Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jul 7, 2013 12:44 PM

Sep 2011
Getting serious!
Jul 10, 2013 6:45 AM

Oct 2011
The Gargantia might be in trouble if all of those ships leave the fleet. Glad the plot is finally picking up.
Jul 12, 2013 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
Not a bad episode i really liked the part when the hidauze are passing beneath the gargantia, really felt the tension though i wonder why none of the crew are that surprised that he has found in the sea the same monsters he is fighting in space
Jul 19, 2013 3:03 AM

Dec 2012
looks like the lolligagging is over and the story and battle of ethics and morals will come into play. It's always this way when giant monsters or a greater-than-humanity threat is in the plot. The true enemy will always be the corrupt morals of a few, and I always had a funny feeling about the blond rig worker. In the beginning he just wanted to bust up the robot and get rid of the kid. Now he wants to play "friendly" with Ledo now that he knows Ledo can bust up a demi-god squid and has powerful motives that offer no hesitation. tsk tsk humanity (−_− )
Jul 21, 2013 6:27 AM

Jul 2007
Kasane_Ted said:
looks like the lolligagging is over and the story and battle of ethics and morals will come into play.

Yes, apparently you missed that the whole point of this show is Ledo's character development, so those episodes were CRUCIAL to the overall show.
Aug 10, 2013 9:50 AM

May 2012
He should just start killing all those whale squids! Lets see what will happen to the captain! Some nice development going on here!
Sep 10, 2013 11:46 PM

Jun 2012
Hmmm, I've got a feeling the time travel thing is going to turn out true... I really hope not though, just because it's so predictable. I and everyone else apparently expect that, so I hope this series ends up surprising me in a good way. So far, while I enjoyed the series up until now... I'll be a tad disappointed if the huge reveal of this series is something I suspected since episode 1.
Oct 1, 2013 12:14 PM

Aug 2012
Exciting episode. Stand-off was pretty intense.
Oct 29, 2013 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
ChinesePanda said:
I think the Hideauze HUNT AFTER ENERGY not advanced civilizations thats why they went after the QUANTUM ENERGY of the Closer Pass bomb, HAVE A NEST ON SUPER RADIOACTIVE SUN that the Alliance can't attack behind also hence why Gargantia turns EVERYTHING OFF to --AVOID-- them.
Probably this.
SayakaMagica said:
This suggests to me that during the time when most of humanity left Earth for space, there could have been a conflict where those who left believed coexistence with these creatures were impossible - and those who remained were probably part of a religion that respected and sought to live alongside them. In any case, the Hideauze seem to display a degree of intelligence that makes them respond in force to the death of one of their own - and are drawn to any active human application of technology nearby.
And this.

Poor Amy :(
The other people really should have at least try to understand Ledo's point of view. He grew up only knowing them as enemies to humanity, not as animals. I would have been more surprised if Ledo just gave up either before killing the first one or setting off trying killing the others.
Poor Commodore :/ He will probably die, leaving Ridget as the captain, who won't be able to hold together Gargantia :/
I really don't understand what that captain and Pinion wants. Even if they get their hands on some cool shit, they won't be able to defend themselves anymore with fewer people and ships. Well Ledo will be probably there though.
Still, I hope they find something that will tell us more about what went down on Earth before or during the ice age (which is the direction I guess the anime will go in).
Apr 18, 2014 6:49 PM

Feb 2013
Fleet commander looks like he's gonna die. Damn, what a horrible time to get a heart attack. Looks like Ledo must/wants to kill those whalesquids really bad. He's gonna leave! Don't leave Amy behind! I wonder if Ledo also traveled back on time and not just space.
Jul 21, 2014 11:32 AM

Oct 2013
dam tense episode
so the caption is going to die I can only assume
D:
strange story but pretty cool
[/quote]
Aug 12, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2014
So intense when the squids passed under the fleet. Have a bad feeling Ledo is going to leave...
May 28, 2015 11:27 PM
Jun 2013
I cant really blame ledo since well hes been at war with the space version of these things. Also seems amy has fallen in love. The whole brother sub plot kinda came from no where. I will admit I felt kinda tense when the squids were going under by them.
Mar 17, 2016 1:46 PM

Jun 2013
Really good episode but I did not like how he made Amy sad :(
Apr 18, 2016 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
Now things got interesting. I understand Ledo, he was born to kill the Hideauze. The captain got a heart attack, oh no!
Very good episode.
Oct 20, 2016 7:13 AM

Feb 2012
I think Hideauze are basically whalesquid cylons.
Humans genetically engineered whalesquids as weapons and they got out of control.

The people of Gargantia have previously been shown to respect nature so its a simple explanation as to why killing whalesquid is taboo.

Alternatively, Hideauze aren't dangerous if left alone but the people of Gargantia have long since forgotten why killing whalesquid is taboo and are surviving because they preserve tradition.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 20, 2017 6:18 PM
Jan 2012
Good episode. Tension moment in the giant squid's.
Oh no the character i like much ,that's died.
The politics situation complication more in sequel episodes.
Dec 19, 2018 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
So... those things are Hideauze, right? I mean they look exactly like them. They are probably the reason why a lot of humans left earth.
Oct 16, 2019 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
Just commenting for posterity.

One of my favorite episodes in an anime. I really enjoyed Ledo's speech to Amy and Bevel. I wish he was able to give Commodore Fairlock the exact same speech - would have led to some great back and forth.

Even knowing the ending to this show, I still agree wholeheartedly with Ledo. The humans of earth live like cowards and only aim to scrape by and survive. There is no development of civilization, rather a regression. I wonder what Gargantia's literacy rate is. The people of Gargantia may not realize it, but eventually their attitudes will cause the collapse of human civilization on earth. Afterall, how long can they keep those rust buckets afloat? They will have to move on someday and they don't seem prepared for it.
Aug 1, 2020 7:40 AM
Oct 2019
Pretty lame that all these people think they can just force their beliefs on Ledo without even bothering to understand his experiences at all.
Sep 14, 2022 11:04 PM

Feb 2019
it's the stress of the whalesquid attack that got him all worked up and now his heart can't handle the stress.

i get why Ledo wants to get rid of those creatures; he knows what they'll evolve to become. and i kinda understand the Gargantia people's reasoning; they want to maintain the peace they are enjoying, but really both sides should sit down and talk about why Ledo's gung-ho on killing those things.
Apr 4, 11:50 AM

Jan 2021
The needs of the many, outway the needs of the few. Or the needs of the one
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.