Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2015 6:34 PM

Sep 2014
IsGalis said:
THAT ARCHER-RIN-SHIROU SCENE, GOSH. That was perfect, I shrieked. MY SHIP.
Hmmm, that thing about the two pendants... were there two? Am I just confused (again)?
i'd say just go back through the episodes.....because there are an extreme amounts of subtle things that has been going around through the first half and it's much easier to catch in hindsight. the author of FSN likes to stick things under your nose then make you think about other things he makes you look right then cuts left then goes back to the first spot and leave you confused why he did that.
Apr 25, 2015 6:35 PM

Nov 2014
IsGalis said:
THAT ARCHER-RIN-SHIROU SCENE, GOSH. That was perfect, I shrieked. MY SHIP.
Hmmm, that thing about the two pendants... were there two? Am I just confused (again)?

Yes, there were two. Watch episodes 0, 1 and the beginning of 2 just before they go to the church. These are all from the first cour, btw.
Apr 25, 2015 6:37 PM

Feb 2014
How's the salt been on the thread today boys and girls ;) I hope everyone has been able to keep their sanity today!

I actually thought today's episode was great. They actually did a pretty good job, lived up to the VN for once. I hope ufotable keeps it up and keeps it like this to the end.

But seriously man, they need to do something about the damn music. It's so mellow! I wouldn't even mind if they used the tracks straight from the VN, it'd be better than the music in this anime lol
Apr 25, 2015 6:40 PM

Feb 2014
VarunaBles said:
Maloghurst said:
his head tilt and mile long stare was nice i loved it, one of those things that really illustrates him.

Agreed. It shows his twisted side. Actually no, he's 100% twisted, he just subconsciously hides it unwittingly.

Ya they did a good job with portraying him today and Rin calling him out was great too. This is all leading up to that much needed development for Shirou!
Apr 25, 2015 6:42 PM

Sep 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
How's the salt been on the thread today boys and girls ;) I hope everyone has been able to keep their sanity today!

I actually thought today's episode was great. They actually did a pretty good job, lived up to the VN for once. I hope ufotable keeps it up and keeps it like this to the end.

But seriously man, they need to do something about the damn music. It's so mellow! I wouldn't even mind if they used the tracks straight from the VN, it'd be better than the music in this anime lol
it' feels a little to fast paced to me man...look how many episodes are left...i smell a load of anime original stuff coming at this rate.
Apr 25, 2015 6:45 PM

Feb 2014
CarenPriest said:

I agree with everything you said. Very good episode today.

And yep, Lancer is the fucking man! Biggest bro in F/SN!
Apr 25, 2015 6:46 PM

Feb 2014
Maloghurst said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

it' feels a little to fast paced to me man...look how many episodes are left...i smell a load of anime original stuff coming at this rate.

My prediction about them dedicating an entire episode to Shirou and his development I think is going to come true. That should make up for some lost time I guess, though they should have just added in all those bits beforehand but oh well. I'll take what I can get.
Apr 25, 2015 7:03 PM

Sep 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
Maloghurst said:

My prediction about them dedicating an entire episode to Shirou and his development I think is going to come true. That should make up for some lost time I guess, though they should have just added in all those bits beforehand but oh well. I'll take what I can get.
hopefuly they also take this time to explain things such as shirou's projection magic....they missed that opportunity already. it was suppose to have been brought up in detail like right around this point. i imagine it may come later since we got the time. seemsl ike they been switching things around alot, kind of like the pendent talk here.
Apr 25, 2015 7:09 PM
Dec 2010
I wouldn't be suprised if Lancer and Archer were killed by a random meteor during their fight, considering they both have E-rank Luck.
Apr 25, 2015 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
xizor said:
I wouldn't be suprised if Lancer and Archer were killed by a random meteor during their fight, considering they both have E-rank Luck.

I'm pretty sure that would just piss them off given their ability to withstand large amounts of punishment.
Apr 25, 2015 7:14 PM

Sep 2014
VarunaBles said:
xizor said:

I'm pretty sure that would just piss them off given their ability to withstand large amounts of punishment.
unless it was a magic meteor.
Apr 25, 2015 7:17 PM

May 2013
The whole shirou/rin/lancer part was very good. Lol'ed when shirou told lancer to keep his distance from rin, spoken like a true husbando.
Apr 25, 2015 7:22 PM

Mar 2015
Another 5/5 episode. Damn

I want to sleep till next saturday already

the worst thing however is going to watch live reactions in youtube and see those youtubers asking for fights like everytiem
Apr 25, 2015 7:28 PM
May 2014
MrNTR said:
I feel like quite a bit of info was lost and felt rush without the narrative monologue format of the visual novel. Though maybe this is just cuz I've read the visual novel, those who haven't might not really be bothered at all.

For example: one of the biggest reasons why Shirou is the way he is is cuz when Kiritsugu saved him, Shirou felt that, more so than himself, the one who was really saved was Kiritsugu. Shirou admired that moment of bliss in Kiritsugu, someone who can find peace and salvation in the well-being and happiness of others rather than himself. Of course, Kiritsugu did not develop this way of thinking until after the events of Fate/Zero, before this, his views were even more warped and deranged.

Essentially, Shirou copied Kiritsugu's ideals (though he is likely predisposed to this way of thinking to begin with, especially considering his Origin). This is what Rin and Archer meant by his ideals not being his own beliefs and are simply borrowed. We're all influenced by the views of others but Shirou wasn't just influenced, he pretty much carbon copied what he deemed to be the ideals of Kiritsugu, not necessarily cuz he believed in those ideals himself but because he wanted to be like Kiritsugu, to accomplish what Kiritsugu couldn't.

While the first one was not evident in this adaptation, the second paragraph was easily shown in this adaptation.
Apr 25, 2015 8:06 PM

Jun 2012
Lancer is pretty cool, calmly stating he could take on all three servants simultaneously.
Haha, that Shirou x Rin again.
Very interested to see Lancer's master.

Looking forward to next week.

Apr 25, 2015 8:08 PM

May 2014
I just now realised we haven't seen Saber once in like 2 episodes. I didn't even notice.

Is anybody having withdrawals?
Apr 25, 2015 8:11 PM

Sep 2013
WrongPriest said:
I just now realised we haven't seen Saber once in like 2 episodes. I didn't even notice.

Nope, nothing yet ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2015 8:18 PM

Mar 2015
WrongPriest said:

She should appear next one tho she is just there to look pretty anyway :/
Apr 25, 2015 8:30 PM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:
WrongPriest said:

Nope, nothing yet ;)
sry mick..seiba's pussy...and her cock now belongs to caster.

WuBoyBR said:
ls
[/quote] cmon dude spoilers....
Apr 25, 2015 8:48 PM

Aug 2013
Another great episode, I can not get enough of this plot after all, I like also the characters, despite the personality OF Shirou irritates me, even though conscience of their mistakes still making the same

I look forward to see the fight between Archer and Lancer next episode, the battles in Fate are always awesome and even more with these two servants ..
Apr 25, 2015 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
Rejoice, Lancer has returned!
Apr 25, 2015 8:58 PM

Mar 2009
You know, I always thought Lancer was kind of a dick, but he's actually pretty cool. Who knew. Not as cool as

And of course they had to leave off before the fight...
Apr 25, 2015 9:06 PM

Mar 2015
Mormegil said:
You know, I always thought Lancer was kind of a dick, but he's actually pretty cool. Who knew. Not as cool as

Apr 25, 2015 9:14 PM

Oct 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
Mormegil said:

Well it's true.
Apr 25, 2015 9:20 PM

Jan 2009
good episode the calm before the storm
Apr 25, 2015 9:21 PM

Mar 2015
nocorras said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Well it's true.

Agreed, BroLancer is better imo, but this smells of a Lancer war :3
Apr 25, 2015 9:22 PM

Nov 2014
OneTrueEmiya said:
nocorras said:

Well it's true.

That is horribly in favor of BroLancer, as revealed in the (fallen) best Lancer thread.
Apr 25, 2015 9:24 PM

Aug 2009
I am gonna make a nice scene comparison pic when Lancer's glorious moment arrives to show the difference between being a bro and a little bitch.
Apr 25, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
VarunaBles said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

That is horribly in favor of BroLancer, as revealed in the (fallen) best Lancer thread.

Never underestimate the power of zerofags, they lurk in the dark... :0
Apr 25, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
Guys lets try to be ojbective here.

The only objective factor in determining who is best lancer is which one would win if they fought each other

In that case the answer is clearly blue lancer.
Apr 25, 2015 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode, I'm still on the Fate route of the VN need to catch up with that.

Liked the Rin x Shirou

Lancer being as awesome as ever..

Looking forward to next episode for the battle of Lancer vs Archer. Plus what Rin and Shirou will do now, that they're after caster

Apr 25, 2015 9:41 PM

Oct 2011
Slow pacing
Dull episode
Awkward Shirou and Rin conversations
Lancer's appearance was the only decent part in the entire episode

6/10
Apr 25, 2015 10:01 PM

Feb 2012
If I would have to choose to have a servant as a friend, it'd be Lancer! That cool bro-like personality wins it all. Thumbs up for Lancer!!!

On another note, Shirou was pretty sweet with his request with Lancer in regards to not acting chummy around Rin. Though Shirou's still an idiot and has a lot of screws loose, he's a sweet idiot. lol. I was expecting that he'll ask who Lancer's master is, but I guess Rin is more important than anything. Haha
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 25, 2015 10:08 PM

Sep 2014
jbeat said:
If I would have to choose to have a servant as a friend, it'd be Lancer! That cool bro-like personality wins it all. Thumbs up for Lancer!!!

On another note, Shirou was pretty sweet with his request with Lancer in regards to not acting chummy around Rin. Though Shirou's still an idiot and has a lot of screws loose, he's a sweet idiot. lol. I was expecting that he'll ask who Lancer's master is, but I guess Rin is more important than anything. Haha
lancer's and Saber's really are the best goto servants.

of course shirou knows what the top priority is.
Apr 25, 2015 10:09 PM

Jan 2015
Why is Lancer so awesome?
Apr 25, 2015 10:17 PM

Oct 2013
Lancer best wingman 2014
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Apr 25, 2015 10:18 PM

Jan 2011
Actually Shirou you lost something very important that day. Your sense of self worth.
Apr 25, 2015 10:22 PM

Jun 2014
Apr 25, 2015 10:25 PM

Apr 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:
Mormegil said:

can't deny facts though. brolancer is best lancer.
all other archers pale in comparison.
Apr 25, 2015 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome I enjoyed this, I can't wait to see Lancer vs Archer!
Apr 25, 2015 10:30 PM
Apr 25, 2015 11:05 PM
Jul 2007
The heart scene was disappointing >.>. It was supposed to be more epic like DEEN's.
Apr 25, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
epic is not the right word for that
Apr 25, 2015 11:21 PM

Feb 2015
fst said:

Oh well that was a bit more cringeworthy
Apr 25, 2015 11:26 PM

Jul 2007
chat77 said:
fst said:

DEEN's version was a whole lot better than what we got here.

Holy shit I never thought I'd say that.
Apr 25, 2015 11:27 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
chat77 said:

dont worry JC staff will soon surpass all FSN adaptations in 1 area soon enough
Apr 25, 2015 11:27 PM

Feb 2015
CookingPriest said:
chat77 said:

maybe they toned it down for the TV version?

though what happened with Ilya in ep 15 though....
Apr 25, 2015 11:36 PM
Apr 2011
Not even a god damn scratch after falling onto slabs of granite and twisted metal. That’s right Shirou, shake it off.
I still thought this was a better episode than the last and I’m glad it directly addressed Shirou’s suicidal heroism. It looks like they went with ‘survivor’s guilt’ as the dominant rationale for his cannon fodder aspirations. It’s still one of at least 5 different—and often contradictory—motivations that have been offered throughout the series but at least they are talking about it. I mean so what if it’s episode 16, he had me at *crazy eyes*.

Rin/Shirou
Wow. That’s two unequivocal declarations of attraction from Shirou in just 4 episodes. I’m actually impressed given his (apparent) complete lack of interest during the first cour. I knew it was going to eventually happen but to see such apathy in a man... He had more physical chemistry with Issei, with the high point of his romantic journey with Rin was getting boob-slammed against a brick wall. And God, that cringe-worthy date? Sure there was some teasing and a little ear blushing but I didn’t think there was a man alive that could recover from an awkward bus ride like that. Getting stabbed by Saber must have jiggled something and caused his balls to drop because all of a sudden he’s super upfront with his feelings.

Anyway, as abrupt as this transformation is, I appreciate the extra dimension that this typical tsundere romance adds to his otherwise stick figure personality. Call me sadistic, but I’d love to see him have to choose between his ideals and his budding relationship, and for the Gods of the FSN universe to revoke the free pass on consequences he’s been getting so far.

Was Rin's explanation of the pendant was supposed to be a mindfuck moment for the audience? It's hard to imagine considering we saw Shirou’s 2nd pendant in E2, and got heavy-handed foreshadowing like every other episode. Did the VN make it so obvious? When were you supposed to figure it out and when did Shirou figure it out?
Apr 25, 2015 11:47 PM

May 2014
It feels like you would legitimately just like the VN more lol

Although I don't know if you would make it past Fate route to get there.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.