Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2020 9:24 PM
Mar 2015
The Witches Tea Party was amazing Glad he did not contract with her
Sep 23, 2020 9:37 PM
Feb 2020
Natsu-Yuu said:
So they picked Tohru's voice actress for Carmilla, huh? When you compare both of their stutterings, I can kind of see that. Carmilla is a whole other level though.

Echidna's speech scene was perfect. I love all scenes with her, she's definitely a well-written character.

5/5
i knew I heard her before
Sep 23, 2020 9:39 PM

Mar 2019
One more reason to still being #TeamBeatrice.

I chose you and i still choose you, Betty.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 23, 2020 10:04 PM

Sep 2018
Man, this show just keeps getting better. As an anime only, I'm very satisfied with this season, better than the previous season IMO. I thought Subaru was over the top in Season one, now I feel the way they emotionally portray him throughout the show is brilliant.
Sep 23, 2020 10:09 PM

May 2015
Echidna's facade was pretty noticeable until this point but she did genuinely "love" Subaru as much as a person of her qualities could. There's no way anyone should take that deal though and her "giving her body" to Subaru doesn't mean much when they fall out of love

Sep 23, 2020 10:13 PM

May 2015
Atlas77 said:
She’s offering her body Subaru, just accept. It’s me, or the voice tormenting Subaru was himself. The episode title made sense in the end; all the witches reunited. I didn’t understand the whole pact thing, Echidna was going to live in his soul or something, cause she was going to experiment everything that Subaru lives from now on, or something like that, and she won’t give him power but information. Satella appeared, excited for the interactions, the season is going to end, and we’re struck in the same place.
Yes essentially. They'd be soul bonded so he can always immediately escape into her world for anything. Meanwhile, she'll have every experience/feeling that he has. Echidna wouldn't directly obstruct Subaru but its to her benefit to get Subaru to die as many times as possible for him to reach a "perfect reality" while also gaining knowledge.

Sep 23, 2020 10:25 PM

Jun 2013
I am living for these witches of sin. Echidna, Carmilla, Sekhmet, the bushy-browed Minerva, the adorable Daphne and Typhon. I saw a pic of Sekhmet before but she's even hotter now that she's animated with a sexy seiyuu to fit her character. I love how crazy Echidna is, she is the witch of greed after all. Subaru acting so shocked when that's what she's known for.

Still, despite Echidna being one of my newer best girls, I still hate her for making Beatrice, my ultimate best girl, for suffering. She is greedy and it's in her nature so I don't expect her to become a good person at all.

Anyways, I loved that cliffhanger. Satella has joined the chat! I also liked seeing the "unthinkable present" and always wondered how they would've reacted to Subaru's death. I wish we could've seen more. Honestly, after the witch tea party, that was the best part.
BibimbapskiSep 23, 2020 10:40 PM
臭い-
Sep 23, 2020 10:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020

Where was this damn long text appeared on these episode? I couldn't comprehend it. Lol
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 23, 2020 10:32 PM

May 2014
Loved seeing Rem again, even if she was just a fake. The first half of this episode really had me on edge, it was that great.

It was a little hard for me to comprehend everything that was going on during the witch segment. I love how chaotic they are, but it can definitely lead to some confusing interactions. Though maybe that's just me lol. Anyway, I still got the gist of it and even though it was obvious the Echidna was going to reveal her true witch nature, I personally didn't see it as a "gasp, she's evil!" type of reveal. It was more like her still trying to be helpful to Subaru, but only doing it to satisfy her greed, which was an approach that I liked. Sorta mirrored what Roswaal was saying in that Subaru would have to find the one best solution for him but without taking the best path to get there. Good stuff.
HellLyterSep 25, 2020 5:55 PM
Sep 23, 2020 10:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, Subaru learnt a new thing from Roswaal, obviously. Its about time since he just completely a madness partisan, at his own best. He decided a better thing now, to complete a trial first, which was great too. Its different from before, and i am completely intrigueing. What i got? Another new thing. An unknownable event after Subaru's death? Damn, its hard to be watched. I am surely feel that Subaru mental got decreasing by seeing all of it. However, i don't see any resolution among it, until Rem appeared. The fuck, Rem?

Ofc it was not her! She was, yeah, another witch. She was a typical moe-blob, full of cuteness with a cute interaction. The title of her just did not suit at all, like the witch of wrath which was made me laughed for a while. Its fun, when seeing all of the witches together, united, at one places. I do wonder, how could they make it like that, more importantly with that Satella at the end? Maybe the last episode had some explanations over it? Lets see, then! Also, Carmilla apparently became my best witch! I am very sad that her appearance just served too little than i can anticipated. I am very sure that if she appeared more frequently, i may changed my best girl into her! So far, its still Emillia, and Betty.

Okay, focusing a matter again. Finally, Echidna revealed her true self as detailled as possible to Subaru, while myself couldn't aggree more with her greedy style that wanted to devouring all of the knowledges Subaru had via his RbD. By far, She even willing to present his own body for the sake of satisfaction and to be the reciprocal of equal benefits for Subaru, and herself, which was indeed clearly stated how crazy she was. However, Subaru already stated his mind. She wanted to help Beatrice? Obviously, you dammit, just do it! Then, the damn jealousy witch arrived without any invitation to give some irritating view to the groups. What a sweet situations! More importantly, what a great party tea i've ever seen!

Thats it for me.
The next is the last. So, i hope its give me a great punch!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 23, 2020 11:23 PM
Jul 2019
What an interesting episode, was completely hooked. We were shown the multiple possibilities after Subaru's death which raised a question, is it really a possibility? Think like a computer, once it shuts down everything else will shut down as well. Is it the same for Subaru too? Will everything end or will it leave Subaru behind and continue? Will the world keep on moving without Subaru? It's very similar to a false awakening as well. You die, but turns out that was only a dream, die again, dream again and so on. What do you think?

The Witch of Greed finally acts like a witch. To be honest, Echidna's such a well written character. She's always consistent, doesn't break character and is highly believable. Any greedy person will go through everything just to obtain what they want and I can see that in Echidna. She ain't morally right, but still makes sense. Though I am curious what led to them being what they are now. Why are they the way they are? What happened for this to happen? I'm becoming like her myself, looking for answers.
Sep 24, 2020 12:28 AM
Dec 2019
i have always wondered what the reaction of people after Subaru dies would be like. and the episode did not disappoint!

It was good to see the witches gather at the same point, but man Satella is so intimidating even if she did only appear for a few seconds.
Sep 24, 2020 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
One episode left... I don't want this to end!

I know for sure I won't be able to wait until the second cour of this season without the urge to read the light novels.

Why can't all episodes just pop into existence? We live in an imperfect world.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Sep 24, 2020 1:13 AM

Feb 2015
"all of the witches have gathered to subaru"
Me: aight, sit your ass down and talk! tell me everything
Sep 24, 2020 1:29 AM

Feb 2015
badabass said:

Where was this damn long text appeared on these episode? I couldn't comprehend it. Lol

Confessing your love to your crush be like
Sep 24, 2020 1:31 AM

Jan 2020
Yayy!!! Tella is here
Sep 24, 2020 1:43 AM

Jul 2014
swordmaster2551 said:
Rob7 said:

Hey, you there are foreshadowing this sword like hell, right?

But fine, it is not a spoiler since Reinhard is the Hero, and Be the Hero and use a Hero Overpower Sword is all he can be.

Just as Novel Readets, and Be a Novel Reader spoiling stuff in anime discussion is all Novel Readers can be.

Lol

Didn't Wilhelm talk about that sword or reinhard during the elsa fight? I really felt like they talked about it in s1
Yes, Reinhard said this back in season 1.

"You are exactly as... no, you are more than rumours say." said Elsa.
"I can only hope that I will not disappoint the hopes placed in me." replied Reinhard.
"Are you not going to use the sword? I wanted to taste its legendary blade." asked the woman, pointing the finger at the weapon hanging by the young man's side.
"This sword is designed in such a way that it can only be drawn when necessary. Since it hasn't started to slide out of the scabbard by itself, it's not time yet."
"I think it underestimates me."
"For me personally it's not the best situation either, so let me ..."
Reinhard suddenly looked away from her and looked around the room. Finally his gaze lingered on an old two-handed sword leaning against the wall. The youth kicked its hilt, sending it flying. He easily grabbed the spinning weapon and swung it testily.

mozgowSep 24, 2020 1:53 AM
Sep 24, 2020 2:31 AM

Jan 2016
MegamiRem said:
Wait uh so wth he wasn't going back in time but was going in other paralal worlds? This is the type of stuff I absolutely despise in time travel series. Wtf is the point of even going back in time then ffs.

String theory's effect on scifi is ruining plots.
Sep 24, 2020 2:36 AM
Jun 2017
ALL WITCHES ASSEMBLE!!!! The whole re zero witches are here and EVEN SATELLA appeared at the last part...

that 1st half is crazy--- showing subaru what happens when he dies--- thats too much to be seen by subaru.... its so depressing and sad...

and by the way how dare carmilla disguise as REM!!!... hahaha

NEXT WEEK IS THE LAST EPISODE.. LETS SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Sep 24, 2020 2:42 AM

Jul 2014
I mean, it's been a pretty obvious possibility for a while that Echidna has just been playing Subaru like a fiddle, expertly stringing him along without telling him everything in search of her ideal outcome in the form of this contract. However, that obviousness was only based on the fact that she's a Witch representing one of the seven deadly sins, as the show has done what it could up to now to show her as an ideal confidant for Subaru and even showed the other Witches as largely misunderstood, with good intentions gone wrong. That encouraged us to think that the Witches besides Satella weren't as bad as the lore implied, but not anymore. Now, the mask is off and we know Echidna for what she truly is: an evil Witch better off dead and better off kept well away from Subaru's immense power to shape the world. I have zero doubts that, if Subaru signed the contract with her, she'd just take control or something and shape her own "best future", rather than the one Subaru desires.

That being said, it's interesting that the other five Witches came to intervene and stop Echidna from luring Subaru in. We still don't know much about Sekhmet and Carmilla to judge on, but we do at least know that Typhon has a penchant for violence and Daphne is so dangerous as to need to be sealed in that crazy coffin, so seeing those two intervene with the rest really makes me curious about the internal dynamics of the Witches as a group: Echidna seems to stand alone from the other 5 and is apparently mistrusted by all of them, so she must be far worse than any of them are.
Besides that situation, the only hint we have to work on there so far is the group's reaction to Satella's arrival: Carmilla is terrified, Typhon is excited, Echidna seems furious (although that could just be because Subaru rejected the contract), Sekhmet seems unfased (though she is Sloth, so may just not react with much passion one way or the other) and Minerva seems braced for things to go south.

Back to the trial, this second one is several magnitudes harsher than the first, at least for Subaru specifically: his new mindset saw him more willing to accept failed loops if he could get something useful out of it to eventually work towards his ideal conclusion, but he hasn't once considered the possibility that things continue after his death. And while we still don't know for sure if that is the case or not, the possibility shakes Subaru to his very core, especially given that Emilia is almost always there to see his deaths in the hypothetical continuations: the last person Subaru wants to cause to suffer is Emilia, and that feeling has surely only intensified after seeing her mindbroken form last week.

As for Satella's appearance in Echidna's realm, I'm honestly surprised that she hasn't been able to appear there sooner, though perhaps she's only been attracted to it because all six others are gathered there. Whatever the case may be, it'll be interesting to see just how she acts this time beyond her singular obsession with Subaru. Whatever happens, I can only assume that it won't end well and that she won't provide an answer to whether the timelines continue after his death (my gut feeling is that she herself doesn't even care about that, as she's only concerned with the results Subaru is able to get).

We're in for an interesting finale to this cour, and an interesting halfway point for this arc.
Sep 24, 2020 3:15 AM

Jul 2014
Satella hype!!!
That aside, I don't know if its my bias towards Echidna and her seiyuu Sakamoto Maaya or not but I really dont see any problem with her proposal... she's offering everything she has, LITERALLY EVERYTHING, her body, knowledge that consists for God knows how long that would definitely be of help to someone like Subaru who has none in this fantasy world, he'd have a gateway to escape all that shit and just have a tea with her anytime and if he's horny enough, poke her here and there, technically speaking this is not a bad deal at all, but Subaru's mental strength is pretty subpar so I guess thats what makes it a big deal for him, I dont know but if its me in his position I probably woulda accepted, albeit I wouldnt follow everything she says, just use her knowledge and have my own judgement too and talk to her about it, also couldnt he like.. negotiate? like have a limit on how many times she can have me RbD? I mean at least try, even if she doesnt accept lol.
Pretty funny when Subaru told her "You're supposed to get angry now!" Echidna was just staring at him with a smile and suddenly showed "anger" lol, she really does listen.
Another reason why Im fine with her is she doesnt exactly have malice in her intentions, not her fault she doesnt understand human emotions, which is why she wants to learn them now I guess. Also she did show some emotions, when Satella popped out she was fuming.
The whole thing with Beatrice was a little weird too... while Echidna did give her an order its Beako's fault for not picking someone, knowing Echidna she probably just said that in a non serious manner anyways, why'd she have to take her seriously to the point of wanting to die lol, thats on her for assuming some prophecy shit with the "right person" but ofc, we know now that it'll def be Subaru, so in a way... it'll all end well right? Im actually surprised Echidna's answer to that was *how wonderful* while mine was *that dumb bitch* lol.
True enough death is a very scary thing, but that merely applies to us because we are bound to die and not know what happens to us, Subaru on the other hand KNOWS there is no limit to his RbD, he will not die in a way we do, my mind wouldnt break from that even if certain loved ones die in the route I've been in cause the moment I die I'll just get to see em again (minus the Rem thing, dude was too late for that) but imagine.. if Echidna was there during the whole Rem thing Subaru woulda got an ending where Rem wasnt a veggie, probably woulda died a thousand times tho but I'd def take that slight pain if it means I get the ending where people I care about not get Rem'd over.

Overall I find Echidna a more appealing character more than ever, surprisingly enough this ep just made me like her more.
She's more of a chaotic neutral character now, me like that!
-StraySep 24, 2020 3:30 AM
Sep 24, 2020 3:46 AM

Dec 2008
If the flashback parts with outcomes of his previous deaths are not a way to break his mind but are true, then the possibility of him jumping to parallel universes instead of travelling in time will later down the line have quite a serious consequence for Subaru. Also, it turns out that he is the kind of person who never reads the small text and despises manuals. Constantly getting back from death should've taught him to be more suspicious.
Sep 24, 2020 4:02 AM

Oct 2019
Edchina's dialogue scene was incredible! They really pulled a shaft scene out of that one.
Sep 24, 2020 4:46 AM
Sep 2020
MegamiRem said:
Wait uh so wth he wasn't going back in time but was going in other paralal worlds? This is the type of stuff I absolutely despise in time travel series. Wtf is the point of even going back in time then ffs.

That's not even confirmed. Remember, that most of the trials are made from his memories. So Echdina just recreated those for the sake of the test.
Sep 24, 2020 4:56 AM

Mar 2014
BEHOLD AN UNTHINKABLE PRESENT

goddamn it, I always thought Subaru's failed worlds had a real chance of still existing, but seeing everyone's reactions to Subaru's gruesome deaths, especially Emilia's, is heartbreaking.

Looking forward to Satella's conversation with the witches and possibly Subaru.
Sep 24, 2020 4:59 AM
Feb 2016
A few things people didn't seem to understand or pick up on or question (Im anime only)

1) That voice (Behold an unthinkable present) made me think of Regulus

2) Puck said back in S1 that Reinhardt would be the one to kill him. And yes, he will use Reid to do it.

3) The trial, while the validity of it was left ambiguous, seemed to have been made to convince Subaru to accept Echidna's proposal. So whether it was real or not is something that only Satella would know (meaning she could have unknowingly showed Subaru what Satella saw through her Authority of Return By Death).

4) The Witch Of Lust, if you kissed her, she'd literally take your breath away. Her intent was to give love to things that couldn't have love. So the reverse is true - she can take love/life away from those that feel it.

5) Echidna is playing with pieces of her hair. She must have put the strands in her tea. Or the strands became the other Witches.

6) So Archbishops don't form contracts with Witches. Interesting. What makes them one? Or maybe they can have multiple contracts at once? Or is it all predicated on the Gospel? Betelgeuse was the Archbishop of Sloth but he had undying love to Satella, not Sekhmet, though that might be because Satella killed and absorbed her.

7) The reason why Subaru asked Echidna about Beatrice was because how she treated her (as a test subject) is how she will view and treat Subaru. She's willing to trade her body, mind, and soul in order to get what she wants. However, she's superficial. What's stopping her from encouraging Subaru to experiment on timelines and making Subaru's life a living hell until he resembles Roswaal? That's what the Tomb Of Wisdom turned Roswaal into. Imagine what would bonding with the one who made it turn the person into.

8) The tea party is definitely reoccurring, but Satella arriving is interesting. You'd think they'd all hate her since she killed them. Echidna, Minevera, and Carmila were all on edge. Sekhmet was over it. Daphne was revved up, and Typhon was all smiles. Very interesting. Subaru should be glad that he was given an Authority by the HWIC
(Head Witch In Charge).

That's all I have for now. Again, another masterpiece of an episode.
Sep 24, 2020 5:15 AM
Sep 2008
mozgow said:
swordmaster2551 said:

Didn't Wilhelm talk about that sword or reinhard during the elsa fight? I really felt like they talked about it in s1
Yes, Reinhard said this back in season 1.

"You are exactly as... no, you are more than rumours say." said Elsa.
"I can only hope that I will not disappoint the hopes placed in me." replied Reinhard.
"Are you not going to use the sword? I wanted to taste its legendary blade." asked the woman, pointing the finger at the weapon hanging by the young man's side.
"This sword is designed in such a way that it can only be drawn when necessary. Since it hasn't started to slide out of the scabbard by itself, it's not time yet."
"I think it underestimates me."
"For me personally it's not the best situation either, so let me ..."
Reinhard suddenly looked away from her and looked around the room. Finally his gaze lingered on an old two-handed sword leaning against the wall. The youth kicked its hilt, sending it flying. He easily grabbed the spinning weapon and swung it testily.

Thank you, I haven't read the LN so I was wondering how I was being somewhat spoilery?
Sep 24, 2020 5:19 AM
Sep 2008
Bibimbapski said:
I am living for these witches of sin. Echidna, Carmilla, Sekhmet, the bushy-browed Minerva, the adorable Daphne and Typhon. I saw a pic of Sekhmet before but she's even hotter now that she's animated with a sexy seiyuu to fit her character. I love how crazy Echidna is, she is the witch of greed after all. Subaru acting so shocked when that's what she's known for.

Still, despite Echidna being one of my newer best girls, I still hate her for making Beatrice, my ultimate best girl, for suffering. She is greedy and it's in her nature so I don't expect her to become a good person at all.

Anyways, I loved that cliffhanger. Satella has joined the chat! I also liked seeing the "unthinkable present" and always wondered how they would've reacted to Subaru's death. I wish we could've seen more. Honestly, after the witch tea party, that was the best part.

That's the thing Beatrice could have been free by now, all she had to do was give away the library. She's in a trap of her own design, her reliance on the tome has driven her to this conclusion.
Sep 24, 2020 5:22 AM

Mar 2020
as expected of this anime , it covers so much stuff .
didnt expect them to show us what the realities Subaru died in would look like after
and i think we all (anime viewers) kinda expected Echidna to do something like that at some point , the party seemed fun and here comes an unexpected expected guest
damn Season 2 part 1 is almost over , cant wait for the next one
Sep 24, 2020 5:45 AM

Oct 2016
Behold an Unthinkable Present.

That was an amazing episode, this whole season has been amazing every episode felt super important, there was something big always going on, like Jesus chill. I can't wait for the last episode and I can't wait for part 2.

As for the episode itself damn, seeing Rem not be a vegetable actually made me miss her.

That Echidna speech was fucking amazing and I heard her VA did it all in one take. It's no surprise that Echidna was using Subaru because of his Return By Death she is the Witch of Greed after all.

Oh boy all the witches are gathered and even Satella arrived, can't wait for what happens next episode.
Sep 24, 2020 6:07 AM
Feb 2016
What a way for the cliffhanger. Ngl, these last two episodes really make me feeling piss at subaru. Really enjoy the plot of rezero but sometimes some aspect just rub me off the other way.
Sep 24, 2020 6:11 AM

Oct 2017
@dioufs @Rob7 @Cormac07 @Kachter @ttcchen @Araphaenon Sorry I posted my initial comment after I watched the episode in raw but I just watched the episode with subs a few moments earlier and everything makes sense. Thnx for explaining anyway.
Sep 24, 2020 6:38 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah.. Other people reactions around to Subaru's death would be a nice thing to get as well, what we're getting now.. I guess, we didn't get it before, because anime has been from Subaru's point of view so far mostly, I guess?.. Or it just wouldn't feel as impactful, if they'd show this every time?.. I wonder, how it'd feel to see more reactions of others to Subaru's death..
So.. Subaru just listens to pluses of forming contract with Echidna, but doesn't even at least try to ask about what is in there for her?.. What she would get?.. Like.. Subaru so spacing out is very very strange, really..
And other witches just want to tell that there is something more, but actually don't tell, what more there is?.. This whole contract forming is very weird, and doesn't make too much sense..
Well, yeah, it was pretty clear that Echidna was the one who said Beatrice to stay in the library waiting for certain someone..
And truth be told.. It indeed is partially Beatrice's responsibility to take someone as one person and stuff.. Though, also their world magic, and vows, and promises, and stuff might work really different than our world ones.. So our logic might not really apply to their world logic.. Like.. In our world there wouldn't be such a thing as unbreakable promise in the first place.. And if in their world breaking promise ends up in death or something for example.. Or even worse, like getting your soul cursed in next life, or whatever else thing.. Then it's completely different thing.. But we have no idea, really, how promises function in their world of magic, really.. As well as we have no idea, how contracts with witch work as well..
Only thing clear, I guess, is that Echidna likes satisfying her curiosity, fantasies, and stuff.. I guess, she'd need to start playing visual novels or something.. ;D Girl, if you're into some fucked up stuff, there is fiction for that, you know.. ;P
And.. Hi, Satella! What's up?.. ;P Came to drink some tea with us?.. Hopefully, you brought some good cookies with you.. Or did dark side ran out of cookies?.. Well, hopefully not.. But if anything, welcome, welcome, as you are.. ;P
Sep 24, 2020 6:41 AM

Mar 2016
Well well well, the thoughts that must be in the back of many people's head is shown. The question of "What if the world didn't reset after Subaru died?" "How would the other characters react to his death?"
Well, it's still just a possibility that those alternative realities exist. But the reality of the present world is that Subaru is now slightly being warier of just dying and leaving everyone behind.

I have to give some props to Echidna, she's straight-up telling Subaru that she will be his girl is he will be her man that'll sate her curiosity. If Subaru were to never have met Rem, Emilia or Betty, I have little doubt that he would reject such a favourable contract. But then again... If he had never met those other girls, I doubt that he'd even be here in the first place.

Aw shit, look who decided to crash the Witch's Tea Party!!! The most heinous and powerful of them all, the witch that has given Subaru the power that stood above all, the one and only Witch of Envy!
Next ep we'll finally be able to see a conversation with her and I'm extremely eager to see that...
Sep 24, 2020 7:27 AM

Apr 2016
LMAO Satella be like ''I'm about to beat this bitch up'' she walked in like a gangsta
Sep 24, 2020 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
I'm beyond thrilled watching this episode as it's the first time since this season that I've understood everything that's happening on screen.
Really looking forward to the next episode, it will be the first time we see Satella as herself instead of in that creepy form.
Sep 24, 2020 8:14 AM
Apr 2019
Just as I expected, Echidna isn't really that too much good of a person after all, since she's a witch. Can't wait to see Satella in action.
Sep 24, 2020 8:41 AM

Sep 2019
I was thinking the last episode was the best of this season but nope this one is far surpassed it.
Sep 24, 2020 8:48 AM

Sep 2019
Victor_XP said:
MegamiRem said:
Wait uh so wth he wasn't going back in time but was going in other paralal worlds? This is the type of stuff I absolutely despise in time travel series. Wtf is the point of even going back in time then ffs

"It's a thoroughly well-constructed unreality." - Echidna.
Nothing's been confirmed yet.
but that theory sounds more suitable then going back in time!
Sep 24, 2020 10:16 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Natsu-Yuu said:
So they picked Tohru's voice actress for Carmilla, huh? When you compare both of their stutterings, I can kind of see that. Carmilla is a whole other level though.

Would have been epic if Carmilla would have pulled one of Tohru’s signature white-eyed-shock expressions 😆
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 24, 2020 10:33 AM
Mar 2019
Man i just knew she was gonna be a bitch,I knew it
Sep 24, 2020 10:42 AM

Aug 2018
26 minutes of pure episode : no summary, no opening, no ending, no cutscene with the anime's name showing up, nothing like that. Pure happiness in short, those 26 minutes flew at light's speed.

Very good episode, we eventually met all the Witches and I can't wait for Satella's proper introduction next week !
Sep 24, 2020 11:38 AM
Aug 2020
Torkip said:
Rob7 said:
Oh, so it would not be even "Re", neither "Zero" anymore.

More like "That Time I Got Reincarnated in Another Timeline Dimension Again. And Again. And Again..."

The beggining of this episode ALMOST confirmed my theory from July. But as Echidna said, it just was made from Subaru's memories.

Come on, if a history is about "TIME TRAVEL", so it is not far from this kind of plot.

My surprise is that i didn't believe that this aspect would come to the CENTER of Re:Zero plot this way. Of course, as an artifice from Tappei only for bring more psychological torment to our best boi Subaru, in this "Evangelion" of Isekai.

And now in this season i could add a lot more of "paralel" realities, but one worse than the other.

In the last one literally everybody in Roswaal's territory died! (Sanctuary + Mansion + Village).

Pretty sure Emilia still dies in the loops Subaru dies in arc 1. Even if she gets there in time, she’ll still run into Elsa. And I’m pretty sure that most times when something bad happens to Subaru, Emilia decides to drop out of the election cuz she’s depressed.

Regarding timeline 4, in the WN they inform Emilia of what happened. (fav reality, but was cut sadly lol). Emilia is angry cuz Rem brutalized Subaru, and asked why she did so. Rem cannot explain herself, as truthfully she was angry at Subaru for smelling and jealous of the time he spent with her sister. Emilia asked if she made a mistake, but Rem can’t lie, and it leaves Emilia really sad. She decides she cannot work with them anymore, she doesn’t trust them. Roswaal attempts to convince her that it was not that big a deal and that’s it childish to drop out of the race and ruin her own chances, just cuz of Subaru. Emilia slaps him, asks Rem for Subaru’s body to bury back home, thanks them for the opportunity and that she will find her own way to fulfill her goals, and leaves while lamenting the fact she failed Subaru and couldn’t do anything.

Wow. Thats a lot more intense reaction from her than I would have expected at that time. Reaction yes, but not that drastic.

Araphaenon said:
Hm, this episode... was not everything I hoped it would be, but it was still nice.

The second trial was, unfortunately very rushed, more like a slideshow than anything. I know it was already cut down in the LN from the WN version, but in the anime, it seemed to have been compressed even more. Except for the two timelines that were entirely omitted in the LN, but were sort of shown here at the end (right before the actual slideshow began), but so little was included of them that they might as well not have been there.

In the novel, not only was the trial very impactful, but also very informative. We got to see and hear lots of interesting pieces of information that we would not otherwise get from perspectives that we don't normally see. Here, all we've seen of the continuations of the timelines was stuff we would've guessed on our own, save for some small clues in the one with Reinhard -- but even that was cut down and lacking impact. In the WN, the second trial was 3 entire chapters' worth of content, and all of it felt significant. By reducing most scenes to the absolute bare minimum, occasionally showing just the beginning, all of the trial's purpose in the story was pertaining to its effect on Subaru's mental state, and even that was lessened because we haven't really been given the time to empathize. When reading, one did indeed feel like Subaru has been watching this for hours, the way the world continued after each of his deaths. That was not really possible when we rushed through it in like 5 minutes.

So yeah, I really strongly recommend reading chapter 69 to 72 of the WN for anyone because that felt a lot more... complete.

(Tangentially related remark: earlier I've been imagining it would've been a cool way to end an episode on the "Liar" scene, seeing Emilia crying over Subaru's corpse, similar to how the respective WN chapter ended. Clearly that was not possible now, and in any case it was either ending on that or the "kiss of death", so yeah, fair enough I guess.)

After the trial, the Rem scene was, like, I don't know. It needed to be there, but it felt like they were trying to make that more impactful than the trial itself, and that just felt wrong, it also fell a bit flat, and reusing the music from the earlier Echidna scene made that less unique in retrospect -- though since both were Echidna trying to comfort him, directly or indirectly, that was an understandable and respectable artistic choice. (Personal feelings -- that there is really nothing new to say about the character of Rem at this point in the story -- notwithstanding.) So yeah, that felt a bit painful in a bad way, though that's more because it came right after the rushed trial.

Now as for what is to come, I'm not going to speculate much because spoilers, I just hope the studio won't (well, didn't) try to cram too much into the last episode. There is a perfectly nice potential end-of-cour moment in sight, let them just be satisfied with that.

Im not a LN/WN reader and not just this part but the entire episode still feels rushed to me. The thing is in creating 24-30 min episodes it was never going to be long. They were never going to use a full episode for Subaru to suffer through all the possibilities of what happened after he died each time. The only way to correct that would have been had they made hour long episodes, the. You could have had 30-45 mins to make him suffer and drew it all out to the Rem/Witch of Lust scene. So even without reading anything I know there would be huge tone of info that didnt make it in.

The kiss of death was a much more impactful scene to end an episode on than the lier scene imho. The "lier" impact in the story while greatly conveyed and felt, doesnt have the impact that Subaru dieing right after his first kiss from Emilia. So I would say that they picked the perfect break there.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeSep 24, 2020 1:22 PM
Sep 24, 2020 12:39 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Damn, it was really emotional for me to see those post-Subaru death reactions of these characters we have learned to know and love. Also it was nice to see all the witches of sin together. Finally we got to see the witch of sloth and the witch of lust. And then we get to see Echidna's true nature. And fuck she's so cruel for making Beatrice wait forever for "that person" when there never really was anyone. Finally, we get to see Satella coming in for the witches' meeting.
Sep 24, 2020 12:39 PM
Mar 2015
Usaka_ said:
The kiss of death was a much more impactful scene to end an episode on than the lier scene imho. The "lier" impact in the story while greatly conveyed and felt, doesnt have the impact that Subaru dieing right after his first kiss from Emilia. So I would say that they picked the perfect break there.

Yeah, that's why I said fair enough. In the WN it was chapter 68 ending on the kiss of death, and chapter 69 on the "liar" scene, so best of both worlds in a sense. I suppose it was just amusing to imagine the community collectively going "oh f***" for an entire week after seeing that at the end. ;) But I agree that the kiss of death scene was masterfully done and it was a beautiful ending.
Sep 24, 2020 12:41 PM
Aug 2020
Rob7 said:
Torkip said:

Not really explained well, but her plan is essentially “do every available option possible and keep killing yourself to see what could happen”

Basically it’s a video game 100% completion run. Echidna is very smart but she doesn’t know everything, so the ability to see every outcome is something she loves.

Best resume ever of Echidna's intentions.

It is like Echdona wants to:

- Be a sadistic typical "GTA" gamer, the type who torture NPC, suicide the playable char all the time, and do random pointless things just for entertainment.

- And turn Subaru into this playable character, removing the only thing Subaru still have: his free will.

WAIT

wait

W A I T

Is there not any actual Re:Zero game where we can do this?

What i would do with Subaru in Arc 1:

- Trap and kill that stupid muggers.
- Fool Felt in a more creative way.
- hmm... trap and kill Felt?
- trap and kill Mr. Savingpoint Irish Guy.
- try to kill Reinhart and die in a creative way.
- Try to seduce Emilia...?
- Ok be hidden while Emilia is killed by Elsa and then undress her body before Puck come out...

Come on, who never?

New Re:Zero game releases Dec 30th. Same story start but diverges when a 6th person shows up that is approved for the selection. Ofcourse this leads everyone to acuse Emilia of lying/cheating some how . Your job as subaru. .prover her innocense and find the lier.

****Edit: release date changed to Jan 28,2021****

Day 1 ed.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0896VY24D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lzpBFbY0AW16M

Collectors Ed.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0896ZD4VT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7ApBFb4TYM8SZ

Enjoy
Usaka_Sep 26, 2020 7:16 AM
Sep 24, 2020 12:55 PM
Jan 2020

They are finally here.
Sep 24, 2020 1:05 PM
Aug 2020
Tsundere_Slayer said:
fullofregrets09 said:

One issue I can see with that is both Echidna and Satella don't seem to consider the people Subaru loves as part of his best future. That's why Rem was cast aside, and that's why Beatrice doesn't seem to matter as much. Subaru doesn't want that future, even if it will be the best route for him, with the least amount of suffering and death.

Yeah I agree with you. Echidna is only interested in Subaru and doesn't care about others whom Subaru wants to protect.

Wanna add 1 correction there. Echidna isn't interested in Subaru or anyone else for that matter, at all. She just wants his RBD authority. If that comes as him being a part of it so be it, and she knows it does. Therefore she's willing to be his convenience and be used by him sexually or otherwise just to get that authority. Subaru is just the shell it comes in.
Sep 24, 2020 1:08 PM

Sep 2019
This was really interesting, Echidna best girl.
Sep 24, 2020 1:09 PM
Aug 2020
shane_nichols said:
Welp now I know why Reinhard keeps that sword hidden. It'll basically kill him along with whatever he fights. No way he survived that explosion. Other than that, didn't care for anything else except Stella's appearance. Welp one ep to go. Hope Subaru finishes this arc so we can move on finally.

Im sure the Sword protects the user from its destruction.

Araphaenon said:
Usaka_ said:

Yeah, that's why I said fair enough. In the WN it was chapter 68 ending on the kiss of death, and chapter 69 on the "liar" scene, so best of both worlds in a sense. I suppose it was just amusing to imagine the community collectively going "oh f***" for an entire week after seeing that at the end. ;) But I agree that the kiss of death scene was masterfully done and it was a beautiful ending.

I'd say it was the best ending in all of the season and a half we've had so far.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeSep 24, 2020 1:23 PM
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.