Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2015 2:26 PM

Sep 2011
d388 said:
I can't believe this shit show has a rating above 5.0, let alone 8.1. The writing was terrible, the characters were awfully pathetic, the story was awful, the animation was shit.

And yet you watched all 13 episodes!
Oct 7, 2015 3:16 AM

Oct 2013
Final score for me 8.5

1. Having an evil affinity character as the MC is a breath of fresh air for me
2. Need more of Albedo in action. Shes one of the main faces in Overlord, but i hardly see her in action except for the first few episode and some comedic relief. (might be forgettable like Akatsuki from Log Horizon. which is a shame)
3. Point number 2 has caused me to end up falling for Nabe instead xD

Definitely need a 2nd season. Im just an anime watcher for this series and realised after did some research, there are still many characters that has not been in the spotlight (like the other battle maids)
Oct 7, 2015 1:20 PM
Jul 2015
Really love the ending not bad. 10/10 good ending hopefully there will be a season 2
Oct 7, 2015 1:43 PM

Jul 2009
Vented said:
Really love the ending not bad. 10/10 good ending hopefully there will be a season 2
I'm not trying to be a downer about your rating but Overlord (season 1 anime) is clearly not a 10/10 by any stretch. I could see if you rated it by enjoyment alone as a 9 but never a 10...
Oct 8, 2015 12:16 PM

Jan 2015
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1444294370931.webm
EylandosOct 8, 2015 12:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2015 12:20 PM

Apr 2008

That is fucking genius
Oct 8, 2015 1:39 PM

Jul 2014
d388 said:
I can't believe this shit show has a rating above 5.0, let alone 8.1. The writing was terrible, the characters were awfully pathetic, the story was awful, the animation was shit.

+ 1
Oct 8, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2011

Hahaha "Autistic Aura" top kek mate. Saving that.

They really need to add webM implementation on here.
Oct 9, 2015 8:23 AM

May 2012
With such an ending I assume there would be a second season or something? But to be honest I wasn't too fond of this anime, while the action was entertaining the pacing was quite slow and it didn't really entertain me that much in the end.

I did quite like the characters and concept but just couldn't really enjoy it to the fullest, but it still was a good watch.
Oct 9, 2015 9:04 AM

Sep 2013
RafaelDeJongh said:
With such an ending I assume there would be a second season or something? But to be honest I wasn't too fond of this anime, while the action was entertaining the pacing was quite slow and it didn't really entertain me that much in the end.

I did quite like the characters and concept but just couldn't really enjoy it to the fullest, but it still was a good watch.

A 2nd season is really high, maybe next year.

Overlord is like a long epic, it really takes it's time and builds up the world and it's characters.
Not even 2 or 3 seasons is enough to fully express that.
The novels are a must read.
Oct 11, 2015 12:57 PM

May 2014
It was good but i expected more action with the other characters. .
Hopefully season 2.
Oct 11, 2015 8:39 PM

Feb 2013
Fight was pretty good. Tons of setup for season2... it better happen.

4/10 (below average) Too much talking, not enough action or excitement.
Oct 12, 2015 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
"It's cash item" hellz yeah lolol

Series is overall decent but I would like to see the story of Momonga with Peroroncino and the guild members as OVA or something. Killed me when the timer spoke lol.

Does everything decent but nothing exceptional, had great laughs though. 9/10 will wait for s2
Oct 13, 2015 3:16 PM
Aug 2009
d388 said:

Maybe but it was enjoyable and all that matters.
This is a show that never took itself serious and except some comedic relief from Albedo and Sheltear never did the whole loving nonsense. That alone rates it above a craptop of other shows for me.
Way to many shows try to take themselves serious and fall so hard on their face it's not even funny.

This gets a nice 9/10 for me.
Oct 15, 2015 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
I don't really understand what's going on at the end but whatever.

The series was good and presented itself differently from usual, which is nice. Too bad all LN anime are cursed to be "read the source" adaptations.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 15, 2015 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
d388 said:
Indeed.
Oct 15, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2014
So I understand that they cramped a lot of storyline into just 13 episodes.

So... I am guessing the anime creators might have left out some info? I am kinda hoping so because I liked the low-level adventurers Ainz was working with earlier. Remember the crossdressing mage girl who had a sister who needed saving?

So did Ainz ever got around to resurrecting them? LN readers, any info on that?
Oct 15, 2015 1:40 PM

Apr 2008
Teckmeister said:

So... I am guessing the anime creators might have left out some info? I am kinda hoping so because I liked the low-level adventurers Ainz was working with earlier. Remember the crossdressing mage girl who had a sister who needed saving?

No resurrection. He did do something else related to that plotpoint though. They're dead for good
Oct 15, 2015 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Teckmeister said:

No resurrection. He did do something else related to that plotpoint though. They're dead for good
Thanks for the info.

While I was reading up to find what I thought would be useless info, I found a spoiler that you might be interested in Teckmeister.
(Spoiler: Read at your own discretion)
Oct 17, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
So, I finished reading Volume 3 (which is the events up to the end of this season). I understand people's displeasure since a lot of noticeable yet negligible details were disregarded. The adaptation of Vol. 1 & 2 was more similar. The adaptation of Vol. 3 definitely feels rushed in comparison.
Oct 17, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2008
kyled00m said:
So, I finished reading Volume 3 (which is the events up to the end of this season). I understand people's displeasure since a lot of noticeable yet negligible details were disregarded. The adaptation of Vol. 1 & 2 was more similar. The adaptation of Vol. 3 definitely feels rushed in comparison.

Yeah sadly
Oct 18, 2015 2:08 AM

Sep 2010
Better than SAO XD... Need a S2...

Finale - 3.5/5 (Rushed)
Series - 7/10
Oct 18, 2015 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Well, with that epilogue they made, they can't possibly not make a second season. That or it scream : ''Go read the LN!''

It was hilarious to see Cocytus say in super serious tone : ''Lord Touch Me!''
One can't choose a serious nickname when playing an RPG...

The cash shop item were a nice touch. He'll never be able to get them again though.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 18, 2015 1:48 PM

Aug 2011
Cash shop items? Then wasn't that victory mostly based on pay2win tactics?!

Anyway, I thought the last arc redeemed what was going to be a really boring series throughout. The first episode was so interesting and I was ready to explore this MMO world he was trapped in but then it fizzled out in to some lame adventure about solving townspeople's problems half way through. The parts where Ains showed his 'real' voice in his thoughts had me laughing though.

In short, I enjoyed when Ains had his skullface on, the rest wasn't that interesting. 6/10.
Oct 18, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
Dako said:
Cash shop items? Then wasn't that victory mostly based on pay2win tactics?!
Am I the only one who paid any attention to the requirements for the Ainz Ooal Gown Guild? I believe they were:
    Ainz Ooal Gown membership requirements
  • Heteromorphic Race (Not Humanoid or Demi-humanoid)
  • Must be a working member of society. (Student in school counts I believe...)
This means that they have a job and receive a steady flow of cash. Adults typically spend money on luxury items. A golfer spends money on new clubs and a gamer spends money on CA$H shop items... Furthermore, Ainz Ooal Gown was infamous in YGGDRASIL. It would be more strange if he did not use pay2win tactics.

If you look at what Momonga said; Shalltear is more powerful than the other Floor Guardians (Albedo, Cocytus, Demiurge, Gargantua, Aura, Mare, and Victim).
note: I believe this doesn't include every NPC in Nazarick, but that's not important right now.
Seeing that, and that the Lv100 NPCs of Nazarick were made to defeat entire PARTIES of Lv100 geared PCs... Furthermore, Ainz wasn't using his Divine/World/Guild-staff items... I don't think I need to say any more~ >.>
Oct 19, 2015 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
Overall I thought it was pretty good anime. It was exciting and intriguing most times. Also I loved RPG and fantasy elements. The mystery was also pretty decent.
But it had some problems. The pacing sometimes were out of the place. The last fight wasn't as intense as expected, not even close actually, they didn't manage to build up all the intensity throughout the fight because everything just happened way too fast yet with way too much talking, and animation wasn't the best. Some over-the-top moments were awkward, especially Albedo behavior and the worship of Ains which was so unnecessary and forced most of the times, that I really thought they are trying to deceive him. I hated Albedo. Animation was pretty bad in late episodes especially, to be honest.

To sum up, 7/10 at best.
Oct 25, 2015 9:24 PM

Oct 2008
Everything is planned! by Ainz.
Great final episode!
Ainz Killed Shalltear then resurrected and it worked, the mind control went-off.
Who are those church guys? non-supreme human beings???
Ainz is now on the hunt but still needs to be cautious on every move because Sebas is still the bait.
S2 when???
5/5.
8/10.

Oct 28, 2015 1:47 AM
Oct 2012
8/10. the concept of this anime was just the stereotypical young man who got trapped inside game, but i enjoyed this more than the rest of anime last season (though probably that happened cause i marathoned it). Maybe i'll take a look at the source light novel if i ever get the time to read it
Oct 28, 2015 8:10 AM

Sep 2013
^he didn't get trapped in a game, he was transported or something into a new world where everything is real.
Oct 28, 2015 7:46 PM

Oct 2012
Guess I'll read the LN now
"Signature removed"
Oct 31, 2015 12:49 PM

Jul 2013
Seeing the episode, at the end no one is more broken than Ainz. Though he defeats Shalltear because crazy preparation, at the end he curbstomp her using the power of his former comrades. Shalltear is revived and the Floor Guardians "celebrate" her return in a manner that reminds Ainz of his former friends (even Pandora Actor was in there, too bad that he don't say nothing in the scene).

And Ainz plan his attack on the lizardmen (now I understand the scene in the opening when Cocytus appears fighting some of them, as I think that these enemies were lizardmen), and the series ends...

Overall, the series has been a good ride and I enjoyed it very much. The weak points that I found, apart of Ainz rekting some plebs, thing which I don't find a flaw and I enjoyed very much, is that I feel that last part a bit underwhelming. I mean, the purpose of that arc was to demonstrate that in this world exists object that can defeat Ainz's servants, but I found it not as good as the previous ones. I understand however that this is mostly world building.
I also expecting some of Ainz's servants to fight, but except Shalltear and Narberal, any of them has really fight in the series (the opening lied :( ). The sound was very good (specially that kickass opening) and the animation was okay.

I give it a 7.5, I expect a second season [s]and more Pleiades and Pandora Actor, please[./s] Please, Madhouse, don't leave the story without a proper ending.
Nov 7, 2015 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
Perfect Ending!

Nov 7, 2015 8:14 AM

Oct 2013
Overlord has exceed my expectation, Totally enjoyable. It gives me the SAO feel in a good way, don't get me wrong i 'm a SAO fan, i know you guys gonna hate me for saying this but it is. Matter of fact Overlord is better than SAO at some parts, well mostly but lack romance aspect, i know Albedo is all over Ains but i doubt Ains feels the same thing

The fight between Shalltear and Ains was a bit short but still awesome and action packed. It wasn't fair fight because Ains used the cash shop items to reduce skills cool down and etc. I love Shalltear's red armor and her wings, so MMO-RPG like, brings me back when i used to play MMO-RPG, nostalgic.

Overall score 9/10, i think there will be a 2nd season since at the end of the episode Ains says something that could lead us to the 2nd season, and he gonna summon those unknown guardians, i can't wait for the 2nd season, peace out ! ♥
Nov 17, 2015 9:50 AM

Jul 2015
3/10
such a pointless boring plot
tragedydesuMay 28, 2016 6:29 AM
Nov 26, 2015 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
Predictably an open ending for the anime, but the feeling that the whole series was a kind of preparation to get to this was quite tangible. The narration was pretty good, the focus was on the relationships within the guild and has had a look at the very large possible future contexts, involving all the characters. Drawings and animations pretty good, the battle was interesting, Momonga has proved a good character, good the soundtrack.

7/10.
Nov 28, 2015 9:05 PM

Aug 2009
He payed to win his way to victory! Clearly the game he was playing was free to play.

Now he'll need to use his own wit to get by. I hope a second season happens.
Nov 29, 2015 2:54 AM

Apr 2008
Ukaei said:
He payed to win his way to victory! Clearly the game he was playing was free to play.

It wasn't. The game had its own hardware to buy too
Nov 29, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Ukaei said:

That's even worse. A b2p game with an open, pay to win cash shop, no!
Nov 30, 2015 6:20 AM

Apr 2008
Ukaei said:
Darklight0303 said:

That's even worse. A b2p game with an open, pay to win cash shop, no!

Not really.
Dec 6, 2015 12:14 PM

Jun 2013
It's fine. The concept is cool and the characters were fun to watch. However, it was boring from time to time.

I also believe they should've had a fantasy setting instead the whole DMMORPG thing since the MC is "forced" to spend all his time in a MMO with only presumably NPCs while everyone leaves him behind in real life and move on.

Maybe things might change in the new world? Who knows? But at least that way they don't have to give us those vague hints about MC's real life and balance it out with the MMO concept and it becomes a lot easier to understand for people who never read the manga or novel.

Overall 6/10
Dec 9, 2015 7:03 AM

Aug 2013
Overspeed !!!
Wait for sequel !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2015 4:41 AM

Apr 2014
Forgot to finish this for months now lol.
Eh its an okay adaptation and obviously could have been miles better.
Love the novel but this just pales in comparison as to how I was imagining it in my head while reading the LN.
I'll give it a 5.5/10.
Wouldn't mind a S2 I guess.

Dec 10, 2015 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
I rate 8.5/10.

Overlord is really good but, like everyone said, it could've been better. Wish it was 24 episodes instead of stuffing everything in 13. An OVA or 2 before going to season 2 would be good.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Dec 14, 2015 8:56 AM
Mar 2009
What a dirty pay to win.
Dec 14, 2015 9:07 AM

Apr 2008
xsarq said:
What a dirty pay to win.

If this was still the game then maybe. However this is a whole new world with the items from the game following Momonga. They're artifacts at this point. One time use Artifacts
Dec 14, 2015 9:14 AM
Mar 2009
I was in middle of watching final episode. Sorry that short sentence was all that was in my head the entire time ;P

It was good show, i had a lot of fun watching it except most of femele voice acting was super irritating.
Dec 18, 2015 12:25 PM

Jan 2012
easily 8.5/10

very very enjoyable seeing MC overpowering everyone

would recommend to grandkids
Dec 23, 2015 10:24 PM

May 2013
Ainz showed Shalltear that he truly is the Overlord. Pay-to-win, for the win!
That was a good set-up for a second season. I enjoyed the ride!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 24, 2015 6:13 AM
Apr 2009
I feel they wasted so much potential with the concept, it was pretty mediocre. The evil guy POV, which was him still being the good guy 50% of the time.

Apart from the last 3 episodes, all the episodes, quests, storylines felt like things you put into fillers to pass time and not into a short episode series.

The ending fight was what I wanted, though 6/10. 7/10.
SsjbryandoDec 24, 2015 6:26 AM
Dec 24, 2015 7:53 AM

Apr 2013
A very entertaining series to watch despite being slow at the start. Really enjoyed the characters and their interactions. The battles were pretty decent too and Ainz rekt Shalltear as expected.

That Shalltear chest tho. Also, 8.5/10.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

331 by MrList »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

242 by jesuscris01 »»
Jun 16, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

370 by HayiaSarah »»
Jun 13, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2015

240 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

283 by RayousSR »»
Apr 23, 12:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.