Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
Wow, can't believe I managed to last this long without ranting:

This anime is full of horrible women and the writer is an idiot.
Why is the concept of fucking psychotherapy foreign to anyone in Japan The dude has serious mental problems, yet the authors thinks that a cute companion can somehow cure these severe issues through sheer "love and attention"? This is not how it works...

ESPECIALLY WHEN BOTH YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIENDS AND YOUR SUPPOSED LOVE INTEREST ARE ABUSIVE AS FUCK AND DO EVERYTHING TO FORTIFY SAID TRAUMA

Seriously:
- Violent behaviour towards a mentally damaged person.
- Stalking and bullying him into joining activities he doesn't want to do.
- Making him relive the most traumatic experiences in his life.

Are we supposed to feel sympathy for the female main characters here? Because all I see are some people who use a fake altruism to foster highly egocentrical goals while putting their supposed friend through suffering. And even worse is the fact that the anime's messages seem to support these girls. Even his friend joins in on the "disbelief at his lack of accompanying ability" train despite better knowledge. Why!?
It's baffling how the author thinks we can be supportive of such a rotten personality just because she is good at playing music and looks cute? Oh, because she has a disease! Give me a break: Another way to add cheap drama and make her sympathetic despite our better knowledge.

Everything Kaori did was egocentric so far (She only wants a good support for her violin and even gets mad when he actually gets better at the end of the performance because he "might steal her thunder"!) and it is baffling to see so many people both in-universe and here being supportive of her. And Kousei's sickness gets downplayed simply because
a) the author is too incompetent to write it more realistically or
b) the author is a giant asshole who thinks psychological trauma is not serious and is fun to mock.

I think it is a mixture of both.

Ironicallly enough though, the anime mirrors Kaori: Nice looks and presentation, but rotten content. But since apparently appearances matter more than content, this criticism will not garner much attention.

It's MAL. Most people would never think to examine things this deeply lol. The show looks kind of pretty and has a particular stylization to it and engages in pleasantries like musical performances and light hearted slap stick comedy, that's what matters nowadays. It's all very textbook really. I mean look what stylization in color pallete and art style did for something like No Game No Life while it was airing if you ever have any doubt as to what the most important factor is in MAL evaluating a show as a collective is. This shows definitely better than NGNL IMO, but yeah it took a long time for people to point out something that seems rather obvious about how the situation is being portrayed in the adaptation. The manga it doesn't come across quite like this and I don't think it was intentional with the anime adaptation, it's just kind of an unfortunate side effect of the adaptation process so far.
PeacingOutNov 3, 2014 11:27 AM
Nov 3, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2011

Thank you. Seriously.
Nov 3, 2014 4:40 PM

Oct 2014

Aaah... I actually wonder why there haven't been any critics that'd talk about this issue earlier... Well, now one of those critics have brought the issue up, and quite harshly.. ^_^' Harsh, but true... One will always wonder when watching this show, "Why would everyone so egoistic and abusive toward him!?"

Having read the manga to its latest update (even raw), I won't comment anything as it will mean spoiler. Maybe even some people who do the critics already read it and thought nothing much has change. I'll just see how the story will play out in the anime. Cheers!
New_-Nov 3, 2014 4:44 PM
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 4, 2014 4:53 AM

Feb 2012
just watched episodes 3 and 4. this and parasyte are the best anime i've seen in quite a while. seriously, kaori is the embodiment of grace when she's on stage. in fact, i would go so far as declaring that she inspires a certain degree of reverence during her performances. however..

does she really need to be such a bitch the rest of the time? i mean, is it really necessary to have her abuse kousei in some form, EVERY SINGLE EPISODE? there are much better ways to explain one's point of view, and besides, it achieves nothing save for making kaori's character more inconsistent. oh and i'm also a bit concerned about the ending of the 4th episode. it'll be disappointing, to say the least, if it turns out that kaori has but a few months to live, thanks to a life threatening disease.

they also seem to have forgotten about the relationship between kaori and watari. i find it hard to believe that tsubaki would've introduced her friend to someone like him.
if you disagree with what i say, feel free to comment on my profile. in all likelihood, i won't come back to this thread.

Nov 4, 2014 8:58 AM
Nov 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
Wow, can't believe I managed to last this long without ranting:

This anime is full of horrible women and the writer is an idiot.
Why is the concept of fucking psychotherapy foreign to anyone in Japan The dude has serious mental problems, yet the authors thinks that a cute companion can somehow cure these severe issues through sheer "love and attention"? This is not how it works...

ESPECIALLY WHEN BOTH YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIENDS AND YOUR SUPPOSED LOVE INTEREST ARE ABUSIVE AS FUCK AND DO EVERYTHING TO FORTIFY SAID TRAUMA

Seriously:
- Violent behaviour towards a mentally damaged person.
- Stalking and bullying him into joining activities he doesn't want to do.
- Making him relive the most traumatic experiences in his life.

Are we supposed to feel sympathy for the female main characters here? Because all I see are some people who use a fake altruism to foster highly egocentrical goals while putting their supposed friend through suffering. And even worse is the fact that the anime's messages seem to support these girls. Even his friend joins in on the "disbelief at his lack of accompanying ability" train despite better knowledge. Why!?
It's baffling how the author thinks we can be supportive of such a rotten personality just because she is good at playing music and looks cute? Oh, because she has a disease! Give me a break: Another way to add cheap drama and make her sympathetic despite our better knowledge.

Everything Kaori did was egocentric so far (She only wants a good support for her violin and even gets mad when he actually gets better at the end of the performance because he "might steal her thunder"!) and it is baffling to see so many people both in-universe and here being supportive of her. And Kousei's sickness gets downplayed simply because
a) the author is too incompetent to write it more realistically or
b) the author is a giant asshole who thinks psychological trauma is not serious and is fun to mock.

I think it is a mixture of both.

Ironicallly enough though, the anime mirrors Kaori: Nice looks and presentation, but rotten content. But since apparently appearances matter more than content, this criticism will not garner much attention.

Wow. Such a strong critics you put there. But here is my opinion:

1. This is an anime. Nothing in this anime had been happened in reality. Everything happened in here is a work of fiction. Logic of the "real world" will not work on this anime. For example: Should you do the same things like Kaori did to someone who his mentally is severely broken, you'll sure be jailed.

2. This anime teach us to bully the person with psychological trauma? Like hell they would. Tell me, have you ever wanted to help a person that had trauma to overcome? Or helping someone to move on and get a life after a severe failure and alike? Or have you ever happened to have a friends who picks you up from your broken state? You remembered those? good. That's what this anime teach. If you think, that there are better "way" to tell the viewer that with more realistic way. Please refer to my 1st opinion. If you are not satisfied with my answers, by all means, please stop the rant and drop the anime. No one cares if you don't watch it anyway.. ;)

3. I found myself alike with Kousei. I had several fears and some other "problems". This anime shows to me that I'll never solve my problems if I never go out and fight my problems. Isn't this also a good thing that this anime teach us?

Well, if you still thinking this is an anime about abusive-egocentric-about-to-dying-voilanist-girl, then you are completely wrong. This anime is more than that. If you can't get my perspective, then maybe, it would be better for you to drop anime and don't come back to watch it. Like what I did to Cross Ange.
Nov 4, 2014 12:41 PM
Jul 2014
Emitsun said:
1. This is an anime. Nothing in this anime had been happened in reality. Everything happened in here is a work of fiction. Logic of the "real world" will not work on this anime. For example: Should you do the same things like Kaori did to someone who his mentally is severely broken, you'll sure be jailed.
Talk about stating the obvious. So we should accept everything thrown at us without any critical sense? Kousei's trauma is the main focus of the anime (at this point). Some people can't overlook the way it is treated. The fact that this isn't the real world doesn't matter. Details can hinder the experience exactly like in a fantasy story some details can break your suspension of disbelief.
Emitsun said:
2. This anime teach us to bully the person with psychological trauma? Like hell they would. Tell me, have you ever wanted to help a person that had trauma to overcome? Or helping someone to move on and get a life after a severe failure and alike? Or have you ever happened to have a friends who picks you up from your broken state? You remembered those? good. That's what this anime teach. If you think, that there are better "way" to tell the viewer that with more realistic way. Please refer to my 1st opinion.
You rightly said friends. In fact, Tsubaki's somewhat pushing behavior may be acceptable. Kaori, as of right now, barely knows Kousei and she's not pushing him as a way to help him but just for her own personal gain. She needs an accompaniment so it may as well be the poor broken gullible talented kid.
Emitsun said:
If you are not satisfied with my answers, by all means, please stop the rant and drop the anime. No one cares if you don't watch it anyway.. ;)
The last sentence is clearly unnecessary. No need to get rude just because someone doesn't worship your favorite anime.
Emitsun said:
3. I found myself alike with Kousei. I had several fears and some other "problems". This anime shows to me that I'll never solve my problems if I never go out and fight my problems. Isn't this also a good thing that this anime teach us?
There are many anime with a good message that don't convey it properly. Not saying this is necessarily the case. Time will tell.
Emitsun said:
Well, if you still thinking this is an anime about abusive-egocentric-about-to-dying-voilanist-girl, then you are completely wrong.
No. This is an anime about curing your trauma via an "abusive-egocentric-about-to-dying-voilanist-girl".
Emitsun said:
This anime is more than that. If you can't get my perspective, then maybe, it would be better for you to drop anime and don't come back to watch it. Like what I did to Cross Ange.
It's not like your perspective is absolute.
Nov 4, 2014 6:23 PM
Apr 2014
Some people here thinks that people with traumas or psychological problems are useless and you should feel sorry for them.

I hope you guys never meet someone like that and if you do, then I feel sorry for that guy/girl, not because of his/her trauma, but because having someone like that as a friend is... oh god.

Said by someone with severe deppression, btw.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 4, 2014 7:02 PM
Nov 2014
type-beta said:
Talk about stating the obvious. So we should accept everything thrown at us without any critical sense? Kousei's trauma is the main focus of the anime (at this point). Some people can't overlook the way it is treated. The fact that this isn't the real world doesn't matter. Details can hinder the experience exactly like in a fantasy story some details can break your suspension of disbelief.

I lol'd. well, for me, those people are taking this anime too seriously. I meant, we know what Kaori did is abusive and should not be done on real world. Not even a good example for us to support someone with trauma. Unless you are watching with a kid, this detail won't even a matter on a fiction world like anime.

type-beta said:
You rightly said friends. In fact, Tsubaki's somewhat pushing behavior may be acceptable. Kaori, as of right now, barely knows Kousei and she's not pushing him as a way to help him but just for her own personal gain. She needs an accompaniment so it may as well be the poor broken gullible talented kid.

and due to her selfishness,greedines, we see Kousei is try to get out from his shell on this episode and we saw another angelic violin performance! Huraaay! :D

type-beta said:
The last sentence is clearly unnecessary. No need to get rude just because someone doesn't worship your favorite anime.

That's the rude of me, sorry.. :D
But really, if you can't stand watch this bully, you better stop now.

type-beta said:
There are many anime with a good message that don't convey it properly. Not saying this is necessarily the case. Time will tell.

We'll see. I read the anime onward to chapter 22 and I got several good messages

type-beta said:
No. This is an anime about curing your trauma via an "abusive-egocentric-about-to-dying-voilanist-girl".

Well, true.

type-beta said:
It's not like your perspective is absolute.

I'm sure my perspective is not absolute. Everyone can see this anime from any views. I enjoy the anime with my own perspective. if you cannot enjoy it, as I said above, leave it quietly. Because ranting is contagious.

ps.
It's nice to have debate with you. I hope you can make it to episode 5 for another debate.
Nov 4, 2014 8:50 PM
Jul 2014
Reyxe said:
Some people here thinks that people with traumas or psychological problems are useless and you should feel sorry for them.
From my point of view, it's more about Kaori's behaviour. She's just plain selfish. I don't feel bad for Kousei per se. The problem is how he is treated and exploited.
Let's suppose Kaori's disease is asthma. It would be as if Kousei, despite knowing of her condition, begged and guilt trapped her into taking part in a relay race just because his team is a member short. Wouldn't you feel bad for the poor girl? Or we can just overlook Kousei's problem because the cheerful savior girl is the ultimate wish-fulfillment cliché?
Emitsun said:
I lol'd. well, for me, those people are taking this anime too seriously. I meant, we know what Kaori did is abusive and should not be done on real world. Not even a good example for us to support someone with trauma. Unless you are watching with a kid, this detail won't even a matter on a fiction world like anime.
We are in an anime discussion forum. Some people likes to point out the flaws and I don't see this as a problem. The degree of involvement is subjective. If it isn't important for you it doesn't mean it isn't important for everyone else.
Emitsun said:
and due to her selfishness,greedines, we see Kousei is try to get out from his shell on this episode and we saw another angelic violin performance! Huraaay! :D
You're simply an advocate of "the end justify the means". Some people likes to add a "does not" to that. Good for Kousei. Kaori is still selfish and with no empathy, though.
Emitsun said:
That's the rude of me, sorry.. :D
But really, if you can't stand watch this bully, you better stop now.
I don't mind. Classical music and sakura petals still make up for that. Also, noone is assuming the show won't be able to get better in this regard.
Emitsun said:
We'll see. I read the anime onward to chapter 22 and I got several good messages
Like in every form of art, the interpretation of meanings is subjective. You see Kousei getting over his trauma. Some people sees him getting abused and exploited. I personally see them both.
Emitsun said:
I'm sure my perspective is not absolute. Everyone can see this anime from any views. I enjoy the anime with my own perspective. if you cannot enjoy it, as I said above, leave it quietly. Because ranting is contagious.
I didn't write the disapproving post. As for "leave it quietly", this is a discussion forum, not a fan club. Far be it from me wanting to be rude (after rebuking you), but if you can't stand critics (spreading), then you're the one who shouldn't read forums. Moreover, as far as I can tell, critics here are the only source of discussion thus far.
temp_usernameNov 4, 2014 9:03 PM
Nov 4, 2014 9:03 PM

Feb 2012
Emitsun said:

i disagree. kaori's abusive nature detracts from the emotions that the anime is trying to evoke. i wouidn't have minded it if this show was a slapstick comedy.
RyugaHellsingNov 4, 2014 9:09 PM
if you disagree with what i say, feel free to comment on my profile. in all likelihood, i won't come back to this thread.

Nov 4, 2014 9:41 PM
Nov 2014
type-beta said:
I didn't write the disapproving post. As for "leave it quietly", this is a discussion forum, not a fan club. Far be it from me wanting to be rude (after rebuking you), but if you can't stand critics (spreading), then you're the one who shouldn't read forums. Moreover, as far as I can tell, critics here are the only source of discussion thus far.

I see.. Guess I went too far defending this anime.Sorry for my rudeness. Please continue your "discussions".
Nov 4, 2014 10:15 PM

Jul 2012
@the big argument about criticism about abusing MC etc.
I actually agree, but it's not hindering my enjoyment by much. The random slapstick bugs me more than the actual flawed characterization. I don't really get annoyed by weak characters in the first place. Like, I managed to finish plenty other shows with weaker characters.

RyugaHellsing said:
i wouidn't have minded it if this show was a slapstick comedy.

no way. the comedy should be just taken out completely because it's hurting the seriousness of it.
MayukaNov 4, 2014 10:19 PM
Nov 4, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
Intense episode, the performance was amazing. I forgot Kaori fainted, unexpected considering Kosei was the wan having his internal struggles and whatnot.

Saw all that eye contact and meaningful gazes too whhhoooo drama.

I don't want Kousei to remain trapped by his trauma or anything but part of me wishes he just said he didn't want to accompany Kaori, stuck to his guns and told Tsubaki to butt out. It irks me a tad when people assume someone needs to be "fixed", disregard their feelings, and keeps pushing them to suit their own selves. Though the intentions are good, I still think it's selfish.
Nov 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Mar 2012
Loved this episode. Mamiko Noto's Japanese version of "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" really did drive me to tears, since some moments of the anime tend to give off some feels and make me cry. lol
Nov 5, 2014 12:05 AM

Nov 2011
I was wondering how long it would take for Tsubaki's/Kaori's behavior to catch on over here. There's been a crapstorm over it on another site I frequent since the last episode.

Anyway, I don't think it's so much Kaori as it is Tsubaki here. Kaori doesn't know what Kousei has been through. She expressed concern over the way they were pushing on the bus too. If anyone should be blamed here, it's Tsubaki: She should know what Kousei has been through.

It wouldn't be as much of a problem in itself if the show didn't take itself seriously or if it didn't present the bullying/abuse in a good light. Sure, it's understandable for middle schoolers to think that sort of thing might be an okay way to push their friend even if it would actually be really bad irl, but the narration itself is painting it in spring colors and making light of it. That's not okay.

That's why this anime leaves me with mixed thoughts overall so far. The emotional portions of the show are excellent, and Kousei is definitely a good character. However, the way this story is treating his predicament has been disrespectful so far. I hope they distance themselves from this scenario soon.

I wrote loads more elsewhere, but that's my thoughts on it in a nutshell. The comedy is a creepy/disturbing contrast to Kousei's background, and the belittlement of his situation is almost offensive. This wouldn't be a positive situation irl.

Get back to the beginning of the last episode with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. That was a much better way to present a push, given Kousei's background.

Nidhoeggr said:
parfaited said:
but it's okay for her to be abusive since she's dying or something!

Just like his abusive mother! How ironic! How deep! Now, imagine the message this series could present us at the end:
"Abuse is ok as long as the abusive person is a cute girl!"
I really think this is a postive message and not at all problematic.

I actually found this even more ironic since, if Kaori dies, it will be the exact same situation as it was with his mother, only with psychological abuse rather than physical abuse.

In a meta sense it's pretty interesting to see a story do something like this, even if it's horrible from a standards standpoint.
TripleSRankNov 5, 2014 12:11 AM
Nov 5, 2014 7:28 AM
Jul 2014
Emitsun said:
I see.. Guess I went too far defending this anime.Sorry for my rudeness. Please continue your "discussions".
Irony won't help you. Don't mock other people's opinions just because you can't see past yourself.
Nov 5, 2014 8:10 AM

Oct 2014
All this discussion, the points that is brought, I have to say... that I'm agree with those. But I'll try to be subtle and avoid the word "bullying" as in my dictionary, "bullying" is an abusive act with a negative intention (I could be wrong though). Kaori and Tsubaki has.... "good reason/intention"... to "force" Kousei to play piano. But "good intention" without regarding the person's ability to accept that "good reason" is actually.. useless.

It has been stated that some part of Arima Kousei is actually still longing to play piano again. It is just that his past trauma blocked him from it. So it's like something that you'd still want to grasp, but then there is this big iron wall blocking you and making you scared. Kaori and Tsubaki tried to destroy that wall, in a wrong way. I mean, you can't just force Kousei abusively to break through the wall when he is friggin' scared to it (except, of course, if he was the other "Arima" #ifyouknowwhatimean). And Tsubaki, at least as a friend, she should know damn well about Kousei's trauma and try a softer approach. Buuuuut, they (she) didn't.

I won't rant about Kaori as it has already been stated by above posts. But when I try to see it from other side, some questions appear; Why would Kaori gone so far to force Kousei play piano? Who is he to her? If it is Tsubaki, I may see a little "reasoning". But Kaori? The girl just barely know Kousei simply as a "prodigy that all people in their generation know". Why the force to someone you barely know?. The story has taken a dangerous and risky route, but I think there're still something that needs to be uncovered. Even as manga reader, answers to the questions above still remain unanswered.

Oh, a little present from me as a manga reader:

And that, friends, is my two cents. I could be wrong, as it is seen from my perspective. You can tell me which part I was wrong or missing, and we'll discuss about that. :)
New_-Nov 5, 2014 8:13 AM
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 5, 2014 8:28 AM
Apr 2014
type-beta said:
Reyxe said:
From my point of view, it's more about Kaori's behaviour. She's just plain selfish. I don't feel bad for Kousei per se. The problem is how he is treated and exploited.
Let's suppose Kaori's disease is asthma. It would be as if Kousei, despite knowing of her condition, begged and guilt trapped her into taking part in a relay race just because his team is a member short. Wouldn't you feel bad for the poor girl? Or we can just overlook Kousei's problem because the cheerful savior girl is the ultimate wish-fulfillment cliché?

Even with his trauma, is not that Kaori knows about it at first, then she is just trying to help him, as you see, Kousei doesn't complain about her, its just as Tsubaki says, he "doesn't want to play the piano" but keeps doing it anyway, for them, its as if Kousei wanted to play it, just can't. Kaori is the only one that is able to help him. She just wants him to move forward, he obviously loves the piano, therefore, what Kousei said, "she's just like spring", she is bringing colors to his monochrome life and i know how that feels. Comparing it to ashtma isn't really accurate either, he CAN play the piano, he just needs to look things at another perspective, which is what Kaori is going to do for him. And answering you, yes, if what you said is all the info, then yea, I would feel bad for her, BUT, if she loves running and she doesn't complain, then no, cause shes doing what she wants despite her disease, Kousei won't die from the trauma and she's not throwing him into the contest alone, she's with him, giving him the support he needs, she doesn't care about winning either.

Its just like Hyouka Houtarou x Chitanda but Kousei has a trauma while Houtarou was just lazy and couldn't find anything that interests him.

Nov 5, 2014 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
Intense episode, Kaori fainting and seeing Kosei overcome his strugglings.

I feel some jealousy happening next ep.
Nov 5, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2007
This show seems destined to be the next massively overpraised A-1 show on MAL that people just jizz about how amazing it is every week without ever saying anything of actual substance that justifies all the praising. It just never ceases to amaze me how the very few people that seem actually somewhat critical of the show actually have more to say in analysis of the characters and overall package than the people that are apparently head over heels in love with it. Extremely telling stuff, like this is how people watch and react to their supposedly masterpiece tier anime now lol.

Personally I call this phenomenon the presumption of artistry. Like it's so clear people decided based off the look of the show alone right with the first episode and all the pleasantries and little visual cues that anime loves to use nowadays that are always guaranteed to hook certain people (the whole Kaori on top of the playground centerpiece with the animation flourish scene in particular was clearly intended to be one of those moments) that we had an instant masterpiece on our hands right off the bat and are now kind of just going through the motions casually noting the musical aspects and the melodrama and just saying what has already been predetermined, that it's amazing and masterful. Then you have the people that have been ACTUALLY watching the show in the traditional sense finally speaking up a bit more now without just having arbitrarily deciding how the show was supposed to be received because of how it looks and sounds and who are noting some of the weirdness in how the characters and their relationships are coming across as kind of messed up and clearly unintentionally so.

Honestly man A-1 relies so much on audio-visual cues and subtle manipulations it's absolutely ridiculous and doubly so since they're pretty much an industry leader now and have nothing really to show for it in terms of anything that looks like it'll ever have the chance of standing the test of time. It's just such a complete joke to watch unfold season after season and how readily people just buy completely into their approach more and more reinforcing this idea they have that they're pushing the envelope in anyway with what they're doing. It's absolutely no wonder anime is in the rut it's in nowadays and you have older creators coming back desperately trying (probably in vain) to do something to set anime back on a less completely style over substance track, but IMO it's already too late and today's viewers have tuned that sort of traditional approach out.
PeacingOutNov 5, 2014 12:28 PM
Nov 5, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2008
Omg this episode was so intense it's just flew by! Felt like it was only 5 mins long.
I need the soundtrack right now! :(
And i hope Kaori will be ok!
Nov 5, 2014 2:18 PM
Aug 2014
I'm loving the show, it does have the habit of being a... little over dramatic (sarcasm). But it fits, I love the show because I love classical music and anime. The thing with this particular show is they put a lot of emphasis on colors, and it's obvious that this show is almost entirely from Kouseii's perspective, seeing the colours become brighter around Kaori really makes me love her as a character, so A-1 got what they wanted there.
I used to play the piano, so I really love how precise and consistent the animation is, with absolutely no mess-up with the animation and the sound sync. I'm waiting for Kousei to grow a pair, stop complaining or at least deal with his mommy issues.
But the end of the episode... I'm just going to hope this doesn't become a Clannad and they do nothing but abuse your love for the characters for the rest of the show.
Nov 5, 2014 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It's absolutely no wonder anime is in the rut it's in nowadays and you have older creators coming back desperately trying (probably in vain) to do something to set anime back on a less completely style over substance track, but IMO it's already too late and today's viewers have tuned that sort of traditional approach out.

Don't worry, art cinema and old school gems are still here for us ;-)
Nov 5, 2014 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
surfboard_ said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It's absolutely no wonder anime is in the rut it's in nowadays and you have older creators coming back desperately trying (probably in vain) to do something to set anime back on a less completely style over substance track, but IMO it's already too late and today's viewers have tuned that sort of traditional approach out.

Yeah, "it was better before".

Protip : It's not because we love Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, that we can't love Perfect Blue, Pulp Fiction, Evangelion, Hotaru no Haka, Taxi Driver, Lupin the 3rd or Monty Python and the Holy Grail... ;-)
Nov 5, 2014 4:23 PM
Jul 2014
Reyxe said:
Even with his trauma, is not that Kaori knows about it at first,
She doesn't know about the trauma, but she clearly knows about his inability to play since he repeatedly told her many times that he can't/doesn't want to.
Reyxe said:
then she is just trying to help him, as you see, Kousei doesn't complain about her, its just as Tsubaki says, he "doesn't want to play the piano" but keeps doing it anyway, for them, its as if Kousei wanted to play it, just can't. Kaori is the only one that is able to help him. She just wants him to move forward, he obviously loves the piano, therefore, what Kousei said, "she's just like spring", she is bringing colors to his monochrome life and i know how that feels.
People gives Kaori too much credit. Tsubaki wants him to move forward. Kaori makes him play for her own gain.
- At the café, it's all about her not getting embarrassed in front of the children.
- At the competition, it's because she has no accompaniment and he's "insanely good".
Reyxe said:
Comparing it to ashtma isn't really accurate either, he CAN play the piano, he just needs to look things at another perspective, which is what Kaori is going to do for him.
It was a similitude (not necessarily accurate) inside the anime context to show you how people can feel bad for a sick (mentally or physically) person being exploited, without necessarily feel sorry for the sick person in itself because of his/her condition.
Reyxe said:
And answering you, yes, if what you said is all the info, then yea, I would feel bad for her, BUT, if she loves running and she doesn't complain, then no, cause shes doing what she wants despite her disease,
He is complaining, though. And he is not doing what he wants (despite being maybe what he needs), because he repeatedly said he didn't want to.
Reyxe said:
Kousei won't die from the trauma and she's not throwing him into the contest alone, she's with him, giving him the support he needs, she doesn't care about winning either.
Why people keeps thinking Kaori did this for Kousei? It clearly isn't the case. I'm not saying she is a bad person...she just does what she wants without taking other people's feelings into account.
Reyxe said:
Its just like Hyouka Houtarou x Chitanda but Kousei has a trauma while Houtarou was just lazy and couldn't find anything that interests him.
And exactly like in Hyouka, Chitanda doesn't do it for Houtarou, but, because of hew own curiosity, she decides to exploit his abilities.
Nov 5, 2014 5:17 PM
Apr 2014
type-beta said:
Reyxe said:
Even with his trauma, is not that Kaori knows about it at first,
She doesn't know about the trauma, but she clearly knows about his inability to play since he repeatedly told her many times that he can't/doesn't want to.
Reyxe said:
then she is just trying to help him, as you see, Kousei doesn't complain about her, its just as Tsubaki says, he "doesn't want to play the piano" but keeps doing it anyway, for them, its as if Kousei wanted to play it, just can't. Kaori is the only one that is able to help him. She just wants him to move forward, he obviously loves the piano, therefore, what Kousei said, "she's just like spring", she is bringing colors to his monochrome life and i know how that feels.
People gives Kaori too much credit. Tsubaki wants him to move forward. Kaori makes him play for her own gain.
- At the café, it's all about her not getting embarrassed in front of the children.
- At the competition, it's because she has no accompaniment and he's "insanely good".
Reyxe said:
Comparing it to ashtma isn't really accurate either, he CAN play the piano, he just needs to look things at another perspective, which is what Kaori is going to do for him.
It was a similitude (not necessarily accurate) inside the anime context to show you how people can feel bad for a sick (mentally or physically) person being exploited, without necessarily feel sorry for the sick person in itself because of his/her condition.
Reyxe said:
And answering you, yes, if what you said is all the info, then yea, I would feel bad for her, BUT, if she loves running and she doesn't complain, then no, cause shes doing what she wants despite her disease,
He is complaining, though. And he is not doing what he wants (despite being maybe what he needs), because he repeatedly said he didn't want to.
Reyxe said:
Kousei won't die from the trauma and she's not throwing him into the contest alone, she's with him, giving him the support he needs, she doesn't care about winning either.
Why people keeps thinking Kaori did this for Kousei? It clearly isn't the case. I'm not saying she is a bad person...she just does what she wants without taking other people's feelings into account.
Reyxe said:
And exactly like in Hyouka, Chitanda doesn't do it for Houtarou, but, because of hew own curiosity, she decides to exploit his abilities.

You're misunderstanding Kaori's character, that's my point... maybe cause im a manga reader... The café part wasn't "to not be get embarassed in front of the children"... she was waiting for him, she wanted him to play the piano, the whole "im waiting for Watari" was... well, a lie.

I'm not giving her too much credit, but you will see in the next episodes. Tsubaki wants him to move forward, but as you can tell, she is a good childhood friend, she helped him a lot when they were kids, but she didn't know what to do with Kousei's trauma.

Also, he doesn't want to play, that's what he says, but why is he still playing in the music room? or keeps playing 'air-piano'? everyone has noticed it, Tsubaki, Watari, even Kaori which he just met, he wants to play, he loves playing the piano, he's scared.

Yea, Chitanda doesn't do it for Houtarou, but, right from the first episode you can tell that he wouldn't actually mind some colors in his life, which Chitanda brought, even if she was just being selfish, Oreki could've tell her to gtfo, but he didn't, same with Kousei, i'm pretty sure that if he actually stood up properly and told her that he seriously doesn't want to play, she would accept it, but he's just running away from that fear.

Nov 5, 2014 5:47 PM
Jul 2014
Reyxe said:
You're misunderstanding Kaori's character, that's my point... maybe cause im a manga reader... The café part wasn't "to not be get embarassed in front of the children"... she was waiting for him, she wanted him to play the piano, the whole "im waiting for Watari" was... well, a lie.
How exactly would I know that? I'm talking about the anime. At the café she clearly wanted him to play since she's the one who asked. But she's not doing it to help him since she doesn't even know he has a problem at that point.
Reyxe said:
I'm not giving her too much credit, but you will see in the next episodes. Tsubaki wants him to move forward, but as you can tell, she is a good childhood friend, she helped him a lot when they were kids, but she didn't know what to do with Kousei's trauma.

Also, he doesn't want to play, that's what he says, but why is he still playing in the music room? or keeps playing 'air-piano'? everyone has noticed it, Tsubaki, Watari, even Kaori which he just met, he wants to play, he loves playing the piano, he's scared.
When did Kaori notice these things in the anime? I don't recall her attending such events. The only clues she could gather are the ones she gets from Tsubaki on the bus.
Reyxe said:

Yea, Chitanda doesn't do it for Houtarou, but, right from the first episode you can tell that he wouldn't actually mind some colors in his life, which Chitanda brought, even if she was just being selfish, Oreki could've tell her to gtfo, but he didn't, same with Kousei, i'm pretty sure that if he actually stood up properly and told her that he seriously doesn't want to play, she would accept it, but he's just running away from that fear.
I never said it was bad for him. I just said that Kaori is selfish since she forces someone to do something despite that person not wanting to.
temp_usernameNov 5, 2014 6:56 PM
Nov 5, 2014 5:59 PM
Apr 2014
type-beta said:
Reyxe said:
How exactly would I know that? I'm talking about the anime. At the café she clearly wanted him to play since she's the one who asked. But she's not doing it to help him since she doesn't even know he has a problem at that point.
Reyxe said:

When did Kaori notice these things in the anime? I don't recall her attending such events. The only clues she could gather are the ones she gets from Tsubaki on the bus.
Reyxe said:

I never said it was bad for him. I just said that Kaori is selfish since she forces someone to so something despite that person not wanting to.

Uhhh... the part at the café was actually kinda weird from the beginning, how she named him a substitute and so on, it was pretty obvious it was a lie, even if you haven't read the manga, which, btw, doesn't say its a lie or whatever, its just my thoughts.

I didnt mean the "Kaori notices" literally. Also, saying "i'm talking about the anime", its stupid, im sorry but it is, its EPISODE FOUR, da hell are you expecting? if this was finished already then I would accept it, but there are still 20+ episodes left and saying that Kaori is just pushing him around its like saying Naruto anime sucks cause he isn't a Hokage and ignoring Shippudden. [not the best example, but you get my point] You will understand most of Kaori and Kousei relationship in the next chapters.

Nov 5, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2012
-Skyleo- said:
surfboard_ said:

Protip : It's not because we love Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, that we can't love Perfect Blue, Pulp Fiction, Evangelion, Hotaru no Haka, Taxi Driver, Lupin the 3rd or Monty Python and the Holy Grail... ;-)

^
I don't see what's wrong with enjoying style over substance. I think balance is much more important, for me, though. Some people have a harder time liking older series too.
Nov 5, 2014 6:44 PM
Jul 2014
Reyxe said:
Uhhh... the part at the café was actually kinda weird from the beginning, how she named him a substitute and so on, it was pretty obvious it was a lie, even if you haven't read the manga, which, btw, doesn't say its a lie or whatever, its just my thoughts.
I never said she wasn't possibly interested in him. You stated that she's helping him. I stated that that's not the case.
Reyxe said:

I didnt mean the "Kaori notices" literally. Also, saying "i'm talking about the anime", its stupid,
No. I'm in the right board and in the right thread (episode 4)...check again.
Reyxe said:
im sorry but it is, its EPISODE FOUR, da hell are you expecting?
To discuss what is going on with the anime until this point?!
Reyxe said:
if this was finished already then I would accept it,
You should accept it nonetheless. No one can foreshadow the future. My statements are based on the current available episodes. You could have told me "you're right, but in the manga things change later on". You instead tried to make me think that Kaori is making this for him based on what we've seen in these four episodes. I still don't see the proof.
Reyxe said:
but there are still 20+ episodes left and saying that Kaori is just pushing him around its like saying Naruto anime sucks cause he isn't a Hokage and ignoring Shippudden. [not the best example, but you get my point]
What exactly should we discuss in the episodes threads?
Reyxe said:
You will understand most of Kaori and Kousei relationship in the next chapters.
Episodes. This is the episode 4 discussion thread.
Nov 6, 2014 2:36 AM

Feb 2014
-Skyleo- said:

Thats right.

mayukachan said:
I don't see what's wrong with enjoying style over substance. I think balance is much more important, for me, though. Some people have a harder time liking older series too.

Let's say Kousei represents substance and Watari represents style. Can you claim a preference over one of them?
Style and substance are aspects explored by every filmmaker and animator (and thats what we want, in the end). The films (plus NGE) Skyleo mentioned are perfect examples of it. You can't affirm one is looking into more substance than style, they are simply there and directors explore them as they wish (more examples of oldies that are full of substance and style: Hour of the Wolf, Breathless, The Mirror, Chungking Express. Films of distinct periods that, regardless of production budget, have their way into making things look attractive).
Nov 6, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2013
Playing for the whole ep - amazing.
That neding tho ;x
I hate that one judge. Old pricks musians with such an attitude like him are so annyoing.
Nov 6, 2014 12:00 PM
Apr 2014
type-beta said:
Reyxe said:
I never said she wasn't possibly interested in him. You stated that she's helping him. I stated that that's not the case.
Reyxe said:

I didnt mean the "Kaori notices" literally. Also, saying "i'm talking about the anime", its stupid,
No. I'm in the right board and in the right thread (episode 4)...check again.
Reyxe said:
im sorry but it is, its EPISODE FOUR, da hell are you expecting?
To discuss what is going on with the anime until this point?!
Reyxe said:
if this was finished already then I would accept it,
You should accept it nonetheless. No one can foreshadow the future. My statements are based on the current available episodes. You could have told me "you're right, but in the manga things change later on". You instead tried to make me think that Kaori is making this for him based on what we've seen in these four episodes. I still don't see the proof.
Reyxe said:
but there are still 20+ episodes left and saying that Kaori is just pushing him around its like saying Naruto anime sucks cause he isn't a Hokage and ignoring Shippudden. [not the best example, but you get my point]
What exactly should we discuss in the episodes threads?
Reyxe said:
You will understand most of Kaori and Kousei relationship in the next chapters.
Episodes. This is the episode 4 discussion thread.

How can you judge a character based on 4 episodes? like, lawl.

You can discuss and think she's being selfish, but you can't affirm it.

Also, she asked him to do the accompaniment AFTER she knew of his issue and BASED on what he told her.

Discussing what happened, not making assumptions, that's the point of the thread, of course i won't go and say "things change later on" cause you're supposed to wait and be 'surprised' or whatever.

Nov 6, 2014 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
Just holy shit amazing, godly adaption. Arima in the ZONE lol frickin sickkk
10/10 this ep just for Arima alone.

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Nov 6, 2014 4:44 PM
Jul 2014
Reyxe said:
Discussion thread. A discussion is based on individual opinions and thus judgements. I judge characters actions based on the available episodes. You're the one who believes my opinion is absolute and immutable.
Reyxe said:

It's not like affirming something makes it more objective than thinking it. Because there is not much difference between expressing a thought and affirming (a thought) if not on the perceived level of confidence. And perception is subjective.
And the reverse would be that you can't affirm that she isn't.
Reyxe said:

Also, she asked him to do the accompaniment AFTER she knew of his issue and BASED on what he told her.
I have an important work to do tomorrow. Too bad my colleague can't make it. Luckily I just met this guy who suffers from social anxiety and has trouble working despite wanting to. He is also one of the best at his work. I'm running out of options because no one wants to work with me, so I decide to make him work for free just out of pure altruism.
Reyxe said:
Discussing what happened, not making assumptions, that's the point of the thread, of course i won't go and say "things change later on" cause you're supposed to wait and be 'surprised' or whatever.
You're the one assuming that I'm making assumptions and not discussing what happened. Point out when and where.
"From my point of view" is exactly the first thing I wrote when replying to you the first time. And I'm affirming it.
temp_usernameNov 6, 2014 4:49 PM
Nov 6, 2014 4:50 PM
Apr 2014
type-beta said:
Reyxe said:
Discussion thread. A discussion is based on individual opinions and thus judgements. I judge characters actions based on the available episodes. You're the one who believes my opinion is absolute and immutable.
Reyxe said:

It's not like affirming something makes it more objective than thinking it. Because there is not much difference between expressing a thought and affirming (a thought) if not on the perceived level of confidence. And perception is subjective.
And the reverse would be that you can't affirm that she isn't.
Reyxe said:

I have an important work to do tomorrow. Too bad my colleague can't make it. Luckily I just met this guy who suffers from social anxiety and has trouble working despite wanting to. He is also one of the best at his work. I'm running out of options because no one wants to work with me, so I decide to make him work for free just out of pure altruism.
Reyxe said:
You're the one assuming that I'm making assumptions and not discussing what happened. Point out when and where.
"From my point of view" is exaclty the first thing I wrote when replying to you the first time. And I'm affirming it.

You're so wrong that im thinking you didn't even pay attention to the chapter.

If it wasn't obvious for you in ep. 4, then go and watch ep. 5, its not needed since everyone who would actually think about it will understand.

Nov 6, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 2014
Reyxe said:

You're so wrong that im thinking you didn't even pay attention to the chapter.

If it wasn't obvious for you in ep. 4, then go and watch ep. 5, its not needed since everyone who would actually think about it will understand.
So anyone disagreeing with you either didn't pay attention or is unable to understand it? This is not an argument.

You keep on bringing unnecessary arguments like "in the manga...", "watch episode 5", "how can you judge", "you're making assumptions" into the discussion without actually discussing what happened.
temp_usernameNov 6, 2014 5:07 PM
Nov 6, 2014 5:18 PM
Apr 2014
No, if your opinion was valid, then yea, i would accept it, but it was in plain sight that she was doing it for him, period.

Nov 6, 2014 6:19 PM
Jul 2014
Reyxe said:
No, if your opinion was valid, then yea, i would accept it, but it was in plain sight that she was doing it for him, period.
type-beta said:
This is not an argument.

And I was never talking about what was in plain sight but about what the actions, behind all the classical music and the sakura petals, actually represent (regardess of what the anime wants them to be). I never thought for one instant that the author wanted Kaori to appear selfish. You're just under the false naive impression and assumption that people criticizing the anime, criticize it for what it wants to be. Instead, all the complaints thus far are clearly aimed at pointing out what the anime is, under all the manipulative presentation.

E.g.: You can watch an anime and see that in plain sight it wants to be a deep phylosophical study of virtual reality, existence and reality while instead, it is just another wish-fulfilling harem with an op character.
temp_usernameNov 6, 2014 6:26 PM
Nov 6, 2014 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
Watch ep 5, even the art has gone to shit.

this show sucks.
Nov 7, 2014 5:16 PM
Jan 2014
SolvitePriest said:
Watch ep 5, even the art has gone to shit.

this show sucks.

LOL? I feel sorry for you though.

You have to work on your tastes.

If you can't appreciate this then you probably don't deserve an opinion.
Nov 9, 2014 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Seems like Kousei finally got his shit together hahaha
And she fainted?? :O
Gotta see what's next!! :D
Nov 10, 2014 9:35 PM

Jul 2010
As a pianist, couldn't help but dislike this episode a bit. There's too much focus on sentimentality in the music. But, the raw emotion is only the top layer of a piece. There's so much technique and skill that must support the emotion. It's like the technique is a table, and the emotion is only the flowers on top (in the words of Josef Hofmann).

I get it though. It's an anime; we want sensationalism.
It's just difficult to watch as a musician.
Hopefully we'll see Kousei actually practice next time, lol.
While studying the sheet music.

Grr, silly love triangle forming between Kousei, Kaori, and the other girl. I hope it'll be worthwhile, and not totally whiny. Because of all the hype, I'm asking way too much out of this show, and it's ruining the experience for me...sigh.
Nov 11, 2014 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
fishergirl16 said:
As a pianist, couldn't help but dislike this episode a bit. There's too much focus on sentimentality in the music. But, the raw emotion is only the top layer of a piece. There's so much technique and skill that must support the emotion. It's like the technique is a table, and the emotion is only the flowers on top (in the words of Josef Hofmann).

I get it though. It's an anime; we want sensationalism.
It's just difficult to watch as a musician.
Hopefully we'll see Kousei actually practice next time, lol.
While studying the sheet music.

Grr, silly love triangle forming between Kousei, Kaori, and the other girl. I hope it'll be worthwhile, and not totally whiny. Because of all the hype, I'm asking way too much out of this show, and it's ruining the experience for me...sigh.

Yeah, I think you're "asking way too much out of this show", indeed.

I could be wrong, but I think you should not watch this show as someone who is studying music. I hated the second episode exactly for the same reasons : sensationalism over the realism.
We love music for what it really is, so people like us tend to bash pretty quickly this kind of treatment of music. Especially when a show like Nodame Cantabile transcribed the beauty of "classical" music (in the broad sense, which means "written music", the act of studying sheet music, music history, the technique and all that jazz) extremely well.

But Shigatsu is not Nodame Cantabile. It's basically a shonen anime with music, and not a music anime with some shonen elements.
So yeah, it's difficult to watch as a musician, just as well I suppose Kuroko no Basket can be difficult to watch as a basketball player... And the same applies to Captain Tsubasa and a soccer player.

In a nutshell, I think you could learn to appreciate way more Shigatsu if you watch it FOR its sensationalism, because Shigatsu is this type of show. It's like a lot of shonen : practice is not shown (or just a little), and the more important are the battles/match (or concert/competition/recital for Shigatsu).
This is the type of show when we assume the musicians have sufficient technical knowledge before each performance, musically speaking.

Personally, this is how I watch Shigatsu : as a very romanticized anime. And now, I must admit that I love this show way more than when I started it.
removed-userNov 11, 2014 1:51 PM
Nov 12, 2014 9:33 AM

Mar 2013
i found this episode to be quite refreshing since it had only very few comedy inclusions in it and went a bit away from its otherwise clichee tone.
Nov 13, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Oh dear god, as soon as she looked at the roof and it suddenly became blank, I just knew she was going to pass out. Everything was just too perfect to end well. I would guess this is related to that hospital visit everyone was talking about in the last episode and that I somehow missed. And let me guess furthermore, she have... cancer! What a tragic end for Kosei to meet a girl he fall in love and see her die from the same disease of his mom :D
What the fuck, I'm a terrible human being, putting that smiley...

In all seriousness, it was a really good episode. Can't praise enough the animation, especially on the hands. When I remember for exemple Nodame Cantabile, it is a very good classical music romance and comedy, but damn that animation was ugly. The notes often didn't even match the musician action, that is what probably impress me the most.

The beginning of the concert was so painful, to just see him become more and more awful... It must be such a terrible feeling to only hear that merciless muffled sound. I often had fun trying to muffle the sound of a piano note, but it is really creepy in some ways.

It's interesting to see how much is mother seemed to change when she fell sick. It contrast so much with that daring mother from when he was still a child.

Well, things are interesting for the next episode. I expect some drama for the future episodes.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 14, 2014 2:30 PM

Dec 2008
Amari's mother really messed him up in the head. It's awful to say, but I think it may actually be a blessing that she's dead. Don't want to imagine what he or his life would be like if she was still hovering over him and smacking his knuckles with her cane every time he was off key.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 14, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
minouneetzoe said:
In all seriousness, it was a really good episode. Can't praise enough the animation, especially on the hands. When I remember for exemple Nodame Cantabile, it is a very good classical music romance and comedy, but damn that animation was ugly. The notes often didn't even match the musician action, that is what probably impress me the most.

I don't want to argue too much but even though Nodame's animation wasn't the best thing ever, no anime in 2007 looked really great and I can't see the "flashy sakura petals and shiny sunsets" type of animation matching Nodame Cantabile. But yeah, you make a valid point about the smoothness of the musician's movements though.
Nov 25, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing!

I believe Tsubaki was almost crying coz she noticed something can happen between Kousei and Kaori
Dec 8, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Another great concert - in its own dissonance. The feels were really strong with this one.

He got cured out of one despair only to find out another. Of course she is gravely ill.
Now, the question is - can he make her life worthful before she departs for eternity?
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1178 by anniemanga »»
May 23, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

332 by Jalexo »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.