modest, or it would have the opposite effect and ruin his and several other heroes' lives by calling the legitimacy of THEIR abilities and statuses.
Although that last part is just conjecture.

What's more, King got this title through association and word of mouth, not through action. No one SAW him do these deeds. All they know are the rumors, and those rumors took form. And now King has to shoulder both the honor and the burden it means to be "the strongest".

Saitama, meanwhile, is clawing from the bottom up to get the title of "hero", and is usually the one saving the day. As we saw last season, he's not one to shove others away from the spotlight or hog it. All he wants is to protect and serve, and to get a good punch in otherwise.
He also knows that having his powers means he can't really get any enjoyment out of a fight unless it's someone who can top his abilities. Comes with being the literal "one-punch man". His methods are even unbelievable, because NO ONE who sees Saitama thinks he is capable of doing what he does. He just looks like with no flair and no power.

And as we've seen time and again, that's so very wrong.

It's like looking at two sides of a coin: powerless and tough, powerful and morose.

But no, what I truly like about this dichotomy is what happens later in this episode. Saitama follows King, and starts asking questions.
Could it be because HE INITIALLY SEES HIMSELF IN KING?
And that actually brought a tear to my eye.
Then tells him to EARN his hero title properly. He ENCOURAGES King instead of pulling a different dick move I've seen before in media.
There's no "YOU BETTER STOP TAKING CREDIT FOR MY SHIT" type of argument.
He's not mad, he's not pompous, he's just himself!

Just, Saitama being a GENUINE HERO AND ROLE MODEL and helping King start overcoming his obstacles.

So. Great.

I'm also hanging on the edge of my seat over how Lady Blizzard is coming after Saitama, villains are being called on for help, and how Speed o' Sound Sonic still wants revenge.

I also have a feeling Genos' cyborg will be coming back soon.

Either way, this was an EXPLOSIVE first episode!
Apr 12, 2019 2:24 PM

May 2015
That 3 1/2 years for the sequel line tho
Apr 12, 2019 2:54 PM

Apr 2018
KonekoRyuugamine said:

First, the comedy is still in top form. Saitama and Genos still have great comedic chemistry, and King had some of the funniest moments in this episode.

King is known as the "strongest hero in the world" because of prior battles, and from word of mouth. He's touted as a powerful force of unstoppable fury, so much so that even his HEARTBEAT makes villains crap their pants in his vicinity. It helps that he looks like he got rung through a couple of Yazuka brawls, and his disposition is that of a man who looks about ready to kick your teeth in.

But the show took the OPPOSITE route and made him an anti-social otaku who was just in the right place at the right time. And all because SAITAMA was the one punching out the monsters he was supposedly fighting!
He's no hero, and he KNOWS it. It's been a farce. What's worse, he can't go back and say he's not the "strongest hero" because it would be a slap to the public, they'd think he was just being modest, or it would have the opposite effect and ruin his and several other heroes' lives by calling the legitimacy of THEIR abilities and statuses.

What's more, King got this title through association and word of mouth, not through action. No one SAW him do these deeds. All they know are the rumors, and those rumors took form. And now King has to shoulder both the honor and the burden it means to be "the strongest".

Saitama, meanwhile, is clawing from the bottom up to get the title of "hero", and is usually the one saving the day. As we saw last season, he's not one to shove others away from the spotlight or hog it. All he wants is to protect and serve, and to get a good punch in otherwise.
He also knows that having his powers means he can't really get any enjoyment out of a fight unless it's someone who can top his abilities. Comes with being the literal "one-punch man". His methods are even unbelievable, because NO ONE who sees Saitama thinks he is capable of doing what he does. He just looks like with no flair and no power.

It's like looking at two sides of a coin: powerless and tough, powerful and morose.

But no, what I truly like about this dichotomy is what happens later in this episode. Saitama follows King, and starts asking questions.
Then tells him to EARN his hero title properly. He ENCOURAGES King instead of pulling a different dick move I've seen before in media.

Just, Saitama being a GENUINE HERO AND ROLE MODEL and helping King start overcoming his obstacles.

So. Great.

I'm also hanging on the edge of my seat over how Lady Blizzard is coming after Saitama, villains are being called on for help, and how Speed o' Sound Sonic still wants revenge.

Youre a bit overreacting but overall its true what you say

Apr 12, 2019 3:23 PM

May 2015
It wasn't as epic as the 1st season but still fine.
Not a fan of that action battle scene with Genos but at least Saitama's remarks are as always great, so there is something to look forward to.
Apr 12, 2019 3:28 PM
May 2017
Fl0ri4n said:
KonekoRyuugamine said:

So. Great.

I, uh, had a lot to write down. ^3^;;
Apr 12, 2019 4:58 PM

Aug 2015
Please improve animation until it's finished airing man.

Apr 12, 2019 5:08 PM

Apr 2018
KonekoRyuugamine said:
Fl0ri4n said:

I, uh, had a lot to write down. ^3^;;
Its fine. Good that someone writes about the positive aspects and not that the animation is "trash". Its not as good as first season but madhouse made a masterpiece animation wise. Doesnt matter how good it is people always find a way to see something negative

Apr 12, 2019 5:49 PM

Apr 2015
I could barely get thru the episode. of course, the OPM plot is interesting enough and I like the sense of humour, but the animation was what really got me into OPM. I feel quite sad that my all time manga/anime favourite character (Garou) will get this kind of treatment.
Apr 12, 2019 8:03 PM
Jul 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
deg said:

about Mob Psycho

that twitter user is part of the sakuga community and their group gets insider information too
Yeah, aware of that too. Don't hold too much belief on the OPM two episodes thing, because Yonkou's never a reliable source of info. The man got every prediction of OPM wrong, from airing date to the lies about the first episode being early previewed

yep don't trust him that much really he isn't even a reliable source imao
Apr 12, 2019 8:05 PM
Jul 2016
DumpsterKing said:
deg said:

BDs only correct drawings and background art (aka art style - a term made by fans)

i never heard or seen a BD that improves the animation too
Bakemonogatari had a lot of BD fixes. The original TV run of Bake was literally incomplete though, so it's a different case.

hope so really they're selling vol 1 in 27 august which it's late it's after the season ends a month and a half
Apr 12, 2019 8:33 PM
Jul 2016
the episode was good actually the animation wasn't the best but i know it's lower than tabbo tattoo since J.C Staff busy with other works to handle which i thought it would be like that dynamic like it but it wasn't really that much but hope it improves after that which seems not possible but let's see and the writing was good since it's the same writer of S1 as usual hope the director try his best though i actually like the dark tone although it seems off sometimes but it wasn't hard to use to it since i wasn't expecting it to be like S1
Apr 12, 2019 9:49 PM

Apr 2011
My brother didn't notice the differences in animation, but I did. It wasn't bad for a first episode, I just hope it gets better next episode.
Apr 12, 2019 9:59 PM

Jan 2017
Hitoriki said:
tidoesstuff said:
I guess most are hating because of the heavy reporting done on the change of animators, influencing opinions and people jumping on the bandwagon of hating it. There is animation out there, far worse, that was decent... so let them grow with it; they know it's a high profile anime with a lot riding on it, they wont intentionally do a shite job. Who was it, JC? Their best animation is on food wars, so one punch man is completely different in terms of style so...

I really don't understand why so many people are okay with the animation of the show, every one seems to want to defend this new season for some obscure reason. So here's a unbiased constructive review of the animation of episode one ( I won't exclude the possibility of episode two to be better but I pretty much doubt it ).

Allright first the opening, the thing that supposed to sells the show. For a small information point, openings often present a better animation than the actual show, this is used to get people hooked into watching it or showing them how far the studio can bring some scenes of the animation. But yeah, so far, this opening is pretty much the worst part of the show. We've got a diaporama powerpoint with transparent text in a horrible font.
In the end the opening has about only 20 seconds of relatively good animation out of 1:30 so that leaves 1:10 of diaporamas.

Next the actual episode, It is "not so bad" or at least the comedy and the interactions between Saitama and King make up for a watchable/almost decent episode.
The first 30 seconds are really not great, the colours and the resolution of the character does not match with the colours and the resolution of the background, also the clippings of the characters are horrible. One of the problem reside in a lot of the backgrounds being edited photos to look like animation ( speculation on my part but it looks like it ). This is a shame since the first scene of the town actually shows a good environment.
The introduction of King is well made. The public, the monster and the scenes are on this part actually well animated so nothing to say about that.
Now the fight between Genos and G4 is really bad, both in the pacing and the animation. The animation team didn't stick on a constant texture for the metal parts of the body of both characters which make it look dull. Either the metal is over shiny and the reflection doesn't move with the action, or there is no reflection and everything look flat. The action scenes have no punch, or fluidity in the movement a shame for an action anime. And finally the faces that Genos make on a lot of those scenes is seriously laughable.
The interactions between Saitama and King are pretty fun to watch as they are quite funny, but again when it comes to the "action scene" with the bird everything goes back to being "badly made" or at least executed. It's a stuck frame paradise where the purpose of the scene is completely lost in the lack of planning of the animation. I mean, the scene where Saitama is supposed to turn in slow mode lack frames, which bring down a lot of the action build-up of the preceding scenes.
Then the show goes back to having decent animation and scene planning with the second part of Saitama's and King's interactions. Which is ruined again with the pacing of the scene involving Genos and Dr.Kuseno which is all in the dark for some reason ( background budget was lacking ) and again a lot of stuck frames.
Then there is the end of the episode which is not horrible nor good, forgettable for most part and yeah the introduction of Garou was not amazing, or interesting.

So, that's it. Even if it was obvious that the second season would not be near the level of the first. I think it's still hypocritical to say that it's a decent adaptation for a second season of OPM. It's clearly far from the most horrible animation I've seen but I wouldn't call it decent animation either.

I was debating whether or not to answer you so in deptha. cba!
'Cause, firstly, I appreciate the lengths you went to unbiasedly talk about the change of animators -as though those issues weren't a given.
Lastly, I gave credit where it was due, as a comparative calling it decent, I stand by that; but dont say, "why are people trying say this season is good?" Its been one episode, it's been looked at holistically rather than just in regards to animation. And, most are on the bandwagon for hating on this seasons animation instead of actually trying to watch it. Dont try and change that narrative so the vocal minority seem to be the majority.
Apr 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Nov 2013
Oh God. Do yourself a favour and don’t rewatch season 1 before this, lest you be in for a world of disappointment .
The transitions are GARBAGE! Hopefully the story holds up .
Apr 13, 2019 5:58 AM

Mar 2016
Honestly, thought it was watchable. Genos is off putting, but I think I can still enjoy it for the writing unless it gets Bezerk level of bad quality.

Of course, OPM deserves better. But I'll take what I can get. We'll see how this one goes as it continues on.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

395 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 21, 4:45 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 8:23 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:58 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

188 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:27 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

237 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.