Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2012 8:07 PM

Dec 2008
this episode just set a bar no future episode can reach...i would give this show a 10 if every episode was about loli rin
Jan 5, 2012 10:23 PM
Sep 2009
loliRin was awesome, but it felt too abrupt.
Jan 5, 2012 10:44 PM

Oct 2011
where is my wife and kids? have any of you've seen them?
Jan 14, 2012 1:31 PM

Aug 2011
Nice episode. Rin was badass
Jan 27, 2012 6:54 AM

Aug 2010
Karhu said:
Fucking horrible episode.
Feb 6, 2012 2:33 PM

May 2011
great ep, doesnt feel like a filler at all imo
Feb 15, 2012 7:07 PM

Sep 2008
Very good and solid self-contained episode. Was nice to see the kids get saved.

This show even manages to make filler-esque episodes become nearly amazing.
Mar 4, 2012 4:29 PM
Mar 2010
I personally liked the episode. We, as the audience, knew some of the stuff shown already but the other characters didn't.
I also like Rin as a character and some back story was ace. xD
Mar 26, 2012 6:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
First meh episode so far. With the exception of the last 3 minutes, it was just moe filler. Hoping things will come back on track soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 26, 2012 8:57 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, why is "filler" such a taboo word? This was a change-of-pace episode -- the calm before the storm (I assume) of the last three episodes of the season. I have no complaints.
Apr 8, 2012 5:30 AM

Oct 2008
I seem to be in the minority when I say I found this to be my favourite episode so far, lol. Maybe because I really like Rin.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Apr 22, 2012 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
Hakuromatsu said:
Wow, why is "filler" such a taboo word? This was a change-of-pace episode -- the calm before the storm (I assume) of the last three episodes of the season. I have no complaints.

People just don't like adaptations screwing with something they are a fan of.

I didn't like this episode as much the second time, which is in direct contrast to all the other episodes of which I liked much more the second time seeing them. Rin is one of my favorite Fate/ characters but this was oddly timed in the grand scheme of things.

As for her holding off Ryuunosuke, I didn't have a problem with that. I'd argue that it's more in her character to actually do something instead of what happened in the novel from what I hear. Besides this was counterbalanced by what happened with Caster's monster and her being saved by Kariya.

Most importantly, we saw a different side to Tokiomi. I can somewhat see why Rin looks up to him so much, as he did play a good father to her it seemed like. It's true she never saw the darker side we do, so you can't really fault her for wanting to be like him.

So, while it's odd timing I think it's nice that an episode was focused on maybe the most important female character in Fate/stay night. *ducks and runs from Saber fans*
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 22, 2012 5:22 PM

Aug 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Hakuromatsu said:

I didn't like this episode as much the second time, which is in direct contrast to all the other episodes of which I liked much more the second time seeing them. Rin is one of my favorite Fate/ characters but this was oddly timed in the grand scheme of things.

As for her holding off Ryuunosuke, I didn't have a problem with that. I'd argue that it's more in her character to actually do something instead of what happened in the novel from what I hear. Besides this was counterbalanced by what happened with Caster's monster and her being saved by Kariya.

Most importantly, we saw a different side to Tokiomi. I can somewhat see why Rin looks up to him so much, as he did play a good father to her it seemed like. It's true she never saw the darker side we do, so you can't really fault her for wanting to be like him.

So, while it's odd timing I think it's nice that an episode was focused on maybe the most important female character in Fate/stay night. *ducks and runs from Saber fans*

Don't forget the Sakura fans xD.
Apr 22, 2012 6:04 PM

Jun 2009
Kind of forgot about her. 'Tis her fate, I guess.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 23, 2012 10:52 PM

Jul 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Hakuromatsu said:

that was a really awesome explanation. she was kinda stupid but very bad@$$ this episode. i liked this episode.

Apr 29, 2012 7:02 PM

Mar 2012
filler, but Rin was awesome, can't wait to see her in the 3rd season.
May 3, 2012 10:07 AM
May 2008
-Quasar said:
Weakest episode.

They could have skipped this and not a single fuck will be missed.

Also, what is the point of creating a thread if you haven't watched it yet or any input to post?

Agreed, complete toss away filler episode. They've handled a lot of the action fairly well thus far, then they have to give Rin a sudden power up in a completely uneventful episode... fantastic.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 21, 2012 10:59 PM

Jul 2011
I enjoyed the episode. It's nice to see how Rin was as a kid. Also did anyone else notice that all F/SN characters just speak their minds. Shirou got it from Fuji-ne and Saber does this as well. Sakura is really the only one who has a different nature. Idk not really relevant, but just something I noticed.
Jun 1, 2012 12:11 AM

Mar 2011
I paged through a few of the thread, mostly it seems to be debating rather it's filler, not filler, or just really good filler. I just want to know something.

When I watched Fate/Stay Night, I was pissed at Rin's parents for the whole MAGES COME FIRST thing they advocated. However watching Zero I now HATE Rin's parents. Does anyone else really despise her parents? Particularly for freaking Sakura? I mean

"We're going to sell our daughter off to a creepy old guy who I KNOW HIS SON DISOWNED HIM, and he obviously seems legit, he obviously won't do anything bad," pretty much seems to paraphrase their attitude. And then after learning EXACTLY what kind of crap that guy pulls by seeing what's his names face, and knowing that Sakura has been abused, clearly stated by that guy, she still only worried for him. He's clearly a far better person than either Tokioka (sp?) parents could ever hope to be. o.O
Jun 1, 2012 12:54 PM
Dec 2007
It's too bad but yeah. It's also sad Rin's philosophy was shaped by his dad's to the point she tried to emulate him in Heaven's Feel. Thankfully, in one of the things you have to thank Shirou for, Shirou always manages to snap her out of that stupidity and show her to relax her stance a little.

Jun 20, 2012 4:04 AM

May 2012
My girl Rin's been a badass since she was 10 years old! Awesome episode! A bit tense at times even.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 23, 2012 6:06 PM

Aug 2008
ahhh, this episode made me feel so anxious!
I wonder if Rin will become an annoying character in fate/night because that was my first impression of her. But she's strong.

I hope Caster will die before this season end. He's too horrible.
Aug 4, 2012 5:10 PM
Apr 2012
As a Rin fan, I say this:

Was this episode filler?

Yes.

Was this episode fanservice?

Yes.

However, it's the best fanservice/filler episode ever, and there is some character development as well.

4/5 for me, I understand you'd dislike it if you don't like Rin/have read the LN and didn't like the change though.
Aug 9, 2012 6:36 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty good!
4/5
End Zionazism
Sep 12, 2012 1:20 AM

Sep 2011
Was so epic when Rin broke the bracelet! The music was just breathtaking!

I also liked how they squeezed Kariya into this episode so it wasn't 100% pointless. xD
Sep 13, 2012 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode Rin save the day!
Sep 14, 2012 1:23 AM

Mar 2009
It was decent.
Sep 14, 2012 8:35 PM

Nov 2011
One of the better Flashbacks I have seen! =P

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 15, 2012 1:57 AM

Aug 2009
DarkShards said:
One of the better Flashbacks I have seen! =P

Flashback?
Sep 28, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2011
Rin - Cool and super cute . Epic combination
Nov 21, 2012 1:07 PM

May 2012
Great episode to have it pointed to a single character, and it was quite an interesting character if you ask me! Great episode loved it! Especially the dramatic ending!
Dec 21, 2012 3:29 PM

Nov 2009
I would think Rin was awesome but ... In F/SN she is a COMPLETE BITCH so ... Well anyways I guess it was an okay episode even if it was more of a side story / filler, at least I got to see a little of Berserker ... Though personally think Rider might be my favorite team.
Dec 22, 2012 8:34 AM

Aug 2009
Pirating_Ninja said:
I would think Rin was awesome but ... In F/SN she is a COMPLETE BITCH so ... Well anyways I guess it was an okay episode even if it was more of a side story / filler, at least I got to see a little of Berserker ... Though personally think Rider might be my favorite team.

It was filler mostly.The actual story is Rin going in Fuyuki,finding that alley an dbeing save by Kariya.She never found or saved anyone.
Jan 23, 2013 9:50 AM

Dec 2008
Was gonna rate this a 8/10 but this touching episode made it a 9 for me.

Too much Rin~~~
Ahh I can't handle it~~~
Jan 29, 2013 7:06 AM
Aug 2011
Rin is so adorable :) But she cannot surpass Ilya.
Feb 26, 2013 8:46 PM

May 2012
Didn't feel like filler at all to me but if they stretched it out from the novels like some of you are saying then I guess it is. Still really enjoyed it.

Seems like there's only two different sides. People who liked Rin from FSN and enjoyed seeing her past and those who didn't like her to begin with so don't want to see anymore of her lol.
Feb 26, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2012
gettogaara said:
Didn't feel like filler at all to me but if they stretched it out from the novels like some of you are saying then I guess it is. Still really enjoyed it.

Seems like there's only two different sides. People who liked Rin from FSN and enjoyed seeing her past and those who didn't like her to begin with so don't want to see anymore of her lol.

It's not even stretching it out. This shit never even happened in the novels.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Mar 3, 2013 12:34 PM

Jan 2012
Well, I can't say I disliked the episode, but it wasn't as good as the rest of them. I want to see some real fighting!

Mar 9, 2013 1:45 AM
Jan 2010
This is the first time I've seen character development described as filler.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mar 9, 2013 10:14 PM

Dec 2012
by far the best episode so far
Jun 3, 2013 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
This episode tugged on some heart strings for me, I really was afraid for the kids. But i like fighting episodes best
Jun 11, 2013 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was fine in terms of character development. And the visuals where amazing in this one.
Especially the part with the crystal manipulation.
Jun 11, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2012
rin hmm.. yah.. not really bad episode.. the bad girl rin try learn magic to fight evil lol XD
I wonder what happen to rin if caster was there..
the chase scene is really thrilling btw :p
Jun 11, 2013 10:40 AM

Nov 2012
Always-Hungry said:
This episode was fine in terms of character development. And the visuals where amazing in this one.
Especially the part with the crystal manipulation.

seriously when seeing this kind of art magic.. I was thinking "magic can make money" lol XD
Jun 24, 2013 6:39 PM

Jan 2013
arrgghhh!!
(note-do not have or want to sub to neon alley)
I want to watch this dubbed, my usual sources are taking too long to upload it.
Jun 29, 2013 11:45 AM

Feb 2013
Rin is so brave, but she was lucky that damned Caster wasn't around. She was so cool all along :D

I don't care that this was a filler episode. At least, it was more interesting than Naruto fillers.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 17, 2013 9:13 AM
Dec 2012
Kariya finally has some screentime. It was a good filler in my opinion, now I know that Kariya is gonna die :(
Jul 18, 2013 3:50 PM

May 2013
Interesting episode.
Jul 23, 2013 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
Yay, loli Rin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2013 12:11 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, a bit slow in the beginning
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - May 21

35 by Ain2Zwei »»
Yesterday, 12:34 PM

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

18 by Rhae »»
May 9, 7:18 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.