Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Sep 4, 2014 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
But his action don't work in strategy games. In strategy games it's stupid to declare war against everyone and especially when your resources are limited.
Sep 25, 2014 6:30 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Sora wipes the floor with Kurimi and Kurimi cries after her loss xD

That speech was godly, them shirts were also priceless. "I love humanity" xD

Looks like we'll have to wait for Sora vs Tet.

Oct 22, 2014 12:23 PM

May 2014
Holy shit, that speech was epic. Wow.
Nov 14, 2014 9:58 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah cool.
Nov 24, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
Well the speech was amazingly done I'd say.
That was the one of the best part.. the chess match wasn't that nicely adapted.
Anyway the anime had quite some holes for questions about the mechanics and what not about that world.
Can't expect to go in depth like the light novel. Btw Steph is so funny lol.
Jan 13, 2015 5:58 AM

May 2013
A revolt it is! Red Queen can't be killed and the Black King is assassinated!
"Don't underestimate humanity!"

"Objection!" "Hold it!" Lol, Steph, so sexy in that outfit.
Awesome, Sora plays Civ.

"Accept that we are the weakest race, one that can become anything, because we were born with nothing."
Sora makes pretty awesome speeches. Lol, he just declared war. But it was a smart move, to be honest.
And the One True God Tet shares his motives.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 21, 2015 3:02 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome episode.
Mar 21, 2015 7:02 AM

Sep 2014
Lowering then increasing the people's morale ...GODLIKE SPEECH!
Sora and Shiro just too awesome together.
Dat maid Steph <3
Dayum he made Kurami cry ;-;
I don't believe Tet is voiced by Rie Kugimiya o.O
nerfxMar 24, 2015 7:42 AM
Apr 20, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
That soundtrack which played during Sora's speech... so epic, I need that OST O_O
And Tet is actually a pretty cool guy, I'm glad he's not an asshole like in most other anime ^^
Apr 28, 2015 8:44 PM

Jun 2014
"How to Become the King of the Entire Human Race in a World You Are New to in Only 3 Days" by Sora and Shiro
Jun 2, 2015 3:59 PM
Dec 2014
I love it so much so far. The Blank siblings are so fab and Tet is adorable. I have a really good feeling about this anime.
Jul 9, 2015 1:23 PM

Feb 2015
I still don't get how they are going to save humanity or whatever and then challenge the god kid in just 12 episodes...
Jul 13, 2015 9:46 AM
May 2015
It was really awkward to type my comment in the episode 1 discussion on my phone since it kept deleting stuff, so I've waited until I'm on a computer for episode 4.

I don't really like where the show went in terms of direction after the second episode. The whole random game let's make up the rules as we go is such a dumb way of story telling that it really bothers me. Way to remove any form of tension and any sort of viewer knowledge by pulling shit out of your ass every show.

The whole speech thing, why were humans ever on top? Doesn't really make much sense, as great as a "we are inferior" speech is it holds absolutely no basis in reality. Weak people stay weak pretty much constantly, aristocrats and nobles stay at the top bar a select few events and even these days with a much higher social mobility the top tend to remain high up.

As well, the race piece is pretty dumb, 1) the rule isn't even clear on designated representatives, that is, the previous King designated this representative but how does that mean he speaks for literally every human out there? Are there no humans who identify more with elves? Why is there even a race piece doesn't that ingrain racism? What if I stand for half of the elves and half of the humans do I not get a piece? If me and my five mates delegate me for the pub quiz do I get a fancy magic piece?

Also the whole designated conflict was really dumb since obviously there will have been historical couples since they call people King and Queen not just Emperor or Ruler or another non-gender title for the person who controls everything.

Now I want to go through the rules in further depth:

1. All murder, war, and robbery is forbidden in this world.

Right, well he declared war on everyone so that's a good functioning rule. First comment is that it seems the rules are enforced automatically so that you don't actually need a judge, court or anything like that. How else would you stop murder and robbery?

Second is that murder is explicitly defined as unlawful killing, that is I can run you over and it's not murder it'll be manslaughter or just an accident or whatever. However the way you define it in our reality tends to be either via a court of law or via apophasis. Robbery is obviously taking something that you do not own without permission, this leads to a lot of things not being possible in this world that are in ours. Particularly if someone is injured and you want to help them there's no kind of recourse for these situations unless you own it or have prior permission.

2 All conflict in this world will be resolved through games.'

There's less to say about this rule but, why couldn't my game just be murder, war or whatever? Isn't life a game with the highest stakes? Anyway, there are clearly non-sapient animals about, do they play games? A lion and another lion can clearly experience conflict so yeah.

3. In games, each player will bet something that they agree is of equal value.

This is a dumb rule. In that I don't understand the agreeing of equal value part. it doesn't make things be equal, it doesn't change what is bet. I can bet 1 gold coin against your 100 as long as we both agree it is of equal value so what's the point? If I don't want to play against you I'll just never say they are of equal value.

Since you obviously can lie about it this rule isn't enforced as we've seen already, bag of gold for 2 lives, Blank obviously value themselves a lot more than that but the expected value is really high because he wins.

Also it was really dumb to play one hand of poker a largely luck based game, especially since magic exists and they could have been cheated out right there.

Also, why the people playing for Kingship losing their clothes? Surely they are only betting their chance to be King? I think fanservice because the other girl doesn't lose her clothes when she loses.

As long as it doesn't violate pledge three, anything may be bet, and any game may be played.

This seems to suggest you can violate rule 1 though, otherwise why point it out? Surely all rules are inviolable or at least in precedence of order. As I said I would just play the game of life, make up random rules about having the most progeny in 1 million years time or something.

5. The challenged party has the right to decide the rules of the game.

As I said this is so easily abused it is unreal. "I decide that the first rule is I will win".

Also that really fucking stupid scene where he did the rock paper scissors and said "if I don't play paper I'll lose" then they tied because she lost the actual game, then he asked for a "little favour" which apparently is equivalent to falling in love is really dumb and makes no sense. Surely there has to be a meeting of the minds over what is said otherwise the entire society of all the world would devolve into stupid word plays and contracts.

Also, since he tied he didn't lose and therefore cheated by breaking the rules of the game meaning he lost, etc, etc. Either way that's not how ties work.

6. Any bets made in accordance with the pledges must be upheld.

Must be upheld instead of are upheld suggests there is some sort of choice but I don't really know how someone would be punished for not upholding it so again I assume it's enforced. This is fine, super easily abused. Why isn't everyone in the world a slave? You can start a Von Neumann device by chaining demands that people obey you, or people who are already obeying you, and then order them to go play with as many people as they can. Play something stupidly gameable and you exponentially grow.

7. Conflicts between groups will be conducted by designated representatives with absolute authority.

This is a weird rule, what defines groups, why isn't them taking land not just a conflict with the people in the land but with the whole race, etc, etc, who decides who gets to represent, how is it decided, etc, etc. Again, easily abused by getting a representative elected who is already obeying you, once they have absolute authority you make them lose, repeat ad naseausm.

8. Being caught cheating during a game is grounds for an instant loss.

Fine rule, caught cheating is vague, do I have to prove their cheating? How does it work? Who is the arbiter of this?

9. In the name of god, the previous rules may never be changed.

This is a weird rule, you are the ruler maker, you don't need to say this.

10. Let's all have fun and play together!

This is clearly not a rule since I watched this show and people weren't constantly playing and having fun.
Jul 16, 2015 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
The end of the chess game was really good and that Sora is a really nice main character (though I think Shiro is pretty cute).
Jul 25, 2015 3:00 PM

May 2015
Haha, this is fucking great. It has everything I want to see.
Jul 30, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2014
Cool episode. Everything got handled nicely. Some new characters were foreshadowed I think.
8 episodes remaining 😭😭, why only 8 :'(
Looking forward to episode 5!

RMcD said:

As well, the race piece is pretty dumb, 1) the rule isn't even clear on designated representatives, that is, the previous King designated this representative but how does that mean he speaks for literally every human out there? Are there no humans who identify more with elves? Why is there even a race piece doesn't that ingrain racism? What if I stand for half of the elves and half of the humans do I not get a piece? If me and my five mates delegate me for the pub quiz do I get a fancy magic piece?

Lol
KamSungJul 30, 2015 4:17 PM
Aug 12, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2015
I was not ready for the this super intense game of chess after the intense game of rock-paper-scissors last episode
Aug 12, 2015 11:45 AM

Feb 2011
I really didn't like the episode. For one thing, I was always hoping this show would be more "clever" in how the games and such were overcome. With the chess game, it seemed more like an "emotional" kind of clever than a "smart" one. That's fine if you're looking for it, but to me, if games' rules could be broken like this on both sides, there isn't as much tenseness and I know that other games' rules can be broken similarly. Its also just uninteresting because its seems to be an asspull.

I didn't think the speech was honestly that good. The whole "we are humans and weak, therefore we will defeat the enemy" didn't inspire me, nor did I find it funny. Then again, I never laughed once in this episode. The speech could have been an epic one of a comeback for humanity, but the weird phrasing and self-belittlement destroyed it for me.

Then Tet. For a god, I felt no sense of awe nor any sort of depth that I'd want from that sort of character. He seemed very bland and a stereotypical childish character.

I think I'm gonna drop this. This has never made me laugh afaik and its boring and disappointing to me.
Aug 18, 2015 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
I think I've definitely fallen for Sora :3
Is it just me, or did he really seemed hot when he said, "Don't underestimate humanity?" :3
I loved his speech <3
And hell yeah, let's conquer the world, shall we Blank? ^_^
Aug 22, 2015 6:14 AM
Sep 2014
I'm sure they will lose in the end of this season. It's predictable. But also I'm sure, because this is pure crap, when they will lose, something will happen and they will win something or everybody will be happy.
I don't know why I'm watching this.
I'm wondering what their parents do or think. "Hey, my kids are gone, I can't find them. But it's ok, both are gone and Blank never lose, so they will be alright."
Sep 19, 2015 1:26 AM
Dec 2009
I love the pacing of this show. Fast, but everything is still explained well enough that you don't get lost. Rarely a dull moment!

Shiro and Sora are interesting main characters, but not quite lovable. I'm getting serious Death Note and Code Geass vibes from them. I would like to see them get taught a lesson at some point, or maybe get thrown back into the real world. They seem like a "chuunibyou" dream.
Nov 8, 2015 11:17 AM

Aug 2014
Great just great episode, maybe third episode was better but this one is also 5/5 maybe because what happened in second part of it.

I feel great urge to play some mmorpg now! And I have no idea what should I choose?
What I mean is that there is no game where emotions take first place in choosing between winning and losing?! Heck is there even place for emotions in games? Maybe the Sims if it would be online (read pvp)! :D
Or I could play some strategy game such as Crusader Kings 2 or Civilization (Sora mentioned it). But it is nowhere close to this anime :(

I wonder what happens next..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 6, 2016 2:44 PM

Jul 2014
Sigh, incest shit.

Oh, so he promises us an amazing story. Sure kid, I totally believe you.

1/5
Feb 1, 2016 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Still with the Phoenix Wright references ahahah XD
The chess game had a nice ending.
Sora and Shiro are adorable, again *.*
Sora's speech was awesome too and now they are aiming at god uh? That's awesome XD
Wonder what's gonna happen now though... Hope they can find some serious opponents, otherwise becoming gods would be too easy and the show too boring XD. Bring More Games Already!! *.*
Mar 31, 2016 7:54 AM

Mar 2016
The speech and the "I love Humanity" t-shirt made this episode amazing
May 4, 2016 4:26 AM

Mar 2016
looking forward to watching the next episodes :3
Jun 20, 2016 4:11 PM

Sep 2015
It's like that moment in Dynasty Warriors, Third force incoming XD the assassination was a nice play to end it as well. Liking this so much that I invested in the light novels.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 8, 2016 6:35 PM
Jul 2016
This actually scared me a little. I thought they were actually slacking off XD
Sep 3, 2016 11:47 PM

May 2013
BeyondShoemaker said:
I just realized that blank is such a stupid name.

I think it's cool tbh. It's like Zero, which is also a cool name
Sep 12, 2016 4:41 PM

Aug 2016
so tet is the one telling the story? talking about the last few seconds of this ep...
Nov 27, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
This episode is where this series completely fell apart for me. By the time Sora started his speech, I stopped having fun and it never came back. Well, at least it didn't take more than four episodes for me to realize that this is not my cup of tea. Well, at least the art was something to look at.
Nov 29, 2016 1:05 AM

Apr 2016
I hope Steph becomes more useful somehow, it seems her only purpose right now is to keep being shocked by Sora and Shiro's intelligence.

And she keeps thinking the same thing over and over, "could they be the ones to save Elkia?"
I think it's pretty obvious what Sora and Shiro are capable of, and at this point I can't believe she still panics over Sora's decisions and thinks he's wrong. She should learn soon that Sora knows what he's doing hahaha
KiraikotsuJan 13, 2017 10:43 PM
Dec 23, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2010
Ah they did it again, this game is too hard

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 1, 2017 11:20 AM

Dec 2016
I`m loving this show...
don't know why i didn't watched it before! best siblings ever XD
Jan 1, 2017 5:27 PM

May 2015
Lol, I don't know why, but i really like this show.

:DD

It's like: fuck this, let's become gods. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 10, 2017 11:33 PM

Jan 2016
Hmmf. The over-idealization of the main characters in the game, as well as their inability to be wrong despite only showing a narrow assessment of possibilities is quite annoying. The character development still hasn't struck me as amazing quite yet...and the plot is also very shallow and uninteresting...but as for graphics and general story progression, it's above average. Also, Sora's speeches were very well constructed from any perspective. So I'll give it that. But if I were to rate it right now, a 6/10 would be generous. Also, I found Stephanie's domineering position here pretty attractive. So there's that.
Mar 11, 2017 9:08 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode:P Sora and Shiro are just amazing when they work together. From being a poor hobo into a powerful King and Queen, like wow. I really like this anime, I think I'll put it into my favourites aha :)
Apr 14, 2017 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
So the chess battle ends in an assassination huh :P Not to mention using his Civ knowledge to settle all sorts of domestic issues ... I guess coming from the human world gave them plenty of useful information to rule a kingdom XD Anyway seems like we've still got some unknown characters who haven't shown up yet, but they seem to have rallied the people under them. So first they have to conquer the world, and then it's time to challenge Tet for his title of God?! Oh boy ... not gonna lie that sounds a little farfetched to me, but I hope they don't rush the show too much since for that. I wouldn't mind having a pretty detailed look at world domination and forgetting about the "end goal" until later XD
Apr 22, 2017 5:52 PM

May 2010
Sora's charismatic personality makes it hard to believe that he was just a NEET and hikikomori in the real world...
And it's a bit weird that Tet just randomly lost at online chess game, when he is god of a game world and all lolz.

Still, idea to challenge the entire world to fight over the total domination sounds great, can't wait to meet cute girls people of other nations!
Aug 5, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2017
At least in this world, Sora and Shiro experienced what royalty feels like. And how people look up and praise you. Unlike to the real world they live in where they shut themselves and live only through video games.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 9, 2017 10:41 AM

Jun 2016
I guess now they're the Kings and Queens of this world. Haha. Congratulations, Sora and Shiro! Lmfao.

Idk why, but I seriously can't stand Sora's attitude. Waaah. Jesus. I guess it'll take me to like him and his sister. Jesus. Help! Hahaha. He's such an asshole most of the time who thinks so highly of himself which one of the things that really grind my gears.

Anyway, Clammy, stop crying. Haha. Wasn't expecting that. She's so cute.

I guess they're gonna beat Tet the God soon. I can see it coming. Idk. Lol.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 25, 2017 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
That was a quick climb to the top of their race, but just the start of the revolution against the others, hype!

Sora and Shiro are terrifying equal in level, Steph went crazy in that scene xDDD
Oct 18, 2017 6:12 PM
Mar 2017
Nice episode, good speech. Excited for the match with Tet.
Jan 15, 2018 3:49 AM

Dec 2016
another amazing speech of sora and the rule exploit to the ministers ... very good
Feb 27, 2018 12:31 PM

Mar 2016
The game has ended, making Sora and Shiro the ruler of Imanity. Next objective? Rule the world and then become a god!!! I hope the story concludes everything smoothly until the end because this anime only got 12 episodes...

That coronation though... A grade speech about accepting being the weakest and motivating everyone that they could be the number 1 once again! Pure exhilaration!
Mar 8, 2018 3:23 PM

Feb 2018
Wow cheesy, boring, and ridiculous, really don't see what is the fuss with this anime.
Mar 20, 2018 9:24 AM
Mar 2018
i love the relationship that exist between the brothers!!! they can't live without each other <3
Oct 4, 2018 6:30 PM
Apr 2018
Meh, didn't like this ep as much as the previous ones: the ending to the chess match was a bit disappointing because I, honestly, didn't feel it involved strategy at all but the rest was good. Now I want to know more about Tet.
Oct 28, 2018 9:11 AM

Apr 2009
Nice speech! Ballsy of them to declare war to the rest of the world, it just might pay off in the end. >_<

Beat God in a game huh? Sure it's easy, like that dimension-and-universe-spanning final battle with Anti-spirals in Gurren Lagann where they throw entire superclusters of galaxies around as weapons!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 6, 2018 1:19 PM

Nov 2009
Why do people love this so much. It's extremely farfetched. After this episode I have no doubts left about how much I hate Sora. His babbling and always being perfect is totally unrelateable. Even in a fantasy world, would someone who was thrown in the deep end really become King after a matter of days based on a chess game that made no sense? I usually let things slide in anime but my BS radar is going crazy here. Hopefully there will be some twists and I can find a character that I actually like.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One decade later and still no Season 2

JustSomeone15 - May 16

44 by namazuFish »»
May 21, 1:46 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.