Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 5, 2016 8:51 PM

Oct 2011
Love the Op song !!!!
Apr 5, 2016 9:29 PM

Jun 2015
I read the manga so nothing really surprised me. However, I really like the voice actors, I normally don't pay attention to that stuff but I really liked them this time.
Apr 5, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
why do harem animes follow the infinite stratos route. They're all the same...
Apr 5, 2016 9:31 PM

Mar 2013
My guilty pleasure of the season.

I like the OP at least

I don't think a guy would suddenly suck a guy's finger no matter how close they are .-.
Apr 5, 2016 10:01 PM

Apr 2011
rongabiola said:

How narrow minded you are. Not at all harem animes are like that.

They all look the same because you don't see the difference.
Apr 5, 2016 10:14 PM

Jan 2016
Magito said:
rongabiola said:

I see the difference but I just felt that the similarities are too uncanny.

You already know the typical harem elements. I know some harem animes that do not follow the infinite stratos route. In my opinion I just don't like it when it is always the usual.
Apr 5, 2016 10:29 PM
Nov 2015
Magito said:
rongabiola said:

Most harems like this one sure are, Infinite Stratos wasn't even a good harem a show for its own genre so idk why they are trying to copy it so much.
Apr 5, 2016 11:33 PM
Jul 2011
Really, Hayato should be relieved if Emile is actually a female.
Just look at Hayato's face when he was told Emile is a male for first time, in his head I think he might have felt really disturbed.

And during their practice match, Emile saying to Hayato he doesn't want to be stared.
That rather implies strongly Emile himself that he is really Ga.... for Hayato.

As far as I can see, I have not heard about a country where a male pushes down an another male to the ground and hug to greet a fellow student.
Apr 5, 2016 11:43 PM

Jan 2014
I know mal does not like harems that much , but got damn a 6.67 on the first episode? Usually something like this wouldn't get a score like that till it finished airing. I assumed this would get like a 7.30, then slowly go down in ratting each week...but

U guys are savage af. It's decent tbh.
Apr 5, 2016 11:53 PM

Apr 2009
DoctorWasabi said:
I know mal does not like harems that much , but got damn a 6.67 on the first episode? Usually something like this wouldn't get a score like that till it finished airing. I assumed this would get like a 7.30, then slowly go down in ratting each week...but

U guys are savage af. It's decent tbh.

If people would use the rating system like it is intended most of these shows would have an average rating below 4.0...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 6, 2016 12:29 AM
Apr 2016
This show is not only a just an empowerment fantasy or wish-fulfilment shows, it fails at that since how are people suppose to fap when the main girl is a cross dressing gay dude.
Apr 6, 2016 2:41 AM

Oct 2013
StupidityKiller said:
Magito said:

Most harems like this one sure are, Infinite Stratos wasn't even a good harem a show for its own genre so idk why they are trying to copy it so much.

$$$, dear boy. For some reason IS averaged over 33k sales per volume, and really started the flood of awful LN battle harem adaptations.
MayjaplayaApr 6, 2016 3:20 AM
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Apr 6, 2016 3:27 AM

Nov 2015
W8 next ep guys:) Romance starts:)
Apr 6, 2016 6:59 AM

Nov 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
The moment when the people complaining about generic ecchi/harems are more generic than the actual series. People please, calm the fuck down. If you are complaining about it then why in the freaking heck would you watch it? No offense, but I'm just saying. Not defending the series either considering I just watch it for my self indulgence reasons.

But other than that the episode was cliche and generic, but at least it was entertaining from my stance of course.

Exactly. Could not have said it better.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 6, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2013
Barcia said:
Well I need my seasonal copy pasted harem anime to watch when I want to chill so I guess it's fine

Ikr? I usually just try to pick the best out of the bunch while ignoring the rest. Fall had Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, so hoping for something similar from this.

Apr 6, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2014
Ah, the seasonal harem. Can't miss that.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 6, 2016 9:53 AM

Aug 2011
Lolimancer said:
Boy I can't quite put my finger on it but I feel like I've seen this exact set up before. Well shit, I'll have to just venture through my list to find out what is giving me this sense of déjà vu!

Seriously though I'm gonna enjoy this seasonal battle harem like I always do.

Yep! Like WE always do.
Apr 6, 2016 10:00 AM

Jun 2013
well it's not really that bad apperently people love this kind of anime
Apr 6, 2016 12:30 PM

Oct 2014
i honestly started to watch it, but it reminded me too much of freezing without the boobs (no really, go ahead and watch the first ep of freezing then this, they're literally the same)

i might give it a try later on but as for now, i just couldn't get into it
Apr 6, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2014
Seasonal boobs and battles, that is all.
Apr 6, 2016 4:53 PM

May 2012
Good episode. Crossdressing silver haired girl is so cute. I can't wait to see the fight against the queen in next episode.

Also, haters here call it generic and yet they still watch it !? I watch action harem anime in every season and I never got bored.
thepathApr 6, 2016 5:06 PM
Apr 6, 2016 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
Holy SHIT, that pussy was loose. Didn't even have the decency to give us the battle.

So far everything went as I predicted it.

Traumatic memories
Instant popularity
Intervention by sidekick/protagonist for leniency on others
Academy's "strongest" challenging the protagonist
Child(like) scientist
Samurai/sword configuration
Walking in on his new "roommate"
Obvious reverse trap
Sickly little sister

Jesus, I must be fucking psychic. The only thing good about this episode honestly was the decent closing of the the traumatic sequence. I'm quite sure we will never ever get into where these "savages" came from or even the actual part where they'll graduate and become more than just useless tropes in a school. Part of me is saying the most we'll get from the antagonist race is an interruption of the battle in which, Hayato (I'm surprised I remembered his name) will more or less fight the monster (almost) single highhandedly and be considered the de facto "best" because he's the main character.

TheLittleRedHero said:
The moment when the people complaining about generic ecchi/harems are more generic than the actual series. People please, calm the fuck down. If you are complaining about it then why in the freaking heck would you watch it? No offense, but I'm just saying. Not defending the series either considering I just watch it for my self indulgence reasons.

But other than that the episode was cliche and generic, but at least it was entertaining from my stance of course.

That's simple: the vain hope that there may be something worthwhile and can be taken somewhat serious in an on-paper cliche. Or we don't have anything else to watch and sadly find ourselves letdown on the most base (basement dweller) needs.
QWERTYFish25Apr 6, 2016 7:23 PM
Apr 6, 2016 10:08 PM
Jul 2011
Emile's confidence of challenging Clarie without holding anything back, knowing Hayato's talent he definitely trusts Hayato will become his personal strongest number 1 Anti-Savage warrior, his most trust-worthy strongest Slayer someday.

Hayato kissing on Karen's forehead, I have a bad feeling about this.
Of course not about Hayato, but Karen.

And this Hayato's trouble of his, it happened to be because of he aced the tests.
Hayato did good on his tests, and to be caught into this grave situation of being expelled because of to have fans because of his good score and Emile becoming a nice guy for Hayato's fans from Claire's harsh judgement.
But then again, this is actually Hayato's destiny, already started his harsh road of becoming the protector after all.

Emile might have his own females fans too later on.
His actions did helped those two female students in this episode after all.

About Claire, I wonder if her character is something like Akaba Reiji from Yugioh Arc-V.
Her toughness, being a Student Council President, to have a title to be called Queen.
Very powerful, however.
Knowing this series genre, I worry if Claire's image to people around her might be crumbled in a few episodes, including me.
Apr 6, 2016 10:27 PM

Jun 2014
Hey you can't fool me I've already read infinite stratos not falling into that trap again
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
Apr 7, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2015
It was going well... I mean it was OK...ish... until...

It's time to d-d-d-d-duel!

Please... another one like this? I don't know if I'm going to watch this.

MC looks generic. Incredibly generic. I guess you can't get a more generic MC like that one. And it was obvious his weapon was going to be a sword. It's always a sword...

BTW what's up with Emil? Really.

2/5
Twintail_NamiApr 7, 2016 7:36 AM
Apr 7, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2015
So generic, only liked the opening.......
Apr 7, 2016 9:41 AM
Nov 2009
There is shows like this that makes me suspect there is just that one guy somewhere writing all of this because he can't improve if so his life depended on it.
Becuase i find it hard to believe that there are more then two authors out there that has a jobb that are this bad att writing harem stories o-o
Apr 7, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
As crazy generic as it was, it had its moments, didn't put me to sleep so that's a good sign.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 7, 2016 12:19 PM
Mar 2016
Driugen said:
Whoahoho said:
Is Emile Crossfode a guy in a girls voice of a girl who cross-dress as a guy?

Nah she's just a version of Charlotte Dunois who has been promoted to main girl.

Oh I see, so it kinda looks like another IS, but it is not. Btw how good is IS?
Apr 7, 2016 1:28 PM

Dec 2012
Generic but I will watch it like all the seasons. Emily is clearly a girl ^^
Apr 7, 2016 2:19 PM
Dec 2015
Whoahoho said:
Driugen said:

Nah she's just a version of Charlotte Dunois who has been promoted to main girl.

Oh I see, so it kinda looks like another IS, but it is not. Btw how good is IS?

I can appreciate IS for what it is. It is neither terrible or good, but it has its moments. Usually when Charlotte or Laura get a chance to shine. But in the end it suffers because Ichika is a horribly dense MC.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Apr 7, 2016 3:14 PM

Jul 2015
This is your typical harem/school/supernatural anime. Nothing new here. However, me personally, I find these type of anime quite entertaining and intriguing so I look forward to this anime, hoping that it won't disappoint as much as all the other ones of this genre.

caught in the wonder
Apr 7, 2016 4:09 PM

Jun 2012
This is better than most of the harems in the Fall and Winter seasons.
Apr 7, 2016 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
Silvir said:
There is shows like this that makes me suspect there is just that one guy somewhere writing all of this because he can't improve if so his life depended on it.
Becuase i find it hard to believe that there are more then two authors out there that has a jobb that are this bad att writing harem stories o-o
As much as people brag about being unique. But in striving to be such we pretty much have a subconscious desire to be accepted by the whole.

I have a theory that a portion staff to these projects simply do this as a form of a cash cow in the hopes of it making their names visible and then, truly move on to their potential. For now they stick to what has been proven to being in cash. Like sitcoms in the 80s, talk shows in the 90s, and reality TVs shows now.
Apr 8, 2016 4:32 AM

Aug 2013
That was a bit of a cliche setting as usual.. sorry, a bit was an understatement.
Every time I watch this scene play out, it makes me wonder is dueling seriously the only way to go..?
The art and animation is of the better side, so I will look forward to see the action.
However, the mc is like a walking puppet.. that turns down my appetite.
Erhmm... are they blind or am I the only one seeing those chests.
Imouto for the win woohoo. xD
Apr 8, 2016 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
StupidityKiller said:
Magito said:

Infinite stratos sold more than any other harem show. Nearly 30K sales for season 1.
You should get the picture.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Apr 8, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
I swear this is like every like all the battle harem anime all crumbled into one giant mess.

I picked this up for Ookubo Rumi.
Apr 9, 2016 1:07 AM

Mar 2009
Kinneas24 said:
Just watched the opening. Already dropped.

I laughed at this. That about sums up this show.
Apr 9, 2016 3:01 AM

Jan 2011
Mormegil said:
Kinneas24 said:

Mormegil said:
Kinneas24 said:

Just sat through the opening. That was absolutely awful. Like seriously, it almost felt like a 2007 AMV. I feel nauseous...really, I do.
Apr 9, 2016 7:21 AM

Apr 2009
ridley388 said:
It was going well... I mean it was OK...ish... until...

It's time to d-d-d-d-duel!

Please... another one like this? I don't know if I'm going to watch this.

MC looks generic. Incredibly generic. I guess you can't get a more generic MC like that one. And it was obvious his weapon was going to be a sword. It's always a sword...

BTW what's up with Emil? Really.

2/5
*points his finger at Claire and Emile* the both you should be tied up in a 152mm cannon of the Omaha-class cruiser and DIE!
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 9, 2016 9:33 AM
Mar 2012
mc copy of a show I can't recall.
Aircraft carrier city looks cool. Nice OP. Pre OP gore made it a bit different.
Emile seems interesting. She boku I so confused for half episode sure she's a she but bokuboku...u can't trick yourself into a guy....
Pres shows 0 personality, maybe worse than an annoying tsun blonde twintail.
Nunnally/Ayumi imouto is here.
Apr 9, 2016 11:12 AM

Apr 2015
Hmm girl or boy? XD
Apr 9, 2016 2:22 PM
Feb 2009
I don't really care that this anime is your "typical harem action type". I'm fine with that.
The only thing I don't really like is always having the same ridiculous reason to have a duel. Just to show us how great the MC is !

Usually, the protagonist enters on the girl changing and DUEL. But don't worry in this anime everything is different ! The protagonist will not be expelled but two random girls and a trap girl will ! Because, you know, they arrived late to a MEETING !

In this world, only some people can use the Hundred. But don't worry, we can expel them if they are late for one second. Make sense.
So, out of nowhere, the Queen (the best fighter) say : "Let's have a duel in order to decide if they are expelled or not". The BEST FIGHTER is aking to DUEL someone who has still not received/or used its Hundred. Make sense.

I don't mind having a reason for an early fight but if the MC (with an afternoon of trainning) is already fighting the strongest person of the school in the second episode, what's left ?

(oh and don't worry the changing scene happens, of course)

(also, I don't really see why people are asking if Emile is a girl or a boy, it's obvious she is a girl... She has long hair, thin thights, boobs, asked to be called Emile (instead of Emie probably), embarassed when wearing a thight suit, using her towel to hide her chest...).
Apr 9, 2016 8:42 PM

Jan 2008
Hilarious how generic this is.

The only redeeming thing so far is there is multiple lolis.

Can't believe how bad it is of them trying to hide Emiles gender when it's so obvious, every ad image of the show shows her boobs and the character designs. Though I feel hiding her gender won't even be relevant after a few episodes.
Apr 10, 2016 1:12 AM

Jun 2014
That Intro reminds me of Black Bullet, only without a girl and old dude replaced with ninjas("hundred" users).

Why call those suits "Hundred"? Why not call it ten thousand? And change the activation command to "It's over 9000!!!"
SpectererApr 10, 2016 2:44 AM
*Facepalm*
Apr 10, 2016 4:13 AM
Apr 2016
I was quite surprised at just how much I enjoyed the first episode of this ^^

I'm definitely gonna stick with it as I'm thinking it's a pretty cool new watch all in all ^^
Apr 10, 2016 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
Why the fuck did they decide to reboot Infinite Stratos?
Apr 10, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
Tsumugu_Chisaki said:
I was quite surprised at just how much I enjoyed the first episode of this ^^

I'm definitely gonna stick with it as I'm thinking it's a pretty cool new watch all in all ^^

Well, to be fair, your score every anime like this a 10/10, so why be surprised?

Why would you be surprised at liking something when you think 20% of all anime is 10/10 and like another 30% is 9/10?
ThatDarnIrishManApr 10, 2016 1:02 PM
Apr 10, 2016 8:10 PM

Jul 2015
so i'm guessing that claire loses to ichika in the upcoming duel, and tries to marry him.
Apr 11, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2015
The overall plot setting looks similar. On the other hand there are some original plot e.g. there is no MC-seeing-naked-girl situation and the duel isn't caused by it like in Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (this one sucks*) or Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (this one is cool but not great). The school onboard the big ship is something new at least for me.

I will give this anime a shot. It may remain similar to Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry in terms of rating or go bad just like third season of High School DxD but at least it isn't dumb and full of plot holes like Asterisk War*.

*Sorry, if I offended any Asterisk fans.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hundred Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

133 by hyptocalus »»
May 31, 5:29 AM

» heard a rumor they might announce a season 2 this October

audac1ous - Mar 6, 2018

9 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 9, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

151 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

66 by Foreall908 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:51 PM

Poll: » Hundred Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2016

78 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 22, 2023 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.