Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2016 5:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Minmey, Miss Macross!!!! :)
Dec 16, 2016 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
Moral of the story? Don't let women distract you - men have over twice as much time in their prime than women. Unless you die while watching a beauty pageant when you're supposed to be in battle.
Jan 4, 2017 5:57 PM

May 2015
Real Moral of the story: Waifu > Laifu
Mar 31, 2017 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
Of course she won.
And those flashy scenes were hurting my eyes in these last two ep. :-(
Aug 7, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
A funny way to introduce the Zentradi and the cultural shock a bit more and to add to the heroes relationship.

5/5

Of course she won.

It wasn't even fair to begin with, when one of the participants looks like that:

Total filler episode!

Total baseless conclusion.

@Vhailor That or Explorers vision. xD
Rei_IIINov 26, 2017 5:12 AM
Nov 22, 2017 1:10 AM

Feb 2014
For a moment I thought she was referring to Hikaru when she said she has cousin lol. Being thought of as a cousin would be even worse than getting friendzoned.

And Hikaru really outdid himself this time with his stupidity, and that's saying something. It's still hard to believe this fuckwit became a squad leader.

Still, the sci-fi itself in this episode was pretty good. Pretty sure that's how aliens would react if they bumped into our TV and radio signals.
May 25, 2018 7:48 PM

Aug 2016
this anime so far is actually pretty entertaining, but the gaps get rediculous. I always thought Maccros was "serious", yet its more like a fun teen-pop-corn-mecha show.
:v
Nov 2, 2018 5:51 PM

Feb 2014
Don't you hate it when you are trying to enjoy looking at you crush wearing a bikini but some ugly alien tries to kill you?
Sep 1, 2019 11:30 AM

Feb 2012
Hikaru can't catch a break goddam... pretending to get a bad signal with Misa just so he can slack off and watch the Miss Macross contest.

The culture shock for Wararea, Loli and Konda begins.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 25, 2019 6:59 AM

Mar 2016
This show has certainly been a different experience to say the least
wow
Feb 20, 2020 3:17 PM

Feb 2017
Zentradi watching the beauty contest and reacting to it was the highlight for me. It was funny but we also learned some interesting things about them.
Jul 11, 2020 7:31 AM

Aug 2017
Entertaining episode, though I wonder why Hikaru was the only one to sortie. What about Focker and Max, for example?
Jul 22, 2021 12:15 PM

Aug 2018
Did they just decide they didn't want to animate the mouths moving?

These scenes are about 12 minutes in to the episode
_______I like rocks__
Jan 14, 2022 7:33 PM

May 2020
Focker's a dick lmao.
Jonko
Level 3 Human Priest
Chaotic Good
Rogue Treasure-Hunter

Jun 26, 2023 7:37 PM

Feb 2023
lol

"They're broadcasting an image."
*shows naked women*
"What the hell is this?"
"idk either"

I didn't think this anime would be a comedy!

MSaint said:
Hikaru never was the brightest pilot in Macross' history

Him smiling like an idiot every time he turned the broadcast on made me lose it xD

Beatnik said:
That was hilarious, to beam a beauty contest into mecha, genius.

WTF with the Hikaru hate? If the woman you loved was in a frickin beauty contest, I think you'd do anything in your power to either stop it from happening or watch it yourself. What was he gonna do? Switch to another channel in the mecha? I think not!

Being Hikaru is suffering. Because of women he already lost his "dream" airplane. Now he almost got himself killed. idk maybe this anime is trying to tell us something.

TuzoAnime said:
I would be worried about my life rather than going to a beauty pageant, regardless I've learned not to take this series seriously. The aliens getting a boner was hilarious.

This makes me feels like BATHING THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES but not exactly........ uhhhhhhh

so funny xD

rodac said:
Two or three important bits of information here:
1. The Zentradi species does have females (even though we haven't seen them yet)
2. Zentradi combat teams are gender segregated, but both males and females fight.
3. There's something weird about the way the two sexes relate, since the male Zentradi were obviously reacting to the ..ahem...stimulus, but were unclear as to why they were reacting that way

I think we've just gotten a clue as to why the Zentradi have a taboo about getting involved with the miclone (normal sized human) worlds...

I'm watching it right now and yeah there was a lot of information in this "joke" episode. My takeaway is that they have never even seen a real woman. They were born and put to battle.

Thinking about it I'm not even sure if the aliens are really giants. Maybe it's just the soldiers that are giants or clones or something like that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

58 by Nicoman- »»
Oct 13, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 29 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

33 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 19, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starseeker - Feb 15, 2009

72 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 26 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 6, 2009

38 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 25 Discussion

starseeker - Feb 14, 2009

46 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 8:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.