Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Nov 13, 2014 6:26 AM

Jul 2014
Kyandesu said:
Shangetsu said:

Actually on the opposite, you probably won't ever see anymore romance between Asuna and Kirito since it's like the last thing the novel is about.

Officially disappointed.
The first season felt romance-heavy to me.

In Alicization it is supposed to be some romance (Asuna goes to a giant turtle for sake of Gustavo Ceratti like kirito and in the end end end there is some bit of romance, at least in the web novel
Nov 13, 2014 7:30 AM

Jul 2007
Kyandesu said:
Shangetsu said:

Actually on the opposite, you probably won't ever see anymore romance between Asuna and Kirito since it's like the last thing the novel is about.

Officially disappointed.
The first season felt romance-heavy to me.

Thank the shitty adaptation then, because Aincrad was a lot more than just romance but A1 decided to stuff ~20+ episode content into 11 episodes and cut out any sort of character growth for Asuna and Kirito as characters, either separately or together.

Romance was never the main point and will never be the main point.

SAO is not romance. SAO BARELY will have any action.
SAO is about character psychology and effects of VR tech on human society and psyche.

Nov 13, 2014 9:28 AM

Jul 2008
CookingPriest said:

SAO is about character psychology and effects of VR tech on human society and psyche.

Pretty much this.
SAO should barely have any romance and not much action either since they're not the point of the work. Still A-1 was tempted to turn it into another shounen and focused on what would sell best instead of what would have made it a good watch.
Nov 13, 2014 10:16 AM
Mar 2012
Rolanddeschain use spoiler tags if you're going to use spoilers.

Kyandesus said:
I need to go back and watch the first season (Aincrad + Alfheim) to remember why I like this show, LOL.

This line made me laugh really hard.

CookingPriest said:
Thank the shitty adaptation then, because Aincrad was a lot more than just romance but A1 decided to stuff ~20+ episode content into 11 episodes and cut out any sort of character growth for Asuna and Kirito as characters, either separately or together.

In other words, Kirito becomes unexplainably OP, Asuna is just a waifu, and the other girls want Kirito's D because he's God. Thank you omitted character development. I'm really pissed that the anime took out nearly all of Asuna's character development, they pretty much ignored that fact that she's vice-captain of KoB for a reason and instead focused more on her dependence for Kirito. A-1 should have also adapted The First Day, it truly shows Kirito's mental state in the very beginning of the series and the start of his evolution as a dark knight who wants nothing more than company but feels too guilty to earn it.

If Progressive ever gets an anime adaption, I really hope they do it right. Lots of the game mechanics are explained more in detail. Not even that, every description is pretty detailed. Excerpt:
Nov 13, 2014 10:34 AM
Feb 2014
LastChapter said:
Rolanddeschain use spoiler tags if you're going to use spoilers.

Kyandesus said:
I need to go back and watch the first season (Aincrad + Alfheim) to remember why I like this show, LOL.

This line made me laugh really hard.

CookingPriest said:

In other words, Kirito becomes unexplainably OP, Asuna is just a waifu, and the other girls want Kirito's D because he's God. Thank you omitted character development. I'm really pissed that the anime took out nearly all of Asuna's character development, they pretty much ignored that fact that she's vice-captain of KoB for a reason and instead focused more on her dependence for Kirito. A-1 should have also adapted The First Day, it truly shows Kirito's mental state in the very beginning of the series and the start of his evolution as a dark knight who wants nothing more than company but feels too guilty to earn it.

If Progressive ever gets an anime adaption, I really hope they do it right. Lots of the game mechanics are explained more in detail. Not even that, every description is pretty detailed. Excerpt:

When I read that part in Progressive I was honestly thinking that he went a bit overboard with his descriptions xD
And I had to laugh about the massive monster of a cake this would be :P

But yes what everyone before me here said. SAO is about VR technology and its influence on the real world; not about action, romance or whatever else along these lines.
Nov 13, 2014 2:07 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
I'm really pissed that the anime took out nearly all of Asuna's character development, they pretty much ignored that fact that she's vice-captain of KoB for a reason and instead focused more on her dependence for Kirito. A-1 should have also adapted The First Day, it truly shows Kirito's mental state in the very beginning of the series and the start of his evolution as a dark knight who wants nothing more than company but feels too guilty to earn it.

This.

I don't get it, seriously, they adapted Murder Case but not First Day, DAFUQ A-1, DAFUQ ARE YOU DOING.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 13, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
Reyxe said:
LastChapter said:
I'm really pissed that the anime took out nearly all of Asuna's character development, they pretty much ignored that fact that she's vice-captain of KoB for a reason and instead focused more on her dependence for Kirito. A-1 should have also adapted The First Day, it truly shows Kirito's mental state in the very beginning of the series and the start of his evolution as a dark knight who wants nothing more than company but feels too guilty to earn it.

This.

I don't get it, seriously, they adapted Murder Case but not First Day, DAFUQ A-1, DAFUQ ARE YOU DOING.

Is the First Day side story the one that takes place after Kirito leaves Klein (obviously the first day of SAO :P) ?
Nov 13, 2014 2:26 PM
Feb 2014
Bomb2chest said:
Reyxe said:

This.

Is the First Day side story the one that takes place after Kirito leaves Klein (obviously the first day of SAO :P) ?

Yeah it is ;-) It is the first Sidestory in the SAO Vol. 8 "Early and Late" (ironically Murder Case in the Area is the second one and Caliber the last).

To be fair Muder Case in the Area/Town is important for GGO and later story arcs, even though they let the little foreshadowing from Xaxa away :P (and also a bit for "The Day After" - but well they didn't animate that sidestory).

But yes "First Day" is very important, too, especially for char development of Kirito.
Nov 13, 2014 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
Reyxe said:
LastChapter said:

This.

Volume 8, containing both First Day and Murder Case, was released in Aug 2011. SAO first aired in Jul 2012.

If First Day was adapated, it would have aired as Episode 2. As such, it's possible that by the time volume 8 was out, it was already too far into the production to add an extra episode into the beginning of the series. Or they simply realised that they don't have enough time to complete the episode and skipped it. Chances are Volume 8 content would've been the last to be animated.

At least, that's what I think might have happened. I also know that anime production is not necessarily completed on a chronological basis from Ep 1 to Ep 24, so it might not really be the reason.
Nov 13, 2014 2:55 PM
Mar 2012
Rinth said:
Reyxe said:

This.

Volume 8, containing both First Day and Murder Case, was released in Aug 2011. SAO first aired in Jul 2012.

If First Day was adapated, it would have aired as Episode 2. As such, it's possible that by the time volume 8 was out, it was already too far into the production to add an extra episode into the beginning of the series. Or they simply realised that they don't have enough time to complete the episode and skipped it. Chances are Volume 8 content would've been the last to be animated.

At least, that's what I think might have happened. I also know that anime production is not necessarily completed on a chronological basis from Ep 1 to Ep 24, so it might not really be the reason.

You're forgetting SAO used to be (and still is) a web novel series. Volume 8 may have been published 2011, but the web novel existed years prior so A-1 had lots of time to rearrange and schedule episodes. Even so, being published one year prior to the anime adaption, they would still have lots of time.

My reasoning is that The First Day might have been too boring and in order to rack in more viewers, they skipped straight to the first floor boss in the second episode.
Nov 13, 2014 3:35 PM

Sep 2014
Caleb8980 said:
Bomb2chest said:

Yeah it is ;-) It is the first Sidestory in the SAO Vol. 8 "Early and Late" (ironically Murder Case in the Area is the second one and Caliber the last).

To be fair Muder Case in the Area/Town is important for GGO and later story arcs, even though they let the little foreshadowing from Xaxa away :P (and also a bit for "The Day After" - but well they didn't animate that sidestory).

But yes "First Day" is very important, too, especially for char development of Kirito.

Didn't Xaxa say something about one day I'll hunt you down on a horse something like that (foreshadowing to the max lol) ? Have not seen The day after story yet.
Nov 13, 2014 3:38 PM
Mar 2012
Bomb2chest said:
Caleb8980 said:

Didn't Xaxa say something about one day I'll hunt you down on a horse something like that (foreshadowing to the max lol) ? Have not seen The day after story yet.

The Day After is a slightly emotional side story about Sachi. I actually wanted A-1 to adapt this in the middle of Phantom Bullet and Caliber, but alas, we got a recap episode.
Nov 13, 2014 3:59 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
Bomb2chest said:

The Day After is a slightly emotional side story about Sachi. I actually wanted A-1 to adapt this in the middle of Phantom Bullet and Caliber, but alas, we got a recap episode.

And The Day Before? dat was cute too.

Nov 13, 2014 4:09 PM
Mar 2012
Reyxe said:
LastChapter said:

And The Day Before? dat was cute too.

That happened in Aincrad so I hope it will be adapted along with Progressive.
Nov 15, 2014 7:53 PM

Aug 2011
Personally the log cabin was my favourite scenes from the first season so I'm thrilled to see them return to it again. It gave me a warm feeling when they purchased it!
Nov 15, 2014 9:34 PM

Oct 2013
Is it suppose to be nostalgic when they enter the house?
I can't help but to feel 'icky' with this playing house and fake daughter and stuff
"Burn the heretics"
Nov 23, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
good ep
Nov 23, 2014 5:39 PM

Nov 2013
The first half of the first two seasons of SAO were both excellent, but it seems like the second part of SAO II has lost focus. In the earlier arcs, there were real life values at stake and there was real mystery-solving going on. Now, with this latest arc, it's all about a video game and I am finding it difficult to find anything compelling about this particular part of the story. The GGO arc was a hundred times better, because it was a real mystery and had a villain that was cool. (So cool, in fact, that I wanted to dress up as Death Gun for halloween.) Episode 14 in both seasons was a tender, touching episode. But after that, things lost focus and meaning. I find the last few episodes don't fly by like the GGO ones did. GGO really took me out of this world and temporarily transplanted me to another universe. The present arc fails to do that.
Nov 23, 2014 6:02 PM
Apr 2014
basspig said:
The first half of the first two seasons of SAO were both excellent, but it seems like the second part of SAO II has lost focus. In the earlier arcs, there were real life values at stake and there was real mystery-solving going on. Now, with this latest arc, it's all about a video game and I am finding it difficult to find anything compelling about this particular part of the story. The GGO arc was a hundred times better, because it was a real mystery and had a villain that was cool. (So cool, in fact, that I wanted to dress up as Death Gun for halloween.) Episode 14 in both seasons was a tender, touching episode. But after that, things lost focus and meaning. I find the last few episodes don't fly by like the GGO ones did. GGO really took me out of this world and temporarily transplanted me to another universe. The present arc fails to do that.

SAO has never been about mystery, nor values at stake...

Nov 25, 2014 3:51 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, it only cost 500,000 for the house? When playing the SAO game for the Vita, getting 500,000 was nothing. Guess housing system isn't pricey in that game.
Nov 25, 2014 4:12 PM
Apr 2014
Paul said:
Wow, it only cost 500,000 for the house? When playing the SAO game for the Vita, getting 500,000 was nothing. Guess housing system isn't pricey in that game.

Or prices in the game are fucked [?

Nah, 22nd floor is not much, that's probably the reason, I think Kirito's house in Algade or Asuna's in.. Salmburg? or something was expensive as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Nov 27, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2011
i thought that when they said that you can transfer your data to any game they meant levels or maybe equipment but you now you can fly in SAO? or are they in ALO? but then again it looked like they were in SAO world, can they use guns from GGO? cause if they can break the original game with fairy wings, they should be ble to transfer the guns as well... maybe i missed something
anyways people tell me that this is best SAO an i hope it is cause this season s been pretty damn awful thus far but Asuna should dissapear shes only making things worse
Nov 27, 2014 10:12 PM

Jan 2008
silversaint said:
i thought that when they said that you can transfer your data to any game they meant levels or maybe equipment but you now you can fly in SAO? or are they in ALO? but then again it looked like they were in SAO world, can they use guns from GGO? cause if they can break the original game with fairy wings, they should be ble to transfer the guns as well... maybe i missed something
anyways people tell me that this is best SAO an i hope it is cause this season s been pretty damn awful thus far but Asuna should dissapear shes only making things worse

They recreated the SAO world and put it into ALO. It was shown back in the first season at the end of the show. So they're still in ALO. Or something along those lines.
Nov 27, 2014 10:19 PM

Jan 2011
so thats what it was, i thought season 1 got extremely boring durinng its second half so no wonder i missed that one... wish they got the hell away from ALO, its the worst game world imo
Nov 28, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2007
silversaint said:
so thats what it was, i thought season 1 got extremely boring durinng its second half so no wonder i missed that one... wish they got the hell away from ALO, its the worst game world imo

How the hell a superior version of SAO game would be a "worst game world"?

You do realize that ALO is basically an advanced and upgraded version of SAO in terms of mechanics and content, right?
Nov 28, 2014 8:12 AM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
silversaint said:

You do realize that ALO is basically an advanced and upgraded version of SAO in terms of mechanics and content, right?

And flying.

I just hated the elf and shit thing tho.

Dec 2, 2014 4:05 AM

Nov 2014
Reyxe said:
CookingPriest said:

And flying.

Me too,I just disliked the idea of flying.
Dec 2, 2014 4:44 AM
Apr 2014
PrevE said:
Reyxe said:

And flying.

I liked the flying thing, I mean, the duels are amazing, but the ears, dunno, felt so wrong, lol

Dec 2, 2014 5:00 AM

Nov 2014
Reyxe said:
PrevE said:

I liked the flying thing, I mean, the duels are amazing, but the ears, dunno, felt so wrong, lol

Haha,I know what you mean,it just feels so weird
PrevEDec 2, 2014 5:04 AM
Dec 2, 2014 5:02 AM

Aug 2014
PrevE said:

Uuuh.
It might just be me, but I think you posted nothing but a quote just now.
Dec 2, 2014 11:18 AM
Mar 2012
PrevE said:
Reyxe said:

And flying.

And the amount of flying you've seen in the last few arcs were? Flying is mainly used for traveling, I have yet to see it used in the second season during major fights.
Dec 6, 2014 11:30 PM

Jul 2012
I really like how they were able to go back to where they once lived together :)

I like the new ED! I'm curious of the new girl. Seems like a friend from school of Asuna's irl? Seems like she's Zekken since they kept using "they" to address her. I'm looking forward to this arc!
Dec 7, 2014 6:55 PM

Feb 2013
Yay! Asuna used her sword! Asuna x Kirito fighting together is one of the things that made SAO great. We need more of that here.

Yet again... why is Kirito not with Asuna IRL? She has to fight off all those suitors on her own...

Also, Asuna is faster than Kirito... or was in SAO... "Flash"... she better win this upcoming fight.
Dec 23, 2014 3:30 AM

Jul 2008
Their home!! :D good to see them getting it back :) Can't wait to see Zekken battling Asuna :)
Dec 23, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
What...what's this? Asuna is actually relevant again?Hallelujah! Or so I hope. And what...what is...what is this???? Kirito just admitted that there is someone who is his better? Madness!
Dec 28, 2014 11:22 AM

May 2012
Pretty cute to see they're back at that house on level 22! But I do wonder what the story will be with only a couple more episodes to go.
Dec 30, 2014 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
The new arc begins: Mother's Rosario.
Same OST as in SAO.
So Kirito and Asuna finally bought their house. Then there's a new character called "Zekken" who keeps challenging others in a duel. Asuna is interested in it.
Jan 8, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2013
I just wanna point out that they actually spelled the word "paid" wrong when Asuna bought the house.. They spelled it "paied"...

All the harem cows are sitting there and the only person left out except for Sinon who left earlier is Klein. What a big fucking suprise. Of course Kirito must be all alone with his cows.

Why are the girls defending Kirito's loss? His little sister even feels the need to say that "he was cool" as he lost. Incest bruh, to bad she's never gonna get his D because Asuna has already reached waifu level MAX!!!

The new villain or whatever, they said that his health never reached below 70% or something. In his fight against Kirito we can see that his healt definitely is below 70%... The sister even says that they both reached 60% HP and that she eventually lost. This show and it's horrible writing...

When did we get to know that Asuna has a different character? LOL

Why are they sleeping in the game? Does that count as sleeping in real life or something? Perhaps I've missed something. Also, can they transfer their homework from real life to a video game? Honestly now this is getting retarded. These people are way to obsessed with video games compared to how the rest of the world is!

Why didn't Kirito use the newly aquired Excalibur? Oh yeah right... He wasn't fighting seriously as some of his harem cows said. He only fights when "he really needs to" LOL fuck off with this lame edgy shit. Everything that is related to Kirito must in some way make him look even more badass and awesome. This sort of wish fulfillment is ruining this show. As if it wasn't ruined already...
Feb 13, 2015 2:24 AM

Nov 2009
A lot of dialogue this episode, Sounds like Zekken is pretty tough.
Feb 13, 2015 11:09 AM
May 2012
I like the new ending song <3 I really like it when a season 2's op and ed songs are still sung by the same artists ^^
Awww, they got their house back <3 The memories, man T^T Asuna <3
That's a one long talk, man. Looks like we will have some drama about Asuna's family, too.
Feb 16, 2015 10:52 PM

Apr 2014
And so the new arc begins. Six episodes to go, so I'm a bit worried if the story will have enough time to setup enough for the payload at the end. It was interesting to get a bit more insight into Asuna's personal life, and it explains some of her actions in the previous season. I thought that with all of that talk of marrying Kirito with Yui as their daughter and living together in their own house in Aincrad was just her going crazy after being stuck in a game for two years and accepting that she might never escape, but now it turns out that she treated the game as her reality and escapism because she wasn't happy with her actual life. The character development appears to be a central focus this arc, and I'm really interested in learning more about her personal/home situation.

I can never get enough of SAO's OSTs, and the ED by LiSA was great.
ZeroDragonFeb 16, 2015 10:55 PM
Mar 4, 2015 8:12 AM

Jan 2012
oh c'mon Kirito and Asuna, stop getting excited over a virtual family, get a REAL home and have a REAL child, but then there will be no story to tell if they stopped playing games :p
Mar 24, 2015 1:01 AM

Nov 2013
Mehhhhhh.

That fight scene with the 21st floor boss was kinda cool I guess but it ended too quickly.

This episode mainly served as an info dump. Just what I need before I go to sleep. A bunch of boring dialogue that I could not care about whatsoever.

5/10

Apr 4, 2015 7:21 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting, a new character thats called Zekken challenging people to fight him.
Not reading to much from posts above me, seems there's a lot of spoilering going on :D
May 7, 2015 5:11 AM

Sep 2011
Coffee Soda makes every battle look freaking amazing!
May 13, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
That Zekken dude sure is mysterious but 50 dollars says Kirito will beat him soon. Well if the plot demands it that is. Oh and please stop with the arranged marriage thing with Asuna. They already did that in SAO and look what happened to the dude he's behind bars now getting his asshole loosened. So if there would be another drama for their relationship I hope it would be something different.
Aug 8, 2015 10:58 PM

Jan 2012
Very dialogue heavy setup episode, but still alright.
Aug 16, 2015 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode IMO. I wonder who Zekken is and I wonder how they fight. The fight scene was pretty epic I thought, Kirito and Asuna were kicking some ass. I also wonder what Kirito was talking about with Zekken while they were fighting.

Post #46
Sep 12, 2015 5:16 AM

Jul 2013
That was really awesome.

Cool fight scenes and they got back their log cabin which I loved in SAO <3

Plus Zekken sounds like an interesting character and he already went up against and beat Kirito D:

Loved the ED, Asuna was so cute in it :3
Oct 7, 2015 3:43 AM

Apr 2013
Even Kirito got bored and fell asleep with all that talking.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.