Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chained Soldier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 9, 2:10 AM

Dec 2012
I like the plot lol

Jan 9, 3:16 AM

Dec 2016
Still trying to work out why this series has such a big following? Is it because of the manga???
Jan 9, 10:39 AM

Jan 2018
Well, I heard of the manga before. Not sure when and where. So when the anime was announced I was curious.

Since Winter 2024 season is quite lackluster I thought I might as well watch this. It might be a trash anime but sometimes you should watch trash. Makes you appreciate the good ones more.

And damn, the first episode was entertaining. Willing to see where it goes from here.
Jan 9, 11:19 AM
Mar 2021
not bad. I like it but have differences.
Jan 9, 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
This is an absolutele dogshit of an adaptation. It's just so painful to watch a manga like this get butchered in the anime adaptation. The action sequences feel like those old game cut scenes completely in CGI. Even the direction is just a mess. I'm glad I've read the manga beforehand already a year ago. I'm just going to watch for the progession of the story. Everything aside is just garbage.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 9, 12:42 PM

Nov 2009
WAIT...

so the girl giving "reward" isn't by choice... she's forced to by her strange "master slave" ability to go in and do lewd things to her slaves..

does this mean Kyouka had "lewd plays, if not seggs" with the "monsters" before?... HUH...

Also, we got a Loli in the mist, LOL, hopefully she isn't also into the "master slave" plays too... or will the MC enjoy it? LOL

Imagine getting "dominated" by a little girl...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 9, 1:00 PM

Sep 2013
So another slave anime... animation is quite lacking quality wise. Lets see if this gets better as the story progresses or it remains mid.
sic mundus
Jan 9, 3:20 PM
Jul 2023
I have learned about this masterpiece of step on me energy and had too watch it as it came out.
After this first episode I am concerned. In a certain video by a certain ÓreImo enjoy-er I learned Kyoka can lend out the master power and the "reward" will be from both her and the lender. But episode one and more specific the ending I see a precious pink fluff ball in grade school clothing.

Please tell me they don't let the child into the weird sexy stuff. Even seeing the face sitting will be child abuse😬😨
Jan 9, 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
Well... What can I say about it..... I have no idea, really kek There is a huge fetish there among battles and stuff, and I think it is
Jan 9, 10:00 PM

Nov 2023
I'm not gonna lie, this episode got me hooked immediately from the start.

Everything I expected of this anime came true. The CGI wasn't that bad but I don't really pay attention to it that much.

Overall, another anime with a great start.
Jan 10, 1:34 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to LyLord
I have learned about this masterpiece of step on me energy and had too watch it as it came out.
After this first episode I am concerned. In a certain video by a certain ÓreImo enjoy-er I learned Kyoka can lend out the master power and the "reward" will be from both her and the lender. But episode one and more specific the ending I see a precious pink fluff ball in grade school clothing.

Please tell me they don't let the child into the weird sexy stuff. Even seeing the face sitting will be child abuse😬😨
@LyLord [manga, regarding Nei]
Jan 10, 4:10 AM
Nov 2022
Honestly I didn't think I would like it , maybe I was just Horny 🤔
Jan 10, 9:07 AM

Feb 2018
Might be one I'm currently in the progress of reading...
Liked the ending theme more than the opening, not sure what it was but had a better vibe to it.
Think this at least does a good job at showing what to expect going forward, wish the animation was a bit smoother though.
Great picks for the VA's, think they all sound good just going off this episode.
Jan 10, 10:06 AM
Dec 2020
Nice but animations weren't good.
Jan 10, 10:59 AM
Dec 2021
The cgi might ruin an otherwise great manga
Jan 10, 1:52 PM
Apr 2019
It's not bad, will give it a couple more episodes and see where it goes.
Jan 10, 11:35 PM

Aug 2021
hm. looks trash but that's expected. i'm just here for the fan service i was promised
Jan 11, 5:13 AM
Mar 2023
dam so hot. btw the manga author use to draw hentai
Jan 11, 6:07 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Reply to KANLen09
Premiere screening at AFA SG 2023.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy0VIDstIt3

From author Takahiro of Akame ga Kill!, comes the next big thing to come out in the new year: Mato Seihei no Slave.

Akari Kitou's OP is decent to good, and Maaya Uchida's ED is more or less the same.

In a world laden of the Mato Mishap, two people would forge their destinies together, but it's not until said guy of Yuuki Wakura (who's known for his swift housekeeping duties), with the power of the Peaches, gets mysteriously caught in that same mishap, where there laid monsters called Shuuk. And the only thing that he could do is to await the rescue from the Demon Defense Force, specifcally the 7th Squadron Commander Uzen Kyouka and her capable comrades of Himari Azuma, Shushu Suruga and Nei Okawamura thwarting all Shuuki around the vicinity.

Apart from both Yuuki, a young brother and sister also getting caught into the Mato Mishap is bad. But with the power that Uzen has, it's not enough to get them out of trouble...which is where she makes the fateful decision to make Yuuki her slave, transforming into a monster capable of defeating Shuukis of all sizes. And the price of Uzen's ability is that she needs to reward her slaves, though a kiss...going to a French kiss, definitely took Yuuki by surprise, though not far from reaching her goal of becoming the Supreme Commander. And Yuuki...becomes the 7th Squadron dorm caretaker, because men are not allowed to be in the Demon Defense Force. Oh well, start from the bottom I guess.

Is this in-house director Junji Nishimura's comeback with studio Seven Arcs? I hope so, because the premiere episode is very good.

Aside from the CGI, I hope that this show will continue to flourish as one strong fanservice contender of the season.
@KANLen09 I am not surprised that the author of Akame is on this given the similar character designs between Esdeath and Kyouka (I know they have different illustrators). Takahiro sensei really wants to milk the fetish of dominant sadistic females taking on masochistic male characters as slaves, I see.
Jan 11, 11:06 PM
Nov 2018
The use of CGI/3D animation makes the fight scenes go pretty smoothly, and from what I can tell there seems to be a bit of hand drawn too. Heard the concept a bit back and found it intriguing and know there'll be lots of plot, which I could do without but hey, it goes with the concept so as long as it's not obnoxious. looking forward to learning more about Mato and the defense force structure
Jan 12, 1:09 AM
Aug 2020
This is sooooooo good
Jan 12, 4:24 PM

Jan 2018
Damn they really go all out on the ecchi content in this one. I do have one concern though and that would be whether the loli is part of the lewd acts in any way. I dont think anybody wants to see that. Must protecc at all costs!
Jan 13, 6:55 AM
Oct 2022
Is it just me or did the CG look pretty bad for a 2024 anime?
Jan 13, 2:28 PM

Sep 2013
Production is a bit disappointing, the manga is better so far
Jan 13, 2:28 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
I find it funny how on certain sites that must not be named this show has an over 8 average yet on MAL it's struggling to stay over the 7 line. Truly a shame, but what does this show have?

Yuuki is househusband material to the max. Cleaning every spot, sewing on the spot. And he becomes the damsel in distress to a commander in a badass uniform. Say less.

Commander is a badass, to say the least. That fight scene where she was mowing down big guys on her own and dealing with the survivor.. that was some good fight choreography.

But for her hand to make you instinctively lick it XD that hand must be sauced up. Just looking at this I could see Akame Ga Kill inspiration, factoring powers and the overall episode. Especially with his transformation looking like a certain piece of armor from that other show.

He hasn't touched a woman before, yet he got the girl deep diving into him off the first ep. I commend the gods that made this power system. He now gets to sign up for voluntary servitude at essentially an all-girls dorm.
Jan 13, 8:59 PM

May 2016
Dude, I watched the first EP of slave. This seems like a show you could watch with your friends and absolutely rip into TwT
It's so bad it's kinda funny, at least the first EP is with how fast they rush through the first meeting of the two mcs. The of the environment of the mato looks awful. The amount of cg they use is a turn off. I found the sound effects they use in the fight scene to be cartoonish. Like I swear I just here him going nyoom across the screen. A lot of other stuff I could rip into, too.
The dommy girl and house husband dynamic is the only thing going for it.
Jan 14, 3:28 AM

Apr 2023
The OP style feels kinda old fashioned while the ED has many galgame-like CG.
Jan 15, 2:17 AM

Dec 2018
Not bad, all the girls are looking attractive~ Seems like everyone are having big breast, except for the pink hair girl since she is just a kid...
I'm a fan of Akame, and Kyouka actually pretty much the most attractive so far~ Her personality are not bad.
Kyouka will give a gift for her slave? Only kiss right? No more than that I hope...
Not a fan of Op and Ed song... They sound... pretty normal...

Jan 15, 6:05 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to RyuKlinge
I didn't realize this came from the writer of Akame Ga Kill. This was a good 1st episode, I love all the characters in it so far. It seems interesting and fun. I love Kyouka's design, Yuuki is a likeable main character too. I can't wait for more.
@RyuKlinge no wonder its so fking good. akame was my most fav anime this one as well i cant even sleep after watching ep 1.
Jan 17, 10:36 AM

Apr 2021
First episode started like, I liked it. The quality of the characters I thought was cool, there was a lot of action, there was no ecchi but there was some heat but it was good, meeting those girls, I don't know if it was luck or bad luck for him but he did well.
I hope to get to know them all better in the next episode. he had a lot of courage.
Jan 17, 12:53 PM

Nov 2015
action scenes were awful lol, animation and direction wise. i only enjoyed the last bit with him being the caretaker of that home
Jan 19, 3:25 AM

May 2016
The time has finally came to become a Bijou's slave for life.

Good start, it's gonna be enjoyable watch and good eyecandy.
Jan 19, 5:33 PM

Mar 2021
Dayum this is very lewd, I didnt expected this much, but I enjoy it x)

I see there's gonna be a lot a fetishes from the author, if being a slave to a girl is the main one

Its funny I see some Solo leveling because of the portals to the world and they have to defend it, at least the beginning and background ~

Im at ep2 rn and sheesh its lewd, Im still waiting to see where this is gonna go for the story
Jan 20, 11:14 AM

Jan 2011
I won't crown this show yet but I see a lot here I like.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 21, 12:00 AM

Dec 2018
amogus sus amorgos
Jan 22, 3:04 PM
Jan 2024
Its alright nothing special

Jan 23, 10:48 AM
Aug 2017
Huh... Pretty disappointed by this first episode. All feels... forced? The combat, the ecchi scene, the 2D/3D moments in the animation... The OP and ED are kinda good, but that's all for the moment. I really hoped it would be better :/
Jan 24, 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
People seem to really love this show so it's gotten me hyped, look forward to watching the whole season
Jan 24, 9:51 PM
May 2016
Very boring and looks really ugly.
Jan 25, 12:22 PM

Jan 2021
Nah...
I'm hard af

Feb 10, 10:39 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to HibiChika
two words, boobs.
@HibiChika I call dibs on the 11 year old jk but not jk

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 23, 10:22 PM
Feb 2024
I like that episode.. because it's rare when the male Character is the support
Feb 27, 2:16 PM
May 2020
from school boy to caretaker
Mar 5, 5:58 PM

Jun 2007
Just picked this up. First ep was interesting. Are they going to treat the guy like shit the whole time though? I guess this is for people who like being dominated, heh. Kind of funny that she never actually asked him what he'd want as a reward, she just starts going to town on him. What if he were gay? Or she just wasn't his type? Also, imagine the outrage if the sexes were reversed. A girl gets chained up then gets forcefully kissed by a guy who was supposed to be protecting her, heh.

amlg said:
does this mean Kyouka had "lewd plays, if not seggs" with the "monsters" before?... HUH...

I was wondering that too. We're probably not supposed to think too hard about it lol

Also what was with the licking her finger bit? We saw her enslave one of the monsters; all she did was step on it.
Mar 20, 5:13 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So basically he's going to fight demons to get kisses, well he got his sisters killed by the demons so at least it's understandable for this aspect, animation was really meh so far and plot doesn't seem promising but we'll see :x
Mar 22, 6:47 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, suddenly the man got into another world and licked stranger girl hand and become strong as monster XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 3, 8:49 AM
Jun 2022
Yeah , Can't Wait To Drop This.

Apr 16, 2:58 PM
Aug 2020
they tried hard to destroy my eyes
this is terribly bad
Apr 17, 3:03 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to DedPanda
You know....having read the manga and actively keeping up with it compared to what I just saw in anime form....felt like two different atmospheres. I'm just here to see the "content" animated. Tenka getting the focus in the ED has me wondering just how far they plan to go with this. Also...funny how just like with Akame Ga Kill, they straight up supersize the boobs in the anime XD
@DedPanda I read the first few chapters and then watched the first episode of the anime next to eachother and it’s strikingly different. They try to add unnecessary extra drama like saving two kids, meeting all of the people and so on. They also remove some backstory that is necessary, the mc’s personality and actions are changed to be even wimpier and the females are less likable. It just dampens the entire thing a lot.

Then all the cgi for pretty much everything instead of just monsters.

The manga was decent due to the fanservice and super rapid pace, but the anime is just worse overall, not that either can be called good but I can close my eyes to all the story flaws in the manga since it just goes so fast and the fan service is such a big part, but that’s not the case for the anime that seems to take itself more seriously, reducing fan service and adding new, idiotic drama.

Seriously, there’s a difference between taking some liberties with the story and just plain creating a parallel story altogether.

This anime is yet another shitstain on the anime industry, truly gutter trash. Might be possible to have on in the background while doing other stuff but the manga, while also trash, is at least good trash that is worth wasting some time on. Feels like even japan is seeing a lot of influence from political correctness nowadays.
Apr 17, 6:30 AM

Aug 2013
Seregosa said:
@DedPanda I read the first few chapters and then watched the first episode of the anime next to eachother and it’s strikingly different. They try to add unnecessary extra drama like saving two kids, meeting all of the people and so on. They also remove some backstory that is necessary, the mc’s personality and actions are changed to be even wimpier and the females are less likable. It just dampens the entire thing a lot.

Then all the cgi for pretty much everything instead of just monsters.

The manga was decent due to the fanservice and super rapid pace, but the anime is just worse overall, not that either can be called good but I can close my eyes to all the story flaws in the manga since it just goes so fast and the fan service is such a big part, but that’s not the case for the anime that seems to take itself more seriously, reducing fan service and adding new, idiotic drama.

Seriously, there’s a difference between taking some liberties with the story and just plain creating a parallel story altogether.

This anime is yet another shitstain on the anime industry, truly gutter trash. Might be possible to have on in the background while doing other stuff but the manga, while also trash, is at least good trash that is worth wasting some time on. Feels like even japan is seeing a lot of influence from political correctness nowadays.

An excellent breakdown that details exactly bow I feel about the show as a whole.
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wait for the Blu-Rays?

mechian - Feb 25

16 by Nucleus69 »»
May 31, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15

69 by eskrimpanas »»
May 29, 10:10 PM

» Marketing Scheme

DarkHomieC - Feb 1

38 by SharonCollins »»
May 28, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite girl?

Shizuna - Mar 24

23 by Gator »»
May 23, 12:06 PM

» DxD ripoff

5hyguy - Feb 14

41 by Gator »»
May 23, 12:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.