Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 20, 2023 1:50 PM
Aug 2021
talking about a bad story, it really went into weird stupid territory. guess it was too hard keeping a story about creating games and time travel interesting without adding a stupid "crime and drama" plotline.
Dec 20, 2023 2:12 PM

Nov 2009
Was this written by AI? The plot went really haywire in the last few episodes. And now the aliens turn out to be real (earlier I assumed that Mamoru just had a weird kinda inspirational dream and not really timeslipped).
The show went from "kinda interesting" to "really meh" quite fast.
Dec 20, 2023 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
I guess we have a Sibyl System. I count that as Psycho Pass reference. Oh and while we're at it let's add some aliens. We're already in train wreck territory, so why not? XD

Still enjoying this wacky series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 20, 2023 3:10 PM
Feb 2012
Did this anime bump its head in its sleep, or was it written by AI because I have no clue what is going on anymore
Dec 20, 2023 3:12 PM
Jun 2008
Oh boy, now Echo has appeared in 2023, just in the nick of time!
Dec 20, 2023 3:13 PM

Sep 2010
Hm, this ends with the same tune the girl from the start of episode 3 was humming.

If Konoha's genre-mixing idea for a story in episode 1 was anything to go by, this plotline doesn't bother me that much.
I'm reminded a little of the original Utawarerumono, which is effectively an ancient-Japanese fantasy setting, plus kemonomimi, but towards the end it is revealed to be something else. Still, doesn't detract much from it being an ancient-Japanese setting on the surface.

Only escape I see for Konoha is for her to teleport out to 1996... but I haven't predicted much correctly for this anime.
Dec 20, 2023 3:45 PM
Nov 2022
Many strange things for an anime that is about making visual novels o_0.

So the "Aliens" are going to save the day or something? ._.

The pc-98 is very powerful 🚬.
Dec 20, 2023 4:16 PM
Jun 2021
WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT?
The plot of the plot: U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U

That anime was litteraly made by Chat GPT
I just can´t understand how is this happening, what can happ now??
__kirisakiDec 20, 2023 4:21 PM
Dec 20, 2023 4:31 PM

Aug 2017
Suprised that this episode didn't get well received here. Really enjoyed it. Can't believe we've come so far - from the start with developing bishoujou games in 1992 to this twisted dystopia with an exciting story and plot-twist. I really like that the anime changes its tone so often. Thought the whole story would play in the 90ties, then there were these multiple time skips, the changed worldline and now the new plot with this UFO, which I totally didn't explected. This show never failed to suprise me.

Also with some current references like the problem with AI in the entertainment industry.

Mamorou-kun will never stop in believing in the power of PC-98 😂

I'm really curious how they will wrap this up in one single episode next week.

Still no sign of present-Kaori or present-Meiku (maybe they're in the UFO?)
Dec 20, 2023 5:44 PM

Apr 2022
r2d2 still better than that, thing. konoha got the MIB on their asses.
Dec 20, 2023 6:21 PM

Aug 2020
This episode had a different pacing and mood. Lots of action and an explanation that was different from what I initially had in mind... still frightening to know how far greedy people go, and how A.I. held priorities above the writers' well being. It is fiction, but I wouldn't doubt if such thing happens in the future heh

Mamoru saved Konoha right when she needed the most, and a spaceship came to their rescue...? XD

I hope future Touya will be in a better place in life in the other world possibility...

Dec 20, 2023 6:45 PM

Sep 2018
Just gets worse and worse, don't think I've ever seen a drop off this bad in all my seasonal watching (only 4 or so years).
Dec 20, 2023 6:52 PM
Dec 2022
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH

Honestly wtf is this anime plot
Dec 20, 2023 7:01 PM

Jul 2022
Her voice sounds so annoying like a little pipsqueak.

Dec 20, 2023 7:03 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to phantomfandom
People that want to feel nostalgic of 1990-2000 era is gonna be disappointed with this futuristic ending.
@phantomfandom to be fair, 90s visual novels use to mix up 90s mundane setting with over the top sci-fi conspiracies, like Yu-no,Eve Burst Error or Exodus Guilty.
MichaelJacksonDec 20, 2023 7:10 PM
:v
Dec 20, 2023 9:09 PM

Feb 2020
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON IN THIS SHOW LMAOOO I CANT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2023 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
The cavalry has arrived!
And they came in an UFO!!!!!
LMAO LOL ROFL XD

My candies:
Dec 20, 2023 10:22 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to MichaelJackson
@phantomfandom to be fair, 90s visual novels use to mix up 90s mundane setting with over the top sci-fi conspiracies, like Yu-no,Eve Burst Error or Exodus Guilty.
@MichaelJackson What about Steins;Gate and Chaos;Child
My candies:
Dec 20, 2023 10:26 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to jsooka
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON IN THIS SHOW LMAOOO I CANT
@jsooka Art, pure and hilarious art! XD

Or as the meme says: "This is anime!" X'D
My candies:
Dec 20, 2023 11:04 PM
Nov 2018
I liked it. I thought it was a fun show. Now I can't wait for it to be over with.
Dec 20, 2023 11:18 PM
Aug 2019
crazy sh*t ...........
Dec 20, 2023 11:49 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Just gets worse and worse, don't think I've ever seen a drop off this bad in all my seasonal watching (only 4 or so years).
@GakutoDeathGlare what's wrong with the plot? this was already shown several episodes ago also if you think this is a really bad drop off of a show there are ones that are way worse, but yeah don't see where the drop is even know this was hinted at in ep 7
Dec 20, 2023 11:54 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to AurasNep
@GakutoDeathGlare what's wrong with the plot? this was already shown several episodes ago also if you think this is a really bad drop off of a show there are ones that are way worse, but yeah don't see where the drop is even know this was hinted at in ep 7
@AurasNep It's simply a subjective personal preference. Some may like this tonal shift to a more sci fi/crime drama related plot, I liked it for it's more simplistic style in the beginning.
Dec 21, 2023 12:05 AM
Dec 2023
The Pace was fast and the end was random
And PC-98 was a God Tier in Mamoru Hand😅
Dec 21, 2023 12:45 AM
May 2021
Ok what the hell is goign on anyore, like this anime went from 1 to 100 in a few episodes then threw like 50 curveballs i am so lost on what is even the plot is at this point.

But hell if im not going to enjoy this finaly beacuse it has become so out of wack.
Dec 21, 2023 3:48 AM
Aug 2017
This anime is chaotic and went into a weird stage where I don't even know if it's good or bad anymore. But if it's bad it's bad in the same comforting and over the top way that some tv shows from the 80's are, like Knight Rider, A-Team and so on - they're so over the top and absurd some times that I can't help but love all of it despite how absurdly bad it is. I will need a second season of this absurdly weird show :D
Dec 21, 2023 6:24 AM
Dec 2017
Is that just a same melody or Evangelion reference in the end?
Dec 21, 2023 11:38 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
Reply to Sondfer
Is that just a same melody or Evangelion reference in the end?
@Sondfer Yes, I believe it's Beethoven's "Ode to Joy"
Dec 21, 2023 5:16 PM
Apr 2022
k, but can it just go back to simple things like, enjoying bishoujo games, this sci fi weird tone shift is not something that i expected nor wanted in this once cute wholesome anime
Dec 21, 2023 6:51 PM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
The "humans enslaved to AI" concept is pretty laughably executed here (the entire show feels a bit like a poorly made caricature at this point), but as a certified AI hater just the idea alone is enough to give me the chills... I didn't know what to expect when I started this anime, but it certainly wasn't this kind of escalation. "AI used to help humans, but now it's the other way around. That's all there is to it." Terrifying, absolutely dystopian... and a future I'm not so sure is entirely impossible at this point.

Konoha lowkey getting the Evangelion treatment from evil America man™ may have made me chuckle a bit.
Dec 21, 2023 8:16 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to Kiryotsu
Her voice sounds so annoying like a little pipsqueak.
@Kiryotsu i literally turn down the volume when she talks cause her voice is so annoying, i can't believe this is the same VA who voiced kaguya and komi.
Dec 22, 2023 11:20 AM

Jan 2022
How many PC-98s do y'all think Mamoru owns? In the original current time Konoha lived in, did Teslas also exist? Why didn't Konoha just run away when the robots started to approach her? Weird that Toya didn't want Konoha to approach her. God I fucking hate Konoha's voice, its so freaking annoying, high pitched, and so whiny. I wonder if Mamoru and Konoha will date or something, because I totally see it. This is such a mess and took just a drastic turn with only 1 episode left. Why bring aliens into this??
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 22, 2023 11:21 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to aloradear
@Kiryotsu i literally turn down the volume when she talks cause her voice is so annoying, i can't believe this is the same VA who voiced kaguya and komi.
@aloradear lmaoooo I also turned down the volume when she started yapping. I hate it so much
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 22, 2023 12:05 PM
Jul 2023
Good start and end with this.
Dec 22, 2023 6:41 PM
Jul 2021
😂 wtf is even happening any more 😂
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 22, 2023 8:40 PM

Dec 2022
Toya-chan deserve a slap to the face also. She is practically cool with kidnapping as long as her company survives. What a selfish woman. It would have been better to just let the company go under than to commit a crime especially more the crime is towards her idol
Dec 23, 2023 8:08 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to NoHeart
@MichaelJackson What about Steins;Gate and Chaos;Child
@NoHeart now that you mention it, they still do it. thats why Konoha needs to fix up the timeline
:v
Dec 23, 2023 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to MichaelJackson
@NoHeart now that you mention it, they still do it. thats why Konoha needs to fix up the timeline
@MichaelJackson She has to because that dystopia is horrific! All the entertainment under yanki control, that's hell!! ``(>.<)´´
My candies:
Dec 24, 2023 11:03 PM

Nov 2023
It gets weirder and weirder as we go on. I'm assuming the white haired alien characters are gonna be back next episode hence the UFO at the end but it's getting exciting now.

I honestly expected a visual novel creation anime without everything else but this is good too.
Dec 25, 2023 6:38 PM

Aug 2019
I wasn't going to say anything for the rest of this series, but what even was this episode
Dec 26, 2023 4:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is truly a dystopia eh, using real brains to work as AI to make games it went too far lol, and now we even have aliens or whatever it was at the end ahaha, this is going really far indeed
Dec 26, 2023 3:33 PM

Jan 2022
I only have one thing to say, what the fuck. We really went from a cool anime where they do vn to this, I guess the ovni are the ones that Mamoru has seen when he time travelled, it's sure gonna be really interesting next episode.
I like everything, ok
Dec 27, 2023 6:33 AM

Oct 2017
Wtf is even happening lmao. What else are they gonna add on. Isekai next?
Dec 27, 2023 7:17 AM

Jul 2019
I don't like that Glenn fellow one bit. I wouldn't be sad at all if he somehow managed to get at least seriously injured next episode.

Touya-chan is hot so I'll forgive her.
Dec 27, 2023 2:48 PM
Oct 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Holy shit aliens?? We sure this wasn’t made by trigger lol? Plot starting to go a little all over the place at the end, hope they wrap things up satisfactorily next week. The shifts to futuristic AI/CI and UFOs are definitely interesting.

Assuming these are the same ones from Mamoru’s trip to the past, this’ll be fun.

The whole hooking employees up to the CI machine is really disturbing. Especially since the CEO clearly isn’t into consent. Those people have probably been in there for years. I’d rather not have a job than work for a company that employs methods like that. Touya really fell off 😢

Is there anything the PC 98 can’t do? Hooking the robot security guards up to them was brilliant.

Little blush from Konoha when Mamoru explained everything he went through to save her was cute. I ship it

Moral of the story, don’t let Americans get control of the Japanese gaming industry

that's exactly what I said , where has this plot gone the last 3 eps , nonetheless it's still a enjoyable anime
Dec 29, 2023 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
I like the twist of fate how Toya went from manipulating men to being manipulated by corporate control over her from her selfishness lol
Dec 29, 2023 10:42 PM
Dec 2014
This continues to be AWFUL.
Jan 28, 12:01 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
It kinda broke my heart to see Toya crying about needing to make games when so much of this anime is making games because you're passionate about them and love them.

This is more pulling in from last episode and my feelings only now pouring out into this episode, but I'm not sure how I feel about the lowkey 'America ruins everything and doesn't understand the essence of the things they borrow' element, but in a way they're not wrong. Folks from other cultures in the US are already more than familiar with that. The complete disrespect and lack of care taken in understanding the actual passion behind what makes the things the average US citizen/company pretty much steals actually beautiful is often so ridiculous. Like people have been talking about this for so long and no one listens. They say folks are gate keeping, they say folks are butthurt, and then they pull out the whole "we're a big melting pot, so we all share the same things" crap. Like okay but when you're actually passionate about something and understand its original nature you know when things don't look, sound, or feel right. We're not just complaining. We just know. Much like in this anime, you see a kinda butchered version of what you know and love it's just hard to not say something about it. I'm not even saying others shouldn't touch things created by others, just that, yeah there are certain things that make the things we do what they actually are, and that's just something to note going forward when people create.

On the other hand, yeah sorry, I don't believe for a sec that people would accept that art so much over the typical anime-style art. Even today with people being A-Okay with America's art styles becoming more and more based in realism, I think there are many people who still prefer bishoujo-style art-- or just anime-style art. It's everywhere in Japan-- even on ads for big companies! It's even coming to the US-- more as a novelty, but it's here. They said there was pushback in the anime when they changed art styles, but in the end it's not "cute" but it's a more mature style in the first place. I don't think anyone looks at American games and says the art style is cute. They say it's realistic, not cute. I just don't think anyone would have honestly been able to convince people that the art style was cute. I'll look this over though.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 25, 2:08 PM

May 2015
Reply to phantomfandom
People that want to feel nostalgic of 1990-2000 era is gonna be disappointed with this futuristic ending.
@phantomfandom Idont think so, i liked it, the production value is low but the message is clear...you see many reference of our current situation IA, Meta, inmersive reality, many tech advances but lack of passion..I still remember those days is a nostalguc anime for sure,at least for me
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

Mar 2013
U U U U U~ IT'S ACTUALLY A UFO... BRUH 😆
I actually like this series up to the creation of last waltz, but yeah, the plot twists are getting out of proportion. 🤣

I was actually looking forward to something like "the creation of old series in various forms", not this cr*ppy sci-fi flicks.
I need bishoujo's creation... 😭😭😭 Damn, the author made me hate this series for giving up on it.
Their knowledge of bishojou games already ran out, I suppose.
CrazyButNot4UMar 16, 10:34 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2023

111 by Kristiwazhere »»
Sep 18, 4:26 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2023

86 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 8, 10:00 AM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

88 by Trentsuki »»
Apr 27, 12:19 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

73 by lasodamos »»
Apr 11, 2:11 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

126 by lasodamos »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.