Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2012 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
this show makes it hard for me to go to sleep because it gives me raging boners
Apr 30, 2012 7:50 PM

Jul 2011
This series seems to be on an upward slope, I enjoyed this episode a little more than the last. The only thing that bugs me is the MC. What is he saving his energy for? It just makes him out to be an ass.
Apr 30, 2012 7:51 PM

Dec 2007
So lets summarize the two episodes that has progressed so far:

Episode 1: fans: omg this is so good why? because the art is amazing, me: ok...

Episode 1: me: omg what did i watch, fan: you watched good animation.

Episode 2: fans: omg this is so good why? because the art is amazing, me: ok...

Episode 2: me: omg that ending... jizz fans yeah it is nice I still like the story.. wait what?
Apr 30, 2012 8:22 PM

Mar 2012
At least you're staying true to your signature.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 30, 2012 8:43 PM

Sep 2011
I'm starting to really like this show now, after a rather slow first episode

Apr 30, 2012 9:55 PM

May 2011
Confession at the end!

I fucking knew she wanted his dick
Fuck yeah
Apr 30, 2012 10:06 PM

Jul 2008
I am pretty sure this "confession" isn't going to be about liking him. It will be about her personal matters or what he can help her solve. Idk why people are reading into it.
Apr 30, 2012 10:16 PM

Jan 2012
Potential for romance +1

okay so , I love the opening/ending song for this show. art/animation are great . characters are great. storyline is kinda interesting for me .

This anime reminded me about The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya . The main female characters are about the same . But I prefer chitanda more than haruhi, maybe because she's more decent/polite/etc .

No fucks is given to those who almost feel asleep.
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Apr 30, 2012 10:50 PM

Nov 2011
Decent episode.
Introduced to Ibara finally, I actually like her character. I was expecting some sort of uppity cheery girl but she seems more of the normal-type if not a bit aggressive to her friends like Oreki.

I'm starting to feel a really trend on this "I'm curious" and sparkly eye scene though and it actually started to come off to me as a bit annoying or will soon if it continues like this. It also seems as though Chitanda is not the only one that can give Oreki the "curious eyes" as Ibara gave it to him to. So it seems as though Oreki may not actually like Chitanda more then I thought from the first episode if Ibara can give him the look as well. It probably is just a look he cannot say no to from anyone since he is such a mystery-solver.

The mystery was decent, it honestly didn't make me go Wow or anything. No progression yet with Oreki's character still being a very dull, boring and uninteresting character. Satoshi seems to be the most interesting character to me so far. His personality and attitude seems to be the most vibrant and refreshing so far in the series. Being energetic, clever, involvement in everything, somewhat comedic character and seems to understand everything and everyone around him to a degree. Even though he is such a character he does enjoy getting Oreki involved into a variety of situations and mysteries. It may be due to Satoshi's cleverness to get Oreki into these situations with Chitanda(Satoshi knowing that Chitanda CAN make Oreki do things he normally would not do) that hopefully we'll see some character progression with Oreki.

Then I kind of figured Chitanda planned on using Oreki for some sort of problem. NOT A CONFESSION OF LOVE. Throughout this episode she made it obvious that their is some sort of personal matter on her mind and it appears that Oreki can help solve that matter. The way she makes it sound saying that this personal matter is a confession, she may have been the cause of this matter or she is simply confessing their was a problem earlier when Oreki questioned her.

Anyways decent episode, not fantastic but not that far in the series so just got to wait and see what develops in the story as it goes on in the next episode!
RagixApr 30, 2012 11:06 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 30, 2012 10:55 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty safe to say it's not going to be an actual confession., but maybe we'll see where the plot os going.

Although I actually woudn't mind that pairing, if Chitanda wasn't so pushy. I hate pushy characters the most.

Oreki might just be one of my top favorite characters now though, but I'll wait and see.
Apr 30, 2012 11:05 PM

Jul 2010
EOTW said:
This series seems to be on an upward slope, I enjoyed this episode a little more than the last. The only thing that bugs me is the MC. What is he saving his energy for? It just makes him out to be an ass.

i think he might be doing that on purpose so ppl will leave him alone. if ppl see him as you said, than chance are they would turn the other way. he wants that to happen. though its not working that well with chitanda.

GarLogan78 said:
I am pretty sure this "confession" isn't going to be about liking him. It will be about her personal matters or what he can help her solve. Idk why people are reading into it.

i think this person can say it better
Spacebar said:
Potential for romance +1

even though some of use knew from the beginning that was the case, its still nice to think of it like that
Spacebar said:

okay so , I love the opening/ending song for this show. art/animation are great . characters are great. storyline is kinda interesting for me .

This anime reminded me about The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya . The main female characters are about the same . But I prefer chitanda more than haruhi, maybe because she's more decent/polite/etc .

No fucks is given to those who almost feel asleep.

i like the rest of this too.

Apr 30, 2012 11:30 PM

Mar 2009
Ekstah said:
I'm not too sure on what to think of this series because it's sort of boring but interesting
at the same time, like how there's no background music for most of the moment but It's still getting
my attention to the point where I actually like the series. This series is just messing with
my head, but I definitely love it for the mystery aspect of it all.

I agree with this. I kind of felt empty yet satisfied after both episodes, but for some reason I am intrigued to watch more. I kind of have this feeling that I know this anime will turn out fantastic at the end. Eru is a really cool character, and I hope to see some romance blossoming between the characters!
Apr 30, 2012 11:58 PM

Aug 2008
For the most part, I think the plot is bland. So far at least. But the BGM's and art are gorgeous, and the characters seem likeable. So I'm liking it quite a bit. More than I thought I would.
May 1, 2012 1:27 AM

Oct 2009
Hm. Yeah, better.
Ehhhh, no not really.
But it's kind of...
A little bit there.

I just want something serious and broody to happen, not some goddamn high school triviality mystery.

Omniknight said:

Precisely.
NaratchiMay 1, 2012 1:30 AM
May 1, 2012 1:35 AM

Aug 2011
I'm part of the group that actually likes this show a lot, due to the fact that I don't seem to find Chitanda annoying at all, and seem to find Oreki a good MC.

That's new.
May 1, 2012 1:47 AM

Mar 2009
damn ED... so erotic~ haha
May 1, 2012 2:13 AM

Jun 2010
My conclusion was same with Oreki. BTW I doubt it'll love confession on the last part :D
LOL
May 1, 2012 4:44 AM

Jun 2009
Love the mysteries so far. They are just normal things we usually brush aside without giving too much though. Love characters as well. The ED clearly is targeted at males and they seem to enjoy it. However I'm not that enthusiastic about it. Oh well... I t can't be helped..
May 1, 2012 4:53 AM

Jul 2011
nubmonk said:
This shit works better than Nyquil.

took the words right out of my mouth...
May 1, 2012 5:15 AM

May 2008
There is really nothing interesting about this show so far . Just a normal mystery anime that is not up to standard. Though its just the starting , i assume its gonna get better. Gray and Wendy need to get together already <3

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 1, 2012 5:39 AM

Jan 2012
greenmush said:
There is really nothing interesting about this show so far . Just a normal mystery anime that is not up to standard. Though its just the starting , i assume its gonna get better. Gray and Wendy need to get together already <3

Gray and Wendy ? Are you even in the correct anime thread ? Or are you trying to imply that the main characters are somewhat like Gray and Wendy ? In my point of view, they are not similar at all .
May 1, 2012 6:09 AM

Sep 2007
jakeisquite said:

Couldn't you just put it on hold and wait till it finishes instead of dropping it? o_O Dropping something because you're watching too many other things isn't a good reason to drop something imo.

Not really. I still haven't watched One Outs, Cross Game and Real Drive, and god knows how many others I told myself I would watch when they finish. Even Phi Brain is sitting on my hard drive.

Plus with how slow-moving Hyoka is the best format for it is likely one episode per week.
May 1, 2012 6:14 AM

Feb 2008
Even better than the first episode. Loving everything about it, the people who dislike it seem to have ADHD or something.
May 1, 2012 7:09 AM
Mar 2011
Though slow, I love to see Oreki's train of thought in solving these mysteries.

Still can't shake the feeling that the series is going to surprise us with a big mystery possibly compassing the whole anime some where in ep 7-10 ish; well something to look forward to I suppose. Still, I love to see how good KyoAni animates facial expression.
May 1, 2012 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
what a great episode! Eru is so adorable especially in that ponytail <3 she's so cute!
and i also like her personality.. Mayaka's a cute one too.. :D
Even Houtarou's laziness amuses me, this is going to be an great and interesting series..
May 1, 2012 10:37 AM

Nov 2009
Still not Wowed by this yet, I find the male lead despite him being voiced by the same guy as Tomoya to be a bit lacking. I just dont find him interesting. Eru has began to grow on me a bit as has Sunohara v2 but I just cant be bothered with the "main" character.

I hope this gets at least a bit more exciting soon. I dont want to drop ANOTHER Kyo-Ani show! =(
May 1, 2012 12:26 PM

Jul 2010
I don't understand all of the hype, but I'll give it one more episode before dropping. An anime doesn't have to be include explosions, guns, and etc to be interesting for me. The problem with this anime so far, is that the characters are boring and cliche, the tone is dull, etc...
Nice animation alone, cant save an anime.
May 1, 2012 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
The art and visuals are still outstanding. But why is nothing happening? Like nothing....!!!
Chitanda's cute :3

4/5

Sent with Mal Updater
May 1, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
@MEsoJD
Whatever man, its your life, you choice. Its up to you .
May 1, 2012 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Agreed; people like this piss me off also; they are judging the entire series on two episodes T_T;

People can drop all they want. What usually piss people off is that some people try to start a flame war by posting how they hated the episode and announce that they dropped it knowing perfectly that the fans will start a rage/bashing war.

It degrades the forums. The fact that the fans are taking the bait is not helping either. It can also go both ways. Fans have to understand that some other people can also be pissed about the fan's defensive attitude towards a series. If you turn that argument over, you can say that there is only 10% of the series so fans should stop praising it like it's the best thing they have seen in their life.

Also, if the second episode is boring enough, a tip for some viewers with a life: you can drop it and wait until more episodes come out and see how the series play out before deciding to watch it or not. You don't have to be following this on a weekly basis to be disappointed at the end. Fans and haters should respect each other but by definition, of course they don't.

Agreed, with this. Besides this show gets a lot of hype for nothing. It hasn't shown much at all but the provoking declaration of dropping with hardly any words can be annoying.

wakka9ca said:
Yvese said:

To me, I see the ED the same way I saw the Clannad + Clannad AS ED's; a way to detract the viewer from what they just saw. In Clannad, some people had issues with the ED because it felt so out of place, yet I thought it was perfect since it can get real depressing at times and the ED serves to lighten the mood.

Not really a good analogy because Dango Daikazoku was extremely relevant to the series premise. Other than that, if I over-analyze this ED, I feel that I was slapped in the face. I'm offended by the portrayal of the female characters in that state (half-asleep and half-naked, showing weakness).

I disagree with his. I think you read too much into it(showing weakness, wtf?) and the ending isn't as fan-service as you people made it. It was more artistic and not the less just throw a dozen panties on the screen type at all.
MonadMay 1, 2012 3:06 PM
May 1, 2012 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
GarLogan78 said:

chitanda's a slut so you never know
May 1, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2010
Meh, I don't see what some of you guys are fangasming over with this series, I find it a little dull so far.
May 1, 2012 3:44 PM

Mar 2011
ShadowGilgamesh said:
Meh, I don't see what some of you guys are fangasming over with this series, I find it a little dull so far.

You find it Dull, I'm not. As simple as that
May 1, 2012 4:17 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
ShadowGilgamesh said:

I have to agree with this. I personally like the show, it's not bad. But nothing is really happening. It's sort of becoming a bit boring. The characters are really the only things so far keeping it lively and energetic. But something has got to happen, or this is going to be a long 21 episodes. Hyouka has great potential, I hope it isn't wasted.
May 1, 2012 6:06 PM

Jan 2012
How is this episode even boring ? What is wrong with people's taste . Well, I know that everybody have their own opinion.

So you guys expect the first few episodes to be full of action ? Gawd, its still in introduction mode , they introduced us to a new character. So be patient folks.
May 1, 2012 8:18 PM

Nov 2007
better than the pilot ep, but not by much imo. it's probably thanks to mayaka's presence though... watching her & oreki bicker w/ each other is the closest we'll ever get to entertainment, it seems??

but wahwah, oreki's bedhead looked cute //////
May 1, 2012 8:58 PM

Jan 2010
haha.. Doggie Chitanda xD..
ED is good btw..

Mayaka Ibara and Oreki's arguments are interesting to watch lol..
I'm really curious as to what she has to say.. and I highly doubt that it's a confession :\
May 1, 2012 10:26 PM

Jul 2011
Oh damn the art is amazing!
May 1, 2012 10:47 PM

Jul 2010
Spacebar said:
@MEsoJD
Whatever man, its your life, you choice. Its up to you .

Oh wow, what a comment of substance. Good job!
May 1, 2012 11:37 PM
Apr 2011
PerlaNemesis said:
Love the mysteries so far. They are just normal things we usually brush aside without giving too much though. Love characters as well. The ED clearly is targeted at males and they seem to enjoy it. However I'm not that enthusiastic about it. Oh well... I t can't be helped..

^This and my god! the visuals--I ove them again in this episode. (*´д`*)
May 2, 2012 12:35 AM

Aug 2011
I feel a little bit sorry for Eru for putting up with Oreki's attitude all the time, especially at the last scene in the cafe. Give her some time, she looked great in her casual wear.

Animation was great during the explanation scenes with the floating diagrams. We got a triple dose of the eyes this time round, my highlihgt of each episode.

4th character was not bad, ED was alright.
May 2, 2012 2:41 AM

Jan 2011
OP single is out for those wondering and if it hasn't already been mention!.
May 2, 2012 3:08 AM

Mar 2012
lol at comparing this with steins gate... steins gate is different, started a story from ep 1 and ended at last episode .Steins gate first episodes enjoyment by far superior to Hyouka, how cant you enjoy mad scientist + tuturuturu .... and i don't think these light mysteries can be dragged to last ep.
This show for me is better than Acchi Kocchi which i dropped at ep1, while i still follow it at animeblogs,theres still nothing, nothing.... its just some scholars doing random stuff with light random jokes. Only moe holds the anime, moe the only reason i see for many ppl giving a 10/10.
This one is different, i like animation, art, characters... its in a building phase, but needs to start the main story quickly on next episodes, 20+ episodes argument wont last long.

Ppl drop animes all they want... i know ppl watch whole mirai nikki, madoka magica and giving it 5/10 and 3/10 for stupid reasons and at end they say its unwatchable.
So let them express their opinions(mine too), if you don't like it and don't know how to deal with them, just ignore.
huntxMay 2, 2012 3:34 AM
May 2, 2012 9:21 AM

Jul 2010
21 episodes? Just noticed and i wonder why. Will i be able to finish this show? don't know yet.. but i might because of Chitanda, Ibara and Satoshi. Hotarou is so boring.

That ending confession will probably be about some mystery which Chitanda think Hotarou can solve,
May 2, 2012 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
huntx said:

i know ppl watch whole mirai nikki, madoka magica and giving it 5/10 and 3/10 for stupid reasons and at end they say its unwatchable.
So let them express their opinions(mine too), if you don't like it and don't know how to deal with them, just ignore.

I never would have imagine that there is actually a person who does not enjoy mirai nikki or madoka.Tell me there stupid reasons why they didnt enjoy the shows?

May 2, 2012 9:32 AM

Mar 2012
I've come to the conclusion that a week between episodes is a long time.

Mastermind995 said:
I never would have imagine that there is actually a person who does not enjoy mirai nikki or madoka.Tell me there stupid reasons why they didnt enjoy the shows?

I didn't dislike it, but I thought Madoka was pretty average. That's all I'll say about that though, don't want to turn it into a Madoka thread.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 2, 2012 10:29 AM

Jun 2008
Mastermind995 said:
huntx said:

i know ppl watch whole mirai nikki, madoka magica and giving it 5/10 and 3/10 for stupid reasons and at end they say its unwatchable.

Is this a joke. Madoka was smartly made indeed but someone might dislike the concept.
But the worst is that you are talking like Mirai Nikki was some masterpiece. It was a fucking train wreck. It was made like a cheap B-movie for fucking sakes, the plot was throwing one nonsense after another. Compared to shows like Steins;Gate and Death Note that had some similar elements it's basically shit.
May 2, 2012 1:47 PM

Mar 2009
If I was Oreki, I would be so annoyed by Chitanda. Seriously, why does she always go right up to his face? And push him into doing things? If he wants to go home, let him go home, don't be a bully! Not to mention he was in the middle of reading and she chucks the book right in front of his vision, goodness. She's not cute, she's selfish and irritating.

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
May 2, 2012 4:37 PM

Feb 2008
I love how this series seems to be a big FUCK YOU to everyone on the internet that goes on and on about story, progression, character development and seriousness and misery. A good show doesn't need those things to SELL!

I might even buy a blu-ray of this series because of the fucking quality ALONE.
May 2, 2012 4:52 PM

Jan 2012
xBlackRosex said:
If I was Oreki, I would be so annoyed by Chitanda. Seriously, why does she always go right up to his face? And push him into doing things? If he wants to go home, let him go home, don't be a bully! Not to mention he was in the middle of reading and she chucks the book right in front of his vision, goodness. She's not cute, she's selfish and irritating.

Have you watch The Melancholy of Haurhi Suzumiya ? Go watch that and you will see how good is Chitanda compared to Haruhi .

The difference of irritating/annoying/selfish is kinda big. I'm sure you will be flipping tables in that series if you can't handle chitanda in Hyouka .
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2012

301 by Alkimia »»
Aug 23, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 17, 2012

209 by Alkimia »»
Aug 23, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 3, 2012

189 by Alkimia »»
Aug 23, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 27, 2012

247 by Alkimia »»
Aug 23, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 20, 2012

303 by Alkimia »»
Aug 23, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.