Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Aug 7, 2013 9:27 PM

Feb 2012
One of the best anime I watched for a long time. They could've showed Hakaze and Yoshino kissing or somethin though...

Aika, until the very end ahahahah!

9.5/10 for the anime, 10 for MAL!
Aug 13, 2013 12:05 AM

Dec 2012
Just remembered this post from the episode 12 discussion that I made when I first joined -

xFelipe said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
This episode definitely threw me off completely. Was stunned by the turn of events and can't wait to see what's going to come out of this. This is only my personal speculation but

Stop talking about manga spoilers casually as if you just guessed correctly to try and sound smart.It's really stupid.

In your fat face Felipe, I was wrong and so were you.
Aug 21, 2013 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
An interesting take on such an anime, I found myself wanting to keep watching even though the style of the anime wasn't my cup of tea (in terms of the dark tone at the start, animation wise it was appealing).

On the topic of the last episode, where did the sword of exodus come from? It was obviously nice that the tree of genesis was destroyed, but Hanemaru got defeated and then the sword came out of nowhere for him to claim victory? Or am I missing something here.

Other than that, the way the anime tied up the loose ends was well done. I had a smile to my face when I saw the video Aika left for Mahiro and Yoshino and how she teased them about showing her naked body to them.

Though at the end we did not see whether Yoshino and Hakase kissed or hugged. I guessed that's left for our imagination, but I would of preferred to see what happened.

All in all I give this series an 7/10.
SorenAug 21, 2013 2:50 PM
Aug 27, 2013 10:32 PM

Apr 2013
Satisfying and fulfilling ending IMO. I've left discontent at so many anime endings, for once I'm quite pleased except for that ending troll. They could have ending it perfectly with a little magic there, if you know what I mean.
Aug 30, 2013 8:44 AM

Jan 2011
Loved the end. overall 10/10
[size=200]Osu!
[/size]
Sep 6, 2013 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
Loved just about everything in this anime. Easily 10/10.

Even though they didn't explicitly show it, I think it is safe to say that Hakaze x Yoshino is going to happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
That was a great ending (except the sword that appeared out of nowhere) and somewhat emotional,makes me want to bump this to 7/10 but the show overall was still not very satisfying to me.
the pacing was bad imo,side characters were meh,twists that aren't that great and largely predictable and not to mention a lot of build-up only to get anticlimactic results.
It was a decent watch though,not bad. 6/10.
Sep 20, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2013
great serie 10/10 from me

Aika T_T i will miss you, she is so.... i cant describe her with word, um... i say brave, able to sacrifice her own life for the sake of yoshino (teary eyes)

great ending yoshino and hakaze ending up together, and for mahiro as well

thank you for this entertaining serie
Sep 23, 2013 10:29 AM

Jan 2011
so the ultimate final attack is giant gold sword^^

a fine ending, Mahiro had developed into a better character than I expected

still not sure are the trees from alien or nature... I guess we will leave that as it is

overall a good series, enjoyed it :)
Sep 25, 2013 5:31 AM

Jul 2010
A great series for me, especially the first half.

I will miss Hakaze.

The Golden Tree/Sword was kinda eh... though.
Sep 27, 2013 8:55 PM
Sep 2013
Very interesting and an absolute 10/10 anime
It was bittersweet to see Aika depart in such a way, the directors really know how to sucker punch people's hearts.
But i guess it ends where it all began, and it begins where it has ended.
Here's to Hakaze x Yoshino ( Aika will be missed )
Sep 29, 2013 7:17 AM

Sep 2011
Very interesting and cliffhanger doesn't exist here :D
Oct 6, 2013 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
I would be the best anime I've ever seen if it wasn't for the second half. But anyway, I think an anime should be rated by the journey itself and not judging episode by episode. And I've enjoyed this anime a lot, specially the OST which is in my opinion the best one I've ever heard by far, probably including videogames and movies.

I really hope there's another season or whatever where Mahiro gets the credit he deserves.

9/10

PS: The first half is a huge masterpiece in every f*** way.
Oct 18, 2013 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode to give space to later, leaves little room for maneuver in the initial part of the narrative. It follows a fight a little too hasty and dull , gosh ! The technique was great ! * _ *
Plot close completely, maybe there was a sequel in the series , the story ! Sad , I was fond of the various characters, abandoning them after so long leaves me a bit sad ! T_T
How are nervous about not having met the elusive Yu -chan and for not understanding who should meet Mahiro ! But above all, do not know , after the end of the main story , the stories of the various protagonists. Oh well , the manga goes on , who knows in the future!
Drawing really good, exuberant comedy throughout the episode .
Summing up, in the end even this latest series of Bones I liked , criticized in some points, but I would say microscopic defects . Technically it is maintained almost always valid , colors and scenery were bellini !
The character design I liked it very much! * _ *
Final rating 7/10...no , do 8/10 ! : D
Oct 21, 2013 7:20 AM

Jun 2013
10/10

A great series , totally one of my top.
First 13 episodes were intense , then it went into a slower pace plus a bit of Hanemura's comedic vibes then it went into a stage where it became motherfawking intense. Shit.

This is great.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 21, 2013 3:05 PM
Jun 2013
The only think i really didn't like is how the fight decreased in quality. Mahiro and Natsumura's way of fighting using speed and shields alone was good.

With the exodus magician's -> long range attacks + ridiculous destructive power; And the way hakaze use the shield (tentacles).
Oct 22, 2013 1:54 AM
Oct 2013
Amazing series.

Easily 10/10 for me, enjoyed it so much; the pace, art, character, plot and everything else seems perfect. Very intense first half, the second was much more calm and relaxing (but still enjoyable).

Spoiler for the last scene of the anime;
Oct 24, 2013 9:04 AM

Nov 2009
For being an "underrated" series I thought it would be amazing considering that it many claim it is underrated despite having a rating above 8 on MAL . . . To put it bluntly, it was okay. It wasn't "original" and after the first action scene I kind of lost interest since it stopped trying and instead went more along the lines of many other supernatural series where they just toss beams at eachother. By unoriginal I mean that A) Characters were not horrendous but nowhere near original (Mahiro's type is somewhat common, Yoshino is also common with the whole looks like a good guy but surprisingly manipulative, and of course Hakaze is extremely common. Then we have Aika, who perhaps was supposed to be original, however her character has been done quite a few times in manga before, where you have a character that the MC(s) thought was weak actually turn out to be some powerful person years after their death) . . . B) The plot, well the plot was also rather unoriginal, in fact it kind of follows the path of many Supernatural/Magic anime where some apocalyptic catastrophe needs fixing . . . Just think Kaze no Stigma and you got this anime with minor changes here and there.

I also had problems with the amount of plot holes, using something like time travel is an extremely dangerous thing to use, ESPECIALLY when you have to justify it logically, and furthermore justify the outcome of going back in time. Simply put, this anime didn't cover up the plot holes and actually came out with a sloppy solution to going back in time. Nor did it properly explain how anything could travel from one time to another whether it was voice or body, probably because their was no way to explain it if they are supposed to be using a power that affects the world's logic as little as possible. I just pray the manga did a better job of this.

So, considering all of that, I will actually be generous and give this a 7/10, however I bet if I read the manga the score would be a 5-6/10 since I am alot harsher with rating manga.
Nov 16, 2013 12:04 AM

May 2012
Kuchenlight said:
Brilliant and beautiful.
A true masterpiece on the level of Death Note and Code Geass imo.
Just more human and less theatrical.

9/10

yupp, well said.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Nov 18, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
reiben92 said:
Amazing series.

Easily 10/10 for me, enjoyed it so much; the pace, art, character, plot and everything else seems perfect. Very intense first half, the second was much more calm and relaxing (but still enjoyable).

Ditto. You said everything I want to.
Dec 20, 2013 10:09 PM

Sep 2010
Really wish it could have ended with Yoshino x Aika... Her character was perfect. It was such a shame she did not have much screen time..
Jan 18, 2014 1:52 PM
Apr 2011
Great anime in my opinion. The first half of this anime was a masterpiece, and though the second half didn't exceed the intensity and wonderful mastery of mindfucking as the half, it was still enjoyable and shed light on the social, and personal dynamic of the cast. It was great to see Aika in her full glory too. She is the most important character of the story, and they did her justice. I felt that the end was a bit anticlimatic, Zetsuen No Tempest didn't really pride themselves in action but rather story telling and I was a bit shocked by the rather quick and convenient end of the tree of genesis. Maybe, the animators wanted to get this anime done and over with? I also didn't like the ambiguous ending with Yoshino and Hazake...though from what I've read, the anime actually did a better job than the manga at showing what would happen with those too. I also do agree with what someone else said earlier that this story is essential about Aika, Mahiro, and Yoshino...and anything that happens after that is non related to this story, hence the reason why they didn't show Mahiro's new girlfriend, or Yoshino making a definite move with Hazake.

I'm rating this anime 10/10. Awesome watch, and it gave me full entertainment in all of my intrigues.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 22, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
reiben92 said:
Amazing series.

Yeah pretty much...you also get to see Mahiro's gf in the manga
Feb 1, 2014 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
Really enjoyed the first half but the rest was average.

8/10.
Feb 3, 2014 5:28 AM
Oct 2013
reiben92 said:
Amazing series.

I presume you haven't read the six manga specials yet? (The sixth in particular) Seems to me like a Hakaze and Yoshino ending.

Here's the summary of the sixth special: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=696243
Feb 7, 2014 5:12 PM

Jan 2012
good series overall...

best part was the argument before teleporting hakaze into the barrel for the first time..

very anti-climatic snorefest ending

I also don't give a shit about shakespeare stuff

8/10
Mar 8, 2014 8:20 PM

Apr 2009
And that's how you defeat a tree! :)

I prefer the first half of this series. Overall i will give this a 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2014 5:58 PM

Apr 2013
Nice ep. Hanemura pulled himself together and defeated the tree. Everybody lost his magic and they are gonna live a normal life.
That final message. I'm gonna miss Aika.
Soooo Mashiro is on his way to make a girlfriend heh? Yoshino and Hakaze are also together and good.
Mar 25, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2012
that ending was way too proper.

AIKA NUDE out of 10
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 2, 2014 12:40 AM

Jan 2013
That was a good ending...
Pretty good anime over all ^^.
All the quotes and Aika :D
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Apr 4, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2013
Yeaaaaap good pacing, everything's in the right dose.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Apr 6, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2012
Omg, awesome ending for an awesome series <3
Will miss so much this characters :'(

09/10!
Apr 13, 2014 1:26 AM

Feb 2014
It would have been better if we saw Aika's nude body lol!

Good series but I prefer the first arc though.
Apr 17, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
Awww no kiss... ok then... :( They had to tease us about it to the very end! Kinda like Aika-chan!

Great series though!And it's rare to see a proper ending that doesn't leave things just hanging. I'll give it an 8 or a 9.
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Apr 18, 2014 11:08 PM

Jul 2011
I marathoned the shit out of this anime holy crap what an amazing series 9/10.
Apr 19, 2014 6:58 AM

Mar 2014
I LOVE THIS ANIME!! It is by far one of the best animes ive watched ever! Really like how the ending isnt rushed and how the whole story actually went. The drama here and there, the romance between the 4 is simply moving. Together with the action and plot moving forward. Really an awesome anime! I love how it ended with the anime leaving the viewers with a slight hint of sadness with Aika's death yet at the same time happiness with Hakane, Yoshino and Mahiro's ending. All in all i'd give this anime a 10/10!!
Although... It would be sooo much better if they'd at least showed a kiss scene between Yoshino and Hakane at the end ;D
If anime characters were real, i'd probably be the happiest person alive! Or just dead.... ^_^

Apr 24, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
This was a great anime! Considering the plot I think the title of this anime should have been "My Sister's Boyfriend" or "Tree Wars" LOL. I like how they divided the first part with action/adventure and the second part with romance/drama. The recap episode was irrelevant. Overall great show! 8/10
May 16, 2014 12:04 AM

Mar 2012
Was definitely a great show, i'm a bit surprised i overlooked this show for so long, oh well, i was a bit worried about this show going off of "logic"...especially when it came to the middle of the series, i had flash blacks to the last show i watched focusing in on "logic", Umineko no Naku Koro ni, and man was i hoping this wouldn't end up turning out like that disastrous show. Luckily it wasn't anything like it, and so far, has become my third favorite anime i've watched this year so far. 9/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 20, 2014 9:32 AM

Jun 2011
Like a few others on top ^, I prefer the first half much more, everything was pretty good there. Anyway chill ending, Mahiro continues to be my favourite character, following up with Hanemura. Until the very end, I never cared much for Hakaze's crush for Yoshino, and all those Shakespeare references.

Hanemura was pretty fucking badass when he pulled out that huge ass sword of Exodus or w/e to defeat the tree, although random and out of nowhere.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 21, 2014 8:01 AM
Feb 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Like a few others on top ^, I prefer the first half much more, everything was pretty good there. Anyway chill ending, Mahiro continues to be my favourite character, following up with Hanemura. Until the very end, I never cared much for Hakaze's crush for Yoshino, and all those Shakespeare references.

Hanemura was pretty fucking badass when he pulled out that huge ass sword of Exodus or w/e to defeat the tree, although random and out of nowhere.

i agree with the part about Hanemura pulling out the sword. thought for a second when Yoshino was remembering his girlfriends words was when he awakened the previously hypothesized heart of exodus. unfortunatly that was not the case. towards the end i just saw the duo as nothing but pawns for the bigger players.
May 26, 2014 2:57 AM

Dec 2010
9/10. Really, REALLY good stuff.
Jun 1, 2014 5:30 PM

Jan 2013
I liked first part of the series quite a bit, but second was a disaster.
After 11th episode it was hard for me to belive, that im watching the same show.
Anyway, last episode was good conclusion to the story and i liked it much better than most of earlier episodes.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Jun 5, 2014 11:52 PM

May 2012
You guys know what could be more troll,

- If Aika is such a powerful mage, she could just fake her death, considering how smart she is and how she is such a troller

- If Hakaze can come from future to the past, its not possible that Aika had gone to the future, thats why she looks calm when Hakaze tell her that she was going to die, or she probably seen the future if SHE HAD LIVED, but again this would bring again to my point no 1.

- and one day Hakaze end up dating Yoshino and they go on a date, imagine Aika passing them by like a boss hahah that would be epic kehkehkeh
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 20, 2014 9:10 PM

Jun 2014
6/10 I'm really disappointed.

the ep 12 was the best, after that it was a disaster. Im stupid to compare it to Death Note bcuz of that ep. Action/fantasy/psychological turn to Romance dafuq and im sick of Aika's backstory.
Jun 21, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2012
I really liked this anime. Good mix of action/drama/romance.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 29, 2014 1:52 AM
May 2014
Guys this anime was good , but what you think , will the 2nd season come out?:S
Jul 4, 2014 3:12 AM
May 2014
An anime which doesn't end with a tragedy. Though missed the kiss.
Jul 17, 2014 12:41 AM

Apr 2010
Hm oh man, I'm so conflicted. I totally would ship Yoshino with Mahiro because of bromance. But I also like Yoshino being with Hakaze. . . God dammit.

Anyway! It was quite a good ending, I'm glad Yoshino didn't die still and it didn't end in some kind of tragedy. The ending got me sulky abit!
Jul 20, 2014 6:54 AM

Dec 2013
Lol Aika that troll
Yoshino x Hakaze was kinda meh but I guess any other ending would not fit with that Aika drama going on for 24 episodes.

The plot of the show was stupid as hell with some interesting twists.
First half was pretty boring, but the second half made up for it. I didn't like the Hamlet quotes spamming. Characters were cool. Didn't like the OST. 7/10 Good overall

Fu people. You made me search for manga ending spoilers and now I can't throw it out of my head :/ I like the anime ending much more
AizixJul 20, 2014 7:28 AM
Jul 24, 2014 8:59 AM
Jan 2010
I think a lot of people haven't understood the reason for cutting off before a kiss/hug/whatever else. I can only speak on the anime of course, but the whole idea was that despite all of this fate and grand power, despite the magic and the manipulation of god like beings, what it all came down to wasn't the Mages or the trees or politics or philosophy or any grand idea, it was just two normal boys who were dragged in by something as simple as love.

Two powerless people, who knew nothing changed the course of fate. The whole story was Yoshino, Aika and Mahiro's. Once the situation was resolved and Yoshino was moving on passed Aika the story had ended. Their story is a different one and was just starting. Showing a kiss or anything else wouldn't have been this story, it would have been something after it.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

279 by argy97 »»
Jun 9, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

147 by argy97 »»
Jun 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

230 by argy97 »»
Jun 8, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.