Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Sep 5, 2014 1:51 PM
Jul 2013
well,that fucking sucked
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Sep 13, 2014 6:32 AM

Sep 2011
Seeing Kazumi alive in the end... that gave me a major headache. At least give some explanation goddammit.

Oh well, I see that at least this has some potential. And for some reason, I feel unsatisfied. I guess I'm going to try the manga.

Sep 14, 2014 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
Wasn't good, wasn't bad....i guess for me it was my expectations of the show failed me hard, oh well....maybe when i have time i'll check out the manga

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 15, 2014 9:19 AM
Apr 2013
so all her memories get restored just to get lost again ><

and why did kotori have to die :(

and it seems the pink hair girl survived how?

anyway good serie
Sep 25, 2014 5:34 AM

Jul 2013
BKrisz42 said:
well,that was fucking awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2014 5:48 AM

Feb 2014
I was thinking of two good ways for it to end when Kuroneko was about to stop her sister. Either she'd blast herself away with her sister for a tragic ending, or she'd return and stay by Ryoutas side for a good ending. Both of those seemed rather nice to me, but instead they revived dead characters and wiped Kuronekos memory to go for a harem end?
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Nov 12, 2014 6:25 PM

Mar 2013
Finally finished this series.

Got confused by the whole episode. I mean, really, I thought at first that those 2 graves at the end were from Kazumi and Kotori. Later, it then shows both Kazumi and Haruna all alive and well with Kana who suddenly went back to her wheelchair again. No explanation was given and directly landed the bomb on us.
Pretty disappointed at this episode.

Hibiki07 said:
And what chapter corresponds with the last scene in the anime?

I know it's kind of late to respond but since Sugram22 didn't answer this question, I'll just take this opportunity instead if nobody minds.
Last scene corresponds to the first few pages of chapter 101.
Though, the part where Kuroneko asked "Who are you?" belongs to chapter 100.
There are scenes that are cut from the anime which are included in manga though.
Nov 13, 2014 8:15 AM

Sep 2012
DeAnimation said:
Finally finished this series.

Got confused by the whole episode. I mean, really, I thought at first that those 2 graves at the end were from Kazumi and Kotori. Later, it then shows both Kazumi and Haruna all alive and well with Kana who suddenly went back to her wheelchair again. No explanation was given and directly landed the bomb on us.
Pretty disappointed at this episode.

they are alive cause one of the girls who seemed to have died saving MC can self-regeneratem she regenerated & then used her power to regenerate other
Dec 3, 2014 6:27 PM

Jun 2010
Amarrez said:
CookiePantsu said:

Teach me master!?

As others had mentioned, Hatsuna revives her. In the manga Kazumi was straight up decapitated, but Hatsuna revived her (turning herself into barely alive goop in the process, which Kazumi carried around in a bag).

Omg that's just lame. She said herself that she will die if that thing in her neck will be set on.

And about the show. It's 7/10. The finale was too rushed and the final battle wasn't even cool. I hate such "you have 99.9% chance to die" but nothing is even about to happen. And I don't like characters which are having some lame ability not to be affected by anyone.

I was just sad how Ichijiku died. </3 "I can't believe Ichijiku would die for someone else". He melted my heart.. </3 Tho it wasn't such a great idea to make him so weak at the end and save that lame ass Valkyrie.

There's too many holes in the story and lots of useless things, but I still felt enjoyed while watching this. Looooove Ichijiku.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there's gonna be 2nd season. The ending was too lame. Too many unanswered questions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2014 12:11 AM

Jun 2011
What were they smoking when they decided to cramp 100 chapters into a 13 episode anime?

The manga is good. The anime is terrible
Jan 20, 2015 2:14 AM
Sep 2014
Wow, what an amazing random pick. I didnt expect that i will enjoy this much.
Really interesting story, lovable characters, nice desing, amazing soundtrack, good humor.
I see that there is 29 more chapters, so i hope that there will be season 2 this year, also it seems they skipped alot :(
Underrated
Feb 23, 2015 4:53 PM

May 2012
What a wonderful ending! Action packed and quite dramatic but oh so wonderful! A bit sad that she did lose all her memories in the end after just getting them all back but it was quite a fight and a superb finish if you ask me! 9/10
Feb 24, 2015 6:18 PM

Sep 2013
Overall a surprisingly good show. I knew this animu is hated alot, so I didnt expect much, but I like it. Too much stupid ecchi and fillers, quite a lot things unexplained, everything fkn rushed, but the show was still entertaining to me. 6,5/10. Haters will say it doesnt deserve that much but like I care...

PS: Did Valkyrie die? NOOOOO!!! I hope she lives somehow.
I like Valkyrie / Neko. Reminds me of Alice / Will of the Abyss :D
NeutroNShivAFeb 24, 2015 6:26 PM
Feb 24, 2015 11:19 PM
Nov 2011
I'm gonna give this anime 3, which is the worst rating I've ever given. Watched like 5/6 episodes then switched to manga to compare differences, had read all chapters that are currently out, and watched the rest of anime, and I literally hate what they did here. If they can't make(don't have budget or something ?) good anime with like 30 + episode, they shouldn't even touch the manga, The first 8 episodes were alright, the content was almost the same as in manga, but after that, they just f... skipped a lot of content and even changed ending, and it's just ... I can't bear with it, because it could be such a good adaptation... and they could even make season 2 when enought amount of material will show up. Right now the sales are at about 1400~~ units. And I like it that way, if they want to make shitty rushed adaptation, they shouldn't do it at all.

TLDR: Better don't watch this crap, or watch first 6/7~~ episodes then switch to manga.

Anime: 3/10
Manga: 9/10

If the anime would be given out faithfully like 2,5/3:1 chapter to episode ratio I would give this anime 9+ or 10-... sad...
Mar 3, 2015 2:19 AM

Aug 2013
Just finished it.. no have the time to start the manga from the beginning so can someone tell me from which chapter to start after episode 13? I'm really interested in the series.

Solid 8/10
u like Ecchi? then visit Ecchi Corner on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Ecchi.Corner - Date here.

life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how i react to.
Mar 3, 2015 5:45 AM
Sep 2014
At 100 i think. But i heard they skipped a lot so i guess you should read from the start.
Mar 3, 2015 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
NaCro said:
At 100 i think. But i heard they skipped a lot so i guess you should read from the start.

Thank you :P
u like Ecchi? then visit Ecchi Corner on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Ecchi.Corner - Date here.

life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how i react to.
Mar 3, 2015 11:15 AM
Sep 2014
Np, im planing to read this one next, probably starting tomorrow so ill give you an update.
Mar 7, 2015 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
amplified said:
Wait, what? Did they just cram 100+ chapters in 13 episodes?

My thoughts exactly.

What in the hell
Apr 3, 2015 7:17 PM

Feb 2013
That's it? Happy end I guess. Kazumi lives. Kana can move now (her forcasts were pretty much useless at the end anyways). Neko can make micro black holes.

OP 1 & 2: way-too-good/10
Anime: 4/10, below average.
Best girl: Kana

5 out of 5: Loved it!      131 	22.20%
4 out of 5: Liked it  	   116 	19.66%
3 out of 5: It was OK      113 	19.15%
2 out of 5: Disliked it    120 	20.34%
1 out of 5: Hated it 	   110 	18.64%
That's about the most even distribution I have ever seen on MAL.
BurntJellyApr 3, 2015 7:22 PM
May 4, 2015 6:24 AM
Jul 2014
Did you guys even watch the whole episode ?
Hatssuna clearly says "I had to die for you again" Implying she used her magic to heal Kazumi
May 4, 2015 2:42 PM

Sep 2012
all of them are alive cause of the girl who heals herself, reading manga a bit revealed stuff that was not shown in anime, some things were cut off in anime to fit all that in to short series, even the heal girl comes back later
May 28, 2015 1:13 AM

Jun 2008
Until the last two episodes it wasn't too bad but this last two were too rushed and crazy taking serious points out of the show.
Jun 8, 2015 9:56 AM

Jun 2014
So agreeing with everyone about the obscenely bad pacing and forgetting all the open ends except one...

Assuming most of them live happily ever after now that pills can be made, what about the whole 'they will become monsters in a year or two' mention? I can literally let everything else slide in a void of rushed silliness but that left open question will eat me alive (pun intended).

I actually watched the series after hearing the nutty intro number 2 in a 2014 rundown and while I'm not disappointed, I'm crazy confused and really, really don't want to read the manga :/
Jul 8, 2015 3:00 AM
Jun 2015
I have so many things to say, but so many of my statements were already said in the last few comments XD

Anyway, I was far too relieved when Kuroha gained her memories once again.. to have her lose them..once..again

Aside from the dissatisfaction in memory loss mixed with happiness from the fan service, I am hoping this anime is similar to Sankarea: The anime itself was good, but was left open ended with no second season. Although I do find this tactic slightly sly, considering it basically advertises the manga, the manga was well directed within the plot, for everything took its time, and made me have the same emotions I felt during the anime.

Despite how much I wish for the rest of the anime to be filled in, I will see what awaits in the manga! =^-^=
Jul 10, 2015 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
Ending was ok. But, I generally liked this series overall. The characters really made it for me. Now I really want to know what "really" happens from the manga.
Jul 14, 2015 5:16 AM
Jun 2015
I want to continue this by reading the manga so which chapter does the manga continue from the anime????
Jul 14, 2015 2:37 PM

Jun 2011
Sakata-Samig-25 said:
I want to continue this by reading the manga so which chapter does the manga continue from the anime????

Ch.100 but i highly recommend starting from ch.1 (they skipped few nice moments + some characters & a whole arc).
Oct 6, 2015 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
My god, this was one of the worst anime original endings I've seen. And not because of people randomly dying or Kuroneko losing her memories or such, but because the whole writing in the last few episodes (or second half really) was just terrible. This had a great start too, that Elfen Lied feeling + Sekirei. Really can't be assed to read the manga, but will have to, to get that sour anime original content out of my mouth.
Oct 25, 2015 1:11 AM

Oct 2013
The heart of a human is often a foolish thing to see. We forgo logic and favor our wishes and dreams. It's why I hate humanity.

Aside from Emily as Kazumi, this quote is the top thing I got out of this rewatch.

I realized more this time around how absurd and wacky this is as a finale lel. If I ever decide to rewatch this show again, I'm going to stop at episode 10 before it totally fucks over the manga.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 8, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
I enjoyed this series quite a lot, but it did sort of go downhill a little at the end. The characters were all great, especially Kazumi and Kana, and the whole concept of it really hooked me. Definitely going to be reading the manga of this to get the full story. If only this one had some more episodes, then I really think it would've been way more solid.
Dec 22, 2015 5:25 AM
Dec 2015
I felt that it was a bit rushed, also would have preferred if Neko still kept her memories and this might sound a bit weird, but I kinda wanted Kazumi to stay dead. Don't get me wrong it's not that I hated her character, its just I think it would have ended better with more deaths.
Jul 21, 2016 10:08 AM
Apr 2016
It was great but quick, and I still don't know why there are 2 graves kotori is one and I thought KAZUKI was the other one but it turns out she was alive then who?
Maybe nanami? ??????
Sep 2, 2016 6:43 AM
Sep 2016
Was recommended this by a gentleman who said if I like Elfen Lied that I would like this.
I can see some similarities in the two but not many,
Having said that its a really enjoyable anime. Most of the characters are likeable, there's a fun little love triangle going on. personally I love the idea of the ejections. the first one I saw in ep 1 gave me the creeps!
The battles are brief but mostly satisfying, it felt a little tedious that it took so long for Ryouto so find out its was kuraneko after we confirmed it in episode 2.

and yes, I wish the ending could have been dragged out a little while longer

Team Kazumi

I wouldn't put it on par with Elfen Lied imo. STILL I really enjoyed it. 9/10
Sep 2, 2016 7:17 PM
Dec 2008
About to read the last volume.......... maybe next weekend when I got time...

Anyone who felt it was rushed or dragged out should totally start from Vol 10.

So far it's not on par with Elfen Lied - too many deus ex machina.
Sep 30, 2016 8:12 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I enjoyed the entire series and will miss having an MC who isn't lame. The pacing was a tad jumpy but then again so is my life. Too bad about Kotori but she was the ironic plot point. 8/10
Dec 3, 2016 9:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Z4k said:
This was terrible just like the last episode. One does not cram more than 60 chapters in just 2 episodes and not to mention they changed so much stuff. At least the manga was more satisfying so I'll just stick with that.
6/10

That is precisely my problem with the anime, thank god I initiated in the series by reading the manga first, cuz these later episodes were just retarded butchering.

If they had gave it 24 episodes, maybe it could had worked, but they had to work with limited budget and be greedy to adapt till Valkyria's fight (that is missing most of its awesome scenes too), skipping so much context, info and material midway.

This is the problem with adaptations, not being original, but sticking to the source material and making a mess of it, to the point you clearly see the faults if you have seen the source.

It was still mostly enjoyable, the OPs were good enough. I liked Nanami's, Neko singing, and Kazumi teasing scenes the most, they were fairly well adapted.

PlaycoolDec 3, 2016 9:54 AM
Dec 14, 2016 10:11 PM

Nov 2013
That's the worst final episode I've seen after the finale of Jormungand Perfect Order.

Hatsuna was still alive, Kazumi too.

At least the fight between Kuroha and Valkyrie was nice.

Ryota's buddy can make this drug now, at least the girls don't have to die.

The main douchebags still have that alien thing, so they can continue it seems.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 22, 2017 2:49 PM

Jun 2017
Ok. the last episode was quite awesome until the last couple of minutes,then it really pissed me off...

first of all,why did Kuroneko forget all her life?maybe because she used so much power and using power costs memories?why did she remember all her memories when she activated the 3rd harness then? even if there is an explanation,it still pissed me off to have her remember him then forget EVERYTHING IN HER LIFE minutes later. i would have been completely crushed if i was him :'(

the part that has no plausible explanation whatsoever though is Kazumi surviving. there was absolutely no indication or hint during the entire series that she would be able to survive BEING CUT IN HALF.i mean,if you want to really stretch it you can say the other girl regenerated her,but that wouldnt make sense as her case was far worse that Ryuta's yet she was only able to save ryuta because the other two girls signifantely helped her,and she is certainly in a much weakened state now,so how would she able to save Kazumi who is literally cut in half?i guess maybe the other girl that came with her helped her a bit,but even so...

speaking of which,i guess these buttons can be pressed again?because that girl is in a wheelchair again,which means she returned to her original state.

Before this episode the anime was 8.5/10 in my eyes. the episode raised it to 10,then the last minutes made it less than 8.5. i finally rated it 8 as a whole.
Jun 24, 2017 3:56 AM

Jun 2017
-Aero- said:
I'm bored so i typed a lot. Only people more bored than i was will probably read this.

I see that the main problem people are having is that it was rushed. I don't get it though. Why is that.... bad?

What is the difference between moving fast and rushing? Rushing is when something needs to be done because of a limit on time and things need to be done immediately, but rushing is done with a purpose. To reach a destination. If you are going to be late to an interview for a job, you will rush to get ready and drive to it. Otherwise, you are late and this affects your chances to get the job. The same principle applies with anime. To reach the ending of the series it was pushed at a fast pace. Indeed some things were cut out from the source material, but when you are rushing to your interview, do you really have time to fix a gourmet omelette for breakfast? No! You fix a PopTart, and you know what? PopTart's are freaking delicious.

So as with anime, although it was rushed, it's not harmed because of that. Why does it automatically register in our minds that rushed = bad. That doesn't make sense. Did it not entertain you because it was too fast? Fast and Furious is fast, but a bunch of people watch it and like it. I don't understand. Please enlighten me, why is it bad to be rushed.

The main goal of anime is to entertain people in some sort of way. Different anime try to make you feel different things and express different views, but it all comes down to if it is entertaining. If it didn't do anything to hurt the value of entertainment, then it didn't cause a problem. I can understand in some cases why rushing things can be confusing and take away from the immersion and entertainment of the anime, but in this case it was around 3 episodes that any rushing occurred, and i didn't even notice until i read this page. People said it "felt" rushed. Things feel hard, soft, squishy, warm, and cold, but no one complains about anime "feeling" squishy. So why is it a problem to "feel" rushed.

Is it the possibility that it "could" have been better if it spread things out better? That can't be proven. In fact the anime could have very well been spread out so thin it just wasn't entertaining because of it. We cannot predict the future. This could have very well been the best result possible. Things such as "potential" have no place in entertainment. It is what is is, that is whats important, not what it could be. Twilight could have been set in outer space, or on the Death Star, but it wasn't. Would it have been better if it was? YES! Does that give it a 1/10, no, it may get one anyway, but not because of the potential to be on a Death Star.

Finally I will quote FluffyFlesh "And I repeat myself : I prefer a cliffhanger that last even for 3 years for a sequel to take place than see this bullshit." This doesn't make sense. If you are 3 years late for your interview i can assure you, you will not get the job. So eat a poptart and get over it!

Yes i gave it a 10/10, but i do that for almost everything i like." 10/10 would watch again". And its true. I would watch it again, because i enjoyed it. So if you read all of this. Go eat a PopTart and get that job!

Truly well said :)
Aug 16, 2017 4:00 AM
May 2017
This anime was frustrating, honestly the premise of the storyline was pretty good and the first half of the anime was decent, but the execution was way off, especially later on.
Dec 16, 2017 8:59 AM

May 2016
Now I need to read the manga man it hurts when don't have a decent ending. 8/10
Feb 4, 2018 2:15 AM
Apr 2017
Unfortunately Neko's memory disappeared. I'm a little disappointed about that. I expect to be presented season 2 for this anime. and I hope that on the 2nd season, Neko's memories are fully restored.
Apr 11, 2018 3:39 AM

Jul 2016
Thank God the anime was made before the manga was done, creating two canons. Kazumi lives in the anime. <3
Apr 14, 2018 6:15 AM

Jul 2008
Chisato was a waste of human trash.

That plot felt super rushed and wtf with super hax healing from Hatsuna?! How the hell did she survive?

Then Kuroneko regaining her memories only to lose them again and then kinda come back?

Very poor ending for me, knocks this down to a 4/10
Aug 8, 2018 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
That was quite bad, it sometimes felt like the characters were stupid on purpose. Also it was sooooo fucking obvious from the first second that the blue-haired girl is his childhoof friend, how could he even have any doubt?
3/10
Apr 4, 2019 11:22 PM

Feb 2018
Gosh, I thought Kazuki was dead, apparently she was still alive.
Nov 3, 2019 1:48 AM

Dec 2017
yikes yikes yikes

Another rushed to hell anime that is forgettable.
Ex machina left and right.

All that ammo wasted and not a single one penetrated his body? Fucking LOL

Perfect example of the directors going the "fuck you read the source material" route.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Nov 5, 2020 12:42 AM
Oct 2020
Bro seriously. This is a very heart breakin ending. The plot was good at the beginning untill now. This left me with an empty feelings. I regret watching it if it's gonna end like this.
Feb 17, 2021 7:28 AM

Aug 2018
I'm reading 80% of the manga while watching the anime... kinda weird but enjoyed it because I can use the VA's voice to imagine the manga dialogues.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.