Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 29, 2017 4:24 PM
Aug 2016
I used too. But after how garbage Fairy Tail got I started dropping anime/manga.
Mar 29, 2017 4:33 PM

Aug 2016
I used to. I even forced myself to finish "K". But Asterisk War was just too much. I couldnt go on and dropped it.
Mar 29, 2017 4:39 PM
Jan 2015
I do have the policy, and only dropped 1 show so far (Vampire Knight, couldn't take it anymore at the second season even hating it from the very first episode) but I think that's what the synopsis, ratings and genres exist for: If you can't find attractive by reading those 3 topics from the show, you just avoid it (common sense for me), thus, even if the show ends being crappy or not what I expected, I'll stick to my first impression (not first 'cause I gotta be sure there's something interesting on the show to start it, at the first place) and be loyal to my rule.

Sorry for the long reply, hope is clear.
Mar 29, 2017 4:39 PM

Aug 2016
I try to watch at least 1/4 of a series before dropping unless the runtime is over 50ish episodes. I almost dropped Cross Game after 5 or 6 episodes, but I'm sure glad I didn't, because it is now one of my favorites.

I don't think of anything on my dropped list as "permanently dropped" though. Who knows? You may wake up one day and be curious about a series months or even years after you drop it and want to watch another episode. Sure, watching another episode may just remind you of how much you detested the damn thing. But you might just surprise yourself and...finish it! For better or for worse.
Mar 29, 2017 5:17 PM
Dec 2013
I dropped quite some anime shows in the past and after large period of times I repicked some of them. Some were pure crap as I recalled and some others I consider them masterpieces now.

Sometimes we are not in the right mood to watch specific anime and because of that we don't appreciate nor enjoy what we could we enjoying otherwise.
Mar 29, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 2015
tenltd said:
I want to better understand the people who stick to their guns and never drop anime, because I'm the exact opposite. I have no problems whatsoever dropping a show after the first episode - sometimes earlier - if I didn't have something to latch onto. If you never drop shows, what are your reasons? If you hate a show from the beginning, how do you not just turn it off and go watch something else?

Yes, but it's mostly because I'm not the type to be able to drop it and if I do drop one someday it would take me really much effort just doing it :3
The anime needs care even the unwanted ones or their will be forgotten left alone to their fate -w-
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Sep 19, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2017
Long and proud no-dropper here!! Still after watching more than 150 animes and didn't drop anything because I dislike to don't finish something that I started!
NurguburuSep 19, 2017 10:52 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 19, 2017 11:37 AM

Jun 2016
Not really a no-drop policy I just haven't found anything so bad that I literally can't finish it.
Sep 19, 2017 5:56 PM
Feb 2017
No, why would I waste my time on watching something I don't like when there are tons of good animes to watch.
Sep 19, 2017 6:25 PM

Apr 2015
I don't. Not dropping anime is the key to winning an argument online
Sep 19, 2017 6:27 PM

Apr 2017
Same ol' same ol' Necroposting thread

Just look at my achievements DUH?..

Trying to Nitpick about utter crap advice tsk tsk tsk, Seems kinda blunt.

-HippySnob-Sep 19, 2017 6:32 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 19, 2017 6:42 PM

Apr 2017
Not having watched too many anime means i haven't drop anything, except for one, i just can't like it no matter what. (HandShaker)

I essentially only watched what i like, then if midway there is anime that got good reviews, i try it, but almost all of them please me.

So i normally dont drop shows
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 19, 2017 6:51 PM

Nov 2016
DISCLAIMER: I have 18 drops, but that was from a few years prior to getting MAL, and I have no desire to get back to them. Also, I only added shows to the drop list if I watched 3+ episodes of it. That means I just don't include a show if I made it 1-2 episodes in.

Besides that, I guess I do have a "no drop" rule to an extent, but I'm just really selective with what I watch to ensure that I like something enough to keep going with it. I don't want to "flood" my drop list with anything other than what's already there, so even if I'm not really feeling something I already started, I make an effort to power through it
Sep 19, 2017 6:51 PM
Jan 2015
Nope, I will generally drop anything that I find boring, unlikable, or stuff that I just lose interest in completing. I'm very selective when it comes to picking what to watch, so I generally don't drop stuff very often.

My Queens

Sep 19, 2017 6:54 PM

Nov 2016
Early in my anime watching life, I started Infinite Stratos.

It was ok. I was then told to watch the second season.

w o r s t d e c i s i o n i m m e d i a t e d r o p a f t e r f a n s e r v i c e

Sep 19, 2017 6:56 PM
Jun 2017
i'm somewhere in the middle, till more toward no drop though
it's really isn't that hard to understand really, they just pick their next anime really carefully
seasonal anime is almost alway out of the question for this
Sep 19, 2017 7:00 PM

Jul 2016
i dont drop much, i only put them on-hold... id like to finish a series as much as possible. but i remember when i watched 3 different anime i didn't continue watching them but i didn't drop them either. i just deleted them from my list LOL

Sep 19, 2017 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
i used to, but not anymore lol. i still have ton of stuff on my on-hold list that i should probs drop
Sep 19, 2017 7:03 PM
Mar 2017
Yeah, now a days I don't drop any anime I pick up
That's because I'm very careful with what I choose.
And as a result of that, I end up liking most of what I watch.
Sep 19, 2017 7:44 PM

Jan 2017
No, I don't have a "no drop" policy, I don't like forcing myself to watch something, if a show isn't good then I will drop it. I don't drop a lot of shows tho because I'm careful with what I choose to watch.
Sep 20, 2017 1:42 PM
Oct 2016
I like to give things a chance.
I couldn't get into Hetalia but after watching it more, it became my favorite anime and I couldn't get into Cose Geass until I was almost half way through.
Sep 20, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
I used to have, but Ranma 1/2 broke me
Sep 20, 2017 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
tenltd said:
1. I have no problems whatsoever dropping a show after the first episode - sometimes earlier - if I didn't have something to latch onto.
2. If you hate a show from the beginning, how do you not just turn it off and go watch something else?

1.i also drop shows after the first episode, but that is very rare, i tend to see the tags, poster, synopsis b4 watching it to give a better understanding of what to expect.

2. thats the problem with u OP, i personally dont hate anything. if its bad its bad and so far i dont think i have watched an anime to hate it.
Sep 20, 2017 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Erebus25 said:

I dropped Ranma 1/2 too!

The first Anime I ever dropped was "Maison Ikkoku." I also dropped "Urusei Yatsura." Rumiko Takahashi sucks.

Sep 20, 2017 1:56 PM
Aug 2011
Yes I do, because why should I drop anime when watching bad ones makes me appreciate the good or middle of the road anime better.
Sep 20, 2017 3:33 PM

Feb 2015
I used to. But not anymore. Not after suffering my way through Alexander Senki.

I still try not to though.
Sep 20, 2017 4:09 PM

Apr 2017
Nope.

What do you to with trash? You drop it in the trashcan
Sep 20, 2017 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
Aside from D.Gray-man which I intentionally dropped, everything else just kinda happened either because the show stopped airing on TV for whatever reason, I stopped trying to watch it on TV, and a few got soft dropped when I stopped using streaming sites and torrents.

Sep 20, 2017 4:52 PM

May 2016
Not gonna lie when I first started watching anime I had this stupid idea of riding out all anime till the end, I regret the time I have wasted when looking at my list all the time.
Sep 20, 2017 4:52 PM

Mar 2013
Like most people, I do not drop anime, I simply leave it on my backburner for years till I think, "Hey, I should really finish it", but never do.

Damn, I have a great deal to add to my list. Just realized School Rumble was not on there.
PeripheralVisionSep 20, 2017 4:58 PM
Sep 20, 2017 5:17 PM

Jul 2015
Yes, yes I do. My No Drop Policy is actually the third rule in my 3 Rules of Anime Watching (see my profile).

I'm usually careful in what I want to watch and in which order. So depending on the quality I may not watch some anime at all or place it On-Hold for another time until I see it as worth of my time (which can take months to years depending on my mood).

To determine dropability, I take into account the MAL scores and the MAL reviews & their scores. From there, I average out the scores then give them a rating from GOOD* to bad (Must Watch to Drop).
"Noblesse oblige, I pray for your continuing service as a savior." - Juiz
Mundum divit factum, atque pulchre. (The world is full of abundance and beauty.) - Re:CREATORS
My Candies (2023): Bonus Candies (2023):(2022): Bonus Candies (2022):

Sep 20, 2017 5:17 PM

Dec 2016
I feel really, really sorry for that strict no-drop-policy dude who starts watching something like One Piece and discovers in episode 5 that is absolutely hating the show. Good luck with that!

The world has more than enough martyrs for anime to give us more
Sep 20, 2017 5:50 PM

Apr 2017
i don't have this policy, but i usually enjoy shows enough to watch them to the end about 80% of the time. Though this would be different for some of you guys, i've only seen 70 anime. That means I still haven't seen a lot of what's considered good, so I usually stick with that.
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Sep 20, 2017 7:04 PM

Nov 2012
I dropped the Nodame Cantabile sequels because they weren't dubbed. I probably won't watch Mushishi S2 because there isn't a dub. ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 20, 2017 7:24 PM

Oct 2014
I used to force myself to finish shows but now I think that was dumb.

These days I drop most shows I start watching. My patience is very bad, I've even started watching shows at 1.5x speed and if the ending is really dragging on ill just skim through it.
Sep 20, 2017 7:32 PM

Jul 2017
I rarely drop shows. I usually only pick the one that i think I'd enjoy to watch. And I'm pretty good at it.
Sep 20, 2017 7:37 PM

Jul 2017
ive only dropped two shows and I don't plan on doing it again mainly because I don't like doing it. I'll put a show on hold until I feel like watching it again.
Sep 20, 2017 11:21 PM

Apr 2013
Seiya said:
Erebus25 said:

I dropped Ranma 1/2 too!

The first Anime I ever dropped was "Maison Ikkoku." I also dropped "Urusei Yatsura." Rumiko Takahashi sucks.

No argument there. I can also confirm for Kyoukai no Rinne. InuYasha is somewhat popular, but there is no way I'm watching it.
Sep 21, 2017 6:59 PM

Jul 2009
I don't like to leave things unfinished (in every aspect of my life, not just anime). So yeah, I won't drop a series.
Sep 22, 2017 12:36 AM

Sep 2017
I have a no drop policy. Copy pasting this from my profile.

I am a completionist and no matter how bad the anime is ill watch it until the end once I started it. The speed button in media players exists to prevent further predicaments of wasting more time for a bad anime. Speeding is better than being a hypocrite hating an anime they havent seen. Those baboons should never be taken seriously and will be in my ignore list.

So why dont I drop anime? It is really simple. The problem with the anime community is they talk about something they hate without watching it. Dropping anime is done by plebs but hating an anime without watching it are only done by people worse than plebs. So the next time I see a discussion where they say, "Oh I drop this anime because I hate it and I dont have any explanation why." then I will simply ignore that plebian way of thinking.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 22, 2017 1:14 AM

Aug 2014
nope, and i find it pretty silly if you do
Sep 22, 2017 1:37 AM

Aug 2017
Yes. Sometimes I regret about it, but mostly it helps me to find some hidden gems.
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Sep 22, 2017 2:18 AM

May 2015
Mamokaru said:
Yes. Sometimes I regret about it, but mostly it helps me to find some hidden gems.

How is that? Wouldn't a hidden gem be fairly good from the start?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 22, 2017 2:50 AM

Sep 2017
Nope I don't. I think it's silly to keep watching something you don't like, it's okay to drop a show you don't like.

Sep 22, 2017 6:16 AM

Aug 2017
@TheBrainintheJar Not always. Many good shows started off indifferently, but became great later.
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Sep 22, 2017 6:24 AM

Jun 2008
I drop shows then I don;t even remember ever watching it as I don't put it on my list. RIP.
Sep 22, 2017 10:11 AM

Oct 2012
I used to, but now I just watch shows I feel fairly confident I will enjoy. I don't watch a lot of anime nowadays, which makes it a bit easier.
Sep 22, 2017 10:17 AM
Aug 2017
I only drop something if it's extremely disturbing and offending by my standards . For example , i didn't drop Pupa , which is widely considered that way but i did drop the Euphoria hentai because i found no pleasure whatsoever watching it , on the contrary . I personally enjoyed every anime i have watched until now so i had no reason to drop any . Even if there will be one that i will not particularly like i still won't drop it because i try to see the good parts in every anime .
Sep 22, 2017 3:02 PM
Oct 2016
I have that "I aint gonna drop an anime no matter how fucking awful it is" rule in me. At worst, I'll put it on the "on-hold" section and rewatch it when I have the energy to do so.
Cerco un centro di gravita permanente. Che non mi faccia mai cambiare idea sulle cose sulla gente. Avrei bisogno di...
Sep 22, 2017 3:12 PM
Feb 2015
I think Digibro expressed my sentiments regarding the "No Drop Policy." Those who force themselves to watch a show to completion while not fully enjoying the consumption of its art are wasting their time. At least that's my personal opinion. If I am unable to enjoy and understand an anime then it would be an insult to myself and the director if I completed it just to slap it on my anime list as an accolade of "I made it through, hee-haw."
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - 3 hours ago

22 by MasterTasuke »»
18 seconds ago

Poll: » Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh! which one ruled your country? (& ur parents wallets)

solacez - 4 hours ago

16 by pk8list »»
50 seconds ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - May 30

54 by Nemo_Niemand »»
2 minutes ago

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

20 by alexw1020 »»
10 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 10 hours ago

17 by 8oomer »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.