Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (56) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2014 12:25 AM

Mar 2014
Kamipriest said:
Haha i'm not, don't worry I'm just bored.

Haha we will all be bored until april :(
Dec 28, 2014 12:26 AM

Jan 2014
Kamipriest said:
zacrathedemon5 said:

It's called criticism.

It's still just opinions. You find no value in them, I find plenty. I don't say they they should have been put in, or get angry if I don't get them though. It's a nice touch.
You on the other hand are trying to say they shouldn't be included because of YOUR own preference.
You nor I dictate what is justified and what isn't.
Your opinions don't decide what should be included or what isn't.
You have the option to ignore them if you dislike them.

If you want to talk about what is necessary then the entire show isn't necessary, in fact the entire medium of entertainment isn't necessary. That doesn't mean it's a bother when it's there.

Dude, calm down! Is it the use of the word "justified" that specifically made you upset? The way I meant it, it could be interchangeable with "necessary to the narrative".

My point was, the episode would have flowed better and, as a result, told a better story if those first 10 minutes were abridged. They could have accomplished everything they accomplished in those first 10 minutes that was relevant to the story/characters/development/etc. in a much shorter time.
Dec 28, 2014 12:26 AM

May 2012
Lolicon_Knight said:
Kamipriest said:
Haha i'm not, don't worry I'm just bored.

Haha we will all be bored until april :(

I know :(
I still got a few VN's to read but I don't think they'll hold out that long

zacrathedemon5 said:
Kamipriest said:

It's still just opinions. You find no value in them, I find plenty. I don't say they they should have been put in, or get angry if I don't get them though. It's a nice touch.
You on the other hand are trying to say they shouldn't be included because of YOUR own preference.
You nor I dictate what is justified and what isn't.
Your opinions don't decide what should be included or what isn't.
You have the option to ignore them if you dislike them.

If you want to talk about what is necessary then the entire show isn't necessary, in fact the entire medium of entertainment isn't necessary. That doesn't mean it's a bother when it's there.

Dude, calm down! Is it the use of the word "justified" that specifically made you upset? The way I meant it, it could be interchangeable with "necessary to the narrative".

My point was, the episode would have flowed better and, as a result, told a better story if those first 10 minutes were abridged. Please, don't take it as a personal attack. It's not.

I'm not, I'm just giving a counter argument. Like I stated those first ten minutes are an added bonus, the show is already twice the length of a normal show so there is no reason to complain about them.

I understand your criticisms towards them, but I don't see how they're not justified.
KamiCityDec 28, 2014 12:29 AM
Dec 28, 2014 12:27 AM
Oct 2012
Anyone could explain as to how Caster have gotten Shirou's seal, when he supposedly has no command seals at the time that she transferred?

1- Episode 1, First usage where he commanded Saber to stop attacking
2- Second usage was where he summoned Saber in the school during Rider's Attack
3- He ordered her to stop in the latest episode

Yet she have 3(?) seals for saber.
Dec 28, 2014 12:29 AM

May 2014
Eniie said:
Anyone could explain as to how Caster have gotten Shirou's seal, when he supposedly has no command seals at the time that she transferred?

Simply because she didn't necessarily take Shirou's seals, she Nullified the contract between him and his servant.

She then recreated the contract between herself and Saber.

New Contract.

New Seals.

Mar 2014
Eniie said:

I believe she created a new pact with saber therefore creating new seals. But I am not sure.

Sep 2014
Her noble phantasm is called Rule Breaker. You get the idea. She creates fake command spells.
Dec 28, 2014 12:31 AM

Jun 2013
F/SN redeemed.

10/10. Best anime of 2014!

And now I wait for part 2...
Dec 28, 2014 12:31 AM

Mar 2014
To be honest her noble fantasm is really op, imagine how many servants she could claim with that thing haha.
Dec 28, 2014 12:32 AM

May 2012
Eniie said:

She renewed a contract in a way
Rule breaker, Excess Mana Supply
Theoritically any master could renew a contract if they had enough power to do it. Caster being from the Era of gods is able to do it because of that.
She wasn't specifically named, but what Kotomine said should give you an Idea of who she is, basically she can break the rules of the grail war.
Dec 28, 2014 12:41 AM

Jan 2014
Kamipriest said:

zacrathedemon5 said:

My point was, the episode would have flowed better and, as a result, told a better story if those first 10 minutes were abridged. Please, don't take it as a personal attack. It's not.

I'm not, I'm just giving a counter argument. Like I stated those first ten minutes are an added bonus, the show is already twice the length of a normal show so there is no reason to complain about them.

I understand your criticisms towards them, but I don't see how they're not justified.

Ahh, so that's what you were mainly getting at, then. Don't focus too much on the word "justified" as I used it, I didn't place nearly as much weight or meaning on it as you seem to have interpreted.

As for the "added bonus" aspect, that's what OVAs or specials outside the main show are for. As it is in the show now, it's just padding. What a show does with its time is important. Every extra minute spent on drawing out the date is a minute which could have been spent elsewhere furthering the plot, developing characters, etc. That's why I say it's wasted time in the narrative.
Dec 28, 2014 12:45 AM

May 2014
Lolicon_Knight said:
To be honest her noble fantasm is really op, imagine how many servants she could claim with that thing haha.

It's pretty hard for her to use in combat, It being a short dagger and her being a caster an all. Still ridiculously strong though.

Should be called Harem Maker instead of Rule Breaker though XD
Dec 28, 2014 12:47 AM
Oct 2014
Lolicon_Knight said:

Caster's strength is as a long distance fighter, so her having a dagger meant for close range seems like a good way to balance her out. Almost like a joke to give her a close-range weapon when there are so many melee servants in the war.
Dec 28, 2014 12:50 AM

May 2012
zacrathedemon5 said:

Ahh, so that's what you were mainly getting at, then. Don't focus too much on the word "justified" as I used it, I didn't place nearly as much weight or meaning on it as you seem to have interpreted.

As for the "added bonus" aspect, that's what OVAs or specials outside the main show are for. As it is in the show now, it's just padding. What a show does with its time is important. Every extra minute spent on drawing out the date is a minute which could have been spent elsewhere furthering the plot, developing characters, etc. That's why I say it's wasted time in the narrative.

Yea I understand why you would say that, but to me it's a nice added bonus kinda thing. Especially since it builds Tohsaka and Shirou's relationship which will be necessary for the second cour.
It's like Fan service in shows people complain about them but to me I don't care, they don't add to the show nor do they take away from the show they're just there. For people who like it it's nice, for people who dislike it they could just ignore it that way both parties win.
Dec 28, 2014 1:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
and so begins the long wait~
Dec 28, 2014 1:08 AM
Oct 2013
Visual is great as expected from ufotable
overall not bad to watch if you have nothing else to do

6.5~7/10
i hope s2 will be better
Dec 28, 2014 1:08 AM

Mar 2013
Regarding the preview: why did they keep Saber in a wedding dress? I mean, I get that the source material was an "adult" visual novel, and putting her in a wedding dress was likely meant to appeal to fans and whatnot, but with ufotable taking over and making everything better and less "adult" (in that sense, anyway), did they just keep the dress because it's part of the story, or...? Gah, I don't know, it just feels out of place.

(Sorry for the run-on sentence.)
Dec 28, 2014 1:11 AM

May 2014
hawk222 said:
Regarding the preview: why did they keep Saber in a wedding dress? I mean, I get that the source material was an "adult" visual novel, and putting her in a wedding dress was likely meant to appeal to fans and whatnot, but with ufotable taking over and making everything better and less "adult" (in that sense, anyway), did they just keep the dress because it's part of the story, or...? Gah, I don't know, it just feels out of place.

Not really a giga spoiler but
Dec 28, 2014 1:12 AM
Nov 2013
45 minutes of PURE GLORY, holy shit!

Was not expecting Caster to pull that trick, this one is much more cunning than the one in Fate/Zero. Poor Saber, I hope she comes back to Saber soon. Also, THAT LiSA SONG. I am in tears!

9/10. April please come sooner!
Dec 28, 2014 1:14 AM
Oct 2014
hawk222 said:

They can tone it down a bit, and it looks like they will. It's not like it adds nothing to the story, in my opinion.
Dec 28, 2014 1:18 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was just .... WOW. 'This illusion' in the end was soo nostalgic . Easily the anime of this year for me. 10/10 Cant wait for april. :D
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Dec 28, 2014 1:24 AM

May 2014
Waiting for season 2 is going to be a pain DX
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2014 1:24 AM

May 2014
crimson915 said:
hawk222 said:

They can tone it down a bit, and it looks like they will. It's not like it adds nothing to the story, in my opinion.

Dec 28, 2014 1:27 AM

Mar 2014
crimson915 said:
Lolicon_Knight said:

Caster's strength is as a long distance fighter, so her having a dagger meant for close range seems like a good way to balance her out. Almost like a joke to give her a close-range weapon when there are so many melee servants in the war.

Which begs the question, is saber worthless as a servant I mean she gets her ass beat by everyone and of all people to out melee her is caster....
Dec 28, 2014 1:30 AM

Dec 2014
Lolicon_Knight said:
Which begs the question, is saber worthless as a servant I mean she gets her ass beat by everyone and of all people to out melee her is caster....

I thought that only happened cause Emiya used a command seal on her causing her to freeze and Gave caster an opening :|
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
Dec 28, 2014 1:30 AM

Mar 2014
Charge97 said:
Lolicon_Knight said:

I thought that only happened cause Emiya used a command seal on her causing her to freeze and Gave caster an opening :|

Ohhhhhhhh did he use a command seal, so thats what that was hahaha what a fucking idiot.
Dec 28, 2014 1:32 AM

May 2014
Lolicon_Knight said:
crimson915 said:

She kicks a fair amount of ass in the fate route, so she kinda gets drop kicked into a well of being shat on for most of UBW.

She still has her moments though.

Jun 2009
Lolicon_Knight said:
Charge97 said:

Ohhhhhhhh did he use a command seal, so thats what that was hahaha what a fucking idiot.

I hope you aren't talking about Shirou here? Was he supposed to just sit back and let Taiga die?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 2014
WrongPriest said:
crimson915 said:

Maybe, never actually looked too much into her myth.
Dec 28, 2014 1:33 AM

May 2014
Lolicon_Knight said:
Charge97 said:

Lol, get rekt Saiba. Shirou chose Taiga over you.
Dec 28, 2014 1:34 AM

Mar 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:
Lolicon_Knight said:

I hope you aren't talking about Shirou here? Was he supposed to just sit back and let Taiga die?

What was the point of using a command seal?
also saber is an idiot for disobeying him.
Archer should of been with rin the whole time and bam the whole thing would of been avoided but for some reason archer is never with rin haha but not that I mind its a good show.
Dec 28, 2014 1:34 AM

Mar 2011
Lolicon_Knight said:
Charge97 said:

If he didnt use a command spell Caster would have killed Taiga out of spite.
Dec 28, 2014 1:35 AM

Mar 2014
Raziel1991 said:
Lolicon_Knight said:

I guess I am the only one who would rather of seen her die than saber turned into a puppet hahaha
Dec 28, 2014 1:38 AM

Mar 2011
Lolicon_Knight said:
Raziel1991 said:

I guess I am the only one who would rather of seen her die than saber turned into a puppet hahaha

Im sure you are not the only one but keep in mind that for Shirou Taiga is family.

Charge97 said:
spoilers

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread even when tagged.
Dec 28, 2014 1:39 AM

Jul 2014
Archer always come out late, I think he's meaning to give Shirou some lessons over his ideals.

So much blush from Shirou and Tohsaka, hey they're cute, but innocent Saber is the cutest <3
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 28, 2014 1:40 AM

Sep 2008
I won't say it was the best thing ever for everyone, but it sure as hell was for me.

I am a blind fanboy who sees no flaws in this show. This was great, I enjoyed every second of it and I hope s2 will be just as good.

9/10
Dec 28, 2014 1:41 AM

Mar 2014
Everyones aloud different opinions which is chill but either way it was executed really well I mean I didnt hate anything about this episode other than the fact that it ended :( haha
Dec 28, 2014 1:45 AM

Dec 2014
Raziel1991 said:

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread even when tagged.

Oh... Sorry didnt know. My bad. And yeah bottom line is that this anime was really well done. So kudos to Ufotable for that :D
Dec 28, 2014 1:46 AM

Jul 2007
Lolicon_Knight said:
insan3Inquisitor said:

Archer should of been with rin the whole time and bam the whole thing would of been avoided but for some reason archer is never with rin haha but not that I mind its a good show.

TO stop saber's attack that endangered Fujimura?

Letting ARcher, who CONISTENTLY TRIED TO OFF SHIROU AND IS ACTING SUPER STRANGE, tag along? Now that would be stupid.
Dec 28, 2014 1:48 AM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
Lolicon_Knight said:

TO stop saber's attack that endangered Fujimura?

Letting ARcher, who CONISTENTLY TRIED TO OFF SHIROU AND IS ACTING SUPER STRANGE, tag along? Now that would be stupid.

however the fact that saber started attacking caster rin or shiro could of done something to set whats her face free couldnt they?
Dec 28, 2014 1:49 AM

Feb 2012
Goddammit, now I have to wait months to see the good parts adapted.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2014 1:55 AM

Jul 2007
Lolicon_Knight said:

however the fact that saber started attacking caster rin or shiro could of done something to set whats her face free couldnt they?

No.

As Caster explained in the temple you can't dispel those threads with modern day magic. You need servant level attacks for that.

Caster could dispell anything Rin or any magus in the world can do by coughing.
Dec 28, 2014 1:56 AM

Jul 2011
Taiga would have been killed in the process if Shirou didn't stop Saber. Taiga was still in the clutches of Caster. And Caster had an incredible amount of Mana to use, so fighting her head on would be a fatal mistake.
Dec 28, 2014 2:07 AM

Oct 2014
so no more shitty harem protagonist as mc in 2nd season? as he is out of the war now :D

1/10 needs more Illya
Dec 28, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2014
That was fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 28, 2014 2:25 AM

Aug 2014
This illusion wass amazing. I love you ufotable. This lives up to the hype.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 28, 2014 2:27 AM

Apr 2010
Why did Shiroe act like a dumb ass and stop Saber? Should have just let Tiger die. All she has ever done is force her way into his house and steal his food.

Oh well. At least the useless pussy is out of the MC role. Looking forward to Rin taking over next season.
Dec 28, 2014 2:29 AM

Jun 2013
Man, that ending made me realize why I love the Fate series so much. Shirou has enough determination to spare, just like any other shonen protagonist, but here he FAILS. He realizes himself that he can only do so much. And that sets him on a path of destruction...
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Dec 28, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2011
Shrimperor said:
so no more shitty harem protagonist as mc in 2nd season? as he is out of the war now :D

1/10 needs more Illya

Actually no, he's still going to be there.
Dec 28, 2014 2:35 AM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
Lolicon_Knight said:

No.

As Caster explained in the temple you can't dispel those threads with modern day magic. You need servant level attacks for that.

Caster could dispell anything Rin or any magus in the world can do by coughing.

Thanks for clearing that up haha was still a bit confused.
Pages (56) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.