Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2013 8:01 PM

Feb 2009
Angmir said:
I would liketo ask people who are following this series closely.
I will not watch any episode untill the whole season is ended becouse I want to watch it whole in one go, so i will rely on your opinion (I am not reading the spoilers ).

Basic on your knowladge or just deducing from how much was shown in 5 episosed so far in comparison to the books - how many episodes in this season you think there will be ?

I dont have an Idea jsut why i wonted your opinion

Thx

It's 2 cour, so 24-26.
Aug 5, 2013 8:02 PM

Dec 2012
It's already been confirmed for 24-26 episodes a while back, were you living under a rock?
Aug 5, 2013 8:05 PM

Sep 2012
26 episodes on TV plus Hana 4-5 OVAs I thought.
Aug 5, 2013 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
lol thank you all for replyies ;)

To think about it I read about this beeing 2 cour some time ago, jsut forgot agout that.

And hey in some sense I am living under the rock in Otaku terms - couse I ma pretty much casual anime fan - I watch arround 5 per year play another 5 japaneses games, then read some hentai, so I check any news related to shows I like pretty seldom.
Aug 5, 2013 8:46 PM

Mar 2011
I am so upset right now, not only am I saddened but I am ANGRY about what happened 2 every1's favorite character and the best girl

is this the author's idea of a sick, cruel joke? WHY DID HE TURN THE BEST GIRL INTO A FREAKIN ZEBRA!? WHAT KIND OF "CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT" IS THIS??

DROPPED for ruining my self-insert character
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2013 9:04 PM

May 2010
ARARAGIIIIIIIII <3333333
I thought i'd never see you again. ; A ;
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 5, 2013 9:18 PM

Apr 2013
Oh my god, this was amazing!:'D

That sword coming down was SOO epic!
g0daiAug 5, 2013 9:41 PM
Aug 5, 2013 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
Flashes of text becoming faster and faster.

Zebra hair is nice imo, episode's even better 5/5
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Aug 5, 2013 9:58 PM

Apr 2012
not bad, not bad at all
Aug 5, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
c0rnhorse said:
I am so upset right now, not only am I saddened but I am ANGRY about what happened 2 every1's favorite character and the best girl

is this the author's idea of a sick, cruel joke? WHY DID HE TURN THE BEST GIRL INTO A FREAKIN ZEBRA!? WHAT KIND OF "CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT" IS THIS??

If Hanekawa is your favorite character then you should be more than satisfied of how this ended. She finally embraces her true self, even the bad ones, and she finally got her own room and can finally move on ahead with her life. Hanekawa is my favorite monogatari character too, and even if he didn't get the guy i'm still beyond satisfied of her new self.

And hey even if u hate the zebra hair at least she died it black. I thought the new hair was pretty cool. Suprisingly zebra never crossed my mind. First thing that came into my mind was the Indian white tiger.
Aug 6, 2013 12:12 AM
Dec 2012
Ragingpie said:
Monad said:

kitonok said:
sometim3s said:
Aaaaand the arc ends. Gosh, I loved Hanekawa's arc.

Oh, did anyone recognize the amount of Moby Dick references (esp the whiteness) during this arc?

Can you explain these references please?

More like Dorian Gray than Moby Dick.

Pretty sure it is more a reference to Yin/Yang symbol, since the two Neko stories are called Black and white. The moon is also heavily present which is a symbol of Yin energy and femininity , It also symbolizes subtlety. Clarity, reflection, and indirect deduction it softly illuminates. There's a shot of Koyomi's moonphases on the ceiling that is missing the New Moon which means the end of a cycle. The Moon and Crab (Cancer) share a link with the Ocean a symbol of life, renewel and change. The Moon is also connected to the cat.

The cat is Astute, Clever, Secretive, Mysterious, Intelligent, Intuitive, Supernatural, Watchful, Selective, Independent

when a cat makes an uncommon appearance in our lives it is a message for us to shake up our habitual routines and make some fresh changes in our lives, as well as be more flexible in our thinking.

the cat animal symbolism is synonymous with creativity and psychic power because of its sometimes unorthodox & "mysterious" behavior. Its mystery is a message to us that we have the power over illusion. Cat animal symbolism reminds us to not fall prey to false beliefs, to not be a fool out of ignorance and derive understanding from our own internal wisdom. The cat beckons us to realize that when we turn within to our own hearts, minds and souls, and trust in ourselves we will always be shown the truth of matters.

I never thought about the Yin/Yang symbol like that. Nice! I just felt that it reminded me of Moby Dick when I watched this arc.
Aug 6, 2013 12:54 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was simply downright amazing. This is exactly what I was waiting for.

11/10
Aug 6, 2013 1:55 AM

Jan 2013
c0rnhorse said:

c0rnhorse said:
self-insert

wut
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Aug 6, 2013 12:31 PM

Oct 2008
Araragi really looked like a boss this episode. He usually doesn't come across as a badass. But when he attempts it, he pulls it off quite well. A terrific episode all around. It might be my favorite episode out of all the monogatari series thus far.
Aug 6, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2011
This was quite the perfect episode!
Lovely piece of visualisation with Hanekawa at the beginning. Really nice transitions in to different scenarios. Also, Araragi's entrance was badass. I enjoyed Hanekawa's story very much. Beautiful visuals.
Aug 6, 2013 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
I wasn't expecting such an epic episode. Loved everything about it.

11/10. Extra point for this (I know it has been posted but this is just too HNNNNNNG):

Aug 6, 2013 7:35 PM

Nov 2012
tsudecimo said:
It's already been confirmed for 24-26 episodes a while back, were you living under a rock?

lol XD that's cold! XD

hpulley said:
26 episodes on TV plus Hana 4-5 OVAs I thought.

yeah I really curious about the OVA bro.. :3 I wonder when it will be airing :p
Aug 6, 2013 8:29 PM

May 2012
I will miss Black Hanekawa. But that Araragi acting all badass tho.

Decent conclusion to the arc.
Aug 7, 2013 4:02 AM

Sep 2012
Didn't look like anyone had posted the end card yet:
Aug 7, 2013 6:44 AM

Jan 2010
A great final arc, and oddly enough, Hanekawa I did not like at the beginning of the monogatari series, eventually becoming one of my favorite characters. Expected a more intensive fight against Hako, but the appearance of Araragi was sublime, a bit crowded but the role ...

Now waiting for the next arc with a little more suspense and action and less drama.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Aug 7, 2013 8:28 AM
May 2012
cant begin to fathom how overrated this anime is ...
Aug 7, 2013 10:27 AM

Jul 2010
FINALLY, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. GO ArarararararaGI SAVE THIS SERIES ALREADY. Anyway, Shaft is godlike.

cyruz said:
I wish that hair would stay.

This.

Also ..
Would you pat a Black Hanekawa?
AkanezoraAug 7, 2013 10:32 AM
Aug 7, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
Yes, I would surely pat a Black Hanekawa! If she rips off my arm and I bleed to death because I am not a half vampire, at least I will die happy...
Aug 7, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2011
Awww that was such a nice way to end the arc. This sure got me to like Hanekawa a lot more than I did before, especially now that she's accepted her bad emotions. Gonna miss seeing dem cute cat eats and the constant nyaaing.

And Araragi showed up like a complete mother fucking badass with his clothes all ripped up and flowing.
Aug 7, 2013 5:34 PM

May 2013
DAMN THIS ARC 10/10 GOD!!! Just awesome, DEM feels man Good job for Hanekawa being her true self... i got goosebumps xD badass Araragi got back from ******* I see.

Tch.
Aug 7, 2013 5:40 PM

Sep 2012
^^^ The cat scratched "Tadaima" "i'm home", the last line of the novel, just so special... Black Hanekawa...
Aug 7, 2013 8:09 PM

Jun 2012
I love Hanekawa's new hairstyle, she should keep it that way!
Aug 7, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
Dat new hairstyle.
Good episode btw.
Welp, onto the next arc.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 8, 2013 2:36 AM

Sep 2012
Kabuki short PV:
http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/movie/kabuki_pv01.html

Love how they animated the VOFAN illustration on the cover of the novel!
Aug 8, 2013 3:56 AM

Apr 2009
Great ending to an amazing arc imo.
Aug 8, 2013 4:18 AM
Jun 2013
Truly awesome arc.

Loved Hanekawa's new hair style! Not to mention her character developement. :)

And couldn't have hoped for a more badass entrance for Araragi! Lovin' it so far. :)
Aug 8, 2013 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
Sadly the end of the Kabuki preview does seem to indicate no new episode this weekend:
8月17日より各局で順次放送開始

"Broadcast starting from August 17th"
hpulleyAug 8, 2013 8:28 AM
Aug 8, 2013 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
This weekend is summary episode for NekoShiro.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 8, 2013 11:30 AM

Dec 2012
Is it gonna be a special episode like Bake recap, with separate entry on MAL and all ?
Aug 8, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2012
hpulley said:
Kabuki short PV:
http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/movie/kabuki_pv01.html

Love how they animated the VOFAN illustration on the cover of the novel!

holy shit I'm ready for this shit.. XD
already got goosebump on it! XD
Aug 8, 2013 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
Fantastic episode. Hanekawa has grown a ton since we first seen her in Bake and Araragi made his entrance with bad ass mode activated. But man dem feels when Araragi and Hanekawa were talking to each other. And that head pat!!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2013 3:05 PM

Oct 2012
This is too much epic, amazing episode in overall and in details especially with Koyomi arrival (EPIC) that Tiger got dealt with. Hanekawa finally became able to be her true self and confessing but got rejected however she got a new hair style and it look great but she dye it, well whatever this is still epic awaiting for next episode for another epic Arc...love it
Aug 9, 2013 4:37 PM

Jun 2013
There is an episode this week, right? ........right?
Aug 9, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
well it seems it will be a recap... but i dont mind
i rather wait a week and watch a perfected season than watch episodes, which in animation are cut down in response to the amount of time they got to animate
*cough* bakemonogatari episode 8, nadeko snake arc second part, when koyomi fight against the snake where we got mostly blank screens from the fight scenes *cough*
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Aug 10, 2013 3:20 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was fucking a!Arraragi was so fucking awesome.Can't wait for today's episode!Great arc,this was.
Aug 10, 2013 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
Arararararagiiiiiii
Aug 10, 2013 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
Ararararararararararararararararararagi-san is a total BADASS. *stares*

Awesome.
Aug 10, 2013 11:31 AM
Jul 2012
The end justifies the means. I love this episode. Everything is warp up the way it can be. Hanekawa gets what she needs. I don't know what to say but GREAT EPISODE. Love this arc! Dang, I can't easily express it in words. The whole arc gets to me :)
Aug 10, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2012
One does not simply reject Hanekawa...
Aug 11, 2013 5:15 AM

Aug 2013
Raigerzero said:
fanks_177 said:
One does not simply reject Hanekawa...

This.

I like both Hanekawa and Senjougahara of course, but the former is so more expressive of her love (and is childhood friend,I think?--> More so than Senjougahara at least) and I accordingly feel much, much more empathy in the love sector for Hanekawa. Like I said, I really like Senjougahara, but I can't help but wish that Hanekawa was the winner (although to me, both are very good). These five episodes, especially this one, made me view Hanekawa in WAY better light (not that it was a bad light before, but she wasn't that interesting compared to Senjougahara) and really fleshen her out as a magnificently complex character. To me now, Hanekawa is best girl. Senjougahara is great too, but not best girl to me.

I love the internal monologue that Hanakawa made in this chapter. It was a very interesting thing to hear and reminds me about what makes the Monogatari series so unique and great. The appearance of Araragi was awsome as well, and although I regret a bit (but expected) that Hanekawa was rejected. Poor Hanekawa. Although a fictional character, I hope things work out for her.

C'mon!Senjougahara is so much well,interesting.If Hanakawa and Araragi were together,it would've been boring.Senjougahara's just way too awesome!
Aug 11, 2013 12:41 PM

Dec 2011
She finally confessed! Oh my goodness. Been waiting for this since the first season. And the arc finally wrapped up. Can't wait to see which arc is next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2013 2:21 AM

Apr 2010
who's that badass hero that saved the day?? the one with that long sword?? that's definitely not Arararagi.. he's way too cool!! XoX

Talk about abrupt change of character.. Suddenly Koyomi is in my cool dude list in just one episode.. really the monogatari series always exceeds my expectations.. definitely my 2nd fav episode after koyomi x hitagi date.. :)
Aug 12, 2013 9:38 PM

Jun 2012
So much of dem feels!! T.T

I'm wondering if maybe Kanbaru was teaching Araragi to fight or what... really curious to know what they've been up to.
Aug 14, 2013 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
it's like he did off-screen training probably battled magikarps.

Aug 14, 2013 5:47 AM

Jun 2008
Akanezora said:
FINALLY, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. GO ArarararararaGI SAVE THIS SERIES ALREADY. Anyway, Shaft is godlike.

cyruz said:
I wish that hair would stay.

This.

Also ..
Would you pat a Black Hanekawa?

Most cats like being petted on the head. Black Hanekawa would be no different since she's more of a cat than Hanekawa.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

418 by SouthRzVa »»
May 25, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2013

296 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 24, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Barion-Zara - Nov 8, 2013

122 by SouthRzVa »»
May 23, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

434 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 23, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

212 by eblf2013 »»
May 22, 3:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.