Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2016 1:23 PM

Dec 2015
Wow. Huge surprise with Chiruzu being 001. Did never think in that direction. (Maybe at the beginning I thought a bit that she was Kaizakis senpai from company being in youger form.) I thought 001 was already removed from the experiment cause 001 was considered to have failed.

Still liked it. But this needs a 2nd season. Scored from 9 to 8. Lots of good episodes. Some were a bit less good and the ending ... I really wanted them to know about each other being in the experiment - so they could get together. (There should be exceptions to make it possible they probably both signed a NDA and should not be a problem if both know of each other. Experiment still secret to others not involved.)

Good romance. And good school anime with chars/development. Liked this better than most others that are school setting and only about school (no school harem/fighting).
Jul 14, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2014

Does any1 think so too?
Anime is another world for a people like us.
Jul 14, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2014
Hieya said:

Does any1 think so too?

I concur, that pretty obvious for me at the very least. All those hints about a person who simply does not socialize at all lead us to a single person. There were a couple of questions on the way like "are subjects limited to last high school year only?", but when our boy from support group mentions he was in previous grade as well "on training" (and was acquainted with Chizuru), it just eliminates any questions and any other suspects.

Didn't get to read the manga yet, maybe this moment is disguised more efficiently in there.
Jul 14, 2016 4:07 PM

Nov 2014
damn, I'm so happy I had no clue about the identity of 001. hit me straight in the kokoro. It's a real shame the ending was so inconclusive. this would have been a perfect romance... argh! I ship them so hard. so cute. this anime had some boring sections and I'd usually drop a show like that, but the payoffs were unusually great.
Jul 14, 2016 5:23 PM

Sep 2013
Great series! I really enjoyed it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 15, 2016 12:23 AM

Dec 2015
Well ... I thought it was normal for subjects to get only 1 year. Even though they did not explain that it is 1 year fix without possibility for 2 or more years. I just thought the supporters would get more years for better training. That's how/why I explained myself that they had more than 1 year ... and did not think of Chizuru all the time.

I also expected others to be bad at school ... but she probably is very intelligend but socially awkward instead (and might have been NEET for that reason). Looking backwards it all makes sense.

That she already did know Yoake ... I did not give that too much thought. He acted too normally - like he knew her just normally from bein in class. He was good at hiding it then.

That last flashback when he met with her at her home and apologized for being a bad support ... that just seemed like "end of experiment meeting" too me. So it did surprise me a lot when it got revealed that she was 001.

So he was still her supporter then. With A taking over later (otherwise there woudl have been no supporter). I thought they would only support 1 person each supporter. (Even though this was not mentioned/no info on this.)

Enough reasons not to think of Chizuru as 001.

Oh the other hand the thing with An being involved with reLIFE ... that was obvious from episode 1. (But I thought she was a subject then - and had another supporter we didn't know of at that point.)
Jul 15, 2016 5:44 PM

Aug 2014
I love it very much! I just would like to see Kaizaki-san tell her his truly feelings! 😏😊
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jul 17, 2016 3:42 AM
May 2016
This anime is surprisingly good :)
Jul 17, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2010
Somehow I got surprised that Chizuru is the 001, even the journal said she was very quiet and not doing anything. I guess I didn't bother wasting time thinking who might be the 001.
Anyway, I think it's stupid how they kept repeating Kaizaki will be forgotten. I understand people keep living their lives, but they made it sound like their memories will be erased and that's obviously impossible. I mean, Kaizaki took the pill, but that doesn't have anything to do with other people and their minds. Or the ReLIFE team has some kind of way of making them forgot, by using some weird tool?

Anyway, I'm rooting for Kaizaki and Chizuru. I hope they'll remember each other and end up together.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2015
I'm so happy for Rena and Oga, they were my favorite characters. Their confessions were so cute I don't see a lot of romance in anime come full circle, so I'm glad theirs did.
This was good finale I enjoyed the show quite a bit, made me tear up a couple of times. I wonder if it will get a second season?
Jul 18, 2016 8:42 AM

Jul 2008
A sweet way to end, but we will never know what will really happen when both Arata and Hishiro's 1 year term end. I'm gonna continue reading the manga and find out :D
Jul 18, 2016 8:46 AM
May 2016
NEED SEASON 2.. need to see whats happen on arata and hishiro
Jul 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Jun 2008
I don't know how I feel about them already revealing that Hishiron is also involved with ReLife. But I guess it doesn't matter as it fit there.

I love the manga and this adaption was really great as well. Had a stupid smile on all the time.
Jul 18, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2015
LOVE THIS ANIME. pretty sad they will
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
yoite- said:
Somehow I got surprised that Chizuru is the 001, even the journal said she was very quiet and not doing anything. I guess I didn't bother wasting time thinking who might be the 001.
Anyway, I think it's stupid how they kept repeating Kaizaki will be forgotten. I understand people keep living their lives, but they made it sound like their memories will be erased and that's obviously impossible. I mean, Kaizaki took the pill, but that doesn't have anything to do with other people and their minds. Or the ReLIFE team has some kind of way of making them forgot, by using some weird tool?

Anyway, I'm rooting for Kaizaki and Chizuru. I hope they'll remember each other and end up together.
add spoiler tag pls
Jul 18, 2016 8:29 PM

Jul 2015
Ahh,

And that was so cute!! I hope they make another season. I need more.
Jul 19, 2016 1:19 AM

May 2015
dat hishiron as subject 001 was quiet predictable
meh cliffhanger
Jul 19, 2016 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
Love how they respected each other knowing that they both didn't know that they were test subjects and didn't want to affect someone that wouldn't be reverted back to their own age. Great way to open this show up for season 2. Good ending with the other characters as well. 5/5
Jul 19, 2016 1:40 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
This story has killed me with cute x.x

I hope there is a season 2 where we see the rest of Arata's year

Jul 20, 2016 4:10 AM
Nov 2009
I was never as pissed at two characters not kissing as I was while watching this episode oh my fucking god.
Jul 20, 2016 12:51 PM
Jul 2016
SEASON 2 OR WE RIOT!
Jul 21, 2016 3:06 AM
Dec 2013
jc9622 said:
Ahh, they ended on the festival arc...Now I won't get to see:

Edit: Now that I finished the series. I can finally provide my opinions on this episode. Overall, it was a great finale. I had a hunch that they (the anime version) would end it here while I was reading the manga because most animes that I've watched ends in a fire work festival. Though, I wasn't expecting Hishiron to be revealed as Subject No. 001 because that happens much later in the manga. It sucks that they didn't have enough time to go in-depth with Hishiron's past and what made the ReLife Lab pick her. I won't say much but all I have to say to you anime viewers is it's got something to do with her personality.

The confession scene between Oga-Dense-kun and Kairu is a bit different here. You remember Kaizaki and Hishiron having a conversation alone on that park near a bench? In the manga version, that's where Oga confessed to Kairu after they decided to go there. To add a bit comedy, the gang were watching them and waited hours (?) before Oga finally picked up his balls and confessed. It was definitely more funnier and intense in the manga. In the anime version, he confessed right out of nowhere in the bridge which completely surprised me. Am I disappointed with the changes? Definitely not because the dialogue was still exactly the same. The only difference is they changed the setting and their friends wasn't spying on them in the anime version.

I'm happy for TMS Entertainment though. Even though they made some changes and cut a couple of scenes throughout the series, it was still a great and mostly faithful adaptation. Tokyo Ghoul fans are probably pissed right now that TMS Entertainment didn't adapt their manga..hehe.

My score for this series will be 9/10..Same rating I gave for the manga

Before I end this, I have one more thing to say:

SEASON 2 OR WE RIOT!

i reckonnn, we need a s2 or ill kms
Jul 21, 2016 12:58 PM

Nov 2015

I have... I have to contain the tears... I have to! T_T
This episode was so beautiful, so BEAUTIFUL I almost puke a rainbow... no, FIREWORKS would be more fitting.
I knew she was 001! She had to be! I'm so happy!
Ohga and Kairu, that was so cute and hilarious! And Arata and Chizuru was.... ufff, my heart...

Arata's monologues were so beautiful, really. He's strong, very strong but he's fighting a wall that doesn't exist. How he selflessly refused to make a move on her because she would forget him after his ReLIFE is over, he didn't want to make a void in her year just because he may feel something for her, instead he gives her the best advice he could ever give... but, Arata, follow that advice too. She's there, in front of you.

The season could not have ended in a better way than this. Fuck it, I'm going to read the manga. You made it, you took me by force to read the manga! DAMN, SO BEAUTIFUL!

“Hishiro-san, make lots of friends, fall madly in love and enjoy every moment to the fullest”.

Me: *screaming internally*

I'm going to start thinking to give this anime a 10/10... it's been some time since I give that rating...but, this episode was the crown and really, the 10/10 poped in my head right away.

PD: I feel like I need to write a proper review, even when I'm not the best at it jeje. But, I don't know how to write something without merging spoilers...

PD2: I am now sure of it, for me, a new OTP has born >//<

Sorry for long comment jeje

HumbertoZeroJul 21, 2016 4:05 PM
Jul 22, 2016 2:56 AM

Nov 2012
I'm not with you hipsters. This anime had very little what was new. Ost was quite bad for once. story was for the most part pretty generic and nothing we have seen already from all those other melodrama shows. Episode 10 was the only one that was actually good since it did not take part in the school life. Personally I'm not a fan of the chibi comedy that is shown nowadays but that's objective. 6/10 since ep 10 was quite good en the twist in this episode. Feel free to bash my opinion btw, i wont mind.
Jul 22, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2016
This made me cry like a little boy... :_)

Great show overall, so would love to get another season!
Jul 23, 2016 7:10 PM

Feb 2014
johnyjohny said:
I'm not with you hipsters. This anime had very little what was new. Ost was quite bad for once. story was for the most part pretty generic and nothing we have seen already from all those other melodrama shows. Episode 10 was the only one that was actually good since it did not take part in the school life. Personally I'm not a fan of the chibi comedy that is shown nowadays but that's objective. 6/10 since ep 10 was quite good en the twist in this episode. Feel free to bash my opinion btw, i wont mind.

^ I'm with you.

I was expecting something different from the trendy ReLife but it ended up being just another slice of life anime with cliche (and silly) relationship problems.

I was actually enjoying until start Rena's arc (which was painful to watch).

The last episodes 10 were good, 11 to 13 were... nothing special either, cliche to be right (festival and etc)

As an overall it was a fine to good (compared to the usual sol animes of the same kind), but nothing special.

6-7/10
TechOtakuJul 23, 2016 7:19 PM
Jul 24, 2016 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
I started thinking Yoake might be lying about all people will forget about Arata. It's like turning the story sci-fi, in a bad way.

Revealed that subject 001 is Hoshiro because the series likes to drop some bomb. Expected, let just act surprised like "what the fuck?" with all that coincidence pointing at her. I'm pretty sure where this is going. But I like if she doesn't have any involvement with ReLIFE because she is "pure" and "innocent".

But then again, it's seriously annoying to put hold of story like this. Their relationship is like a fucking dust.

If not second season, at least a movie will be fine. 9/10
Jul 26, 2016 3:06 PM
May 2015
Hieya said:

Does any1 think so too?
Yea, it was kinda obvious. The adaptation had way too many foreshadowing scenes that wasn't even in the manga. When I first read the manga, the reveal was quite a surprise for me.

Jul 26, 2016 11:39 PM
Sep 2014
The thing about Hishiro being subject 1 is confusing the hell out of me. Didn't she "fail" the experiment when she did Relife last year? In that case, she should be back to her adult form, probably living the life she used to (as Yoake reported that she did not change in the program), but she's somehow still attending the school. The only possible explanation is that she's doing the Relife again, but then how come she has no support?

Maybe I'm thinking too much but could someone explain? :s
Jul 27, 2016 5:15 AM

Nov 2015
Rayleigh99 said:
The thing about Hishiro being subject 1 is confusing the hell out of me. Didn't she "fail" the experiment when she did Relife last year? In that case, she should be back to her adult form, probably living the life she used to (as Yoake reported that she did not change in the program), but she's somehow still attending the school. The only possible explanation is that she's doing the Relife again, but then how come she has no support?

Or maybe those are questions yet to be answered in the manga.
For the moment I just assume she got the chance of doing again a ReLIFE thanks to Yoake asking for it but, since he was already the contact of Arata he couldn't be both's. I don't know.
Jul 27, 2016 11:17 AM
Sep 2014
Anyone know what chapter I should start reading the manga?
Jul 27, 2016 11:58 AM
Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
Rayleigh99 said:

Or maybe those are questions yet to be answered in the manga.
For the moment I just assume she got the chance of doing again a ReLIFE thanks to Yoake asking for it but, since he was already the contact of Arata he couldn't be both's. I don't know.

I'm also interested in knwoing whether Hishiro still has memories of her first Relife. I don't think it was ever clarified if you lose your memories if you fail, but I could be forgetting something
Jul 28, 2016 12:02 AM

Jan 2016
Luthandorius said:
Well ... I thought it was normal for subjects to get only 1 year. Even though they did not explain that it is 1 year fix without possibility for 2 or more years. I just thought the supporters would get more years for better training. That's how/why I explained myself that they had more than 1 year ... and did not think of Chizuru all the time.

I also expected others to be bad at school ... but she probably is very intelligend but socially awkward instead (and might have been NEET for that reason). Looking backwards it all makes sense.

That she already did know Yoake ... I did not give that too much thought. He acted too normally - like he knew her just normally from bein in class. He was good at hiding it then.

That last flashback when he met with her at her home and apologized for being a bad support ... that just seemed like "end of experiment meeting" too me. So it did surprise me a lot when it got revealed that she was 001.

So he was still her supporter then. With A taking over later (otherwise there woudl have been no supporter). I thought they would only support 1 person each supporter. (Even though this was not mentioned/no info on this.)

Enough reasons not to think of Chizuru as 001.

Oh the other hand the thing with An being involved with reLIFE ... that was obvious from episode 1. (But I thought she was a subject then - and had another supporter we didn't know of at that point.)

Ok. I'm glad it wasn't just me. When Chizuru was first introduced I thought she could possibly be 001. But there were plenty of reasons for us to think otherwise. I too thought the ReLife experience was only one year. I am also confused why Chizuru will still be in the experiment for another year. Does this mean she's reliving a year of college too? Overall, I really liked this series. This episode was super cute. I was glad to see Oga and Kairu get together. So CUTE and very realistic portrayal of adolescent emotions. But my all time favorite scene was Arata and Chizuru on the bench. Arata is such a gentleman! I was disappointed in the ending though. I would've liked to see what happened when Arata went back to being adult. I'm gonna check the manga out and hope for a season 2.

SEASON 2 OR WE RIOT!
Jul 28, 2016 5:25 AM
May 2016
Do I have to read the whole Manga from 0 to understand it from where the Anime ended or can I just start reading in chapter (what was it? something around 100 i think)?
Jul 28, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2015
I really loved this anime and I didn't expect to at first. The feelings between Hishiro and Arata got me since the first second. I hope they make a second season because... it can't end like this!!! I need they ending together or I'll die ;_; pleasepleasepleaaaaaaaase

Also I'm happy that Hishiro is the subject 001 so their relationship isn't illegal hehe ~

A very good anime but I would have liked a few more episodes to know more about Arata-kun and his classmates!
Jul 28, 2016 3:04 PM
Jul 2014
Just finished the show and I am gonna punch MC in the throat if he doesn't end up with Chizuru in the manga, cause I am gonna read the continuation.
Kib90MYANIMELISTJul 28, 2016 9:12 PM
Jul 29, 2016 3:38 PM
May 2015
Was pretty good, but this show makes me realize I'm going to miss my highschool days once I'm out
Jul 29, 2016 7:23 PM

Aug 2014
Wasn't as good as I'd hoped, though my expectations were quite high. Not enough ReLIFE exposition, too much slice of life. The girl drama towards the middle really wasn't my cup of tea, most of which was caused by Kairu, a really annoying character. Chizuru being 001 was easy to predict, and the ending was just the usual generic, nothing-really-resolved type that 90% of anime get.

Other than that, the anime was enjoyable, concept was fun, everyone except Kairu was cool, and the art was pretty nice.

Last episode: 3.5/5
Series overall: 7/10

Will probably read the manga. Quite a few things that don't make sense right now, so hopefully the answers are there.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jul 31, 2016 4:26 AM

Nov 2015
I enjoyed the show. It had funny moments and the emotions often hit my heart. Reminds me in some aspects of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu. Has anyone recommendations for more of this kind?
Jul 31, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2014
overrated school-comedy-drama shit for normies.
Jul 31, 2016 10:28 PM

Jan 2008
I've always thought of the plot device as a "what if" Detective Conan's APTX 4869 was perfected, and is now being used in secret scientific experiments for the benefit of society instead of being in the hands of an evil organization.

I initially thought subject 001 was just some loser that Yoake failed to help who went back to being an adult loser, and thought nothing of it beyond that. Glad they touched upon subject 001's background a bit.

Certainly didn't see that plot twist coming. Now I'm really hoping for a second series. I read a bit of the manga, but the anime is far more enjoyable as far as my own preference goes.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this series. A good slice-of-life school drama that's suitable for both high school kids and adults alike, more so the latter.
Aug 2, 2016 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
The frustration of impossible love only that it's not impossible they just don't know it.

i had my doubts at some points that Hishiro was subject 001 but I dismissed them. Why did I do that? This is great, After the ReLIFE is over she and Kaizaki can build a life together.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 3, 2016 12:15 AM
Jan 2014
I just stumbled upon this series but it really was a good watch. I enjoyed each and every moment of Kaizaki learning during the relife. This episodes highlights were obviously Oga confessing and Hishiro actually being subject 001 - that really took me by a surprise. I just have to know what happens further in the story so just going to start the manga! I hope they end up together Hishiro and Kaizaki.
Aug 3, 2016 3:28 AM

Jan 2014
I have but one thing to day about this show.....

SEASON 2 OR RIOT. GIBE MOAR HISHIRO (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Aug 4, 2016 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
Great anime. Chihiro is so adorable throughout and it sucks that we have to wait so long for season 2 (if there's ever any). Well.. I suppose the drama's predictable (both relife subjects pondering whether to go ahead with the romance despite the risk) but it'd still be interesting to see it unfold since the characters are quite likeable.

My only gripe is the sometimes too perfect timing of many instances that, although cut the story shorter, just seemed to convenient to happen over and over again like Kariu overhearing Tamarai's talk with Kaizaki and Hishiro exactly at the good part or Oga just happened to see Kariu with another man right after his talk with Kaizaki.

Other than that, I thought the story was executed rather nicely and entertainingly unlike most try-hard romcom shoujo anime.

9/10

yoite- said:

Aug 5, 2016 1:45 AM

Aug 2010
Best episode ever!!! The monologue of Kaizaki's internal struggle tugged my heartstrings u___u

And as i thought (and hoped), hishiro is subject 1 after all. I hope chizuru will develop and realise her feelings for Kaizaki too and then they'll be together XD

Overall a pretty decent series, I didn't like all the Kariu drama that seems overdramaticised. The beginning and the end of this series was more enjoyable than those few episodes. I suppose I'm watching this to see Kaizaki's development more than any others so I didn't really enjoy all the Kariu drama.

If only it's longer though, I'd love to see more Kaizaki x Hishiro interactions XD I guess I'll pick up the manga~
Aug 5, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
5/10
pretty boring
Aug 6, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2012
Other than this series being perennially dominated by Kariu and her emotional immaturity, it's been a pretty enjoyable ride. There's enough comedy, slice of life, and character development. I have some reservations about Inukai and Kariu, but overall the main cast is charming and likable, and I'd certainly like to see a second season.

Although unfortunately there won't be enough materials for some time...
Aug 6, 2016 2:20 PM

Feb 2016
I enjoyed the show altogether but for me the main character really wasnt the type of unsociable loser that would need a ReLife, there are a ton of people that have much bigger problems socializing like for example this 001 subject. He was acting way too confident and nice.
Thats my explanation why i didnt give it a 9, although i wanted.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 6, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2010
HEYYYYY... you can't do this final, and not announce a second season right away... !!!1!1!!!11112344567ª!!1!

Yes, I liked the end, but with that new, relevant info, they just need to give us moar
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

98 by Coke07 »»
Sep 20, 5:24 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

115 by DARM11 »»
Jul 13, 2:54 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

207 by satorugirl »»
May 16, 6:06 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.