Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 17, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2014
Normally I skip recap episodes, but I had to watch this one to get some sort of closure to the series. I mean, I still plan on watching the OVA and movie, but this was a nice recap to an overall emotional series for me.

Plus, I was a little confused during the last few episodes when it showed that Nagisa didn't die. At first I thought it was Tomoya's wish that she didn't die and therefore he thought of the scenario in which she didn't. So I thought she was still dead. But this episode basically confirmed that Nagisa is alive and all is well. 10/10 Would watch this series again, but next time I'll be prepared for the emotional rollercoaster that this series was.
Dec 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
It's been a ride for sure with Clannad, I don't get why people feel depressed after finishing it though.

Jan 27, 2015 7:21 PM

May 2014
This was definitely a good way to end the series and provide some closure. Although re-watching some scenes still made me tear up. The pain and sorrow I felt watching it will never be forgotten, but I'm happy to see that wishes came true and it was a happier ending.
Feb 13, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
Meh, I just skipped to the last few minutes, no point in watching a recap. I guess they live in a world where Nagisa is alive then :)

Honestly, I cried way less than I thought I would. I only shed a couple tears at the death of Ushio and that's it. I got teary eyed but shed no tears at the other sad parts. This is truly a beautiful anime :')

The Nagisa OST is stuck in my head now and everytime I hear it it makes me feel sad but I can't stop listening to it 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。
CruzrFeb 13, 2015 9:13 PM
Mar 12, 2015 7:09 AM

Aug 2011
Mar 22, 2015 9:24 AM
Mar 2015
I'm not a huge fan of recaps, but this one was cute :)
Jul 3, 2015 3:44 AM

Dec 2013
This was a nice series. Definitely had a strong amount of feels and a surprising amount of realism in it (apart from the end).

Overall 8/10
Aug 1, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
Really great series. A true emotional rollercoaster. I rarely cry and laugh while watching anime, even if it's usually just a tear drop. Clannad made me cry my eyes out. Now besides my keyboard lies a mountain of tisues. I'm happy that the series ended hapilly and Nagisa and Ushio were alive. Overall 10/10
Dec 21, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
10/10

Nice recap.
Dec 21, 2015 5:00 PM

May 2014
Just finished rewatching. Great series, had me crying alot. Also had me laughing alot. 10/10. Recap was nice,usually cant stand them, but i loved this one.
When people see good they expect good, and i don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.
Jan 15, 2016 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
Fuck...what a good show.. I do think it would have made a better ending if she would have stayed dead but i'm really happy with the ending it received it literally made my day to know his wish came true xD. I never cried from a show before but i was pretty damn close with this one. I'm not ready to leave the Clannad world yet T-T.
Jan 17, 2016 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
Amanda-san said:
Don't watch Clannad/ Clannad: After Story , is an overrated bullshit.

ExTamplier said:
Skip all of them and watch something good.

^^

that's true mate..........
gembelelaJan 17, 2016 4:50 PM
Saber
Feb 23, 2016 8:39 AM

Feb 2016
I love how this anime made me cry at various moments but how in the end everything turned out alright :')
Mar 14, 2016 7:53 PM

Jan 2016
A Good recap ending for a good show.
This season had some amazing episodes specially from ep 16-21.
But it also had some weak moments.
Only two things i didn't like about this season:
1- The first 3 arcs or so were kinda weak (tho Sunohara's arc had some great moments), it started getting good when the Tomoya/Nagisa arc started.
2- The ending. I like happy endings, but i don't want a happy ending just for the sake of a happy ending.
I really liked the character development after Nagisa's death. and i feel like the ending ruined all that character development.
Tomoya's relationship with Ushio was great.
I think the best ending would be Tomoya raising his daughter alone, while "Nagisa's spirit" watches over them.
and they could show that on December 24th of every year, Everyone Goes to Tomoya's place to celebrate Nagisa's Birthday/Memory.

Overall, i liked this show 8/10.
Mar 19, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2015
Nice recap. I loved the part at the end when Ushio called Nagisa "mama", so adorable~

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 20, 2016 6:09 AM

Mar 2014
“Anpan !!” :D I'm gonna miss this 'strange' love story ~ . Nagisa and Tomoya .
I haven’t seen such gratifying drama in a long time . A Masterpiece . Everything is just picture-perfect especially in the final episodes of it .The stories that teaches us the lessons and values in Life . It will forever be cherished as it is , a meaningful and beautiful show . The Transition is just overwhelming . The emotions are certainly realistic . For me it taught me what it means to “cry” for the sake of someone , for others and for your own self . 10/10 Happiness all in all <3 Of course it wouldn't be that complete without humor and romance ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2016 12:15 AM

Sep 2014
All worthwhile for that little moment at the end where Fuko is asleep. So beautiful. 10/10 gonna miss Fuko. Rest was fair decent too :)
Aug 12, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2016
Skipped to the end after watching for a bit, since the original content was there. Sad that the series is over - the last few episodes were really good. I'll miss Ushio, Fuko and Sunohara. I'd give the series a 7.5, or a soft 8/10.
Sep 26, 2016 7:38 PM

Sep 2016
Such a great Anime! Im very happy to have stumbled upon Clannad, 11/10!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2016 3:43 PM
Oct 2016
Well even though im a guy... tissue box please!!! man this anime made me cry!!

10/10
Oct 28, 2016 12:16 AM

Oct 2015
the anime started off great in the beginning where it had emotion, with nagisa and then later her child Ushio at episode 22. Then the anime was boring as it turned out he was on another world, uninteresting and disappointing on my part and episode 24 was a recap to get hold of the story from the first season. 6/10 is pretty decent.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 20, 2016 2:32 AM

Jun 2016
Of the best I saw in my life
Clannad After Story - masterpiece 10/10

EG99
Jan 21, 2017 3:13 PM
Dec 2016
I just got around to watching Clannad/AS... I really now regret that I didn't watch it earlier: This anime is my #1 most favorite anime ever. It made me experience so many emotions and just brought me to tears. The ending IS PERFECT-I would love to see Ushio grown up (teens) that'd be funny but I think it'd ruin the happy (perfect) ending. I'm glad I chose to watch this.
Feb 4, 2017 11:29 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm, so they made the last episode recap, what a shame. The narration was nice but it was just fanservice for viewers, an alternative happy ending that never happened.

I'm not really fan of this addition as it never happened in novel, and I don't think it was necessary. They should rather animated other stories that were cut out before as Ryou lovestory perhaps.
Mar 26, 2017 6:24 AM

May 2016
This anime is much more different than other anime it gives you a feeling that you don't get from watching other anime that is basically why I love it 9/10
Mar 30, 2017 3:04 PM

Nov 2012
More or less didn't care about the first half which included the baseball episode,Sunohara's arc,Misae's arc,Yukine's arc. I get this was to get the light orbs which granted Tomoyo's wish to revive Nagisa and Ushio but that doesn't change the fact that these episodes were terribly boring imo.

Things improved from episode 10 onwards when Tomoyo moved out,but still having had all the major events in this series spoiled for me I can't say I cared for this anime much.

Which is really disappointing honestly considering I thought this had the potential to be a new favorite of mine,overall I'd say a high 6/10 or low 7/10.
VanishingKiraMar 30, 2017 3:07 PM
Jul 16, 2017 12:32 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
A mesmerizing, tear-jerking and amusing series, to sum it all up simply fascinating! It really was just this amusing and emotional ride, especially beginning from the second half of the series. There were numerous moments when tears dripped down my cheeks as if it could collectively fill buckets; moments when I could not hold back my laughter anymore; and moments where I just smiled and grinned like a complete idiot. Furthermore, the animation in some cases is phenomenal but really good nonetheless, the wide range of characters is just sensational(among which Akii is my favorite) and one of the best I have personally seen in animes, music department is seriously awesome too other than the ED of After Story since it kind of killed the mood in a few of the episodes. Ugh, too many things on my mind I'd love to share but I'll just conclude by saying Clannad got to the depths of my being and really it changed my perspective of living. 'Seize your happiness while you've the opportunity for the opportunity doesn't last long' is what the show taught me and I'm sure I'll remember this for a long time coming.
_MushiRock11_Jul 16, 2017 12:38 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 20, 2017 8:52 AM

Jul 2015
Still teared up in the Akio scene during Nagisa's representation.

Neat recap to end one of my favorite stories, glad that I rewatched this anime, who knows if I will do it again in the future.
Oct 26, 2017 1:05 AM
Aug 2014
It has come to an end. 8/10
Dec 17, 2017 3:10 AM

Jul 2016
Pretty nice recap episode and done at the perfect time (from my point of view anyway), at the end of the series. I stand by the same things I said in episode 22, although episodes 23 and 24 were better than what I expected.

8/10
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Dec 24, 2017 9:46 AM
Nov 2017
I thought I had seen a good romance anime until I watched this, never have I cried at an anime, one of the reasons I refuse to watch plastic memories, but when they brought nagisa back using the orbs of light to grant his wish my heart felt so whole. It was something I have truly never felt before where I felt complete.
May 10, 2018 3:58 AM
Mar 2018
Clannad, truly a masterpiece!. 10/10
May 13, 2018 4:51 PM

Oct 2011
oh, this recap made lots of sense. ok.. Tomoya remembered everything. hopefully he told his dad how he felt, or that would be my issue with this ending.

May 18, 2018 7:04 AM

Apr 2016
It was a great series.. Definitely Clannad~After Story was better that 1st season.
I know this is an anime but you are not allowed to create something so sad..Is way to tragic, yeah the ending it was a happy one, but until than it was so sad. Many sad arcs, with Fuko,with Shima and with Kotomi. The person who created this wasn't sane...
Anyway my score is 9/10

Aug 12, 2018 8:24 AM

Aug 2017
Welp it’s finally over...so many laughs and tears were made watching this anime. It really was heart touching...;-;

I’d say After Story was a way more intense emotional roller coaster than the first season. However like some people the ending really didn’t sit well with me. I believe that it would have been better if they ended it right after episode 18 when Tomoya finally comes to terms with Nagisa passing away and promises to be a good father to Ushio. That was the most touching episode of the series to me and that would have been perfect. The ending on episode 22 felt kinda like an alternate universe where Nagisa did live or something...

Watching that recap also gave me good memories from the first season...I’m starting to think maybe it was better, or at least ended better, than this one...

Anyways, Clannad really knows how to touch your heart, chew it up and spit it out lol. But I don’t regret any of it.
9/10
FancyTunaRamen9Aug 12, 2018 11:47 AM
Dec 21, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 2018
I got a ban from 4chan for bringing up Clannad, in topical discussion
despite the fact everyone talks about anime all the time.
I'm gonna save this as a badge of honor.
4chan is dead.
May 6, 2019 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
I think this sequel is the best in Kyoto Animation (Hibike! series is exception). Awesome content!
May 12, 2019 1:06 PM

Oct 2010
Funny how this episode number, on the Japanese Bluray/DVDs, is the Kyou episode. Don't understand why MAL can't just use the OFFICIAL episode lists. Also since they count Kyou as episode 24, the recap is actually labeled 25.
KougeruMay 12, 2019 1:11 PM
Jul 15, 2019 11:25 AM

Feb 2017
I think the reason episode 22 felt so off to myself (and many others) is because we were so engrossed in the "bad end" storyline that being yanked out of that and given the ultra-sugar-coated finish was a big shock. They could have totally made a well executed and meaningful end that didn't use the "wish granting" turn-around. But it's fine that they did, and I've come the accept the ep. 22 ending better after watching this recap because it puts the VN's "best ending" concept in focus.
Jul 21, 2019 12:54 AM

Jul 2016
I rewatched this show, and its just as amazing as I remember, despite the weak opening episodes. This has got to be my favorite from Kyoto Animation, it breaks my heart that a studio that gave us amazing anime such as After Story would be the victim of such a terrible tragedy. No matter what happens to KyoAni, I'll never forget the amazing anime they have given us.
Jul 27, 2019 7:25 AM
Apr 2016
A giant recap episode, a little disappointing, but whatever. So, she did die...how unfortunate. Great anime overall, was very lighthearted.
Oct 6, 2019 9:35 AM

Feb 2019
Even as a recap, Clannad still shines brightly. I can't say it's the masterpiece that it should be because of some issues with episode 22, but it's still one of the greatest series I have ever watched.

And I loved this recap. It's so nostalgic seeing how Tomoya went from a delinquent senior to this loving dad who's narrating to his daughter the story of how he met her mom and all that went after it. Really brought back a lot of memories.

But, still, I have serious gripes with the ending scene. This is THE final episode. Couldn't they have showed us a scene of Tomoya, Nagisa, and Ushio? Why is it Fuko there? I just want to see their happy family. At least that "Mama!" from Ushio was gold. So heartwarming, beautiful, and lovely to see. I guess that was the first and last time we heard Ushio directly call Nagisa "Mama!"?

Really going to miss this and all the characters. Never seen a series that goes this far in terms of development (from high schoolers who didn't know each other to father and mother). Really going to miss Tomoya, Nagisa, Ushio, Kyou, Akio, Sanae, and all the other characters.

What a beautiful and awesome series.
Dec 30, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2019
Finally finished it. Season 2 has been a great emotional ride. Its right to put a recap episode at last because so many things has happened in the last 10-12 episodes. It also assured the audience more that it is a good ending that we've got with the last scene here. A very good series overall, season 2 really stood out the most.

A solid 8.5/10 from me for Clannad:After Story.
Mar 26, 2020 4:06 PM

Jul 2016
So they actually made Tomoya remember everything about his "bad end" so that the progress he made in those episodes didn't feel completely pointless... okay. It's something, I guess. At least this way, those people who cried their souls out won't feel like they were completely scammed.

Mediocre final episode to conclude a lackluster season overall. Nothing much to say, just an uninspiring recap to sum up what happened in two different time-lines between two worlds throughout 47 episodes. If anything, this only made me remember how uninteresting the first season was and how much I HATE the first eight episodes of After Story.

So regarding Clannad: After Story as a whole and to put it simple... it wasn't for me. The first eight episodes which covered arcs from some truly boring secondary characters were absolutely atrocious, both in narrative and overall execution. A quite appalling way to start the season if I'm honest. And even though there were two or three episodes later on that I genuinely loved (Eps. 11; 12 and the sequence with Ushio and Tomoya hugging each other in Ep. 18), they didn't make up for those awfully lame first three arcs.
This said, it's more than obvious that I liked the season a bit more once Tomoya and Nagisa started their adult life but unfortunately, aside from the eps. I mentioned before, I never felt completely invested with neither the story nor the characters. Not to mention also that the ending killed any potential redemption the story had but well. Would it have been different if those first eight episodes never existed? Probably though I don't think my score would have raised higher than a 6/10.

3/10 - Would have given it a 4/10 (not that it would have made a huge difference, being honest) but these last two episodes/extras contributed little to nothing to this series' conclusion and the whole "reset" thing at the end of Ep. 22 was particularly disappointing.
SouthRzVaMar 26, 2020 4:14 PM
Oct 12, 2020 4:46 AM

Jun 2020
Ok I liked how they did it here so they did a recap on what happened on Clannad and before Ushio getting born not only that they also explain on what happened and why did Nagisa come back alive.

So basically we've seen the light orb shining around when Okazaki is talking to his father and later on Ushio saw that orb coming through Okazaki so Okazaki was able to obtain that orb and remember what Yukine said that there's a legend where an shining orb flying around when something happy or a good thing happened and Okazaki saw one at that day where they all go to Yukine's Brother and when Ushio was about to die Okazaki start saying "Nagisa help us(I think that was he said)" and when Ushio died Okazaki made a wish where Nagisa was able to deliver Ushio safely without her dying.

Tbh this is going to one of my favorite anime U love the ending I thought that it was going to be really sad but in the end it was a happy ending after all I'm really satisfied on this ending so it's a 10/10 for me it was a masterpiece love the story of this anime.
Oct 14, 2020 7:34 AM
Aug 2018
THEY ADDED USHIO IN THE ENDING!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! <3
Nov 8, 2020 3:42 PM

Jan 2020
That recap episode was an amazing way to wrap up everything.

I've gotten really attached to the characters, the world and pretty much everything about Clannad and I'm already feeling empty and I'm already missing it.

What an amazing experience. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did.

Nov 14, 2020 9:27 AM

Dec 2018
Rather than giving my thoughts on this fitting recap episode which wrapped up this amazing series, I'd rather give my thoughts on After Story as a whole.

This was one incredible ride. One that I'm not forgetting anytime soon. A pure emotional rollercoaster at its finest, especially the last 10 episodes. Hard to describe the experience of watching Tomoya's coming of age journey in his life, there were fun lighthearted moments where I had a big smile on my face, there were incredibly powerful emotional moments where I cried bawling my eyes out. It made me get attached to the characters like very few other anime had managed to do before. Literally nothing has tugged at my heartstrings like this before. One thing that's literally perfect in After Story is the amazing & beautiful tonal handling, it made the already powerful emotional moments like 10x more impactful. I was expecting After Story to be a significant step up from the OG Clannad, but damn! It simply blew its prequel out of the water & gave me an incredibly memorable experience.

Never expected to cry like a bitch like in about 8 episodes whilst watching a Japanese cartoon as a 27 year old, but this anime managed to do it. You've gotta be kidding me. T_T
345EdwardElricNov 14, 2020 11:29 AM
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Jan 10, 2021 7:25 PM

May 2019
I consider this as a recap and proper closure for this series. I would say that this series in particular not hit as hard as I thought. The best part of After Story probably the second half of it. Eventhough this series doesn't have a strong side characters or girls cast, but still there is a very important lesson to take from it. Tomoya is good MC in general, how he grow as a person through his journey as a father. Always remember the importance of our parents that take care of us since we were born. No matter how bad they are, they still do their best and sacrifise a lot for our happiness. That's is really beautiful lesson that I could pick eventhough it still have its up and down. So overall I would give 7/10 for this.
VivaceRexJan 10, 2021 7:43 PM

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.