Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2014
How is no one complaining that some of the details that were removed.
Kaneki originally Followed Tsukiyama because he needed Solid information of the Underground gourmet.They removed it and Made Kaneki look like a Total Dumbass for being gullible.
The Shower scene with kaneki:
They showed Tsukiyama saying that he wants the "Dinner" to be clean as possible for the Eating.Removing that it made that scene look unnecessary and look dumb.
Where's the other Humans that were supposed to be butchered along with Kaneki?
Because that was fucking intense.Why remove it? Avoid Censoring more than usual?

Also some minor details about the Human and Ghoul Parents.They shouldn't have removed that The Baby in the womb of the Ghoul mother.The Body of the mother would mistake the baby as "Nutrients" and would proceed to eat it.Making it almost near impossible for a Legit Half ghoul Half human.

I am not happy with the Switching of arcs.Its irrelevant and Why switch it around when all of it would come into the same conclusion.
Don't give me crap that Its necessary to suit the pacing.They are still gonna show All the events but in different order so Why the SWITCHING!>?!?!!?
The worst thing they could do now is Mess around with Chapter 60-80 that's the most IMPORTANT AND CRUCIAL Character development for Kaneki.It needs to be True to its sources as much as possible.

Jul 25, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
Best character so far, at least for me. Charismatic, interesting and hell of funny to watch. Oh, I forgot to say that he's so fucking stylish which is a plus.
Jul 25, 2014 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
OH MY GOD, Tsukiyama's face when he sniffs Kaneki's blood like wtffffff HAHAHHA
What an interesting epiode! Can't wait to see whats next!!!
Jul 25, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
Excuse my ignorance here, since I haven't read the manga, but didn't they establish that ghouls couldn't be hurt by conventional means? Kaneki tried stabbing himself in the stomach and nothing happened. So why can a coffee shard cut him? Or was this entirely just overlooked?
Jul 25, 2014 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
Well that was interesting

Jul 25, 2014 4:08 PM

Feb 2014
Moonchipz said:
So they just skipped the entire Dove arc?
Fucking hell.

I think they just rearrange things

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jul 25, 2014 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
Tsukiyama brought life into the series
Jul 25, 2014 4:44 PM

Sep 2007
So their bodies are immune to damage from knives yet they can cut their hand on a coffee cup...
Jul 25, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2014
So nice to see other ghouls too. So there's another one-eyed... Intriguing.
And that fight to kill the 'dish' was pretty original. I really enjoyed it!! ^_^
Jul 25, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2014
FestinaLente said:
So nice to see other ghouls too. So there's another one-eyed... Intriguing.
And that fight to kill the 'dish' was pretty original. I really enjoyed it!! ^_^

Read the manga.There were other Humans along with kaneki and that Was intense.
They dubbed it down on Episode 4 and remove the humans to I don't know avoid censoring more than usual?
One eye isn't supposed to be a legend.There's an actual ghoul Sporting a Mask that only shows one eye.Hence One-eyed.Also since Mother ghouls can't give birth to a half Human-Half ghoul.
The body would mistake the baby in the womb as "Nutrients" and would eat it.Making it impossible to conceive a Hybrid baby.
Another case of dumbasses messing with the Original story and rushing it.

jonnyMAGNUM said:
Excuse my ignorance here, since I haven't read the manga, but didn't they establish that ghouls couldn't be hurt by conventional means? Kaneki tried stabbing himself in the stomach and nothing happened. So why can a coffee shard cut him? Or was this entirely just overlooked?

They switched the arc so that wasn't explained.But it has something to do with "Quince"
It should get explained on Episode 6.
Episode 5 has been leaked and its the continued of Gourmet arc.Stupid directors taking matters into their own hand and messing around with the Arcs.Most of the important information has been removed also.
TyrelJul 25, 2014 8:51 PM

Jul 25, 2014 5:09 PM

Apr 2014
I've actually really warmed to the OP. The show itself was okay. Purple Yaoi Hannibal Lector is amusing.
Jul 25, 2014 5:21 PM

Mar 2014
Well... that was creepy.. yet surprisingly entertaining.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 25, 2014 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
Simple way to describe this eps..

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but go out with me, I'll eat you later~
Jul 25, 2014 6:35 PM

Aug 2011
Gourmet dude smelled Kaneki's napkin like used panties. xD

I kinda feel bad for Tarou. :'(
Jul 25, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2013
antonn said:
Always nice to see a completely butchered adaptation and watch people try to defend it.

Yea seriously. All the people that are bitching at the manga readers for bitching about the adaptation don't understand at all. The anime is turning Kaneki into a totally different character (basically a huge whiney pussy) when he acts much differently in the manga.

Then people are bitching like "why would Kankei go with Gourmet when everyone told him not to trust him". Had the anime not excluded that CRUCIAL piece of info from the manga, people would completely understand why.
Jul 25, 2014 9:06 PM
Oct 2013
Blind_Guardian said:
This is why I don't read manga until after I've seen an adaptation ... source purists are beyond annoying and I don't wanna turn into that.

Correction: I've read the manga before the anime. "Source purist"? I don't need to read the manga to know that the anime's is being rushed (aka fast pacing) like Black Bullet.
Jul 25, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
So half-breed ghouls are stronger than PURE blooded ghouls?

That doesn't even make sense, how is a cross breed between a stronger species and a much weaker species result on something that's even better than the original species? I can understand if it's between species of equal quality.

It sounds like a bullshit setting to make Kaneki a lot stronger than he should be.
Jul 25, 2014 9:21 PM
Aug 2011
Miyano is so freaking incredible when it comes to voicing these type of characters that have a few loose screws in the head. Really amazing.
Jul 25, 2014 9:27 PM
Jun 2014
MoeGod said:
So half-breed ghouls are stronger than PURE blooded ghouls?

That doesn't even make sense, how is a cross breed between a stronger species and a much weaker species result on something that's even better than the original species? I can understand if it's between species of equal quality.

It sounds like a bullshit setting to make Kaneki a lot stronger than he should be.

If i remember correctly.They will explain later (in the manga).
Jul 25, 2014 9:33 PM
Mar 2014
During that explanation in the manga Itori used Ligers as an example, which are indeed MUCH stronger then either a lion or a tiger.

On the other hand....they're basing this information off what is essentially a MYTH, since to the best of their knowledge there hasn't ever been a confirmed hybrid, aside from rumors about the mysterious One-Eye, who is supposedly a massively powerful (SSS) ghoul from several years earlier.
ZanathKariashiJul 25, 2014 9:41 PM
Jul 25, 2014 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
ZanathKariashi said:
During that explanation in the manga Itori used Ligers as an example, which are indeed MUCH stronger then either a lion or a tiger.

On the other hand....they're basing this information off what is essentially a MYTH, since to the best of their knowledge there hasn't ever been a confirmed hybrid, aside from rumors about the mysterious One-Eye, who is supposedly a massively powerful (SSS) ghoul from several years earlier.

Lion and tiger are equally strong, humans are being portrayed as sheep in TG's world. The analogy should be more like a cross-breed between a vampire and a human and in most literature, the original vampire is always stronger than half-breeds (like in the Blade movies for example). I mean heck even Twilight portrays half-breeds as stronger than humans but weaker than vampire. IIRC only the movie Underworld portrayed half-breeds as stronger than originals although that was a cross between werewolves and vampires so it kinda makes sense.
Jul 25, 2014 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Oh god. This episode. The guy from the Gourmet is freakishly creepy as heck. This show is getting more strange by the minute with even weirder characters. Hopefully that blue haired weirdo meets his end soon~ Kaneki pls kill them all with the red things from your back please.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 25, 2014 10:05 PM
Oct 2013
MoeGod said:

Lion and tiger are equally strong, humans are being portrayed as sheep in TG's world. The analogy should be more like a cross-breed between a vampire and a human and in most literature, the original vampire is always stronger than half-breeds (like in the Blade movies for example). I mean heck even Twilight portrays half-breeds as stronger than humans but weaker than vampire. IIRC only the movie Underworld portrayed half-breeds as stronger than originals although that was a cross between werewolves and vampires so it kinda makes sense.

Well it wasn't mentioned yet in the anime but in the manga,
Jul 25, 2014 10:23 PM

Nov 2012
Of course the animation is great and the episodes are exciting, but like many other anime adaptations of manga, it's always a little too rushed. I'm not whining about the direction the anime is going in, but I much prefer the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2014 10:31 PM

Apr 2014
ZanathKariashi said:

Liger's aren't a myth. They're very real.
Jul 25, 2014 10:50 PM
Jun 2011
Meh episode but its doing somthing right since TG is gaining popularity. Maybe like many if I didnt read the manga I would probably would enjoy this more without pointing out details and stuff. Its a good anime so far but some of the stuff they leave out is annoying but not as bad a deadman wonderland or black bullet.
Still cant wait for more. The anime hasnt even gotten to the good parts yet. Im also pretty sure the chapters they skipped will be looked over in the following episodes.
Jul 25, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2014
MoeGod said:
ZanathKariashi said:

I think you are mistaken, he is not saying that Itori is comparing lions and tigers, he's saying that Itori was comparing lions and tigers to ligers, who know that cross breed animal where the lion is the dad and the mother is the tigress and it grows to twice the size of either a lion or tiger and hence is stronger than both lion or tiger!
Jul 26, 2014 2:14 AM
Mar 2014
jonnyMAGNUM said:
ZanathKariashi said:

Liger's aren't a myth. They're very real.

I'm aware. Because naturally everything we know about Ligers comes from myths about a SSS-class One-eyed ghoul. Yup, those two paragraphs were totally talking about the same things.

-------------------------

Actually, in traditional folk lore, Dhampirs were the BEST vampire hunters because they were immune to basically everything a vampire could do and could see through their illusions and fight them when they entered their spectral forms, which were invisible and intangible to normal people, but the dhampir could see and touch them. (Eastern European vampires are basically evil spirits that possess a corpse to periodically raise from the dead at night and torment/kill the living. Their gaze could kill anyone who looked into it, and stacking the corpse couldn't actually kill them. Their spirit would actually stay and haunt the village waiting for another improperly handled corpse to appear for them to possess, and only a Dhampir could truly kill them).
ZanathKariashiJul 26, 2014 2:29 AM
Jul 26, 2014 2:47 AM

Apr 2012
I have to say the show lost something that I liked from the very beginning.
Jul 26, 2014 2:53 AM

Oct 2013
Kaneki is so naive.I bet he will forget this happening and trust Tsukiyama again.

Jul 26, 2014 3:07 AM

Jul 2014
Kaneki as a protagonist doesn't appeal me or something, I mean, he is still naive and indecisive as usual...I wish he gets more development later.

Nice cliffhanger episode though.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 26, 2014 3:42 AM
Mar 2012
Blind_Guardian said:
This is why I don't read manga until after I've seen an adaptation ... source purists are beyond annoying and I don't wanna turn into that.

A pretty good episode, though I hope our hero is smart enough to avoid Gourmet from now on. I don't care if you fanboy over the same books, you really don't need to be hanging out with someone who almost made you into a banquet dinner.

No. You don't get to say that - you don't get to look at the material which the SHOW WAS BASED ON and say that it's irrelevant. Especially when, in this case, the source material is far, FAR superior to the anime. The anime is a jumbled mess of cliche's and crap censored violence, it completely misses the tone of the manga and makes making an adaptation pointless to begin with.

You know what the manga explained? Why Kaneki went with the Gormet. This isn't OUR hero - the Kaneki from the manga and the Kaneki from the anime are splitting into completely different characters. Tell you what, you can keep your stunted belief that the source material is useless and keep this crap adaption with it. I'll continue to enjoy a far superior story and set of characters who are more than 2d cut outs.

For clarification, there's nothing wrong with changing parts from the manga every now and then - but this is just rubbish.
Jul 26, 2014 5:59 AM

Mar 2013
Kreion said:
Blind_Guardian said:

A pretty good episode, though I hope our hero is smart enough to avoid Gourmet from now on. I don't care if you fanboy over the same books, you really don't need to be hanging out with someone who almost made you into a banquet dinner.

No. You don't get to say that - you don't get to look at the material which the SHOW WAS BASED ON and say that it's irrelevant. Especially when, in this case, the source material is far, FAR superior to the anime. The anime is a jumbled mess of cliche's and crap censored violence, it completely misses the tone of the manga and makes making an adaptation pointless to begin with.

You know what the manga explained? Why Kaneki went with the Gormet. This isn't OUR hero - the Kaneki from the manga and the Kaneki from the anime are splitting into completely different characters. Tell you what, you can keep your stunted belief that the source material is useless and keep this crap adaption with it. I'll continue to enjoy a far superior story and set of characters who are more than 2d cut outs.

For clarification, there's nothing wrong with changing parts from the manga every now and then - but this is just rubbish.

Where does he say that the source material is irrelevant? Where does he say that it's useless? Obviously it's not irrelevant. It couldn't be. I'm pretty sure no one at all would say that here.
Jul 26, 2014 7:08 AM
Mar 2012
Harlequina said:
Kreion said:

Where does he say that the source material is irrelevant? Where does he say that it's useless? Obviously it's not irrelevant. It couldn't be. I'm pretty sure no one at all would say that here.

If you're using 'source purist' as an insult then you clearly don't think the source material should be what the adaption should strive to represent well. So in essence you think it's useless, you may as well adapt Tokyo Ghoul of the sentance "What if we did a show with a guy who vaguely likes books who turns into a cannibal type thing.".
Jul 26, 2014 7:08 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know if I'm missing something but... the broken cup did hurt him but stabbing his own stomach with a knife(Episode 1) didn't... Okay...

Jul 26, 2014 7:44 AM

May 2013
Itori's pretty cool. I'd like to know more about her, Yomo, and Uta.
I miss Rize though. She was killed!
I'm also interested in the other One-Eyed Ghoul.

Tsukiyama is very interesting. Also the whole Gourmet thing.
I feel sorry for Taro-chan. (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 26, 2014 8:23 AM
Sep 2013
So at first I thought, " Wait, a knife couldn't even cut Kaneki but a cup can??!" but then I remembered. I think Tsukiyama's nail was the one that cut him. Maybe I'm thinking too much but this makes more sense so I'll stick with that .-.

Man, I don't even care about the anime any more, I'll just wait till the blue ray comes out and watch the whole thing in one go.
dammdd123Jul 26, 2014 8:35 AM
Jul 26, 2014 8:29 AM

Mar 2013
Kreion said:
If you're using 'source purist' as an insult then you clearly don't think the source material should be what the adaption should strive to represent well. So in essence you think it's useless, you may as well adapt Tokyo Ghoul of the sentance "What if we did a show with a guy who vaguely likes books who turns into a cannibal type thing.".

Mmm, I dunno man, not how I see it. It just looks to me like he's annoyed by the words coming from these "source purists", and not that he actually thinks that source material is irrelevant or useless. If he really thought that, then he probably wouldn't even bother to read the manga at all. He says that he reads the manga after seeing the adaptation.

Anyway, doesn't really matter what I think about it. I just looked at it differently than you. The end.
Jul 26, 2014 9:40 AM

Apr 2010
Shuu is just amazing. I fell in love almost instantly. I was saddened by how it all 'escalated' so quickly even though I didn't read the manga. It feels like it happened too soon. But hey, it was quite enjoyable.

He reminds me of Hisoka from HxH
Jul 26, 2014 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
One of those anime where the MC is able to break the anime for me completely.
I don't care that he has no balls "yet" but you could demand at least some common sense already..
Jul 26, 2014 10:11 AM

Mar 2014
The Gourmet truly is crazy and I like it
Jul 26, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
He is do it, for the gourmet laughs! xD! Really, the scene of smelling
handkerchief was really fun. As far I see the series is becoming like
the new dialy life for Kaneki (wanna see him using his mask like he
shows in the anime poster)
Jul 26, 2014 10:42 AM

Feb 2011
MIYANOO!!!!
but dafuq this epi... o.O and tht guy, so weirdin so many wayz
Jul 26, 2014 11:00 AM

Jul 2013
They are rushing this soooooo bad. They are skipping and rearranging arcs now. Sigh.

The skipped the Dove arc where Kaneki trains with Yomo and Touka. Kaneki is much stronger in this arc in the manga.

The manga is really good. But this is a butchered adaptation. The manga has much better pacing and character development for Kaneki and the rest of the characters.

Plus, Kaneki is not that stupid in the manga. He went with Gourmet in the manga to investigate him for the people he met in the bar. He did so in order to get information from the red haired chick about the other one eyed ghoul.

A whole arc was just crammed into one episode. ONE episode. I am beyond disappointed in this adaptation. It is still somewhat enjoyable, especially if you are an anime only watcher. But, the manga is so much better (I can't stress this point enough). I'm not saying everyone will enjoy the manga, but people shouldn't judge the manga on this shit adaptation. Rant over.
Jul 26, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
Oh, thank goodness. I thought I was the only one who thought the anime felt incredibly rushed. When the anime is over I'm going to read the manga since I'm still enjoying the anime so far. I really like all the characters so far. I wonder if Rize is coming back. (;
Jul 26, 2014 12:36 PM

Dec 2013
Kaneki is such a friggin idiot. With all that he has seen and heard about Ghouls and their nature, the first sign of "humane" interaction with a Ghoul kicks his human nature into overdrive and nearly leads to his death. If it weren't for the people above telling me that they butchered the manga, I could not think anything other than that he is another stupid idealist MC who optimistically thinks there is some good in all beings and all that crap. That said, this butchered version of Kaneki really doesn't appeal to me.

On the other hand, we got to see more of the Ghoul society and their interactions with other Ghouls, as well as Touka's interactions with humans. This aspect of the show I really appreciate, because it helps with the world building aids my developing an image of their Tokyo in my head.

Yomo is really cool for helping Kaneki train in self defense, and god he needed it after nearly being killed off in the last couple episodes. I make it down to either poor directing or Kaneki's stupid compassion that prevented him from learning countering moves that could have very well saved his life at the Gourmet Restaurant.

Hopefully we'll get to see the little girl from last episode a bit more? I'd love to see how Kaneki interacts with Ghouls more aligned with his own age range.

This adaptation may be poor, but it's animation and music have been good enough to piqued my interest in picking up the manga.

Wonder how he gets himself out of this mess next episode. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 26, 2014 2:54 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was way too short, the whole time I was waiting for Kaneki to lash out. I can't wait till the next episode. That Shuu guy is really creepy, the way he was sniffing that handkerchief so gross.
Jul 26, 2014 3:43 PM
Jul 2014
Maybe I'm a baka for asking, but what do they mean with 20th ward, and 4th ward??
Jul 26, 2014 4:12 PM

Nov 2013
fatherofbears said:
Maybe I'm a baka for asking, but what do they mean with 20th ward, and 4th ward??
Areas in the city.
Jul 26, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2010
..Well that was interesting.
I liked this whole Gourmet thing. Brought some more action into the show.

I'm more likely to pick up the manga now after reading everyone else's comments about skipping stuff too.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

846 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.