Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 26, 2019 12:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pedram said:
Tokoya said:
Great minds think alike xD (Also, there's no way in the hell that the author didn't rip that from Bleach lol)

Alicization was written in 2005, not sure when these Bakai stuff from Bleach was released or became popular tho.
if it was later, maybe they both rip it off from another less popular story and we dont know it :P
Bleach started in 2001 but the arc when Byakuya showed off Senbonzakura happened in 2005 or the year before, I'm not too certain since it was the specific volume containing that chapter that was released in 2005, and usually we get volumes a while after they come out in WSJ

But who knows, maybe you're right and they both ripped off something else lol
Jan 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, that enchance armament by Kirito to defeat her.

That's our Kirito for you, doing everything he can to save a life.

Man those potions Cardinal makes are incredible they are completely back to 100%

It's Alice! this place they are at definitely looks like their past with the field and tree ect, either way it's a nice scenery.

Wow her sword is so powerful, Kirito is just doing enough to stay with her, Alice even praised him.

I knew it wouldn't be that simple to contain her long enough but what happened at the end was quite the turn of events, now to wait until next time to see how they get out of this predicament.
Jan 26, 2019 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
only few integrity knights remain and Alice is one of them

i must say Alice seems overpowered with that Senbonzakura sword lol (Byakuya of Bleach much?)
Jan 26, 2019 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Waiting for Alice to yell: EX....CALIBAAAAAAAA
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 26, 2019 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Eugeo is so weak-spirited. His reactions deem him a weak man.
He threw away the dagger which is more important than his own life. (facepalm)
With Kirito out of the Central Tower, it just means Eugeo is now screwed.
There is at least Integrity Knight One and the Administrator left and he is all alone.
What a blunder!! I am sure Asuna if there would had fought much better than Eugeo does.
Jan 26, 2019 2:02 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Excalibur is that you? No, but really the sword is more like a flower whip. So cool, although I cried a little bit because I thought the osamanthus tree was really her closed off memories of Eugeo's tree. ;-;
Jan 26, 2019 2:13 PM
Nov 2014
mmm alice looks marvelous in this episode, too bad the battle didn't last that long and ended on a cliffhanger.
Jan 26, 2019 2:40 PM
Dec 2018
Lol small thing that need improvement in BD, when Fanatio fall after hit the rooftop is so lame. No effect and sound i hope they improve it later. Because it will added immersive effect the boss has fallen down
Jan 26, 2019 2:52 PM
Mar 2017
This anime loves to leave us with dramatic cliffhanger.
Kirito wins the duel against Fanatio with his enhance armament, I liked the manifestation of the sword, the color makes it look sinister it looks great when it hits Fanatio's beam of light.
The good Kirito sympathizes with Fanatio after seeing she is on the verge of death and uses the dagger that Cardinal gave them and she decides to heal Fanatio.
Eugeo looks very weak of will, lately he doubts much of his actions.
The girl in the elevator gave me a bit of pity, I don´t know, seeing that her job has been that for 107 years is something that makes you question whether if she has a dream of her own or wants to be free.
The 80th floor is the floor of the garden in the clouds and in that place we meet again with the beautiful Alice, I must say that I loved her sword and her enhance armament, that Bleach vibe I loved it. Kirito has a hard time keeping up the fight with Alice, her high power makes her a tough opponent to attack, but eventually Kirito manages to hold her back and Eugeo uses his ice sword to freeze Alice, but her sword of the fragrant olive frees her.
In the end Kirito and Alice collide with their enhance armament and with the clash of powers they break the wall and Alice and Kirito are ejected into the void and poor Eugeo is trapped and alone in the tower.
The fight with Alice was short, but the animation and the music gave it a very "epic" touch, besides those actions in slow motion helped a bit.
The name of the next episode is "Armistice", personally I think that Alice and Kirito will find themselves in a situation in which they should cooperate for the common good of both.
Jan 26, 2019 3:11 PM

Mar 2016
That... wasn't good. No no no no no. After the storm that was the last episode here was I thinking I was gonna see a great conclusion and for the first time have two good SAO episodes back to back. Nope.
Episode starts with the conclusion of the fight making the previous cliffhanger useless; They add nothing to Fanatio which was the highlight of the previous episode; They save her by wasting a dagger for nothing; They forget about what they said to the sisters about the Knights being strong; They go and find an elevator (how lucky); They fight Alice in a bland directed scene with fucked up animation (animation that existed through out the entire episode); and end in another cliffhanger (a very poor one).
Personally, i think this was the worst episode of season 3 unlike the previous one that was the best.
azertz99Jan 26, 2019 3:16 PM
Jan 26, 2019 3:47 PM

Jan 2017
Honestly.. all I want is dual sword kirito.
In any case, it was a good episode... but why did they decide to do a reset with them falling out of the tower; and its not helping that the next episode is "Truce", what? They're going to put aside their differences... why would they?
Jan 26, 2019 4:05 PM
Oct 2012
tambi33 said:
In any case, it was a good episode... but why did they decide to do a reset with them falling out of the tower; and its not helping that the next episode is "Truce", what? They're going to put aside their differences... why would they?

maybe coz they are hanging like us on a Cliffhanger lol

I mean if they both are hanging from the wall it make sense if they stop fighting until they can get down or back up before continuing lol if they were to fight in midair then they pretty much both die. i wonder if the dragon can come to them.
Jan 26, 2019 4:35 PM

Sep 2017
a bit disappointing episode especially the fight scene and the animation. tbh i didnt get the hype in this episode, it was executed badly

still hoping there will be a lot of better fights and high tier animation just like first episode
Jan 26, 2019 4:43 PM

Dec 2013
I feel bad for the elevator girl...

I definitely didn’t see that cliffhanger coming at all.
Jan 26, 2019 4:44 PM

Nov 2011
I wonder what Fanatio said before being blasted into the ceiling. I HATE THAT IN ANIME!

Im surprised how much I am enjoying this arc. Probably because there's no Asuna and a lot better action.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 26, 2019 5:08 PM

Feb 2018
Main heroine has come :)
Jan 26, 2019 5:16 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Tokoya said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Hah, glad to see we thought the exact same thing. XD
Great minds think alike xD (Also, there's no way in the hell that the author didn't rip that from Bleach lol)

Are you sure? He written the WN very long ago, probably the thing had not appeared on Bleach yet.
Jan 26, 2019 5:22 PM

Apr 2015
Pedram said:
tambi33 said:

I mean if they both are hanging from the wall it make sense if they stop fighting until they can get down or back up before continuing lol if they were to fight in midair then they pretty much both die. i wonder if the dragon can come to them.

The dragons are on the lower part of the tower, so they can only climb.
The other reason is
Jan 26, 2019 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
I'm afraid that in the next episode we'll go back to Asuna xD
Jan 26, 2019 6:05 PM

Aug 2016
giorgos1313 said:
I'm afraid that in the next episode we'll go back to Asuna xD

Well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2019 6:07 PM

Feb 2017
Pknoctis said:
God, can't wait till it's over.

You don't have to wait 'till it's over, just stop watching it right know... e-e
nobody will miss u nor your comments XDDD
Jan 26, 2019 7:13 PM
Oct 2017
Chevalsky said:
do guys think the fight scene is so slow just like in slow motion? xD
it's not so fun to watch the fight

Manabu Ono idea I guess since he is doing the same thing while directing Mahouka Koukou no Rettosei and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.... I forgot if Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon got this slow mode effect or not
Jan 26, 2019 7:25 PM
Oct 2017
Playcool said:
Tokoya said:

Are you sure? He written the WN very long ago, probably the thing had not appeared on Bleach yet.

Bleach published around August 2001 so yeah... 1 year older than SAO WN (2002)
Jan 26, 2019 7:30 PM

Jul 2016
Alice is OP, great episode. I love Alice ability of the sword its like thousand blades, its cool. Dat cliffhanger, next is Eugeo being alone.

Jan 26, 2019 7:44 PM

May 2015
Eugeo's Perfect Weapon Control Art is freezing the entire room? Well he did say it was more of a support ability, but honestly using that is pretty much instant win if the opponent does not have a resistance to it.

Kirito just said that they were fugitives, and Eugeo just said they were going to kill the administrator...I mean she's just an elevator attendant, but shouldn't they be a little more discreet?

And the side wall breaks, leaving Eugeo all alone in the cathedral. He's probably going to be captured and sent back to prison or something...

Truce! Does that mean we're going to get some Kirito x Alice time? And if we get some Kirito x Alice time, that means that there's a chance that they get to cuck Eugeo! Yay!
Jan 26, 2019 8:05 PM

Feb 2008
Can they system call summon aerial element themselves?

Caught up in the show like right now, and I feel like the secondary characters disappear just like that... no enjoyment from my part due to that. I feel like there's so much talent wasted that only lasts one episode or two.

Great fights, animation is good... but it's going too fast. At least let me enjoy these side characters, dammit. Waiting for the next ep
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 26, 2019 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, Kirito's ability is OP xD
But Alice's sword, damn! I don't think that none of them would be able to defeat her 1vs1, at least not in the current state. I wonder if the other Knight that he saved will help them in the future, she probably will because that girl will clean her mind, i hope xD

A wall that restores automatically? damn xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 26, 2019 11:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Playcool said:
Tokoya said:

Bleach is pretty old too my guy xD
Jan 26, 2019 11:29 PM

Apr 2016
Overly Virtuous Kirito rares it's head again. SMH. Using the dagger, and even shouting for help. Wtf.

Alice looking fine af tho, with the golden armor and the senbonzakura. lololololol.

So if they could easy beat number 2 but still "lost" to alice who is synthesis 30 iirc, does that mean their numbers aren't ranked by power, just the recency they became part of the integrity knights?
Jan 27, 2019 12:34 AM

May 2016
Alice was so damn cute even with that cold attitude.

why must it always end on a cliff hanger.
Jan 27, 2019 12:44 AM

Nov 2011
LynxV1 said:

So if they could easy beat number 2 but still "lost" to alice who is synthesis 30 iirc, does that mean their numbers aren't ranked by power, just the recency they became part of the integrity knights?

Well, yeah, that have always been the case.

Jan 27, 2019 12:54 AM
Oct 2012
LynxV1 said:
Overly Virtuous Kirito rares it's head again. SMH. Using the dagger, and even shouting for help. Wtf.

Alice looking fine af tho, with the golden armor and the senbonzakura. lololololol.

Kirito regard everyone here as real humans and value their life.

He killed people before, but they were all wicked Laughing Coffin players.
they still gave him a trauma.

Now imagine what if he killed a good and righteous knight who just want to keep the UnderWorld and it's people safe and orderly ? the whole reason she is fighting Kirito is coz she is brainwashed to think this is the correct way.

if she died, Kirito would never forgive himself. and he will have trauma of killing an innocent and good person.

and yeh the knights number of the time they became a knight, so number 2 is like 100-150 years and number 1 is like 200 years while number 30 alice is a few years and number 31 was said in anime that is only 1 month.
Jan 27, 2019 1:03 AM
Mar 2018
HaruTiiiT said:
SNDT said:
More exposition and idiotic fights lmao, truly the best arc!
exposition? did we watch the same episode?

Alice's sword backstory? Just like it was with Fanatio's sword in the previous episode. Man, I hope this show tells us about every knight's sword out there by the end of the arc.
Jan 27, 2019 1:03 AM

Dec 2015

This episode was pretty good ,
During reading the light novel I was feeling alot of familiar things to Byakuya from bleach but after that I can see it's way too similar.
The personality , that how proud Alice is with her own "honour" which you can feel around her and of course her shik... enchamence armament looks like senbonzakura.

But the main thing which get me in that episode is music.
The soundtrack just right before the fight agains Alice , when kirito was speakin with eugeo is the soundtrack from 1st season I guess ( the 75th level boss ? If I remember well ) but when Alice hits for the first time with her senbon... her enchamence that new soundtrack just come in and smash my ears it's so good. ( It reminds me the style of Dark Souls soundtracks tbh. )

I can't wait for appearance of "Silent Knight"(Knights synthesis twelve - without saying any spoilers) or how it was that nickname , but it will be in the "better" half of alicization which will come ... I guess in 5 +/- episodes.

Jan 27, 2019 1:44 AM

Mar 2017
Kirito's enhance armament overpowered Fanatio. Kirito kind enough to use that dagger on her.

I didn't think they'd face Alice so soon. Alice sure is a formidable one.
I wonder what happened to Kirito and Alice after that explosion.
Jan 27, 2019 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
SNDT said:
HaruTiiiT said:

Alice's sword backstory? Just like it was with Fanatio's sword in the previous episode. Man, I hope this show tells us about every knight's sword out there by the end of the arc.

Seriously, you gonna complain about the origin of the sword that doesn't take even a minute? It's necessary to know what the sword is made of to understand their power otherwise people will complain how they are pulling shit out of their ass. It's SWORD Art Online, of course the sword is important.

Jan 27, 2019 2:22 AM
Mar 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
SNDT said:

Seriously, you gonna complain about the origin of the sword that doesn't take even a minute? It's necessary to know what the sword is made of to understand their power otherwise people will complain how they are pulling shit out of their ass. It's SWORD Art Online, of course the sword is important.

I'm not complaining about the explanation itself but the way it's been done. And swords backstories are just the tip of the iceberg.
Jan 27, 2019 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
SNDT said:
KaiserNazrin said:

I'm not complaining about the explanation itself but the way it's been done. And swords backstories are just the tip of the iceberg.

What exactly is wrong with the way it is explained? Do you think you can do better? Please elaborate or are you just here to complained about things that doesn't matter?

Jan 27, 2019 2:34 AM

Jan 2015
Very intense! I wonder who threw them out. Can't wait for next episode!
Jan 27, 2019 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
ErnaGhoul said:

Kirito and Alice did that themselves, the force of their attack clashing was so intense it destroyed the wall and the air sucked them out.

Jan 27, 2019 3:19 AM
Oct 2012
SNDT said:
HaruTiiiT said:

it will and I LOVE IT, one of the parts i really like about Alicization, not only the sword's backstory but a bit of the knight's backstory before they became a knight ! loved them all in novel.

idc whoever don't like these, but i found them great and i don't mind how they are being shown to us, who care. why should i nitpick about it instead of just enjoying it.

anime is already reducing them so much that i'm very mad, Kirito and Eugeo's sword back story were gone in a moment... in the novel it was so much better. you could feel everything.
Jan 27, 2019 3:58 AM

Jan 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
ErnaGhoul said:

Kirito and Alice did that themselves, the force of their attack clashing was so intense it destroyed the wall and the air sucked them out.

Oh, ok. I thought someone did this. xD
Jan 27, 2019 4:49 AM
May 2013
deathbySNU-SNU said:
Another boring episode..

Again with the typical naive Jesus-kun trying to save her instead of killing

Battle with alice was just like the other fights, so boring

And what's with that slow motion? So lame

These.

The generic angel choir soundtrack and the over the top sound effects are the icing on the cake.

And before the "don't watch it if you don't like it": to be able to enjoy and appreciate a good anime, it's wise to once in a while to suffer through a bad one. Contrast is necessary. And there is also certain kind of enjoyment in watching and recognizing what is bad in a show.

Alicization suffers from the same ailments that spin-offs generally do. In spin-offs instead of getting on with the story, with characters we already know and care about, countless episodes are spent introducing the characters. Alicization foes further and and almost introduces one each episode. And because it took so long to get to the main story, we have already stopped caring about Alice, who was the whole motivation to the story in the first place.
merkkierkkiJan 27, 2019 5:08 AM
Jan 27, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
After such a good episode last week, this was utterly abysmal in every way. The end to the fight with Fanatio was so anticlimactic that it wasn't worth wasting a cliffhanger on, and then Kirito turned completely stupid and panicked over her, wasting the crucial dagger on her for no reason whatsoever. Then the fight with Alice was really silly, with stupidly over-the-top music and the stupid slow-motion effect that only made it look even more dumb.

Oh, and the scene with the Operator was completely pointless. I don't give a shit about a random pointless character like that and neither should the show, but she was obviously just added in to waste yet more time on pointless exposition and backstory.
Jan 27, 2019 5:55 AM

Jul 2015
finally they get to alice
lets just wait now for whats to come

Well...
Jan 27, 2019 6:53 AM

Feb 2017
AHAHAHA
they both are Pepega xD

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jan 27, 2019 6:57 AM
Feb 2018
zalapeno said:
a bit disappointing episode especially the fight scene and the animation. tbh i didnt get the hype in this episode, it was executed badly

still hoping there will be a lot of better fights and high tier animation just like first episode
Pedram said:
tambi33 said:

maybe will be better ini next episode when ugeou vs kiritod
Jan 27, 2019 6:59 AM

Feb 2014
Kirito's enhance armament that he used to take down Fanatio was visually impressive. His attack was even powerful enough to blast her straight into the ceiling before crashing down on the floor. Ouch...

Now that Fanatio is under Cardinal's care and the two lads have healed up, they took the floating elevator, operated by the lady whose been doing this mundane job for 170 years, the poor girl. D=

Eventually, they reach Alice and inevitably, they clash swords. Alice's perfect weapon control has that vibe of Saber's Excalibur and Bleach's Byakuya mixed into her visually beautiful, but powerful attacks as Kirito ends up on the back foot.

The fight really does go down to the wire, especially with Eugeo using his enhance armament once again to trap Alice, but as she brakes herself free, Kirito uses his last enhance armament to put her off-balance. However, the wall next to them collapses and a powerful wind blows Alice and Kirito away before rebuilding itself, leaving poor Eugeo confused and shocked.

All in all, this was another pretty good episode. The fights were visually impressive and the animation, despite a few off-scenes here and there, was still good overall. Admittedly, I wasn't expecting the sudden interrupting outcome for the fight against Alice. Good stuff, though. =D
Jan 27, 2019 7:12 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Loved the episode, Alice finally makes her real debut as Knight, that said I was expecting the fight to have a bit more of Sakuga, her attacks are heavy but it lacked impact, and I think she is stronger than Fanatio too, so they could have even her combat style at least a bit more of pressure.

And so the wall blowned, things should get interesting next episode!

Tokoya said:
Playcool said:

Bleach is pretty old too my guy xD

I have never read or watched Bleach, but the manga started in 2001. O.O
Jan 27, 2019 7:40 AM
Mar 2014
manny people said the action so good, to be honest, man that's so bad lack of frame by frame, very stiff, after eps 11, they always use the same scene with the same view, l already read the novel and dont get the epic feelings, like i watched the 2nd season of sowrd art online. seriously....
you can compare it with the previous actions scene.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.