Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 11, 2016 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
Not bad, but rather not my cup of tea. And I hope it won't turn into second Joker Game.
Also, I hate MC like this. I assume that the most hype is because of this and blood.
Nice art and animation.
rsc-plJul 11, 2016 10:59 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 11, 2016 11:39 AM

Sep 2015
Oh my god. AWESOME! Probably going to be the best series of the season. I hope it isn't as disappointing as the previous season.
Jul 11, 2016 11:52 AM

Jul 2007
megaload said:
Fai
alongside Thunderbolt Fantasy

Is OK that you like it but comparing Taiwanese puppet show (with Japanese dub) to anime title is like comparing apples to oranges.
Not to mention how strange is Thunderbolt Fantasy in relationship with the 91 Days totally traditional mafia stuff.

So you liked this apple and this orange but I don't get why you mention it here.

Just because one is puppet animation, does not mean its not anime. I know MAL thinks otherwise but that's just how it is for me.

And not apples to oranges - Thunderbolt Fantasy, Mob Psycho 100 and 91 Days so far are the only good shows this season.
Jul 11, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
Fai said:

Its nowhere near the level of Baccano as far as period works go, but so far this seems to have a lot of potential.

5/5

first episode of Baccano was trash though. this is off to a better start, we just have to see how it holds up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 12:40 PM

Nov 2015
Just like I expected, revenge, mafia and dark atmosphere. Good episode overall.

Jul 12, 2016 3:21 AM
Jul 2011
Fai
Just because one is puppet animation, does not mean its not anime.

It isn't puppet animation but glove puppetry.
Also Japanese script translated to Taiwanese, and back to Japanese then to English...with ancient Chinese setting.

But I got what you mean - no comparison.
Jul 12, 2016 3:54 AM

Mar 2016
Looking forward to watch the second episode. MC is badass af
Jul 12, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2015
Last time, anime, that not feeling like anime, was Shouwa Rakugo and Joker Game. I hope that 91 days will maintain same quality and will not use too much revenge theme. I had assumptions, that Nero will have a aura of bad character, and in the end will be revealed that he is a good guy. But he already has been shown as a good guy.
Jul 12, 2016 9:29 AM

May 2011
A fair exposition episode.

The setting is a nice breath of fresh air: at least, no highschool!
To situate it around the prohibition era is a nice touch, as it lures us with an exciting serie noire premise.
I sincerely hope it's not there only as flavour for it would waste a potentially unique series.

To have Avilo's backdrop come by pieces throughout the anime would have been preferable, as the current instance give away his character too fast. I can't fully sympathize with his situation if the motive to his aloofness is rushed in one single episode. Slowly established intimacy between the protagonist and spectator, that's the way to go...
Fango bursting in provides a zany touch which swing the episode in a more action-oriented direction, it was welcomed to break the tension caused by helplessness of the MC's backdrop. I appreciated the ending resolution, even though the writers could have checked their facts: paraffine explodes with saltpetre, not water.

Art-wise, the title is uneven: chara-design is rather generic. It mustn't be too difficult to animate, yet I found Testa's death scene to be really strange. It's as if animators had no clue how to apply properly storyboard. Vincent is assaulted by knife, and yet his two henchmen seem to wait for their turn to act. It particularly feels unnatural at screen. Animation's a little jerky at times, but apart from that, it's decent. Background art provide a welcomed fantasy touch which takes us back to the past: I particularly appreciated it despite the fact the outdoors location somewhat look like theater sets. I guess that's the effect I get when BG art is too crisp and geometrically rendered. On the other hand, indoors parts are beyond reproach. It's particularly true for the seedy apartment Avilo lives in.

That's about it; I can't tell much besides this first impression.
sorceryJul 12, 2016 9:47 AM
Jul 12, 2016 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
it's been so long i watched and enjoyed good anime with Mafia/Gang world themes since Baccano and Black Lagoon , i know there was Gangsta. in 2015 but they really fucked it up in some last episodes, so i really put a big expectation on this one....

For first episode, one of the best for this season, can't really wait what happen in next episode..
Jul 12, 2016 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
I enjoyed it and like it so far. it was an interesting episode in characters too although i thought it was a little bit generic with the start. one family and their father has a connection with some mafia. with various reasons, the mafia betrayed him and killed him and his family too but there was one survivor, and always it's the children. i think it's gereric, but regardless of that, i enjoyed this episode alot. the action looks entertaining too. and somehow i was getting Baccano's vibe :D

looking foward for the next episode.
Jul 12, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2009
Very nice episode, I am also getting the Joker vibes, but I want it to keep getting better, not going downhill like some Joker's episodes...
I want to see his revenge so bad!
Jul 12, 2016 6:23 PM

Oct 2008
I don't even understand a bit of this episode...
but at least the Source: Original so this would be spoiler-free of those MAL forumers show always wants to spoil the fun.
3/5.

Jul 13, 2016 1:33 AM
Jan 2016
Parts of this was idiotic. I like it and all, but there's just enough cringe from making me drop it. -_-
Jul 13, 2016 5:35 AM

Jun 2013
Really dark opening. I prefer these kinds of shows now over regurgitated shounen, shoujo, action, adventure, stupid high school/romance drama, annoying tiny voices of female characters with their disproportionate bodies and humongous tits. We need more serious Anime series like this.

IMO, this screams AOTS for me. It's probably my AOTS for now, everything else pales in comparison, even my beloved D.Grayman Hollow, ReLife, Orange and Mob Psycho 100, etc. are second best at this point.

I want to see how he's going to kill Nero and the other Vanettis.
臭い-
Jul 13, 2016 8:17 AM

Jul 2016
Bibimbapski said:
Really dark opening. I prefer these kinds of shows now over regurgitated shounen, shoujo, action, adventure, stupid high school/romance drama, annoying tiny voices of female characters with their disproportionate bodies and humongous tits. We need more serious Anime series like this.

IMO, this screams AOTS for me. It's probably my AOTS for now, everything else pales in comparison, even my beloved D.Grayman Hollow, ReLife, Orange and Mob Psycho 100, etc. are second best at this point.

I want to see how he's going to kill Nero and the other Vanettis.

Agreed this anime feels fresh. So tired of the same old highschool bs, waifu bait, bad Shounen's, ecchi, "cute" girls and boys etc.

Finally a more mature anime again, really hope they can keep the quality up.
Jul 13, 2016 10:29 AM

Jan 2009
their names are fucking ridicolous if you know what they mean in italian
Jul 13, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2015
Really good first episode.
Had low expectations and got surprised.
The MC's past is pretty dark.
Animation and OST is over general,

Comprising a very good first episode.

5/5
Jul 13, 2016 12:57 PM

Jun 2012
A hardcore show not set in high school but instead 1920's Murica. WIN! The music and art is definitely a high point for me. The plot synopsis also seems interesting, interesting in a potentially "epic" way. Sure the series could go to shit, but I am getting a good vibe from this show already, we could be looking at a classic in the making here. Time will tell.
Jul 13, 2016 5:42 PM
Feb 2016
MINMAY- said:

I've seen several comments pointing out the same thing, but I don't know Italian, so I'm curious what exactly they mean.
KolmeDGJul 13, 2016 5:49 PM
Jul 13, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2009
KolmeDG said:
MINMAY- said:

I've seen several comments pointing out the same thing, but I don't know Italian, so I'm curious what exactly they mean.

fango=mud
cerotto=band-aid
granchio=crab
serpente=snake
nero=black
corteo=parade
luce=light
Jul 13, 2016 10:05 PM
Feb 2016
MINMAY- said:
KolmeDG said:

fango=mud
cerotto=band-aid
granchio=crab
serpente=snake
nero=black
corteo=parade
luce=light

Grazie mille!
Now I understand it's funny, especially Cerotto, but can't some of them used as a person's name, like Nero or Luce? Is it unusual?
Jul 14, 2016 4:23 AM

Jan 2009
KolmeDG said:
MINMAY- said:

fango=mud
cerotto=band-aid
granchio=crab
serpente=snake
nero=black
corteo=parade
luce=light

Grazie mille!
Now I understand it's funny, especially Cerotto, but can't some of them used as a person's name, like Nero or Luce? Is it unusual?

yeah when i heard cerotto i facepalmed so hard
no lmao... for an example, have you ever met an american person called black?
Jul 14, 2016 4:30 AM
Feb 2016
MINMAY- said:
KolmeDG said:

Grazie mille!

yeah when i heard cerotto i facepalmed so hard
no lmao... for an example, have you ever met an american person called black?

You're right. No. Just Mr. Brown as a family name or Midori (meaning Green) as a Japanese first name. Actually, there is also Hikari (meaning light) as a first name in Japan. May be they decided the characters' name with Japanese sense... Even so, Cerotto isn't understandable!
Jul 14, 2016 5:47 AM

Mar 2009
CyberAnimeLover said:
ButtSlapper said:
amazing milf ass in the beginning

HOLY SHIT MAN I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED DAT DAYUMMM SONNNNNNNN I'M NOT ALOOOOOONEEEEEEEEE DAT ASSS WAS REVOLUTIONARYY

RIP that ass. T__T

This was excellent. The best premiere of the season, alongside Mob Psycho 100 and sweetness & lightning. I hope it continues to be this good. Feels like a Hollywood mafia revenge story. I could probably show this anime to my family and they'd like it.
Jul 14, 2016 6:05 AM

Jan 2011
the names... its like vento aureo all over again. im not a fan of mafia settings because they are never accurate and they tend to make it look like something cool while mafia is not cool at all... anyway, fiction is fiction... and this episode was good.

corteo might be one of my faves, i'm glad souma is voicing him! :)
Jul 14, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2016
Mormegil said:
CyberAnimeLover said:

HOLY SHIT MAN I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED DAT DAYUMMM SONNNNNNNN I'M NOT ALOOOOOONEEEEEEEEE DAT ASSS WAS REVOLUTIONARYY

RIP that ass. T__T

This was excellent. The best premiere of the season, alongside Mob Psycho 100 and sweetness & lightning. I hope it continues to be this good. Feels like a Hollywood mafia revenge story. I could probably show this anime to my family and they'd like it.

Yeah this definitely seems like one of those anime that you can even show people who might not be fans of the medium.
Jul 14, 2016 12:55 PM

Jun 2016
This was good. Not amazing, but definitely something that has potential. Solid plot definitely, visually appealing, good action, and the characters were pretty believable and empathizable. Although I'm not a huge fan of the MC being cold/robotic but hopefully other characters will make up for it (hopefully some female characters too cause they're all dead). The gang war kind of plot will get boring after some time and excess violence might be a turn off the more it progresses, so I'm hoping the creators could change some things up and add some nice secondary plotlines.
Jul 14, 2016 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
The whole thing came off as a lot more playful than I expected. Hope it can keep it up.
Jul 14, 2016 10:21 PM

Jul 2013
Its cool and gives Baccano vibes. I liked the start. I only hope it won't follow all the cliches I can se upcoming.
Jul 15, 2016 6:18 AM
May 2014
I was a bit too hyped for this but I'm feeling kinda taken aback by how they played it out. I'm really scared that this is going to be one of those really shallow revenge plot lines (although that's generally the story but I'm saying that I hope they'll not make it "your ordinary revenge anime".)

I was REALLY glad that they decided not to add some overly dramatic opening and ending with some lively music! It would ruin the "feel" and atmosphere the anime should set with the specific plot and time it has. I was soo relieved and both OP and ED were pretty cool in my opinion.

The characters looked promising and the art style... it was good but I don't know if it suits the whole theme or something. Then again, who knows.

I'll be checking it out for sure. But in really scared cause I'm pretty strict with the whole gangster thing and I don't want them to blow it up. Hope it'll turn out good.
Also- do we have any information about the episodes? (Certinaly not 91 I hope)
Jul 15, 2016 6:21 AM
May 2014
franciu said:
im not a fan of mafia settings because they are never accurate

^^
This. I'm afraid they're going to mess it up like MANNYYYY others and it will just be painful
Jul 15, 2016 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
OMG Nero is SO CUTE

MC pls dont kill him, i know you salty but still

#MakeLoveNotWar
Jul 15, 2016 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
WOW what a good first episode!! I'm sticking with this anime only from this season.
Jul 15, 2016 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
Has potential to be amazing or just plan terrible...there's no inbetween.

Mafia theme, revenge plot? Sounds like my kind of show. Overall great first episode, hopefully this keeps up.
Jul 15, 2016 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome mafia concept. The animation is looking much more stellar than DRRR S2 already, meaning Shuka's stepped up their game a bit.
Jul 15, 2016 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
Going to put this out there, Nero looks like Isaac Dian from Baccano!
Jul 15, 2016 7:24 PM

Jan 2016
now this is what I was looking for, glad crunchy roll was like "91 days and orange exclusive to us" cause **** orange
sorry, of track, like im expecting some trains to be in here #gangs
the moment i saw that delicious grin from angelo <3
bootlegging? what could go wrong? oh wait, plot #brothers #sciencebitch
hahahaha, that kid got lit
saved a life of some high rank dude, plus is an asset to his business? #hype

Jul 16, 2016 10:48 PM
Sep 2014
I saw "mafia" and "revenge" in the synopsis so I proceeded on watching it. Probably the reason why I was surprised on who Nero was and the possibility of Angelo being a traitor in the future.

I was surprised when the credits showed up by the middle of the episode. It gives the episode a movie vibe.

Hopefully it'll keep getting better and better.
Jul 17, 2016 5:24 PM

May 2013
A very unique anime! I love the mafia vibe, look forward to more episodes
Jul 18, 2016 3:53 AM

Jan 2014
It's weird how a girl like me loves dark anime. Baccano, Kekkai Sensen, now this...I loved the Prohibition era when we studied it at school, and that only feeds into my love of this anime and its characters.
Jul 19, 2016 3:43 AM

Jul 2008
Very solid character driven show so far. Seems like this will be a classic revenge show though.
Jul 19, 2016 4:51 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
That music <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Jul 21, 2016 5:44 AM

Jul 2013
Rlly good opening ep. Feels like something fresh, for me anyway. I haven't seen Baccano yet.
Jul 23, 2016 8:06 AM
Mar 2012
That cinematic feel. Art ok, not as good as production ig.
Violence portrayal surprisingly real, not the slowmo anime style.
Funny bar fight.
Confused where Vincent & Nero belonged to (they said not Orco family).
Jul 23, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
The episode was interesting, but what really stood out to me was the music.
Jul 23, 2016 1:03 PM
Jun 2016
meeeeh it was okey I dont get hype.. Ill keep watching... maybe I will drop...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2016 4:00 PM
Mar 2016
Really great episode and an amazing start to the show. There are a few inconsistencies in the art style but I'm really liking the dark and grim tones of the story so far.
Jul 23, 2016 5:16 PM
Mar 2016
So I watched the first ep and am a bit confused. The man who killed Angelo's parents is Nero correct? and Nero isn't aware that he is the kid he failed to kill. Right?

Jul 25, 2016 4:39 AM

Oct 2015
the episode was pretty about how the guy is plotting revenge against those thugs who murdered his family, not much to tell so far
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

450 by iamnameers »»
Jun 9, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

184 by iamnameers »»
Jun 9, 4:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

214 by iamnameers »»
Jun 9, 4:19 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

211 by iamnameers »»
Jun 9, 3:45 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

175 by iamnameers »»
Jun 9, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.