Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 24, 2015 6:12 AM

Sep 2013
Stark700 said:

I fangirled so hard over this. I was literally squealing... I think my mom was utterly confused at the sounds she heard from downstairs xD

God, but after that ending in the second episode, the one where all the boys were there, and fighting the soldiers, I swear they have to have another season. I watched this show in a day, that's how much I liked it...
Jun 25, 2015 11:55 PM

Aug 2010
The yellow dragon joined in half an episode lol.. Though i wonder why he didnt feel the burning sensation and hear those voices? And I wanted to see his power too before this episode ends but we didn't get to see it...

That's a good way to end the series, with the question of what Yona wants to do next. The "sword" and the "shield"? I am guessing Hak is one of them (I'd like to think he is the sword, but several references have been made likening him to a shield so...), I wonder if Yun is the other one of them or will a new character appear later in the series. Although in the OP, Hak is pictured with a dragon, I'm not sure if that was in reference of his "Thunder Beast" nickname or a sign of some sort that he is also a dragon...? (is that even possible)

Ah it looks like Hak x Yona is not gonna be possible TT_____TT This scene was beautiful <3

Overall this series have been pretty great, though it could have been more if only it had been longer. I guess I'll take up to reading the manga, though it's still ongoing. I do wish this series have been longer though, like SaiMono or Juuni Kouki, because it seems that the first 20 episodes are the foundation to more exciting things. Also, then we could've seen more action and more character development. What a pity. Though I'm hoping for a season 2 where we can see all that!!!

Have quite enjoyed the music in this series, some very interesting ones they chose for OP and ED and also for the background music.

Season 2 onegaishimasu!!!
Jul 11, 2015 8:00 AM

May 2012
I usually tend to avoid anime with the shoujo tag like the plague, but this seemed pretty interesting, so I gave it a shot. It was pretty slow-paced for what basically amounted to gathering the dragons and the cutesy comedy that was prevalent throughout was annoying during the serious moments. I also kind of could have done without that scene near the beginning with confident Yona, Hak, Yun and all the dragons since it more or less spoiled everything.

But overall it was better than I expected. Like others have said, the characters were all pretty likable. Jae-ha was my favorite. Will watch season 2. 7/10
Jul 14, 2015 7:08 PM

Aug 2014
This serie is very awesome, and the ending was their beginning. I liked very much. This must receive the second season soon, because the story can't finish just like that.. Hope I can see it during the next season in Fall or even at the beginning of the new year in January. ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jul 15, 2015 2:10 AM
Feb 2015
HAK X YONA. NUFF SAID. 10/10 (I'm such a shipping trash...)
Jul 17, 2015 3:25 AM

Oct 2012
Oh, well. Their meeting with Zeno was pretty anticlimatic (as even Yun said in the episode) but on the other hand it was meant as parody of their effort to find him so easy. I wonder what his powers are though.

But it's pretty bad the last episode was actually step back to usual comedy and slapstick. If the show ended with previous episode it would be a lot better.

And I tired of hearing them always saying how Yona is weak. It almost seems like they have no confidence in her even though her coming of age was succesful. But at least Yona's speech near the waterfall nailed it. And her dialogue with Hak in the cave was just great. But... then again, I really don't like the fact they are trying hard to make Suwon look good in our eyes.

Judging simply by character developement, I like Yona's change a lot better than for example Arslan from latest anime. He is still the same as in the beginning whereas Yona changed a lot (well, at least in the final arc that is). Her journey was more intimate. I still find this anime underwhelming as a whole and some parts of it were really bad but at least this part they did good.

5/10
Jul 19, 2015 4:36 PM

Apr 2014
i wanted a kiss almost
waiting for 2nd season
hak is so loveable.......<3fangirling<3<3<3
soon woon has to do something what???
Jul 22, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2013
This anime as a whole had so many cringe-worthy moments with its huge load of inner monologues, childish and cheesy dialogues coupled with sometimes particularly awkward comedy.The show would've benefited from being a bit more gritty and dark. Every one seems to be happy and gay ( in the homo and non-momo way ) for no reason, and it pisses me off to see characters pulling out such corny lines at times. But I assume that these problems are inherent to the manga, beside they don't stop the show from being enjoyable and fun.
As an adaptation however, Studio Pierrot really hit the mark this time. Hoping for a S2 !
Aug 10, 2015 2:48 PM

May 2015
im hoping to see more
Aug 14, 2015 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
Well it was a decent ride. The characters were colorful and the story progressed nicely, even though I didn't like Kumji arc. I love Yona's development as a character, she's finally decided to move on and gain more strength to survive in the harsh reality.

6.5/10 imo
Aug 17, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
give me my fucking season 2 already, AAAAAAhhhhhh

if s2 does not happen, i'll read the manga :/
:3
Aug 18, 2015 8:55 AM
Dec 2014
Milky_way1886 said:
Great fucking series, and I don't even like shoujos god fucking damn it!!

S2 or we riot

9/10 overall

I'll hijack a plane and demand the immediate release of a 2nd season of Yona.

This is the reason why I hate watching ongoing shows... the hope for a new season. I'll pickup the BD.
Aug 28, 2015 11:31 PM
Jul 2015
hi, the episode was great! support hak x yona!!!
btw, i need to know, what is the chinese song when hak kiss yona on the forehead? it was beautiful and i can't the song anywhere. what is the tittle of the song? i desperately want them >____<
Sep 7, 2015 10:20 AM

Dec 2013
Where the hell is 2nd Season? I NEED IT
Sep 7, 2015 6:46 PM

Apr 2014
No hints at a season 2 yet... Loved this anime. Following the Manga religiously now. Manga's quite a bit further along, so if you want to feed your craving for more Yona and get some more insights on Zeno's character... :3c
Sep 13, 2015 11:50 PM
The Cutest♡

May 2011
SPENT THE ENTIRE SERIES SCREAMING FOR HAK AND YONA TO JUST *BANG* ALREADY OR /SOMETHING/ BUT NO. NO. NOT THIS SERIES. NOPE.
SPENT A BILLION EPISODES FINDING THE GREEN DRAGON, AFTER HAVING SPENT A BILLION EPISODES FINDING THE BLUE DRAGON, AND THEN SUDDENLY YELLOW APPEARS OUT OF DEUS EX MACHINA LAND AND THEN IT'S OVER????????
THAT WAS IT?????????
WHERE IS THE REST OF IT?????????
THERE WAS NO RESOLUTION AT ALL WHATSOEVER.
OH MY GOD.
i have so many feelings inside of me and i'm so angry and frustrated and sad and just UGHUGHUGH WHY ;_;
Sep 27, 2015 11:59 PM
Jul 2014
I loved this anime! Each and every character's development throughout the anime was magnificent and in-depth. The story line was so addicting and overall great! One thing I hate about this anime is the ending! It was completely rushed and deserved at least 5 more episodes to finish it off nicely!

I just wish that a second season would start already! They can't just end it like that!
Oct 11, 2015 10:42 PM

Jul 2007
Wonderful show. I loved the blend of action, comedy, and drama. All the characters (even the bad guys) were described well, though I have my concerns about there being too many characters for future seasons to flesh out properly..

All n all, my only complaint is we still don't know if a second season will ever appear. That's pretty typical with the shows I watch but still annoying...

Still solid 9/10 from me!
Oct 15, 2015 11:59 AM
Dec 2014
80% liked it?? Really?? Did you watch the same episode as me?

Well, to be honest, it's not the episodes fault, but this episodes supposed to be an ending.

Really, 24 episodes are time to offer much more than what happened in this show. I'm so totally disappointed with this ending.
Oct 16, 2015 5:50 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm not enough episodes
Need more
But the manga is still ongoing
Oh well

Gotta look forward for the continuation
"Signature removed"
Oct 22, 2015 7:23 PM

Jul 2013
That was a nice ending.

I didn't expect that Zeno would join the party so fast. The reaction of everyone when they find out he is the yellow dragon was really funny. :D

Omg and that expression of Hak about the Dark Dragon "That sounds cool" xD

Zeno is hard to describe. When he spoke about what Yona want to do and some other things, he look so serious, but at the same time totally normal. So I'm not to sure about what his power is I only have a feeling what it could be.

To see Iksu again was also nice. So lucky that he didn't die, such a clumsy guy^^

And of course Hak and Yona scene, this kiss on her forehead <3 (want to see more of this >.<)

I can't believe it's over, hopefully only for the moment. I enjoyed the whole show from the first moment on and I loved this mix of action, romantic, comedy, drama etc. Also every character was well described and everything dragged me right into the story.

I hope so much that this will get a seacond season. There's so much questions and things I want to see. Anyways I'm glad that I decided to watch it. 9/10 for me :)
Natsu88Oct 22, 2015 8:00 PM

Oct 25, 2015 7:33 AM

Feb 2010
Yellow dragon appeared at the end, but it's easily my favourite!

Hack&Yona. What he said in the cave - that's love. I get the impression Yona understood, yet she always plays the clueless part when Hack is doing something romantic. I'm almost certain now, that she is faking misunderstanding. Doesn't want him to confess for some reason? Anyway, that was a great show and since it was a faithful adaptation, I hope for second season, and third.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Nov 6, 2015 2:50 AM
Nov 2013
KaneTrain said:
Great show hope there is a season 2 or I will probably cry

same xDD
Nov 30, 2015 7:08 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was at one pint a bit slow, Yellow dragon joins the group too fas (As Hak Says he has the record of joining too fast winning against White dragon).

At the other point... Nothing really happens, Now that all group is together, what will happen? Does Yona will fight Su Woo or something?
Jan 6, 2016 3:29 AM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:
You guys can't tell me you don't ship Hak x Yona after seeing how loving Hak was in this moment! I really hope that Yona will eventually come to realize Hak's feelings, because while it's funny to see how dense Yona is, it pains me to know that Hak's feelings will go unrequited for some jokes.

Despite the flaws the series had, the one thing that it excels on is its character interaction. I have enjoyed how the author writes the interaction between the characters. Many times have they brought me to tears because of how genuine they felt.

Amazing series and hopefully season 2 get announced soon. I know we have a lot of uncovered materials from the manga (enough to last 3 cours apparently) so now we can only pray!

Edit: Totally forgot to mention the amazing opening 2.
ToG25thBaamJan 6, 2016 4:07 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 18, 2016 7:13 AM

Feb 2010
Wah, quite good for a shoujo

i hate Yona at first but she gets more awesome scene in latest episode
7/10 +1 because of Shin-Ah oh yeah bby you're so adorable~
so 8/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 18, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2008
Just finished the series and I love it, all dragons are now together but what is felt is to know what their path lies with Yona and what she wants to do.

Shame Zeino didnt get more screentime or i should say introduced right at the end but heres hoping for season two.

Hak x Yona was a reason for me to watch this series but also the story and directing was very impressive. I want moreeeeee!

9/10
Jan 21, 2016 12:51 AM
May 2015

Definitely one of the great anime, but will there be any season 2? The manga is over 110 chapters now, it will be very disappointing if there is no season 2. 10/10, fav anime, fav character Hak. Hak x Yona <3
Feb 2, 2016 3:29 PM

Aug 2014
i love how they ended the series with the opening scene.

overall akatsuki no yona was good. the soundtrack is amazing. the plot was boring at point but still managed to interest me in the end.
Feb 3, 2016 6:53 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Truly the best Shoujo anime I've ever seen so far......the blend between action, adventure, comedy, and drama is outstanding, the same can be said with its great character developments and story.

I regret I didn't watch this when this was still airing.

The 2nd season of this is a must.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 6, 2016 1:30 PM

Sep 2015
RayAdha said:
Truly the best Shoujo anime I've ever seen so far......the blend between action, adventure, comedy, and drama is outstanding, the same can be said with its great character developments and story.

I regret I didn't watch this when this was still airing.

The 2nd season of this is a must.

My own thoughts,it's a shame if this doesn't get a season 2,this is probably the best shoujo ever made lol.
Apr 3, 2016 7:01 AM

Jan 2012
alpha_shadow said:

So have u read the manga (did u enjoy it same as the anime)

ot:wait what damn is this the end , she didn't kill the king, it really needs a season 2.
9/10 , usually i am not into romance anime but this is different

Apr 3, 2016 8:19 AM

Jun 2014
AllenVonStein said:
alpha_shadow said:

So have u read the manga (did u enjoy it same as the anime)

ot:wait what damn is this the end , she didn't kill the king, it really needs a season 2.
9/10 , usually i am not into romance anime but this is different

I plan on doing it when I'm done with exams and stuff. I also want to buy it.
:3
Apr 8, 2016 6:48 PM

Aug 2012
AAAAH no I don't want it to stop T^T !!!

I really like the whole series, but this episode in particular was a lil bit sad....
I didn't like how yona is still holding feelings for dat bish suu-won
I'm feeling so bad for Hak ;^;

but overall it was good ending,specially bringing back ikutsu :'D
I reaaaaaaalllly hope there will be a second season,I feel like it HAS TO !!

I heared rumors that it will be aired in 2016.... pls tell me it's true
Apr 11, 2016 12:54 PM

Jul 2015
Very enjoyable anime gave me arslan senki vibes awesome stuff :D can't wait for the ova's 8/10
May 7, 2016 7:29 PM
May 2016
Found this little jewel of a series about a week ago and finished all 24 episodes pretty fast, now really wishing I had taken my time. Been over a year since the last episode of season 1 aired and still no word on a season 2? Loving anime breaks my heart.
May 17, 2016 6:11 PM

Apr 2013
This was one of my first shoujo anime, but holy shit this was awesome.
Season 2 pretty plox.
May 18, 2016 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
Among the four dragons, Zeno is the fastest one to be recruited in the group.

I love the chemistry between Hak and Yona. When he embraced and kissed her while she was taking a beauty sleep, I squealed. Not even a proper kiss though. But at least they had a beautiful moment with each other. Hak x Yona till the end. OTP. ♥

While watching this whole show, I experienced a roller coaster of emotions that made me hold my breath, tear up, smile and laugh throughout.

A beautiful show overall. The character development of each character is great. The OST is also stunning. There are many lessons of this story, like being loyal to your friends, being able to stand up while conquering your fears, being able to overcome your weaknesses and struggles in life, etc. But one lesson that really stand out for me is that a woman, like me, can be powerful too. Yona's character is a perfect example. Throughout the story, she's greatly improving. Never underestimate what the girls can do!

It's pretty obvious that the story doesn't end there. I'm hoping for the second season!
May 20, 2016 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
I really liked this anime, well made characters, and good character delopoment, homour that isnt out of place. And it actually has a great political display of how things works, and consequences. Really liked it, how come we still dont have another season with some many shitty shows still going? Its beyond me. Hated this didnt end in anime format.
May 23, 2016 4:32 PM
May 2016
@konatachan80 Well (Sort of a spoiler) [/spoiler in the manga, Zeno said that he was watching Yona from the moment she escape the castle and to now, because he wanted to see if she was a good person to follow.]
Jun 4, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2012
zKitsune said:
Yellow dragon the best dragon. if theres a season 2 they gotta make Su-won more dark. They lost it after they started looking for dragons. I mean his character is probably bad action(killing the king) but good heart kinda guy especially, after him helping that town with the war games and i think he said that Yona's father killed his, i can't remember.

but that would be kinda boring and Hak would have to see Yona like Su-won all over again....lol
the road to hell is paved to good intentions. Do you know what is the worse thing and the most evil thing someone can do after doing something bad? to justify it. he tells himself he want to help the people of the kingdom but he is unfit for this. He can make a great army leader but not a good king. his solutions are temporary and do not solve the big problems like the fire tribe basically starving. that should have been his first focus. To improve farming and such. The person that wrote this probably does not realize money have no real value in themselves. Without farming your population will be rich but starving.
Jun 4, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
richard360 said:
Damn that was crack. thank God there's the manga. I really want to see how Su-Won revives the country while Yona and the crew do their thing on the inside.

pity Su-Won is still gona die though. the moment I heard him say "I cant die yet, still got ish to do" I saw death flags everywhere.

great stuff 9/10
he deludes himself. his attempts are futile.
Jun 15, 2016 7:55 PM

May 2010
Man, was this EP rushed. Didn't feel like the last one at all. So many things have happened, that I was genuinely surprised when the credits rolled. Especially that meeting with the yellow dragon, Zeno, it was so random :D He seems cute enough and slightly mysterious, too bad we didn't get to see more of him.

I sincerely hope for the second season - this anime was pretty good, but it was just gathering the party, come on, I'm sure way more exciting events are awaiting. This was not nearly enough :< It's like Fushigi Yuugi was cut in half. For now - 7.5/10, until we get to see the continuation, at least.
Jun 16, 2016 3:47 PM

Jun 2016
Completely agree with the post above: a rushed episde and final. Too much time is spent on introducing characters that nothing happened related to the main plot. It is like an introductory season that lets us get to know the main characters and when you just expect things to happen, it ends.

I didn't like the fourth dragon at all - maybe because we didn't get to know him. Also, there was not as much romance as I thought there would. Maybe in the next season? (There should definitely be a second season, it cant end this way- it is the story of a princess who is deprived of her kingdom and wants it back, not of a girl who meets new people without an aim).

Anyway, my score is still 8/10.
Jun 17, 2016 5:09 AM

May 2016
Oh man i want season 2 >.<

*shipping hard*
Jun 18, 2016 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
Shouldn't Akatsuki no Yona get a Historical tag under it's genre considering it's in a historical setting?

Jul 8, 2016 4:53 PM
Dec 2014
Overall, the 24th episode ending the arc, the final dragon is once again, very distinct from the others, and I'd also like to see this series continue (and will probably check out the manga). I am also going to use this thread to give my overall impression of the series.

I gave up on shoujo a couple of years back so it was much on a whim and good fortune that I came across this anime and checked it out without checking out what it was going to be.

The thing I hate about shoujo, is that every other shoujo protagonists so far has made me want to scoop my brain out with a spoon. Typically they are very wishy washy about where their heart lies, and it often shows up in the most inappropriate moment.

Yona on the other hand has been likable. After the tragedy she's tried and is actually succeeding in growing as a character. When the time comes to really confront Soo-Won, I hold some hope that I won't end up face palming.

The other characters have also been pretty likeable as a whole. I am finding myself rooting for Hak and I like the fact that while the dragons are sworn to her, it doesn't make them romantically involved (no reverse harem to be found). Yun works well as the brain of the group. Even Soo-Won seem to be placing himself as a tragic villain.

Art, music, story, pacing, for most part I felt worked well. They did well avoiding fillers, even the scenes void of actions were put to good use to develop the relationship between characters. There was probably only two scenes that bothered me over the 24 episodes. One was the way Yona grabbed and lit the fireworks - they should've been easily able to mob her the way it was done - I would've preferred it if Yun had dropped it before getting apprehended or something. And the other one I can't even remember so it can't have been that important.
AxBattlerJul 8, 2016 5:07 PM
Aug 23, 2016 5:41 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty good show. I liked it enough that I'd be interested in seeing season 2 (if it ever comes), if not, I'll read the manga.

7/10
Oct 16, 2016 9:13 PM
Jul 2016
LOVE IT! Hard to move on after Watching the anime then continuing to the manga. Now on Chapter 130. Will definitely follow it from here on.
Oct 29, 2016 11:20 PM
Jul 2016
Any announcement for second season?
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

9 by Zhiyu48 »»
Sep 13, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

147 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 29, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2014

190 by Aletheia_xxx »»
Jun 1, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.