Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 23, 2014 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
feels like i've watched this 100 times already, no originality what so ever. It's not a bad anime, it's ok at what it does but it's nothing new.
Jan 23, 2014 8:13 PM
Dec 2013
Why dose Mui(Boring) like this cardboard dude? They just met. she has no reason to like him. Amazing love triangle = BS. Dropped...
Jan 23, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
...this episode was terrible. i literally had to pause multiple times to do other things before coming back and finishing the episode. the characters are so oblivious and the dialogue just felt dead. i cant believe they decided to play the misunderstanding card numerous of times in one episode and that roommate/brother/whatever is beyond reasoning. sad to say i had high hopes for this anime. i thought the character designs/plot would make it a decent show. and i enjoy the fan service here and there but ugh the characters... jesus.. i dont know, i think im done.
Jan 23, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. I feel that things are a bit too fast paced though. Mui is adorable.

I'll keep watching next week.
Jan 23, 2014 8:30 PM

Oct 2013
DGemu said:
3rd episode shoujo drama-esque love triangle UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.
And Mui's actions are just.....ugh..

I hope Takeshi vs Gekkou aka Miyano Mamoru vs Okamoto Nobuhiko happens soon, even if it'll b a result of this dumb romance drama.

7thVoid said:
Honestly the family quarrelling was horribly done here. I hope there's some other reason why the brother hates Takeshi, otherwise this is going to make it hard to watch. If not at the very least their interactions on the show. Other than this I liked the episode and where everything else was going.

Um, he pushed him into a car accident.
Even if it was some outside force, I sure as hell wouldn't believe it after something like that.

He got mad at his brother for dating someone. He goes storming off while Takeshi chases after him then boom hit by a car. This is the whole reason they're at odds with one another? I'm sorry if I missed something but that's what I saw. Again this was terribly done.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 23, 2014 8:42 PM

Nov 2013
7thVoid said:
DGemu said:

I hope Takeshi vs Gekkou aka Miyano Mamoru vs Okamoto Nobuhiko happens soon, even if it'll b a result of this dumb romance drama.

7thVoid said:
Honestly the family quarrelling was horribly done here. I hope there's some other reason why the brother hates Takeshi, otherwise this is going to make it hard to watch. If not at the very least their interactions on the show. Other than this I liked the episode and where everything else was going.

Even if it was some outside force, I sure as hell wouldn't believe it after something like that.

He got mad at his brother for dating someone. He goes storming off while Takeshi chases after him then boom hit by a car. This is the whole reason they're at odds with one another? I'm sorry if I missed something but that's what I saw. Again this was terribly done.

Agreed on done terribly, but pushed into a car accident after getting salty over a girl.
Jan 23, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2013
DGemu said:
7thVoid said:
DGemu said:

7thVoid said:

Agreed on done terribly, but pushed into a car accident after getting salty over a girl.

It seems like karma came back to bite him in the ass for being one for no apparent reason.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 23, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2013
7thVoid said:
DGemu said:
7thVoid said:
DGemu said:

7thVoid said:

It seems like karma came back to bite him in the ass for being one for no apparent reason.

Lol, thats actually a funny way to look @ it xD
Jan 23, 2014 8:46 PM

Sep 2013
"I'll massage them for you so they get bigger" :3

Allot of past this episode it really helped to clear things up.
Jan 23, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
Miyano stronk.

Everything is just as generic as it can get, but whatever.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 23, 2014 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
Okay so Takeshi's brother is mad at him because he's dating Kurumi. That was two years ago. Now he's even faking to his mom about making up with his brother so he can (possibly) join him wherever he is. Cut to scene where he's all "I'm evil, I'll get my revenge." That's just stupid >___<

Something annoys me about Mui. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's just that every time she's onscreen I just can't help but cringe.

To anyone who has read the LN, please spoil me.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 23, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2013
This epsiode is okay i guess.. trying to give some background to the story (though I would say it's not very convincing and interesting...)

But okay I want some action already!!!
Cute is justice.
Jan 23, 2014 9:46 PM

Jun 2013
am i the only one who is creeped out by how their mom looks and gekkou must be like that bastard fking pushed me into the car and now i cant kendo...
Jan 23, 2014 10:06 PM

Dec 2011
What I read so far, for most people: inconsistent trainwreck > consistent cliche

Ofc I expected more, but I'm liking so fa

I'll be mad if Isoshima don't win
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2012
This series is so incredibly bad it's hilarious and I'm gonna continue to follow it. Art-wise, it's a huge improvement from the inconsistencies last week, but character interaction-wise this series is absolutely shallow. There's not even much of a debate about it. From first episode of being cold, Mui went from dere to full on in love in two episodes with minimal setup. The false romance drama. Please. I lol.
Jan 23, 2014 10:47 PM
Nov 2013
Dat fortunetelling witch in the anime and the one doing preview was the same character ??!!
Dat Touyama Nao in doing the preview though <3
Jan 23, 2014 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
I think this anime will get better real quick. *crossed fingers*
Jan 23, 2014 10:57 PM

Sep 2011
Wow! This show got worse by ep. This ep focus on MC past with his brother & some ol'bullshit soap opera drama misunderstanding. I'm getting anoy with every characters even the preview chick''. If i don't see any action in the next 2 ep im done.
Jan 23, 2014 11:05 PM

Oct 2013
I must say it's not what I thought It'd be. At least it's nice visually. Somewhat.

Jan 23, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
Very generic and cliche love-triangle and really?? his brother hates him so much just because of that??? that's ridiculous
Jan 23, 2014 11:13 PM
Jul 2013
aaaaand dropped.

What stupid reasons for the quarrel with Gekkou or whatever his name was.
Apparently Takeshi is one asexual entity or something pretty unrealistic for him not to develop feelings for Kurumi. And why does Mui even like him? She just met him...oh wait they "kissed" so they pretty much have to get married now right? Went a bit overboard with the fanservice in that EP aswell....

(hmm I didn't want to hate on this so much but I guess thats because I kinda hoped it was going to be good :X)

I liked that series in the beginning but that episode pretty much was the nail in the coffin for me.
Jan 23, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
Some love conflicts! Interestin
Jan 23, 2014 11:51 PM

Aug 2013
Lolwut. The brother quarrel was goddamn stupid. Rest of the episode was fine, so far rooting Kurumi to end up with MC
Jan 24, 2014 12:03 AM

Sep 2011
The mom seems like a real asshole when it comes to takeshi, do she even care at all about him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 12:46 AM

Aug 2012
Aaannnnnd.... dropped
almost.

So that's the reason for Gekkou's hatred? What a shallow reason. This show is really frustrating me. I hope this gets better in the next episodes.
Jan 24, 2014 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
GToast said:
aaaaand dropped.

What stupid reasons for the quarrel with Gekkou or whatever his name was.
Apparently Takeshi is one asexual entity or something pretty unrealistic for him not to develop feelings for Kurumi. And why does Mui even like him? She just met him...oh wait they "kissed" so they pretty much have to get married now right? Went a bit overboard with the fanservice in that EP aswell....

(hmm I didn't want to hate on this so much but I guess thats because I kinda hoped it was going to be good :X)

I liked that series in the beginning but that episode pretty much was the nail in the coffin for me.

This! Forced drama everywhere...

Tbh I don't know what to think while watching this episode. What I do know is I hate MCs like Takeshi who has very little personality and emotion. Mui might be the main heroine but she's just so boring and obviously much less attractive compared to Isoshima.
Jan 24, 2014 1:30 AM

Mar 2013
what the hell that Isoshima's outfit >.<
turns out there was also drama in this anime =.=
Jan 24, 2014 2:10 AM

Oct 2013
mora404 said:
So far Kurumi annoys me... She is being very selfish towards Takeshi. I get that she loves him... Blah blah blah but she needs to respect his feelings.

I look forward to more of the Mui vs. traitor brother storyline.

both doesn't really have strong appeal, but i'm not a kurumi girl. Didn't like using the pretending relationship in a way to get the guy you like to become your future real boyfriend.
Jan 24, 2014 5:07 AM

Aug 2012
Got a lot of information regarding characters past. And that his brother hates him. Looking forward to next ep
Jan 24, 2014 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
Bout time they revealed the character's backstories although they were a bit short and a little fast. Almost made me want to care but not that much. Now that that's out of the way more world building please. The communities thing was interesting
Jan 24, 2014 5:27 AM

Jul 2010
Ok, no improvements here.

Dropped.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jan 24, 2014 6:07 AM

Sep 2011
Well. I began to like Kurumi for unknown reasons but, I don't think I'm going to expect anything from this series anymore.

Jan 24, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
LiquidGold said:
I'm disappointed about the past between the brothers I was kind of hoping for a darker reason they hate each other. At the end of it I just had this feeling of "that's it?". I don't like how it was handled. What your dating the girl I like????? run away angry BOOM hit by car.

umm wouldn't you be angry if u basically got pushed into a car even by accident? like that kinda hurts?
What im disappointed about for this anime is the face that it is 3 episodes in and im still like who the hell is the blond kid with the destruction magic. Hasn't done anything and his name was like said in episode 1? like once.
Jan 24, 2014 6:32 AM

Aug 2013
Okay, this was an episode with multiple faults, but several positives as well:

Pros:

LOL the witch girl who does the previews.
Mui's adorable as usual.
Kurumi looks cute in the picture she gave to Takeshi.
More information on the magic communities.
Character development, albeit not amazing but it explains the backstories of Takeshi and Kurumi.
Lolita complex, lol.
Boob conversation was best conversation of this episode. That was some nice fanservice there. Never noticed Mui's breasts were that large... Mui's fantasy of Takeshi offering to massage her breasts to make them bigger was hilarious / cute.

Cons:

Okay what the hell was that backstory of Kurumi's. She should just take self-defense lessons instead of asking for a fake relationship with Takeshi to protect her from boys. Plus, trying to get him to fall in love with her and be her real boyfriend by making him act as her fake boyfriend is a horrible way to go about that.

Gekkou has an absolutely idiotic reason to hate Takeshi. "Girl I like likes my brother and I got hit by a car because of my own carelessness due to anger from finding this out, now I will kill him and become one of the antagonists of this series" Seriously?

The blonde guy who causes explosions has no part in this story whatsoever, so far at least.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now this series is basically something to watch for enjoyment, but I hope they get into the actual plot starting with the next episode and the return of Mui's brother. Him vs Takeshi will be fun to watch based on how the action scenes have been handled so far, and we'll finally get to see some real magic battles. Also, the OP/ED (especially the ED) are so addicting!

On one final note... Takeshi x Mui! <3
Gary29Jan 24, 2014 3:04 PM
Jan 24, 2014 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
this show isnt giving me much to enjoy, hopefully they'l put in some flashy magic soon
"he that chooses his own path needs no map" - queen kristina of Sweden
Jan 24, 2014 7:14 AM

Mar 2013
3joule said:
Was kurumi raped or just harassed ??

NewhopesJan 24, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 24, 2014 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
Nice to know their past. Hopefully takashi ends up with kurumi. I hate it when characters start liking each other because of an accidental kiss.
Jan 24, 2014 8:09 AM

Jan 2010
I just keep wondering when did this anime turn into another love drama?
Wanted to see some magic and action, but apparently it's not gonna happen here. Animation is quite poor as well, so 1-2 more episodes and i will be giving up on it, i guess.
Jan 24, 2014 8:19 AM
Feb 2010
There's a bit of a problem with the flow, Some scenes do not connect properly and feel a bit too choppy.

What's with the huge amounts of romance and triangular relationships so early in the series? Feels a bit too abrupt. In fact, it almost feels too cliched.

It would be much better if they had kept the tension up instead of all the weird crap.

Btw, does anyone feel like this series has a bit of similarity to Harry Potter?
Jan 24, 2014 8:20 AM

Mar 2013
This episode made me feel like punching the screen.
Jan 24, 2014 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
That was a boring episode :(
Jan 24, 2014 9:32 AM

Mar 2009
So the hatred between the MC and his family is based on some coincidences, loli suddenly grew a pair of tits and transformation magic apparantly changes the user into a fanservice outfit but does nothing else.

Even Isoshima fanservice can't make up for how bad this is.^^
Jan 24, 2014 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
LiquidGold said:
I'm disappointed about the past between the brothers I was kind of hoping for a darker reason they hate each other. At the end of it I just had this feeling of "that's it?". I don't like how it was handled. What your dating the girl I like????? run away angry BOOM hit by car.

Anyway, this is an OK episode. Next ep, finally more actions!
Jan 24, 2014 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
This episode explained quite a bit on Takashi and his past with his brother and with Isoshima as well.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 24, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2011
*Deep sigh* Really?! Gekkou hates Takeshi, because Takeshi cockblocked him?I guess it's legit reason turn into bad guy in a future.(oh c'mon you saw those "i will kill you"-eyes)
Jan 24, 2014 12:58 PM

Jun 2013
Kerozinn said:
sooo many coincidences in the first 15 mins.
a little bit of development for some of the characters and u can already guess where this may go.

its not boring no... its just so damn painfully bland and unoriginal!

exactly what i feel. i had some expectations but i don't know already 3 eps and we are still in the "learning" part of the story i think it's going to be somewhat rushed, will keep watching though
Jan 24, 2014 1:09 PM
May 2012
after 3episodes all i got was some exposition on magic communities and melodrama, and no magical warfare or whatsoever...
Jan 24, 2014 1:16 PM

Oct 2013
I never drop a series once I start watching. If I can watch Diabolic lovers I can certainly live through this. Hopefully since everything was forced so early maybe it'll smooth out through the rest of the series.

Jan 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
People want the thing to get intense with fight and shit all this early when there a tense feeling towards the characters,if suddenly start a battle and comes flashbacks in middle of battle everyone complain if them try to explain the past of the characters first for when shits get real the battle will do not have the flashbacks only the talk them complain too,what you people want o.o
Jan 24, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2013
lokoxDZz said:
People want the thing to get intense with fight and shit all this early when there a tense feeling towards the characters,if suddenly start a battle and comes flashbacks in middle of battle everyone complain if them try to explain the past of the characters first for when shits get real the battle will do not have the flashbacks only the talk them complain too,what you people want o.o

It's alright to get their development out of the way first, But... You also need to present in in a decent fashion, which they hardly did.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.