Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
Now i know, why Bulat was called Aniki only in anime...
Aug 25, 2014 12:02 AM

Jan 2013
Good ep
Aug 25, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
One thing for sure is the author isn't afraid to kill off characters which is a plus considering most shounen authors are afraid to kill (seemingly) main characters.

Many people complained that these deaths aren't emotional enough and I agree but mostly because I don't think that's why they are killed off. Sure it affects the Night Raid members a lot but as a viewer, I see these deaths as just part of the story to move it forward more so than sentimental/emotional value.

Yay for Kurome though, another sadistic loli that would compliment Mine well.
Aug 25, 2014 12:32 AM

Feb 2013
The episode felt like it lasted 10 minutes. I really like where the series is headed so far.
Aug 25, 2014 1:05 AM

Jul 2010
The show is getting better, but they still had to throw in the cliche evil twin bullshit at the end of the episode.
Aug 25, 2014 1:06 AM

Jul 2013
I'm sure somebody already made the comparison but damn I had a major sad memories from that fateful Gurren Lagann episode

[MAJOR GURREN LAGANN SPOILERS AHEAD, if for some reason you haven't watched it then PLEASE GO WATCH IT. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. DON'T READ AHEAD. if you watch 2 episodes and don't like it message me and I'll pay-pal you $5 for wasting your time]

The rain, the fight scene, the unfair fatal strike... the fact that literally Bulat and Kamina have the same voice actor... the fact that Simon/Tatsumi rejoiced when seeing him still standing and the despair when he finally succumbed to his injuries, the fact that Aniki refused to die until he knew his little bro was okay... Damn man I'm really sad. Like i thought Sheele's death was gonna be the saddest moment this season but I didn't think they would go ahead and kill Kami- Bulat next... Still not as emotional as Kamina's death but it's definitely up there. Dammnit NOT EVEN KAMINA'S REINCARNATION COULD SURVIVE PAST THE HALFWAY POINT :(
Sigh.. hopefully Tatsumi will not go into depression like Simon (and me) and hopefully Akame will not grow up to be an old teacher with no husband, but judging from how ballsy this is regarding to it's main characters I wouldn't hold my breath :( at least my 2 favorite characters are out of the way so it cant get any worse.. i hoPE.

Still though this series is bloody amazing in every way, can't wait for whats next. Is it just me or has this season of anime been absolutely incredible?
Legal_LatinoAug 25, 2014 1:19 AM
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Aug 25, 2014 1:09 AM

Sep 2012
Not sure if this has been answered yet on a previous page, but is General Liver's voice actor the same as Alucard from Hellsing? They sound really similar, and I loved his voice acting in that series, it was one of the highlights of that show for me.

Now as far as the episode goes, too bad Bulat died, he was one of my favorite characters lol. I do like the theme of how they introduce the next antagonists at the end of episodes to set up the next ones. Will be looking forward to seeing what is in store!
"If you hire a sell-sword, you'd better watch your back. Hire me, and I'll watch it for you."
-Kazandu Blademaster
Aug 25, 2014 1:27 AM

Jul 2014
Bulat was the Kamina of this series. ;-;
Aug 25, 2014 2:40 AM

Jul 2013
that incursio transformation scene was like WOOAHH.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 25, 2014 2:44 AM

Apr 2013
Very very excited for the next episode ^.^
Aug 25, 2014 2:45 AM

Jun 2013
Nooooooo Broooooooooooo!

Still want to see Esdeath love story
Aug 25, 2014 2:45 AM

Apr 2008
MEsoJD said:
The show is getting better, but they still had to throw in the cliche evil twin bullshit at the end of the episode.

She's not a twin. Just a sister
Aug 25, 2014 2:47 AM

Jul 2012
I just really hope that they are not planning on making this a every second episode or so deal.

Don't like when they kill of characters so fast in a series.
Aug 25, 2014 2:48 AM

Jun 2014
Bulat no :(
Aug 25, 2014 3:00 AM

Jul 2012
I cried with Tatsumi... Why aniki why T.T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2013
Oo Bulat :(. RIP Aniki... The fight between Liver and Bulat was amazing to bad that Liver used cheap tricks to kill Bulat. WoW Tatsumi wore Incursio and he was freaking badass. He really obliterated his opponent. Now was that girl Akame's sister they really looked alike. Let's see how things will go...
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Aug 25, 2014 4:14 AM

Apr 2009
I feel like droping this. Bulat was the sexies and coolest characher. WHY WHHHYYYY
Aug 25, 2014 4:26 AM

Feb 2011
So does this mean that the remaining 16 episodes are WITHOUT Bulat... welp, no point in going further. Might as well drop it now.
Aug 25, 2014 4:49 AM

Mar 2012
Welp, it was already bad with Bulat and now with his absence nothing remains.
Aug 25, 2014 4:50 AM

Apr 2008
So many defeatists after Bulat's death. It's hilarious
Aug 25, 2014 4:53 AM

Apr 2014
Bulat's death is nothing compared to errhhmm..

Aug 25, 2014 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
Goodbye Aniki :( I don''t know you well but you were a nice character.

So I guess that Kurome's the person Akame really wants to kill eh? Sitting on a mountain of bodies while eating...I don't blame Akame for wanting her dead.

My M switch flips on whenever Esdeath is on-screen. This is weird.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 25, 2014 5:28 AM

Mar 2010
hivekiller said:

Please tell me that
dies
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Aug 25, 2014 5:39 AM

Feb 2014
WhisperBit said:
hivekiller said:

Please tell me that
dies

Anyways, this episode was kind of a let-down compared to last week. Rest in peace Bulat, you're one of only three characters of this show that I cared about in the first place. Also looks that after the somewhat decent Liver died, we'll probably be back to the usual psychopaths soon. Ugh, what a pain...
Aug 25, 2014 5:45 AM

Feb 2012
So. Much. Talking. During. The. Fight. Scenes. It's like watching a Jackie Chan movie being constantly narrated by that annoying fan. And it doesn't help that the fights are nowhere near as entertaining as a Jackie Chan film.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Aug 25, 2014 6:03 AM

Jan 2010
Certainly did not have the same impact in the manga, but the moments of struggle were good, the best shounen battle today, no doubt.

And Bulat = Zack
Tatsumi = Cloud (?)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Aug 25, 2014 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
WillKamio said:
Certainly did not have the same impact in the manga, but the moments of struggle were good, the best shounen battle today, no doubt.

And Bulat = Zack
Tatsumi = Cloud (?)

zack was more heroic
and cloud was more pussy
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 25, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2012
R.I.P Bulat a true BRO.
Aug 25, 2014 6:20 AM

Dec 2013
ANIKIIII!!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

I want pretty girls to be good not evil :(
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 25, 2014 6:42 AM
Nov 2012
Ugh, Bulat :(( At least his Relic is with Tatsumi
Aug 25, 2014 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
This is what I don't like about this series. It kills off characters with potential for no bloody reason. If Tatsumi does indeed inherit Incursio, it makes the reason for killing Bulat even worse, considering how Bulat, as a character, has much more potential than Tatsumi.
Aug 25, 2014 6:45 AM

Nov 2012
yhunata said:
This is what I don't like about this series. It kills off characters with potential for no bloody reason. If Tatsumi does indeed inherit Incursio, it makes the reason for killing Bulat even worse, considering how Bulat, as a character, has much more potential than Tatsumi.

aniki just a plot device for tatsumi's power up
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 25, 2014 6:56 AM
Dec 2011
Wasn't good as Sheele's death and fight. Was kind of lame way to kill off the char.
Title is akame so she won't die I think.

Would've been much cool if Tatsumi got it in this form..

instead we get the same boring armor.
Aug 25, 2014 7:03 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode, we finally get Kurome introduced.
Aug 25, 2014 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
Vale Bulat & Liver

Two bad ass characters going head-to-head, and both going out at the same time. It was a fitting end for the two. Although i dare say Bulat punching Tatsumi felt forced & awkward. If it means killing off characters so that Tatsumi can grow, im all for it. He was getting on my nerves up all the way through until last week's episode. Can't wait to see how he wises up and evolve into incursio

Aug 25, 2014 7:37 AM

Apr 2014
NeverWinning said:
Vale Bulat & Liver

Two bad ass characters going head-to-head, and both going out at the same time. It was a fitting end for the two. Although i dare say Bulat punching Tatsumi felt forced & awkward. If it means killing off characters so that Tatsumi can grow, im all for it. He was getting on my nerves up all the way through until last week's episode. Can't wait to see how he wises up and evolve into incursio

The power of Aniki/Friendship!
Aug 25, 2014 9:41 AM

Sep 2013
Bulat, you're da man!

You're gay but you're so frickin' cool!
you will be missed, man...
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 25, 2014 11:04 AM

Mar 2011
Oh no dem feels, it's like Gurren Lagaan all over again.

Look forward to see where it goes now :P.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Aug 25, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2013
Noooooo aniki T__T
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 25, 2014 1:00 PM

Oct 2013
Wonder who will die next.

Aug 25, 2014 1:15 PM

Mar 2012
Oh, I noticed that Incursio also has the magatama symbols, pretty interesting how japanese people try to include references of religion and myths in their stories.

TehWhiteTiger said:
Oh no dem feels, it's like Gurren Lagaan all over again.

Look forward to see where it goes now :P.

Yup but not as much as in the manga =)
And now Tatsumi has a weak teigu, gj. I already knew it cuz of the manga... I don't like Incursio that much, I was expecting Tatsumi to get a strong teigu...
Aug 25, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2013
To me this is probably the worst episode so far, most of the episode was really boring, and though i like Bulats character i didnt feel anything when he died.
Aug 25, 2014 3:00 PM
Aug 2013
Man, wasn't expecting another member to die. Also that girl at the end looked really similar to a certain black haired character, I wonder if that means anything?
Aug 25, 2014 3:06 PM

May 2013
Next week is going to be best episode. :3
Aug 25, 2014 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
Hm I def thought Bulat would last longer.
Aug 25, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
Braht, he died like the bro he was... :(
That Liver was such a faggot, using poison. It's a loser weapon. The blond guy was also fucking ugly after his transformation, he looked like those German women swimmer during the URSS occupation xD

That girl at the end, she's Akame sister I guess, the one we saw in her flashback. But is she her biological sister or more like a spiritual sister?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 25, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2013
minouneetzoe said:
Braht, he died like the bro he was... :(
That Liver was such a faggot, using poison. It's a loser weapon. The blond guy was also fucking ugly after his transformation, he looked like those German women swimmer during the URSS occupation xD

That girl at the end, she's Akame sister I guess, the one we saw in her flashback. But is she her biological sister or more like a spiritual sister?

Don't you dare say anything bad about my german swimmer women.
Aug 25, 2014 3:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
WillKamio said:

And Bulat = Zack
Tatsumi = Cloud (?)

zack was more heroic
and cloud was more pussy
+1000

tachiKC said:
Not sure if this has been answered yet on a previous page, but is General Liver's voice actor the same as Alucard from Hellsing? They sound really similar, and I loved his voice acting in that series, it was one of the highlights of that show for me.

Now as far as the episode goes, too bad Bulat died, he was one of my favorite characters lol. I do like the theme of how they introduce the next antagonists at the end of episodes to set up the next ones. Will be looking forward to seeing what is in store!
Yes he is the voice of Alucard but most person's would probably identify him as the voice of Kotomine Kirei from Fate/Zero and Fate Stay/Night
Aug 25, 2014 3:45 PM

Feb 2014
My favorite character Sheele dies first, now my second favorite Bulat dies. 100% DONE WITH AGK TODAY.

But I like how the line Tatsumi says when Bulat dies, "It's okay to cry now,right?" or something like that mirrors what he said to Sheele.

On a side note, I kinda suspected Kurome and Akame were sisters. We have only seen Kurome twice as of now, so I won't say I dislike her character yet, but the whole evil twin sister thing is cliché as all hell. Hopefully it plays out well, but I hope she isn't cartoonishly evil like 90% of the foes of Night Raid until now, or a character that is just built up but doesn't last longer than one episode like EVERY villain except Seryu up until now.

Aug 25, 2014 3:48 PM

May 2013
oktavia-12 said:
My favorite character Sheele dies first, now my second favorite Bulat dies. 100% DONE WITH AGK TODAY.

But I like how the line Tatsumi says when Bulat dies, "It's okay to cry now,right?" or something like that mirrors what he said to Sheele.

On a side note, I kinda suspected Kurome and Akame were sisters. We have only seen Kurome twice as of now, so I won't say I dislike her character yet, but the whole evil twin sister thing is cliché as all hell. Hopefully it plays out well, but I hope she isn't cartoonishly evil like 90% of the foes of Night Raid until now, or a character that is just built up but doesn't last longer than one episode like EVERY villain except Seryu up until now.

Pls don't drop it. Next week the series really starts.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

191 by Sun_Chan »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

287 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

331 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

473 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

283 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 10:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.